6.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 31, 2016
    Career is lame. It's not very in-depth. The car physics are very well done but there isn't enough vehicles. The addons are cool but you cant use them online. Online is completely dead. No private online lobbies. Small amount of tracks. Get it when it's on sale.
  2. Oct 2, 2016
    The career mode is a nightmare, the opposite of intuition. Who cares about the "best driving physics" if everything else of the game is old fashioned and makes you lose fun after 10 minutes of playing it!
  3. Oct 8, 2016
    Driving physics can only take you so far. There´s nothing to do in the game: online is barebones without private lobbies, public games are full of rammers and the same combos are always on top of the list. Single player is rubbish. All you can do is hotlapping and it gets old soon.

The content is poorly distributed, we have a hundred road cars, sometimes almost equal to each other, and just a couple dozens of race cars (and almost all of them are GT3 cars, bo-ring).

If they can add features and cars this will be a blast. Otherwise, it will stay a failure. It was cheap and I still regret buying.
  4. Sep 21, 2017
    The only thing good about this game is the accurate engine sound. The controls in this game are horrid. And where the **** is the reverse button? Smh waste of money even at $30
  5. Dec 9, 2016
    Even after patch 1.09 it's a broken and buggy mess. Shame, finding right balance for the controller seems impossible now.
    AI can be frustrating. Average graphics and sound. This game needs months of development extra.
  6. Dec 8, 2017
    This game gets a solid 4 and that's being very generous. It's clear where all the time was spent in this game, and that's graphics and physics. While it's great to see the level of detail poured into the cars themselves and how you can tune them, there aren't enough cars or tracks to make this a really interesting game.

There are also some downright horribly programmed parts of this

There are also some downright horribly programmed parts of this game. For instance, simply crossing the finish line on the lap last of the race and nothing really happens. In career mode, you're taken to the pits after a few seconds, and you just sit there while the game loads. It's like you're sitting in some sort of game purgatory and you're not sure what's going on. There's no music, and the clock starts over like you're going to start another race. It's just very awkward and confusing, and simple things like this show the faults of Assetto Corsa. Pick literally any other racing simulation or arcade game from the last 3 decades and it has a better race ending.

Career mode sucks, it just does. It's boring and poorly imagined. You slowly move through different car brands and classes, starting with quite possibly the most boring car manufacturer from Italy: Abarth. You keep repeating the same tracks with the same sluggish cars, which feels like it's neverending. In other racing games like GT, Forza or even Need for Speed, the slower cars don't feel as boring as they do in Assetto Corsa.

Writing this review is about how I feel about Assetto Corsa: I just want to stop doing it. In short Assetto Corsa can't get by on its looks alone, and that's where it misses the mark. Maybe the PC version is a lot better, but this is just not a good game at all.
  7. Nov 22, 2016
    It really isn't a bad game. However I after renting within 90 days of release I was dissapointed to find that nearly a third of the cars are DLC. And the car list really isn't that long to begin with. Also the racing line isn't a dynamic racing line which I only really use to learn a new or vintage course that isn't in other games, but that is a step behind the curve of other sim orIt really isn't a bad game. However I after renting within 90 days of release I was dissapointed to find that nearly a third of the cars are DLC. And the car list really isn't that long to begin with. Also the racing line isn't a dynamic racing line which I only really use to learn a new or vintage course that isn't in other games, but that is a step behind the curve of other sim or even arcade racers. I would consider playable cars and racing line, HUD customization to be necessary for a $60 purchase. Expand
  8. Aug 30, 2016
    Things i like about AC:

-Best driving physics in the business, most intense and realistic feeling inside the cars -Superb Sound (Engine and environment) -Nice made Cars and Tracks -Drifting is hell of a fun Things i dont like: -Screen Tearing all over the place, even in Replays its really bad, so you cant enjoy watching your cars driving. Its ugly. The game looks very
    Things i like about AC:

-Superb Sound (Engine and environment)
    -Nice made Cars and Tracks
    -Drifting is hell of a fun

Things i dont like:

-Screen Tearing all over the place, even in Replays its really bad, so you cant enjoy watching your cars driving. Its ugly. The game looks very unfinished because of this fact

-It unplayable with a Gamepad. I even say the worst racing game with gamepad out there. The argument that you HAVE to play it with a wheel is true but if the developers release the game for consoles they have to make sure the game is playable with a Pad. Because not everyone has a 400 Dollar Wheel at home.

-No Adjustments for the Wheel. Only Force Feedback is adjustable

-Not many Cars. Like in Gran turismo there are about 3-5 different versions of one Car. Who needs so many BMW´s and Lotuses. Are the developers BMW Fanatics ?

-Not many Tracks and all of them are in Europe. No Tracks in North america, Japan. No Laguna Seca, Bathurst, Willow Springs or Suzuki Circuit ? But the Boring Monza is in the game. WOW

-Field of View is only adjustable in the Main Menu. Every car is different. Its important for me personally to Change my position in the Cockpit.

-The AI is way too strong. They are fast....thats cool. I see it as a motivation. But they also are ruthless and unfair. They push you out of their way, so you can continue your race on the green. They dont give a F....
    Even on the easiest mode its difficult to become 1st or 2nd. BTW im not a noob in this Genre. I play Project Cars, RFactor, GT, Forza since this games exist.

-The Presentation of the game. The Cars, Tracks, the Career Mode is literally Zero. There is no Presentation.
    You cross the finish line and 2 Seconds later you appear in the pit. That is only a good example of the presentation of the whole game. Everything is boring and dull.

-The game is unplayable in the third person view. The movement of the car is weird and unrealistic. See it on youtube videos if you want

You cant compare this game to Forza, GT or Project Cars. It may have the best Driving physics in the game but as a whole package its very far behind his competitors. Graphically its not really spectacular and the performance is bad.
    On the PC this game is good, no question. But on Console it is unfinished, like a Alpha or Beta version. For a Price of 46 Dollars i would everyone recommend buying Project Cars GOTY, Forza 6 or wait for GT Sport. Dont waste your money guys. By all the Love to Cars and racing. But in this condition the game is not an option. They have to put more work to the game and patch it.
    Im thankful i only borrowed the game from a friend.

I hope i could help.

Greets from Germany
  9. Sep 10, 2016
    Absolutely horrible port of the PC version. The PC version wasn't much of a game to begin with, but this version is watered down even further and suffers from serious issues and missing features. Stay away from this until they've improved it in a year from now.
  10. Sep 2, 2016
    A Predictable Disaster

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Aug 30, 2016
    Bad graphics, career mode ridiculous, AI too fast, DLC day one scam (search season pass on the official forum), too much fanboys, don't waste your money.

search "pretend race cars, a predictable disaster"
  12. Aug 30, 2016
    Bugs ! In Careermode you can't see what medal you got from which test or race and what more bothers is online sucks big time. You have to wait very long before a race starts and second after finishing on the podium nothing happens no trophies etc so everybody disconnects and where is the chatfunction or microphone option to talk with other players, Racing is wow! what's this i have to workBugs ! In Careermode you can't see what medal you got from which test or race and what more bothers is online sucks big time. You have to wait very long before a race starts and second after finishing on the podium nothing happens no trophies etc so everybody disconnects and where is the chatfunction or microphone option to talk with other players, Racing is wow! what's this i have to work on my racingskills like in Gran Tourismo . Graphics are really well although i can't race 24hrs on a circuit like night or evening race in Zandvoort for instance which can in GTR2 , and there's a yellow flag where ? i don't see the marshalls waving the flags like in GP4 so please fix the menu and the onlinefeatures then i give the game a big 7 because there is also no helmetview like GP4 and Project Cars i would give it an 8. From now i would say it's between Project Cars and Gran Tourismo Buy it maybe or should people wait for the new Gran Tourismo? Expand
  13. Aug 30, 2016
    Played mostly with G29 and Patch 1.01

Don't buy this game! It's a scam! Full of serious (crash) and annoying bug, extremely weak or bad design choices in both game and UI (the game doesn't explain the meaning of an option or the choices available for it and what happens if you choose a value or another one), insufficient features, trophies which pop-up without satisfy the required
    Played mostly with G29 and Patch 1.01

Don't buy this game! It's a scam!

Full of serious (crash) and annoying bug, extremely weak or bad design choices in both game and UI (the game doesn't explain the meaning of an option or the choices available for it and what happens if you choose a value or another one), insufficient features, trophies which pop-up without satisfy the required condition, stupid AI (in comparison Driveclub AI was devastated but this is worse) scam advertising (where are the cars showed in every youtube preview video released in august just before the release?), bug, bug, and bug again.

The career mode is NOT fun. Repetitive and lacks of progression. It's too difficult and it penalizes the player when he tries to achieve a better results even if the most difficult goal is yet achieved. Bug are frequently and annoying.

Graphics (overall) is quite good and better than my expectations. Cockpit view as FOV regulation
    Very good sounds effects/engine.
    Replay is acceptable but with tearing.

Wheel is strongly recommended. PAD is acceptable with most of the cars.

Conceptually this is a bad game from the 90' (In 2016 I cannot see the entire replay of my single lap race on the Nurburgring and it started from the middle race. Are you kidding me???) with a very good and fun simulation.
    The developers don't have the required game design, technical knowledge and experience to develop a PC simulator into a full game and then port it to the console.
    Console market is extremely different and they haven't understood this foundation.

The only thing that works is the accurate simulation. But it is not enough to justify all the previous lacks and sell it as a fully functional game (and almost at full price).
    Quality (not quantity) is light years far away from other titles (Forza/GT/Project Cars/Dirt Rally/Driveclub) which are the actual reference in the market.

last but not least I wonder to know how it had passed the sony and MS certifications before the release. This is something not good for the market health.

PS:
    -99% of press/website/youtube reviews are false. Don't thrust them. Prove is the big difference between press and users scores.
    -sorry for bad English
  14. Sep 2, 2016
    The game is broken and unbalanced, which makes for frustrating experience. Average graphics, decent sound and not enough content in comparison with other games.
  15. Aug 30, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. thats what am thinking . the game is nicely done in a way it has some nice graphics cool cars and a kind of realiistic simulator driving physics and sound effects . it is an enoughly good feeling to drive for a few hours . as a game as a story line and career especially compared to games like gran turismo and forza horizon it says nothing . you cant buy a car you like you cant customize it and its not giving you even the chance to select the car you want to drive as it is always one specific car you must take to race . also a lack of cars not even the cars that promise to as are not in the game . we were waiting for at least 20 porsche cars and it has not even one . enough said for a game made by a low budget company that gives as a low quality game . the standards are standards and am sad to admit that . Expand
  16. Aug 30, 2016
    Bad Game. Mode Career very ridiculous. AI Stupid. Impossible to play with joypad. The graphic and the sound is very poor. If you want an very racing simulator buy Project Cars,
  17. Sep 1, 2016
    An absolutely dumpster quality racing games that performs much better on PC. Then again, even this colossal failure of a title is still better than any Gran Turismo to date.
  18. Sep 1, 2016
    Not enough tracks in laser scan and auto faithfully reproduced to make a game . It lacks just about everything, and no private rooms online the game is useless .
    I.A. It is terrible and full of bugs
    Total disaster .
  19. Sep 7, 2018
    Maybe this game made to spread frustration on basic controllers drivers, but mine wasn't high enough to put me out if my mind and go for a 350€ wheel...Maybe I'm wrong but the cheap sound design is more a PS1 simulation sound than a motor sound simulation, but who knows, with a nice steering wheel it can be a relatively un-consequent and accessory feature.
  20. Oct 23, 2019
    I'll give Assetto Corsa two points for decent presentation. Otherwise, YIKES. Control is absolutely horrible no matter what config I choose. I have played all of the Gran Turismo games, GRID, NFS Shift, etc so it's not like I'm a total stranger to sim/sim-cade racers. (I enjoy arcade racers too, but I know that you cannot approach a sim with the same mindset you do with Burnout, etc.)I'll give Assetto Corsa two points for decent presentation. Otherwise, YIKES. Control is absolutely horrible no matter what config I choose. I have played all of the Gran Turismo games, GRID, NFS Shift, etc so it's not like I'm a total stranger to sim/sim-cade racers. (I enjoy arcade racers too, but I know that you cannot approach a sim with the same mindset you do with Burnout, etc.) Maybe it's better with a wheel, but for whatever reason I simply can't stay on the road, right from the start...on a straightaway. It's like I'm driving on ice, even at 20 mph. Frustrating.

As many problems as GT Sport had, it's a masterpiece next to this. At least in that game, I can control the cars and drive around the track, and if I wipe out, it was my fault. I wish I had never spent a penny on this, and will be selling it ASAP.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 9, 2016
    Assetto Corsa is an excellent race driving simulation which needs better multiplayer modes. [Oct 2016]
  2. Nov 9, 2016
    Assetto Corsa is for both serious and novice racers but don't expect a triple A racer!
  3. Oct 12, 2016
    Mostly a game aimed at the most hardcore players of the racing simulation genre, Corsa won't find too many fans in the crowd. The console version also leaves the impression of an incomplete game that we just can't recommend.