7.5

1. Aug 25, 2015
    There really are no excuses for this 30FPS port.

Presented as the 'Definitive Edition' of the game, the only thing 'Definitive' is the fact it includes all of the DLC. Note, this review reflects this version of the game. It barely runs better than the last generation versions on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and doesn't even match the original version on PC at max settings. As well
    There really are no excuses for this 30FPS port.

It barely runs better than the last generation versions on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, and doesn't even match the original version on PC at max settings. As well as not looking as good as it should, it runs at 30fps and drops below that at times. There are audio issues prevalent when viewing cut-scenes and other minor technical issues.

With this in mind, my PC that would be good in 2010 (but below average by today's standards) can run this game at maxed settings at 1080p and 60fps. (GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz.) This hardware is much weaker than the PS4's hardware - so why does it succeed where the PS4 doesn't? It is simply because of a lazy port, there is no other reason. Do not support this new trend of remastering last generation games that don't run as well as they should.

The game itself is great. Get it on PC because your PC could probably run it better than your PS4.
  2. Aug 28, 2015
    I'm really not happy about this port, i had to stop playing after 10 minutes as it was making me dizzy.
    The flickering is really noticeable and just spoils the game, i am playing on ps4 btw.
    I really enjoyed the game on pc a few years back, the game itself on pc was excellent hence all the awards, but this ps4 experience is shameful, a flickering screen on this great bit of hardware is "not definitive" but downright lazy.
    I bought it from Game 4 hours ago, and will sell it back to them tomorrow, i feel as if i have been "had".
  3. Aug 31, 2015
    I do not support this lazy, greedy business practice. The purpose of a remaster is to give players a version that makes use of the better technology that's in the better system, NOT copy & paste what was already done, give it a misleading title, and slap it in stores. That's what I call a dishonor! It wouldn't be as bad if the title was something else not meaning superior, but it is. It'sI do not support this lazy, greedy business practice. The purpose of a remaster is to give players a version that makes use of the better technology that's in the better system, NOT copy & paste what was already done, give it a misleading title, and slap it in stores. That's what I call a dishonor! It wouldn't be as bad if the title was something else not meaning superior, but it is. It's pretty much the GOTY edition for current-gen systems with some better textures, that's all. Same sub-HD resolution and a capped 30 fps with frequent inconsistencies. Stay far away. Don't support this poor business practice. Get the PC version if you want the real definitive experience. The game itself is amazing despite the system it's played on. I was gonna rate it "0" but gave it "1" because at least non-last-gen or PC owners have an option to play Dishonored. Expand
  4. Oct 7, 2017
    It just gets a 0. Why? Because its blatantly obvious. This is not a definitive edition. If a score is to be given for this its only for what it improves over the previous gen games, which is just a shoddy graphical improvement and actually worse performance. The original PC version is still ahead and it plays much better.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 27, 2015
    Dishonored was an incredible accomplishment—a game that offered stylish murder and great storytelling in equal measure. It accomplished everything that it set out to do and made it look easy, while games all around it failed to impress. Three years later, nothing in its genre has come close.
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2015
    I regret not having played Dishonored when it originally came out, because the Definitive Edition looks like time has been standing still for the last three years, at least when the PS4 version (which does not offer 60 fps, by the way) is concerned. [11/2015, p.52]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 5, 2015
    Dishonored: Definitive Edition is (still) a very imaginative and exciting action-adventure. Stealth is rarely this varied and interesting. [Oct 2015]