6.4

1. Nov 9, 2019
    Definitely a waste of $. Good graphics and odd cinematic, but everything else is boring and stupidly over complex. You'll spend more time managing inventory and traversing overly detailed, poorly explained menus than you will actually doing something other than hold R2 or L2 to walk. The idea of different terrain aspects impeding your traversal is interesting, but Kojima doesn't doDefinitely a waste of $. Good graphics and odd cinematic, but everything else is boring and stupidly over complex. You'll spend more time managing inventory and traversing overly detailed, poorly explained menus than you will actually doing something other than hold R2 or L2 to walk. The idea of different terrain aspects impeding your traversal is interesting, but Kojima doesn't do anything else with it other than make playing the game frustrating. So much with potential, yet the worse possible execution. This game seems more like a money grab so he can start his career making cheesy movies.

The scenery is essentially 1 color pallet per region of the same things; funky terrain in green, magenta, grey, or white. I never knew the US had so many mountains... Many of the predetermined animations for movements locks your character into a path even when you try to change directions. This leads to janky movements, odd traversal, and stupid collisions that could have been easily avoided. The world is really empty, beyond the idea of feeling alone. You never run into other couriers, even though they say they're out there. There's a deer in the opening cutscene, but there are literally no animals in the game. There was more to the world in MGSV than there is here!

In terms of NPCs, there are "characters" in the game that you'll experience through cutscenes, but there's no one to actually interact with beyond holograms of people holed up in a random bunker. the game tries to convey a sense of being alone, but you're constantly interrupted by everyone chiming in. I guess it was too hard to animate actual interactions with NPCs. If it weren't for the few predetermined cutscene/encounters, all of the enemies could be easily avoided and overcome. The enemy AI is near non-existent, even on hard. Pretty much the entirety of quests are all the same overall; be a delivery man. Yes, there are some unique "challenges", such as not getting an item wet, or keeping it "flat". However, it's still the same crap over and over again. Very little variation, which is disappointing and adds to the tedium. Don't expect any unique quests or side storylines.

Overall, the game get kudos for its rendering of mossy rocks and always shiny looking skin. The story is just so cheesy, and not in an artistic way. If this game didn't have the Kojima name behind it or essentially a Sony console exclusive, it wouldn't have gotten any attention. The hype was fake with this one! Keep your money and buy a game from developers that actually care about their customers.
  2. Nov 9, 2019
    The trailers for this game sold me the idea of something awesome, like a spiritual succesor to Metal Gear....
    12 hours on this "game"... and is all about walking and delivering all those packages...
    Clumsy mechanics... same repetitive action... fights or action sequences are extremely infrequent... It doesn't give me any excitement to keep playing. The graphics are nice, and the story seems interesting at best... but that's as far as good things go.
    For me is a total waste of money that I could have saved for some better game.
  3. Nov 8, 2019
    Is a very monotonous game, it has great music and world detail, but no more. The story is compelling but not enough to compensate for the immense boredom.
  4. Nov 8, 2019
    If you ever believed there was a god, then you must be mistaken. This game makes MGSV look and feel like MGS3. The endless grind of walking around and watching meaningless cutscene with characthers we don't even know. There is no connections between us and Sam bridget and his friends. I can't honestly believe that this was the end prodect of one of the most antipaticing games of theIf you ever believed there was a god, then you must be mistaken. This game makes MGSV look and feel like MGS3. The endless grind of walking around and watching meaningless cutscene with characthers we don't even know. There is no connections between us and Sam bridget and his friends. I can't honestly believe that this was the end prodect of one of the most antipaticing games of the decade. It just a meaningless grind of walking around a empty plane. The side quest arent funny and when it tries to be funny you end up feeling sad that you just spent 34 hours playing this game. The characters are not mgs tier character where you get the memes and DNA OF THE SOULS jokes that makes them feel like, instead you stuck with people you dont even like or know. who the hell was the golden skull dude oh he was a co worker. jesus christ this game is so sad. KOMIJA you should have done better Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2019
    The most boring game in the world
  6. Nov 8, 2019
    Muy Mal KOJIMA el juego no se entiende nada, muy vacio el mapa, la misma mision siemore, videos larguisimos, tuturiales larguisimos, a medida q vas avanzando el juego mas confuso se vuelve la historia entenderla. no compren el juego no merece los q vale.
  7. Nov 11, 2019
    LIXO! Detestei. Gráfico merda, gameplay merda, filmezinho o tempo todo. Na hora de jogar só consigo sentir raiva quando o cara trava nas pedras ou sono, por conta das muitas CG's. PORCARIA! PIOR DO ANO!
  8. Nov 8, 2019
    This game is proof that GAMEPLAY in a videoGame is truly important, I feel bad for bashing this game because the world it self looks pretty, how ever that is the only good thing I can say about this game. Kojima has made some great games in the past but this is not one of them. Buy this game if you want to spend hours upon hours of walking to deliver packages in a game that tries toThis game is proof that GAMEPLAY in a videoGame is truly important, I feel bad for bashing this game because the world it self looks pretty, how ever that is the only good thing I can say about this game. Kojima has made some great games in the past but this is not one of them. Buy this game if you want to spend hours upon hours of walking to deliver packages in a game that tries to reinvent the wheel and fails to do so. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2019
    I would never have thought that I would say this about the Kojima game, but it is the worst game I have ever played. Here the monotonous "gameplay", the plot is on a ripe world, disgusting physics, disgusting dialogues, the plot does not develop. Once again, I am convinced of the venality of gaming journalists and the incompetence of Kojima. I do not understand how this person was able toI would never have thought that I would say this about the Kojima game, but it is the worst game I have ever played. Here the monotonous "gameplay", the plot is on a ripe world, disgusting physics, disgusting dialogues, the plot does not develop. Once again, I am convinced of the venality of gaming journalists and the incompetence of Kojima. I do not understand how this person was able to do MGS 1-3. Or maybe it's not his merit? Expand
  10. Nov 8, 2019
    Gioco incredibilmente noioso che fa da collante per tonnellate di cut-scene. Era meglio fare un film rispetto ad un videogame con questi contenuti.
  11. Nov 8, 2019
    Death stranding is the perfect example of the epoch we live in, where marketing means more than substance. If this game had been published by and independent / indie studio, everyone would have laugh at it.

Ah, before someone says that I'm an hater: I loved MGS saga and I only have a PS4 at home; I was also really hyped about this game. But, let's be honest: this is an insult to the players, it's just a BORING game with NO gameplay.

I can clearly remember the reactions to the first gameplays ironic comments:
    A: "Ahahah, so this is a delivery simulator";
    B: "You stupid hater, of course it's not, do you think Kojima can be so stupid to make a game where you can only deliver stuff? The MGS's gameplay always been depth and funny".

And what about now? The same people laughing at people who were laughing has to defend a game that marketing forced them to love (or their fanboysm for Kojima) by saying: yes, IT'S a delivery simulator, but there's poetry behind it. Come on, really? Obviously I'm not saying this game is crap, the graphic is amazing, the story must be good (MAYBE, how can you all say that the story is amazing if the game came out today?), the sound is great.. but guys, we are talking about a GAME and, if we really want to philosophize, about the need to be self-aware of the infos we are receiving including a strong marketing campaign. I don't know about you, but if you read the reviews using even just 5% of your brain you can clearly see that the reviewers were describing a BORING game with a MEDIOCRE gameplay, and still they gave tons of perfect / almost perfect scores to this game. This is called MARKETING for stupid sheeps, nothing else, and I PERSONALLY AM OFFENDED by it.

The rest of the people can say it's a good experience to walk for 30 hours and can feel smart by doing it (I'm really curious about how many will be enthusiast about it after 30 hours of the same """gameplay"""), but thanks, not me.

We are in 2019, were people try to seem smart liking trash that someone else told them is for smart people only.
  12. Nov 12, 2019
    I played it for about 14 hours and I can't play it anymore, it's the most boring thing I played in years, it's extremely slow and tedious, I even fell asleep playing it (really). Do not buy this garbage.
  13. Nov 8, 2019
    We should have never doubted Konami. This **** hack burned through countless millions making an unfinished game that was MGSV and now has delivered a literal 80 hour fetch quest
  14. Nov 11, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kojima me decepcionou, jogo vazio, apenas caminhada de 40 minutos, pessoal só esta gostando por causa do kojima Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2019
    Sério que colocam nota máxima nesse jogo, não merecia nem nota 2, fui bem bonzinho.
    Vejo que perdemos a realidade do que vemos, infelizmente nós atrapalha a avaliar corretamente um jogo.
    Isso já se retrata como doença.
  16. Nov 13, 2019
    I was waiting for 3 years for this game...ive been so hyped and i enjoyed every last trailers....i praised kojima every day ....but when i playing it i am so disappointed right now....this game is just a fedex walking and biking simulator.... literally all of the main missions and whole of the side missions are fetch quests....map is very big and its so empty...this game reminds me no manI was waiting for 3 years for this game...ive been so hyped and i enjoyed every last trailers....i praised kojima every day ....but when i playing it i am so disappointed right now....this game is just a fedex walking and biking simulator.... literally all of the main missions and whole of the side missions are fetch quests....map is very big and its so empty...this game reminds me no man sky....!this game has so paradox...like we see the animals in the cutscenes but in the gameplay We don't Expand
  17. Nov 12, 2019
    empieza con una cinematica de 45min en la que no se puede elegir un rumbo como muchas otras novelas graficas;
    el juego va de caminar y se deberia poder elegir personajes que hagan cosas diferentes ya que no parece un juego que usa mucho recursos;
    en ningun momento hay sensacion de peligro; historia sonsa de alienigenas fantasmas es lo único defendible; va de caminar y explorar, cuanto
    en ningun momento hay sensacion de peligro;
    historia sonsa de alienigenas fantasmas es lo único defendible;
    va de caminar y explorar, cuanto menos caminas y menos exploras MAYOR puntaje;
    las batallas son automaticas;
    la interaccion con el terreno es normalita e inútil en prácticamente todo momento.
  18. Nov 12, 2019
    Death Stranding es unir el vasto mundo de Zelda Breath of the Wild pero vaciando el mapa, es la lentitud de Red Dead Redemption pero sin posibilidad de que ocurran cosas, es la exploración de los walking simulators pero mal ejecutada.

Las misiones tanto principales como secundarias consisten en viajes de un punto A al punto B y son bastante largos y tediosos, sin nada importante o que te entretenga en el camino, mas que escalar y cruzar ríos, y evitar caer por las piedras y dañar tu carga. Las misiones se tornan repetitivas y aburridas acentuado por un mundo inmensamente vacío y tedioso.

Al principio, controlar a Sam (Norman Reedus) se hace algo divertido viendo cómo se cae cargando los paquetes y tropezando con las rocas que hay por todo un paisaje lleno de montañas, acantilados y ríos. Pero una vez que llevas más de 10 horas dando tumbos, todo se vuelve muy repetitivo entregando paquetes de un lado a otro en un mundo inexistente de vida, con enemigos que aparecen de la nada cada cierto tiempo y que tienen una IA muy mala, más, con algún que otro bug añadido es cuando te llega el gran bajón. Un sistema de batalla, lento, flojo y que es un paso atrás respecto a MGV. Es inusual que el mayor enemigo en el videojuego sean las rocas y los entornos escarpados a pesar de haber también batallas contra jefes, los cuales son las peores batallas contra criaturas enormes que nunca hubiera podido imaginar, simplemente tienes que escapar de ellas mientras les avientas tu mierda y sangre en forma de granadas (no es broma). Estas peleas las puedes evitar fácilmente si escapas en linera recta de ellas.

Más adelante consigues vehículos como la moto, pero constantemente te obligan a abandonarlos para seguir el resto del camino a pie. Cuando completas una misión recibes una enorme cinemática y después te dejan a Sam (Norman) en su habitación bañándose, tomando Monsters y otras tantas cosas innecesarias como romper la cuarta pared, o sea kojimadas en toda la habitación. Sobre el niño, feto BB o como quieras llamarlo, solo diré me recordó al molesto bebe Mario xD

Llega el momento en el que te preguntas ¿qué clase de videojuego es este? ¿Lo hicieron de esta manera para aburrir a los que lo juegan?

No hay nada que haga sentir que tu tiempo y esfuerzos sirven para algo, ni tan siquiera el "online" entre otros jugadores dando 'likes' llega a ser tan divertido. Las construcciones y escaleras muchas veces son inútiles y si por ejemplo hay dos puentes en un mismo rió solo uno servirá para tu viaje, el otro peor ubicado estará condenado a desaparecer por inútil.

Ajeno a la falta de elementos en el entorno, gracias al motor gráfico se consiguen muchos paisajes preciosos, no hay duda en ello, pero está casi totalmente vacío, no entiendo porque no llenar el mapa con cosas interesantes que hacer como pasa con cualquier otro juego de este tipo. Las cinemáticas y calidad gráfica son de alto nivel, la historia es interesante pero no lo suficiente para mantenerte atento durante prolongadas cinemáticas entre una fase y otra. Tiene una excelente banda sonora, música que encaja muy bien con lo que se ve, pero no con lo que haces en el juego, hacer de las misiones de recadero misiones principales que en los demás juegos son secundarias es un error.

En resumen, Death Stranding no es un buen videojuego, es muy lento, repetitivo y parece que quiere que el jugador abandone lo antes posible.

¿Lo recomendaría? ¡No! sería un pecado recomendar este intento de película con un gameplay que seguro le agregaron al último momento cuando se dieron cuenta que estaban haciendo en realidad un videojuego.

-Gameplay: 3.5 (físicas del juego mal elaboradas, además de gameplay repetitivo).
    -Gráficos: 9.5 (Un juego hermoso visualmente pero vacío, pero para ser el motor de guerrilla se pudo pulir un poco más los gráficos in game).
    -Sonidos: 9.5 (excelente banda sonora y efectos sonoros).
    -Mecanicas 2.5 (decepcionantes).
    -Controles: 5.0 ( encontré que los menús son poco intuitivos, además de estar haciendo siempre equilibrio con el personaje)
    -Narrativa: 9.0 (historia interesante y rara que intenta dejar un mensaje)

-Comentario propio: a mi parecer es el peor juego que ha hecho Kojima.

La nota que merece en realidad este juego es un 6.5 pero le doy 0 porque Kojima engaño a muchos con sus mentiras de que era un género nuevo y lo nunca visto, no lo es.
  19. Nov 13, 2019
    Acredito que penalizar o jogador ao fazê-lo repetir a mesma mecânica (entregas das caixas) ao longo de todo o jogo apenas com a finalidade de contar uma história, é a pior estratégia para o sucesso de um game.

Isso é arte? Pode ser. Mas um game precisa prezar por outros elementos que não só a arte. É preciso fazer o jogador passar por uma experiência agradável ao passo que a história é um bônus pelos desafios que cumpriu. Gráficos em games são importantes? Sim. Claro que sim. Mas gráficos bonitos salva algum jogo? Não acredito. Um jogo precisa ter mais que uma bela história contada através de cutscenes. Senão vira um filme. E um filme, com pipoca e refrigerante ainda é mais barato e menos penoso do que assistir um jogo com objetivos altamente repetitivos e frustrantes.
  20. Nov 13, 2019
    It really looked interesting but I should have known better. :D

To boil it down it is a stock standard anime story attached to some very repetitive gameplay all wrapped up in Kojima's obsession with celebrities (smells a bit like Chris Roberts in that respect) and his very over inflated ego as he dictates to us little people in video game format. The graphics are beautiful and
    It really looked interesting but I should have known better. :D

The graphics are beautiful and contain plenty of Anime eye candy in the form of ludicrous mechanicals and hugely wasteful constructs with all sorts of nonsense contraptions, for the most part the world is really well done if you like Anime worlds.

The story is very standard Anime pseudo intellectual claptrap chock full of unexplained magical technologies and quite often idiotic character motivations.

The Lindsay Wagner character is a perfect example of idiotic character motivations and Kojima's obsession with celebrities, her character motivations are utterly ridiculous seemingly jammed into the already dumb story so he could employ a woman he had childhood fantasies about.

Anyone who says the story is "masterful" or "deep" has no critical thinking skills or is blinded by Kojima fandom, it is truly a simplistic tale. Idealistic and childlish in it's overall message.

The gameplay seems tacked onto the hours and hours of cutscenes and it is rarely satisfying in any way, I especially hated the people I was delivering to as they almost to a fault seemed like utter **** I would much rather beat down than help.

I could go on and on detailing how balance simulator 2019 is incredibly boring to slog through but I'll just sum up my feelings:

It's a big pile of meh unless you are in love with poorly written Anime...

As a final aside, the BB can give you "likes" proving social media is cancerous even beyond the grave.
  21. Nov 9, 2019
    So why did I rate it 1/10?

In summary: Death Stranding presents a cool concept of connecting a big isolated, threatened and falling world together, but it was all held back by a very repetitive, lackluster and even generic at times execution of gameplay elements. It's not a new genre by any mean. 1) Death Stranding presents a big isolated world, and a beautiful one at that. BUT, it's
    So why did I rate it 1/10?

1) Death Stranding presents a big isolated world, and a beautiful one at that. BUT, it's really empty and populated with few repetitive stuff like enemy camps, the BT monsters, the bridges, the facilities where you delivery your packages to. There is no variety. I walked and ran among rocks for most of my time. You climb mountains just to get / deliver a cargo or watch a cutscene.

2) The physics of this game sometimes feel really embarrassing for an AAA game. Especially when you hit a rock or ride a bike. Generally the animations are good, but when you start hitting obstacles, enemies, or fall off a cliff or a ladder, things start to look very weird, sometimes very funny.

3) The missions / side quests: yes, most if not all of Death Stranding's missions are basically delivery missions. Whether it's a simple mission, delivering from A to B, or infiltrating a camp and steal a cargo, or climb a mountain, or use a vehicle, or build a bridge... it's all about delivery. Obviously sometimes you will have to face a boss or a cutscene, Walking simulator fans might enjoy this a lot actually.

4) If you hate inventory management, then don't play this game. Because oh boy, the cargo and inventory management in this game is very tedious in my opinion. It seems too sophisticated than it needs to be, it really feels like it's a simulator. Not to mention, if you carry a lot of stuff on your back, then you have to balance yourself while walking, you can't just point up and that's it. So yeah, you will fall and lose your stuff in this game A LOT.

5) The combat in this game is basic and repetitive like the missions. Nothing special or addictive here. It's rather generic. The AI even on hard difficulty, it's very easy and sometimes stupid.

6) Boss fights are very easy, although some of the moments feel intense and cool, but the fights themselves are easy and sometimes feel messy. They are also not very rewarding, all you get is crafting materials. I have to say some moments feel weird, like you come across a dark area filled with BT monsters, the music starts, then suddenly after walking few steps, everything disappears... like what was all that build up about? It fees weird.

7) Pacing of this game is very slow and that includes the story, the gameplay, the fast travel system... etc.
  22. Nov 11, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jogo MT Fraco,A Hype é toda em cima do Elenco... Talvez por ser jogo da Sony.
    Só falta esse game ainda concorrer como Game do Ano !
  23. Nov 12, 2019
    What can i say? This game is the epitome of pretentiousness, Kojima would fit right in with
    Gerald and the other fart sniffers in San Francisco.
    The story is very basic but explained in a way that makes it sound super complicated and original, by over complicating a story that has been told many times before does not make your idea original. The gameplay is tedious and when it isn't
    Gerald and the other fart sniffers in San Francisco.

The gameplay is tedious and when it isn't tedious it is boring, systems upon systems upon systems upon systems. There is boot degradation, there is rain that makes things grow old, there is a cargo balancing there are systems to stop Norman Reedus from falling over, it is just system after system after system. None of which enhance the fun of the game, they are just there because Kojima was allowed free rein to unleash and realize every little pretentious whim he had.

I appreciate what they did with the social aspect of the game but it counteracts the feel of the game. The game is meant to represent a dead world, you are meant to feel alone and stranded. A lone man bringing America back together. That is bit hard to **** do when there are bridges, watchtowers and other **** popping up all over the place.

The game is slow enough of as it is but then the game throws BTs at you in increased frequency as you play, forcing you to go even slower.

This game is a perfect example of what happens when you give a guy like Hideo Kojima free rein of a game.

I will give it a 4 because the graphics, motion capture, story telling (not the story itself) and general quality are average for the AAA market these days but the gameplay, tedium and systems are all below average quality.
  24. Nov 14, 2019
    A pretentious attempt of a self-obsessed "genius". Empty and boring, a complete waste of time and money.
  25. Nov 13, 2019
    Un titulo del que se esperaba mucho, pero que al final entrega poco o mas bien "se la pasa entregando paquetes por que es la unica actividad dentro del juego, Aburrido por lo repetitivo de principio a fin ya que el entregar paquetes es tu unica mision a lo largo y ancho del juego

Quisiera decir algo bueno y si lo hay , la banda sonora o mas bien los temas selectivos en ciertas partes que son excepcionales , pero de ahi el resto es gastarse la pasta en una historia carente de logica

Si este mal llamado "juego" se hubiese clasificado como pelicula interactiva estuviese en el top rank del año, pero su desarrollador quizo sacarlo y exponerlo como lo que no es , "un nuevo estilo de juego"

Si tuviera que escoger una frase para describir este engendro, serìa:

Aburrido y Decepcionante de principio a fin.
  26. Nov 12, 2019
    We are here to play, not to see a 45min cinematic garbage. I lost $60. Kojima is a selfish, he invited nothing.
  27. Nov 12, 2019
    Definitetly awesome graphics, music and dialogues. But we are talking about a videogame not a movie. And this game is insanely boring, there is nothing more than deliver packages from A to B all the time for hours, thats boring as f. Waste of $. It has nothing especial that you could say ok this is made by kojima, dont expect anything unusual.
  28. Nov 12, 2019
    Not recommended! go and watch the story on youtube better than delivering cargos
  29. Nov 13, 2019
    This game is boring as **** 95% of gameplay is ****ing useless delivery. The vehicles is total crap. They just slide down from every heel and every rock is insurmountable obstacle. DONT BUY THIS **** I promise that all my friends won’t buy any game from Kojima.
  30. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La verdad que como película está relativamente divertida, pero como juego el gameplay es pobre, por eso no puedo poner una mejor nota. Debemos recordar que los juegos son para jugar, y en mi opinión, el gameplay debería definir gran parte de su calificación. Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2019
    I've never played this boring game in my life.You don't play.This game is garbage
  32. Nov 13, 2019
    THIS GAME IS ONLY TRASH

The gameplay is repetetive, boring, and almost inexistent.
    I feel like I actualy play an Early Access game on Steam!

This game is only a ridicolous pile of garbage.
    The worst of the year.
  33. Nov 8, 2019
    Un juego aburrido y sin sentido alguno. no merece la compra es una pérdida de dinero y tiempo
  34. Nov 13, 2019
    Whoever said it was right. This game is just a 60 dollar Netflix drama with commercials (the deliveries) as an in-between each 2 hour long cut scene. I'll still platinum it since it's a rather time consuming but easy one.

Still Death Stranding is too expensive for the very little game play you actually get. You could hardly call it a game since all you do is just walk around like one of those walking simulators. Should have just been a movie or cg animation movie if Kojima wanted to spend so much effort on the cut scenes.
  35. Nov 13, 2019
    Well it is what it is, a walking simulator, routine which other games try to get rid of, was represented as a gameplay here. It's soo obvious that this won't work out. Don't know what were they thinking on the development stage.
    When I was watching final scene, Amelie had those super long monologue, I couldn't take that torture and just skipped. Better show than explain - that's the main rule of a good cutscene/story.
    And the story is not perfect here. It's sooo far from reality that become not appealing. All those beaches thing, for example, and mrs. president who lives two lives, too much fantasy things that make plot boring. Metal Gear on contrary was so good with the plot, cause it was logiccal.
  36. Nov 13, 2019
    THIS GAME IS TRASH.

The mos monotonuos and boring experience I ever had.
    What a waste of money....

WORST GAME OF THE YEAR.
    And,
    ONE OF THE WORST GAME OF THE GENERATION
  37. Nov 12, 2019
    Simulador de caminhadas muito chato. Para isso i trabalhar para os ctt. Next please.
  38. Nov 10, 2019
    Entediante. A necesside de tentar se provar que é um cineasta, atrapalha a real entrega de que é necessaria na area de games. Infelizmente o hype foi excessivo e essa idolatria com Kojima é desnecessário.
  39. Nov 10, 2019
    I really wanted to like this game because the story seemed great. However...the controls are super clunky..the menus are confusing...and is just not good. I hope that people have a better experience than I did with it. Played for 10 hours and deleted game. I hope Kojima starts making movies and stays away from making games. Terrible. I gave this a 3 because the world looks amazing andI really wanted to like this game because the story seemed great. However...the controls are super clunky..the menus are confusing...and is just not good. I hope that people have a better experience than I did with it. Played for 10 hours and deleted game. I hope Kojima starts making movies and stays away from making games. Terrible. I gave this a 3 because the world looks amazing and the sound track is great. Game is terrible. Expand
  40. Nov 11, 2019
    Disappointing. A great expectation was created for this game and in the end it delivered a result much lower than expected. Beautiful graphics but outdated. The movement of the characters during the game seems very robotized. Many hours wandering around the map makes the experience very boring. Too simple combat mechanics with few variations.
  41. Nov 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simulador de rappi, muy tedioso de digerir si juegas muchas horas al juego. Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2019
    The game looks absolutely gorgeous and the atmosphere and cutscreens look really nice, but unfortunately that the only good thing I can say about it. The dialog is way too melodramatic, and the gameplay is repetitive.
  43. Nov 12, 2019
    It's just another walking simulator, a huge waste of time.
    You have to walk from here to there and that's not interesting...
  44. Nov 12, 2019
    this game is **** what's the point with the fights? run every time? 70 $ wasted. is so boring. kojima your game is horrible change job
  45. Nov 13, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pésimo juego por parte Fideo Kojima, solicite la devolución de mi dinero a los 20 minutos de jugar, encuentro un horror pagar por ver una película tan cara. Expand
  46. Nov 10, 2019
    Trash game, good movie. But we review games here not movies, this game is basically a walk simulator with a lot of cut-scenes, it would have been better if it was a movie
  47. Nov 10, 2019
    It's imposible ti play. This is the poor game in the history. Kojima is lier. And obviously isn't a genius.
    All about the game is boring and it's terribly executed
  48. Nov 12, 2019
    Un juego con muchas cinematicas, que no es malo si va de la mano de un gameplay dinamico, entretenido etc cosa que aca no veo por ningun lado, es un gameplay muy pobre... segundo el juego tiene poca pero muy poca jugabilidad que es basicamente ir del punto A al B y hacer entregas, ahora hago incapie en esto, y repito no es malo tampoco ir de A a B pero por ultimo hazme el trabajo dificilUn juego con muchas cinematicas, que no es malo si va de la mano de un gameplay dinamico, entretenido etc cosa que aca no veo por ningun lado, es un gameplay muy pobre... segundo el juego tiene poca pero muy poca jugabilidad que es basicamente ir del punto A al B y hacer entregas, ahora hago incapie en esto, y repito no es malo tampoco ir de A a B pero por ultimo hazme el trabajo dificil pero solo veo caminar por un mundo MUERTO con musgo, rocas y rios osea quiero y trato de juntar 2 conceptos pero es imposible... sigo ahora con las misiones que segun dicen son 70 y todas son lo mismo ni mas ni menos, es malo? para mi no pero volvemos a lo mismo, son muy faciles y cuando llega el momento de pelear con un Boss es de una pauperrima dificultad, veo que el enemigo no tiene la intencion de atacar, la IA es horrible, sin palabras y por ultimo dejare el apartado tecnico y sonoro, el primero esta muy bien, es lo rescatable del juego pero tampoco es soberbio, hay muchos juegos que se ven mejor y termino con el apartado sonoro... escuche un par de canciones, suenan muy bien y agradables pero es practicamente ridiculo que el tono y tipo de cancion de Low Roar al iniciar no esta en el contexto del juego... mi impresion fue estar jugando pero con unos audifonos escuchando mi banda favorita :S este ultimo apartado lo dejo muy preeliminar ya que escuche 2 o 3 canciones y quizas las otras son mil veces mejor y ademas en el contexto que corresponde
    Despues de decir todo esto y siendo alguien que le encanta los JRPG yo si lo jugaria pero por todos esos GRANDES detalles no se acerca a un juego sobre 5 de 10 o inclusive menos, tiene muchos pero muchos detalles horribles, falta mucho por pulir...
  49. Nov 11, 2019
    Dormi nos dez primeiros minutos e estou falando sério. Tedioso, superestimado e sem conteúdo.
  50. Nov 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would place it at mediocre. It’s only original if your knowledge of games is The Last Of Us...and that’s it.
    Gameplay-wise, it boils down to a trekking simulator where weight, health, weather conditions, and enemies need to be monitored to successfully complete deliveries.
  51. Nov 13, 2019
    Dude, Death stranding is receiving e positive review bombing by the press. This is not a good game. I would give it a 7, if there was no positive review bombing. Now i´ll give it a 0. Stop trying to modify the notes of the people, press.
  52. Nov 8, 2019
    If this game didn't have the Kojima brand slapped into it, it would be just as good as the Quiet Man.It's boring, repetitive and the themes it touches are so basic yet it tries to act like it's something bigger than that. People are praising it's "weirdness" but they need to understand that there's a difference between weirdness that leads to a coherent climax and being weird for the sakeIf this game didn't have the Kojima brand slapped into it, it would be just as good as the Quiet Man.It's boring, repetitive and the themes it touches are so basic yet it tries to act like it's something bigger than that. People are praising it's "weirdness" but they need to understand that there's a difference between weirdness that leads to a coherent climax and being weird for the sake of being weird. Kojima isn't the genius he thinks he is and I hope this game is a reality check for him. Expand
  53. Nov 8, 2019
    Tengo que valorar este juego como juego y no como pelicula, por eso tengo que ponerle un 3, el juego se basa de ir de A hasta B todo el rato, lo interesante son las cinematicas, llevo 15 horas de juego y es planísimo, todo el rato igual. Lo mejor para mi es pasar por los EVs y dejar que te agarren para tener algo de adrenalina.
  54. Nov 8, 2019
    Imagine getting a blank check from Sony and then creating a walking simulator. I guess the budget was spend on famous actors, cause the gameplay is litterally fetchquest Combined with overly long cutscenes, that tell a non interesting story. The menues are non intuitive. Its like he took everything thats tedious and boring and combined it in one game. Avoid this game at all costs.
  55. Nov 8, 2019
    Aburrido, de no ser por la música y calidad grafica. Es un juego que no se disfruta jugar más de 1 hora. Boring !
  56. Nov 8, 2019
    el juego es muy aburrido un mundo vacío carente de diversión, repetitivo y sin reto alguno. un juego que se vende por decir que es un nuevo genero y la verdad no aporta en nada al mundo de los video juego mejor Kojima que se dedique al cine y deje los videojuegos a la gente que realmente aporta. le doy un 3 y si no le doy menos es por el motor gráfico de guerrilla que es lo único másel juego es muy aburrido un mundo vacío carente de diversión, repetitivo y sin reto alguno. un juego que se vende por decir que es un nuevo genero y la verdad no aporta en nada al mundo de los video juego mejor Kojima que se dedique al cine y deje los videojuegos a la gente que realmente aporta. le doy un 3 y si no le doy menos es por el motor gráfico de guerrilla que es lo único más destacable del juego. Expand
  57. Nov 8, 2019
    Very curled game, broken physics, player hard to control, riding with the bike is too bad... kojima the story is interesting plus the gameplays is too bad
  58. Nov 8, 2019
    Death Stranding is a pretty good experience for those who like cinematic stories such as the tale tell games. Unfortunately it disappoints in the most important aspect of a videogame which is the gameplay. Repetitive missions, slow paced and often boring. It's what every gamer don't want in a AAA game.
  59. Nov 11, 2019
    This game is boring. It didn’t put anything new on the table or make something interesting.
  60. Nov 8, 2019
    Most boring game I've ever played, i'm sure it gets better but from what I've played so far its super boring and i'm not willing to play more
  61. Nov 9, 2019
    a game with a bland narrative and with a gameplay without any fun, when Iwas playing almost sleep I cold not stand it plays 3 hours a gameplay not innovative j , just walk the whole game, WALKING SIMULATOR
  62. Nov 9, 2019
    Gorgeous game and interesting set up for a sci fi world ruined by terrible action sequences and poor dialogue. Metal Gear Solid had its own problems here and there when it came to the series, and Death Stranding takes all of them and triples down on them, while removing the military action background that made them fun. An interesting world with some mystery to it immediately startsGorgeous game and interesting set up for a sci fi world ruined by terrible action sequences and poor dialogue. Metal Gear Solid had its own problems here and there when it came to the series, and Death Stranding takes all of them and triples down on them, while removing the military action background that made them fun. An interesting world with some mystery to it immediately starts getting flushed down the drain when the first character you encounter begins to awkwardly state basic facts of the world out loud mid conversation, because everything must be immediately explained to the player even though every character on screen already knows these things.

And from there the forced inhuman dialog just continues to snowball. The second or third character you meet comes on screen and immediately begins to monologue how the world got to where it is while Reedus just silently stares at the man rambling basic information that people living in the world of the game already knows, seemingly out of his mind. Every time a character besides Norman Reedus is on screen they have to spew out the bad dialog and state of the world information that they're full of, awkwardly shoving fists full of the information down the players throat on the front end instead of letting the world reveal itself naturally and breathe. Overall the story is told with the subtlety of a freshman film school student, with the game acting like its revealing surprising twists 50+ hours into the game that it very clearly, willingly revealed of its own accord within the first 45 minutes or less

The thing that the game is based on, traversing and exploring landscapes, is interrupted by poor action sequences while you must stealth your way around invisible enemies. This ends up being you just guessing which direction is okay to walk in with the help of a semi vague indicator of which way is safe to go before just jamming on the square button if you're caught. These sections just interrupt the pleasurable exploration of the world.

The asynchronous player interaction is an interesting idea and is one of the interesting things about the game

Overall an interesting idea and setup for a game that stumbles all over itself and steps on its own toes the whole long way to the end
  63. Nov 11, 2019
    As with other Kojima games, it's being showered with pretentious, smoke blowing 10/10 masterpiece reviews purely because Kojima made it and for no reason other than that, and I say this as a fan of his. Truth is, no amount of bizzare, intriguing story or pretty visuals will make Death Stranding a fun video game. You walk, you walk some more, you deliver a package, you walk, you pee, climbAs with other Kojima games, it's being showered with pretentious, smoke blowing 10/10 masterpiece reviews purely because Kojima made it and for no reason other than that, and I say this as a fan of his. Truth is, no amount of bizzare, intriguing story or pretty visuals will make Death Stranding a fun video game. You walk, you walk some more, you deliver a package, you walk, you pee, climb a ladder, walk some more... it's the world's biggest walking simulator, an absolute chore.

If any other developer put this out, it would be getting negative to mediocre reception, but because Kojima put it out, it's a flawless masterpiece, and if you don't like it and are bored by the "gameplay" you just don't understand what Kojima is trying to do. I'm all for experimenting, but first and foremost your game should be an actual video game. You know, with gameplay and stuff?
  64. Nov 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kojima has been picked up by Sony to make the game but they didn't want to repeat mgs5 mistake what they did ,they told kojima to finish the game quickly so what he did he spent the next 3 years directing his love as he got a-list actors making story cutscene while forgoting compelety about the seconds half of the game with is gameplay he laid out simple mechanic for the game to his staff which is walking and delivery so he told his staff to make this gameplay as a filler and that just it a filler nothing more nothing less.
    Disappointing game didn't care really for the gameplay and really cared about the story which didn't match the hype in the trailers it's good but gets ridiculously boring at the end the problem to much diloge too much taking and character s over explain things.
    that 2 hour ending cutscene is to much even for Kojima standard which I skipped a lot .
  65. Nov 9, 2019
    Im really mad, I spend my money and time to play a game but only I get is a movie with so little and boring gameplay, the Music and visuals are good but im looking to play a game not see a movie =/
  66. Nov 9, 2019
    Played it a couple hours, the graphics are not bad but the game is so slow and boring. I cannot understand the hype about this game.
  67. Nov 11, 2019
    The most overrated qnd overhyped game of the decade. I really cant understand the critic. The positive points that the quote are linked to another type of media. Really, on a game, who cares to how famous the actor is if they gameplay is terrible?
  68. Nov 12, 2019
    Good graphic and artwork design. But just feels plain and boring. I ended up getting a refund.
  69. Nov 12, 2019
    I tried to give the game a chance but it wasn't worth the price, the graphics are really good hence the me giving it a 2 but everything else after that falls apart, the menu system is confusing and tedious and it is extremely repetitive, I know mojima is trying to produce something new but it just doesn't work, the obnoxious placement of the monster drink just ruins everything, it seemsI tried to give the game a chance but it wasn't worth the price, the graphics are really good hence the me giving it a 2 but everything else after that falls apart, the menu system is confusing and tedious and it is extremely repetitive, I know mojima is trying to produce something new but it just doesn't work, the obnoxious placement of the monster drink just ruins everything, it seems the game is more of a movie than a actual game. Expand
  70. Nov 12, 2019
    The only good thing about this game is the graphic. For the rest it's just a waste of time. A walking simulator.
  71. Nov 13, 2019
    Death Stranding truly isn’t for everyone. A boring, repetitive walking simulator with a confusing and uninspired story. While it may have some positives, they really don't matter if the gameplay is **** Maybe Hackjimbo should just make movies, not scam gamers to buy this movie disguised as a game.
  72. Nov 8, 2019
    Considero que es una pelicula más que un juego. Muy buenos gráficos y pauperrima jugabilidad. Viendo los trailer recuerdo que se vendió como una obra maestra de Hideo Kojima pues mejor que se dedique al cine. Sinceramente es un presupuesto tirado a la basura...
  73. Nov 9, 2019
    •This Game will bore you to DEATH! I bet the BT'S used to be regular NPC'S, but they couldn't handle the boredom so they snuffed themselves out.
    •Good graphics
    •Terrible gameplay
    •Decent story towards the end
    I think metacritic is deleting negative reviews.
    I've watched the number of negative reviews stay about the same and the number of positive ones skyrocket
  74. Nov 11, 2019
    Truly a boring, but pretty looking game. Anyone who defends this slap in the face of gamers "videogame" is someone who has settled for less in their games. Way less.
  75. Nov 12, 2019
    El juego es malisimo no se dejen llevar por la calificación de la mayoría de la prensa que pareciera que esta a favor del juego ($$$$) ni de los fanboys (yo poseo una ps4 y jamas defendería algo como esto cuando esperaba mucho de el juego) el juego trata de un repartidor en un mundo vacío sin NPC'S sin interacciones con el medio ambiente una historia absurda una jugabilidad malisima careceEl juego es malisimo no se dejen llevar por la calificación de la mayoría de la prensa que pareciera que esta a favor del juego ($$$$) ni de los fanboys (yo poseo una ps4 y jamas defendería algo como esto cuando esperaba mucho de el juego) el juego trata de un repartidor en un mundo vacío sin NPC'S sin interacciones con el medio ambiente una historia absurda una jugabilidad malisima carece de acción y diversion una I.A del enemigo inexistente (de los muy pocos enemigos que te encontrarás y que hasta puedes evitarlos) lo único rescatable son los gráficos y el soundtrack, de hay en fuera el juego es malo y trata de ser largo de una manera absurda y grosera mandandote a caminar del punto A al punto B por horas y horas eso no es un juego largo es un juego tedioso y con una interfaz del menú confusa y horrible 9 horas de juego y me alejé créanme no malgasten su dinero es un juego que se siente incompleto que no vale la pena en ningún sentido. Expand
  76. Nov 8, 2019
    Baby simulator 2k19...
    Don't waste your money. Repetitive and boring..
  77. Nov 11, 2019
    Pues nomas para bajarle su ego al kojima, me gusto el juego pero no es para decir aqui que es una maravilla sinceramente le dava un 6. El juego decir que innova y refresca un nuevo genero o subgenero no lo creo un juego mas de mundo abierto. Por cierto no por tener ps4 voy defender a muerte sus juegos
  78. Nov 8, 2019
    It was more fun to wait that game, read about it, watch trailers and listen to it's soundtrack then actually play monotone hiking simulator.
    If you really have 40+ hours of your life to waste - then wait till this game will be heavily discounted. Otherwise YouTube will provide you with free story movie without need of playing clumsy-50-years-old-man-walking-simulator.
  79. Nov 8, 2019
    There are developers out there who do their best to put out original concepts, but nobody gives them credit or enough attention, they just get slammed by the media. If Death Stranding wasn't made by Kojima, then you wouldn't be seeing all of these fanboys defending it and giving it a fake 10/10.

Who didn't see this coming? We saw the 1 hour "gameplay" session, where there was 5 minutes of gameplay and 55 minutes of cutscenes. If you like boring fun then go for this game if you like traditional fun, you know the only fun I know stay far away from this tedious boring masterpiece.

I would rate it 3 or maybe 4 considering the graphics and music but it was so hyped up and imho does not deserve the hype at all. Critics who give this game above 65-70 are delusional. Probably same guys who gave Joker 3 out of 10. In any case it's a disappointment. Will finish on Youtube with fast forward of gameplay just for the story.

In PS4 are a 3, in PC are 4
  80. Nov 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is very difficult to find any fun in this game. I play to have a good time no to have a boring evening. Expand
  81. Nov 8, 2019
    Uma bosta só, dinheiro jogado fora com esse simulador de entrega do Uber Eats - Rappi e Ifood. Só tem gráficos mesmo, pq de resto é uma porcaria.
  82. Nov 8, 2019
    Well I was hoping this was going to be a good game but it isnt, it's boring and tedious fetch quests and back tracking pretty much all you do. This is Hideo Kojimas worst game. Stuffing a whole bunch of mechanics in a game just for the sake of it isnt fun. It's exactly what people were saying IT IS a walking simulator with survival elements... I dont understand how anyone can find thisWell I was hoping this was going to be a good game but it isnt, it's boring and tedious fetch quests and back tracking pretty much all you do. This is Hideo Kojimas worst game. Stuffing a whole bunch of mechanics in a game just for the sake of it isnt fun. It's exactly what people were saying IT IS a walking simulator with survival elements... I dont understand how anyone can find this game fun, I guess this is what happens when Kojima is given too much freedom. Game sucks but you can tell a lot of work went into it but that doesn't make a game fun. It seems we paid 60 dollars for a movie... If this is what kojima will make from now on I'll think I'll pass. I also think critics were paid to give good reviews because all good reviews talk about how **** the game is but still give good scores..

.I give it a 3 for good soundtrack and nice graphics. Story is your typical kojima weirdness but without the magic that Metal Gear games had.. I'm sure kojima fans will still praise it and I'm a kojima fan too but in all honesty this game feels like work, I already work 12 hours a day I dont want to come home and deliver fake packages... It's really to bad that Konami cancelled Silent Hills because I think Kojima had the right idea with that game.. For me Death Stranding is a pass..
  83. Nov 8, 2019
    Guion digno de una serie de netflix pero no para un videojuego, los actores muy bien, la jugabilidad pesima
  84. Nov 8, 2019
    The most boring game ever created for the most boring people ever lived. Visuals ok tho
  85. Nov 9, 2019
    So I got this game early due to a friend working at game stop. I'm usually a fan of kojima games. But this one is not good. Imagine if a game was made entity out of fetch queats with long cut scenes in between. Thats Death stranding. Its a very pretty game. It however has a story that just iant good. Bore boreing gameplay. Bad combat. Fps hitches. Good music. I feel like if kojima spentSo I got this game early due to a friend working at game stop. I'm usually a fan of kojima games. But this one is not good. Imagine if a game was made entity out of fetch queats with long cut scenes in between. Thats Death stranding. Its a very pretty game. It however has a story that just iant good. Bore boreing gameplay. Bad combat. Fps hitches. Good music. I feel like if kojima spent more time makeing the game and less time uaing his budget to get celebrities in it it would be better. I dont agree with the reviews saying its a bad game then giveing it a 95. A bad game is a bad game and I'm sorry but this is a bad game Expand
  86. Nov 9, 2019
    O jogo é muito monótono, caminhadas longas. O cenário e gráficos são bons, porém não nos mantém interessados com uma premissa entediante.
  87. Nov 9, 2019
    No es un mal juego pero tampoco es bueno. Regular tirando a malo. Repetitivo, mundo abierto vacío, cinematicas interminables.
  88. Nov 9, 2019
    Una sola parola un gioco noiso....
    Che consiste soltanto nella consegna di pacchi....
  89. Nov 9, 2019
    Seré breve.
    Es mi primera Review en esta plataforma, decidí hacerla porque dar una opinión en redes sociales o fotos, actualmente se considera "tóxico".
    Después de una sesión "gracias" a un colega que lo reservó, ambos coincidimos respecto a las impresiones que nos llevamos: Mecánicas repetitivas y sosas hasta el cansancio. Un mundo vacío, carente de interés, tan solo lleno de pasto y
    Seré breve.

Mecánicas repetitivas y sosas hasta el cansancio.
    Un mundo vacío, carente de interés, tan solo lleno de pasto y rocas.
    Un sistema de batalla, lento, flojo y consideramos que posiblemente un paso atrás respecto a MGV.
    Ya estamos acostumbrados a las cinemáticas exageradas dentro de los productos de Kojima, pero que traten de colarnos algo tan largo y aburrido (después de al menos 25 minutos de una secuencia, estábamos revisando el celular mientras tomábamos cerveza)... Eso ya dice mucho.
    Y es que por dónde le mire, no encuentro puntos fuertes y memorables, la selección músical, exceptuando un par de piezas es completamente olvidable.
    Ajeno a la falta de elementos en el entorno, gracias al motor gráfico se consiguen muchos paisajes preciosos, no hay duda en ello.

Lo recomendaría? No! En su momento recomendé desde títulos como BioShock, Valiant Hearts the Great War, Hellblade, Journey, Ori (entre muchos títulos y géneros), sería un pecado recomendar un intento de película interactiva que nunca debió ser un juego
  90. Nov 9, 2019
    Aceptable como película, pésimo como videojuego. .
  91. Nov 9, 2019
    podrían haberlo echo mas entretenido en la jugabilidad y que no pareciera un relleno para las cinemáticas y hologramas que cuentan el lore
  92. Nov 9, 2019
    Um dos gráficos mais bonitos da geração, um universo curioso e bem trabalhado que faz a história ser bem cativante, mas a gameplay... Se prepare para a gameplay mais maçante que você já viu, que se torna bem repetitiva, que te faz fazer coisas bobas como apertar um determinado botão pra se equilibrar, ou até mesmo parar tudo que estiver fazendo para acalmar o BB, é simplesmente chato. EsseUm dos gráficos mais bonitos da geração, um universo curioso e bem trabalhado que faz a história ser bem cativante, mas a gameplay... Se prepare para a gameplay mais maçante que você já viu, que se torna bem repetitiva, que te faz fazer coisas bobas como apertar um determinado botão pra se equilibrar, ou até mesmo parar tudo que estiver fazendo para acalmar o BB, é simplesmente chato. Esse é o tipo de game que dá vontade de pular a gameplay pra ver as Cutscenes. Expand
  93. Nov 9, 2019
    I should have known when I could not find a gameplay clip on PSN except a short trailer that there was a reason to stay away from DS. As everyone has written, it is more like a movie. A very slow movie. And I was particularly weirded out but seeing the main character standing there completely naked and with his shirt off for most of the cut scenes. Gratuitous shock value with no purposeI should have known when I could not find a gameplay clip on PSN except a short trailer that there was a reason to stay away from DS. As everyone has written, it is more like a movie. A very slow movie. And I was particularly weirded out but seeing the main character standing there completely naked and with his shirt off for most of the cut scenes. Gratuitous shock value with no purpose to the story. And the embryonic nonsense just made me feel completely uncomfortable to the point that after 20 minutes i just shut it off and promised myself never to purchase a game before checking Metacritic first. Since probably 200 or 300 people were involved in the making of this hokum I am sure there will be 10/10 reviews but don’t let them fool you. It actually makes No Man’s Sky seem like it hit the high bar in exploration style video games. I am so glad I did not buy the $79.00 version. Its sad that Sony would release a game like this at all. They should start rejecting games. Between this and the $4.99 games PSN is really become a joke. With the power of the chipset its almost a crime that we are still seeing games like Tropico retreads, LA Noire buggy, boring and so the worst script of any game I have ever played. And yet another lame online COD with people jumping in the air and running around like soccer players with no strategy just run and gun. So little innovation after all these years with these platforms. The best game I have played in a long time was Resident Evil 2 Remake. And I came across it by chance. Expand
  94. Nov 9, 2019
    Por dios!!! Aburrido!!!!! Extremadamente aburrido!!! Eso sí, un 3 por la banda sonora
  95. Nov 9, 2019
    gameplay is too boring.it is a game,not just a movie.It's no use if the gameplay unattractive player. I was almost asleep.
  96. Nov 9, 2019
    Death stranding is an interesting game in theory, but the gameplay is so subpar it just feels like a wasted project. There was a lot of hype for this game, but nothing about the game lived up to the hype. The first half of the game was extremely rough. Many aspects of the game felt tedious and became annoying to deal with as time went on. Playing this game felt like I had exposed myselfDeath stranding is an interesting game in theory, but the gameplay is so subpar it just feels like a wasted project. There was a lot of hype for this game, but nothing about the game lived up to the hype. The first half of the game was extremely rough. Many aspects of the game felt tedious and became annoying to deal with as time went on. Playing this game felt like I had exposed myself directly to the timefall because all my time felt wasted. The only saving grace of this game was the 2nd half of the game. The story was interesting, however the pacing was god awful. Cliff was a good character who brought a cool aesthetic to the game but more should have been done with the character. This game coasted on Hideo Kojima's name and should be rated much lower than what it is across all review sites. People will just say this game is good to appear articulate (woke) but the gameplay elements are so deeply flawed. F*** this game... Expand
  97. Nov 10, 2019
    Graphics 4/5
    Gameplay 0/5
    Too much walking and very little action. And don't get me started on the lengthy cutscenes.
  98. Nov 10, 2019
    Most boring game i ever seen. Only graphics od good. Dont waste your money guys.
  99. Nov 10, 2019
    A. They copy and pasted the parasite unit supernatural enemies from phantom pain and re used them in this game..which really was a letdown..the creepy lookin dudes in this game are very much nearly the same as those in phantom..unoriginal there.
    The entire game is built on the structure of a fallout 4 side quest..fetch questing the entire game. Just beat the game( forced myself through to have a proper opinion) and i cannot piece the story together properly still..which is frustrating.
    Final words, i did not have fun playing this at all. It shown film and video games are a lot more closely related than we thought and maybe 1 day a true hybrid will be born, maybe even from Kojima. But it is not this game, this is not fun at all to play.
  100. Nov 10, 2019
    I had high hopes for this game. A bit outside the norm but I liked the idea of it. I spent over 12 hours straight really trying to get into the story which doesn’t come right out and present itself but I hate to say that it bored me to death. I even came to grips with the constant cut scenes for every little action but it turned into a slow version of Fallout without the the combat.I had high hopes for this game. A bit outside the norm but I liked the idea of it. I spent over 12 hours straight really trying to get into the story which doesn’t come right out and present itself but I hate to say that it bored me to death. I even came to grips with the constant cut scenes for every little action but it turned into a slow version of Fallout without the the combat. Multiple missions and submissions with little reward (unless you get off on the the other players giving you “Likes” for putting up a ladder or sign. Too much inventory stuff going on, too much mandatory resting at checkpoints...and what few “battles” occurred during those 12 hours they would be easy for my 97 year old grandmother with severe carpal tunnel and arthritis. Actually between the baby and the napping she would have probably enjoyed it. That was a little mean. The graphics are pretty good as they should be. There are some kind of neat new gadgets that I’ve not seen in a game before...it’s just crazy slow. I would sometimes purposefully wait in the rain for the spirits too try and screw up my day just to get a bit of adrenaline going. Long story short I absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND to pay full price or more for this game or it’s Deluxe Addition. Wait until It’s on sale somewhere for $25. That way if you decide after a half a day that you’re never gonna play again you don’t have $75 and 100Gigs invested and being deleted to “Your Library”. You were still great in Boondock Saints though dude! Expand

1. Nov 14, 2019
    Death Stranding isn’t a masterpiece; it doesn’t have the nuance or depth for that kind of lofty praise, but it does straddle the line between being just a video game and a tool that pulls people together. Death Stranding revels in the mundane and the simple joy of taking a hike while delivering packages from one place to another. It also has something to say about human nature and the resilience of our species, and while the message itself gets muddied in all the other overwrought filler that bogs down the game, it feels earnest, heartfelt, and genuine.
  2. Nov 12, 2019
    Death Stranding isn’t for everyone, but if you are looking for a neat experimental exploration of the fetch quest, you’ll enjoy it. If you are looking for something more traditional, though, you should probably look elsewhere.
  3. Nov 11, 2019
    Death Stranding will not be for everybody. It seems meticulously engineered for a pretty specific kind of nerd. My wife, for example, loves this game, and when she loves a game, she dumps hundreds of hours into it. Me? I merely like this game, and probably wouldn’t invest a bunch of time into it were it not for work. Of course, there will be people who won’t like the game at all; it will feel like a chore to them. Fortunately, it doesn’t take long to determine whether or not Death Stranding is a game for you. I recommend experiencing it in some way, though, be it through a stream or a borrowed copy, because I think it will be talked about for years to come.