3.6

1. Dec 11, 2020
    Ridiculous and irresponsible of a developer that spent so long winning our trust to release something in this state at full price. It is not hyperbole to say that this is the most disappointed I have ever been with the release of a game.

They could've just acknowledged the game can't run on PS4 and I and others would've adjusted expectations accordingly. Instead, they hid horrible

Instead, they hid horrible gameplay, enacted review embargos, and had company reps blatantly and directly lie to our faces about the state of the game, all so they could steal money from our pockets.

I can't imagine ever giving this game another chance on any console. The company could've just been honest instead of stealing money from such a large fan base with improper expectations. Unless they go on a serious apology tour, I'm done with this company and their games forever.
  2. Dec 11, 2020
    Game is completely broken. Was sold on PC videos while PS4 got completely hidden from everybody. It is at the verge of unplayable and I cannot recommend it to anyone. Terrible graphics, ridiculous performance, no NPCs in the city, no cars at the street, missing basic features like getting haircut to important ones like driving AI (which simply doesn't exist outside scripted missions,Game is completely broken. Was sold on PC videos while PS4 got completely hidden from everybody. It is at the verge of unplayable and I cannot recommend it to anyone. Terrible graphics, ridiculous performance, no NPCs in the city, no cars at the street, missing basic features like getting haircut to important ones like driving AI (which simply doesn't exist outside scripted missions, that's why police pops up out of nowhere, they can't pursue you in a car). Don't support such a scam. Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2020
    Unbelievable. ps3 quality graphics. fps drops, bugs, looks terrible. cd projekt achieved the biggest disappointment of years. like a joke.
  4. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is an unplayable mess on the original Playstation 4 with framerates constantly dropping to below 20 and bugs showing throughout the experience (in extremely low resolution). The entire marketing around this game was deceptive, as CD Projekt Red never showed the way game works on the original Playstation 4, but assured gamers that it works "surprisingly well". Avoid at all costs.
  5. Dec 11, 2020
    I literally Pray that this game fails harder than any video game has ever failed I'm not talking about sales, i'm talking about reputation. No other company has insulted me more with their lies and promises, than CdProjectRed. I'm saying all this as someone who has been playing video games over 20 years.
    Cyberpunk 2077 broke me and that's something no movie or video game has managed to do until now.
  6. Dec 11, 2020
    False advertisement, the game does NOT work properly on old generation of consoles, it should have never been released on PS4
  7. Dec 11, 2020
    This game should never be released on ps4 and xbox one. Give the money back
  8. Dec 11, 2020
    It's just impossible to play, cd projeckt red just deceived the community of console players, saying that consoles are the original platform for them, ****
  9. Dec 11, 2020
    Unplayable mess. CDPR are a bunch of lying thieves! They knew the game was crap and kept their mouth shut about because they wanted to scam its fanbase. At least the veil had dropped now and their reputation is gone.

0/10 would burn this crap again.
  10. Dec 11, 2020
    Unplayable mess, game crashes every 30 minutes, cant even judge the gameplay and story...
  11. Dec 11, 2020
    This is the first game i have ever reviewed on metacritic. There may be a good game in here somewhere but i cant see it. What a slap in the face, i have never felt this level of awfulness or disappointment from a game before. I was super mad, but after the most recent patch i am starting to have hope that CDPR knows what they are doing and will fix this mess, if they manage to get it to aThis is the first game i have ever reviewed on metacritic. There may be a good game in here somewhere but i cant see it. What a slap in the face, i have never felt this level of awfulness or disappointment from a game before. I was super mad, but after the most recent patch i am starting to have hope that CDPR knows what they are doing and will fix this mess, if they manage to get it to a halfway decent state i will update my review. You cant expect incredible performance on base consoles, but if it runs at 30 fps and looks mostly like the game i was promised i will be happy with it. Expand
  12. Dec 11, 2020
    This was the only game I ever pre-ordered and I trusted CDPR knowing its "consumer-first" approach. My mistake. There's really nothing like a good corporation (how ironic CDPR making a game now about bad corporations in the future).

Anyway, I got a Metacritic account just to express my disappointment with Cyberpunk. I tried to play past the horrible graphics and surreal bugs but I reached the conclusion that this is just a really bad game with a nice story. You can fix the graphics and the bugs with patches, you can't fix bad design decisions.

I got a refund on Amazon.
  13. Dec 11, 2020
    СДПР вы действительно думали что пипл схавает этот кусок кода неиграбельного? Желаю вам что бы вас засудили за обман.
  14. Dec 11, 2020
    нерабочий кусок кода, а не игра. как можно выпускать такое на консолях?
  15. Dec 11, 2020
    I’ll say simply - to sell a game in this form means that you have absolutely no respect for people, either as buyers or as players. Especially when it comes to PS4 or BOX version - I haven't seen such a disgusting picture for a long time (and I'm still playing on PS5 with backward compatibility). How the game works on a regular PS4 is just awful. I do not know what CD Project was guided byI’ll say simply - to sell a game in this form means that you have absolutely no respect for people, either as buyers or as players. Especially when it comes to PS4 or BOX version - I haven't seen such a disgusting picture for a long time (and I'm still playing on PS5 with backward compatibility). How the game works on a regular PS4 is just awful. I do not know what CD Project was guided by and why they decided to release the game in such an obscene form, but I already wrote in support of Sony so that they would return the money to me. And I recommend it to everyone. You cannot pay for a product of this quality. Otherwise, next time their game will not work at all on release and we will wait for patches for several weeks. The company completely lost confidence in my eyes for such a technical state of the game. Shame and disgrace. Expand
  16. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is straight up not playable on the PS4, to sell this is already bad enough but also not giving reviews copies of the console version to the testers are really scammer moves by CD Project Red.
  17. Dec 11, 2020
    It is very sad to rate the game that I have been waiting for a very long time, but I hope our opinions as players and the assessment here will affect the CD project and they will do something with the game ASAP. When you buy a game, you see screenshots taken on the PC version, and when you turn on the console edition, your eyes tell you that you were deceived. All this time we were toldIt is very sad to rate the game that I have been waiting for a very long time, but I hope our opinions as players and the assessment here will affect the CD project and they will do something with the game ASAP. When you buy a game, you see screenshots taken on the PC version, and when you turn on the console edition, your eyes tell you that you were deceived. All this time we were told that the game is being created for the consoles of the previous generation, and that the version on ps5 will be released next year, but how does it happen that the target platform looks so bad? No, of course I understand that there are hardware limitations and so on, but until the very end, hiding how the ps4 version will look from both the players and the press is not the best long-term solution. Low resolution, long loading of elements even when you are in V's apartment, terrible textures for objects that the game itself pokes you with (at the mirror in the apartment, for example), crashes, FPS drawdowns up to 15 and so on. The PS4 version is unplayable, and the native PS5 version is absent at all, maybe it was not worth going out on the console at all, or only going to PS5, if the game is conviend only for new hardware? CD project, did you really know what generation you're making the game for? It's a pity that CDPR just wanted to make money on pre-orders from ps4, my score zero, thx =(
    (sorry for my non-native English)
  18. Dec 11, 2020
    Cyberpunk 2077 in consoles is like having a Ferrari but finding out that this Ferrari is lacking tires, the driver's seat is missing and the engine is busted. It is still a formidable high spec vehicle, but you clearly can't make it reach its true potencial.
    The bugs is the least of the problems, those were bound to happen like every open-world RPG, it's the terrible graphical resolution, the lack of decent framerate and specially the constant crashes that makes this game a trainwreck.
    If any other publisher like Bethesda, Ubisoft or EA had released a games (which they had) in the state they realeased this game, such publishers would had received a gigantic backlash from the fans (which they had as such games as Fallout 76, WatchDogs and Anthem). And yet, because it's CDProjeckt Red it gets a pass?
    "oH bUt tHe GaMe wAs suPpOssEd tO bE pLAyeD on ThE NeXT GeN COnsOlEs Or PC!" I can hear the mouthbreaths say. Yet CDPR announced the game and it followed with trailers and announcements for PS4 and XBOX One, way before the PS5 and XBOX SEX were announced. If the game was never meant for PS4 and XBOX One then don't market and sell a PS4 and Xbox version! CDPR even did the scummy thing of hiding the bad console versions by not showing game footage and not giving review codes. Now I'm pretty sure that if EA did such a thing we would have an army at their doorstep in the next morning, but again CDPR can't do no wrong, and so just keep your head down and consume.
    Don't buy the PS4 and XBox versions, not even for the "free" PS5 and Xbox SEX updated version. Just buy PC or wait for when the ACTUAL Ps5 and Xbox SEX versions comes out.
    And **** CDPR! It is as scummy and **** as any other "AAA" Game company.
  19. Dec 11, 2020
    Unfortunately this is a big letdown, it is not playable in the PS4 .
    Who realises a game in this state is a shame for cd red
    Save you’re money and anger , the worse launch ever
  20. Dec 11, 2020
    Купил за 4500₽ диск с арт-буком и если бы не он то это было бы полное разочарование. На пс4 не тянет!! Как вернуть деньги? Столько шума, а в итоге нас обманули. Видимо cd project так увлекались созданием мира, где всё повторено на кидалове, что перенесли это в реальную Жизнь и кинули нас! Не простительно! Это фиаско!Купил за 4500₽ диск с арт-буком и если бы не он то это было бы полное разочарование. На пс4 не тянет!! Как вернуть деньги? Столько шума, а в итоге нас обманули. Видимо cd project так увлекались созданием мира, где всё повторено на кидалове, что перенесли это в реальную Жизнь и кинули нас! Не простительно! Это фиаско!
  21. Dec 11, 2020
    One of the worst experience about gaming: wasted money and time for a game that I cannot play. It's unbelievable, if this game demands such powerful hardware, why did you sell it for PS4? This is how to disappoint your fans. I'm expecting at least a refound or to get a free version for PS4 or Xbox series X.
  22. Dec 11, 2020
    Quelle déception, tant d'attente pour un jeu injouable, plus moche que GTA5 sur PS3. CDP s'est moqué des joueurs, ils ont caché les versions consoles jusqu'au bout, afin de faire le max de ventes day one. ce jeu sur consoles est une arnaque, n'y touchez pas.
  23. Dec 11, 2020
    The game is unplayable in it"s current state.
    False advertisement and utter dishonesty.
  24. Dec 11, 2020
    The game looks like a game from the ps3 era with ps2 textures and ps1 performance. Well done CDPR you bring backwards compatibility on the PS4.
  25. Dec 11, 2020
    Basically a big scam.

Basically a big scam.

I got the game on PS4 Pro and it's an absolute disgrace. I was fully aware of the fact that the PS4 experience will not be high-end. As a console player I'm used to that and I don't care. However, the product that CD Projekt Red released for console players is far from running smoothly or even being in an acceptable state. The frame-rate is abysmal whenever seomthing actually happens on screen.
    The textures (once they load) are muddy and blurry. It's like having Vaseline in your eyes and shooting enemies comes down to aiming at a red mark, because you can't really make out their faces/bodies if they're more than 10 meters away.
    I can deal with downgraded graphics but if it looks SO MUCH worse than, for example, a 3.5 year old Horizon: Zero Dawn, you're doing something wrong. Worst part is, they apparently knew, as there were no console reviews allowed before the release.
    The game as such looks promising, the atmosphere (from what I've been able to tell) is convincing and the voice acting is great. However, the flaws on last gen are overwhelming and I just can't give this a better score.

Reminder: Don't pre-order games.
  26. Dec 11, 2020
    One of the worst games i have ever played on the PS4. The bugs are atricous and no can defend this. This looks like a early PS3 game and behaves like it too. There is no AI for driver NPC or pedestrians. Such a big flop sadly
  27. Dec 11, 2020
    on ps4, the game is not optimized at all and works in 720p resolution, there is a lot of soap everywhere, such a picture starts a headache
  28. Dec 11, 2020
    Not impressed. Delayed a good few times and the game is clearly not ready for full release.
  29. Dec 11, 2020
    Even 0 point is much for this game. Gta4 is much better dynamics and graphics. Cdpr is finished for me
  30. Dec 11, 2020
    This game doesn't work on ps4, at all. And it's not even an exaggeration. Don't buy this game if you own a base ps4. Didn't expect such a scam trick like this from a highly-praised developer like CDPR. This whole marketing was fake, as they state that Cyberpunk runs "surprisingly fine" on base consoles.
  31. Dec 11, 2020
    This is unacceptable! Console gamers have been scammed. Playing on a PS4 Pro and this game is no better than a early access. Empty streets, FPS as low as 20, stuttering, horrible rendering, t-poses, crashes, bug-loaded, lighting issues, input delays, invisible weapons, glitched scopes, texture pop-in, cars and pedestrians appear and disappear out of nowhere, and the most visuallyThis is unacceptable! Console gamers have been scammed. Playing on a PS4 Pro and this game is no better than a early access. Empty streets, FPS as low as 20, stuttering, horrible rendering, t-poses, crashes, bug-loaded, lighting issues, input delays, invisible weapons, glitched scopes, texture pop-in, cars and pedestrians appear and disappear out of nowhere, and the most visually unappealing “AAA game” on the platform. If CDPR manage to fix just half of this issues I’ll give it a 10/10. But they lied about the state of the game, that it would run well and look amazing on current gen, and hid it from us by not sending console reviews copies to the reviewers. I’m utterly disappointed of a company I truly believed was the best. And for those justifying it by saying “it’s a next gen game” then why did they release it on the PS4? And why is the PS5 running the boosted PS4 version instead of a native PS5 version. Expand
  32. Dec 11, 2020
    I just got scammed by CDPR, Game is impossible to play due to bugs! and graphics look like PlayStation 2. and they still sold the game to the people, even though they knew game is a fail on both consoles Playstation4/Xbox one. this company is a scammer company, they just scammed millions of people playing on base consoles. i want my money if i can't get a refund, i'm going to court. iI just got scammed by CDPR, Game is impossible to play due to bugs! and graphics look like PlayStation 2. and they still sold the game to the people, even though they knew game is a fail on both consoles Playstation4/Xbox one. this company is a scammer company, they just scammed millions of people playing on base consoles. i want my money if i can't get a refund, i'm going to court. i won't stop untill i get my money back. i just paid 60 usd for a unplayable game! dissapointing!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! Expand
  33. Dec 11, 2020
    After all this waiting I just feel like I took part in the biggest scam in gaming history. All those fake "actual PS4 footage" videos and banning reviews of PS4 version prior to release shows that it was all well planned and they just feared that lot of people will cancel pre-orders if they will see how the game really is. And it is horrible, looking like mediocore PS3 game when you'reAfter all this waiting I just feel like I took part in the biggest scam in gaming history. All those fake "actual PS4 footage" videos and banning reviews of PS4 version prior to release shows that it was all well planned and they just feared that lot of people will cancel pre-orders if they will see how the game really is. And it is horrible, looking like mediocore PS3 game when you're lucky or good-looking PS2 game when you're not... When I first started the game I thought that I have my glass off, then that I am looking on original Deus Ex with vaseline all over my TV screen (Corpo origin). And with tons of bugs and glitches, it's almost impossible to have any positive experience. I would like to enjoy the game, but I feel scammed and CD Projekt RED execs are just laughing how they messed up whole PS4 community which even couldn't ask for refund because of stupid SONY politics. Well done, CD Projekt, well done. You should've apologised and post-pone (or cancel) PS4 release as this is not, by any means, product you advertised, but then you've lose all those sweet money you've ripped off your customers who trusted you.

DON'T BUY THIS GAME.
  34. Dec 11, 2020
    A broken, mediocre game that squanders its opportunity to bring something new to the table, resting on the laurels of success from The Witcher 3 and knowingly deceiving its userbase. An extremely juvenile presecence throughout that sacrifice depth for the lowest common demoninator of edge. Incredible to make a Cyberpunk game that manages to say nothing, content only to put the most surfaceA broken, mediocre game that squanders its opportunity to bring something new to the table, resting on the laurels of success from The Witcher 3 and knowingly deceiving its userbase. An extremely juvenile presecence throughout that sacrifice depth for the lowest common demoninator of edge. Incredible to make a Cyberpunk game that manages to say nothing, content only to put the most surface level reads of themes into games. This is without touching on the absolute bug-ridden mess that it manages to be, somehow succeeding in beating even Bethesda when it comes to day-one jank. This alone would bring the score down but when met with repeat transphobia and dubious representation of minorities it's hard to see anything redeeming here. Every facet of the game fails to meet any form of bar from what we've come to expect over the past decade of games. Missions are shallow and monotonous. Barely any of the numeros stalls, shops and businesses are interactable with in any sense and the numerous promises of unique NPC's in this vast city fall completely flat.

A complete unredeemable mess that is most disappointing in its determination to reject any form of depth or substance.
  35. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is an absolute huge steaming pile of garbage. It is by far the worst AAA game I have ever played on PS4. There are too many bugs and glitches. When I downloaded the day 1 patch which was over 40 GB, the game still has so many bugs and glitches. It is embarrassing that this game is on 2 discs, and it still requires internet to download the patch to make it playable. There are tooThis game is an absolute huge steaming pile of garbage. It is by far the worst AAA game I have ever played on PS4. There are too many bugs and glitches. When I downloaded the day 1 patch which was over 40 GB, the game still has so many bugs and glitches. It is embarrassing that this game is on 2 discs, and it still requires internet to download the patch to make it playable. There are too many clipping issues and too many areas in the map aren't solid. So many pop-ins, it reminds me of GTA San Andreas on PS2 but worse.

The story is awful with cringeworthy dialogue. The voice acting is horrible. The lip syncing is also horribly done. The physics in this game has got to be the worst physics I ever seen in a AAA game by far. The ragdoll physics in this game looks like something that I would see in smaller indie game like Goat Simulator. That is very embarrassing for this so-called "AAA" game. Oh, and don't even get me started with the car physics. The cars barely have any physics and the crash physics are so pathetic with atrocious car damage. The crash physics are so bad, it looks similar to the Farming Simulator crashing physics. Speaking of cars, the is no car customization. The gunplay and mechanics look extremely outdated, it looks like something from a 2005 game. There is so many talking parts in this game, to the point that it is basically a movie. The missions are so boring and repetitive, it almost put me too sleep.

The open world in this game is poorly designed. The roads in this game are too skinny. I understand the roads being narrow in a European city, but the developers claimed that Night City is an American city. The skinny roads break immersion, because there is barely any space to park your car on the side of the road. This is very PS2-like while most modern AAA games have roads that are wide enough. The AI is incredibly stupid in this game. And there is nothing to do in the open world, it's boring. Character customization is pointless when you can't even see your player.

The developers that made this game are extremely greedy. They didn't send any review copies or codes for the console version, because they didn't want people to see how broken their game is. By doing this, they know people will buy it day 1 for $60 without thinking twice. This just goes to show how much of a cashgrab this game is. They also kept damage controlling the game before release. For example, they said "don't play it like GTA" and I can see why they said that. When I was trying to mess around in the world like GTA, that is when I encountered so many bugs. Also, they have no right to tell us how to play their game. I paid $60 for this trash, so I should be able to play the game however I want. If they didn't want us to play it like GTA, then they should have made the game linear.

The multiplayer isn't out yet but I heard it will take a year for it to be out. Remember when we had to wait only 2 weeks for the multiplayer in other games, or better yet remember when we had the multiplayer available at launch. This annoying trend of delaying the multiplayer just goes to show how lazy these developers are getting. If the developers can't make a polished singleplayer experience, then I can't imagine how broken the multiplayer is going to be. I find it funny how so many people defend this broken game, just because it's by CD Projekt Red. Had this been Ubisoft or EA, most of those people will make fun of them for years. Just because they give us "free stickers" and cut DLC for free doesn't mean they aren't greedy. They are a business, and all they care is about the money. I don't recommend this poor excuse of a game at all.
  36. Dec 11, 2020
    LOL. 8 years to produce one of the worst games ever made. The worst game I played in 2020.
    CD Projekt Red is the worst studio today. I hated The Witcher 3 and hated BugPunk 2077 even more. Terrible.

Zero? Zero is too much. -1, -5 would be a good size.
  37. Dec 12, 2020
    This is a unacceptable slap in the face for every gamer. Instead of cancelling this "game" for the base models, they knowingly charged money for this hot mess. F*ck you, CDPR.
  38. Dec 11, 2020
    CD P an unplayable mess on the original Playstation 4 with framerates constantly dropping to below 20 and bugs showing throughout the experience (in extremely low resolution). The entire marketing around t
  39. Dec 11, 2020
    Wake the f*** up CD-PR Dev's, you have a game to fix. Bought two copies one for PS4 and one for XB1 sadly i can't play the game on them. It's bad to see that CD-PR scammed us like this. They told us that the game itself is "suprisingly good" at both old gen consoles. But the reality itself hits different. We have a game that runs at 720p and 20 fps. They blaming the consoles like a joke. IWake the f*** up CD-PR Dev's, you have a game to fix. Bought two copies one for PS4 and one for XB1 sadly i can't play the game on them. It's bad to see that CD-PR scammed us like this. They told us that the game itself is "suprisingly good" at both old gen consoles. But the reality itself hits different. We have a game that runs at 720p and 20 fps. They blaming the consoles like a joke. I played The Last Of Us II, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption II on PS4 and Forza Horizon 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus on XB1 without any graphic, texture or FPS issue on these "SHI**Y A** OLD GEN CONSOLES". Never, ever had a problem. It's your problem CD-PR not old gen consoles. Do your job, don't complain. Expand
  40. Dec 11, 2020
    720p и 15-20 фпс в 2020 серьёзно? Отвратительное изображение, производительность и неисчеслимое число багов.
  41. Dec 11, 2020
    The PS4 version is simply unacceptable. Not only are the visuals like an old VHS movie, but there are loads of technical errors. What "bugged" me most was the constant sliding of the cursor. The game just can't stand still, neither in menus nor in the game. Try to hit your target when the aim constantly glides to the side.

I reckon on PS5 and high end PCs the game is great, and I can

I reckon on PS5 and high end PCs the game is great, and I can see the general quality of the overall concept and game play, but on PS4 the game is practically unplayable. If you can't make the game properly on the older consoles, don't claim you can. Instead they only allowed reviewers to play the PC version and by this trick gain 90%. I might buy a PS5 and play Cyberpunk on it, but until then Night City must live without me.
  42. Dec 11, 2020
    It is a shame to sell an unfinished videogame in these conditions. After almost a decade of development, there shouldn't be that much difference between versions. All users of all platforms have the right to be treated in the same way, especially when they are paying for it.
  43. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is full of bugs and glitches it shouldn't be relesed at PS4 or at least sold for a full price.
  44. Dec 11, 2020
    WTF!!!! it should not be sold in this condition at all !!!! 8 years of production started in the days of ps3 .. bugs, frame drops, readings, all blurry ...
  45. Dec 11, 2020
    This is the worst the old generation. Simply it is not playbable and if some want money for that - this is a SCAM. I played on Ps5.
  46. Dec 11, 2020
    I hope they never make video games again, they have absolutely zero talent. Promoting this as "next generation of open-world games" is biggest lie and insult gaming community has ever got.
  47. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is actualy unplayable on pastgen consoles, dont buy cyberpunk 2077.
  48. Dec 11, 2020
    I would love to play new interesting games, but pretending that bad, almost amateurish game is good, doesn't make anything better. It makes things worse, because now everyone thinks they can hype their game for 8 years and then release unfinished, boring mess that has worse npc's than 2008 games. I don't know, maybe "Ghostwire Tokyo" (2021) will be something new? Maybe Hogwarts LegacyI would love to play new interesting games, but pretending that bad, almost amateurish game is good, doesn't make anything better. It makes things worse, because now everyone thinks they can hype their game for 8 years and then release unfinished, boring mess that has worse npc's than 2008 games. I don't know, maybe "Ghostwire Tokyo" (2021) will be something new? Maybe Hogwarts Legacy (2021) ? I have no idea, but "Cyberpunk 2077" ain't it. Expand
  49. Dec 11, 2020
    Hell yeah! Fallout 76 and Anthem finally had a sequel, this is huge win for all gamers on this sad pathetic planet.
  50. Dec 11, 2020
    Cyberpunk 2077 is literally unplayable on last-gen consoles. The game runs at an awful frame rate, textures do not load, everything is blurry, graphics, in general, make you feel like you are playing GTA V on PS3. Absolutely unacceptable. If EA or Ubisoft were to release a game as incomplete and unpolished as this, they would be crucified instantly. Cyberpunk 2077 on its release on 9th genCyberpunk 2077 is literally unplayable on last-gen consoles. The game runs at an awful frame rate, textures do not load, everything is blurry, graphics, in general, make you feel like you are playing GTA V on PS3. Absolutely unacceptable. If EA or Ubisoft were to release a game as incomplete and unpolished as this, they would be crucified instantly. Cyberpunk 2077 on its release on 9th gen consoles is no better than Assassin's Creed: Unity at its launch. People keep saying ''This is a next-gen game, of course it runs poorly on your seven years old console'' but this is an incredibly awful mindset. Cyberpunk 2077 is not a next-gen game. There literally is no next-gen version of the game. Even if you play the game on PS5 or Series X, you play the PS4 or One version with backward compatibility. This is because it is a 9th gen game. It was announced years ago, was finally showcased two years ago, and was delayed three times. If it was not delayed three times it was going to get released months ago, on April 16th. Back then the next-gen consoles did not even have a price tag. Cyberpunk 2077 is a grand mess up on CDPR's part and they owe us console players an explanation. To play this game properly, as it was showcased at events, you need to have a high-end gaming PC. If you don't have one, stay away. Expand
  51. Dec 11, 2020
    It’s unplayable on PS4. Such poor optimization. Open world looks like joke with many bugs. Low fps and often crashs.
  52. Dec 11, 2020
    70€ for a broken game and litteraly unplayable on ps4. Are you serious CD Project Red? I want my money back!!!
  53. Dec 11, 2020
    One of the most important things in this life before we die is enjoying your time on this planet. Doing things that you actually like and enjoy. You don't need to listen Youtubers who are trying to tell you what games you need to play and what games suck. Cyberpunk is unfinished, boring and buggy. Whole city feels empty. There were so many npc's who i tried to talk with and their mouthOne of the most important things in this life before we die is enjoying your time on this planet. Doing things that you actually like and enjoy. You don't need to listen Youtubers who are trying to tell you what games you need to play and what games suck. Cyberpunk is unfinished, boring and buggy. Whole city feels empty. There were so many npc's who i tried to talk with and their mouth didn't even move while they said their two lines. This is NOT next-gen experience. On PS4 this game is literally pathetic, but even on PC (where i played it) it's still buggy and boring. Better graphics doesn't make this game more interesting or less buggy. I saw "moonwalking" npc's, etc. It's extremely overhyped and bad, it's that simple. Expand
  54. Dec 11, 2020
    Here we are. After years of waiting, Cyberpunk is out. I remember the first teaser as if it were yesterday, the first E3, the game's official account on twitter. I remember the birth of the subreddit. I remember the first sarcastic comments under the videos on youtube, the hype that rose with each news and the desire to understand when we would have and play the game. Those were distantHere we are. After years of waiting, Cyberpunk is out. I remember the first teaser as if it were yesterday, the first E3, the game's official account on twitter. I remember the birth of the subreddit. I remember the first sarcastic comments under the videos on youtube, the hype that rose with each news and the desire to understand when we would have and play the game. Those were distant times, I know. The PlayStation 4 was in the best years of his life. Although old age was making itself felt, it was recently that there was talk of mid-gen editions, which would bring a breath of fresh air and quality, to keep up with the times. CDPR began to make promises, to show more, to explain the concept and show the compendium. After introductions and presentations, after the answer to the question 'when does it come out?' they talked about platforms. For them, this would probably have been the last great game to mark and close this generation's era, always looking to the next to increase the quality of the game and the gaming community. Years have passed, development has gone on, we have had the first gameplay. A game that, with its new graphics and breathtaking setting, made everyone dream. Especially the people on Ps4. "How is it possible that it runs well on Ps4?" this was the questions of the community. The answer CDPR gave: 'everything is great, the game runs very well.' 'CDPR has been working on this game since ps4 was the maximum achievable for consoles.' Wow, now the game comes out on December 10th just 'cause they are still working on the Ps4/xbox one version of the game! What a great company! December 10th arrives, or maybe not... December 5th. Copies arrive, strangely. The game is **** 'Wait for the day1 patch': said by those who have always and only believed in the dear CDPR. Then the official news: with the day1 patch the game would have been completely different. But what do you want it to be? They worked for years only on the Ps4 version and had time to decide not to support it if it wasn't looking good. We wait the patch. December 10. The game is out. And now we are here, waiting for other patches, after too many years of development, a few MONTHS from the release of the ps5, which is nowhere to be found. The game doesn't run well. To say the least, it doesn't run at all. It is unplayable. A fraud. Cyberpunk 2077 for ps4 is a pretty good scam. CDPR has not took any compromise: just to give everything there is on the other platform (to wink at those who play it on Ps5, who are currently playing it in early access since the game is CURRENT-GEN until next year, when the NEXT-GEN patch will be released), CDPR has given a game that does not maintain 30fps even in closed space, with Pop-in problems and even 3-4 crashes in an hour of session. Do we remember the latest gameplay released? The ones where there were sarcastic comments about aiming. Perhaps that, among the many lies that CDPR said on the PS4 version there was the truth: keeping aim on this game is impossible. Due to the fact that it is not controller-friendly, due to the fact that only by holding the weapon you lose 5fps, in the missions where there is action, the only thing you can do is put V behind a wall. The city is empty, and when it isn't, the AI is stupid. 720p... in 2020.
    Driving? On the mechanics, the game has given more than it probably expected: it is fluid, beautiful and pleasant. Too bad that driving on this platform means going back to the ps2 era. The lights, the shadows ... Non-existent, graphic glitches that haunt you in special parts of gameplay where you will be able to play above 27fps. Endless bugs, NPCs behaving abnormally, mission that are a waste because of the low Fps and drain.

The game can take up to 10 seconds to render a single object on the ground, and I'm not kidding. The feeling is that this is a PC port: what's the point of giving me graphic details such as the 'pins' on the road if I see them appear when I am practically on them? One of the many mysteries of this version. The feeling is that CDPR only worked for a few months on the title on this platform, doing it reluctantly. The free upgrade to next-gen does not justify the fact that this game is incomplete and that it looks like a tech-demo. I doubt that with the patches anything important and concrete will be solved: this game became next-gen when CDPR decided it, after lying for years about the PS4 version. Cancel, return your order. It's not worth it. It's a waste of money. The Cyberpunk experience on consoles, for me and many users, ends here. See you next year, when perhaps the game will no longer be in Early access. And until then, 10/10 for concept and story, NC. For the rest, it was just hype.
    After this amoujt of time you can't release a game in this terrible condition and be silent about it. Yeah, wait for 'the patch'. They had too many times to patch the game.
  55. Dec 11, 2020
    Don't buy it for PS4. It's unplayeble. 720p and 15 fps in open world... Are you serious? Why don't you cancel this game for past gen consoles, if they can't run it? It's really, really, REALLY BAD.
    Maybe it's a good game, but it's not for ps4 or xbox one
  56. Dec 11, 2020
    The worst thing that can happen to you in 2020. Find yourself in quarantine with ps4 and this game.
  57. Dec 11, 2020
    This game looks like its from 2009 with poor quality, low res textures and a ton of bugs. Companies have done better with less.
  58. Dec 11, 2020
    Отвратительная производительность на консоли PS4. Не счесть количество багов, в том числе и визуальные баги с переосвещенными белыми локациями, NPC с серым цветом текстур, куча непрогруженных текстур, объекты в воздухе. Ладно бы просто баги, можно было бы хоть как то поиграть, но FPS держится на уровне 20, падает порой до 15, это вообще недопустимо. При этом отвратительное качествоОтвратительная производительность на консоли PS4. Не счесть количество багов, в том числе и визуальные баги с переосвещенными белыми локациями, NPC с серым цветом текстур, куча непрогруженных текстур, объекты в воздухе. Ладно бы просто баги, можно было бы хоть как то поиграть, но FPS держится на уровне 20, падает порой до 15, это вообще недопустимо. При этом отвратительное качество графики. Из-за всего этого мне пришлось купить игру на ПК отдельно, и из любопытства на пк я выставил качество графики на минимум и разрешение рендеринга 50% при FullHD, что эквивалентно 720p, и я получил абсолютно такую же картинку как на консоли, из чего можно смело сделать вывод что хоть разрешение игры на ps4 динамическое, но большую часть времени оно составляет 720p. Плюсом играть мешает постоянные вылеты игры с ошибкой (CE-34878-0), за 15 часов игры было 9 вылетов, в среднем это вылет раз в полтора часа. Абсолютно неиграбельный кусок кода. Обидно что оформил предзаказ в мае и ждал столько времени. Expand
  59. Dec 11, 2020
    DON'T BUY - THIS IS SCAM NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY AND TIME. TRUST OTHER COMMENTS!
  60. Dec 11, 2020
    Terrible graphics. A complete disappointment. Couldn't play for more than two hours. I feel cheated.
  61. Dec 11, 2020
    The story is there but the graphics are terrible. It feels like an old PlayStation 3 game. PS5 and PC look amazing but for regular PS4 players, the game is a pathetic excuse. Don't blame it on PS4 being an older console because Assassins Creed Vallhalla looks amazing and so does Red Dead 2, The glitches ad bugs are also very prevalent and it crashes all the time. CD needs to fix this gameThe story is there but the graphics are terrible. It feels like an old PlayStation 3 game. PS5 and PC look amazing but for regular PS4 players, the game is a pathetic excuse. Don't blame it on PS4 being an older console because Assassins Creed Vallhalla looks amazing and so does Red Dead 2, The glitches ad bugs are also very prevalent and it crashes all the time. CD needs to fix this game for base PS4 and XBOX if they want this game to receive amazing reviews. Expand
  62. Dec 11, 2020
    Biggest disappointment of the decade! Bugs, performance issues, very short origin story, the world is an empty shell. CD Projekt Red had deceived gamers by not showing the footage on base last gen consoles. Avoid at all costs.
  63. Dec 11, 2020
    Quantum Break (2016) had more depth, better graphics, better effects and AI than Cyberpunk 2077. Saying that Cyberpunk 2077 is good next-gen masterpiece or even good video game would be direct insult to every other video game publisher/developer that has made way better video games 2 to 15 years ago. Some of these companies would be "Rockstar Games", "Remedy Entertainment", "Capcom",Quantum Break (2016) had more depth, better graphics, better effects and AI than Cyberpunk 2077. Saying that Cyberpunk 2077 is good next-gen masterpiece or even good video game would be direct insult to every other video game publisher/developer that has made way better video games 2 to 15 years ago. Some of these companies would be "Rockstar Games", "Remedy Entertainment", "Capcom", "Bethesda", "id-Software, "Insomniac Games", "FromSoftware", "Crytek", "Nintendo EPD", "Tango Gameworks" and yes, even "Ubisoft". Expand
  64. Dec 18, 2020
    После патча 1.05 дела на PS4 Pro улучшились. Далеко не идеально, но уже играбельно. Оценку поднимаю и жду (хотя осадок все равно останется) дальнейших изменений.
  65. Dec 11, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Voilà plus d'une année que j'attends ce jeu pour au final être pris pour un idiot!
    C'est inadmissible!!!!
    En essayant de jouer j'ai l'impression d'être sous l'effet d'alcool tellement l'image est flou et dégueulasse.
    Il est lent et moche au point que je comprends à peine ce qui se passe à l'écran
  66. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is not working on PS4 it can be broken ? How is possibl ? Why ? Why ?
  67. Dec 11, 2020
    Have Bug Big bug have big glitch 20 fp way way not good.very bad game in history
  68. Dec 11, 2020
    720p :/ ps4pro bad so bad graphics ps3 graphics all game best ceyberpunk 2077 so bad
  69. Dec 11, 2020
    It's time to wait to for that GTA 6 in 2025, because pretty clearly Rockstar Games is only company who knows how to make actual next-gen open world modern cities. Everyone else is either "just okay" as Ubisoft with Watch_Dogs (2014) or absolutely terrible as CdProjectred with Cyberpunk 2077.
  70. Dec 11, 2020
    Released "for" PS4, Xbox and PC but does not play well at all on the former two consoles. On PS4 the resolution is around 720p, occasionally managing 30fps but generally not. It is simply unacceptable for a £50 product. Regardless of the age of the hardware, the game has been developed specifically for it.
  71. Dec 11, 2020
    Terrible game, CDPR scammed everyone with their false marketing, false promises and high expectations set. Regret wasting money on this pile of trash, FIX THE GAME
  72. Dec 11, 2020
    This game is a Mess on Ps4. Bugs, Low framerate, terrible Resolution, Glitches everywhere.
    And Cd-pr not giving reviewers early copies of the Console version, so people could see how it would run before they bought it is Scummy.
  73. Dec 11, 2020
    Cyberscam!
    The game is not playable. This version is alpha product that shouldn't come out. There are no peds in the city, graphics are terrible, textures load slowly. Shame on you! Give me back my money!
  74. Dec 11, 2020
    This game feels like amateurish average game from 2015. I don't know what they did with all this time, but it's very clear that they weren't making this game, that's for sure. If they really spent 8 years on THIS, they should give up game development right now, literally everyone who worked on it should quit, because i have news for you: you have absolutely no talent. Only good part wasThis game feels like amateurish average game from 2015. I don't know what they did with all this time, but it's very clear that they weren't making this game, that's for sure. If they really spent 8 years on THIS, they should give up game development right now, literally everyone who worked on it should quit, because i have news for you: you have absolutely no talent. Only good part was music, that's it. Expand
  75. Dec 11, 2020
    Absolute mess of a game that fails at everything it tries. Dead open world, terrible AI, terrible gameplay, shallow RPG mechanics, pointless crafting system. Performance and visuals are awful, and it's full of game breaking bugs.
  76. Dec 11, 2020
    Dej Pan spokój. Gra chodzi fatalnie, ma dużo bledów i nie nadaje sie nawet do bete testów. 0/10
  77. Dec 11, 2020
    "Консоли для нас в приоритете" говорили они, "Cyberpunk 2077 на консолях выглядит потрясающе" говорили они. Вот и доверяй им б**дь после этого...
  78. Dec 11, 2020
    Don't buy this game.

Wait. Maybe hopefully you'll get a PS5 and this game with PS+ once it's completely fixed and they baked the rest of the game.
  79. Dec 11, 2020
    CD Projekt Red are the worst scammers in the video game history, you don't deserve our money
  80. Dec 11, 2020
    It doesn't matter if they fix bugs or not, this game is still amateurish trash at best. Open-world is empty and lifeless. One of the worst npc's i have seen in any open-world game ever. This game makes Watch_Dogs (2014) look like game of the year and now that i think about it, it wasn't even that bad, specially compared to Cybertrash2077.
  81. Dec 11, 2020
    Great game with huge focus on story, characters and world building. I dont remember last time when the rpg story absorbed me so much. Yes there are few bugs here are there (playing on ps4pro), but nothing gamebreaking. Usually minor visual glitches. If you like story RPGs this is simply game for you. If the small bugs bother you too much, then this will be a game for you after few updates.Great game with huge focus on story, characters and world building. I dont remember last time when the rpg story absorbed me so much. Yes there are few bugs here are there (playing on ps4pro), but nothing gamebreaking. Usually minor visual glitches. If you like story RPGs this is simply game for you. If the small bugs bother you too much, then this will be a game for you after few updates. But it one the must have eigter way. (sooner or later) Expand
  82. Dec 12, 2020
    Unplayable garbage, CDPR scammed us and lied to us they didn't show console footage before launch because they knew that no one would buy this dumpster fire if they did, that "runs suprisingly well on consoles" was a LIE to trick people into buying this trash
  83. Dec 12, 2020
    Great game but ULTRA buggy. They sold us a beta version for 70 €. I feel scammed.
  84. Dec 12, 2020
    Very, very bad optimization. Impossible to play!!!! The graphics are terrible!
  85. Dec 12, 2020
    This game is so futuristic. You have to wait for the future in order to play it.
  86. Dec 12, 2020
    Honestly this games fun but 65$ for a half finished game equals 0/10. This game makes fallout 76 look like god of war. And to be fair, cdpr was never really that good. Idk why y’all thought this game would be life changing, it’s just borderlands w deep role playing
  87. Dec 12, 2020
    The game looks TERRIBLE on my PS4 Pro and it runs terrible. I have experienced at least 6 crashes in the last two days, often at key moments in a quest. I have watched streamers on Twitch play the game on their fancy PCs and it looks amazing so amazing that it looks like a completely different game! CD Projekt Red purposely hid console gameplay in order to hide these issues. I want aThe game looks TERRIBLE on my PS4 Pro and it runs terrible. I have experienced at least 6 crashes in the last two days, often at key moments in a quest. I have watched streamers on Twitch play the game on their fancy PCs and it looks amazing so amazing that it looks like a completely different game! CD Projekt Red purposely hid console gameplay in order to hide these issues. I want a refund and I feel stupid for buying this game on launch. Expand
  88. Dec 12, 2020
    After months of hype this is what we get? This never should have released on base ps4. I can forgive bugs but when it comes to performance it is typically unplayable. What an awfully anticlimactic way to end an 8 year old project.
  89. Dec 12, 2020
    Huge disappointment .. I don't understand what happened .. We've been waiting for this for years? I'm shocked ...
  90. Dec 11, 2020
    Simplifying this, this game runs really badly in the Ps4 pro and the resolution is horrible as well. Probably to be expected with the lack of console review codes. An embarrassment to the developing community and a complete disappointment on the CDPR team. Not to touch without at least 6 months of patches or try to find a Ps5 to play it.
  91. Dec 11, 2020
    Дорогой кусок "мыла".Неиграбельный и багованный
  92. Dec 11, 2020
    This game needs to fixed asap. Until then my rating will be zero. Too many graphical downgrade and glitches.
  93. Dec 12, 2020
    What an awesome game and what an aweful optimization. You just raped us and stole our money CDPR
  94. Dec 12, 2020
    One of the worst game i ever played. The graphic is a literal **** Change my mind
  95. Dec 12, 2020
    This game is a fraud on Playstation 4, a horrible technical execution. All potential thrown in the trash
  96. Dec 12, 2020
    The game is literally unplayable on its current state, looks like a pixel mess on slowmotion.
  97. Dec 12, 2020
    Horrível, Horrível Horrível Horrível Horrível Horrível Horrível Horrível Horrível Horrível.
  98. Dec 12, 2020
    100% broken, unplayable & unfinished garbage. I don't remember watching a game as filled witrh bugs and so unfinished like this one. This look like a really bad joke, the performance issues are so severe that the game is not possible to play. Freezing each few seconds, Not even rendering the world, and way too many game breaking glitches. Not even mention the pathetic sjw and the hideous100% broken, unplayable & unfinished garbage. I don't remember watching a game as filled witrh bugs and so unfinished like this one. This look like a really bad joke, the performance issues are so severe that the game is not possible to play. Freezing each few seconds, Not even rendering the world, and way too many game breaking glitches. Not even mention the pathetic sjw and the hideous charactrers. The NPC AI is one of the worst I have seen so far. GTA 3 is 1 million times more polished than this trash, and GTA 3 came out almost 20 years ago. This ps4 version is just a blatant scam Expand
  99. Dec 12, 2020
    A dissapointing buggy unplayable mess, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IN IT'S CURRENT STATE.
  100. Dec 12, 2020
    Depois de anos de espera, com a promessa de ser um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos, baixo isso e me sinto um completo idiota por ter gasto minha grana nessa coisa (me recuso a chamar isso de jogo), cheio de bugs, os gráficos mais ridículos que já vi no PS4, desisti dessa atrocidade com menos de 1 hora de campanha, parabéns CD Projekt, todo o prestígio que conseguiram com the witcherDepois de anos de espera, com a promessa de ser um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos, baixo isso e me sinto um completo idiota por ter gasto minha grana nessa coisa (me recuso a chamar isso de jogo), cheio de bugs, os gráficos mais ridículos que já vi no PS4, desisti dessa atrocidade com menos de 1 hora de campanha, parabéns CD Projekt, todo o prestígio que conseguiram com the witcher 3 foi jogado no lixo com essa coisa... Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 37 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 8, 2021
    This five and a half is especially for you, Metacritic.
  2. Feb 10, 2021
    Cyberpunk 2077 is a game brimming with potential, and it damn near reaches it on so many occasions, but the pitfalls of its development ultimately drag it down. There's still a lot to like here for RPG fans and lovers of the genre, but it's far from the generation-defining masterwork that the world was waiting for.
  3. Feb 5, 2021
    Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious, open-world game, and Night City feels alive, but it's often contradicting itself on its core aspects and often does the basics to get by.