• Publisher: Atari
8.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 14, 2013
    It does have a well written story and well written character, but overall I just felt this game was more like an interactive movie than an actual game. Graphics, script and atmosphere are all excellent, but the gameplay itself just isn't there. Overall: A good "game" that lacks real gameplay to make it what it could be.
  2. PaulO.
    Mar 17, 2006
    A good game that would have been great were it not for the mostly inane puzzles (Though there are certainly a couple of good ones) and rather poor gameplay. It really would have been better off as a movie. The "Simon Says" way you control the action does make sure you're paying attention, but it would feel so much better if I were controlling the character, rather than just pusing A good game that would have been great were it not for the mostly inane puzzles (Though there are certainly a couple of good ones) and rather poor gameplay. It really would have been better off as a movie. The "Simon Says" way you control the action does make sure you're paying attention, but it would feel so much better if I were controlling the character, rather than just pusing buttons to see a pre-determined outcome. Besides the control quirks, the game's storyline, visuals, and characters are really quite good, though the story takes a nosedive in the last quarter of the game and the ending left me dissapointed. Expand
  3. Feb 3, 2015
    This game is the wet dream of an adolescent anime addict partly obsessed with fight scenes from the Matrix. The story was fished from a puddle left by a single raindrop. The dialog was as tasteless as the cheap takeout bag in which it was delivered (not that I've ever tried to eat that). The gamework was assigned by a spiteful mechanic maniacally laughing as you drudge through QTE's.This game is the wet dream of an adolescent anime addict partly obsessed with fight scenes from the Matrix. The story was fished from a puddle left by a single raindrop. The dialog was as tasteless as the cheap takeout bag in which it was delivered (not that I've ever tried to eat that). The gamework was assigned by a spiteful mechanic maniacally laughing as you drudge through QTE's. Unless, maybe the game was a melodramatic comedy??? In which case... ha.... Expand
  4. VidM.
    Dec 2, 2005
    Interesting concept, and solid game. The main problem is that this game relies very heavily on its story, which is a actually quite decent until about two-thirds of the way through. The story then inexplicably veers off course and crashes into the nearest festering pile of manure. Note to developers: creating crime scene and then investigating it via different character viewpoints -> fun. Interesting concept, and solid game. The main problem is that this game relies very heavily on its story, which is a actually quite decent until about two-thirds of the way through. The story then inexplicably veers off course and crashes into the nearest festering pile of manure. Note to developers: creating crime scene and then investigating it via different character viewpoints -> fun. Sitting through the last few hours of ludicrous, conspiracy-theory psychobabble -> anti-fun. Bonus points for innovation though. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2020
    Indigo Prophecy is really, really dumb...and I love it. David Cage has always been known for his interactive dramas, especially for Heavy Rain, but some people often forget that this little nugget of insanity exists. You really shouldn't, because this game is an absolute beast of an experience. Oh, as a game, it is not very good at all. It does a really poor job of explaining things, muchIndigo Prophecy is really, really dumb...and I love it. David Cage has always been known for his interactive dramas, especially for Heavy Rain, but some people often forget that this little nugget of insanity exists. You really shouldn't, because this game is an absolute beast of an experience. Oh, as a game, it is not very good at all. It does a really poor job of explaining things, much of its mechanics are frustrating, and the story is bonkers. However, I still highly recommend IP because of how ridiculous and stupid it all is.

The game starts with our dry as toast protagonist Lucas Kane getting possessed by an unknown figure and murders some random guy in a bathroom diner. Now Lucas needs to uncover the mystery of what happened, all the while avoiding the pursuit of detectives Carla and Tyler. The game's story starts out simple enough, but very quickly does it take a massive turn to being remarkably stupid. Granted, all of Cage's games have stupid moments, but here it is the most egregious. There's supernatural powers, conspiracies, Matrix garbage, forced romance, world ending stakes, the whole shebang. Often it will even rip-off whatever movie Cage watched that week, from the Matrix to Silence of the Lambs. It's almost comical considering how it's executed. While I will give praise to the game for being pretty impressive looking for its time, the motion capture and facial expressions make all the moments of seriousness or intense action look so damn goofy. Add to that the fact that some of the characters are some form of over-the-top stereotype (especially Tyler). I dare not spoil too much about the story as it's something you just have to experience for yourself. Needless to say, I damn near died of laughter multiple times.

Well, is the game itself worth sitting through just to get to all the juicy story bits? That depends on your tolerance for jank. If you are familiar with Cage's other "Film Games", it's pretty similar in concept here. You'll take control of multiple characters, interacting with your environment and partake in the occasional QTE that plays out like a game of Simon. It's pretty basic in theory, but the game often introduces new mechanics that are either frustrating, poorly explained, or both. One of the most prominent mechanics is your state of mind. Depending on what choices you make or what you interact with in your environment, your "depression meter" (for lack of a better word), either goes up or down. It acts like a glorified health bar. If it gets down to zero, it's a game over. The problem? The game never explains what will raise or lower that bar. Pick up a photo? Instantly depressed. Politely refuse someone wanting to swing by your place? Sadness. Yawning? Existence is meaningless. You have to know ahead of time what will raise your depression, otherwise you could be in a scenario where you will just die quickly without realizing it. Other problematic mechanics include balancing, adjusting your breathing, and the worst stealth mechanics I have ever played. Make no mistake, IP is not a good game to play. I would not blame anyone for wanting to put the game down after the first couple of hours. However, if you got a few friends over and some drinks, I promise you it will be well worth it.

Out of all the games David Cage has directed, this is easily the worst for a multitude of reasons (some of which is due to rushed production). That said, I still want people to play this game. It is so worth seeing fresh new reactions, especially those unfamiliar with Cage's work. I'm aware that some people legitimately enjoy this game, including it's story, and I'm happy that got that much out of it. For my money, though, It's one of the dumbest, most glorious games I have ever experienced.
  6. Mar 15, 2022
    La mayor fumada que ha creado David Cage, el santo grial de la roña videojueguil, el "The Room" de los videojuegos, que es tan sumamente malo que termina siendo bueno por los loles y poco más. Uno de los mejores ejemplos de comedia no intencionada. Más malo que la tiña. Un intento de Seven que termina siendo un Matrix Reloaded venido a menos, una paja mental que no hay por donde cogerla,La mayor fumada que ha creado David Cage, el santo grial de la roña videojueguil, el "The Room" de los videojuegos, que es tan sumamente malo que termina siendo bueno por los loles y poco más. Uno de los mejores ejemplos de comedia no intencionada. Más malo que la tiña. Un intento de Seven que termina siendo un Matrix Reloaded venido a menos, una paja mental que no hay por donde cogerla, un simulador del "Simon dice" pero que esta rotísimo y es cutre hasta limites insospechables. Juego mugroso con galardón donde los haya, un doblaje chusquero. Una trama pesimamente escrita, el prota tiene cero carisma y cero química con las chicas. Un juego que no deja de ser un "No se que quiero ser, pero toco todos los palos, hacemos un batiburrillo y lo mismo sale algo medianamente interesante". Merece la pena solo por las risas, pero en serio esto es infumable. El meme hecho deidad. Expand

#26 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

Generally favorable reviews - based on 47 Critic Reviews

1. Pelaaja (Finland)
    Fahrenheit heralds the renaissance in adventure games. The puzzles are logical and use common sense. The cinematic feeling, excellent voice acting, gripping action sequences and excellent audiovisual elements complement the tightly woven plot. The story and scene’s change according to the players choices and actions, which has often been talked about, but rarely implemented as well as in Fahrenheit. The game proves that adventure games are not dead, they just needed to find a way to adjust. [Sept 2005, p.52]
  2. TotalGames.net
    Well, now Fahrenheit is here in all its understated, slow-burning glory; and chances are most gamers will probably be blissfully unaware that the adventure genre has changed for the better in Quantic Dream's latest masterpiece.
  3. Unique, and only the fact that it won't be every player's idea of fun (walking, listening, talking, mashing sticks...) holds it back. But to pass up on such a powerful experience based on preconceptions of 'boring adventure games' would be a very big mistake. [PSM2]