6.2

1. Apr 20, 2019
    Forgettable characters, boring dialogue, feels too janky, etc.
    Forgettable characters, boring dialogue, feels too janky, etc.
    It's ok for what it is with the perks and gameplay but honestly it just lacks the feel and over all replay-ability that L4D has. I just played through every stage and it's the same boring dialogue with slightly differences mainly just being my team and perks. L4D is barebones yes but the way how they designed it makes me want to go back every single time to hear the characters, soundtrack, play the stage with random different spawns, test new stage mods, etc. Also the versus is pretty bad.
    It needs mods, new free stages, better overall character interactivity and more.
    Also it's an Epic Games Exclusive.

6 out of 10. It definitely can be better.
  2. Apr 19, 2019
    World War Z is a third-person horde survival shooter with a considerable progression system, praiseworthy character designs and a satisfying stack of zombies, gore and apocalyptic ambiance in modern graphical fashion. Sadly, it fails short of making a decent teammate AI, level design, and gun play.
  3. May 7, 2019
    Game is a L4D clone, not bad, has the possibilty to play with bots.
    But... this is a 2019 game and does not support 21:9 displays ? Are we in middle ages?
    I do not recommend it for PCMR.
  4. Apr 19, 2019
    Few players are online, maybe it's all because of the exclusivity in the store from Epik.
    What is really new and interesting in this game, I personally do not watch. Graphics, gameplay, all that is in the game, we have already seen in other projects, which are mass in Steam, with less money.
    It will be in Steam, maybe then I will play it with friends, but now I will not spend any time or money on it.
  5. May 7, 2019
    World War Z introduce a la fórmula zombies mejorados así como el efecto de horda que realmente significa un paso más en el género. A pesar de eso, se queda atrás con los niveles lineales y scripteados, que lo hacen perder rejugabilidad. Por el contrario, el sistema de personalización así como la variedad de personajes hacen que valga la pena darle una oportunidad. Eso sí, siempre hablandoWorld War Z introduce a la fórmula zombies mejorados así como el efecto de horda que realmente significa un paso más en el género. A pesar de eso, se queda atrás con los niveles lineales y scripteados, que lo hacen perder rejugabilidad. Por el contrario, el sistema de personalización así como la variedad de personajes hacen que valga la pena darle una oportunidad. Eso sí, siempre hablando de jugar en cooperativo con amigos. Expand
  6. May 20, 2019
    I am starting to see why reviewers were pretty mixed with the title. I mean its fun to play and it looks good but Left for Dead 1/2 still do this infinitely better. Each episode in this game is so short and there are only 3 missions between each location (New York, Moscow, Jerusalem and Tokyo).

Also the lack of enemy variety is a big problem. Valve's games have a good mix of challenging enemy types where as this game just mostly relies on hordes to show off its horde capability but even that is a bit of a misnomer (and merely window dressing), because there never are as many zombies on the screen as you initially see running at your group.

Sure there is the "hulk" zombie (extra strong), the "screamer" zombie (who calls others) and the "gas" zombie (who emits hazardous gasses when killed around the group) but they don't seem to be a nearly as fine tuned or menacing as in Valve's games.

Considering what could have been done, it is a bit of a disappointment.
  7. Apr 24, 2019
    The unique zombie stacking mechanic is great. However, instead of pushing the genre forward with a fresh take on cooperation, the game copies Left 4 Dead almost exactly. Even the special zombie types were replicated, except that they come off as cheap imitations. The character progression looks to be a copy of Killing Floor 2's progression system, except with less depth. Overall, I'mThe unique zombie stacking mechanic is great. However, instead of pushing the genre forward with a fresh take on cooperation, the game copies Left 4 Dead almost exactly. Even the special zombie types were replicated, except that they come off as cheap imitations. The character progression looks to be a copy of Killing Floor 2's progression system, except with less depth. Overall, I'm disappointed that this game imitates other zombie games instead of blazing its own trail. Expand
  8. Apr 24, 2019
    So many controll issues. Its different controlls depending on which meny. skip by ESC or Enter and I have to klick skip89 times in a row after a mission. thats not skipping. Cant switch from single fire to fullauto/burst. To restricted movement. Unclear how the lvlevling system works, which skill am I using. Ammo bags disapear without getting loot. Weapons dont reload...
  9. Apr 28, 2019
    Loved the co-op campaign. Really satisfied my zombie killing needs haha. Definitely suggest buying it. Great game for a good price if you like that kind of style. (It almost reminded me of left 4 dead).

I'm gonna give it a 7/10 because I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer option.
  10. May 11, 2019
    The game itself looks and plays very well, I enjoy the way they made the hordes really feel like hordes and like a threat to the player. The selection of weapons and classes increased it's replay-ability and it actually rewards you for finishing a campain.

However, I have one massive problem with this game: Why in the world is there no option to create private lobbies?! Isn't that

However, I have one massive problem with this game:

Why in the world is there no option to create private lobbies?! Isn't that the most common feature a coop-based shooter should have from the very beginning? I mean, sure, Sabertooth said that they're gonna add the option to create a private lobby but that shouldn't be something you have to add!!
    Trying to start a game with less than 3 other friends is a chore because you will mostly get matched with someone who's already in a mission and you are either forced to join into that mission or you have to leave and try it with another campain.
    It is so frustrating that it often makes me ragequit before I even got to play the game.

It's so frustrating that this is my only reason I give this game only a 6/10 because private lobbies or at least the option to turn off "Join already ongoing missions" or something.

1. Jun 20, 2019
    All in all, World War Z is a pretty fun experience. It’s one that definitely surprised me, as the developers in my opinion didn’t put their best foot forward with the trailers. It still may not appeal to people who weren’t fans of the movie, but if you’re a fan of zombie games, especially co-op experiences like Left 4 Dead, it’s a solid experience at a relatively cheap price for the amount of gameplay and replay value you’re getting. Just make sure you’re playing with friends, as playing with randoms is often as bad as playing with the single player AI.
  2. Jun 19, 2019
    World War Z is very competently made and has very few flaws, but it's just nothing we haven't seen plenty of times before.
  3. Edge Magazine
    May 23, 2019
    With better class implementation, carrying through into PvP, it might have been able to assert its own identity. [Issue#333, p.116]