7.1

1. Sep 3, 2016
    At first I wasn't sure about buying this game, afraid of it being dissapointing... But wow this game is really great. The graphics look amazing, it was nice playing trhough the story again.

I admit that after playing the story the game gets repetitive but I think the gameplay is good enough to play it for a while longer. I played the for about 30 hours and I'm planning on playing more in the future!
  2. Sep 16, 2016
    As a huge fan of both the anime and the manga, I decided to buy this game, even though a lot of game reviewers had given it mediocre reviews. However, I was pleasantly suprises at how good the game was.

STORY- the game follows the story of the first season, and also part of the second season (which is entirely optional, in case you don't want it spoiled) as you play through, you switch characters depending on the chapter of the story, and each character has pros and cons to them, so it feels quite varied. For example, leuitenant levi is really powerful, and cuts through Titans unbelievably fast, but uses up blades and gas just as quick, whereas armin is quite weak, but gives orders to other soldiers instead, having them act as his damage dealers. However, the story misses out many parts from the anime, leaving the story with quite a few holes that make it run less smoothly. I would not recommend playing this as a substitute of the anime and/or manga.

COMBAT- the gameplay is very well done and smooth. Using the ODM gear is very fun, and makes the combat feel similar to the show. Can use the ODM gear to traverse the map, but you need to be careful, as if you get stuck on a flat plain, you won't be able to grapple. However, you are given a horse to traverse plains. lock on system is also good, allowing you to lock on to different body parts to take them out, and disabling body parts will have different effects. For example, disabling the legs will stop the Titans from walking, while disabling the arms will stop the Titans from grabbing you. However, you can just go straight for the nape to take them out, but doing so opens you up to the risk of being grabbed and possibly killed.

GAMEPLAY- there are two modes of gameplay: attack mode (the story), and expedition mode, in which you do survey missions, completing different objectives to get materials and regiment funds, that you can use to buy and upgrade equipment. You can play expedition mode either alone or with a squad of four players, who can either be friends or strangers. You can choose one of ten characters to play this mode, and as they all have different abilities, you can choose a character you don't play as normally, making the game harder. The AI in the game is also pretty good, although there can be strange moments in which they seem to glitch.

CONCLUSION- the game is ultimately a great anime game, and the combat will make you feel as though you are in the show, although the combat may end up feeling quite repetitive. The story is also quite accurate, but you should really already know the full story before playing this. If you are a big fan of attack on Titan, you must play this!
  3. Aug 31, 2016
    If you are a fan of attack on titan this is a must play! Some important story details are passed quickly but only to get you into the action. Each character even tho they have generally the same abilities definitely feel different. When you switch from the badass mikasa to the mindful armin going about battles the same way will not work out for you. Game looks great, and plays great.If you are a fan of attack on titan this is a must play! Some important story details are passed quickly but only to get you into the action. Each character even tho they have generally the same abilities definitely feel different. When you switch from the badass mikasa to the mindful armin going about battles the same way will not work out for you. Game looks great, and plays great. Underlining upgrade system if easy to understand and fun to play with as you get better gear your character model will reflect that. Get to elaborate on some story points the anime glosses over as well so its a give and take and keeps the story in the action. Action is repetitive but if you go as hard and as fast as you can its always entertaining. Navigation has a little bit of a learning curve and still feels a little clunky after you master it, but compare your first few hours and later in the game will feel like you are a god on ODM gear. I was also happy to see its not the same for the titans. Yes you will see models repeated but if you are fighting a group they are not all going to look or act the same. I think there are ~200 different titans? Expand
  4. Aug 30, 2016
    If you're a fan of the series you're gonna love this game. It's not one of those titles that should be played by people who don't already love the source material. It can be repetitive once you get it down, but most games are. Maybe for sixty dollars you wont find it worth it, but a lot of the time a rating ends up being based on how much you paid for it to begin with. Wait for the priceIf you're a fan of the series you're gonna love this game. It's not one of those titles that should be played by people who don't already love the source material. It can be repetitive once you get it down, but most games are. Maybe for sixty dollars you wont find it worth it, but a lot of the time a rating ends up being based on how much you paid for it to begin with. Wait for the price to go down and you'll see this game in a better light than if you got it now. The movement is fluid and responsive, the art style is amazing, and zipping around cutting up titans is satisfying. Sure there may not be to much to this game, but support this one enough, and maybe we'll get a sequel with things that happen after the anime, like human enemies and the like. Who knows? For now I feel perfectly fine supporting this fully. Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2016
    This game does a great job capturing the anime series.

It's so satisfying killing titans and it's surprisingly fun.

Though sometimes the camera and targets can be frustrating at times like when several titans are cramp together. Also I don't understand how they didn't dub the English version. But other then that this game worth trying.
  6. Sep 5, 2016
    Although the game does the same basic thing on each level, it still manages to keep it fresh and interesting. And yes, I have seen the anime, and I must say that this game goes along very well with the story. The movement can be annoying at times, but I still really enjoy it. It feels really good to kill the titans just before they eat someone. The game can get repetitive at times, butAlthough the game does the same basic thing on each level, it still manages to keep it fresh and interesting. And yes, I have seen the anime, and I must say that this game goes along very well with the story. The movement can be annoying at times, but I still really enjoy it. It feels really good to kill the titans just before they eat someone. The game can get repetitive at times, but each time it's still really fun to cut down titans left and right. I would recommend this game for PS4, haven't played on PC, but on PS4 it works really well! Expand
  7. Aug 30, 2016
    Game is great so far lots of stuff from the anime makes me feel like I'm watching the anime all over again but playing the game at the same time gameplay is great could get a little repetitive but what game doesn't
  8. Oct 27, 2016
    Grandioso video juego. El juego adapta muy fielmente el anime de Attack on Titan de manera perfecta. La ambientacion es muy buena y nos sumerge en el mundo medieval de la serie. La jugabilidad es muy buena y afortunadamente el juego es facil. Otra excelente joya de video juego que nos llega de Japon.
  9. Aug 30, 2016
    Honestly this game is just beyond amazing....i cried i laughed....i hurt....if you do not pick this up you're missing out. This game is blows 4/10's like overwatch and dark souls out of the water...just kidding lmao this game is alright get it when it's like 30 - 40 bucks not worth 60 unless you're a huge AOT fan just giving it a 10 to support anime style games since they don't get enoughHonestly this game is just beyond amazing....i cried i laughed....i hurt....if you do not pick this up you're missing out. This game is blows 4/10's like overwatch and dark souls out of the water...just kidding lmao this game is alright get it when it's like 30 - 40 bucks not worth 60 unless you're a huge AOT fan just giving it a 10 to support anime style games since they don't get enough love......we're are all soldiers now... Expand
  10. Aug 31, 2016
    I think a lot of the negative reception might be coming from a bad first impression. This game does have a lackluster tutorial and from what I've found out a lot of how to play the game right came from teaching myself. However, when you learn how this game works, all the insides and outs of the combat system, you will discover one of the most brilliant combat systems ever found in gaming.I think a lot of the negative reception might be coming from a bad first impression. This game does have a lackluster tutorial and from what I've found out a lot of how to play the game right came from teaching myself. However, when you learn how this game works, all the insides and outs of the combat system, you will discover one of the most brilliant combat systems ever found in gaming. There's a lot to take in when it comes to combat mechanics and timing as well as item management and ally management but With enough practice (and this game does need some dedication to truly master it) you will experience unrivaled fun. Easily one of the best action games I've ever played.

As for the story; I would have liked to have seen something original, maybe with a create a character, but, really, It's a direct translation of the Anime and the anime itself has a great story and characters so, I can't complain. There's plenty of contend and variety as well as enough upgrades and character abilities to keep it fresh. On the surface it may seem like a typical Koei game that plunders into repetition and monotony quickly but, much like Dragon Quest Heroes and Hyrule Warriors; This game is an overall higher quality than your standard Dynasty Warriors outing.

If you like Ballistic 'balls to the wall' action and are willing to practice this is a perfect game. I absolutely love it
  11. Oct 10, 2016
    Bueno, este juego es muy divertido, no soy de platinos pero me ha gustado tanto que quiero sacarle todo el jugo a A.O.T Wings of Freedom, sin embargo llega a un punto que se vuelvo muy repetitivo, esto es lo que muchas personas se han quejado, pero, sacar todos los trajes, todas las armas, todos los equipos es un reto el cual quiero cumplir.
    En el online, se puede jugar con 3 personas más
    En el online, se puede jugar con 3 personas más y es muy cómico quitarle el objetivo a un compañero tuyo cuando él se ha esforzado por matarlo. Pero entrar a una dificultad muy alta con un nivel muy bajo, es aburridor ya que no rasguñas a los Titanes, solo serás el espectador de la persona con el nivel alto.
    En general es un juego para su precio inicial de 60 no vale la pena, al menos de que seas muy fan de la serie, cuando baje a 40 tiene muy buen contenido para ese valor.
    Si eres fan de la serie te sentirás inmerso en el mundo de Atack On Titan.
    Es un juego que vale tener en la colección.
  12. Sep 11, 2019
    A very fun game but you should pick up Attack on Titan 2 instead as it has the same stuff from this game (plus way more) and improves a lot.
  13. Jun 1, 2018
    It's mindless titan killing which is fun.
    Gameplay is fun and once you get used you'll just keep flying and cutting titans' napes. It's good that the few characters you have play differently.
    But it has a couple of problems though: - Gameplay gets easily repetitive. - Sidequests are just a way to make you replay stages over and over again. - Camera problems. - Has a very unstable
    It's mindless titan killing which is fun.

But it has a couple of problems though:
    - Gameplay gets easily repetitive.
    - Sidequests are just a way to make you replay stages over and over again.
    - Camera problems.
    - Has a very unstable framerate that may bother from time to time, specially mixed with the camera, when you're near many titans.
  14. Nov 11, 2016
    If you are a fan of the series then you should definitely check this out. Stays true to the spirit and tone of the series both in terms of presentation and gameplay. Performance isn't perfect but it is great nevertheless.
  15. Dec 7, 2016
    i'm a fan a attack of titan, i watched anime attack of titan but titan is not good
    not same anime , anime titan is very reailtiy but this game titan is nor reaility
  16. Jul 18, 2020
    This game is a great addition to the aot franchise even if it is a retelling of the first season it's very addictive to play out the scenarios we love if you aren't a fan of the show it would be bland and drab but fans of the show will lap it up

Mixed or average reviews - based on 58 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 1, 2016
    Punctuated by an impressive original score, Attack on Titan has just about everything one could ask for from a video game adaptation of the series. A few blemishes hold the game back from being something truly special, but Omega Force and Koei Tecmo are certainly on the right track.
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 3, 2016
    High-wire hijinks in the spirit of the show. Who knew Omega Force had it in them? [Oct 2006, p.79]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Sep 28, 2016
    A proper, faithful blast, and it's much better than its release as a stopgap between seasons of the anime might suggest. Who says licensed games suck? [November 2016, p66]