7.3

1. Nov 8, 2019
    Is a very monotonous game, it has great music and world detail, but no more. The story is compelling but not enough to compensate for the immense boredom.
  2. Nov 9, 2019
    Definitely a waste of $. Good graphics and odd cinematic, but everything else is boring and stupidly over complex. You'll spend more time managing inventory and traversing overly detailed, poorly explained menus than you will actually doing something other than hold R2 or L2 to walk. The idea of different terrain aspects impeding your traversal is interesting, but Kojima doesn't doDefinitely a waste of $. Good graphics and odd cinematic, but everything else is boring and stupidly over complex. You'll spend more time managing inventory and traversing overly detailed, poorly explained menus than you will actually doing something other than hold R2 or L2 to walk. The idea of different terrain aspects impeding your traversal is interesting, but Kojima doesn't do anything else with it other than make playing the game frustrating. So much with potential, yet the worse possible execution. This game seems more like a money grab so he can start his career making cheesy movies.

The scenery is essentially 1 color pallet per region of the same things; funky terrain in green, magenta, grey, or white. I never knew the US had so many mountains... Many of the predetermined animations for movements locks your character into a path even when you try to change directions. This leads to janky movements, odd traversal, and stupid collisions that could have been easily avoided. The world is really empty, beyond the idea of feeling alone. You never run into other couriers, even though they say they're out there. There's a deer in the opening cutscene, but there are literally no animals in the game. There was more to the world in MGSV than there is here!

In terms of NPCs, there are "characters" in the game that you'll experience through cutscenes, but there's no one to actually interact with beyond holograms of people holed up in a random bunker. the game tries to convey a sense of being alone, but you're constantly interrupted by everyone chiming in. I guess it was too hard to animate actual interactions with NPCs. If it weren't for the few predetermined cutscene/encounters, all of the enemies could be easily avoided and overcome. The enemy AI is near non-existent, even on hard. Pretty much the entirety of quests are all the same overall; be a delivery man. Yes, there are some unique "challenges", such as not getting an item wet, or keeping it "flat". However, it's still the same crap over and over again. Very little variation, which is disappointing and adds to the tedium. Don't expect any unique quests or side storylines.

Overall, the game get kudos for its rendering of mossy rocks and always shiny looking skin. The story is just so cheesy, and not in an artistic way. If this game didn't have the Kojima name behind it or essentially a Sony console exclusive, it wouldn't have gotten any attention. The hype was fake with this one! Keep your money and buy a game from developers that actually care about their customers.
  3. Nov 9, 2019
    The trailers for this game sold me the idea of something awesome, like a spiritual succesor to Metal Gear....
    12 hours on this "game"... and is all about walking and delivering all those packages...
    Clumsy mechanics... same repetitive action... fights or action sequences are extremely infrequent... It doesn't give me any excitement to keep playing. The graphics are nice, and the story seems interesting at best... but that's as far as good things go.
    For me is a total waste of money that I could have saved for some better game.
  4. Nov 8, 2019
    If you ever believed there was a god, then you must be mistaken. This game makes MGSV look and feel like MGS3. The endless grind of walking around and watching meaningless cutscene with characthers we don't even know. There is no connections between us and Sam bridget and his friends. I can't honestly believe that this was the end prodect of one of the most antipaticing games of theIf you ever believed there was a god, then you must be mistaken. This game makes MGSV look and feel like MGS3. The endless grind of walking around and watching meaningless cutscene with characthers we don't even know. There is no connections between us and Sam bridget and his friends. I can't honestly believe that this was the end prodect of one of the most antipaticing games of the decade. It just a meaningless grind of walking around a empty plane. The side quest arent funny and when it tries to be funny you end up feeling sad that you just spent 34 hours playing this game. The characters are not mgs tier character where you get the memes and DNA OF THE SOULS jokes that makes them feel like, instead you stuck with people you dont even like or know. who the hell was the golden skull dude oh he was a co worker. jesus christ this game is so sad. KOMIJA you should have done better Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2019
    The most boring game in the world
  6. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is proof that GAMEPLAY in a videoGame is truly important, I feel bad for bashing this game because the world it self looks pretty, how ever that is the only good thing I can say about this game. Kojima has made some great games in the past but this is not one of them. Buy this game if you want to spend hours upon hours of walking to deliver packages in a game that tries toThis game is proof that GAMEPLAY in a videoGame is truly important, I feel bad for bashing this game because the world it self looks pretty, how ever that is the only good thing I can say about this game. Kojima has made some great games in the past but this is not one of them. Buy this game if you want to spend hours upon hours of walking to deliver packages in a game that tries to reinvent the wheel and fails to do so. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Endless Walking in an unpopulated, drab world, I don't care if I can see individual blades of grass - Prettied-up rubbish is still rubbish.

Enemies pose no risk whatsoever: kill the MULEs, no voidouts happen; get dragged into a Catcher fight, just run away for 30 seconds, the BT "threat" disappears entirely. To think Kojima even bothered putting in a Very Easy Mode...

Strand Game is nothing new, it's worse actually: to connect with others you leave behind bits and vehicles? I'll do you one better, couch co-op. There's better environment diversity and traversal in Minecraft. But there's the Story to look forward to! About that...

Just watch the 11 hours of Cinematic Cutscenes on YouTube for free, the $60 you would've spent would go better to a real game that's actually a game, or fun. As a Sci-Fi and Sword-&-Planet junkie, I can smell a Soft-Magic Deus Ex Machina a mile away and when it's being passed off as a Hard-Science plot device. More like plot hole. Kojima deliberately places the event of the story during a period of Cryptic Mystery of the nature of the Death Stranding, so there's plenty of opportunities to leeway when certain Sci-Fi Junk doesn't seem convenient. Like how Fragile didn't wither to death under TimeFall, or how Lady Strand's Ka and Ha (I by chance alone knew enough Egyptian Fable to know the terms, good luck trying to get an explanation of these concepts from the Game) somehow can survive as independent entities, and don't anybody try to defend it as Extinction Entity Magic. Really, all those millions spent on hiring a celebrity cast could have been better spent on real writers rather than Hideo's own subpar Fanfic scribbles, or getting debut actors their shot earning rave renown from skill alone and not namedrops. At least make for more visual storytelling by doing more showing and less telling. All the human interaction in the Cutscenes can be done entirely live rather than in MoCap. All the MoCap render are them standing and talking, a wasted production value.
  8. Nov 8, 2019
    Gioco incredibilmente noioso che fa da collante per tonnellate di cut-scene. Era meglio fare un film rispetto ad un videogame con questi contenuti.
  9. Nov 8, 2019
    Sorry, but this is a veeeery boring game.. Wish it was good, but a game is not great just because you like the marker..
  10. Nov 8, 2019
    This is how the gameplay works : you delivering stuff to a hologram -> cutscenes -> repeat.
  11. Nov 8, 2019
    We should have never doubted Konami. This **** hack burned through countless millions making an unfinished game that was MGSV and now has delivered a literal 80 hour fetch quest
  12. Nov 8, 2019
    WALKING SIMULATOR, THE MOST BORED GAME and without any purpose other than walking from point A to point B, the only decent thing is music.
    Kojima doesn't know anything about cinematography.
  13. Nov 11, 2019
    it's very boring I don't want to watch a movie I want to play.. a video game is a simulator of walking and repetitions from point a to point b and repeats and repeats to infinity.. UBER SIMULATOR
  14. Nov 8, 2019
    I do not like this game, too slow paced for my liking. Never thought i would be a delivery man. Game looks great but not fun to play. Would’ve been better as a movie than a game, played about 3 hours and i tried to keep going, kept pushing myself to like the game but couldn’t. This game won’t be for everyone, spend your money at your own risk, boredom might come along in your journey.
  15. Nov 8, 2019
    It was more fun to wait that game, read about it, watch trailers and listen to it's soundtrack then actually play monotone hiking simulator.
    If you really have 40+ hours of your life to waste - then wait till this game will be heavily discounted. Otherwise YouTube will provide you with free story movie without need of playing clumsy-50-years-old-man-walking-simulator.
  16. Nov 8, 2019
    Very very disappointed. The game is ruined by awful gameplay mechanics. Probably going to be selling after 5 hours. He couldn't decide if he wanted to make a film or a game
  17. Nov 8, 2019
    I am a huge fan of Hideo Kojima's body of work, and it hurts me to say this but Death Stranding is quite possibly one of the most pretentious, narcissistic, and worst videogames ever made. Run unchecked, Kojima has made a new "genre" called "Strand Action" that is just a glorified walking simulator with an undercooked asynchronous multiplayer system, and lame duck third person melee andI am a huge fan of Hideo Kojima's body of work, and it hurts me to say this but Death Stranding is quite possibly one of the most pretentious, narcissistic, and worst videogames ever made. Run unchecked, Kojima has made a new "genre" called "Strand Action" that is just a glorified walking simulator with an undercooked asynchronous multiplayer system, and lame duck third person melee and shooting that succeeds in challenging only your patience and not you as the player in overcoming meaningful challenges or coming to grips with deep gameplay mechanics. Kojima's insistence of entering Hollywood has made him abandon all reason and the result is a bloated, self fellating "video" game and the polarization of fans of his.

The titular Death Stranding is an event that has destroyed America and drove the people underground as they hide from creatures known as BTs (Beached Things) and a rain called Time Fall that accelerates aging. You play as Sam Porter Bridges, a lone wolf figure who is dragged into uniting a destroyed, divided America via linking the Chiral Network so that we can all be "connected". Kojima's stick and rope metaphors will be repeated ad nauseum over the course of this 40 hour sludge fest, be it in-game communication or the horribly written cutscenes. Kojima's vision for this game is a big open world with absolutely nothing in it, and your goal as the player is to deliver cargo, while doing what you can to get the Chiral Network up and running.

Initially, you are forced to take things slow while you sneak past BTs and try to hike through treacherous terrain while carefully balancing your precious cargo and BB (Bridge Baby). As you get resources from doing deliveries, you can slowly upgrade your stats and gain access to new equipment that helps make traversal slightly easy. Rivers that you can't cross in the beginning might have bridges connecting them later on as online players chip in to create and maintain these structures, ladders can be put up to help you climb steep cliffs, roads can be made so that your vehicles can move quickly unimpeded by boulders or water bodies.

Don't expect anything else from this game. There are no "hidden" gameplay mechanics that Kojima is keeping under wraps. What gameplay you saw in the trailers and previews is what you will get. During your deliveries, you might be attacked by MULES (other Porters like you only they've gone insane due to the dopamine highs of getting likes for deliveries... and no, I'm not joking) who will try to steal your cargo. Damage taken during combat or falls or while slipping can also damage your cargo causing you to lose not just missions but also valuable resources. Fortunately, this is mitigated by the fact that Death Stranding is an utterly easy game, even when played on Hard mode. Every so often during your deliveries, you might even come across BTs and if caught, you'll be dragged into a boss fight that is jokingly easy if you choose to face them head on, or made inconsequential by running away from the fight altogether. And thus, BTs who were supposed to instill a sense of fear in the players end up becoming like a road you can avoid taking. It doesn't help that other boss fights are nothing but jokes where the enemies take their own time in trying to deal damage to you while you fight them without any fear of a decent challenge once you have the weapons necessary to face them head on.

If the story is what you came for, then please, let me save you time by saying that the story in this game is pure fluff and bogged down by glaring plot holes, God-awful writing that can turn even pivotal and poignant moments into cringe fests that will have you wince in pain wondering whether it's a dreadful English translation job or if it's exactly as intended by Kojima. You have one dimensional side characters with ever so idiotic names like Fragile or Deadman or Mama and it doesn't do the game any favour that the names themselves hint as to what their motivations are. It's disappointing because the game's excellent production values and technical fidelity is wasted on such a stupid premise and script. The game truly is beautiful and can at times feel cathartic as you trudge through precarious terrains while braving the elements. These are the moments when the game is at its best but these moments are not enough to uphold the game's systems. The game has a good score with a huge collection of licensed tracks so at least you won't be disappointed in the aural front.

Fan theories of what the game is about is much more intriguing than the absurd mess that is delivered ultimately by Kojima. Death Stranding feels more like a vanity project of his than an industry changer. Kojima wanted to connect gamers by making us build "bridges" in Death Stranding, but if a 40+ hour long glorified walking simulator is the vehicle for building such bridges, then I'd rather burn such bridges and build walls instead.
  18. Nov 8, 2019
    Empezare por las cosas positivas, la música, realmente la música en este videojuego es muy buena, diría que lo mejor junto a los gráficos, y se acabaron las cosas buenas, el resto es infumable, consiste básicamente en llevar paquetes del punto A al punto B mientras un bebe llora. Las físicas malas, el gameplay malo y carece de posibilidades, el combate nefasto, el mundo vacío, SiEmpezare por las cosas positivas, la música, realmente la música en este videojuego es muy buena, diría que lo mejor junto a los gráficos, y se acabaron las cosas buenas, el resto es infumable, consiste básicamente en llevar paquetes del punto A al punto B mientras un bebe llora. Las físicas malas, el gameplay malo y carece de posibilidades, el combate nefasto, el mundo vacío, Si realmente kojima quería hacer un genero nuevo de este videojuego, lo único que ha conseguido nuevo es llevar el aburrimiento a un nivel jamas conocido, el nivel kojima. Realmente uno se plantea, valoraran de forma positiva este videojuego a la hora de buscar trabajo como repartidor en una compañía de mensajería?. Aburrido y absurdo. Correos, ya tiene su simulador personal. Expand
  19. Nov 8, 2019
    Técnicamente es espectacular, y la banda sonora como la historia excelentes, pero estamos analizando un videojuego, y en ese apartado de jugabilidad hay miles de juegos mejores, ni que decir de las misiones de ir de un punta A a un punto B, la verdad estoy muy decepcionado de Death Stranding como juego, no estan para nada a la altura de lo que ves en tu primera impresión.
  20. Nov 8, 2019
    As many media have said this is a tedious and boring game until at least the first 20 hours, also the bosses are bad and the only minimally salvageable is the narrative.

Taking into account all these points and knowing that we are talking about a video game it seems quite bad since the gameplay is quite boring that it is the worst thing that can happen to a video game, if this sells it to me as a movie the same would have put more note
  21. Nov 8, 2019
    Death Stranding is a marvellous graphical achievement but it is also tedious, dull, anti-climatic, boring and most of all a gigantic monument to Hideo Kojima's ego. For the good or the bad, it is more Kojima than any other game developed before. Packed with a bunch of great actors, but also no actual well written characters for them. Mediocre storytelling a lot of monotonous traveling, aDeath Stranding is a marvellous graphical achievement but it is also tedious, dull, anti-climatic, boring and most of all a gigantic monument to Hideo Kojima's ego. For the good or the bad, it is more Kojima than any other game developed before. Packed with a bunch of great actors, but also no actual well written characters for them. Mediocre storytelling a lot of monotonous traveling, a fantastically gorgeous post-apocalyptic continent that barely resembles America to earn Facebook likes. Drink Monster and unify society. An Experience only Kojima can bring us, and absolutely his Magnum Opus. Expand
  22. Nov 8, 2019
    This is a game made for critics, and not the gaming public, its like an art house movie that only the fanciest powder-assed high society types would like. This is a walking simulator of the worst kind, and the frustration and boredom will claim most folks long before they finish it. Walk walk walk, and then turn back around and walk back the way you just came from, all while balancing aThis is a game made for critics, and not the gaming public, its like an art house movie that only the fanciest powder-assed high society types would like. This is a walking simulator of the worst kind, and the frustration and boredom will claim most folks long before they finish it. Walk walk walk, and then turn back around and walk back the way you just came from, all while balancing a stack of boxes on your back that could topple and scatter at any time. This isn't a game, its a bad interactive movie. Don't fall for the hype, this game will be in the bargain bin by the end of the month. Note the difference you will see in the critic score, and the public score, and never listen to the the big gaming reviewers again, they are bought and paid for. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2019
    Worst game ever made this generation all mission's are the same delivery over delivery. Kojima is really overrated developer and i feel extremely disappointed
  24. Nov 8, 2019
    Very boring. world is very very bland.and the quests are nearly all boring fetch quests. walk here pick up this and bring this to another place. and mainly just becomes a bunch of walking or driving, and setting down ladders and other things. very boring and awful boring quests
  25. Nov 9, 2019
    Nice graphics but this is a standard most games reach nowadays. Terrible gameplay just delivering items from A to B. Really bad when you fall over like a QWOP simulator. Much better games out there like outer worlds and even ac odyssey is better than this.
  26. Nov 9, 2019
    Super boring, mostly walking. Has amazing graphics but doesn’t live up to the hype at all.
  27. Dec 8, 2019
    I used to love kojima games but this is the most boring and pretentious piece of crap i've ever seen graphics 10/10 fun 0/10 walking simulator 2019.
  28. Nov 9, 2019
    Lots of boring moments, tedious game, wasted space, is a movie divided into a large piece of clips without connection between them
  29. Nov 8, 2019
    It is the perfect example that a good (or at least interesting) story, an excellent soundtrack and good graphics do not matter at all if the game is completely BORED and meaningless.

Es el ejemplo perfecto de que una buena (o al menos interesante) historia, un excelente soundtrack y unos buenos gráficos no importan para nada si el gameplay es completamente ABURRIDO y falto de sentido alguno.
  30. Nov 8, 2019
    Boring... Is not a videogame, is a film. The first two hours only tocuhed gamepad 12 minutes.
  31. Nov 8, 2019
    Un 2 solo por que anda muy fluido y la música, el gameplay promete para mucho pero parece que kojima piensa que los gameplay tienen que ser tediosos, aburridos y repetitivos.
  32. Nov 8, 2019
    Boring game, a walking simulator with ridiculous enemies and bosses and zero difficulty. Very overpowered by the press but in reality it is monotonous, heavy and the same repertoire of errands
  33. Nov 8, 2019
    The music at the beggining was intriguing then it became a boring fest. Just walk from A to B and balance your character all the time. There is no fun involved at all. I will return it for a trade in.
  34. Nov 12, 2019
    Realizzazione tecnica eccellente...gameplay noioso e ripetitivo... cut scene a non finire...preferisco vedere un film piuttosto che chiamarlo gioco...
  35. Nov 8, 2019
    A depressing, bland, dull, and bizarre experience.
    I won't talk about gameplay because we can all agree this game isn't about it.
    A depressing, bland, dull, and bizarre experience.
    I won't talk about gameplay because we can all agree this game isn't about it.
    But what got me shocked is the number of inconsistencies and lack of common sense in the story ! Almost as if the writers are making it ridiculous on purpose? Conveying some mystery to the players is good but throwing a bunch of different themes without any correlation makes this game feels like a mishmash that doesn't stand on any solid ground ... from the scenery that looks nothing like America, the babies from unknown mothers used as mere tools to detect BTs, the nonexistent population of America that you are trying to "reconnect" together? The ridiculously heavy cargo on a back of a human, and why didn't they thought about using machinery for delivering (e.g drones) instead of risking rare humans in such deadly environment? And let's not even talk about all the paranormal events which the game never care to explain... My brain simply couldn't digest all the inconsistencies.
  36. Nov 8, 2019
    Can't belive this "game" is full price with all the bugs and nonsense going on but hey look its Norman Reedus so it cant be bad! (lol). Konami was right!
  37. Nov 8, 2019
    Game is crap, boring walk simulator, I cant believe this cost me money. Stay away from this game.
  38. Nov 8, 2019
    I want to play a game, not watching a movie, thank you. In the game, you keep walking, again and again until you fall asleep.
  39. Nov 8, 2019
    I would rate it 3 or maybe 4 considering the graphics and music but it was so hyped up and imho does not deserve the hype at all. Critics who give this game above 65-70 are delusional. Probably same guys who gave Joker 3 out of 10. In any case it's a disappointment. Will finish on Youtube with fast forward of gameplay just for the story.
  40. Nov 8, 2019
    Overrated game
    there was an obsessive advertisement
    Sony in her style decided to take marketing and advertising directly (not for the first time) instead of making a good game and spending money on it. the best projects do not need advertising, they themselves label ...
  41. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is an ego driven project thats left unchecked, who actually play tested this and not find it extremely repetitive and boring? The only glue holding this game are the story and graphics and not much else. I love Kojima, but he's due for a dud and this game is it, save your money on something else or heck replay TPP you'll have a better time than going through this slog of a game.
  42. Nov 8, 2019
    I can't believe this game is actually nothing more than a glorified FedEx delivery man simulator, Kojima played us I want a refund
  43. Nov 8, 2019
    Toooooooo boring looks great, trippy cut scenes but If Im supposed to do this for next 40 hours then this is by far the worst gameplay idea for a game.
  44. Nov 8, 2019
    Walking Simulator, Boring Gameplay, Tedious Cut Scenes. A big fail from the overrated kojima
  45. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is so boring and repetitive. I stoped playing after the first 2 cutscenes. It feels empty and over the top. Just like all kojima games, kojima has again no clue how to properly develop a game. This "game" isnt a game. Its a movie.
  46. Nov 8, 2019
    I thought people were exaggerating by calling this game a walking simulator, but boy that's what it is.
  47. Nov 8, 2019
    WTF is this. I can say this game is definitely a piece of **** I slept all day long yesterday just waiting for this game and played it until now. I have to say the CG is good and the music is wonderful.BUT!!!!! This is a game, a **** game! What the hell is Kojima ask me to play. I deliver for the first 4hrs, I thought there might be some changes in the later part. But none. Just deliveringWTF is this. I can say this game is definitely a piece of **** I slept all day long yesterday just waiting for this game and played it until now. I have to say the CG is good and the music is wonderful.BUT!!!!! This is a game, a **** game! What the hell is Kojima ask me to play. I deliver for the first 4hrs, I thought there might be some changes in the later part. But none. Just delivering all the time. **** this boring game. Expand
  48. Nov 8, 2019
    Gameplay elements are terrible. It’s given me nothing but frustration and irritation since I started playing it.
    Just when you think it’s starting to play well you get ambushed by overwhelming creature and your controller starts crying. It’s serious tedious and rage inducing.
    It’s self-indulgent crap, 10/10 reviews are kidding themselves.
  49. Nov 13, 2019
    Super aburrido no existe nada en este basto mundo que pueda ser entretenido, y lo vendieron como si fuera un mgs
  50. Nov 8, 2019
    Imagine getting a blank check from Sony and then creating a walking simulator. I guess the budget was spend on famous actors, cause the gameplay is litterally fetchquest Combined with overly long cutscenes, that tell a non interesting story. The menues are non intuitive. Its like he took everything thats tedious and boring and combined it in one game. Avoid this game at all costs.
  51. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kojima and his team were very ambitious with Death Stranding. The ambitiousness of this game is the only reason why I haven't given this a 0/10. Unfortunately unique concepts and my innate desire to support passion projects don't outweigh my value of time, this game completely disregards any semblance of value for their players' time. Death Stranding is said to be more than 50 hours long and according to many it does improve over time . . . But I am only 5 hours in and will not be continuing. The gameplay is grindy, repetitive and slow, it is like being stuck in an infinite fetch quest. And this may get better over time when other players add structures and resources but for me, it was exceedingly frustrating. The combat is basic and repetitive, it's a simplistic button mash followed by running once overwhelmed cycle. The dialogue reads like a 13 year old's HP fanfic (I watched a scene later on which has Mads say 'There's rain falling from my eyes', really?!). The vehicles are janky and at times difficult to control. To those that argue that the reviewers have not given it a fair chance because we simply have not played enough, if it takes more than 10 hours for a game to become bearable then that game has ultimately failed.

The opening of this game is arguably the second biggest obstacle for players after the blatant disrespect of our time. The amount of cutscenes could never be justified in the first place but ultimately, and I think this will be extremely apparent to people who regularly consume arts and media that are narrative-focused, Death Stranding uses so many words to say exceedingly little.
  52. Nov 8, 2019
    Buenas comunidad Gamer, si bien es cierto que es imposible exponer un análisis del juego a pocas horas de ponerse a la venta, comentare mi experiencia en 7 horas de gameplay.

Un juego tiene un musculo gráfico impresionante( Gracias a Guerrilla Games y su motor Décima Engine), pero eso es todo, el juego fue promocionado como un juego para el mercado grande y no para un nicho lo cual fue un error, este juego es de ultra nicho, un juego que carece de gameplay entretenido, misiones de repartidor con ¨Sam¨ super monótonas, le daré la oportunidad de acabarlo para poder dar una critica mas profesional, pero en estas pocas horas me ha parecido un juego con gráficos bonitos, buenas cinemáticas, pero super aburrido en el apartado mas importante que es el gameplay.
  53. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 18 horas de gamplay solo se trata de hacer entregas no hay otra cosa que ofrezca este juego!! Solo es un uber simulator Expand
  54. Nov 8, 2019
    Utter walking simulator and terrible mechanics, waste of money. More cutscenes than actual gameplay too. This should've been a TV series not a game... also Story is totally messed up and it seems as if only Kojima in his head is the only 1 that understands it
  55. Nov 8, 2019
    The game has nice graphics, but terrible bugs, the character falls all the time, gets stucked in little rocks. if you go against the big rocks, you can go through them like a hologram. Mini bosses are harmless, if you keep stand in the same place they will go eventually. Basicaly the AI SUCKS. Veeeeeery large cinematics. MONSTER ENERGY had to pay a lot of
  56. Nov 11, 2019
    Boring walking simulator where you go around delivering loot boxes, over rough terrain and in sometimes adverse weather conditions, overly ambiguous story just for the sake of it

Poor game but graphics are nice
  57. Dec 6, 2019
    The game is boring, it's just walking and climbing.

Shady and disgraceful launch, Kojima Productions made a mistake by collaborating with Sony.
  58. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is complete trash in terms of gameplay, the gamplay loop is completely dreadful it doesn't do anything new outside of making your controller cry, if you are really in need of a baby crying simulator, then go for it, you might actually like it. The paicing is also horrible, I have nothing against cutscenes in games, but the ones of the game are just too long, some a re longer thanThis game is complete trash in terms of gameplay, the gamplay loop is completely dreadful it doesn't do anything new outside of making your controller cry, if you are really in need of a baby crying simulator, then go for it, you might actually like it. The paicing is also horrible, I have nothing against cutscenes in games, but the ones of the game are just too long, some a re longer than a movie, and it would be one thing if the story was good, but it isn't

The story which should've been the redeeming quality of the game is mediocre at best, the narrative of the story makes little sense, there are lots of plot threads that go nowhere and the ending is just unsatisfying.

Not to mention the game does not really justify the fact that this story needs to be told in game form, this could've been a movie at it would be less of a chore, this doesn't do anything for those who belive that the medium is an art form, in fact this has the backward idea that games need to aim at movies to be taken serious.

If you wanna play a story focused game, with decent gameplay that actually shows that there are stories that can only be told via videogames, you are better playing Yokotaro's Nier Automata. But if you are really in need of playing a story focused game with bad gameplay... then play any of the other Yokotaro's games those at least have a good story.

Avoid this at all cost, that said, I cant give this a cero, the graphics are stellar and the music is decent,hell the crying of that baby is quite good so props for that.
  59. Nov 8, 2019
    this GAME IS VERY REPETITIVE delivery sim and the story is beyond lack luster in my opinion but is has some decent graphics and voice acting but their is no game play at least any that is fun
  60. Nov 8, 2019
    Es lo más absurdo que he visto en mucho tiempo. Un mundo inmensamente vacío en el que lo único que tienes que hacer es caminar y caminar hasta que te sangren los pies. Es increíble la publicidad y bombo que se le ha dado a este juego
  61. Nov 8, 2019
    Juego para gustos demasiado específicos. Se jactaron de decir todo el tiempo de que no es un juego para todos, al parecer es un juego para unos cuantos. Demasiada cinemática no compensa la pésima jugabilidad y ritmo de juego. El juego promedio por hora es de 10minutos.
  62. Nov 8, 2019
    Básicamente... El término vídeo juego se le fue de las manos al desarrollador con la parte de "Vídeo". Juego muy monótono que no presenta variaciones de gameplay sustanciales. Si fuera un juego de hace 20 años quizás recib
    iría mejor nota, pero es 2019 y este juego no satisface ninguna de las cosas que esperamos en esta década. Si cabe destacar que se ve hermoso con sus gráficos, pero hasta Microsoft flight simulador se ve hermoso y tiene más gameplay....
  63. Nov 8, 2019
    le doy dos por que es verdad luce genial, y tal vez la historia si puede llegar a ser interesante, pero como calificas un juego a algo que bien pudo ser una pelicula o mini serie que bien pudo estar en netflix.

Las partes jugables son aburridas y sosas, de que sirven los mundo abiertos si son totalmente vacíos y repetitivos, imaginan la paradoja se crearía si un repartidor de Uber eats se lo comprara para divertirse y distraerse un rato
  64. Nov 8, 2019
    Kojima se ha reído de todos sus fans, ha creado una película y ha añadido un gameplay aburrido, descafeinado, sin alma... He de decir que adquirí el juego dos días antes de su lanzamiento, y todo lo que he estado haciendo por ahora ha sido andar como un alma en pena entre montañas, no he podido ver ni un solo animal que de vida a tal desierto, lo único que puedo decir bueno de este juegoKojima se ha reído de todos sus fans, ha creado una película y ha añadido un gameplay aburrido, descafeinado, sin alma... He de decir que adquirí el juego dos días antes de su lanzamiento, y todo lo que he estado haciendo por ahora ha sido andar como un alma en pena entre montañas, no he podido ver ni un solo animal que de vida a tal desierto, lo único que puedo decir bueno de este juego es el apartado técnico el cual es sublime, pero os recuerdo a todos que aquí venimos a analizar un juego y no una película. Esta vez el iluminado de kojima nos ha estafado en nuestra cara, desde aquí os animo a ir al cine a ver una buena película en vez de quedaros en casa viendo la película de kojima, tienes que andar demasiado, le pongo un tres solo por el apartado técnico que vuelvo a repetir es sublime. Expand
  65. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Repetitivo y monótono, falto de vida ,mundo bonito pero vacío, bonita banda sonora .Totalmente Olvidable . Expand
  66. Nov 8, 2019
    I was genuinely excited for this game up until last night. I wanted to believe Kojima had it in him to make another great game. But no. This is legitimately the most disappointing game of all time. What an absolute waste of **** time, energy and resources. I will never buy another Kojima game. **** hell I waited years for this trash. I am struggling to even finish this piece of ****
  67. Nov 8, 2019
    La musica en escenas es muy buena parece una pelicula, los graficos excelentes por no decir que son de 10, no se nota el downgrade con los trailers, pero en cuanto a jugabilidad eres un repartidor que no me divierte ir de un sitio a otro superando obstaculos durante el camino, en algunos casos te toca ir con sigilo pero es así, hay poca emoción en las primeras 4 horas de juego, luego estáLa musica en escenas es muy buena parece una pelicula, los graficos excelentes por no decir que son de 10, no se nota el downgrade con los trailers, pero en cuanto a jugabilidad eres un repartidor que no me divierte ir de un sitio a otro superando obstaculos durante el camino, en algunos casos te toca ir con sigilo pero es así, hay poca emoción en las primeras 4 horas de juego, luego está lo de personlizar tu gorra, los paquetes y las puntuaciones por las entregas, no es un juego para todo el mundo que vienen y le colocan un 0 así por que si, solamente por que odian a kojima el juego simplemente no me gusto , tiene elementos muy buenos pero no son muy bien aprovechados un ejemplo es al salir de la zona de paquetes al rotar la camara por la linea azul se siente el sonido de las montañas y del otro lado rotando la camara no se siente. Expand
  68. Nov 8, 2019
    A história é interessante, e tem lindas cutscenes, mas a gameplay é arrastada, chata, repetitiva, demotivante e desanimadora, estragando assim a história. Como o foco de um jogo deve ser a game play 1 tá mais que justo pra DS. Um dos piores jogos da geração.
  69. Nov 8, 2019
    No e un juego para dirvertirse sino para aburrirse como nunca al inicio y luego de una 25 0 30 horas ponerse un poco interesante in dejar de ser aburrido, siento lástima por quien lo compre esperando algo innovador que emocione y divierta, no lo encontrarán en este juego pero para las peronas que disfruten de las películas se le es recomendable con el modo fácil porque el gameplay no vale nada
  70. Nov 8, 2019
    Death Stranding is a repetitive game, the scenario is like low-budget nanar movies. Only 2 charismatic characters are the others to make pretty . The gameplay is always the same thing, delivered packages from point a to point b. The animation is worthy of a PS2 game. Only the mysterious side of the game is excellent.
  71. Nov 8, 2019
    One hour only walking in a dead World to make a delivery... Sorry.. This is not for me..
  72. Nov 8, 2019
    Well after 8 hours....all I do is walk and fetch quests. Game looks great, trippy cut scenes but If Im supposed to do this for next 40 hours then this is by far the worst gameplay idea for a game. I liked Kojimas previous work all the way from Snatcher and Policenauts but Im disappointed in the gaming journalism that they had no guts to say what they really thought of the game. 10/10 forWell after 8 hours....all I do is walk and fetch quests. Game looks great, trippy cut scenes but If Im supposed to do this for next 40 hours then this is by far the worst gameplay idea for a game. I liked Kojimas previous work all the way from Snatcher and Policenauts but Im disappointed in the gaming journalism that they had no guts to say what they really thought of the game. 10/10 for this? That score is for legendary status games...everyone wrote about the faults yet it got fake 10/10. This is what happens when you dont have anyone controlling Kojima and let his "creativity" flow. Its a walking simulator with celebrities...THATS IT. Expand
  73. Nov 8, 2019
    Terrible writing, boring gameplay (b-but it's a new "strand" genre!), too many cutscenes and it is full of product placement. I give it a 3, because at least building was fun. It was overhyped both by fans and through pretentious marketing that barely shown any gameplay. In case of games like Red Dead Redemption 2 they barely show any gameplay, but you know what you are getting into,Terrible writing, boring gameplay (b-but it's a new "strand" genre!), too many cutscenes and it is full of product placement. I give it a 3, because at least building was fun. It was overhyped both by fans and through pretentious marketing that barely shown any gameplay. In case of games like Red Dead Redemption 2 they barely show any gameplay, but you know what you are getting into, because all Rockstar games are similar. This was supposed to be something new, yet they did not show much. I feel bad for all the people who pre-ordered this and then got ripped off. Expand
  74. Nov 8, 2019
    Boring is the only word I could use to genuinely and honestly describe this game to the average consumer. Upon closing the game after about a 20-hour stent, I had to ask myself if I did gain any enjoyment from this game. I did, but not enough that I could call the game "fun".

Fun is relative of course, but this is the perfect game to test exactly how far your limits on the concept go. Are you truly willing to wade through 5 Hours of walking, delivering and walking again to find those moments where the action picks up and the game seems to begin? If not, this game is not for you.

But when the music rises and the sprawling landscapes are laid bare in front of you, the game is pleasant, enjoyable but fun? That's the judgment that the individual must make and not simply read or watch online. I didn't talk much about gameplay here but that's mainly because the "game" very often forgets it too.

Death Stranding is exactly what you expect from a Kojima game. It's confusing, beautiful and massive. But whether it is fun, is subjective, completely depending on taste and preference. For me, it was not an enjoyable experience, the limited fun I had didn't make it up for its large patches of boredom. Some will love it and some will hate it. Its a game to be experienced and talked about, not played.

75. Nov 8, 2019
    So I think the game is so barren. Sure it looks beautiful and the story is great. But you don't do anything else like running from A to B. It is a postman simulator. The effect of the beautiful Open World has quickly faded away. If Kojima wants to make a film, please do so. But please not a playable movie. This has annoyed Heavy Rain before. Why something like that again?
  76. Nov 8, 2019
    This is definitively an OVNI. Graphics are great, story is strange but gameplay is terrible. For 5 or 10$ this is something to try but NOT at full price. I don't recommend it. Wait for discounted price.
  77. Dec 6, 2019
    Purchasing this game was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. This is NOTHING like Metal Gear Solid... there is no real gameplay! It is just the most repetitive and boring and uninspired fetch quests you can imagine. I thought the people who were calling Death Stranding a "walking simulator" and "interactive movie" were trolls and Konami hired agents or something, but they werePurchasing this game was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. This is NOTHING like Metal Gear Solid... there is no real gameplay! It is just the most repetitive and boring and uninspired fetch quests you can imagine. I thought the people who were calling Death Stranding a "walking simulator" and "interactive movie" were trolls and Konami hired agents or something, but they were right. There is literally no FUN to be had with Death Stranding, it is a walking simulator interactive movie. I wish I could get my money back, don't make the same mistake as I did. From now on, i will never ever purchase a game made by Kojima Productions, they are not a game developement studio. Expand
  78. Nov 8, 2019
    After hours and hours of playing this game and trying to love it. I have faced the fact that this game is soo boring. It just isnt fun at all. it is like a fedex and walking simulator with minimal combat. This game has disappointed me to another level also because of all the hype around it. I dont know how some people can enjoy this game but thats their opinion or maybe they are justAfter hours and hours of playing this game and trying to love it. I have faced the fact that this game is soo boring. It just isnt fun at all. it is like a fedex and walking simulator with minimal combat. This game has disappointed me to another level also because of all the hype around it. I dont know how some people can enjoy this game but thats their opinion or maybe they are just trying to like it because it is hideo kojima's game. The reviews on this game are soo mixed. I want to play an enjoying game, not walk around and experience a move like game. Posssibly one of the biggest disappointments of 2019. Terrible and boring game..... Expand
  79. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overhyped and well not much to deliver gameplay is repetitive and boring but not as boring as the world Expand
  80. Nov 8, 2019
    Comprei, juro que tentei pessoal, mas não dá não... Dropei 4 horas depois nesta madrugada.
    So os gráficos e as músicas salvam, de resto, um belo simulador de sono.
    Vou é tentar pedir reembolso, por que isso aqui não dá mesmo não, joguei mesmo meu dinheiro fora.
  81. Nov 8, 2019
    Worst AAA you've ever played, ruined by game-play mechanics and cut-scenes.
    Good thing about this game is 7/10 from graphic but not Horizon zero dawn level even though they're using same engine.
  82. Nov 8, 2019
    It is strange that a genius did not understand that in the open world there should be a bandage to study it, the world should not be empty and there must be exciting gameplay otherwise boredom and walking, and I can watch videos in YouTube, well, it’s clearly not worth the money !! !
  83. Nov 11, 2019
    Very disappointed with this game, I was expecting something more than a glorified walking simulator. Graphics are great, but absolutely no sustainable gameplay. Walking across America just doesn’t cut it.
  84. Nov 8, 2019
    Who would ever think that a nonsensical, pseudo scientific, pseudo spiritual, pseudo metaphysical, fully stoner story could be enticing for some and sponsored by a full Sony budget.
    If this were narrated by Cheech and Chong and called "C&Cs nightmare" I would at least understand the underlying sarcasm.
    Made by a guy who used to be part of the MGS series team and was fired for being unbearable, the game breaks new ground as it tries to take the indie 'contemplative' genre to the AAA arena. Plays as a cross between paperboy and frogger in 3d, with great emphasis on Skyrim's and FOs own encumbrance juggling gameplay.
    The whole social media gameplay factor, appeals to the likes starved teenager and focuses on forcing cooperation with strangers. If you cant get that tons of likes on instagram. Maybe you'll luck out by placing a ladder in a great spot in DS.
    Graphics are top notch, though the landscape is absurdly not coherent with the source material.
    Features 11 tv series actors. and... not much else... It's defiantly NOT art.
  85. Nov 8, 2019
    This is not a game. It’s a walking simulator with a pretentious story thrown in. Kojima has made some great games in the past, but everyone makes mistakes. Death Stranding is his mistake. I want to play games that are fun. If it’s not fun why bother? And this game isn’t fun in the slightest. So I won’t bother, and I suggest you don’t either.
  86. Nov 16, 2019
    It wasn't konami who needed kojima, it was Kojima Konami. So much remains when a supposed genie works "alone". The story is an absolute joke. Trash dialogues and characters. The script should have been written by someone with a talent for it and the gameplay should have made someone who doesn't always scream out into the world how great he is. Less Twitter and more craftsmanship.
  87. Nov 8, 2019
    Insoportable, repetitivo hasta decir basta, sin historia, sin acción los combates son lamentables solo pulsando un botón matas a cualquiera, y todas las misiones son de Recaredo en un mundo vacío. Le doi un 1 por la banda sonora que es lo que más me ha gustado.
  88. Nov 8, 2019
    Gameplay sopirifero un anti juego donde ni siquiera valen la pena las abundantes cinemáticas. La mayor decepción de la generación.
  89. Nov 8, 2019
    Very bad and boring game, this score is payed by kojima who btw makes awful games
  90. Nov 9, 2019
    I have never in my life played a game so presumptuous of the player's tolerance of its own shortcomings in pacing, so sure of its ability to deliver a compelling narrative, so praised for its avant-garde approach to gaming, so confident of its unsubtleties in presenting its themes, so grandiose in its design philosophy and system, while simultaneously being mediocre in every aforementionedI have never in my life played a game so presumptuous of the player's tolerance of its own shortcomings in pacing, so sure of its ability to deliver a compelling narrative, so praised for its avant-garde approach to gaming, so confident of its unsubtleties in presenting its themes, so grandiose in its design philosophy and system, while simultaneously being mediocre in every aforementioned aspect.
    Unrestricted abberance of an egotistical mind hidden behind dazing spectacles, treating the player not as an active agent of the world but as a mindless passenger, to the point where one sometimes wonders whether he is Sam or the naked baby he is hauling, monotonous gameplay linked together with "artistic" cutscenes hither and thither, worthy only of people with low self-respect and extreme masochism. If the Strand genre symbolizes gold-plated garbage bins sewed together with haughty narratives, this game may be the best one yet.
  91. Nov 9, 2019
    I can't believe what I'm saying this, but Death Stranding is the biggest disappointment of the year. The game looked like a fantastic concept to be both wierd and awesome moments, but instead Kojima has ruined it with the whole game being a fetch quest. The beginning had a cool opening, but the overall experience was horrible, insanely boring and nothing exiting moments. I think it's safwI can't believe what I'm saying this, but Death Stranding is the biggest disappointment of the year. The game looked like a fantastic concept to be both wierd and awesome moments, but instead Kojima has ruined it with the whole game being a fetch quest. The beginning had a cool opening, but the overall experience was horrible, insanely boring and nothing exiting moments. I think it's safw to give this game 3/10 and Kojima's worst game in history. Expand
  92. Nov 8, 2019
    This its a really bad game, i expect more snd its boring, kojima try make a zelda botw with uber eats combinación, its smoke, dont buy it its the same smd the same all game, delivery and delivery
  93. Dec 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es un simulador de fedex. Todo el juego se trata de entregar paquetes, y supuestamente iva ser un nuevo genero. El genero del matar a sus usuarios del aburrimiento. Expand
  94. Aug 21, 2020
    After playing this launch game and spending € 70 I have been obliged to create an account and notify the rest, this game is unplayable every two minutes you get an alert to explain something or you get mother and tell you the obvious thing is the new navi of videogames, get you to hate her and finish the hell out of it ... there are characters that come out just to explain things to youAfter playing this launch game and spending € 70 I have been obliged to create an account and notify the rest, this game is unplayable every two minutes you get an alert to explain something or you get mother and tell you the obvious thing is the new navi of videogames, get you to hate her and finish the hell out of it ... there are characters that come out just to explain things to you and when they are about to finish and you finally say I'm going to play this garbage the last sentence of the character is, now I'm going to mother to explain exactly the same thing that I just explained to you and screw yourself a little more and back to wasting time listening to exactly the same thing again, (the number of times I shook the controller of the ps4 to screw the fetus, the game **** me because I **** the fetus that sweet revenge and relief of fools is the only accidental entertainment of the game) the combat is boring as hell, it consists of being still waiting to be hit with the spear to turn and give them a g olpe that ends in cutscene, which you hardly ever see because the delivery boy's backpack barely lets you see anything, you suffer every time they send you on an order, instead of being a cause for joy, you pray that you don't get a secondary mission and After 1 second of thinking, you decide that it is better not to do it and to continue wasting your time in nothing in walking and praying that enemies do not appear and the game becomes even more boring. Its mechanics are horrible and its Gameplay is unplayable Norman Reedus seems drunk the whole game because of the way he walks (and I have no doubt that I would be if I had to film or do all that nonsense in front of a camera) the story is not bad but it is not good either, it seems more like shooting scriptwriters running after a check and copying how much nonsense Kojima released through his mouth, than a thought-out and structured script, I was a fan of Kojima but now I understand that Konami was right and that someone explain to me that It has happened with the press release, it has been given a note that is not consistent with reality or they have not played it or I don't know, but the note is not really that from the beginning, I hope this is worth so that nobody thinks about buying This is my advice to hope that this game is PS + meat and it has cost me a lot to upload this to metacritic, I have closed my session 3 times and I hope this explanation makes you see that it is not review bombing that I know they are going to come out there and if you don't believe me playing the game there is no better teacher than pain. Expand
  95. Nov 8, 2019
    Tengo que valorar este juego como juego y no como pelicula, por eso tengo que ponerle un 3, el juego se basa de ir de A hasta B todo el rato, lo interesante son las cinematicas, llevo 15 horas de juego y es planísimo, todo el rato igual. Lo mejor para mi es pasar por los EVs y dejar que te agarren para tener algo de adrenalina.
  96. Nov 8, 2019
    Aburrido, de no ser por la música y calidad grafica. Es un juego que no se disfruta jugar más de 1 hora. Boring !
  97. Nov 9, 2019
    No es un mal juego pero tampoco es bueno. Regular tirando a malo. Repetitivo, mundo abierto vacío, cinematicas interminables.
  98. Nov 8, 2019
    Vaya basura de "JUEGO", si fuese una pelicula a lo mejor tendria mas nota, pero recordemos que es un "JUEGO" para "JUGAR", no me he aburrido mas en vida. Directo a venderlo.
  99. Nov 8, 2019
    Kojima needs to stop smelling his own farts.
    This can't even be called a game, nothing about it is entertaining, it's just one obnoxious slog to another; while people constantly tell you what to do, a baby screams at you, and you tip over everything as you trek across America.
    Kojima needs to stop smelling his own farts.
    And the boss fights are a complete joke, you have basically hacker NPCs throwing non-stop cheat code items at you.
    But it is beautiful, that's the only reason I'm giving it as high of a score as I am.
  100. Nov 8, 2019
    Es un juego muy repetitivo , su mapa es realmente repetitivo igualmente , no hay mucha diversidad en los escenarios siempre son los mismos , no hay acción ..prácticamente se trata de caminar de un punto a otro , muy tedioso y aburrido , para nada recomendable

Generally favorable reviews - based on 111 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Mar 18, 2020
    Death Stranding is creating a new game genre and therefore paves its own path towards more interactive experiences. It is a brave work thanks to its novelty, which fortunately is not a bragging right for its creators, as it may have seemed, but an exceptional title that will reward the brave who play it. [Issue#299]
    This game does manage to be fun, even if it is one of the heaviest experiences of 2019. Everything from story to gameplay is begging to be dissected, filled with imagery and symbolism -- just like so many Kojima games before this one. Entering Death Stranding, it’s likely that we all thought Kojima’s calling card was lengthy cutscenes and stealth and action gameplay.
  3. Jan 29, 2020
    Death Stranding stands as a powerful author’s game which drives a strong message of how our over-connected society is evolving, and how we can help other players. Unlike many AAA games, it shines on a truly spiritual level. Well written, engaging and visually magnificent, it offers, despite some pacing flaws, an astonishing solo game with elegant multiplayer elements. A unique representation of Hideo Kojima’s talent.