• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. TrentN
    Oct 13, 2009
    this is the best game this gen i have just beat the games and it's amazing it was about 14 hours for me i really take my time to find all the tres i def say get this game if you have a ps3 if you dont get a ps3 and get this game.
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    Can't believe all these 360 fanboys giving this game 0 out of ten, its a perfect ten from me and the best game of this gen so far, everything about this game is first class, graphics, gameplay, story and sound, they even added a fun multiplayer, while not as addictive as call of duty, its a good first attempt.
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task beating this with the sequel but if anyone can do it its Naughty Dog 10/10
  3. Sep 3, 2010
    I rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THEI rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THE finest cut scenes, and opening sequence I think I have ever played on a game. Period. There have been serious long nights and major effort put in here to make this slick, enjoyable and play really well. The talented team at naughty dog have pulled out a lot of stops for this and it shows off the PS3 beautifully.

Playing like a far superior Tomb Raider, the quality just jumps out across the script, playability and this has seriously been play tested well and money spent. Not quiet sure about the Twitter feature inbuilt where you can tweet your progress and updates but then others who aren't so info overloaded as I am may enjoy this. The opening sequence (see it on YouTube) doesn't do it justice unless in high definition on a PS3 but should hopefully give an idea of what's in store if you buy this. Highly, highly recommended.
  4. Sep 10, 2010
    There is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of theThere is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of the character. For those that want a great game, buy this, it's worth it. Expand
  5. Sep 1, 2010
    One of the best single player campaigns I ever played. The story is awesome, pacing is great, graphics top notch. The mp is fun but needs some work.
  6. Sep 1, 2010
    the story is much more interesting then the first, the gameplay remains the same, the Enemy Ai is much more smarter, and it has online play which i rarely use
  7. Aug 18, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  8. Apr 20, 2012
    This game is very polished in almost every aspect: the graphics, the cinematic cut scenes, the voice acting, the story. The only thing it lacks is an exciting gameplay, which is why I give this game such a low score. Sure it has a combination of puzzle solving, shooting, platforming, online multiplayer but none of them are really interesting (to me at least). Overall this is a ridiculouslyThis game is very polished in almost every aspect: the graphics, the cinematic cut scenes, the voice acting, the story. The only thing it lacks is an exciting gameplay, which is why I give this game such a low score. Sure it has a combination of puzzle solving, shooting, platforming, online multiplayer but none of them are really interesting (to me at least). Overall this is a ridiculously overrated game with mediocre gameplay. Expand
  9. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is disappointing. The puzzles are easy, the platform is terrible and the shooter is meh. To me Uncharted 2 is more of a cinematic quality show-off than a game with good gameplay.
  10. GameInformer
    Oct 17, 2009
    This game blows chunks. We at Game Informer believe that you have all caught "the vapors" and also believe if you love this game so much, that you should marry it. Gamers always eat up everything that has an ounce of hype, and then cry like babies when the game sucks. You all fail at life. - GI
  11. AdrianC.
    Oct 14, 2009
    This is honestly the best game I have ever played hands down. MGS4 and Uncharted 2 are the only games where I could not put down the controller because I HAD to know what was going to happen next!
  12. TimL
    Oct 22, 2009
    The absolute best game I have played in a very long time. This game has it all ! Gameplay Graphics Story Acting/Voice acting Sound and effects Multiplayer/Co-op Trophies This game is without a doubt THE game to own a PS3 for.
  13. BrandonH
    Jan 2, 2010
    More games need to be like this. It has the story, the gameplay, the cutscenes, and the sexy ladies XD but not only do they have them, they have them perfected!
  14. IvanY
    Jan 20, 2010
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is awesome. It has great epic story, great unrivaled graphics the gameplay is fantastic. The replay value is endless and extremely fun. The multiplayer is awesome too with a bunch people always on and no lag a pure blast i love the first 1 too it was perfect. I can't wait to buy number 3. This game is definitely one of Sony's best master piece Only on UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is awesome. It has great epic story, great unrivaled graphics the gameplay is fantastic. The replay value is endless and extremely fun. The multiplayer is awesome too with a bunch people always on and no lag a pure blast i love the first 1 too it was perfect. I can't wait to buy number 3. This game is definitely one of Sony's best master piece Only on PlayStation. If you a true gamer you need to own this master piece is jaw dropping. Expand
  15. LiamM
    Jan 25, 2010
    Greatest game I ever played, was completely blown away by every aspect. I never thought there would be a game that could beat MGS4 as my favorite but Uncharted 2 stole that title. Another thing, the 'fanboys' voting a 0 are really doing my head in, is there really people that sad that they have to lower a games grade because it's not on their console of choice? Johan F Greatest game I ever played, was completely blown away by every aspect. I never thought there would be a game that could beat MGS4 as my favorite but Uncharted 2 stole that title. Another thing, the 'fanboys' voting a 0 are really doing my head in, is there really people that sad that they have to lower a games grade because it's not on their console of choice? Johan F reckons the graphics are 'average'? Gave away your fanboyism right there, well done. And Game Informer reckons people who like this game 'fail at life' ...yeah ok, sort yourself out fanboy and take a look at your life. Degrading a game because your a jealous fanboy? Pathetic and sad all rolled in to one. Expand
  16. michaelk
    Jan 8, 2010
    this is very simply the best game on the ps3, it improves on drakes fortune in every way plus the multiplayer is a fantastic bonus I really can't find enough ways to say that this is one of the greatest games ever made :)
  17. GeorgiG
    Nov 10, 2009
    The game is stunningly cinematic but at the same time very immersive. The graphics and level design are top notch. Loved the multiplayer and will definitely continue playing it.
  18. John
    Oct 13, 2009
    No more reviews, ranks, "gofty"... Just experience it. Don't be blind, don't be fanboy, just be a gamer and you won't regret it. Uncharted 2 gives you the ability to change how you look at games. Best Games Everyone.
  19. Oct 7, 2011
    One of the best I've played this generation and improvement so far, has a mystique of adventure, have the nostalgia and spirit of Indiana jones of adventures with the dexterity of lara croft.
    The story is competent and the action is full of cues and climax, few games together so many positive aspects that make us happy to play it, the online is addictive and different from others.
  20. Sep 21, 2011
    This game took amazing to the next level for me I've never been so addicted to what happens a game just to find out what happens next! I cant put into words the joy this game brought me. It took over my favorite game of all time easily which was no easy task! This is a game that you must play if you havent go get it now and do it trust me its worth every bit of time and every penny.This game took amazing to the next level for me I've never been so addicted to what happens a game just to find out what happens next! I cant put into words the joy this game brought me. It took over my favorite game of all time easily which was no easy task! This is a game that you must play if you havent go get it now and do it trust me its worth every bit of time and every penny. Masterpiece! Expand
  21. ERB
    Jan 21, 2014
    This game is great.Naughty Dog proved that they are one of the best game companies in the world with this game Uncharted 2.Uncharted 2 has beautiful graphics,awesome world,and fun gameplay.This is a must buy game for you people.
  22. SAV
    Jun 29, 2015
    Dopo un ottimo primo capitolo la Naughty Dog ha realizzato un seguito che può definirsi con una parola sola: CAPOLAVORO. Uncharted 2: Il Covo dei Ladri é un gioco meraviglioso, graficamente lodevole e capace di divertire come non mai grazie ad un gameplay riuscitissimo fatto di sequenze action degne delle migliori pellicole hollywoodiane. Strepitoso anche nelle musiche e nella recitazioneDopo un ottimo primo capitolo la Naughty Dog ha realizzato un seguito che può definirsi con una parola sola: CAPOLAVORO. Uncharted 2: Il Covo dei Ladri é un gioco meraviglioso, graficamente lodevole e capace di divertire come non mai grazie ad un gameplay riuscitissimo fatto di sequenze action degne delle migliori pellicole hollywoodiane. Strepitoso anche nelle musiche e nella recitazione dei personaggi, Uncharted 2 coinvolge il giocatore in un'avventura immensamente avvincente della durata di una quindicina d'ore. Ben fatta anche la divertente modalità multiplayer online. Expand
  23. Feb 28, 2017
    Too many sequels fall short of prior amazing games and franchises, but Among Thieves is by far the exception. The game is a remarkably refined version of the original that is a can't miss for anyone.
  24. GeorgeK.
    Jan 30, 2010
    This game is incredible. You just can't deny it. Amazing graphics, awesome gameplay, and great voice acting. All the 360 fan boys who rate this 0 or 1 and yet have never played it are pathetic. They simply can't stand the fact that the PS3 has one of the best games of all time. I can't rate this game highly enough. Get a PS3 get this game!
  25. Jean-PhilippeG
    Oct 19, 2009
    Absolutely, positively amazing. The graphics get you in, the story grips you and the gameplay mesmerizes you until the end. Naughty Dog's experience shines like never before in this masterpiece of gaming, a perfect blend between the likes of Gears of War, Prince of Persia and their own Jak & Daxter. Excellent voice acting combines with a well-written, witty script to deliver the very Absolutely, positively amazing. The graphics get you in, the story grips you and the gameplay mesmerizes you until the end. Naughty Dog's experience shines like never before in this masterpiece of gaming, a perfect blend between the likes of Gears of War, Prince of Persia and their own Jak & Daxter. Excellent voice acting combines with a well-written, witty script to deliver the very Indiana Jones-esque story which, while rather standard-issue, fits the characters and the overall experience perfectly. The gameplay sequences blend marvellously well with the cutscenes, helping to create an engrossing experience. One of the few games that managed to keep me up at 3AM in the morning, still wishing to continue playing! Expand
  26. OscarS
    Oct 13, 2009
    This game is absolutely mind blowing from beginning to end. I know many sites said this game is unoriginal, BUT THAT'S THE POINT!!! Naughty Dog polished every aspect of the game so much, that it's on a higher level. Best single player experience i've ever had.
  27. DanualS
    Oct 13, 2009
    Despite some rather frustrating moments with the stealth this game shows once again the quality of work Naughty Dog produces and delivers an experience like no other.
  28. BenP
    Oct 18, 2009
    The BEST game i have played in years and BY FAR the best single player i have ever experienced. Couldn't put it down, challenging, fun, looks incredible, great multiplayer too - Masterpiece of gaming, its one of if not my favourite game of all time and i only got it yesterday!
  29. AT
    Oct 19, 2009
    Congratulations Naughty Dogg on a masterpiece of gaming. Excellent story and presentation to go with jaw dropping visuals. And then there is a very fun and rewarding to play multiplayer component.
  30. SeanD
    Oct 19, 2009
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the top games I have ever played. It has a great balance of stealth, shootouts, parkour, and puzzles. The dialogue is amazing especially if you really pay attention you will find yourself waiting in a few places just to hear what they have to say. The environments are 10/10 they are beautiful and the way your intended to go doesnt stand out in the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the top games I have ever played. It has a great balance of stealth, shootouts, parkour, and puzzles. The dialogue is amazing especially if you really pay attention you will find yourself waiting in a few places just to hear what they have to say. The environments are 10/10 they are beautiful and the way your intended to go doesnt stand out in the environment, it blends in. Definately adds to the aesthetics. Graphics and physics altogether are great. Characters are well rendered, they move and act realistically. The story is compelling and at sometimes yes predictable but still found myself excited to see what happens next. If you own a Ps3 just go buy Uncharted 2. I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Expand
  31. DanielH
    Nov 17, 2009
    This game is simply put, Outstanding! Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the PS3's best looking game. The campaign is very cinematic, at parts i could not tell if i was controlling Drake or not. My only problem with the game is that the cover system is a bit sticky online.
  32. Jun 25, 2018
    The problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bulletThe problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bullet sponges can become magnified. Anyone that has played Naughty Dog’s zombie epic The Last of Us will immediately be stuck by the lower quality graphics as well.

Having said all that, this is still without doubt an enjoyable title. The characters are more likeable than the usual video game protagonists and the fast paced gameplay features a good mix of shooting, spectacular climbs and puzzles. The sheer spectacle of Drake’s adventure will also ensure that most players are be able to overlook the aforementioned flaws and be swept along for what is a pretty entertaining ride that clocks in at a decent 15 hours or so in length.
  33. Jul 28, 2013
    It is better then its prequel but still nothing outstanding. Some scenes really seem to be from an action movie, but it struggles to maintain the cinema feeling. Design is awesome, shamballa really looks beautiful and also the soundtrack succeds.
  34. Dec 13, 2013
    The 'special' sequences lift this game to something extraordinary. Shooting has improved since 1, because opponents are less cartoony and just less irritating, more realistic. The color palette has widened a lot in Uncharted 1, it was lots of green and grey, jungle and temples. In this game, there are just lots of colors, truly varied locations/scenarios, a lot more happening on screen.The 'special' sequences lift this game to something extraordinary. Shooting has improved since 1, because opponents are less cartoony and just less irritating, more realistic. The color palette has widened a lot in Uncharted 1, it was lots of green and grey, jungle and temples. In this game, there are just lots of colors, truly varied locations/scenarios, a lot more happening on screen. It still takes the player from A to B and asks few questions of any kind, but there is so much spectacle you can't call it a bad time. The middle section of the game is amazing. The last hour is a bit lackluster, when the game really tests your concentration by spamming enemies so the tempo slows down and you get a bit bored, but even the most difficult parts should be manageable in a few tries on easy mode. All in all, I finished single player in around 10 hours. It left me satisfied, and feeling like I'd just been on a long roller coaster ride. I would have liked more (elaborate) puzzles, more ingenuity, wider use of the physics so impressively mastered in some sequences. It's also soo easy for a seasoned gamer like me to pick out the 'inspirations' for the game. It's all seen before. Whether in Tomb Raider, Gears of War, etc etc. I didn't get very immersed or involved in the story either, since the gameplay had little to do with the plot and I felt like Nathan Drake was a monster rather than a hero... it was like "plot in a clip, pause clip/plot to have meaningless violence or simple navigation, then further plot, then pause". Not very creative in terms of pushing the medium's mechanics forward. Expand
  35. May 3, 2017
    Much better than the first, but it has pacing issues. I didn't care about the game until about 4-5 hours in, which is nearly half of the game. I hope 3 has better pacing.
  36. Jun 28, 2017
    The landscapes are gorgeous, I gave it a 6 because of the clunky climbing mechanic, the inconsistent rules (some times you die when falling from a small heighta just because it was not the right way or some water streams are instant kill and others are not) and the waves after waves after waves of uninspired firefights which are not the reason I go into an adventure game, I'd rather playThe landscapes are gorgeous, I gave it a 6 because of the clunky climbing mechanic, the inconsistent rules (some times you die when falling from a small heighta just because it was not the right way or some water streams are instant kill and others are not) and the waves after waves after waves of uninspired firefights which are not the reason I go into an adventure game, I'd rather play shooters for that, story is very interesting and comments from Nathan Drake are hilarious but I found this game incessant combat tedious. Expand
  37. Jan 2, 2013
    Overall, i think the game is pretty excited and love the storyline. Some humor in the game, little things that i enjoy. However, i took away a few scores is because the game is very simmilar to the first 1 and is ethier find another way around or sh*t lodes of people to shoot. And some of the things doesnt make sense, punching actually will do more damage then a AK47 or a shotgun?Overall, i think the game is pretty excited and love the storyline. Some humor in the game, little things that i enjoy. However, i took away a few scores is because the game is very simmilar to the first 1 and is ethier find another way around or sh*t lodes of people to shoot. And some of the things doesnt make sense, punching actually will do more damage then a AK47 or a shotgun? Ya...think about that. Jumping off a place where its only 10 feet tall and u die, doesnt make sense!! (other mission u jump like 20 feet :O)Also, it always give me hints when i dont need them(i know u can turn it off though :P) when i need them, they dont give me. So i think it will be better if u want some hints, press a button then its there, will be the best option. (too complicate to understand?) Expand
  38. Dec 13, 2013
    I feel as though I've missed something. While the production values of the game were certainly stunning, the gameplay and narrative seemed very stale and uninspiring. Both the platforming and the shooting mechanics felt clunky and stiff. Also, having played open world climbing platformers like Assassin's Creed it was a real bummer to see how linear the game's environments were. TheI feel as though I've missed something. While the production values of the game were certainly stunning, the gameplay and narrative seemed very stale and uninspiring. Both the platforming and the shooting mechanics felt clunky and stiff. Also, having played open world climbing platformers like Assassin's Creed it was a real bummer to see how linear the game's environments were. The developers built only a single path through every level making for a very predictable and frankly boring experience. Honestly, I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Also, it has one of the most disappointing and horribly annoying boss fights in video game history. This game has made me very hesitant to play The Last of Us. Expand
  39. Jan 17, 2014
    This game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and isThis game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and is great on your own or with friends. This is one of those rare games that don't come so often and never gets old from unlocking skins and special in game content for story mode to an epic story mode with great voice over you can't go wrong with buying this game. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is a great experiences for any gamer out there! Expand
  40. Jan 22, 2014
    The graphics, gameplay, story are all top notch. This is not only one of the greatest games on the PS3, it's one of the greatest in all of gaming history.
  41. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best game of ps3, the history is amazing with a lot of intense moments (but a history a little below than uncharted 2) , the characters are unforgettable, perfect gameplay, and much acction where we were never bored. The best graphics for ps3. If you have a PS3, you must have this game.
  42. Feb 23, 2014
    If Drake's Fortune was the setup, this game is the payoff. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece in every aspect. The writing and performances are smart and snapy, the graphics are amazing, and the story is much more compelling than the first installment.
  43. Jul 30, 2014
    If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title.If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title. It was the best decision of my entire gamer career. I cant point out a negative part of the game, because there simply arent any. anything about this game is awesome and never stops at any point being at least amazing. The supersharp visuals, the level design, the character movement, the story, the actors, and the list of awesomeness just goes on and on!!! even the hated scripted events are truly great in this game. This is one of those titles, where the developers didnt made any shortcuts, they even made the collectibles awesome!! All I can say without getting into details, that it was an experience that I never had before during my gamer times. play it.. Its a shame that the replay value is a bit small, but other than that, holy mother of GOD! Expand
  44. Apr 1, 2014
    This is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for allThis is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for all action-adventure/third-person-shooter fans. Expand
  45. Apr 10, 2014
    Simply the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play. Even The Last of Us cannot claim the top spot against a game like Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog, often characterised by its incomparable voice acting and mesmerising graphics, does not fail to impress. The whole game screams professionalism and meticulous craftsmanship. I would find it extremely difficult to fault this game.
  46. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Really beautiful game with colorful graphics and nice level design. Just should be less straight.
  47. May 28, 2014
    Uncharted 2 has lived up to its reputation. Me and my brother both played it and we were awestruck at the intensity this game made us feel. Naughty Dog you have seriously captured the soul of the gamer. The gameplay was smooth as hell and the story line was awesome. A must buy for very ps3 gamer :) !!
  48. Jun 4, 2014
    Love this game, honestly the best game on the PS3 on it's entire life cycle and possibly the best game ever made. Great storyline and gameplay. 10/10.
  49. Jun 21, 2014
    98/100: The second game in the Uncharted franchise is even more fantastic than the great first Uncharted game. The puzzles in the game are fun and not too easy, the combat system works great and the storyline is fantastic. Even though the graphics aren't stunning, the game looks wonderful. Naughty Dog did a great job with Uncharted 2!
  50. Jul 8, 2014
    This was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you'reThis was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you're playing an action movie, and I loved every minute of it. The action sequences tie in perfectly with the gameplay. And as soon as I beat it, I started over. Expand
  51. Aug 15, 2014
    Best PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add toBest PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add to that an amazing and addictive multiplayer . This game is the best action adventure game EVER , objectively . and it is my all time favorite game . Expand
  52. Oct 18, 2014
    An absolute 'must play'. This was my favourite game of all time up until 'The Last Of Us' was released.

Uncharted 2 is a classic example of perfect gameplay,with Naughty Dog meticulously delivering a flawless game through to the end. This game is so well planned out it shows. The set pieces are incredible, and the characters interactions through gameplay further the storyline.

Fantastic and inspirational, 10/10.
  53. Oct 19, 2014
    WOW! I was absolutely speechless once the credits rolled through with this game! The gameplay is fun, the characters are way better, the action was spot on, and it looks amazing. A HUGE step up from the first game! Sadly, Uncharted 3 was not able to keep up.
  54. Jun 25, 2016
    Oo good to be a game! Great script and topnotch directing. Almost everything is the way it should be, though some of the supernatural tanks feel like a chore to kill. Loved the quiet pacing at times. Graphics are breath taking!
  55. Aug 29, 2017
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is great action game that can be enjoyed by all. Uncharted 2 is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time which I can see why but I believe that it is not the best in the series. Uncharted 2 had made many graphical improvements since the first entry but graphically it won’t earn any rewards by today’s standards. The game does feature breathtakingUncharted 2: Among Thieves is great action game that can be enjoyed by all. Uncharted 2 is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time which I can see why but I believe that it is not the best in the series. Uncharted 2 had made many graphical improvements since the first entry but graphically it won’t earn any rewards by today’s standards. The game does feature breathtaking environments that look quite impressive for how old the game is. The game also has a variety of settings from a jungle and city environments to the the snowy peaks of the Himalayan mountains. Sadly, The characters models still look cartoony and fake. There are also frequent blurry textures and basic models throughout the environment that show that the game has aged a lot. Uncharted 2 tells a basic but well acted story about the main character Nathan Drake returning on a new quest to find the ancient city of Shambala. The returning characters of Nathan Drake, Victor Sullivan and Elena Fisher are even more funny and well acted than the previous game. The game also features some new great characters that add to the entertaining witty banter between characters. I wish more could be done with the story but it is overall fine. Uncharted 2 just like the previous game is a 3rd person shooter where the player will fight enemies, solve puzzles, and do some platforming. The gunplay is great and has more impact than the previous one and features some great action set pieces. The biggest improvement Uncharted 2 has made to the original is the improved platforming. The platforming is now no longer stiff and clunky. Uncharted 2 does a lot right but I feel it is not a perfect game and lacks the polish that 4th game has. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an enjoyable game that doesn’t bring anything new to the table but it is still a lot of fun.

7/10: Good
  56. May 22, 2015
    there is one word to describe this game and that is epic played this non-stop immediately after i got and it solidified itself into my top 25 games of all time controls are tight , story is one of the best iv'e seen to sum it up this game is basically the game equivalent of Skyfall and the multiplayer rivals even halo 2's.
  57. May 22, 2015
    The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game,The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game, and the game had so many reasons to keep coming back. The best of the series. Expand
  58. Mar 2, 2017
    Uncharted 2 is by far the best game in the series, it's perfectly balanced between a solid presentation and engaging gameplay, while it gives you a great story to follow.
  59. Jun 3, 2019
    This game is so much better than the first title in the series that it hurts. It has been improved on every level.
    The graphics are amazing and the gameplay feels much more balanced. There are new characters - again full of charm and wit. And even existing ones are better defined and more likable.
    The story is pure adventure. The Himalayan setting is just fantastic.
    Highly recommended.
  60. Jul 9, 2015
    Mediocre with highs and lows and slightly entertaining.

Mediocre with highs and lows and slightly entertaining.

First things first. This is not an adventure game, this is a third person shooter in each and every aspect. The fact that it has many clunky climbing sections and "puzzles" that couldn't pose a challenge even to a braindead monkey is just an insult to the great games of this genre from which Uncharted tries to get inspiration, namely: Tomb Raider before the reboots, and Prince of Persia.
    This is a game that tries to give a lot but ends up delivering a dull and linear experience. The main problem with it is that despite the look of the maps, the game is linear and has a single path. It also frustrates your efforts in playing it more stealthy or strategically by flooding the areas with endless amounts of enemies.
    Though it is a major improvement compared to the first game it's still pretty lacking.

PROS:
    - Pretty visuals, varied and nice looking environments
    - Balanced weapons(which was a big con in the first one)
    - Fairly long
    - Incredibly cliché but entertaining story
    - Likable characters
    - If you can bother shooting hordes of enemies over and over it's a fairly fun shooter
    - The two stealthy levels were actually good, but the game can't be played all like that

CONS:
    - If you're looking for an adventure game this is 80% shooting
    - Clunky climbing/jumping controls
    - Artificially extended longevity via really slow trivial animations, need to wait for other characters, wounded Drake walking incredibly slow and stopping for every wind-blow ever, enemies spawning out of empty rooms just to block your path
    - No brainer puzzles
    - Linear maps
    - Many cliches
    - Good shooting dragged down by terrible cover system
    - Pretty maps with bad level design
    - Terribly exposed invisible walls( for example to the right of the temple behind the gunner)
    - No logic behind climbable objects, just the ones the developers chose

Overall, not a bad game but mediocre to the point that I didn't want to play it again and I probably never will.
    6.5/10
    - Beautiful scenarios;
    - Gameplay;
    - Multiplayer;

Nothing;

GOTY 2009 and one of the best PS3 and 7th generation game.
  62. Sep 30, 2015
    I just recomend this game....when i bought it I was just amayzed by the graphcs and the shooter phisics,this game blew my mind...please people buy this game.
  63. Nov 1, 2015
    This game is fantastic and an amazing sequel. Better graphics, different location, almost the same gameplay but still as great as the original, in my opinion better than the original, but not by much, still this is a must buy.
  64. May 15, 2019
    Not sure why this game has better score than incredible games, such as the last of us, red dead redemption, to talk of some games of the same generation. Maybe is because it was out earlier in the ps3 life cycle. This game is not a classic at all, insignificant story, gameplay did not improve much on the first game and that's just a mediocre shooter game. questionable level design. That'sNot sure why this game has better score than incredible games, such as the last of us, red dead redemption, to talk of some games of the same generation. Maybe is because it was out earlier in the ps3 life cycle. This game is not a classic at all, insignificant story, gameplay did not improve much on the first game and that's just a mediocre shooter game. questionable level design. That's an ok game that should have been rated 7 top. Really made an effort to play it till the end, and it was not worth it. Expand
  65. Apr 16, 2016
    After playing the piece of **** game that was Uncharted 1 my expectations for this game were very low, thankfully i was wrong and Uncharted 2 is not only a huge, HUGE, HUGE!!! improvement over the last game, but it's also one of the best adventure games i have ever played.

STORY: You start hanging on a train, you avoid death and then it goes into a flashback. After getting enormous treasure at the end of Uncharted 1, Nathan is just minding his own business when suddenly an old friend of his called Flynn offers Nathan a new "job" which consists of getting a treasure of Marco Polo in a museum with the help of a girl called Chloe. Eventually they do just that and find a treasure map that leads to Shambhala and the Cintamani stone, but after hearing this Flynn betrays Nathan and makes it so Nathan gets captured. Sully and Chloe get Nathan out of prison and now it's a race to see who gets the stone first. This story has a much more Indiana Jones type of feel and i love for that.

PRESENTATION: Graphics are greatly improved with more colors, better models, physics, textures, lighting effects, animations and shaders, but the eyes look weird and sometimes the human models look like they're made with plastic, but aside from that there's i have nothing to complain about.

Same goes for the music, since it's more memorable than last time and it fits the situation perfectly.

The game runs at 720p and 30fps, but with this level of detail...i feel is justified (unlike the first game).

Overall a great presentation and if i had to nitpick about it...well i did found 3 glitches in my 10 hour playthrough...that's it.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2 not only fixes every problem i had with the first game in this aspect, but it also adds some new stuff to make this a far better game.

First of all the parkour system has been improved. Now you can move in a 3D environment while climbing, rather than just pushing X a few times to get from point A to point B on a wall. You can climb by hanging on the roofs and you can shoot while...well...climbing. You can also switch from from side to side by pressing X and you can drop down to hang on another things. The parkour system is more interesting and fun this time around thanks to all this improvements.

Aiming is a lot more precise and less loose. The cover mechanic is a lot more well done, you can switch from place to place immediately while covering by pressing O while holding the analog stick and if you sneak up on a enemy, you can silently take them out with the square button. And if you do that you can steal from them a bunch weapons like some guns or grenades, that now have their own button (or trigger if you consider is on L2), which makes them a lot more convenient to use and if you press the trigger by error, just push up on the D-pad to cancel it.

Melee combat is a lot faster, but still very simple. You just mash the Square button until they die and if they attack you you can press Triangle to dodge and counterattack...umm...that sounds familiar...Batman Arkham Asylum anyone?. Nah but to be fair both titles did came out the same year, but Batman did came out 2 months earlier. If you defeat some enemies with the melee combat they will give their items, like riot shields or whatever.

There's a lot of weapons in this game and surprisingly i found myself switching from weapon to weapon (especially at the later part of the game). Checkpoints are really abundant and fair. The quick time events are still here and they are used just like in God of War, to solve puzzles, push this, see this, see that, etc. The game has some awesome set pieces that get you so pumped and it's just...ugh so epic. And the puzzles are still easy, but more creative.

The game has incredible variety, sometimes you do puzzles, sometimes you shoot with cover, sometimes you shoot without cover, or while carrying someone, or shooting while climbing, or shooting solo, or shooting with 2-4 panthers, or running away while shooting or other times without shooting, really the differences in kind are all over the place.

The partners this time get a lot more attention this time. And don't worry the AI works very well and heck they can even kill enemies. Sometimes you need them to get over that or drop something to go up, and it's really useful and fun.

The only negative thing i can say is that there's a lack of bosses in this game, but i will say that this game final boss is a lot better compared to the mindless and boring quick time event boss we got last time.

I don't know if i made it clear at this point, but Uncharted 2 is an incredible game. While the first game was just a big disappointment, this...this is what you call a great sequel and a great game overall and with improved mechanics like parkour, melee and shooting, great graphics, music, variety, more colors and just being outright fun. Uncharted 2 gets a 10/10 a must have for the PS3 and if the frame rate and resolution really bothers you, play it on PS4.
  66. Apr 12, 2016
    Simplemente espectacular, te deja con la boca abierta y no puedes cerrarla, la atención al detalle se agradece muchísimo y la ambientación es totalmente auténtica, aunque el boss final no está a la altura del juego
  67. Feb 17, 2019
    Gameplay/Mechanics: 10
    Sound/Music: 10
    Graphics/Art: 10
    Story/Atmosphere: 10
    OVERALL: 10/10 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a masterpiece, one of the greats.
  68. Jun 1, 2016
    The best of the first 3 games in the series. This has been an awesome experience. The end is one of the toughest i have seen so far amongst most games but will provide a sense of satisfaction once you complete!
  69. Jun 5, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a must for anyone with a Playstation 3, especially considering the cult classic the game has achieved. The gameplay is tight and responsive, the story quirky and fresh despite being rather linear. The voice acting is some of the top acting I've seen in video games even recently (Resident Evil I'm looking at you). Despite this, the game's antagonist Lazaravic is very 2D in comparison to the bright and vivid characters of Nathan and his crew. The final battle is boring and repetitive, especially considering the set pieces prior to this of the train and helicopter chase and the building falling. The suspense and charm of the first game seems to have dissipated into a focus on tighter gameplay and story, which is not a bad thing at al but just loses some of the Uncharted fair the first one brought to the table. Overall, it is a fantastic game despite a few "charm" flaws. If you're a new gamer looking for an introduction or really interested in cinematic's and plot developments of video games, this is the game for you. Expand
  70. Sep 17, 2016
    This game is the best game of my life! ... Because it is all to the good graphics, level design, frame, story, sound .. Crazy naughty dog....(At least it is better than Uncharted 3)
  71. Oct 26, 2016
    Amazing in every aspect - storyline, visuals, attention to detail, voice acting, online gameplay, settings... I've played the game twice. Considering the game is now 7 years old the visuals are still stunning with a great attention to detail. Can't fault it at all. A true masterpiece and one of the best games I've ever played. If you haven't played it you REALLY need to.
  72. Dec 22, 2016
    this game is great it gets a
    10/10 for action
    10/10 for character design
    5/10 for sneaking its nearly impossible
    but everything else is great. from the best explosions and climbing you will be questing for the lost treasure of Marco polo with Nathan Brake, Victor Sullivan, Elena fisher, and Chloe Frazer
  73. Jan 13, 2017
    Best Uncharted in the series, at least for the PS3 (I'm yet to play U4). It improved a lot from the previous part, which already was fun, but now much more better. Bigger, more epic, a story to play and experience. Once again characters with charisma, well performed, played, good cast (even the spanish version). An action game experts will love, and novice will open their eyes to a new genre.
  74. Apr 14, 2020
    Definitivamente el mejor Uncharted, gameplay variado y emocionante, historia atrapante, personajes inolvidables, y es de esos juegos que juegas y juegas y no te das cuenta de cuando tiempo pasó. Mejoró todo del anterior y ha sido dificil superar por el 3 y 4
  75. Apr 21, 2020
    Топовое разнообразие локации, динамика, сложность стрельбы, персонажи, графика, дизайн уровней.
  76. Mar 19, 2020
    Amazing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  77. Jun 20, 2020
    better than the first one but still the same formula same boring gameplay and cliche story but action is cool and puzzles are nice addition but theres just few and theyre too easy.
  78. Apr 15, 2020
    Game of the year 2009

This is up there with Resident Evil 4 as one of the best third person shooters of all time
  79. Aug 16, 2020
    لعبة ممتعة من كل النواحي من الألغاز والقصة والقتال
  80. May 4, 2011
    If you enjoy a charismatic character, blockbuster style, immersive action, some of the best dialogue I've seen in a game (witty, clever and not written by a 5-year-old) and a decent story...pick up this game.
    Was one of the first games I got for the PS3, and was skeptical with the all reviews...but I simply could not put the controller down. The puzzles are easy and the gunfighting is repetitive...but the game was bottom line fun. I enjoyed the entire 9-hour single player ride.
    The final scene in the game made me genuinely smile...I can't wait for the next one.
  81. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune delivered on such a level, that I never thought could be replicated, or, what Naughty Dog did here, make it better. If you played the first, definitely get this game.

The story starts off pretty neatly, you're in a trainwreck, shortly after "getting out" of the trainwreck, Nate passes out and it takes you throughout the events that occurred up to the wreck. Than the story unfolds. Naughty Dog continues to deliver amazing story telling, while making the gameplay deep and influential. Cannot possibly wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception! Bring it on Naughty Dog! We cant' wait!
  82. Nov 25, 2010
    This is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends aroundThis is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends around the world :) Expand
  83. OwenP
    Oct 13, 2009
    Just the Beta alone had me playing non stop, this is the game I have been looking for. Although I do love Uncharted for the single player I really do hope they put a bit more into the online as I the games are great using multiple levels etc. Love this game.
  84. Apr 10, 2011
    If you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation butIf you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation but the gameplay's so polished and the action so breathtaking that you won't notice or care. Stunning set piece follows thrilling shootout and the quality just doesn't let up throughout the entire game. The graphics, the cut scenes, script and voice acting are also of the very highest quality and the whole experience is like being in a great action movie while still feeling like a game. Many people have called Uncharted 2 the best game of this generation; I feel it falls just short of that accolade but i will call it the greatest pure action game i've ever played and (I'll say it again) - must buy! Expand
  85. Sep 8, 2010
    If I could sum this game up with 2 words or less, i'd say "This game was so amazing, that I forgot how to count". This game was easily the greatest game of the decade, I loved it, the campaign was great, no, amazing! And when I beat the singleplayer campaign, I had a nice cuddly multiplayer waiting for me, Multiplayer was surprisingly good, I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it got ratherIf I could sum this game up with 2 words or less, i'd say "This game was so amazing, that I forgot how to count". This game was easily the greatest game of the decade, I loved it, the campaign was great, no, amazing! And when I beat the singleplayer campaign, I had a nice cuddly multiplayer waiting for me, Multiplayer was surprisingly good, I enjoyed it for a few weeks, but it got rather repetitive.. So if you're buying this game, buy it for the singleplayer, play multiplayer when you beat the campaign. This is definitely a Console Seller Expand
  86. Mar 22, 2011
    This without a dout, THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE! The story is great the, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is soooo much fun. Anyone who says differently wouldn't know a good game is it came up and bit them in the butt.
  87. HaroldD
    Oct 13, 2009
    This is truly the best game i've ever played in my entire life, and i've been part of gaming since along time ago. Everything from the engaging characters to the superb cutscenes and dialogues, this is a masterpiece. The opening level is what i believe may be the greatest opening/welcoming to a game. I won't spoil anything but it's really a 'see for yourself' This is truly the best game i've ever played in my entire life, and i've been part of gaming since along time ago. Everything from the engaging characters to the superb cutscenes and dialogues, this is a masterpiece. The opening level is what i believe may be the greatest opening/welcoming to a game. I won't spoil anything but it's really a 'see for yourself' kinda moment. There is nothing that this game misses interms of delivering nonstop 'WOW' moments. This is an absolute must have, if you haven't got a PS3 do yourself a favor and get it inorder to experience this once in a life time event that is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Expand
  88. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negativeAt this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand
  89. Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, I only have one thing to say about this game and its prequel... Best movie I've seen in a lone time. Both feel like you are watching an action movie, while at the same time allow you to play a game. Even the online multiplayer is an action-packed blockbuster. If you have any doubts about this game, cast them aside, you won't need them where you're going.
  90. Mar 9, 2011
    Easily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on CrushingEasily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on Crushing in 10 hours 47 minutes which was a great accomplishment. Your weapon choice a kinda big variety from rpg-7 to m4 to mk-ndi and so on. It gives a challenge because some people are harder to kill than others like the gau gunners and Shambahla guardians. The character choice for online is wide whether your a heroe or villian. So stop reading this, find $30 and go buy Uncharted 2. Expand
  91. Apr 7, 2012
    Uncharted 2 is a very good game with some flaws.
    The set-pieces are amazing and the story keeps you going.
    The characters are acted out greatly, so you really feel personally attached to them after a time.
    The downside of this game are the many unneccesary slow-downs, the frustrating puzzles and the snow setting, which I personally didn't like.
    Uncharted 3 is a much better game.
  92. Apr 23, 2020
    Not worth playing. These game is pretty much an action movie, where your actions are limited and repetitive. I can´t count how many times I have pressed triangle to open a door, look for a box to jump on, or watched how the character does all sorts of trickery without me even interacting.

The story is predictable and childish, gameplay basic and repetitive, although graphics are good, but not overwhelming. I would rather play Darksiders, Yakuza or God of War
  93. JohnN
    Oct 13, 2009
    The game to come out on the PS3 to date. Amazing graphics,story and a really fun multiplayer to keep you playing for a long time. This game is almost perfect in every aspect and really 1-ups from the previous game. It take's what was good in the first game and builds on it to make the gameplay experience a solid one. This is a must have for all PS3 owners.
  94. StevenA.
    Oct 13, 2009
    The perfect game to have ever sparked the Adventure genre of gaming. The action is also top-notch. A lenthy enough story mode, an amazing story, excellent gameplay mechanics, tons of guns, amazing sound effects and themed music. This all comes from the single player experiecnce. And yet, the multiplayer still steals the show. I'll be spending more time on the multiplayer here than I The perfect game to have ever sparked the Adventure genre of gaming. The action is also top-notch. A lenthy enough story mode, an amazing story, excellent gameplay mechanics, tons of guns, amazing sound effects and themed music. This all comes from the single player experiecnce. And yet, the multiplayer still steals the show. I'll be spending more time on the multiplayer here than I did, in Call of Duty 4 or 5. Some may say that this game is a masterpiece and the best on the PS3. I totally counldn't agree more. No way it can lose that Game of the Year award. Expand
  95. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the best action titles of all-time, also one of the best looking.
  96. Dec 28, 2010
    Sit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are youSit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are you listening.) Don't botch it by trying to be too different, its like footy- unbroken so why fix it? A great game all you need and more. Expand
  97. Jan 1, 2011
    I have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best actionI have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best action movie ever made with characters and a story that unfolds at a suberb pace. Everythings not thrown at you from the start and it doesn't take forever to get going. The challenge is not without difficulty but never frustrating. Plenty of weapon choices to cater to any style player and many levels can be played without alerting a single guard if thats what you enjoy. Playing and beating all the harder modes, I can't find one thing wrong with this game. And just to boot, the player collects rewards that can be used on subsequent playthroughs. As if just playing the game again is not fun enough. If you own a PS3, you don't want this game, you NEED this game. Expand
  98. Jan 16, 2011
    This is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole bookThis is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole book to write everything down. Firstly, on single player, the graphics are impeccable, not even a minor detail is overlooked. The story is gripping till the very last second, all its twists and turns are really make you feel as if you are in the story. The fire fights are intense, and the stealth attacks are really awesome.
    For multiplayer I can only say two words; Awesome and Addictive. The scenarios where the matches are held are really breath-taking. But if you admire the view for two long you might end up with 20 bullets in your back. The mechanics are really similar to single player: you've got guns, stealth attacks and melee fights.
    My parting words: this is a super game that will never die. It is an excellent game and will remain like this.
  99. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks aroundUncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks around the world, it is simply the best visuals ever to grace the console thus far. The cut scenes, lets just say they wouldn't look place in a Hollywood blockbuster movie they are jaw dropping, absolutely spectacular. The acting within the game is once again to perfection, pushing Drake to even higher heights in making him the ultimate protagonist on PS3. The storyline is also magnificent full of twists and turns with Drake initially setting out to find Marco Polo's lost treasure but this soon turns into a chase for the Cintamani Stone and finding the mythical Shambala, however he's not alone with Serbian war criminal Zoran Lazarevic hot in pursuit. Gameplay is fun as ever, the cover shooting system works superbly well again, the fighting has been slightly altered although nothing major, but the set pieces are just outstanding whether its climbing a crumbling building, jumping from broken ledges or dodging a plane on an overturned train its just the most awesome all round gaming experience ever, and in my opinion the best game out their on PS3 to date, like another review correctly suggested you should buy a PS3 just to play this! Expand
  100. Dec 15, 2010
    This game is near flawless, the graphics are the best I've ever seen. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a movie. The only issues I have are that you can sometimes get glued to a wall and you need to vault off of it, blowing your cover, though once you get the hang of it you can work around this. The climbing, in conjunction with the graphics can prove confusing because you feel like youThis game is near flawless, the graphics are the best I've ever seen. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a movie. The only issues I have are that you can sometimes get glued to a wall and you need to vault off of it, blowing your cover, though once you get the hang of it you can work around this. The climbing, in conjunction with the graphics can prove confusing because you feel like you should be able to climb all over certain surfaces, but for the most part they do well to avoid this. The other thing is the shooting, I can't put my thumb on it, but something just feels... off. Still, if you at all liked Indiana Jones or National treasure, you will love this game. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 105 Critic Reviews

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.