5.1

1. Dec 6, 2020
    A pretty straight forward Dark Souls-Lite experience with some Zelda thrown in for good measure. It’s budget ultimately holds it back but it’s also not a full priced game. For $30 I got a solid 8 hours out of it and I’m pretty happy with the time spent. It’s simplistic art style is a hold over from its VR roots but it gets the job done. Being a big fan of Remnant I had hoped this gameA pretty straight forward Dark Souls-Lite experience with some Zelda thrown in for good measure. It’s budget ultimately holds it back but it’s also not a full priced game. For $30 I got a solid 8 hours out of it and I’m pretty happy with the time spent. It’s simplistic art style is a hold over from its VR roots but it gets the job done. Being a big fan of Remnant I had hoped this game would shed some more light on just what the heck is going on in that universe but it really doesn’t. Don’t come here for a story. At the end of the day I got pretty much what I thought I would. As long as you’re not expecting Remnant 2 or an experience that matches the high bar of Dark Souls you should have a good time. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 8, 2021
    This is a simple souls-like game and great for people wanting to get into the genre. With difficulty settings, plenty of interesting new mechanics and a fun world, it's definitely a good game to try.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 8, 2021
    If you liked the look of Dark Souls but bounced off the difficulty, Chronos offers a solid (if cheaper), more user-friendly, yet still demanding alternative. [Issue#184, p.90]
  3. Jan 4, 2021
    Chronos: Before the Ashes is a tough game to recommend to Remnant fans due to its comparatively flawed combat system and less amount of content overall. Nevertheless, I still believe that while the game does not live up to its full potential, it still has just enough charm to be worth at least a try for hardcore fans of the action-RPG genre.