8.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Apr 11, 2020
    That's right square, milk us for all you can get, let's take a original playstation game which was sold complete and cost $30.00 twenty three years ago and split it into 4 games and sell each for $60.00, great way to treat you fan base.
  2. Apr 14, 2020
    This "game" can basically be summed up as padding and filler.

This "game" can basically be summed up as padding and filler.

They took 5-minute "dungeons" from the original Midgar and turned them each into hour-long FF13 hallways. Even worse, they inserted all new "dungeons" (hour-long FF13 hallways) in between story beats where the original FF7 would have just moved on to the next story beat. It doesn't add anything to the story or game world. It doesn't flesh out the original Midgar. It's not even fun. You just go down some glorified decorated hallways and fight three guys at a time for 30+ hours. This is not fun. This is not a game. This is mindless, joyless, and a chore. I actually had to force myself to finish this awful slog.

The sidequests do little to break up the monotony--in fact, they amplify it. They are the most soulless, uninteresting MMO quests you can imagine. At some point I just stopped bothering with them because they add noting of value to this game. They are not fun or interesting.

This isn't Final Fantasy 7. This is Final Fantasy 13 loosely based on Final Fantasy 7. This game does not respect your time. Square Enix claimed that this remake was going to be episodic because the game world was going to be "greatly expanded" and "vast." Midgar is not expanded. It is padded. What happened here is that they decided from day one that they wanted to sell multiple games as "episodes," and then struggled to come up with filler content to stretch Midgar out to 30+ hours. And they couldn't even come up with anything fun. As I said, this is easily the worst video game I ever played in my life.

This is the most soulless, joyless corporate cash-grab ever created, it is a personal attack against video games as a medium, and it is a crime against humanity.
  3. Apr 13, 2020
    Think of your favorite game.

Think of your favorite game.

Now, let M. Night Shyamalan rewrite the ending. But it's not really the ending, it's only the first arc, which you paid worth a triple A value. They could have fleshed out the story, but they retcon and spoil significant climactic parts of the complete game. Now, it's a reboot with an alternate timeline. This new generation has a knack for deflecting criticism and make it out about failures of pleasing everyone. The requests for a remake were clear: same story, modern graphics. They are raised to aim for subversion and radical change. How else can you explain the pattern of remakes for our cherished films and games? They keep buying it. What luck these game developers have! They no longer need to brainstorm a coherent story, just a couple of twists and their own unsolicited spin, graphical overhauls and the approval of Hollywood to release a game. Midgar, a police state, could have easily been a playground for free movement, looting upscale lofts, taking out higher-ups, scaling buildings, and jumping from one roof to the next. No, we get linear scenes, recycled Kingdom Heart characters, and snoozefest sidequests which plague MMORPGs.

FF7: Refund
    FF7: Retcon
    FF7: Redo

If your critical review gets enough helpful votes, they take it down. They must be thinking about Square Enix stocks.
  4. May 1, 2020
    **** game was straight up hot garbage. And Wtf was they trying to do at the end? Not to mention all it was a 100% linear hand holding FF13 reskin, with a partial story that made 0% sense. By just throwing in a few retarded "quests", aka go fetch's that for me, with obvious "crawl" spaces and slow downs to hide loading and add another pointless hour of gameplay. I even did 100% in less than**** game was straight up hot garbage. And Wtf was they trying to do at the end? Not to mention all it was a 100% linear hand holding FF13 reskin, with a partial story that made 0% sense. By just throwing in a few retarded "quests", aka go fetch's that for me, with obvious "crawl" spaces and slow downs to hide loading and add another pointless hour of gameplay. I even did 100% in less than 30h and ended up being one very disappointed gamer. Not even any replay value and i have replayed og FF7 multiple times on almost every system its made for.
    5 years for this trash, really? So, what's next?? Wait for another 5 years, for Part 2.. "The Walk to Junon". Then wait for another 5 years, for Part 3.. "The Golden Saucer", and so on......
    If they wanted to make Part 1 Midgar only, it should of been a fully open world with a **** ton to do, not this hot garbage of a mess. Graphics do not make the game, you lazy SQUARE GRAVE ROBBERS! Games need content.. more than useless filler and a pretty cinematic shell skin!!
  5. Apr 13, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the epitome of style over substance.

For everything this game does well, it gets overshadowed by staggering things that it does wrong. The way SE expanded some characters and gave them more development is then immediately followed by meaningless kill X amount of monsters side quests. Or a sequence involving a reactor that turns a short sequence from the original into a sprawling set piece chased with a new character and a fast paced boss fight that is then followed by a 30 minute sequence of walking to the next city with maybe 2 encounters (see combat for later problems with that) and "character development that could have been established just as well without slamming the brakes on the pacing.

Visually, the game looks wonderful, I'm not going to argue that. In fact, the game looks so well made, that I believe that a movie called Final Fantasy VII Reimagined would have been a more pleasant experience than this game. I will defend this by also pointing out that every meaningful fight and experience is pushed so hard to be a cinematic experience that they should have just crafted a cinematic experience.

The sound is not my thing at all, but for the most part is well composed. I don't enjoy jazz or modern takes on old video game music. The music from the original was the first game that spoke to me that music in a video game could be a well made thing. But I get that everything must be made modern lest there be money left on the table. The new compositions by Uematsu are also some of his worst compositions to date, in my opinion, and don't add anything of substance to the game.

The combat system. Oh boy, here we go. So, the combat system is SE once again trying to redefine a concept that doesn't need redefinition in Square's titles, but not taking the same missteps in formerly Enix made titles. For an example of this, look to every Final Fantasy title since 10, then compare that to every Dragon Quest title since....I suppose, 1. On one side, you have redefining every iteration, sometimes successfully, other times, less so. Then on the other side a series who knows what it is, stays true to that and continues to receive praise and enjoyment from it's fan base. So, true to form, SE decided once again to redefine combat for a Final Fantasy title. And...it works...except when it doesn't. This aspect is the one I had the most concern for up to release. I do not usually enjoy action rpg's so I went into FF7R expecting the story to carry me through a combat system I wasn't a fan of. The combat system is actually fun and enjoyable, but there are caveats. The first caveat is that a battle is either over in milliseconds or is a sweeping epic encounter to last the ages. There is no just middle difficulty battles. The easier battles only draw out the already padded sequences which halt the pacing and the harder battles end up serving as a signpost that there will be much less content of interest past that point.

The story is where the game completely bottoms out its score for me. I wasn't looking for a 1:1 story of the original, but I didn't want something like this mess either. The original is still highly regarded to this day because it did so much right: character development, sound, gameplay, story-telling (which includes pacing), it even subverted expectations before that was the cool thing to do. So, what could be done with something so perfectly crafted? You can look at the result objectively, see the tiny cracks and flaws that time has shown, subtly repair those imperfections and improve the entire project through minor changes. Instead, we got Nomura. And Nomura does things the Nomura way. This means we get ridiculous over the top villains (but not really, cause friendship will save the day), we got convoluted plot lines designed to span over years and years of content with the pay-off usually amount to too little, too late, and we get his story that he wanted to make. What we got was NOT Final Fantasy 7 Remake, what we got was Final Fantasy 7 Reimagined. Nomura's direction allowed the fundamentals of the game to exist, but not when they would get in the way of the story he felt he needed to change the original in to.

Final thoughts: Final Fantasy 7 Remake is an overproduced game that will appeal to fan boys in a similar vein that a jingling pair of keys will appeal to an infant. It's shiny and sparkly and new. It lacks any substance or reverence for the original story (not world, there's a difference). This game will sell very well and will pave the road for canon spin-offs spanning multiple consoles and hand-helds and maybe in 15 more years, the final part will come out where Sephiroth and Cloud join forces to prevent Aerith's death at the hands of the watchers because the black materia and the white materia can bring paradise to the planet if they're linked.
  6. Apr 16, 2020
    I give this game the worst possible score because it essentially scams the consumer by calling itself a remake despite actually being a sequel.

However, the fact that Square blatantly scams its audience is not not the only thing wrong with this game. The presentation is underwhelming when compared to the real Final Fantasy VII. A good example in this very game is Sephiroth. What made him so effective in the original game? Subtlety, a drawn out but distant threat, unclear motives, seeing his power without actually seeing him. What do we get instead? The guy shows up as soon as humanly possible and is talking straight to Cloud. Zero subtlety.

Furthermore, this game has unholy amounts padding. They took 5-minute dungeons and turned them into hour-long FF13 hallways. The sidequests are uninspired, tedious and cliche.

It's pretty underwhelming considering it's been in production for 5+ years. It's padded with tedious. The slums are barely expanded, with no upper plate exploration. Most of the areas are empty hallways with pointless alleyways.

Even visually, it disappoints. It has some of the ugliest in-game graphics we've seen this console generation.There is really no excuse for a AAA product of this magnitude to have this much of a problem loading textures and reusing assets (there is one location that has three NPC clones right next to one another).

The story, however, is the worst part of this game aside from it being a scam. Even discounting the butchered ending, there's lots of eye-rolling moments and baffling decisions throughout. Lots of classic scenes were cut arbitrarily.

Combat is too easy and braindead if you enjoy action games and not strategic enough if you enjoy strategy games. It's the worst of both worlds.
  7. Apr 10, 2020
    All Square Enix needed to do was follow the script's core beats, and flesh it out, while fully realizing the setting's world, ambiance and characters. For about half the game, they actually achieve this. It's a joyful, nostalgic trip to Midgar, with Avalanche growing dear to your heart all over again. Tifa and Aerith are stunning in their added depth and interactions with the rest of theAll Square Enix needed to do was follow the script's core beats, and flesh it out, while fully realizing the setting's world, ambiance and characters. For about half the game, they actually achieve this. It's a joyful, nostalgic trip to Midgar, with Avalanche growing dear to your heart all over again. Tifa and Aerith are stunning in their added depth and interactions with the rest of the cast. Infiltrating Don Corneo's abode had me laughing at just how good it was.

But the further the story progressed, the harder did Nojima and Toriyama deviate from the original's story and developments. From introducing core villains, whose presence was supposed to be felt as a looming dread, without fully unveiling them yet, far too early over additions of fate ghosts to a completely absurd, rewritten ending that pulls everything into question while making it clear that no, this is not a Remake, but a reimagining, a reboot, with the publisher opening the next part up to being whatever they wish it to be (or is easier to produce than a faithful sequel), the so-called Remake is a massive letdown.

I was ready to adore this game. Cautiously optimistic ever since they announced it, being of the old guard that had been wishing for a faithful remake for a decade before the announcement dropped, I wanted to love it. For a good amount of hours, I actually did. It is a great shame that they decided to abandon the script in favor of Nojima's prime storytelling device (not to spoil things directly, but if you look at a list of games he's written for on Wikipedia, you'll be able to tell what most of them have in common...).

The real tragedy of this first part of the "remake" really is that they did nearly everything right for so much of the game. From adding sidequests to flesh out the Sector 7 slums and their inhabitants, adding dialogue, making a real show out of the Honey Bee manor, speeding up some tedious parts while allowing further exploration in others. Graphically, the game looks absolutely stunning and I am ready to consider the main cast here to be the definitive versions, the best overall designed and authentic renditions. The music is for the most part incredibly well arranged from the original Uematsu tracks, although the new tracks fall short on a stylistic level. Added characters and comedic relief work in the game's favor at the point they occur, before everything comes tumbling down to crash and burn.

It left me asking myself whether these changes were intended from the start, or were taken as a get out of jail free option when Square Enix's executives realized just how expensive the full game would turn out being, if they kept the same level of detail and interaction throughout all we remember from the original. It's almost like they put so much of their budget into the first half, they couldn't possibly maintain this scope for future zones, cities, dungeons and the like. Abandoning the original makes sense on some level, considering that, especially when it comes with a sort of justification to do things differently with part 2. The problem is, that none of these full rewrites are good. They're fanfic-level absurdities that fail to grasp what made the original beloved in the first place. It's as if they didn't truly understand why fans wanted a remake, or what they expected of it. Maybe they figured that sales of Kingdom Hearts 3 indicated that people wanted more of that absurd type of modern Square Enix storytelling? I'm grasping at straws here, trying to somehow understand what made this company throw one of their most highly valued and cherished title into the river to drown any future expectations.

If I had Nojima's timey wimey powers vested within me, I would like to turn back time to the moment that the relevant staff at Square Enix decided to make these fatal decisions, and force them to defy fate. I wished this game nothing but success, but this company has once again managed to disappoint and, in a sense, infuriate. My biggest fear is that the rewrites will tarnish the original's legacy, especially for the newcomer audience that expected to hop into it with no prior experience. To them, it'll feel very disjointed, but probably cool due to the way it looks and plays. They won't be able to grasp what made the original a classic for the ages, however.
    That's a shame.
  8. Apr 12, 2020
    After 50 hours including most of the side quest:

Pros+ 1) Great music. 2) Stunning visuals. 3) Good voice acting. Cons- 1) Childish-Anime dialogues. 2) Mediocre Battle action system. 3) Turn based is bad, even worst than the original. 4) Bald side quests. 5) Felt way too short compared to modern RPGs at same release price. 6) Poor or no replayability. Needs to be mentioned to avoid let
    After 50 hours including most of the side quest:

Pros+
    1) Great music.
    2) Stunning visuals. 3) Good voice acting.

Cons-
    1) Childish-Anime dialogues.
    2) Mediocre Battle action system.
    3) Turn based is bad, even worst than the original.
    4) Bald side quests.
    5) Felt way too short compared to modern RPGs at same release price.
    6) Poor or no replayability.

Needs to be mentioned to avoid let downs from classic fans: IS A REBOOT NOT A REMAKE.
  9. Apr 10, 2020
    All the 0 rated reviews so far are people who failed to even understand what this remake project was. The remake is the first portion of the original game due to how big the original game was. The developers really wanted to add to the experience that's why they've added so much more lore and events!

The Remake has genuinely improved on the original by fleshing out the story and the characters especially! The music is something else too... some of the best arrangement I've heard in a long time!
  10. Apr 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Most people knew that this wasn't going to be a shot-for-shot replica of the original game which is fine, but the ending to FF7R completely derails from the original to the point where semantics of what a 'remake' is becomes irrelevant. It uses the history and characters of the FF7 universe to start a brand new story on an alternate timeline. Characters that should be dead, no longer are so fundamental motivations and character arcs are out of the window. The next parts will be starting fresh and this should be extremely worrying to anyone who knows Squares recent history. Square no longer has the ability to create new stories that are coherent or interesting. This is why people were excited for a remake of a story that everyone already loved. They couldn't possibly screw this one up and yet they still have.

Aside from the ending, there are plenty of other negatives too. Filler is a major problem. The side quests are almost all basic filler fetch quests. "Go here, kill x enemies, come back, go somewhere else, repeat." I've seen people defending this saying that you can't create a 30+ hour game without some padding. I don't understand this at all. Either make the game shorter or make the "padding" GOOD content. The game is much more linear than I expected. Almost every single walkable area in the game is a narrow corridor.
    The hybrid combat system is actually pretty good but there are big flaws in the AI. The enemies always agro on the character that the player is controlling and your allies do very little to help or defend themselves. This combination seems to be Squares way of ensuring that you switch characters often but it is so poorly executed and feels forced.
    The camera sucks in combat even with the recommended changes to the settings. You can't see what you're looking at half the time, especially if the enemy is above you.
    There is also a serious texture problem. The worst being looking down to the slums from the plate. I believe that this will be fixed in the day 1 patch though. It needs to be.

It sucks to give this game such a low score. FF7 is my all time favourite and I really wanted this to succeed. The game gets some things right, and when it does, it absolutely nails them. But sadly there is just far too much crap surrounding it, that i'm left disappointed overall.
  11. Apr 12, 2020
    It's very hard to score this game. Many of the moments in this game had me floored. I loved the combat, although I notice a lot of people are missing the turn based system. The deeper storytelling and acting had me plastered to the screen all the way through. The impossible had happened: an amazing, faithful remake of FF7 had come into existence. It was a couple of hours before the endIt's very hard to score this game. Many of the moments in this game had me floored. I loved the combat, although I notice a lot of people are missing the turn based system. The deeper storytelling and acting had me plastered to the screen all the way through. The impossible had happened: an amazing, faithful remake of FF7 had come into existence. It was a couple of hours before the end where I was completely sold. I expected to escape and ride down the highway into some sort of To Be Continued-screen. My 9 or even 10 score was ready to be dealt out.

But then it takes a turn. A very hard turn. I tried to buy what it was trying to sell me, but my attachment to the story was quickly dissolving on the screen. After seeing that conclusion, I felt like I could no longer recommend this game to anyone. It's very hard to pick a score, but I think I have to base it on how fatigued and empty I feel whenever I see a thumbnail of the game now.

I would say I'm a difficult fan to please when it comes to FF7. The original has been the most influential gaming experience of my life, since I played it in -99. I know every line and beat. But I will not be picking up the subsequent releases of this reboot series.

A lot of new players enjoy it. That's good. But for me, it was a sad waste of an opportunity, and a sad waste of all the earlier phenomenal moments that were based on the source material.
  12. Apr 13, 2020
    In all, this game is absolutely amazing. Combat is great, graphics look stunning, music is excellent and the voice acting is perfect. Then the overall gameplay, the fan service, the atmosphere of the game and the nostalgia trip is just a jaw dropping experience for all fans of FFVII, only derailed by small "filler" material and the controversial ending.
    I don't mind any of the minor
    I don't mind any of the minor changes! I love the depiction of all the characters in the game! The main cast, Avalanche members, Red XIII, the higher ups at Shinra, all of them!
  13. Dec 6, 2020
    This game sucks. Once you'll finish it there's a twist that absolutely ruins the franchise. If this was developers way of paying homage to the original game, they should all be fired. Square-Enix hasn't been able to write anything coherent since Sakaguchi left the company.

The ending feels like the adults were done with the script and some kid came in and drew crayons over the last few pages.

The antagonist of the game, Sephiroth is introduced too early which breaks the tension.

Get your narrative together Nomura, you can't write. Sakaguchi's approach of wholesomeness and creativity is gone with your childish plot twists and the greed of your company shareholders. Square-Enix became the Shinra. The story of this game sucks so hard, that every single employee involved making these decisions should be fired on the spot. Super disappointed.
  14. Apr 24, 2020
    So like most people I thought FF7:R was a remake;usually when remake is implied in the title;it's insinuating that they're remaking assets from the ground up;even though there are plenty of articles to show as sources that SE implied this was a 1:1 remake with a ton of content now padded to the game(the reason why they decided on episodic chapters);however this is not the case. FF7:R is aSo like most people I thought FF7:R was a remake;usually when remake is implied in the title;it's insinuating that they're remaking assets from the ground up;even though there are plenty of articles to show as sources that SE implied this was a 1:1 remake with a ton of content now padded to the game(the reason why they decided on episodic chapters);however this is not the case. FF7:R is a sequel to FF7,advent children, and Crisis Core. It's not necessarily a bad game;as a pseudo-action RPG it's pretty great. You might be wondering why I'm listing it as a "psuedo" action RPG;well one thing this game stays faithful to is how the battle-system works;similar to the original RPG;FF7R treats the player as if they're going through a turn-based combat system(very similar to FF12, or Crisis Core, but not quite). You're able to freely move, and utilize basic attacks, or pick specials without cool-downs(not including limit breakers);however unlike an action RPG your evasion inputs really don't matter unless you're avoiding large AOEs,constantly managing your party, and switching characters to utilize the best method of taking out enemies, or supporting fellow party members;as an action RPG it falls flat,as a spin to classic RPGS though it does a great job with its battle-system. If you're open to a new story I'm sure the game diverging the plot won't be an issue, but if you're expecting a 1:1 remake, or a follow up to the original story via ep.2 you're not going to get it;I'm emphasizing this is a sequel, because of Sephiroth, and because of a returning character from Crisis Core;also because of ghosts that weren't in the original story that now are;if you don't know what I'm talking about;play the game, or don't;maybe look up a walk-through. I understand if SE wanted to not spoil to the audience this would be a sequel, but HONESTLY it's false advertisement, and it's disgusting. All in all the "selling-point" of this "remake" is its gameplay, but it's a step below FFXV(which is saying a lot, because FFXV's combat was already severely flawed", and the materia system works, but that's it;nothing really exceptional going on with the battle-system, or the materia system. This game really just acts like fan-service to those who enjoy action RPGs who could never get into a turn-based game. What a disappointment Square Enix is. Expand
  15. Apr 10, 2020
    I'm a 30-something-year-old boomer, first played the original when I was 13 and replayed it off and on since then.

When I played the initial bombing mission in the Remake, I felt like a kid again. As I progressed in the story, there were moments of great beauty. In some scenes it's everything I've ever wanted, the hairs on my arms standing at full attention. Then those *things* show up and are like OOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY and ruin the whole moment. It's like an annoying sibling running in the room and screaming at the top of their lungs to annoy you and you lose your good vibes.

This game is padded more than Tifa's orthopedic underwear. If your goal is to tickle your nostalgia bone, then you are going to be frustrated when you want to discover the next remade scene, only to find that the game forces you to endure generic RPG quests and busywork in a horrid daytime rendition of the slums.

I expected to make some compromises. I made peace with the episodic nature of the game. I prepared myself for some modern anime storytelling tropes and the cringe that goes with it. I wasn't expecting a 1:1 recreation. What we got instead was something akin to Kingdom Hearts, anime nonsense that doesn't mean anything.

FF7 may have been science-fiction fantasy, but it was about something, particularly the Midgar portion. Corporations, environmentalism, class struggles, terrorism and so on. Some of that is in the Remake, but for every moment that captures the heart of the original, there are many more that seem to miss the entire point of the original as ghostly beings swirl around doing who knows what and the characters grimace at them. But not before you find Midgar's lost cats.

It doesn't make me hopeful for future episodes. One could make the case the original FF7 went off the rails at some point in the end game. The Remake is off the rails within the first hour.
  16. Apr 13, 2020
    The original was an important part of my childhood and so I looked forward to the remake with careful anticipation. Expecting to be disappointed but still pre-ordered to get back in to the world at the earliest opportunity.

Wow, my life was not my own as i plunged most of the waking day into exploring this beautifully remade story. Now watching the credits 4 days(30 played hours) later and not even having explored the post game material which the developers have definitely lovingly crafted, i can honestly say this is the best game ever made.

You may be a fps master or a strategy nerd or even wander the vast worlds created by other games but you will never feel the things this game makes you feel. Add to that the masterful way the game works. I do not believe anybody would be disappointed in there purchase if they choose to enter this masterpiece either for nostalgic reasons or because you want to learn for yourself what all of the fuss is about, all I will say is have your tissues ready!!!.

Late addition to this review after reading some of the others and just a few sentences in response to them - The story was always going to be fleshed out, I'm not sure if you are actually disappointed with the changes or you would just like to sound intelligent by suggesting that they don't fit with what is to come(i.e. part 2,3...) The ending wasn't too dissimilar to the OG and I'm not sure how you can decide that it is going to ruin something that doesn't even exist yet, now I command all of you remakeoaners to go and replay this fantastic game for what it is and if it doesn't quite fit in later on, then gripe but don't take the enjoyment away from yourself now because you are assuming the worst!!!!
  17. Apr 19, 2020
    ###SPOILERS###

###SPOILERS###

Anybody who gave this game a good score, hasn't finished the game or is so worn down by square enix that they just don't care. While the first 2/3rds of the game made me feel like the good times, before the empire, the last third of the game is a blatant slap in the face to fans of the classic game. I understand it's a remake, and that you need to make it fresh, but to change critical story points and add a half baked notion of fate/destiny to a world where that never existed is disgusting and disrespectful to the classic. This game takes away from the agency of the characters, their trials their sacrifice in order to make something more Nomura like, i.e. bringing Kairi back to life in KH3. Barrett is basically Kairi in this game, he gets stabbed in the chest by Sephiroth, then the fate ghosts bring him back to life, yes their are actual FATE ghosts in the game. Not to mention that the fate ghosts look like giant mummified phallus. I'm sorry if you have to suffer through this game, because if someone with half a brain had kept Nomura from writing this ending then it could have been a classic.

Also the combat is amazing, till you realized it doesn't evolve at all. Enemies use too much interrupting abilities to actually play the game without hitting r2 to pause. Also they turned it into an mmo where you have to manage aggro, because guess what, your allies' atb bar doesn't fill up on its own. So you will be spending most of combat slamming square to build it up. It's needlessly micro-managey. I hoped they would implement mechanics so that your teammates didn't stand around doing jack while you build your atb, but nope. Basically they took a less refined version of ff12's combat and made it even more useless. Add all up this isn't even a complete game and they have the nerve to charge a full price is the end. The good will earned by 14 and 12 is done. I will not buy a single square enix game again, even the western ips. Thanks guys for being arrogant and disrespectful.
  18. Apr 13, 2020
    Great game, great combat and great characters.

Overall it could have a little more hours with better sidequests, it has some grafics issues that I believe will be fixed soon and I'm not sure how I feel about some changes in the story, tho I have not seen the end so far. After finishing the game, I went back here to change the score of the game from 9 to 5. To be honest, the
    Great game, great combat and great characters.

To be honest, the remake is done, next game will not be a remake and the story probably will be all new. I dont get it... if SE and Nomura wanted to do a new story why they didnt made a new FF or even remade FF VII but telling everyone that this game would be a completely total new game with a new history.

FF VII remake turn out to be very similar to the OG till the ending where it implies that the history will change.... man that **** of keepers of fate... producers always had the power to redo the story how they please... they dont need this stupid excuse of keepers of fate... just redo the dam game with a complete new history but tell the fans so.... What SE did was to announce a remake that would be faithfull to the original and in parts.... What I understood was that all parts would be similar to the OG, but in reality they made the first game very similar to the OG and inserted in a crappy excuse, that they didnt really needed, to chance to story in the next parts. Producers may change anything, they dont need this silly excuse that mades everything so confused... It would be much better if they announced a FF VII in parts that would be a complete new story... ppl wouldnt be so disapointed...

I´ll probably buy the next games no matter what, the game is good, the combat is very fun... I just got very disapointed because I was hoping (implying to what SE said, that this ramake would be very similar to the OG) to see the same events...
  19. Apr 18, 2020
    I would say it was an 7-9 rating until I hit the final chapter (chapter 18). The immense retcon to the story and the future of the setting was enough to utterly ruin the game's story and the future of the series. I won't be buying a sequel.
  20. May 1, 2020
    Final Fantasy 7: Remake is the perfect example of when too much FILLER becomes basically a LORE killer!
    This game is even laughable focused on a generic KINGDOM HEARTS kind of way & I'm not just talking about gameplay.., which is also one of its biggest problems, apart from the fact that for the most of it.. has intermediate sections, in which one has absolutely nothing to do, aside from side-quests, which have no relevance in the plot of the movie, I mean, game, & that makes it simply ¡¡-BORING-!!
  21. Apr 10, 2020
    It's an okay game. The story has many **** filler kingdom hearts part but the game is a decent action-rpg. If you don't know the original than this will be a complete game like a first season of a series.
  22. Apr 22, 2020
    tl;dr : The game is amazing and really worth the wait/purchase price!

tl;dr : The game is amazing and really worth the wait/purchase price!

Years of waiting, fears and doubts we're blown out of the water for me with the release.... The music, the story, graphics and gameplay are just amazing! Yes it has texture issues... but that doesn't take away from the entire experience... All I can say is that I cannot wait for part 2... Its scary what will happen from here on out after the ending and how this wil tie in to the next parts of this game...

A must have for me, but perhaps not everybody. Thank you to everyone who made me cry with happiness playing this game and stare with longing whilst the credits rolled past. Thank you.
  23. Apr 15, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was in love with this game from start to about the last couple hours of the game. The team at Square Enix did everything right to retell the story from Midgar in a modern way. The battle system is on another level and in my opinion has set a new standard for the genre. The pacing was also on point, it never really had slow spots. I was going to give it a perfect score until the end. Not to say I’m infuriated by it, but the original made a big impact on me and I was really looking forward to the almost 1:1 remake. But if they put as much effort into the next installments as this, I have no doubt they will succeed. Expand
  24. Oct 17, 2020
    this is not a remake this is an abomination not worth $60.00 x4 for each chapter its full of fluff and fetch quests this is kingdom hearts with ff7 characters if this was a song SE would be sued for plagiarism get your money back before the 90 days are up and don't buy. every person that gave it a good review is dishonest or never played the greatest game ever ps1 ff7 i still play ff7this is not a remake this is an abomination not worth $60.00 x4 for each chapter its full of fluff and fetch quests this is kingdom hearts with ff7 characters if this was a song SE would be sued for plagiarism get your money back before the 90 days are up and don't buy. every person that gave it a good review is dishonest or never played the greatest game ever ps1 ff7 i still play ff7 with my ps2 and just got a black chocobos i have been playing ff7 since 1997 when it was originally released in the us and this garbage called a remake is not ff7 only the 1st 2hrs of game play are. then it goes to garbage. SE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN FOR THIS CRAP THEY JUST CANT LET GO OF KINGDOM HEARTS WHAT DID YOU THINK WE WERE STUPID REALLY ff7 original is one of the greatist games of all times it has laughter, tears it has true omg moments and great stories. some char we fell in love with some we hated with all our hearts and what i wanted as a die hard lover of ff7 is to play it with modern graphics with voices and fall in love with the char all over again with a new visual not some 30hr+ wast of fluff midgar was only 15min into disk 1 and you turn'd it into 30+ of garbage damn you square damn you Expand
  25. Apr 11, 2020
    This game is a solid 9. It’s not perfect but it’s up there. The game is a re-imagining, as if FFVII was never released until 2020. That’s how you have to think of this game. If you’re expecting the same thing as the original then you might be a bit upset. It’s unreasonable to expect that, so the sooner you remove that expectation, the sooner you’ll be able to see this game for what itThis game is a solid 9. It’s not perfect but it’s up there. The game is a re-imagining, as if FFVII was never released until 2020. That’s how you have to think of this game. If you’re expecting the same thing as the original then you might be a bit upset. It’s unreasonable to expect that, so the sooner you remove that expectation, the sooner you’ll be able to see this game for what it truly is - a well thought-out first installment in a series. The music is a perfect 10. The character development is a perfect 10. The immersion is a perfect 10. If you have ever wanted to feel what it’s like to be inside FFVII, then this is the game for you, because it’s the closest thing you can have. The only reason that I didn’t give this game a perfect 10 overall is because the battle controls take some getting used to; I give that a 6.5. At first, fighting is clunky, but you’ll get accustomed to it. Also the viewing angles can be a bit chaotic, but it’s not that bad. I can see why people give a 10 to this game, but there is absolutely no reason to give this game a 0. That score is asinine and unfair. Even Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES doesn’t deserve a 0 score. In all fairness, I think a score of 7 to 9.5 is a reasonable spectrum. Expand
  26. Apr 11, 2020
    This 'remake' is an insult to those of us who have been waiting 20+ years to finally get to play an updated version of the game. (Which is what everyone wanted.) Suddenly, this game changes the entire plot and **** the bed for any future installments and everyone's praising it for being meta and deep.

I'm so sick of the whole "this is good because it subverts your expectations!". It wasn't good when Star Wars did it, and it's not good now.
  27. Apr 15, 2020
    You will be kidnapped by thirsty NPC's and forced to do menial labor for the first 50 (FIFTY) hours if you try to do everything, but the last 3 hours almost make up for it.

One thing you will notice not even a quarter into the game is that the characters beat you over the head *relentlessly* with unsubtle hints about what the big "twist" is. I like the concept of the new theme being introduced but it further waters down a surprisingly under-developed story. Whenever the game gets you on the edge of your seat, a left-field plot thread is introduced that interrupts the current story thread you are engaged with, completely undercutting the pacing. Characters contradict themselves frequently and we don't get satisfying story arcs for any of them. Cut-scenes are poorly directed and character dialog is atrocious, sometimes nonsensical.

Gameplay-wise, there is little depth to battles until about 3/4 of the way through the game. Equipment upgrades are few and inconsequential. When you do finally need to be careful about managing your stats and abilities, the game has under-prepared you. There are very few monster encounters even if you do all side-quests immediately when you get them. Money s not good for much but potions that refill your magic (ethers), and you will often find that you don't have enough. The game tends not register correct player input during its dozen or so minigames (some of them mandatory). The worst sin of all is the frequency with which you are forced to walk (as in : not run) behind characters for 10 minutes listening to them go on about errands, or shimmy between buildings.

Of all the FFVII characters, I liked Barret best and I like him best in this version too. It is really a shame that he is put down RELENTLESSLY by the rest of the party. A lot of scenes with the female characters are gross too, and not in a humorous way. Part of this may have to do with a misunderstanding of how flirting in Japanese translates to English. A lot of dialog that may have been intended as jokes comes off as pandering or even creepy. At one point, Cloud, Barret and Tifa are searching a men's room for an air duct, and Tifa asks what she should do if somebody comes in and sees her. Barret replies, "Drop and show them the boys" (sic). Now, that was funny, but not in a good way; in a sloppy way.

Despite being disappointed by the execution, I am still glad I played the game, especially the last few chapters. There is nothing in this game that Square-Enix nailed, but it is pretty enough to keep you wondering what happens next.
  28. Apr 18, 2020
    I genuinely feel bad for people that didn't enjoy this game because the story deviates slightly from the original, rather than being identical to the original but with updated graphics. FF7 Remake seems to be halfway between a remake and a sequel, and I for one am very ok with that. FF7 the original is one of my favorite games of all time. I've been wishing and waiting for the remake forI genuinely feel bad for people that didn't enjoy this game because the story deviates slightly from the original, rather than being identical to the original but with updated graphics. FF7 Remake seems to be halfway between a remake and a sequel, and I for one am very ok with that. FF7 the original is one of my favorite games of all time. I've been wishing and waiting for the remake for like twenty years. I didn't even think it was going to be good! For the game to come out and be pretty fun, as well as being pretty faithful to the original is nothing short of a miracle. If part 2 is even almost as good I'll be thrilled. Everyone that gave this game a bad rating is being picky. If you didn't want them to change anything, you should just go play a remaster of the 1997 game. Expand
  29. Apr 15, 2020
    This is one of the best JRPG I have ever played and believe me I have played a lot. This game has everything in a story, funny moments, haunted chapters that give goosebumps, it got it all, even mini-games feel good, My whole family is doing the exercise mini-game in the gym to beat my high score. You feel attached to the characters and feel the need for the urgency to take down bad peopleThis is one of the best JRPG I have ever played and believe me I have played a lot. This game has everything in a story, funny moments, haunted chapters that give goosebumps, it got it all, even mini-games feel good, My whole family is doing the exercise mini-game in the gym to beat my high score. You feel attached to the characters and feel the need for the urgency to take down bad people because you care for characters. I have never played original but once I complete i am going to start that, as I need more of Cloud Strife. Expand
  30. Apr 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is beyond next-level in terms of visual, gameplay, story. Some glitches with camera, but overall truly immersive. So called padding material is really geared for those new to FF7 and gets players slowly built up and emotionally invested in the world and its characters, all games have them. And the injected extra angle with fate really perks up the novelty of what is a 23-year old game, maybe we can save Aeris/Aerith after all. SE deserves kudos and support for this project, there's so much TLC evident in this first chapter. Expand
  31. Apr 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved this game , it was a amazing start for the rest of the journey and left me begging for more and wanting to know what happen next even though i played the original. I think that what we see is that the end is just another way the things could have go , like zack not dying , but no things will go the way of the original , and the whole defeating the whispers was so you could stop shepirot and the visions cloud and the gang see are indeed the future but they just see glimpses so they dont fully understand , aerith was scared to go against the whispers because she knew she would have to sacrifice herself , and the bit in the end show us that she can see the past and the alternate time lines and she chose the one where she sacrifices her self over the one where she would stay in midgar underneath the steel sky , its obvious things are a little different sure but we didn't have the whispers in the first game , and they were created so that part 1 would give some closure so dont be afraid that they gonna change the end or aerith dead they won't but they leaving crisis core and the others spins offs aside , and things might not go as you expect but the keys moments will remain the same dont jump to conclusions Expand
  32. Apr 11, 2020
    A refreshing breath of air into a timeless classic. Far more than a simple remaster, yet it holds on to elements of the original that made it great. This is absolutely the must-play game of the year, whether you loved the original, or are playing the game for the first time.
  33. Apr 11, 2020
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, that's how I'd describe my final opinion of this Nomura headed 'REMAKE' of FF7.

I was ready to give this game a 10/10 and immediately start up a second, hard-mode playthrough of the game as a victory lap of what was 90% one of the most incredible gaming experiences I've ever had. 23 years ago I wasn't even old enough to appreciate the OG

23 years ago I wasn't even old enough to appreciate the OG FFVII, though a few years after it's release I did play through it and for myself, and many, many other now 20+ year old gamers, it was etched in my memory as the definitive RPG game and a wonderful, unique story told through arguably the most iconic cast of characters of all time in gaming.

It's 2020, and the so called 'REMAKE' that seemed like a mythical dream we all had that would never be realised, ala Half-Life 3, is finally here.

56 hours in and the game reaches an incredible crescendo of nostalgic boss after boss, massive set pieces that were only polygons interpreted into imagined epic scenes back in 1997, are finally fully realised with glorious graphics and sound.

However, throughout the journey I kept getting a sick feeling in my stomach. These hooded sand-ghosts flying around scenes and influencing the action, I kept trying to interpret this new addition to the narrative, I tried to settle on it just being a device to show the planet trying to direct the heroes on their path, or even Jenova cells deceiving them.

Something just didn't quite sit right though, they looked, and behaved quite like 'Nobodies' in the KH series, a thought which broke the immersion and brought me back to a reality where Tetsuya Nomura was at the helm.

I remember how awful the KH series had become, how much of a let down FFXV was, how convoluted and contrived the plots were, and how cringeworthy the FFVII expanded universe had been (perhaps bar some parts of Crisis Core, though a lot of it was very, very 'anime').

And so, with that sick feeling in my stomach I reached the last few chapter of the game, knowing in the back of my mind that things were about to go off the rails, at least to some extent.

Suffice to say, things were worse than I could have imagined. I don't need to describe the events of the end of this game, but it was truly, truly disappointing, and actually quite saddening, to see what could have been such a celebration and honouring of an all-time classic be corrupted.

After the end credits I found myself quite upset if I'm being honest. It's the same sort of feeling that the final season of GOT gave me, or that feeling when a band you love 'sells out' and starts playing cheap, formulaic pop songs.

There's quite a few thoughts and questions I've been ruminating over, now that I'm starting to digest what's been done in this game.

Why did they call it 'REMAKE' and not advertise it as a completely new story, or even a sequel (I think the events of the game point towards it being more of the latter)? I think I would have not pre-ordered, and would have set my expectations very differently, had this been the case. I suspect money could be the only reason I feel duped as a fan of the original.

Who decided that the story should be drastically changed, and indeed be changed by none other than one of the stinkiest, hack-iest tropes of story telling in time-travel and alternative universes? I suspect Nomura had a big hand in this, given his track record on creating absolute messes of narratives in recent game he's been heavily involved in.

The thought that angers me most is that the original FFVII is a piece of art, it's no longer something should be though of as solely owned by its creators. It's in the hearts of many, many fans, who give the game and story its honoured place as a classic through their fandom and love for it.

The more and more I think about it, I feel like Nomura and co. have little to no respect for the fans that have given their work this love, and perhaps even harbour some contempt for them wanting to see their childhood imagination and memories of the story realised as they deserve to be.

There is a certain arrogance to twisting this world and story to their own whim, as if to say that "this is our world, our characters, what you fans think means nothing to us, we can do what we want with them and you can get f**ked if you disagree".

Perhaps I will come to terms with the fact that there will probably now never be a full and proper remake of this game, keeping the original, impeccable narrative intact, whilst fleshing out the world and characters in a tasteful fashion. The first 90% of this game achieved this goal, just to throw it out in the final hour or so.

Perhaps I'll let it go one day, and try to enjoy the sequel, though I won't hold my breath given how truly awful the new writing at the end of this game was

You were so, so close to perfection, but I suspect egos, pay-checks, and influence are too much a factor at Square-Enix.
  34. Apr 20, 2020
    This game satisfied my expectations, full stop. I spent 45 hours with this (I didn't even spend the full time with everything they give you) and if you are a fan, you'll enjoy it! As a game loved by many, they had a tall order to fulfill and everything from character interactions, voice acting, harnessing colloquialisms, music, capturing the charm of the story, it all worked. I'm notThis game satisfied my expectations, full stop. I spent 45 hours with this (I didn't even spend the full time with everything they give you) and if you are a fan, you'll enjoy it! As a game loved by many, they had a tall order to fulfill and everything from character interactions, voice acting, harnessing colloquialisms, music, capturing the charm of the story, it all worked. I'm not getting these '0' and negative reviews - it's a beautiful game and very worthwhile.

It is heavily story-oriented, leaving me wanting for more gameplay, to be released into the world. The main game had this portion of the story very on rails as well, so the scope of the game was detrimental to this specific entry. That said, they were able to add small elements of freedom, which was very bite-sized and wasn't completely satisfying. Their reuse of all of the areas was creative but again seemed a bit like spreading a little butter over too much bread.

That said, the game is remarkably beautiful, fully polished and rang true to a remake. The boss fights were tough, variable and interesting. There were a lot of ways to build your characters. I found the gameplay very interesting, though there is room to improve. My main gripes with the battle system is that it felt a bit too messy sometimes- I couldn't properly use abilities, spells, items because the actions took too long to animate. It basically took out the element of skill and planning if an enemy can jump across the screen and immediately stop you. I suppose this is supposed to make it more challenging but I found it was often hard to tell when that was going to happen. If there was a buff that could make you uninterruptible that could provide a good solution.

I hope the rest of the game is less on rails... I loved the open-world aspect of the original and am very excited to see the next iteration.
  35. Apr 17, 2020
    FINAL FANTASY VII "REMAKE" Is an insulting marketing scam directed by a childish egomaniac with no respect for the original game or the fans.
    THIS GAME IS NOT A REMAKE. it's advertising fraud. The core plot & themes have been ripped out and replaced with an idiotic, convoluted trainwreck involving the stupidest ideas ever conceived.
    Time travel, alternate timelines, alternate dimensions,
    Time travel, alternate timelines, alternate dimensions, visions of the future, time travelling ghosts from a future timeline that make the audience lose brain cells every time they appear.
    Profoundly idiotic nonsense that has no place in the story or universe & belongs in the tangled mess that is Kingdom Hearts. The characters aren't even the same. They're alternate characters from an alternate universe/timeline. i'm not joking.

--THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT & HORRIBLE ORIGINAL STORY--
    A direct quote from a Square Enix Gamespot interview
    "in terms of how faithful the remake is to the original Final Fantasy VII, from the perspective of the storyline it is very faithful indeed"
    Square Enix LIED. they have lied to their fans for 5 years straight.
    The game starts off looking similar to FF7 at the intro of the bombing mission for the purpose of deceiving you, then the plot quickly drives off a cliff into poorly written absurdity that bears little to no resemblance to FF7. Cloud is having visions of the future, Aerith and Sephiroth are now from the future, as if this wasn't enough to completely ruin their character development & every great scene they're supposed to have Sephiroth now shows up every 5 minutes ruining the build up he had and his reveal in FF7, there are also time travelling ghosts that show up way too often. they are at the core of the bastardised plot making up the most moronic & badly written scenes in this game. Things get even stupider towards the Shinra building & the ending is just a surreal mess that plays out like a bad fanfiction with terrible implications for the future of the series.

--TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY PADDING--
    When news released this game would be Midgar only (only the first 10% of the original game) the devs claimed it had to be this way because they had so much content and ideas to expand midgar. However There aren't really any new areas, many of the ones that are there are badly made with garbage low resolution textures and a distinct lack of detail and polish, the game feels more linear than ever and ultimately it's obvious they lied again. this game should only be a few hours long however they've padded it out to 30 hours by using the absolute worst aspects of modern 'cinematic' games & RPGs.
    the combat is mostly fun. not solid... but fun however most of the game is not spent doing combat.
    most of your time is wasted on forced side quests that are long, tedious & uninteresting, Forced walking/slow moving state sections, performing meaningless & monotonous interactions that play long animations (e.g pressing triangle to move an obstacle out of your way, pressing a button and waiting for a machine do it's thing, sliding along a narrow wall)
    There's so much of this. it's spread across the game so as not to anger players too much but all together it's only purpose is to pad out the game by wasting hours of the players time.

--THIS GAME IS NOT FOR PEOPLE NEW TO FF7--
    it's completely inaccessible to a new audience. if you wanted to experience FF7 for the first time with modern gameplay and graphics, if you wanted to play an actual remake like you were promised.. you can't. This game is not that. it's a completely different plot by nomura that expects that you've played the original Final Fantasy 7, Crisis Core for the PSP & watched the FF7 Advent children movie to understand it. (there's references to Dirge of Cerberus too)
    Nomura is a pretentious hack who makes his games unapproachable by demanding way more from the audience then his crappy writing is ever deserving of.

Never let Nomura direct or write anything ever again. Square Enix have scammed their fans and this is the last time they'll ever see my money.
  36. Apr 10, 2020
    This is like comparing Star Wars ep.7, to ep.4. If you preferred ep.7 to ep.4, you'll probably be ok with the game.

-GAEMPLAY -COMBAT Combat is easily the best feature of this game! A solid base for all future games to build upon. If there's any reason to play this game, this is it. Inspired between a mix of FF13s stagger system (but more simplistic) FF15s combat (technically more

-GAEMPLAY
    -COMBAT
    Combat is easily the best feature of this game! A solid base for all future games to build upon. If there's any reason to play this game, this is it. Inspired between a mix of FF13s stagger system (but more simplistic) FF15s combat (technically more simplistic, but flows better) and FF12's general "feel".
    Some minor flaws though, such as the camera is R3, but changing lock-on targets is also R3. So if your target is behind you, or out of sight, the act of moving the camera to see them, will lock-on to a different target, and make your attacks miss.
    Most bosses don't have real mechanics. (Roughly 20-25% do though)
    And enemy variety is sparce. (This one isnt fully SE fault.)

Combat Score: 9

-NONCOMBAT GAMEPLAY
    I can't possibly stress this enough. The game is mostly padded filler. It's clear the developers couldn't possibly make enough of the game within the modern age of gaming. The "new areas" are just road blocks/hallways, to slow your progress through the game. It's very disingenuous for the "new content" to be considered an "expansion" upon the original. And with so many long road blocks and tedious treks, the games pacing comes to a crawl. (IMO FF7's strongest feature is its pacing. As any singular factor of the original was never that great, but the pacing made it amazing.)

This alone would easily be scored a 1 out of 10. But, to be fair, there's still more than just pacing. Such as customization. Which is great, and helps fill in the tedium of trekking through the games new hallway sections. Town exploration is mostly fine, sadly no real new areas to explore, since new areas are meant to be road blocks, and not actual hubs/fields. Additionally the old mini games have mostly been ruined, but some of the new mini games are pretty darn good.

So combining it all together...
    GAMEPLAY SCORE: 5

-STORY
    Almost every character introduction involves a lot of poses. (Think Genyu force from DBZ) Followed by some of the cheeziest lines ever written. (Worse than the originals cheeze)
    The new segments are poorly timed, or poorly built up. Such as hoping you would find certain moments scary/intimidating, despite not actually explaining WHY the event should be seen as terrifying. But despite most of the new segments being bad, there are at least a small handful of moments that improved upon the original a bit. (No spoilers here)
    Story segments from the original game had small parts cut out, in awkward ways, that don't make the scene flow properly.
    Lastly, characters aren't really interacting with the situation, location, or other characters reasonably.
    ex: Barret Knows the name of a character that he previously didn't know, despite no one telling him. Then suddenly knows what that character means to another character, despite not being told. Followed by trying to harm the character, despite the character not clearly being an enemy. And lastly, states the characters goals, despite not being told any of this. But YOU the player know this, so they don't bother having the conversations flow correctly.

STORY SCORE: 6

-MUSIC/ART DIRECTION
    This isnt about graphics, but how they chose to use artistic visuals to present the story, along with the music. Both were improperly used. Such as happy music during sad moments. Colorful scenery, when its an oppressive tone in the story.

MUSIC/ART SCORE: 4

FINAL SCORE 5.
    This game was clearly the limit of what they could make, and tries to pretend its about "expanding" the story of midgar, when only 10% of it is expanded, and barely at all. Most new content is designed to slow you down, and not have any actual substance.
    What does Aertith think, when she finds out about Cloud being in Avalanche? What does Cloud think about the bombings? These are questions we'd have loved to see explored, but instead we get only a few lines regarding the implications of the bombings from a small portion of the cast, with most dialogue being about fetch quests, roadblocks, and the trailers new "ghost" looking beings.
    With no spoilers, I can only say the ending is also rather dull, and rushed. The final opponents have even less "mechanics" than prior bosses. (They have none, zero, zilch) And contribute nothing to the plot, while also being a complete change in tone of the rest of the game and story.
    The ending brings worries of all the things they can do wrong with the next games, and unfortunately, I can't warn what they are, w/o spoilers.
  37. Apr 16, 2020
    POSITIVE:
    +1 Perfect battle system
    +1 Main characters design
    +1 Shinra areas design
    +1 Respectable music (no better than the original FF7)
    +1 Diverse strategy
    +1 New bestiary
    +1 New optional missions
    +1 Quantity of content (Quantity > Quality)

NEGATIVE:
    -1 Graphics in open areas, pre rendered graphics and general NPC characters desing for PS2
    -1 NOMURA'S FU**** GHOSTS EVERYWHERE
  38. Apr 10, 2020
    An insult to everything Final Fantasy 7 used to represent. This game covers less than 10 percent of the original, that's the reason why we have so many pointless, boring quests and characters nobody wanted, otherwise we would have been able to complete it in less than eight hours or so. Same for the ridiculous cutscenes. The storyline has been mangled so bad that you will need to play theAn insult to everything Final Fantasy 7 used to represent. This game covers less than 10 percent of the original, that's the reason why we have so many pointless, boring quests and characters nobody wanted, otherwise we would have been able to complete it in less than eight hours or so. Same for the ridiculous cutscenes. The storyline has been mangled so bad that you will need to play the original game in order to make a sense of it. No, I don't care about Kingdom Hearts, Advent Children or any of that stuff. I wanted what was promised: Final Fantasy 7 REMAKE, they even wrote it in capital letters. This game is comparable to the prequels AND the sequels of the original Star Wars trilogy with the ewoks teleporting from the future movies just to mock you and your expectations. Is this the future you want for your games? FF-7 episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 80 dollars each and extra DLCs for the plot, secret characters and summons? Expand
  39. Sep 12, 2020
    The original Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite game of all time, I was eagerly anticipating this remake and for the most part I enjoyed it very much.

The characters are very true to the original game and often given more depth. I actually prefer this combat system to the original, it is a very effective mix of action and turn based combat and every character feels unique. However the camera can sometimes be an issue, especially when dealing with flying enemies. The music is top notch 10/10.

I don't have an issue with the original story being split into parts, anyone with an IQ above room temperature should be able to realise that modern game development is very different from how it was in the 90s. Full 3D characters, environments and voice acting are a totally different beast to polygons pre-rendered backgrounds and text boxes. However there is some superfluous padding to extend the Midgar section and we didn't get to see as many new parts of the city as I had hoped with the game being exclusively set there. Non the less the areas we do see feel alive, vibrant and look great apart from some texture issues.

My main gripe with the game is the massive story changes at the end of the game. I'm not a purist that expected a 1:1 remake, but these changes have some potentially huge ramifications on the story going forward which is a bit of a concern. However given the generally high quality of this first installment I remain optimistic for the future of the remake.

9/10.
  40. Apr 13, 2020
    This game is phenomenal. Square Enix has knocked this game out of the park. There are minor issues that will be fixed such as low resolution textures on rusted metal or wood. This was my only complaint while playing the game. I originally played FF7 back in 1997 when I was 12 years old and it has remained one of my favorite games of all-time. The Remake does an incredible job of re-tellingThis game is phenomenal. Square Enix has knocked this game out of the park. There are minor issues that will be fixed such as low resolution textures on rusted metal or wood. This was my only complaint while playing the game. I originally played FF7 back in 1997 when I was 12 years old and it has remained one of my favorite games of all-time. The Remake does an incredible job of re-telling the story we all loved in a much more dynamic way. Some of the story has been changed, but all major events remain the same. The ending of the game has come under high levels of criticism, but don't let the hate fool you. There is a lot of missing information from part 2 and any other parts beyond that that will determine what the events at the end of part 1 mean. If you are a purist you will not enjoy some of the changes, but the majority will really enjoy them and leave people talking about it for a long time to come.

The Good:
    -One of the best battle systems SquareEnix has ever produced
    -Multiple difficulty levels (after completing the game it opens up a hard mode that locks using any items at all.)
    -The world and characters are gorgeous
    -Every single boss battle is engaging and tuned to optimal difficulty
    -The weapons upgrade system makes all weapons viable to use
    -Every character has a unique design to them and all of them feel incredibly satisfying to play and master

The bad:
    -Quite a few textures are low resolution and can be quite jarring at times
    -The ending of the game will be controversial to say the least
    -I 100% completed the game at normal difficulty in about 40 hours which is a bit on the short side

All-in-all I rate this game a 10/10. The good FAR outweighed the bad and SE delivered on an incredibly engaging and polished experience.
  41. Jun 14, 2020
    Teniendo en cuenta que el original FF7 lo jugué en el PSOne, fue el primer juego que tuve y desde ahí lo único que juego son JRPG... mis impresiones son las siguientes:

Gráficos !0/10 Es increíble lo bonito que se ve este juego, se ve bastante realista en todo momento, la iluminación de los objetos es fantástica... te hace sentir que estas literalmente dentro de Midgar, antes sólo se

Gráficos !0/10
    Es increíble lo bonito que se ve este juego, se ve bastante realista en todo momento, la iluminación de los objetos es fantástica... te hace sentir que estas literalmente dentro de Midgar, antes sólo se podía imaginar. Ahora es una ciudad viva con habitantes y sentimientos que hacen más realista el juego.

Música 10/10
    La música se funde perfectamente con las escenas de acción y con los combates, los arreglos que le hicieron a las canciones originales suenan excelente y son un giro fresco y moderno al juego. Me gustó bastante la opción de encontrar discos de música a lo largo del juego como coleccionables. Tengo la edición Deluxe y trae un minisoundtrack que estoy disfrutando bastante.

Historia 7/10
    Aunque ya nos sabemos la historia de este juego, creo que para los que no lo han jugado puede resultar un poco confuso pues no explican bien muchas cosas y sólo son escenas como flascbacks de el pasado de los personajes. Creo que falta más explicación ya sea contada o a manera de documentos coleccionables que lo cuenten. Entiendo que con todo lo que han agregado y la gran cantidad de gráfico, la historia tenga que contarse por capítulos; es algo de lo que no podemos esperar de otra manera debido a la inmensidad de este proyecto que limita a los desarrolladores y siempre será un pequeño defecto de esto: la entrega por partes.

Jugabilidad 9/10
    Yo sólo juego JRPG gracias a este juego en primer lugar, y estaba escéptico del modo de juego que han colocado en las últimas entregas de la saga (los cuales no he jugado por que no me llaman la atención). Sin embargo ya jugandolo, SE SIENTE como un JRPG... hay un ATB (active time battle) como en el original a manera de turno el cual se acumula y puedes elegir la acción de cada personaje como si fuera un menú típico de un JRPG. Las batallas son acción pura, pero la jugabilidad tiene integrada perfectamente los menús de un JRPG. Es increíble.

Veredicto final 10/10
    Es un juego increíble, los fans de antaño no quedarán decepcionados. Es sencillamente espectacular y estaré esperando las siguientes partes.
  42. Apr 13, 2020
    Game is absolutely brilliant right up to the end. Game is still absolutely worth the play through.(spoilers ahead kinda!) Guessing the ending is where the kingdom hearts director took over. I ultimately left the game with incredible uneasiness and worry for the future and unfortunately, that wont go away until the sequel. This is a beloved story and many have been wanting to experienceGame is absolutely brilliant right up to the end. Game is still absolutely worth the play through.(spoilers ahead kinda!) Guessing the ending is where the kingdom hearts director took over. I ultimately left the game with incredible uneasiness and worry for the future and unfortunately, that wont go away until the sequel. This is a beloved story and many have been wanting to experience that story again with the outstanding graphics, beautiful updated soundtrack and incredible combat system.

To diverge that hard at the end feels unnecessary and unearned. Imagine watching Iron Man and right at the end you see a fight between Thanos and Tony. It doesnt belong there yet cause they hadnt built that up yet. Throughout the game we fought robots and regular enemies then in the end we fight the manifestation of fate? arent we getting more games to complete the story? i mean where do you go after fighting god? That is what FF has always been about in the end, but this game wasnt the end! If a story goes through multiple installments then you need to build up to the big fight throughout all those installments. Also it seems like the party is trying to escape the fate of the original story, but why? that was a good story. Sure it didnt all end with everyone alive and completely happy, but everyones arcs were completely fulfilled. why would they want to escape it?

That is ultimately why I gave the score I did. May not be fair to lower this score due to a worry about future games, but that is the feeling I am left with. Not triumph, not looking forward to whats next. Just worried things will become overly convoluted and confusing like they are in Kingdom Hearts. FF7's story is already pretty confusing. I am not saying that it cant be done. That they cant diverge from the original and end up with a new fantastic story, but they are going against the an already beloved and fantastic story now. Messing with that can be dangerous as we have seen with other IP.

I was looking forward to this one coming out and now im not sure if i want the next one if it messing with something i already love. I get the argument is that "they need to do something new cause the old one already exist," but to that I say its been over 20 years. How many times have we seen superman or spiderman remakes throughout the years even though those are the exact same story points. Each is shown slightly different but still hit all the beats we love. They could, and largely still can do that here and many would love it, probably more than they do this. Just please dont turn this series into another kingdom hearts with too many releases to keep up with and what can quite possibly be the most confusing story in history.
  43. Apr 10, 2020
    Not ashamed to admit I created an account to rate this game. Honestly I want to rate this with a zero just to reflect my disappointment but I'll be fair, unlike Square Enix's marketing department, and especially the director and producer Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase, who are a bunch of liars that didn't say the truth in interviews and various press material.

I am a huge fan of

I am a huge fan of the original and bought the Deluxe edition because I was extremely happy with the way the remake had been lining up, just showing material that was faithful to the remake, and nothing that even remotely suggested there would be this much difference between the games, until a final trailer a few days before release, when they spilled the beans and people are happy to swallow them up:
    This is NOT a proper remake, this is a retelling that seriously diverts from the original plot at the later parts of the game, and completely tramples over everything that made the orignal great. Playing this will NOT guarantee a similar experience as playing the original because the tone and main themes are completely different from the original.

Pros:
    -What's actually faithfully recreated from the original game, in a vacuum, is pretty good. Any FF7 fan will get a goofy smile from the small detals like Barret engaging a shinra worker on the train back home, or the cutscene with Cloud's mom.
    -When they decide to play the arranges of the original themes, they are amazing. The soundtrack feels incredible when it hits the spot.
    -The character designs mostly (with the exception of Rufus, Heidegger, and few else) translate well to modern 3D, these characters look the same.
    -The battle system, while flawed and unbalanced, is fun and engaging.
    -The visual fidelity of the character models and particle effects is really good.
    -Some of the actual content they expanded with, is great, and I could see it as a part of the original title, albeit with a little bit of rework on the dialogue and tone (Jessie's sidequest to meet her parents, the renewed Wall Market, the section to nerf the Airbuster...)

Cons:
    -The tone, pacing, and content of this game are all over the place, and it's not like story changes are unwelcomed, but they're not appreciated when they're so out of place like these. The whispers of whatever and this much Sephiroth jerking do not belong in this game. Sephiroth has lost all his menace and threatening presence since he appears stalking Cloud every half and hour and this poorly executed "fate" theme completely undermines the emphasis the original title did on the gritty setting and the inmediacy, inevitability and impact of somoene close to you dying. Every time the whispers appear on screen, I swear I get brain damage. The last chapter really cranks things up to eleven and then some to an uncomfortable and unbelonging degree. A mess.
    -This game is padded beyond belief, every small plot nuance takes an hour to progress because every mindless and meaningless story beat has been made into 1h corridors or 2h dungeons. Most of the new content is meaningless fetchquests about killing rats, rescuing kids and cats. These do not belong in FF7. You can not fully explore midgar, and the side content is not meaningfull. Literally lied to the players.
    -Unfortunately the original soundtrack makes for less than half the screen time, and the new pieces are all but memorable. If some of these tunes were supposed to be arrangements of the original ones, I'm sorry but they're so strangely recreated I couldn't even recognize them. This lack of cohesiveness truly hurts Nobuo's signature motif style of soundtrack design, and by not playing the songs over and over the beats fly over your head. I honestly cannot believe they did such a good rendition of the boss battle theme from the original game to NOT use it except for one fight.
    -These characters look the same, but they sure do not feel the same. When the scenes are reenacted, sure, but the dialogue is inconsistent because they don't feel like themselves in most of the new dialogue. It's like watching a hollywood adaptation of a movie you like, you know what's from the book and what's not.
    -The battle system after Don Corneo's mansion takes a nose dive, 80% of the regular encounters have super armor and makes every encounter incredibly tedious, while suddenly bosses are easy in comparison because you're starting to get too jacked up. It doesn't feel like casting an spell and getting interrupted should deplete your MP and ATB bar either, makes the combat drag even longer since you rely more heavily on using spells on the second half of the game and getting interrupted and losing your initiative and having to spend more ethers just to kill the sewer turtles is a pain in the ass.
    -There are texture streaming glitches and the texture quality is REALLY low. Dialogues and cutscenes take entire seconds to trigger, and the game softlocked to me twice during my playthrough. Rough, technically speaking
  44. Apr 20, 2020
    FF7R is an ambitious project by Square Enix and I'd say they've done a great job telling an immersive story, excellent music, fun combat, beautifully designed characters and the environments but it's not perfect. I will be addressing some of the issues that it has alongside the review.
    I've played this game on normal mode, it should take you around 40 hours to complete the game, including the side quests.

They have done a very good job telling the story of Midgar and its characters. But some of the side quests are a bit bland and some of them in one of the later chapters were put awkwardly between the main quests.
    When it comes to soundtracks, it is amazing. Some of the scenes were seriously breathtaking especially in combination with the amazing soundtrack.
    The English voice actors also did a great job of bringing the characters to life.
    The combat is fun and has a mix of strategy making and hack n slash. The combat feels impactful and rewards you for successfully pulling off certain actions.
    Graphics, overall it looks amazing even on PS4 slim considering the hardware and there is almost no frame drops at all. The characters look fantastic with high quality and very detailed models. Environments also look really good but you can see low-quality textures in certain areas. It could be results of either limitation of the system, or a bug, or budget cuts.

As someone who has never played the original but knows the story, I'm looking forward to see where the future will take us.
  45. Apr 10, 2020
    Im not a crazy fan of ff franchise ..in fact I havent played any of em. After spending few hours playing this game...wow...just wow... its got pretty much everything I value in games. Good story...beautifully portrayed world, dynamic characters, etc so many things to list. What i loved the most about this game was the battle system... not a typical jrpg turn based battle.. but feels muchIm not a crazy fan of ff franchise ..in fact I havent played any of em. After spending few hours playing this game...wow...just wow... its got pretty much everything I value in games. Good story...beautifully portrayed world, dynamic characters, etc so many things to list. What i loved the most about this game was the battle system... not a typical jrpg turn based battle.. but feels much dynamic! I cant recommend more..just play.. u wont regret it Expand
  46. May 4, 2020
    Played on PS4 Pro. Platinum'ed.
    Gameplay: AWESOME
    Graphic: AWESOME
    Story: GREAT
    Music/Sound : AWESOME
    Dialogue/Voice Acting: GREAT
  47. Apr 14, 2020
    This game is a great remake and makes me like FF again. I didn't enjoy a Final Fantasy game that much since the 10.
    On top of things that are great: design, music, gameplay, background stories. The few things that are really annoying at the moment are technical stuff: really poor quality texture... it's like 360p texture on 4K rendering it's just ridiculous sometimes and also you can see the same NPC asset 10 feet apart... seriously SquareEnix could have checked this kind of stuff, in 2020 we are not supposed to see that. Also, being vague here and without spoilers, the dance is a big NO, don't do that again please SE, it's totally out of context.
    Besides that, it's globally a great experience and hopefully, we will have the next two episodes with the same quality level. Cheers to the developers.
  48. Apr 20, 2020
    Phenomenal. Everything has been brilliantly and breathtakingly recreated. The battle system is so fun and fairly challenging on normal. The music is gorgeous. It is everything I wanted out of a remake in more.
  49. Apr 10, 2020
    One word: impressive!
    Impressive that they managed to ensure FF7 remains a unique creative masterpiece.
    Impressive how they improved the visuals compared ro FF15 and of course the origibal. These character and weapon models look insane, sometimes I'd argue even better than Advent Children. Impressive how they managed to let me wait for the sequel. Let me be clear though that it wasn't a
    One word: impressive!
    Impressive how they managed to let me wait for the sequel.
    Let me be clear though that it wasn't a perfect game, but to me it did so much right, that 9 is definitely justofied.
  50. May 5, 2020
    Just got the platinum trophy after finishing my second playthrough and overall... wow... this is the most excited I've been about final fantasy in many many years.

I grew up playing these games and 7 is my favorite game of all time. I've finished every mainline entry except 11 and a lot of the spinoff titles too. Personally around ff12 I feel like character and story writing started to decline sharply but ff14 and 15 showed a big improvement (even though 15 still had a lot of rough edges). This is the best final fantasy story since 10 in my opinion.

First of all it looks spectacular and midgar makes for a great setting. Looking up and seeing the plate is wonderful.

Second most of the additional content is actually really excellent. They expand on the stories of biggs, wedge and jessie for example and I enjoyed this a lot. Some of these moments add a great deal of charm and made me smile a lot.

Third the combat is a lot of fun. Each character feels unique and there is a lot of potential for different builds based on your materia choices.

Fourth there are a lot of fun mini games, a few extra bosses. Some of these extra bosses are unique to hard mode but I really enjoyed playing the game on a higher difficulty. The final boss in particular felt much more climactic as I was barely hanging on most of the time and won while being about one hit away from dying.

Fifth the character models... you spend a lot of time looking at character models in any game and these are the best I've ever seen. The detail on the armor is insane. When you focus on a character's face you can see their eyes moving every so often too. Very impressive.

Sixth the reverence shown for the original source material. You'll find so many references to the original game or spinoffs as well as every moment, boss and enemy recreated in stunning detail. Some things were changed but not to any significant degree in my opinion. It's just so clear after picking apart as many details as I could... that the devs love the original ff7. There's just so much passion in this project.

Seventh chapter select and hard mode. After you finish the game you unlock chapter select and this is so great for people who want to complete the game fully. If there's an optional boss you didn't assess or you want to go back and get an alternate cutscene then you don't need to replay the full game. Also hard mode offers a really nice challenge once you're max level :).

There are a few flaws as well but nothing that hampered my enjoyment.

1st some chapters feel padded. Without going into specifics there are areas in which you have to pull levers to open pathways to go open more levers to open up more pathways while you constantly get interrupted by enemies. Some sections of the game feel like they're wasting your time. This is probably the biggest issue the game has.

2nd some boss fights can be frustrating. Even at max level with maxed out materia on normal difficulty there were times when I felt like a ragdoll getting thrown around, constantly healing. It's not that I couldn't win. I rarely died. It's just that my attacks felt ineffective. This is largely down to not being able to change equipment or materia during a fight. I understand that this might make things easier but it can be frustrating to find yourself unable to exploit a boss' weakness because you don't have the right materia.

3rd this game is not beginner friendly. For the first 90% of the game everything is going fine but with the last chapter in particular things go kind of insane. At first I wasn't a fan of the ending but after taking some time to digest it I'm way more positive on it. The last chapter starts throwing out references to the original ff7, advent children, crisis core and all kinds of stuff. The game really expects you to be familiar with this stuff. That kind of sucks for newcomers but actually picking apart the insane number of references was a lot of fun. I imagine if you're new to ff7 you'll be completely lost. I'd highly recommend the easy allies ff7 remake spoiler mode video for a very indepth breakdown of what the ending really means.

As for what comes next I'm pretty excited. It looks like it'll be different from the original and I think i'm ok with that. However... I desperately need some of the original story beats to remain untouched. Corel town, rocket town, the golden saucer, cosmo canyon.... I'm ok with changing the overall story but I need a lot of these amazing character moments to stay the same or mostly the same. The main reason I'm optimistic is the unbelievable reverence shown to the original source material. Every enemy, boss and moment from the midgar section is here. The benches have the save symbol from the original game. Small details like rude having a clear shot on a character and missing on purpose... a reference to one line in the original game... It's just so clear that this game was made by people who adored the original ff7
  51. Apr 11, 2020
    This game is a great remake go's to show what 5+ years of love and care can do to a 23 year old game there are a few texture problems none that really bother me too much but that all dosen't matter this is a very fun rpg that captured the original game but makes it 100X more better
  52. Apr 10, 2020
    for a long time fan of ffvii this was a very good remake
  53. Apr 11, 2020
    The game's combat gameplay is at its peak, the new-era graphics give the long-ago game a new lease of life, and the addition of the original trio love Jesse. The kh3 combat system surprised me with the SE's technology, and the ff7 system did not disappoint me
  54. Apr 10, 2020
    Supera todas las expectativas. El amor y el detalle que se le ha dado a este juego para los fans del original es excelente. Es un juego totalmente nuevo con pequeños cambios en la narración pero que no cambia en absoluto la esencia del juego original, cada detalle permanece allí. Los gráficos excelentes, banda sonora sobresaliente, las cinemáticas son una delicia, el sistema de combate esSupera todas las expectativas. El amor y el detalle que se le ha dado a este juego para los fans del original es excelente. Es un juego totalmente nuevo con pequeños cambios en la narración pero que no cambia en absoluto la esencia del juego original, cada detalle permanece allí. Los gráficos excelentes, banda sonora sobresaliente, las cinemáticas son una delicia, el sistema de combate es perfecto, los jefes finales son desafiantes, el sistema de mejora de armas y de materias es muy equilibrado, y lo mejor de todo, es la experiencia Final Fantasy VII que queríamos. Gracias por este juego. Expand
  55. Apr 10, 2020
    Masterpiece!!! One of the Greatest rpg of all time and graphics is super amazing
  56. Apr 11, 2020
    I really had a blast playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it isn't a "complete" game. I don't mean it's incomplete or shallow, but if you compare Final Fantasy 7 Remake to other recent Final Fantasy games like 15 or even 10, there is way less content in 7s Remake as there was in 15 or 10 for the same price tag (if you consider the time distance between 10I really had a blast playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it isn't a "complete" game. I don't mean it's incomplete or shallow, but if you compare Final Fantasy 7 Remake to other recent Final Fantasy games like 15 or even 10, there is way less content in 7s Remake as there was in 15 or 10 for the same price tag (if you consider the time distance between 10 and 15). For the 60 Euros price tag I just expected something more. The 40 hour length of the game is on itself not a problem, as long as those 40 hours are packed with fun and engaging activities. Unfortunately 7s Remake provides here significantly less content than 15 did. Most minigames happen only once or twice in the story and even the sidequests are mostly fetch- or killquests with not much story to support them. Despite that Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a really good game with many improvements over the original. The biggest improvement in the Remake is in my opinion the battlesystem. After the boring press-circle-to-win tactic from Final Fantasy 15 it's great to have a battlesystem that combines a modern action combat system with parts of the classic Final Fantasy ATB system. Also the graphics and the new character models along with the voice acting took, in comparison to the original (which didn't have voiceacting), huge steps forward, although I still prefer Advent Children Sephiroth. For people that love Final Fantasy I definitely recommend buying it, people that love RPGs in general and have no or only small ties with Final Fantasy should maybe wait for a pricedrop to 40 or 50 Euros (or the equivalent currency in their countries) or rent it from a friend for a few days and play the first few chapters for themselves.

TLDR: Great game for fans of Final Fantasy, very very good but relatively expensive (comparing price and content) game for RPG fans.
  57. Apr 13, 2020
    An amazing retelling of an iconic game. The highest praise I can give it is that it made me love these characters even more and I can’t wait to continue this journey.
  58. Apr 10, 2020
    I rate 8 out of 10 for the following reasons:
    1) I'm disappointed because FFVIIR is an action RPG. I prefer turn-based RPGs and it's a shame that my favorite JRPG series has become an action RPG, first FFXV and now FFVIIR (this only applies to the main series, for spin-offs I don't mind if they are action RPGs).
    2) I'm disappointed that the first part of the remake is just an escape from
    I rate 8 out of 10 for the following reasons:
    2) I'm disappointed that the first part of the remake is just an escape from Midgar. Escape from Midgar is a very small segment of the original story, so it is questionable what the other two parts of the remake will look like, because they have to cover 95% of the rest of the original story.

The game is good but not perfect. The graphics, music and sound are great. Some parts of the gameplay are bad and a little annoying. The new battle system is better than AXB system from FFXV, its not anymore hack and slash because of ATB system. Classic mode is very bad. I had some hopes that with Classic mode I would be able to play FFVIIR as a turn-based RPG, but Classic mode is an automatic fight and not nearly similar to turn-based batle system. Character development is great because of weapon upgrade and materia, and the best part is that each character is unique, they have different abilities.
  59. Apr 10, 2020
    this Game is a masterpiece and a true must play title for this generation !
    -Visualy one of the best looking games ever created so far - music is godly it's one of the best ost's of all time
    - the characters and the story are so deep it's just breathtaking
  60. Apr 10, 2020
    This is the best remake I've seen, it stays true to the original story, dialog, costumes and music, it just feels like a modern update to the original game and that's the way it should be, I love it! It's basically the same game in today's graphics with a new battle system, and some extra content added on top of it, the only downside is that its only part 1 to the full game so we'll haveThis is the best remake I've seen, it stays true to the original story, dialog, costumes and music, it just feels like a modern update to the original game and that's the way it should be, I love it! It's basically the same game in today's graphics with a new battle system, and some extra content added on top of it, the only downside is that its only part 1 to the full game so we'll have to wait for the rest later. Expand
  61. Apr 10, 2020
    This remake elevates the old ff7 to new heights. Hands down, the top 3 best games I have ever played.
  62. Apr 12, 2020
    Till today i play every few years a run of FF7. It was one of my first games i ever had and my first big love which enlighted my enthusiasm for videogames.

FF7 Remake hits the nostalgia train, i feel so happy playing it, feels like i sit back in my small room in my parents house starting on the PS and beating the **** out of Shinra and Sephiroth. Nostalgia pure with nice optics and an

Nostalgia pure with nice optics and an state of the art gameplay!
  63. Apr 10, 2020
    Loved it, soundtrack is epic and fresh, yet memorable. The story telling and battle system for me are what i wanted.
    The funny stuff of the original is still there, and Aerith is amazing
  64. Apr 12, 2020
    Absolutely fantastic of a game. A true remake made by people who loved the original. I enjoyed it and can't wait for the second part of the series. Like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy or the Harry Potter series, it's nice that they took the time to really flesh out the story and not try to compact it to one release.
  65. Apr 10, 2020
    Amazing game worth playing every minute of it also worth your time and money. Enjoyed my 50 hours with it.
  66. Apr 10, 2020
    I'll start my review. A lot in this remake has changed and deviated from the original so if that is something that is off-putting to you then don't buy it, just move on. However if you're open to change or like me, enjoyed the likes of Crisis core and advent children and generally just wanted more Cloud And Co then there is a lot of good here.

The story is incredible and the changes are

The story is incredible and the changes are exciting however I can't say much more than that otherwise I'd spoil it, you would need to play it for yourself in that regard. What I can say is that the characters are handled extremely well and there is a lot more development and exploration within those characters. As an all time fan I have been overjoyed at how the characters have been handled and expanded upon. It was like seeing how things were meant to be but couldn't be shown well enough back on the Ps1. The gameplay is also fantastic and is new and fresh, it has a good blend of the classic turn based mixed with a new action, hack and slash flair. It also has variety in switching characters and each has a different play style to delve into making for a real satisfying and deep experience. The visuals are absolutely incredible, however there are some texture issues such as doors looking particularly bad at times but I'm sure they will be fixed in a future patch. Everything is just such a pleasure to look at and is brimming with atmosphere, sometimes you just have to stand there as cloud and really take it all in.

In conclusion I think this really is a return to form for square and a real good comeback to being the Kings of jrpgs, it really is everything I could've hoped for and I cannot wait to see what the next installments of the new FF7 series will bring. There is nothing else out there in terms of jrpgs with this amount of detail and polish and just straight up fun. I am very pleased. FF7 is back. 10/10
  67. Apr 10, 2020
    This might be the best gaming experience in my life! To re-live emotions and play the Remake was extraordinary and marvelous. Characters are great, voice-acting brilliant, combat system OH MY GOD best I've ever played. The story - you must be open mined they changed some things and there is a BIG twist in the end, but I think it's a good decision for future installments. I just freakingThis might be the best gaming experience in my life! To re-live emotions and play the Remake was extraordinary and marvelous. Characters are great, voice-acting brilliant, combat system OH MY GOD best I've ever played. The story - you must be open mined they changed some things and there is a BIG twist in the end, but I think it's a good decision for future installments. I just freaking love it, and I'm going to replay it right now! Expand
  68. Apr 10, 2020
    The game is awesome people are giving it bad reviews because they think square should have labeled it as Something other than a remake.
    My opinion is that it is more like a reboot due to the many changes.
    The game is still an awesome game by far better than any other JRPG of the last decade. Graphics, gameplay, even story is a 10
  69. Apr 12, 2020
    I was a bit worried beforehand about this game because the original is so sacred to me and many. However, after hours of diving in, this game has far exceeded my expectations. It’s given me that same feeling as the first time I played the original as a kid; like playing a memory but with more details. It’s a beautiful game that I think will set the standard for remakes. Also, afterI was a bit worried beforehand about this game because the original is so sacred to me and many. However, after hours of diving in, this game has far exceeded my expectations. It’s given me that same feeling as the first time I played the original as a kid; like playing a memory but with more details. It’s a beautiful game that I think will set the standard for remakes. Also, after playing, I fully understand why it was split; the game is massive and truly full length, and it would’ve taken years to release a whole given the size of this one alone. It’s worth every penny. If you love Final Fantasy VII, you owe this to yourself to play. I found myself with an unknowing smile so many times playing; and that’s something a game hasn’t captured for me in quite a while even as an avid gamer. They knocked it out of the park with this one. Gorgeous graphics, emotionally gripping story, and gameplay mechanics are a blast. Expand
  70. Apr 20, 2020
    Truly amazing . Reimagines the original so well, the dialogue is so natural . The combat system is very easy to pick up but hard to master with how much you can micro manage . On top of that the added depth and length of midgar is excellent and I love how they are not making a 1:1 remake of the original.The game looks and runs great even on my original ps4. The original ff7 was an amazingTruly amazing . Reimagines the original so well, the dialogue is so natural . The combat system is very easy to pick up but hard to master with how much you can micro manage . On top of that the added depth and length of midgar is excellent and I love how they are not making a 1:1 remake of the original.The game looks and runs great even on my original ps4. The original ff7 was an amazing game and it didn’t need to be tampered with so they didn’t and did something else and I personally think it’s better . I love this game and really excited for the later parts. I recommend you go into this game without any expectations or outside opinions . I did that and it really helped me enjoy the game for what it is. An amazing achievement in show casing the classic ff7 story in a new and fresh light for a new generation. I wish the ending would have been closer to the og ff7 however they did such a job i have faith it will end well Expand
  71. Apr 10, 2020
    To all of you people criticizing this game for being only one part of the full story, One: they've made that clear since like 2016, and two: the developers of the original FFVII claimed it would make the story feel less rushed. Since FFXV and KH3 were criticized for feeling rushed, and that 3 or 4 parts would help make it feel more complete in the end. They even claimed they couldn't fitTo all of you people criticizing this game for being only one part of the full story, One: they've made that clear since like 2016, and two: the developers of the original FFVII claimed it would make the story feel less rushed. Since FFXV and KH3 were criticized for feeling rushed, and that 3 or 4 parts would help make it feel more complete in the end. They even claimed they couldn't fit an entire remake on one game without cutting TONS of content.

It's more of a re imagining of the original rather than a remake.

Also there is a turn based inspired system for people who don't like the new one called "classic" mode.

And the missing and low res textures will prob be fixed in the PS5 and PC ports because this game is pushing the PS4 pro to it's LIMITS.

A remake is obviously gonna change a lot since it's remade from the ground up, just how everyone wanted, so I don't understand why people get mad when some things were added/changed.

In the end, this game is amazing and a lot of the concerns and criticisms don't make sense, but we all knew some people would hate it regardless for no reason.
    I loved the original and I love this.
  72. Apr 10, 2020
    Is it a perfect game? No, but it is the best remake of a beloved 23 year old game that a developer could possibly make and it is only the first part! The original holds such a special place in alot of people's hearts. Square Enix really put their all into this beautiful retelling of a masterpiece and I appreciate them so much for it.
  73. Apr 11, 2020
    Absolutely best for me. Perfectly performed, involving, excellent remake! Hope other parts will be also good!
  74. Apr 12, 2020
    Es un juego genial. Aunque igual creo que partes no tan importantes las hicieron bastante largas pudiendo enfocarse en cubrir más historia. También entiendo que sería difícil incluir en esta primera parte un mundo abierto al salir de midgar por ello quizá lo hicieron asi y cortaron allí exactamente. Excelente Remake, espero la segunda parte con emoción y ojalá sea mundo abierto. En esteEs un juego genial. Aunque igual creo que partes no tan importantes las hicieron bastante largas pudiendo enfocarse en cubrir más historia. También entiendo que sería difícil incluir en esta primera parte un mundo abierto al salir de midgar por ello quizá lo hicieron asi y cortaron allí exactamente. Excelente Remake, espero la segunda parte con emoción y ojalá sea mundo abierto. En este estoy de acuerdo que no lo fuera porque incluso en el original parecían capitulos así que le vino bien. Expand
  75. Apr 12, 2020
    The game gives more deI've been watching a LP of it, and while I do like most of the changes seen:
    Positive
    - Aerith definitely feels different - Jessie went from unimportant nobody to character who actually has a personality (before the inevitable) - The way the Don Corneo segment plays out is very very different even if the resolution is the same. Negative - I'll agree the fillery
    Positive
    - Aerith definitely feels different
    Negative
    - I'll agree the fillery sidequests kinda feel more like MMORPG sidequests (like in FF13/FF15) with not much incentive to do them. In your standard JRPG's pre-PSX, you'd usually only have one or two side-quest chains because the game had limited space, and thus the random battles RNG would hammer on you a lot more. In PSX and later JRPG's, the ability to have a compelling storyline due to disc space not being a concern (other than pre-rendered cutscenes) moved away from hammering the player with random battles and instead added a lot more side-quests to them. It wasn't until the MMORPG's (XI and XIV) where the very-long sidequests-with-no-combat for nameless NPC's started being a major thing.

Like the cat's sidequest was actually kinda cute, but wow did it not drive any story. In another cutscene, holy crap do those cats look a little too uncanny-valley.

But I'm glad they put them in, as optional material, because something does need to break up the monotony of "press x to win" combat. Which yeah, I think this is a little bit guilty of. Action RPG is fine, but one of the charming aspects of FF6/7/8/9/X was that the storyline wasn't pinned to grinding to get to the next part of the story. If you bought the latest gear, or did all the optional sidequests, you'd already have enough money or the gear already. Many JRPG's of the NES/SNES era required you to "grind" a lot to get the money for upgrades, or to make the next boss easy enough to win against, owing due players not putting enough strategy into their party makeup/skills/items. Like once you get past a certain level in most JRPG games, you can just hold down the button that advances through the menus and the fight was over in less than 20 seconds.
  76. Apr 12, 2020
    I hadn't played the original game when it came out. I was a big fan of RTS games and really couldn't wrap my head around a turn based game. I went into this game pretty blind besides knowing the basics the whole internet knows. I was a bit worried things would get glossed over and I'd be confused... but that didn't happen. The game was a wild ride and i loved the combat system.I hadn't played the original game when it came out. I was a big fan of RTS games and really couldn't wrap my head around a turn based game. I went into this game pretty blind besides knowing the basics the whole internet knows. I was a bit worried things would get glossed over and I'd be confused... but that didn't happen. The game was a wild ride and i loved the combat system. Jumping from character to character was great. It was a bit slow with just 2 characters but with a full party is was a blast. Super looking forward to the next game. Expand
  77. Apr 20, 2020
    Hardcore fans expected too much. Newcomers didn't expect this much! This games an easy 9 out of 10 for the soundtrack, game play and visuals alone. The story is well done no matter what anyone says. If you want the original go play the original. This is a REMAKE. Everyone KNEW things were going to change and that more content would be added. If you want to play the exact same game withHardcore fans expected too much. Newcomers didn't expect this much! This games an easy 9 out of 10 for the soundtrack, game play and visuals alone. The story is well done no matter what anyone says. If you want the original go play the original. This is a REMAKE. Everyone KNEW things were going to change and that more content would be added. If you want to play the exact same game with better visuals then go play a REMASTER. This is not a remaster, it's a remake so fix your expectations and stop trolling your game scores when you know you enjoyed it ;) Expand
  78. Apr 12, 2020
    This game has been hyped to death and in the end, its not really worth it. If your a fan of the original then the ending will infuriate you. If you expected them to deliver the whole experience as it was in sequels, they wont. The game play itself is fine, though I would have liked for it to be 100% as it used to be. (because RPG's like that are a dying breed. But it isn't the worst. AsThis game has been hyped to death and in the end, its not really worth it. If your a fan of the original then the ending will infuriate you. If you expected them to deliver the whole experience as it was in sequels, they wont. The game play itself is fine, though I would have liked for it to be 100% as it used to be. (because RPG's like that are a dying breed. But it isn't the worst. As many have already said its combat is a lot like Kingdom Hearts, you will make periodic move choices like casting spells/using items. Graphic wise its good but SE has for a long time imo been making "Well polished turds".
    The Biggest problem is the ending where SE says "F%*ck you" to any fans of the original, who hoped to see the post Midgar sections as they were. Thanks to some out of left field story telling choices, SE give themselves free reign to do whatever the hell they want with the next installment. They now have free license to completely alter a story that was never broken. Nomura's influence seems especially heavy, as many of the retcons and universal resets are the same b.s. that hounded the latest Kingdom hearts entries.
    To sum up, if your looking to relive the old feelings FF7 brought you, Play the original. (its available on damn near everything now) I know many old school fans already pre-ordered the game and SE already has your money, but i would not recommend this game to anyone looking to relive the ff7 experience. At least wait a few months and buy it on sale for 20$, not worth the full price.
  79. Apr 11, 2020
    Better combat, better characters, better music and better enviorment than XV = 10
  80. Apr 12, 2020
    Simply flawless give me the more I never knew I wanted. To many other remakes phone it in this was masterfully done. This went from not even in my top 5 to I can't put it down I need more!
  81. Apr 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The audio/visual presentations top notch. Some texture work is a but pedestrian in some ares, but FFVIIR got the visual part right. Where it steers wrong, is perhaps on the most important category in an RPG: Story telling. The original Story was a harsh, if social relevant one, but this time around some changes are made from the get go to portray the game's cast as more heroic than they actually well. Avalanche is a Geo-Terrorist group and the FFVIIR tries to sugar coat that. Perhaps more egregious of all, is Nomura's penchant for the nonsensical. FFVIIR pulls a stunning 180 degree turn into Kingdom Hearts 2 and beyond territory. A move that renders the original cannon (which was the superior work) meaningless in the end. Truly the game in someways is a slap in the face to the original fervent fanzine. Expand
  82. Apr 13, 2020
    Le plus beau Remake jamais réalisé!
    Mention spéciale pour la BO et là DA!
    Vivement la suite!
  83. Apr 14, 2020
    Wow, just WOW. First of all 10 out of 10. Yes the game has its flaws, as do all, however the point is that this game is so good, that i don't care about the flaws. The way that the developers have chosen to tackle the remake, is interesting and i am excited for the games to come. Many people wanted a true to heart remake, however i personally have truly enjoyed this difference. BecauseWow, just WOW. First of all 10 out of 10. Yes the game has its flaws, as do all, however the point is that this game is so good, that i don't care about the flaws. The way that the developers have chosen to tackle the remake, is interesting and i am excited for the games to come. Many people wanted a true to heart remake, however i personally have truly enjoyed this difference. Because instead of just having a game, in which we all know the story and end, we get the chance to relieve the best moments of the original game, but still with an air of mystery. Thank you Square, for this game is truly a must own. Expand
  84. Apr 15, 2020
    The game is a bliss to play, watch and listen. The OG moments will wash you with nostalgia, while the new and re-imagined bits will arouse your curiosity for what is to come. Square Enix faced boots the size of an ocean, filled them completely and sprinted into running with them. Never believed I would get to experience this in my lifetime. One can only wish that the next part will notThe game is a bliss to play, watch and listen. The OG moments will wash you with nostalgia, while the new and re-imagined bits will arouse your curiosity for what is to come. Square Enix faced boots the size of an ocean, filled them completely and sprinted into running with them. Never believed I would get to experience this in my lifetime. One can only wish that the next part will not take too long to arrive. Expand
  85. Apr 15, 2020
    Played the original to death over the years and was not expecting to enjoy this remake... But i was wrong, so very wrong!!! Now im stuck waiting for the next part to release, urghhh... But still, do not let the episodic approach put you off. I didn't finish everything and got a good 35 hours out of it. Midgar lasts around 3-5 hours in the original game so expect a healthy amount of extraPlayed the original to death over the years and was not expecting to enjoy this remake... But i was wrong, so very wrong!!! Now im stuck waiting for the next part to release, urghhh... But still, do not let the episodic approach put you off. I didn't finish everything and got a good 35 hours out of it. Midgar lasts around 3-5 hours in the original game so expect a healthy amount of extra content thrown in. Expand
  86. Apr 15, 2020
    If like me you waited 20 years for this to happen, you will enjoy every minute of this 40 hours wonderful journey.
    Every character, every detail from the 1997 masterpiece in Midgar city (and a bit more) has been rewritten, redesigned and improved to make sure you feel nostalgia everywhere you look. It still has minor flaws : some chapters are un-necessary long and yes, some zones feel copy/pasted and the game could be 5 hours shorter but what a show ! The combat system can feel like FFXV but when you engage the tactical pause, the original JRPG comes back with all options and choices the Materia system gives you. Music is the best you'll hear in any current game, many variants of themes, depending on action at screen, are telling you the story at least as much as the script.
    Without spoiling, the end has too much of Kingdom Hearts genes, and non fans won't understand it 100% but it is satisfying enough to let SquareEnix decide if new episodes are needed or not.
  87. Apr 15, 2020
    It's freaking amazing))) one of the best games of the last time, considering that the previous one was pretty mediocre kind of game ff7 remake turn out to be a really good game and the open world absence is only beneficial. Good music helps to convey the atmosphere))
    Fight can be very intense and you definitely don't let you get bored
  88. Apr 19, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played the original far back in 1997 and was sceptical due the episodic format.
    But let me tell you, this is one of the best games i played in a long time.

The ending certainly got me suprised and left me confused, wheter i like it or not.
    But the thrill of having nostalgia mixed in with **** and diffrent scenario changes gave me an unbelievable ride that i will never forget.
    As long as the next games dont threw in too much fate confusion and give me a good mix of new and old into the pot, jeez i hope this ride of new games within this ( remake/ reboot series) will last for some years.

Besides all that, this combat system is probably the best thing i had in years. Cant believe i am redoing 30 min Boss fights, just for the sake of it.
  89. Apr 17, 2020
    This game is set in Midgar (the first part of Final Fantasy VII) and it's absolutely amazing on how it captures Midgar better than the original. In the original, Midgar is around 4 hours or so but in this game they managed to extend it up to 30-40 hours of story content keeping the original stuff and adding more relevant story into it. They didn't just throw in useless story content intoThis game is set in Midgar (the first part of Final Fantasy VII) and it's absolutely amazing on how it captures Midgar better than the original. In the original, Midgar is around 4 hours or so but in this game they managed to extend it up to 30-40 hours of story content keeping the original stuff and adding more relevant story into it. They didn't just throw in useless story content into this, but added more to each characters. You feel the side characters in this compared to the original.

As for gameplay and everything else... combat is PERFECT! It feels smooth and solid, easy to learn and get used to. There were controversy on how the game isn't turn-base but they did add a little element of it in the game, though it mainly focuses on real-time. It is a linear game but Midgar has always been linear part of the FFVII story. The game opens up after Midgar but we haven't reached that point yet.

This game is new players to Final Fantasy friendly, anyone can start with this game.
    There's not much bad thing to say about this game to be honest. Story, cutscenes, music, gameplay, graphics, all works perfectly with the modern FF-style.
    You can clearly see that Square Enix treasure this game a lot and they put a lot into this one. The wait was worth it and let's hope the next one comes sooner rather than 'VERY' later
  90. Apr 12, 2020
    Remake fantastico! Consigliato a tutti, sia a chi ha giocato al classico del 1997 che ai nuovi giocatori
  91. Apr 10, 2020
    This is absolutely Final Fantasy.
    This isn't Imitation of recently AAA.
    This game has re-established its identity as JRPG without losing the original charm.
    There is no doubt that best final fantasy for original fans.
    And for newcomer, Best final fantasy in the last decade.
  92. Apr 11, 2020
    Just finished it. Masterpiece.

Loved every minute of it, probably the best SP FF game since 10.

Some people are probably going be disappointed it's not necessarily the full-on remake that people imagined it to be,
    but it's a experience from start to finish with breakneck pacing, enthralling combat, and lots of nice call-backs and nostalgic moments for fans of the original.
  93. Apr 12, 2020
    Amazing game! I have had high expectations form this game since been waiting a long time for it and it smash them,you can se they put a lot effort into it and wanted to make a special game only negative I've got is the side quest could f been more fulfilling and there are some small graphical problem other then that it is great.If you love final fantasy you will love this game.
  94. Apr 10, 2020
    Loved every bit of this game. It is true that it's not a perfect game, but it was REALLY worth the wait.
  95. Apr 10, 2020
    This game is amazing. Though it has a couple of rough edges, overall the graphics look absolutely gorgeous. I have stopped several times just to watch in awe at its beauty. Not a lot of ganes can do this.

The music is indredible, the best music Ive heard in any game. The characters are so much more developed than in the original. Cloud is the hero we al love, a deep and complex character, a badass with soft spots. Aerith is supercute and adorable.

The gameplay is fresh, the combat is awesome, tactical and rewarding. In between battles and adventure, there's a ton of fun minigames that you will be playing.

Is this an open world game? No, it's much more like God of War where you have a clear line but allowed to d a bitof exploring. Which makss for a much better game in my opinion.

This game are sick!
  96. Apr 10, 2020
    Após 15 longos anos das súplicas de um público extremamente fiel a esse tão amado jogo, eis que finalmente a Square Enix atende a demanda popular e transforma a Tech Demo do PS3 apresentada na E3 de 2005 em um verdadeiro Remake, presenteando seus fãs com essa obra prima reimaginada. Final Fantasy VII em 1997 transformou uma franquia regional do Japão em uma febre mundial popularisando oApós 15 longos anos das súplicas de um público extremamente fiel a esse tão amado jogo, eis que finalmente a Square Enix atende a demanda popular e transforma a Tech Demo do PS3 apresentada na E3 de 2005 em um verdadeiro Remake, presenteando seus fãs com essa obra prima reimaginada. Final Fantasy VII em 1997 transformou uma franquia regional do Japão em uma febre mundial popularisando o estilo JRPG no ocidente, consolidando não só a empresa que o desenvolveu como a própria Sony no mercado de games, alcançando assim a segunda posição de jogo mais vendido do Playstation 1 (único RPG Japonês a alcançar tal marca), ficando atrás apenas de nada mais nada menos que Gran Turismo. Embora o jogo tenha angariado uma legião de novos fãs para a franquia, ainda assim existem pessoas que o odeiam só pelo fato do jogo existir, pois não conseguem aceitar que o Final Fantasy VII superou todos os seus jogos antecessores e mesmo após 20 anos ainda é extremamente relevante, fato esse consumado agora. É triste ver pessoas que nem se quer conheceriam a franquia se não fosse a existencia desse jogo o imputando criticas infundadas, só pelo motivo dele ser o mais amado da franquia, negando todo o mérito e contribuição que o jogo ofereceu para o universo dos jogos pelo simples fato de que ninguém liga para o seu jogo favorito. Depois de jogos que não agradaram o seu público na grande maioria como Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XIII e Final Fantasy XII Square Enix conseguiu finalmente nos apresentar uma experiência Final Fantasy como antigamente, com gráficos estonteantes, um sistema de batalha completamente repaginado e estratégico (diferente do seu antecessor, Final Fantasy XV) fundindo o que há de melhor no sistema ATB com um hack'n slash completamente viciante, a maravilhosa trilha sonora completamente rearranjada e claro, a história repleta de conteúdos adicionais. Não tinha como dar errado, simplesmente! Final Fantasy VII Remake colocou o conceito de Remake em outro patamar. Sendo assim, parabéns pelo excelente trabalho, Square Enix! Expand
  97. Apr 10, 2020
    So nostalgic. So beautiful. This is perhaps the best PS4 game I have played since the Witcher 3.
  98. Apr 10, 2020
    Good :
    - magnificent sound
    - expanding original story
    - great combat system

Bad
    - inconvenient map system.
    - graphic texture loading.

but totally Awesome game. Stop score terrorism.
  99. Apr 10, 2020
    Still a masterpiece, I miss it so much, now we can enjoy one of the best games ever made, in the beginning it's a little difficult to get used with the controller, but after some hours we get ready. Every FF fan will enjoy it for sure.
  100. Apr 10, 2020
    Thank you for this game! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! Square Enix...#LoveYou3000

Generally favorable reviews - based on 126 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 14, 2020
    Final Fantasy VII Remake is the game we've been waiting for from Square Enix for so long. Atmospheric, interesting and exciting all your attention modern jRPG with an interesting story and spectacular battles. To achieve the ideal, the project only needs more even graphics and all the content from the original release. If you were waiting for a turn-based classic with new graphics you will most likely be disappointed, since the game has changed a lot. Everyone else is happy with the release of the first really powerful single-player release from the internal Square Enix studio for many years. Especially after the failure of Final Fantasy XV.
  2. Aug 20, 2020
    A good remake of the introductory part of the cult-favorite Final Fantasy VII. It improves on the original game in almost all aspects, yet lacks in scale and drops the ball at the very end.
  3. Aug 10, 2020
    What matters is still intact, and that’s the heart and soul of one of the greatest stories in video game history. It’s a return to form that has felt a long time in coming, and what’s even better is that there’s still at least two more games of this quality to come...They can’t mess this up, can they?