8.2

1. Sep 25, 2018
    What the awesome first game wanted to be, but never quite reached. Similar to the first game but upgraded a bit all around, it's touching and fun, and requires real and creative tactics, I can't recommend it enough.
  2. Sep 25, 2018
    Fantastic game enjoying it almost as much as the first. Great group of characters we need more games like this.
  3. Nov 12, 2018
    The evolution of the Valkyria Chronicles games. It nails the old play style but has new mechanics (squads, grenadiers, new vehicles). There are also terrain effects as well (snow, fire, landslides) and new enemy unit types. Fights can be a tad too long IMHO but this game is the best in the series thus far.
  4. Dec 1, 2018
    I simply love this game and the Valkyria Chronicles series as a whole. My favorite game!
  5. Mar 17, 2019
    This an an excellent game with a very interesting story and a unique gameplay. it only had 2 downfalls for me. 1st the story sometimes dragged a bit too long at some chapters and the fact that I had to constantly click to make the cutscenes progress didn't help either. 2nd is that this game suffers from some extremely annoying level designs and gauntlet boss fights (there is a boss thatThis an an excellent game with a very interesting story and a unique gameplay. it only had 2 downfalls for me. 1st the story sometimes dragged a bit too long at some chapters and the fact that I had to constantly click to make the cutscenes progress didn't help either. 2nd is that this game suffers from some extremely annoying level designs and gauntlet boss fights (there is a boss that comes up at 5 or 6 different levels! and he isn't the only boss that does stuff like that). Expand
  6. Jan 25, 2019
    Ce jeu tactique de Sega excelle et reste digne d'être apprécié après le mastodonte X-Com2. Bien que très proche du premier volet, désormais *classique* (voir le très bon accueil du portage HD sur PC), il propose tout de même suffisamment de nouveaux ajouts (distillés le long de la campagne) pour relancer l'intérêt des amateurs de guerre kawai.

Le design manga du jeu est absolument

Le design manga du jeu est absolument réjouissant cependant la partie "visual novel" est trop envahissante (certaines scénettes font un peu remplissage).

Comme au bon vieux temps des moulins, le jeu incite les joueurs à rusher l'objectif (plus de gains d'XP). Cela dit il y a de nombreuses missions, plutôt variées et certaines demandent de la jugeote.

Le plus important reste la mise en scène intense des batailles qui captive le joueur au cours de cette histoire édifiante (ah les vertues de la camaraderie...) pas désagréable à suivre.
  7. Feb 14, 2019
    Сравниваю с первой частью:
    1. Сюжет скучный
    2. Миссии однообразные, вызова вообще нет
    3. Герои скучные.
    В целом на фоне успеха первой части эта выглядит жалко.
  8. Nov 12, 2018
    If I have a twin, I will tell him to cover my tasks so I can sit down and stick with bullet force on freegames66 the entire day.
  9. Feb 10, 2019
    Very similar to Valkyria Chronicles 1. Nice mixture of strategic game play and custscenes, which are static backgrounds with basic facial animations, but that works very well.

Story is a bit less engaging and in my opinion not totally consequentally logical, but it's ok and has it's moments. Nice additions are the squad stories, which can be real fun. The game play has some minor

The game play has some minor additions, but it's still basically the same ... strategically moving the best character and clearing out enemies in a certain time frame, with bonuses for good performance. This does not get old.

Sadly modding is extremly hard to do, so it's not worth the effort to remove the annoying canvas effect. Otherwise it's graphically simple but that's ok.

Getting all items and characters can be a bit grindy, but that is optional.
  10. Nov 17, 2019
    Very fun game that's for the most part improved with much more mechanics. Gameplay like the first one and good enough story to hold up. Characters I really liked though the story could've been better. Hoping to see more from this franchise and stick to this gameplay style.

It also runs smoothly on lower end machines too hitting 60FPS+ easily even on high settings. On mine alone it easily stays over 120FPS+ and at max settings.
  11. Jan 12, 2019
    A perfect blend of Micro RTS strategy with Anime style RPG. This game has expanded immensely from the first game, with a new class, larger story line, more skirmishes, and "squad stories" which bring life and personality to every member of your squad. I am just blown away at the level of quality and love they have put into this game. They made me feel for every single character in the story.
  12. Jul 8, 2020
    A great game but ruined by the inability to remove the borders and canvas effect. I don't care about the developers artistic views, give the option to turn off that stupid effect.
  13. Apr 8, 2020
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 es una excelente continuación de la saga, incorpora todos los elementos que hicieron popular al primer juego.

- Gráficamente está en la línea con el primer juego. El estilo aníme tan caracteristico de la saga sigue presente en este juego, aunque hay que decir que la calidad de la animación sigue siendo la misma, la cantidad de animaciones y cinemáticas es algo menor que en el juego original.

- En cuanto al sonido, el juego incorpora gran parte de la banda sonora del juego original, con piezas de gran calidad y nostalgia y además incorpora un repertorio musical nuevo, dando un conjunto de gran calidad.

- La historia en principio parece algo más trabajada que la del primer juego, aunque al final la historia del primer juego acaba funcionando mejor. Se ha profundizdo mucho más en las historias de los personajes secundarios, creando tramas secundarias entre más miembros del escuadrón.

- La jugabilidad es identica a la del primer juego, manteniendo el sistema de juego Blitz.
    Se incorporan novedades como el uso de morteros y asistencia naval. Las físicas de los tanques se han modificado para hacer las unidades más manejables, pero al mismo tiempo se sienten menos realistas.

Seguramente el primer juego siga estando un peldaño por encima de este, debido a que en mi opinión su história y sus personajes funcionan mejor, pero es solo un peldaño muy pequeñito.
    Este juego es sólido y de gran calidad, si te gustó el primero, te gustará este.
  14. Aug 6, 2020
    What is there to say, of all the games i have played this is among if not the best game i have ever played
  15. Jul 23, 2021
    La jugabilidad está bien pero es lo único, la historia es una basura muy predecible y poco satisfactoria.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward – yes, it’s a platitude, but that’s exactly what happened with Valkyria Chronicles 4. Forget about Valkyria Revolution. The latest entry in the series goes back to the roots and reminds us why the first Valkyria Chronicles stole our hearts a decade ago. The developers restrained themselves from making unwelcome changes and if they decided to alter something, they did it wisely. [12/2018, p.80]
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Nov 21, 2018
    The game puts as much emphasis on narration as it does on turn-based combat, but if you’ve ever played a JRPG or two, Valkyria’s story won’t surprise you – you already know by heart these character types and plot twists. Same goes for combat – it’s so similar to the first game, it’s embarrassing. [Issue #233, p.60]
  3. Oct 18, 2018
    With few major changes from the core formula, fans of the series will feel right at home with Valkyria Chronicles 4. The game changes enough for the better and offers some degree of fresh air to the experience even after four entries. Any flaws that were present in previous titles still exist to some extent, holding it back from true greatness, but the general formula is more than solid enough and stays fresh despite the '4' in the title.