7.7

1. May 28, 2020
    If you enjoy paper Mario and don't mind an art style that Is super indie then this game is what you're looking for. Characters are surprisingly interesting and the combat (while having small numbers) can be pretty in depth. One of my favorite games of the year so far. Would highly recommend, hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
  2. Jun 9, 2021
    Game was on sale for $17 so I figured it was like Paper Mario which I like so I took a chance on it. Wow! In some ways, it surpasses Paper Mario. Great look to the game, combat is pitch perfect & RPG elements are excellent. What more could you ask for? Buy it
  3. Jun 10, 2020
    The Paper Mario we've all wanted. Amazing music, charming characters, wonderful gameplay, perfect combat anf awesome medal system. I don't understand how people are even giving this a low score either. It's perfect.
  4. Aug 7, 2020
    This is all that thousand year door fans hope's for, another game with that mechanic. Nintendo refuses to include new characters in spin offs and they want try new things in each game but the thing is you don't need to tear off something that is good mechanical wise, just use the same mechanic from old game that succeed an add new stories. It is the same deal with Pokemon, the future ofThis is all that thousand year door fans hope's for, another game with that mechanic. Nintendo refuses to include new characters in spin offs and they want try new things in each game but the thing is you don't need to tear off something that is good mechanical wise, just use the same mechanic from old game that succeed an add new stories. It is the same deal with Pokemon, the future of gaming will not be on the ones showing more innovation but in the ones who listen to their audience Expand
  5. Aug 28, 2020
    I know it's been said, but this is probably the best Paper Mario game. Tons of charm with a great difficulty balance, keeping things the right level of challenging throughout the experience. The badge system works well to add some flexibility and player choice. Great stuff throughout.
  6. Sep 5, 2020
    I must say if you are a fan of the first two Paper Mario games or their combat system, then this game is a must-play. The game has a beautiful soundtrack and introduces a new world never seen before. The world-building is done phenomenally and with a badge, you get at the start of the game you can play on hard mode (which is actually what the developers recommend). The difficulty change isI must say if you are a fan of the first two Paper Mario games or their combat system, then this game is a must-play. The game has a beautiful soundtrack and introduces a new world never seen before. The world-building is done phenomenally and with a badge, you get at the start of the game you can play on hard mode (which is actually what the developers recommend). The difficulty change is big enough to be felt and give a consistent challenge, but never did it feel overbearing or like enemies were damage sponges just to be hit repeatedly. This game isn't just something to relive Paper Mario nostalgia but rather shows off how well the formula used for those games is and how it can be improved to feel like a full-fleshed game. The only complaint I have is there are occasional platforming sections that don't play right and can get annoying but the fact that messing up a jump just sends you back and doesn't kill or hurt you is a big positive. I would certainly recommend if you want to play an RPG, unlike many others with a good story, strong characters, and challenging combat. Expand
  7. Jul 18, 2020
    An extremely charming game for people that like the classic Paper Mario games. Great humor, characters, and a nifty medal system.
  8. Jul 17, 2021
    Love the gameplay mechanics in this! Has so many options, and the various skills each member can learn are unique. The bounty hunts are by far my favorite part of the game, as they are frantic as all heck. The button imputs are the only downside, as sometimes the response time for some of these attack commands are delayed. Other than that, a solid game!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 17, 2020
    Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling, while a direct inspiration from the Paper Mario franchise, definitely has something to offer all on its own. The gameplay may become clunky or tedious at times, but more than makes up for it with its very cute environments to explore or charming characters to interact with. Players that loved Paper Mario and similar styled games will absolutely find something to love about this game.
    Bug Fables is a great ARPG inspired in no small part by the Paper Mario games. It's really rather good.
    Bright, bold and colourful. Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling adds another dimension to turn-based battles and brings platforming, puzzles and heart to a worthwhile adventure. The art-style was not to my taste but it fits the subject matter perfectly. There is a lot of game here for your money, especially if you want to see it all. Now bug off and get tucked into the game.