tbd

No user score yet- Be the first to review!

There are no user reviews yet - Be first to review Tears of Avia.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 18, 2021
    There’s a lot of depth to the combat and managing your party in Tears of Avia, whilst still remaining user friendly. However, while the effort put into the game's design can't be denied, it has a large amount of problems and rough edges. If you can get past the initial lacklustre visuals and pacing issues, Tears of Avia is a solid turn-based strategy world to explore.
  2. Oct 21, 2020
    At the end of the day I just can’t really recommend Tears of Avia to anyone else. Not being terrible is not the same as actually being good, and while I understand that this was made with love, it is ultimately a love that has little to nothing to add to the genre aside from being more of it.
    There's such a lack of polish and precision to Tears of Avia that it's difficult to blindly recommend. As a fan of the tactics JRPG genre, I did enjoy this, but it would be disingenuous of me to suggest that there weren't many other games out there with a similar ambition that are executed far better. I do think the team has a strong vision and I would very much anticipate a Tears of Avia 2 on the promise that they would have built on what the learned from the first game. With that being said, I do think this first outing is beyond a turnaround from patches - its thematic issues are too extended and in some areas the team need to return all the way back to the drawing board.