7.5

1. Apr 1, 2019
    Slay the spire is a lot of fun. If you liked rogue like games such as the 'Binding of Issac' and like card games/deck building games such as hearthstone, then you would most likely enjoy this.
    Building you deck on the fly and getting combos is very satisfying.
    It would be nice to see some more options for Heroes.
  2. Apr 27, 2019
    This is an excellent game, an elegant mash-up of deckbuilding and rogue-like mechanics. There is plenty of strategy to be found, but because of its dungeon-crawling format its easy to just dive right in. My only complaint and the only reason I didn't give this a 10/10 is that there isn't enough content yet. There are three floors to crawl through but it feels like there should be more.This is an excellent game, an elegant mash-up of deckbuilding and rogue-like mechanics. There is plenty of strategy to be found, but because of its dungeon-crawling format its easy to just dive right in. My only complaint and the only reason I didn't give this a 10/10 is that there isn't enough content yet. There are three floors to crawl through but it feels like there should be more. It's also a pity this is only out on PC at the moment, I think it would be an excellent candidate for mobile. Regardless the gameplay is excellent and I highly recommend this if you like either card games or rouge-likes! Expand
  3. Jun 12, 2019
    with the first couple of hours this game seems to be only somewhat interesting, but as you play more get more cards and find new enemies the game changes. the games difficulty scales with the time that you complete it and unlocks new handicaps for you since you're improving. but really good game me liky 10/10
  4. Jul 23, 2019
    Probably the best indie game I have ever played. The game has pretty little content, and yet can build almost endless replayablity on it. As the game is completely randomly generated, all playtrhough is a bit different. And there are like 30 different game rules, that you can enable/disable to make a very specific (and usually much harder) playthrough, with Daily challenge mode, where theProbably the best indie game I have ever played. The game has pretty little content, and yet can build almost endless replayablity on it. As the game is completely randomly generated, all playtrhough is a bit different. And there are like 30 different game rules, that you can enable/disable to make a very specific (and usually much harder) playthrough, with Daily challenge mode, where the devs selects one rule set for all players each day, where you can face the challenge they have selected and compete with scores of other people. Even after the initial enchantment phase (where I was playing STS all the time) passed away, I return to the game over and over again, once in a few days, to play enjoy the strange settings of the daily challenges. And everytime I do, I'm amazed by the genius of this game's game design. Expand
  5. Sep 29, 2019
    6.8 out of 10 user score on metacritic, from 306 reviews, 96% score on steam from 32,000 reviews. I think you get my point.

Probably the most addictive game i have ever played, period. its like crack, once you start, theres no stopping. endless mode 2000 floors ez lol. 10/10 for concept and 10/10 for execution. I hate card games mostly, but this just grabbed me within 20 minutes and

10/10 for concept and 10/10 for execution. I hate card games mostly, but this just grabbed me within 20 minutes and didnt let go. 300 hours later, still playing.
  6. Oct 24, 2019
    Overview: A well designed deck-building game with a great game loop that wont appeal to all audiences due to the level of RNG involved.

So with the 4th character now in Beta, and the full game released a while now, its amazing to see this game still being updated with constant patches and balance changes. The core game loop has the player choose one of 4 character classes, and then

The core game loop has the player choose one of 4 character classes, and then undertake 3 (4 once unlocked) levels of branching paths, each culminating with a boss. These paths are randomly generated, and consist of monster battles, random events, shops, rest spots, chests and elite boss battles.

Monsters are fought with a hand of 5 cards drawn each turn from a deck of cards (starting with 10 preset cards for each class). During the battle, players will spend mana to play these cards, generally until all mana for that turn has been spent. These cards include 'attack' cards, effects that last for the whole battle called 'powers', and 'skill' cards, which have a variety of effects including reducing the damage taken from monsters (called block). Each turn the player is informed what generic action type the monster(s) is going to take (attack, block, buff, debuff) and how much damage they will deal. This allows the player to make informed choices as to how to spend their cards for a given turn. Once the player ends the turn, the monster(s) take their action, and the player regains full mana, and draws a new hand of 5 cards. Monster battles increase in difficulty as you progress along the paths, and reward the player with gold, options to add new cards to your deck, and occasionally potions which the player can use in battle for an ever-increasing variety of effects.

Stores allow the removal of cards from your deck (handy for removing unwanted cards or 'curses'), and the purchase of new cards, potions and 'relics'. Relics are items that provide a permanent buff to a character, which can also be obtained through elite monster battles, chests, random events, and boss battles.

Rest sites allow the recovery of health and the option to 'upgrade' a card. Upgraded cards may cost less, have additional effects, or do more damage. However a character cant both upgrade a card, and recover hp.

Random events are exactly what they sound like, but in general will provide a player with options to respond to a situation for varying effects, although there is a chance of random monster encounters.

Chests provide a relic at no cost to the player, but only 1 can be reached per path.

Boss battles reward the character with a 'boss' relic which in many cases will increase a players mana, allowing more cards to be played each turn (or more expensive cards). The player is also rewarded with a choice of 1 of 3 gold bordered cards. These are the rarest cards to find, with blue bordered cards being rare and white common. Upon finalising their choices, the character will then move to the next pathway with full health, and repeat the process.

It is important to note that while there is an insane amount of player agency in the game - which cards to choose, which paths to take, which cards to play, which monster to kill first etc., the game remains very RNG dependant. There are going to be runs where your deck is a steaming pile of garbage and you die early. There will be runs where you have the perfect deck, but you draw the wrong cards at the wrong time. You might be perfectly geared up for 1 particular boss fight, only to find that on the final floor your build is hard countered by the boss's innate abilities (looking at you Time Eater). If you cant accept that this is going to happen, then this game is not for you.

But oh boy if you like rogue-like games, then this one is amazing. My personal criteria for a good game is that it has to provide me with interesting choices, and this does it in abundance. Every run feels like a balancing act between getting more good cards that fit your build, without bloating your deck. Is my deck good enough to take 3 elites on a single path? Can I afford to skip this heal? Is this relic worth getting cursed for? Which card do I upgrade? How did I end up with 5 cards in my hand that do nothing and I only have 5 hp left?

Slay the Spire does everything a good deck-building game needs to do and far far more and I cannot recommend it enough.
  7. Aug 14, 2019
    What an amazing game. It seems very basic and simple but is anything but. You are always kept on your toes and there are many ways to victory. Great game for those who like card - and strategy games.
  8. Sep 24, 2019
    Its a rather small and tight game, so you either like it or you dont.
    This is a pure gameplay game it does not have a story it does not have great art and music, it just has a tiny amount of those three just enough to be playable while all the focus has been put on balancing the gameplay and replayability.
    Think it payed off they managed to make the one thing the game have very good
  9. Jan 3, 2021
    I want give this game a 7 but the mod community through the steam workshop gives it that one extra rating. The game is highly addictive early on, but for me once it gets stale (18 hours playtime) I found it hard to commit to another run with the same bosses and relics to embark on a quest to find the same cards from that characters type. I game just needs a bit more content maybe a few newI want give this game a 7 but the mod community through the steam workshop gives it that one extra rating. The game is highly addictive early on, but for me once it gets stale (18 hours playtime) I found it hard to commit to another run with the same bosses and relics to embark on a quest to find the same cards from that characters type. I game just needs a bit more content maybe a few new characters for example. The level design is a big positive for me, I love choosing what I do next and it feels like my choices are strategy based rather then pointless choice that will not matter long term. This game does leave a lot down to luck though and that might be a turn off for some. For me the graphics are disappointing and in some cases look lazy due to the same dull backgrounds during fights. It is a very well made and addictive deck builder with with a few imperfections, but it is a worthy buy for any deck building game fan. Expand
  10. Sep 18, 2019
    Best card game i have played in a while. Only con : i really don't have enough hours in a day, and after playing this 20 hours in a week-end nothing else had been done in the house
  11. Feb 23, 2019
    The game is great, and having 3 different characters helps to deal with 'repetition'. Each character has a unique deck, with many different ways to play. There are flaws in the game mind you, but the biggest flaw is also a strength - everything is random. This leads to a great deal of frustration, but also joy, as you learn what to expect each play through.
  12. Feb 1, 2019
    I had never played a deck builder or even had interest in playing a deck builder until I tried Slay the Spire. 400 hours later, it's safe to say this is one of the best games of the past few years. If you don't see the replayability value, watch some streamers that have 1000+ hours. Each run is unique and requires and takes careful planning.
  13. Jul 21, 2019
    Slay the Spire é um dos jogos mais divertidos e refinados do ano, seja em seu sistema de jogo, seus elementos de estratégia, suas possibilidades de escolha ou sua trilha sonora. Por isso mesmo uma direção de arte tão pobre me surpreende.
  14. Jan 5, 2021
    Very fun roguelike deckbuilder. Perfect game to start up and when you got nothing else to do and wanna burn some time or just wanna play something laid back for a while. Almost all my friends that has this game has 100+ hours.
  15. Feb 27, 2019
    Отличный представитель класса роглайков, не имеет такого высокого порога входа как Isaac или Nuclear Throne, но всё ещё может подкидывать определенный челлендж. Если вам нравятся ККИ и/или роглайки: брать бесспорно.
  16. Feb 8, 2019
    Slay the Spire is one of those games that only the independence of the PC market can give. There is no way the console market would have given a chance on this game: The art style was, and is some cases still is, rudimentary, and the idea of a collectible card game that doesn't let you actually keep hard-won cards flew in the face of established licences like Hearthstone.

However, the

However, the gaming market is constantly evolving: Players who would describe themselves as casual are looking for a deeper gaming experience, challenging but with a limited time commitment. Slay the Spire fills this need, providing a full, unique experience in roughly an hour. Over the course of hundreds of individual hours, you will form strategies, you will build combos, you will fight battles which will bring you to your last hit point, hoping in vain for the one card, the lone artifact which will make this run a successful one.

The mechanics of the game, are by this time, well known: You start with block and attack cards and use them in a battle against one to five foes. With each win, you get to pick one of three random cards (with traits that compliment your chosen class). The challenge, and ultimately the hook, of this game are these small decisions which flesh out your deck. Your choices, along with random luck, will determine your success.

You will fail. A lot.

You will start over from scratch.

Eventually you will win. It is the euphoria of finishing a run that makes this worthwhile. And, here's the thing: That win can't ever happen again. You can't recreate that deck, or the map, or the circumstances that earned you that win. So what do you do? You start over.

Though repetitive, Slay the Spire has just enough length per run to make it worthwhile, while not outstaying it's welcome. Combined with a thriving modding community on Steam, this game promises to be fresh for sometime to come. Slay the Spire has innovated. Let's see how it gets imitated...
  17. Feb 7, 2019
    It can be really tough to "get it". It certainly helps to watch someone really good at the game play it, just to get a sense of the basic rhythms of the curve. But once you get your first win, it has a lot of replay value.
  18. Mar 12, 2019
    As a heavily RNG dependent game, it can be quite unpredictable at times. If you don't get decent cards then you're gonna have a rough time. However, the game itself is a great time killer and a lot of fun. The 3 characters the game contains have all different playstyles, ranging from a basic strength warrior to a caster type automaton.

Each run will be different from the last, and while

Each run will be different from the last, and while the game can sometimes be a bit frustrating due to the challenge of working with RNG, even with poor starting cards you can make it through with smart planning. Watch gameplay to see if it's for you. Personally I believe it's a game worth picking up!

4.5/5 Great game, and fun to start up when you're looking to have some innocent fun playing solo. Or go competitive with daily challenges, the choice is yours! Which path will you take?
  19. Apr 8, 2019
    I have spent countless hours playing this game.
    The 3 decks (each of 75 cards plus a special set of Colorless card) make the game infinitely re-playable, by building on the several possible strategies for each character.
    If you want a challenge, this game is one of the best hands down, you will quickly get addicted!
  20. May 27, 2019
    Best rogue likecardgame ever!!! You will play it over and over again and never get enough. Highly replay value because every time you start, its an complete different run.
    My favorite game 2019!!!
  21. Aug 7, 2019
    Great little time killer to jump on and play 2-3hrs. Yes there is an element of luck and RNG but it's very entertaining and very well priced.
  22. Nov 4, 2019
    Great game. Half of the negative reviews about how their ass burned while playing this game.
  23. Jun 27, 2020
    This game is great conceptually and a net positive experience, but it isn't without its flaws. There is a fair amount of luck that goes into deckbuilding; you don't want to add too many crappy cards to your deck, but if you set your standards too high sometimes you end up taking almost nothing and are destined to lose anyway. There are a number of cards in the game that are just straightThis game is great conceptually and a net positive experience, but it isn't without its flaws. There is a fair amount of luck that goes into deckbuilding; you don't want to add too many crappy cards to your deck, but if you set your standards too high sometimes you end up taking almost nothing and are destined to lose anyway. There are a number of cards in the game that are just straight up BAD in all scenarios. I get that you need that kind of filler in a normal TCG, but in this game I don't think that it's necessary. The other big bummer is that all the variety comes in this deckbuilding aspect of the game. There aren't really many different encounters, enemy or otherwise, across the 3 levels of the spire. After a small handful of playthroughs you know almost exactly what to expect, and it's up to the luck of the cards as to whether or not you'll make it to the final boss. They recently added a 4th class which is fantastic (and which is probably my favorite to play), but I would have liked to see some additional content in way of more varied encounters over a new class personally.

Everything else about the game I think is great. The deckbuilding really is the highlight of the game. If you're into that sort of thing you will really like this game. The graphics are cool, the music is pretty good, there's no real story but the game doesn't need it, and the challenges are great fun. Overall I say this is worth picking up, but it isn't without its faults.
  24. Jan 2, 2021
    Great roguelike, offers a lot of interesting builds and its fun to make "broken" decks. Main problem is endgame. Once you learn the ins and outs of each class, end game becomes very boring and pointless.
  25. Jan 26, 2019
    Highly addictive, well designed, entertaining, challenging, maybe a little bit unfair. I really like this game and would give it a 10 for what it is, however there's a flaw found in many rogue-likes: it requires a non-negligible amount of luck in order to do well in a run, so given you have the perfect strategy you might still need several runs in order to finish it so I had to substract 1Highly addictive, well designed, entertaining, challenging, maybe a little bit unfair. I really like this game and would give it a 10 for what it is, however there's a flaw found in many rogue-likes: it requires a non-negligible amount of luck in order to do well in a run, so given you have the perfect strategy you might still need several runs in order to finish it so I had to substract 1 point from my score. Expand
  26. Feb 28, 2019
    While the graphics might be lacking, every other aspect of this game is perfection.
  27. Jan 26, 2019
    It's a fun game and the developers have performed very well throughout the duration of their stint in Early Access. They're one of the good ones- I would trust their next title and promises attached to it.

As you can imagine with a game of this type (Deck-Building Rogue-Like Dungeon Crawler) there is a heavy emphasis on RNG. Whether or not you like that aspect will heavily define your inclination to play the game. If you enjoy that, I recommend picking up this game.
  28. Jan 26, 2019
    Great game. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I wound up playing it for longer and longer and just began to love it. The art style is my only complaint. Otherwise, its just a really good draft game.
  29. Jan 23, 2019
    I've never liked rouge-like games, but I can't put down slay the spire. Fantastic game play combined with clever card design, makes it a perfect pick up and play game, but also hard to put away!
  30. Feb 11, 2019
    Well, yes it's a decent deck builder, fun combat strategy, but variety of enemies is not high, luck is very present... and, basically, it's not a AAA title, so I hate to rate those on the same scale as a Witcher or Divinity: Original Sin. It's ok, you try the different desks, you have your favourite... and after a dozen plays and a couple of weeks, you forget about this little game.
  31. Jan 25, 2019
    I played this game for over 100 hours during early access. It is a crowning achievement in gaming, merging deck builder mechanics with a rogue-like challenge. It takes a while to get used to things, but once you do, it's a lot of fun.
  32. Jan 24, 2019
    Most fun i had in years!!!
    145 hours and counting
    I pop in daily to play the daily challenge
  33. May 21, 2019
    Slay the Spire connects two genres most of us love - rogue-like and card collection. This combination works extremely well.
    As in every respectable rogue-like, every run is unique - you will get different cards and meet different enemies every time. Three distinct classes add to the variety - every class feels different from each other and features unique mechanics.
    The difficulty is
    The difficulty is just fine - not letting you relax, but not making you think the game's impossible.
    This is an almost perfect rogue-like, so if you want to dive into this genre - it might be a perfect entry point.
  34. Jan 26, 2019
    It's only January and this is already the most overrated game of the year.

There are very few heroes, few enemies, few bosses, etc. Once you've played for a couple hours, you've seen all the game has to offer. All that's left is to go through the same thing over again with a crappy deck again. Custom modes help slightly, but they're not nearly enough. As someone else put it: "the
    It's only January and this is already the most overrated game of the year.

As someone else put it: "the rogue-like elements destroy the deck building elements". It's true, and unfortunate.
  35. May 8, 2019
    This is a gamers game. Not a wishy washy but pretty picture thats paper thin in depth and with mediocre execution. But a deep treasure trove of fun which, if you look beyond the surface, is a veritable goldmine - capable of swallowing up hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime. There are literally thousands of different deck variants you can deploy. And each one feels unique. AThis is a gamers game. Not a wishy washy but pretty picture thats paper thin in depth and with mediocre execution. But a deep treasure trove of fun which, if you look beyond the surface, is a veritable goldmine - capable of swallowing up hundreds if not thousands of hours of playtime. There are literally thousands of different deck variants you can deploy. And each one feels unique. A superb game well worth your time mixing the best that rogue likes, deck building and replayability has to offer. Expand
  36. Jan 26, 2019
    This is the most fun I've had in years. What a well-designed single player card game!
  37. Jan 27, 2019
    Normally hate turn-based and all card games in general. However, I loved how this game starts simple as you build your deck. Keeps it from getting overwhelming, where similar games fail. Sometimes game brutally unfair though where it's not possible to win.
  38. Feb 21, 2019
    A fantastic Deckbuilding game, the best one there is for PC this far, in fact
  39. Feb 12, 2019
    It's a very good roguelite card game. Plenty to unlock and nothing ever feels the same.

My only issue is it supports controllers but it is super awkward playing with one.
  40. Feb 27, 2019
    Very addictive game. If you like deciding about your choices and carefully planning this game is for you.
  41. May 1, 2019
    This game is better than i thought. A fantastic Deckbuilding game, the best one there is for PC this far, in fact
  42. Jan 26, 2019
    the games still going strong for me after 86hrs. this is an amazingly innovative deck builder game thats pretty much the godfather of deck crawlers. super high replayability and now it supports mods which adds even more replayability to the game! pretty balanced cards and characters with varied game plays and "builds" to go for. dev has been very active with communicating with the players.the games still going strong for me after 86hrs. this is an amazingly innovative deck builder game thats pretty much the godfather of deck crawlers. super high replayability and now it supports mods which adds even more replayability to the game! pretty balanced cards and characters with varied game plays and "builds" to go for. dev has been very active with communicating with the players. this isnt a game for everyone but if you enjoy card strat games, this is a must play. if you complain about RNG, compare this is hearthstone then you can really tell which is RNGer. look at some of the top players play on youtube, they have high win rate at the highest difficulty becasue they strategize and think about ways to minimize the risks. this game requires a high level of game knowledge and experience to play at the top level. after 86hrs i can only get one of my characters to ascension 11 but i have always enjoyed playing. i know when i lose its because i screwed up earlier. Expand
  43. Jan 30, 2019
    The rogue-like elements destroy the deck building elements
    I guess it's an ok game but the whole genre of deckbuilding games need a revolution. It's not it.
    And the old and mighty RNG just kills the fun for me.
  44. Feb 25, 2019
    Luck and RNG game. Be lucky and the game beats itself. Try strategy and get punish for it.
  45. Aug 10, 2019
    Its all fake! Everything in this game is predetermined! I can prove it to you. At the start of a battle remember your cards. Force quit the game and reload it. The next draw will always be the same which could never occur if the cards were drawn randomly. So unfortunately its all fake!

I expect a card game to be random. By that I mean that cards should be drawn randomly. Not in this game, you either get cards drawn preselected by the developers or their random card drawer is extremely bad implemented. I had a deck of 50 cards and one of the cards I had five times in the deck. Next draw I get 4 of those 5 cards onto my hand! Do you know how low the odds are for that to happen?! And this did not happen only once, it happens all the time. After this the game became unplayable for me.
  46. Dec 12, 2019
    I had fun for a good few hours, figuring out the mechanics of the different playable characters, strategies for defeating different enemies, and getting the hang of card interactions. But at a certain point the sheer number of variable I had to juggle was too much, and I started making decision at random.

The merchant means you have *some* control over the randomness, but not very much. Making a deck themed after any particular mechanic feels impossible.

It's an inherent problem to the roguelike formula, I think. It's fun for a while, but not my cup of tea.
  47. Jan 2, 2021
    This roguelite deckbuilding game is so addictive it should be banned!

I absolutely loved everything about this game: from its awesome handdrawn art to its dopamine "just-one-more-turn" infested gameplay.

It also has an insane replay value!
  48. Feb 10, 2020
    The game appealed to me with what looked like deck building strategy / rogue-like elements.
    But it's so poorly implemented that you can see how shallow the game really is once you play for a couple of hours. I'm almost 100 hours in and without a doubt I can say this. This is not a game, it's a slot machine that makes you think that it's a game. You have almost no say in building your deck, your encounters or even the way you play. Still you're up against unforgiving enemies, set-back and awful balance issues. So much so, your luck is the only true player. You either get a winning combination (cards, potions and relics) and soar through the levels or you get handed a **** hand and you got nothing to do about it. I can say without no doubt in my mind that the dev team worked hard on this but stopped halfway and put up a RNG system to cover the other half.
    Can't recommend this to anyone who wants to really sink their time and effort into a strategic deck building game. It's just not worth it.
  49. Feb 4, 2021
    Отличный рогалик со множеством персонажей, открывающих доступ к разным механикам.
  50. Apr 29, 2020
    Great game. 10/10. It is addicting to try to get the right combination of cards and draws with each character/climb. Even after defeating the boss with all 4 characters there is the daily climb with special modifications. I can't wait for a sequel.
  51. Jul 27, 2020
    Easily one of the greatest games to have come out in the last decade. The deepest game I have ever played in terms of mechanics for a card rogue-lite. Period. Such an amazing game and one that really has defined the genre, a genre that by the way has not produced a game as good as this yet. Monster Train is close but still can't touch Slay the Spire.

I have over 600 hours into this

I have over 600 hours into this game and I'm still learning something new every day. I can't say that about any other game I've ever played in my life.

If you are a fan of card games at all you are doing yourself a huge disservice by not playing this one. Sure you'll be frustrated at times, but you'll come crawling back and you'll be rewarded for it. This game does not hold your hand, it is reminiscent of you know, actual games instead of this streamlined bullcrap that passes of as "games" these days (in reality they are just interactive movies).
  52. Jun 17, 2020
    I must be missing something. I get that this is an independent game, and isn't going to have AAA polish. But after you play an attack card, the character just kind of leans towards the enemy and the game says they attacked. If the animation is going to be that lazy, why even bother with the character animations? I didn't play long enough to get much of the tactical flavor, but the firstI must be missing something. I get that this is an independent game, and isn't going to have AAA polish. But after you play an attack card, the character just kind of leans towards the enemy and the game says they attacked. If the animation is going to be that lazy, why even bother with the character animations? I didn't play long enough to get much of the tactical flavor, but the first few levels inspired little desire to continue. I was really looking for a game to replace Hearthstone, but this ain't it. Expand
  53. srx
    May 2, 2021
    This genre of game (that this specific game pretty much invented and spearheaded into popularity) is not everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly is mine. After almost 400 hours sunk into the game (100% on 2 saves) since the alpha, I can confidently say this is one of my favorite games of all time. It's a strategy game that inspires creativity. Also, it's still better than all of it'sThis genre of game (that this specific game pretty much invented and spearheaded into popularity) is not everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly is mine. After almost 400 hours sunk into the game (100% on 2 saves) since the alpha, I can confidently say this is one of my favorite games of all time. It's a strategy game that inspires creativity. Also, it's still better than all of it's clones. I've tried so many and some of them were cool but none could top this classic. Also I beat ascension 20 heart with shivs before the accuracy buff. Yes that's a fat flex. Expand
  54. Jun 28, 2020
    Лучший кки-рогалик 19 года. За день провёл в ней больше, чем думе и прочих ААААААА проектах за последние пол года.
  55. Jun 19, 2020
    Great dungeon crawler with great amount of replayability. Just go buy it now!
  56. Apr 11, 2020
    If there's a better deck-building PC game, I'd like to play it.

STS is addictive, re-playable, and fun. I am a seasoned deck-building/card gamer, but I think it would be easy for a newcomer to get into. The classes are clever, and cater to different gaming styles. *Please add more, I'll pay you money for DLC, devs!* For fans of the genre, no-brainer, you've probably already
    If there's a better deck-building PC game, I'd like to play it.

For fans of the genre, no-brainer, you've probably already played. If you're curious, and see this on sale, or have one of the subscription service it's available on, don't hesitate to give it a try.

Also, I beat the heart (final boss) for the first time during quarantine, after playing for many months, and it felt like a fun personal accomplishment. Thanks STS.
  57. Feb 26, 2020
    Addictive fun mix of rogue and deck building. But it's also a simple game and it gets boring after a few playthroughs
  58. Jul 24, 2020
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  59. Jul 16, 2020
    one of my favorite card games in recent memory, and super well integrated with rogue-like gameplay. insane amount of replay value, and even though luck is obviously a factor, it really does feel like skill is way more important in this game.
  60. Sep 15, 2021
    I didn’t expect to like this game since it’s a roguelike and a deck-builder, seemed these two don’t fit together but I was completely wrong. This game is fantastic, it’s challenging and addictive. It’s the kind of game that makes you want to keep playing even when you die and lose everything.
  61. Apr 27, 2020
    Amazing game on a casual play rate.
    Gets very hard and **** if the RNG decides that you will fight against the one boss that counters your deck.
    Oddly enough, your options get lower and lower the further you get. All the characters feel very different and all have wildly different playstyles. Quickly devolves in a resetfest if you want to tryhard a win. Is very much a roguelike but
    Amazing game on a casual play rate.
    Oddly enough, your options get lower and lower the further you get.
    Quickly devolves in a resetfest if you want to tryhard a win.
    Is very much a roguelike but requires much less investment than most others to actually perform well.
    Caw caw.
  62. Jan 25, 2020
    Sts is a very well-designed roguelike deckbuilding game. it's extremely addictive, once you started playing you cant quit.
  63. Aug 29, 2021
    Slay the Spire is a turn-based strategy game that is very satisfying thanks to the gradual improvements made to the player's deck in each attempt. The developers have done a great job of balancing all aspects of the game mechanics. I think the difficulty level is perfect. It's challenging, but it's also very reasonable and accessible to new players.
  64. Feb 23, 2019
    Меня друг ебнул когда узнал что я в нее не играл,потом позвал моего батю и он тоже меня ебнул,после подтянулись его коллеги с работы и тоже отпидорасили.
    Какой вывод?
    Покупайте игру
  65. Jun 18, 2020
    Great balanced game with deep mechanics! As a matter of fact, 4 games in 1.
  66. Jun 1, 2020
    Slay The Spire circumvents many failings of other rogue-lite games but implementing clever mechanics to encourage the player always stick with a run and try make things work, even if they're not played the 'best hand' so to speak. The combat is intense, the turns play out quickly, the UI is perfectly laid out, the enemies vary greatly and all offer unique challenges, and the combat neverSlay The Spire circumvents many failings of other rogue-lite games but implementing clever mechanics to encourage the player always stick with a run and try make things work, even if they're not played the 'best hand' so to speak. The combat is intense, the turns play out quickly, the UI is perfectly laid out, the enemies vary greatly and all offer unique challenges, and the combat never gets old as you're always getting extremely different hands each time you play.

There are four characters to play as all with unique cards to find and use, and the map layout and the events that occur are always different - spicing things up each time you play. The game is tough to finish, so you'll be playing for at while before you figure out the ins and outs and start getting wins more consistently. And if you find the game is too easy there's heaps of optional difficulty settings and daily challenges to complete as well.

The art style and music is beautiful, and surprisingly makes the whole game feel strangely relaxing and enchanting despite the high intensity that the perm-death game play creates. Some of the animations are a little dull though, and sometimes just consist of the characters bopping back and forth or shaking a little bit.

People complain about the RNG, but that game gives you heaps of tools to overcome the challenges present, and if they did their research they would find out that the "RNG" is actually biased towards helping the player anyways. Slay The Spire might seem simple at first glance, but its by far one of the most enthralling RPG/Rogue-lite experiences I've had in a long time, and I couldn't recommend it more.
  67. Feb 11, 2020
    Nice artstyle with fluid gameplay. Easy to understand with high skill cap. I realy like starting fresh games with good progresion and going for ascention at lower levels. but once you get in ascention furthergame game starts to get hard and challenging. I esecially dislike not seeing rare and uncommon cards as often which makes it super repetitive.
  68. Dec 23, 2019
    Literally infinite replayability. I have 300+ hours and no plans to stop. Every time is so different.
  69. Feb 3, 2020
    The game itself provides entertainment at a level sufficient for satisfaction. BUT it is quickly bored. I completely ignore graphics here, because in this genre it does not matter. However, after a few hours of playing, you can see considerable repetition. I was struck by the schematic and the lack of real experimentation. We currently have four characters, each closed in their own style.The game itself provides entertainment at a level sufficient for satisfaction. BUT it is quickly bored. I completely ignore graphics here, because in this genre it does not matter. However, after a few hours of playing, you can see considerable repetition. I was struck by the schematic and the lack of real experimentation. We currently have four characters, each closed in their own style. Although the gameplay itself is demanding, it does not encourage continuous new approaches. Especially since the game offers very little unlockable content. Expand
  70. Jan 29, 2020
    Great Game, its just fun. Only complain is that I expected more to happen after I defeated the game with all 3 characters. But the journey its intense, frustrating, exiting and just FUN!
  71. Jan 18, 2020
    Slay the Spire is a masterpiece.

Slay the Spire is a masterpiece.

The best games possess two qualities: accessibility and depth. The first allows a broad audience to appreciate the art form of the game in a quick pass- a few hours to find the style of the game and whether or not it's for you. The second allows those who get hooked to sink their teeth into a rich world, a rewarding mechanics system, or a daunting challenge.

Slay the Spire pulls you in with its echoes of classic fantasy archetypes (Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Monk) and spins a Lovecraftian gauntlet of corrupted Spire-folk, slimes, and arcane robots to test your mettle. It keeps testing it as far as you are willing to go- a "boiling frog" Ascension difficulty system lets you choose how harsh the Spire makes your journey.

With a soundtrack somewhat reminiscent of John Willaims and a simple-but-honest art style, StS feels just as compelling 600 hours in as it as it did the first time I shouted "Caw-CAWWW!" back at a bird cultist.
  72. Feb 1, 2020
    A marvel of game design. Probably the best deck builder there is and an amazing roguelike
  73. May 23, 2020
    its great with good potential but its lacking some changes in every run it becomes pretty repetitive. Like even too much for rogue like.
  74. Feb 2, 2020
    Amazing game with what feels like infinite replay value. Also surprisingly fun as a local co-op game!
  75. Feb 12, 2020
    Very innovative game that does an amazing job at combining the Card Game category with Rouge Likes. Certainly an impressive job and one of the best 2019 releases on steam.
  76. Jul 1, 2021
    Nice game. Nice combination of roguelike and card game. Never played something similar. Its fun as hell. It took me like 90h to slay the spire so... Just 8 out of 10
  77. fkf
    Jun 21, 2020
    I don't think their is a more perfect game just by looking at it's idea and execution. I play this game as a modern Solitaire. It gives you that feeling "just one more".
  78. Jun 21, 2020
    Fun, challenging, and rather addictive. Someone rushing through the game can have just as much fun as the person treating it like chess, taking a few solid minutes before every move. Knowing the mechanics makes the game easier, but is by no means a cheat code to winning. Luck is most certainly a rather necessary aspect to this game, but it's very unlikely that you'll keep losing because ofFun, challenging, and rather addictive. Someone rushing through the game can have just as much fun as the person treating it like chess, taking a few solid minutes before every move. Knowing the mechanics makes the game easier, but is by no means a cheat code to winning. Luck is most certainly a rather necessary aspect to this game, but it's very unlikely that you'll keep losing because of it. Risk is rewarded just as much as being cautious is.

Balanced gameplay, decent sound design, and one of the only card-based strategy games that I've actually enjoyed playing. Plus, you can buy this game on the Switch or an iOS device if you wish to play it on the go. This is definitely a game that can be enjoyed whether on or off a PC. Modding support also livens this game up plenty, but I've had my fair share of fun without modding the game whatsoever; so, to make it clear, modding is not necessary to enjoy the game, just another way of doing so.

Worth a play for those who enjoy rogue-likes, card-based strategy games, or both. Hell, maybe even neither!
  79. Jun 22, 2020
    This game is really enjoyable. If you love rogue-like, the chance are you'll love this game.
  80. Sep 18, 2020
    Semplicemente perfetto! Il miglior gioco di carte single player sulla piazza. Non è unico nel suo genere, anzi, ma c'è qualcosa di speciale che lo rende unico e inimitabile. Difetti? Beh ce ne sono, ma questi fanno solo la differenza tra il 9 e il voto massimo. Tra i difetti troviamo una scarsa lore, una colonna sonora un po' sottotono e delle animazioni pressochè inesistenti.

Se vi

Se vi piacciono i giochi di carte non potete farvelo sfuggire
  81. May 26, 2021
    Bit slow and repetitive, too much of RNG and not enough diversity of runs. My first two runs took 3 and 4 hours each, which is tooo long.
  82. Oct 18, 2020
    The best rogue-like card game that i have ever played. Awesome design and card balance.
  83. Oct 18, 2020
    神奇的作品,玩了根本停不下来。这是我见过最好的DBG游戏了。
  84. Dec 7, 2020
    Currently my most played game on Steam. Highly addictive and very challenging, I recommend this game to anyone that is looking to enjoy this game casually. But this game is easy to get into but don't expect to be a pro. I accomplished a lot in this game and still lose ALOT. Overall consensus this game Is Amazing.
  85. Dec 28, 2020
    When i first heard "rogue like" and "cards", i was like: whaaaat...? But then, when i played it i foud out it is a really cool combination and it's so funny to play it. The only problem i have with this game, it's that i'm just unable to get further the third level. But i guess that's just because i'm so bad at cards xD.
  86. Dec 31, 2020
    It's very very addictive game. But when you beat the game with every character it gets a bit repetitive and pointless. Ascension isn't enough. It lacks endgame and a bit more content.
  87. Oct 2, 2021
    Slay the spire was a game I only got because I am a very big fan of rouge likes. But I never thought a card game rouge like would have pulled me in this deep.

Story: This game does have some story in it, but its not really told through out the game, I am many hours into it yet and all I know is that you have to slay the spire. Yet this lack of story is fine because people are not coming to this game for a story

Gameplay: At first glance all the mechanics of this game might seem over whelming, with all the numbers, relics, and effects. But just after your first run through of the game and just experimenting, you already got a pretty good handle on how the game works. The only thing I wish I knew starting this game is to just experiment with different cards, not only is it the best way to get accustomed to every build, but its also very fun to try out new things and they end up working out.
    How it works: You get 4 characters, each with their own unquie cards, relics, and health. There are three floors to beat, a boss at the end of every floor. You are given a map with every floor you enter, allowing you to choose a path you want to take to get to the boss. All the paths are randomized every run. Exploring the floors you can either run into enemies (beating the enemies can grant you a new card, gold, and sometimes a potion), a mini boss (same thing, but will always give you a relic), and a question mark (These areas are a random special kind of event, sort of like a advanage/disadvatange, and some of them can be mini games. One example being an event where you can sacrifice a certain amount of health for a powerful card, my favorite though is the event where you can bet on two dudes jousting, the dude with a lower chance of winning has a higher gold reward, making it a risk and reward kind of thing.)

Cards and relics: The biggest part of slay the spire is the cards and relics. At the start of every enemy/boss encounter, the game starts and you are given your starting hand. Some cards are attack cards, and others are more skill based like defense. As the run progresses so does your deck. At the start you will have basic attack and defend cards, and at the end, you will have a fully fleshed out build. Relics are passive effects that give you certain effects, (Ex. Royal pillow allows more health restoration when resting). Another great part of the game is synergies, some cards can mix great with other cards, and some might mix well with some relics, its really up to you on how you want to approach a situation,because there are just so many options.

Art style: Art style is very nice to look at with, every card and monster designs are unique.

I understand that this game may not be for everyone and the description I gave of the gameplay may have been a bit jarring, but just give the game a try. If you dont like it after one or two run throughs,just drop it, its only like 20$ ( I could be wrong on the pricing but it was cheap). It is very easy to pick up and play, it can be complicated if you want it to be.
    Slay the Spire is a great rouge like because of how fun it is to master, one of the more unique rouge likes out there.
  88. Jun 20, 2021
    Best game ever created. Playing all time in my life. Must buy. Dont read this, go do it
  89. Sep 30, 2021
    I dropped at least 200 hours into this, to level 20 all the characters. The challenge factor is super high and all the mix-and-match options with the cards and relics make each run unique. Plus, the community around it (Jorbs etc.) is super rich. This is the closest I've felt to the feel of Magic the Gathering in a single-player game.
  90. Aug 8, 2021
    Genre defining, a perfect game. I have happily poured hundreds of hours into this. Worth playing just to ask "Do I care about roguelikes/deckbuilders?"
  91. Sep 16, 2021
    Best game 2019, this kept me hooked since the first time I played it. must stop playing this to play other games but can't.
  92. Sep 18, 2021
    No había probado un juego de cartas de este nivel desde los tiempos inmemoriales del Forbidden Memories de PS1. La temática Roguelike está implementada a la perfección.
    El diseño de personajes está muy bien realizado, cada uno con su estilo de combate y estrategia únicos.
    En cuanto a su dificultad me parece la correcta tanto para novatos del género de cartas como para los más experimentados en este mundillo.
    En fin, un verdadero cole horas este juegazo de 10.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Dec 11, 2019
    Slay the Spire proves that tactical games can glue the player to the chair for long hours without depriving them of mental comfort. At this moment Mega Crit’s debut doesn’t seem to have any competition – neither in the card game genre, nor in the roguelike. [03/2019, p.68]
  2. Apr 16, 2019
    Deck-building RPG + Roguelike, Slay the Spire is one of the most surprising, deep and engaging game you'll see this year. An absolute must play.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Feb 28, 2019
    Sweetest of all, the satisfying thrum of a finely tuned engine. [Issue#330, p.116]