8.5

1. Mar 8, 2021
    Amazing turned-based strategy game! Very fun gameplay and good amount of content with all the tribes that all have their own unique stuff! Overhaul, very nice game (maybe a bit too expensive) and I have a lot of fun playing it :)
  2. Nov 27, 2020
    I really love this one. Highly recommend it if you're a fan of turn-based strategy. A friend of mine recommended it to me as "Civilization without all the **** and I absolutely agree. Super streamlined turn-based strategy. A game can end in less than 10 turns. But that's hard to do and games generally go to turn 30-50. It has a level of complexity that makes each playthrough unique in theI really love this one. Highly recommend it if you're a fan of turn-based strategy. A friend of mine recommended it to me as "Civilization without all the **** and I absolutely agree. Super streamlined turn-based strategy. A game can end in less than 10 turns. But that's hard to do and games generally go to turn 30-50. It has a level of complexity that makes each playthrough unique in the same way that each game of chess is unique. But also like chess, simple enough rules that you can jump in quickly. But takes some logic to figure out how to master. I feel like there's some amount of luck happening that I don't really like. I think the balancing between tribes is surprisingly good. But the starting location will make or break your playthrough, and there's a huge bit of luck going on there that I wish could be leveled out a bit bettter. That said, I love it and have already put a couple hundred hours into the game both on my computer and on my phone. Highly recommend it if you're a fan of turn-based strategy. Expand
  3. May 8, 2021
    Basically Civilization but simplified... like a lot, but it works well as a game and is fun to play while listening to music.
  4. Feb 4, 2022
    Simple strategy game that got my heart a few years ago. It's still fun to play.
  5. Aug 31, 2020
    Polytopia is an addictive strategy turn based game. the Reasons that ı love this game is have very basic mechanics and cute poly graphics.
    İf you love thi genre you need to try this game
  6. Apr 6, 2022
    I am enjoying every second of it, greatest Strategy game i ever played would recommend to all ages

Mixed or average reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 16, 2021
    The simple gameplay of Battle of Polytopia is actually a pretty fun breakdown of the genre - the problem is ultimately its simplicity is its undoing. Despite what it says or looks like, every starting race is nearly the exact same, which is a huge missed opportunity to diversify them. Battles late-game are very dry. For some casual players it is a fun romp, but anyone looking for depth or longevity won't find it here.
  2. Mar 9, 2021
    It’s hard to come up with many serious complaints about Polytopia. Would more game modes be nice? Would I like a few more units? Would I have appreciated more diversity between civilizations? Well...maybe. Part of the game’s charm is its simplicity. The game doesn’t pretend to be something more complicated than it is, and adding much more would start to push the game too far in the awkward space between casual and hardcore. Polytopia probably isn’t going to be your next Civilization or Stellaris, but if you’re looking for something a bit more laid back, there’s a lot here to enjoy.
  3. Mar 5, 2021
    With its randomized maps, a variety of civilizations to choose from, and multiplayer as an accessible option, The Battle of Polytopia is surprisingly replayable. On top of that, being available for mobile devices, you can play it anywhere you go. Truly, The Battle of Polytopia is the pocket-sized 4X that I never knew I needed until I played it.