6.9

1. Jan 26, 2019
    Highly addictive, well designed, entertaining, challenging, maybe a little bit unfair. I really like this game and would give it a 10 for what it is, however there's a flaw found in many rogue-likes: it requires a non-negligible amount of luck in order to do well in a run, so given you have the perfect strategy you might still need several runs in order to finish it so I had to substract 1Highly addictive, well designed, entertaining, challenging, maybe a little bit unfair. I really like this game and would give it a 10 for what it is, however there's a flaw found in many rogue-likes: it requires a non-negligible amount of luck in order to do well in a run, so given you have the perfect strategy you might still need several runs in order to finish it so I had to substract 1 point from my score. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2019
    It's a fun game and the developers have performed very well throughout the duration of their stint in Early Access. They're one of the good ones- I would trust their next title and promises attached to it.

As you can imagine with a game of this type (Deck-Building Rogue-Like Dungeon Crawler) there is a heavy emphasis on RNG. Whether or not you like that aspect will heavily define your inclination to play the game. If you enjoy that, I recommend picking up this game.
  3. Jan 23, 2019
    I've never liked rouge-like games, but I can't put down slay the spire. Fantastic game play combined with clever card design, makes it a perfect pick up and play game, but also hard to put away!
  4. Jan 26, 2019
    Great game. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I wound up playing it for longer and longer and just began to love it. The art style is my only complaint. Otherwise, its just a really good draft game.
  5. Jan 25, 2019
    I played this game for over 100 hours during early access. It is a crowning achievement in gaming, merging deck builder mechanics with a rogue-like challenge. It takes a while to get used to things, but once you do, it's a lot of fun.
  6. Jan 26, 2019
    It's only January and this is already the most overrated game of the year.

There are very few heroes, few enemies, few bosses, etc. Once you've played for a couple hours, you've seen all the game has to offer. All that's left is to go through the same thing over again with a crappy deck again. Custom modes help slightly, but they're not nearly enough. As someone else put it: "the
    It's only January and this is already the most overrated game of the year.

As someone else put it: "the rogue-like elements destroy the deck building elements". It's true, and unfortunate.
  7. Jan 26, 2019
    This is the most fun I've had in years. What a well-designed single player card game!
  8. Jan 27, 2019
    Normally hate turn-based and all card games in general. However, I loved how this game starts simple as you build your deck. Keeps it from getting overwhelming, where similar games fail. Sometimes game brutally unfair though where it's not possible to win.
  9. Jan 26, 2019
    the games still going strong for me after 86hrs. this is an amazingly innovative deck builder game thats pretty much the godfather of deck crawlers. super high replayability and now it supports mods which adds even more replayability to the game! pretty balanced cards and characters with varied game plays and "builds" to go for. dev has been very active with communicating with the players.the games still going strong for me after 86hrs. this is an amazingly innovative deck builder game thats pretty much the godfather of deck crawlers. super high replayability and now it supports mods which adds even more replayability to the game! pretty balanced cards and characters with varied game plays and "builds" to go for. dev has been very active with communicating with the players. this isnt a game for everyone but if you enjoy card strat games, this is a must play. if you complain about RNG, compare this is hearthstone then you can really tell which is RNGer. look at some of the top players play on youtube, they have high win rate at the highest difficulty becasue they strategize and think about ways to minimize the risks. this game requires a high level of game knowledge and experience to play at the top level. after 86hrs i can only get one of my characters to ascension 11 but i have always enjoyed playing. i know when i lose its because i screwed up earlier. Expand
  10. Jan 30, 2019
    The rogue-like elements destroy the deck building elements
    I guess it's an ok game but the whole genre of deckbuilding games need a revolution. It's not it.
    And the old and mighty RNG just kills the fun for me.
  11. Feb 25, 2019
    Luck and RNG game. Be lucky and the game beats itself. Try strategy and get punish for it.
  12. Feb 23, 2019
    The game is great, and having 3 different characters helps to deal with 'repetition'. Each character has a unique deck, with many different ways to play. There are flaws in the game mind you, but the biggest flaw is also a strength - everything is random. This leads to a great deal of frustration, but also joy, as you learn what to expect each play through.
  13. Feb 1, 2019
    I had never played a deck builder or even had interest in playing a deck builder until I tried Slay the Spire. 400 hours later, it's safe to say this is one of the best games of the past few years. If you don't see the replayability value, watch some streamers that have 1000+ hours. Each run is unique and requires and takes careful planning.
  14. Feb 21, 2019
    A fantastic Deckbuilding game, the best one there is for PC this far, in fact
  15. Feb 11, 2019
    Well, yes it's a decent deck builder, fun combat strategy, but variety of enemies is not high, luck is very present... and, basically, it's not a AAA title, so I hate to rate those on the same scale as a Witcher or Divinity: Original Sin. It's ok, you try the different desks, you have your favourite... and after a dozen plays and a couple of weeks, you forget about this little game.
  16. Jan 24, 2019
    Most fun i had in years!!!
    145 hours and counting
    I pop in daily to play the daily challenge
  17. Feb 27, 2019
    Отличный представитель класса роглайков, не имеет такого высокого порога входа как Isaac или Nuclear Throne, но всё ещё может подкидывать определенный челлендж. Если вам нравятся ККИ и/или роглайки: брать бесспорно.
  18. Feb 8, 2019
    Slay the Spire is one of those games that only the independence of the PC market can give. There is no way the console market would have given a chance on this game: The art style was, and is some cases still is, rudimentary, and the idea of a collectible card game that doesn't let you actually keep hard-won cards flew in the face of established licences like Hearthstone.

However, the

However, the gaming market is constantly evolving: Players who would describe themselves as casual are looking for a deeper gaming experience, challenging but with a limited time commitment. Slay the Spire fills this need, providing a full, unique experience in roughly an hour. Over the course of hundreds of individual hours, you will form strategies, you will build combos, you will fight battles which will bring you to your last hit point, hoping in vain for the one card, the lone artifact which will make this run a successful one.

The mechanics of the game, are by this time, well known: You start with block and attack cards and use them in a battle against one to five foes. With each win, you get to pick one of three random cards (with traits that compliment your chosen class). The challenge, and ultimately the hook, of this game are these small decisions which flesh out your deck. Your choices, along with random luck, will determine your success.

You will fail. A lot.

You will start over from scratch.

Eventually you will win. It is the euphoria of finishing a run that makes this worthwhile. And, here's the thing: That win can't ever happen again. You can't recreate that deck, or the map, or the circumstances that earned you that win. So what do you do? You start over.

Though repetitive, Slay the Spire has just enough length per run to make it worthwhile, while not outstaying it's welcome. Combined with a thriving modding community on Steam, this game promises to be fresh for sometime to come. Slay the Spire has innovated. Let's see how it gets imitated...
  19. Feb 7, 2019
    It can be really tough to "get it". It certainly helps to watch someone really good at the game play it, just to get a sense of the basic rhythms of the curve. But once you get your first win, it has a lot of replay value.
  20. Feb 12, 2019
    It's a very good roguelite card game. Plenty to unlock and nothing ever feels the same.

My only issue is it supports controllers but it is super awkward playing with one.
  21. Feb 23, 2019
    Меня друг ебнул когда узнал что я в нее не играл,потом позвал моего батю и он тоже меня ебнул,после подтянулись его коллеги с работы и тоже отпидорасили.
    Какой вывод?
    Покупайте игру
  22. Feb 28, 2019
    While the graphics might be lacking, every other aspect of this game is perfection.
  23. Feb 27, 2019
    Very addictive game. If you like deciding about your choices and carefully planning this game is for you.
  24. Mar 12, 2019
    As a heavily RNG dependent game, it can be quite unpredictable at times. If you don't get decent cards then you're gonna have a rough time. However, the game itself is a great time killer and a lot of fun. The 3 characters the game contains have all different playstyles, ranging from a basic strength warrior to a caster type automaton.

Each run will be different from the last, and while

Each run will be different from the last, and while the game can sometimes be a bit frustrating due to the challenge of working with RNG, even with poor starting cards you can make it through with smart planning. Watch gameplay to see if it's for you. Personally I believe it's a game worth picking up!

4.5/5 Great game, and fun to start up when you're looking to have some innocent fun playing solo. Or go competitive with daily challenges, the choice is yours! Which path will you take?

1. Edge Magazine
    Feb 28, 2019
    Sweetest of all, the satisfying thrum of a finely tuned engine. [Issue#330, p.116]
  2. Feb 25, 2019
    A brilliant single-player roguelike with awesome card battles at its core. Individual runs vary massively, resulting in almost endless replayability. There’s only one complaint - random luck plays too big a role in determining your success or failure. Other than that, this is simply a great, serious RPG.
  3. Feb 19, 2019
    Perhaps the most affirming praise to offer Slay the Spire is that instead of writing about it, I would prefer to be playing it instead. The game has an addictive quality where all the little choices made can pay off in big ways down the road. The combat is straightforward enough for anyone to grasp while also offering incredible depth, and the simple act of deck-building is entertaining in and of itself. Where the game needs to exceed it does so by multiple degrees, more than enough to outweigh the minor quibbles it garners after hours of play. Any opportunity to even try the game should be greeted with enthusiastic expediency.