6.1

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Feb 14, 2017
    It's not a bad game, but it's marred by long load times and an unfriendly learning curve. The user interface is also cluttered and confusing when inside menus. My first time playing I was under the impression that all characters needed to be unlocked - this isn't true despite what the UI suggests.

These are all things that could be improved with time and patches, but given Ubisoft Montreal's history with The Division and Assassin's Creed it's entirely likely that it won't ever be changed at all.

As for combat the game truly shines as unique and engaging, though frustrating moments happen in droves when the game flexes its odd prioritizing/negating of certain attacks. Situations like your grab animations feebly whiffing as even long, heavy overhead swings begin and end with your character inside of your target occur frequently either due to random bursts of lag or poor balancing.

If you enjoy reactive and fast gameplay then you might be at home here, but you're probably in for a lot of headaches before you get comfortable.
  2. Feb 14, 2017
    This game is good when you play 1 vs 1 fights, in fact i would say it great, however once you leave 1 vs 1 fights and try to play with 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 you quickly realize that the developers never designed the game with the intention of players fighting multiple people at once. Switching which target you are locked onto lets down your guard and means your certain death plus you can't pickThis game is good when you play 1 vs 1 fights, in fact i would say it great, however once you leave 1 vs 1 fights and try to play with 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 you quickly realize that the developers never designed the game with the intention of players fighting multiple people at once. Switching which target you are locked onto lets down your guard and means your certain death plus you can't pick who you lock onto! When multiple opponents are close by my character the game often locks onto the opponent furthest from me.
    Overall this will make an awesome $5 purchase in a couple months, until then it's not worth it, especially when it's competing with games like dark souls which still has a very active PvP community.
  3. Feb 15, 2017
    Don't believe those negative reviews( i won't call them reviews actually)
    positive
    + Great map design + Great campaign + Good graphics ( but not stunning) + Awesome combat + Factions and i'il say hero's are great + Fun solo ( but with friends an absolute blast ) + Almost no bugs negative - Bad matchmaking - Only online - More multiplayer modes would have been nice In my
    Don't believe those negative reviews( i won't call them reviews actually)
    positive

+ Great map design
    + Great campaign
    + Good graphics ( but not stunning)
    + Awesome combat
    + Factions and i'il say hero's are great
    + Fun solo ( but with friends an absolute blast )
    + Almost no bugs
    negative
    - Bad matchmaking
    - Only online
    - More multiplayer modes would have been nice
    In my opinion one of the best games of 2017 ( until 15 February ofcource) and yeah it has its negative points but those are to ignore ( except for only online its a bad design choice ) . Fun in solo and the most fun with friends I had in months . A must have game!!!!!!!!!
  4. Feb 14, 2017
    The game's "simplicity" is its selling point. I'm proud that finally there was a game where you can't simply out level the characters you face. The fights actually require some form of strategy and patience. Rather than just going in gun's blazing (or in this case melee weapons swinging), 1 on 1 encounters are actually equal and you have a 50/50 chance.

Problem with the game is they

Problem with the game is they meant well with things like the capture the flag, but it doesn't really work. The 4v4 can be very addicting and honestly realistic. No more of the "one man army" syndrome with games. If 3 guys face you, you are going to lose more than likely unless you have a slick plan. The problem I had was I think it was too limited in its core design and the conquering of certain areas is convoluted at best.

Honestly I enjoyed the beta. I think people who have a problem with it are people who like to play as fast as possible (FPS fans) and don't like to take the time to have a strategy or out think their opponent. It is truly a unique experience.
  5. Feb 14, 2017
    This is one of the most addictive and original games i have ever played . It reminds me something between Die By The Sword and Bushido Blade.

The graphics and the animation are top notch ! i have played the closed beta , the open beta and now the game and i have never faced any lag problems and i live in greece , a country that its not renowned for the high ISP speeds. The game

The graphics and the animation are top notch !

The game is not only about levels and gear . That is the one i love the most about it .
    In order to win you must know your character , its capabilities and you must have a strategic thinking . So a low level player who knows the character he is playing and have brains can easily kill a higher level player who is just a experience farmer.

The controls are not very easy and you must spend time and have patience in order to become familiar . When i first played it for 3-4 hours in the closed beta i was determined to leave it aside but a friend insisted that i should try a lot 1VS1 with bots in order to become familiar with the controls . thats IT ! after 12-14 duels i was deeply in love with the game .

The campaign part is nice - no something awesome - and reminds me part o Dynasty Warriors while it tries to make you familiar with the different heroes and faction. The main part is the multiplayer game of course.

I can understand that people who are not into medieval and fighting games wont find For Honor attractive . But you must not change it as a Single Player action or Rpg game. This is a multiplayer game which is based in close combat medieval fighting . Thats the job and its doing it great with no lag , a lot of character customisation and tons of fan if you have some friends to play with.
  6. Feb 14, 2017
    Game is totally perfect for its purpose ! Havent even touched the singleplayer campaing yet, cause all i wanna do is fight for honor ! gameplay is awesome, no fps drops. controls are perfect. pure skill game for those who like the challenge.
  7. Feb 14, 2017
    Rewarding and satisfying melee combat system with several notably different characters to choose from. The game modes vary from 1v1 duels to 4v4 battles, and a fun objective based battle mode. Worth the effort to learn the gameplay system, when it clicks it's tremendously enjoyable.
  8. Feb 14, 2017
    I played the closed alpha, open beta, and now I've played the full game as of midnight. The game is great!I'd say a 9/10 (more like an 8.6 or 8.7, but I'm rounding up). The gameplay is fantastic. So far, I've played all of the multiplayer modes that are available. I have not yet touched the campaign, in fear that many will get ahead of me in multiplayer as far as level and prestige. ThereI played the closed alpha, open beta, and now I've played the full game as of midnight. The game is great!I'd say a 9/10 (more like an 8.6 or 8.7, but I'm rounding up). The gameplay is fantastic. So far, I've played all of the multiplayer modes that are available. I have not yet touched the campaign, in fear that many will get ahead of me in multiplayer as far as level and prestige. There are four game modes and you can choose to play against players of AI. I would highly recommend it.

I will say this, the closed alpha, in terms of balance and gear attributes/specs, was the best out of the three. It's annoying that my blade dictates my defensive stats. Why would the blade of my warrior indicate how much damage he takes when he is hit? On the closed alpha, it was the breast piece, the chest mantle that dictated defense.
  9. Feb 14, 2017
    its a runfest spammfest of little biatches assassins and nobushi. especially Orochi even after 2 betas its still just a spamming class, if u expect 1v1s dont buy the game. even in Duel mode, its mainly assassins spamming light attacks, bleeds or trying to push you off cliffs
  10. Feb 14, 2017
    First off, what a breath of fresh air this game brings. Different from almost all the games that came out on the PS4 since launch, For Honor already sets himself as a must play game this generation.

MULTIPLAYER FEELS COMPLETE -4 choices of game types (with more coming soon) -12 characters to choose from -Each characters with their own progression system and unlocks -Huge

MULTIPLAYER FEELS COMPLETE
    -4 choices of game types (with more coming soon)
    -12 characters to choose from
    -Each characters with their own progression system and unlocks
    -Huge territorial between each factions
    -Incoming updates with ranked playlist and tournament mode
    -Also 2 new characters to be added each season (4 seasons per year)

STORY
    -Cool story
    -Rather short depending of the difficulty level
    -3 chapter (1 for each class)
    -Progession system in the story mode

OVERALL
    -Fun and different game with a good progression and combat system that gonna make you keep playing.
    -TONS of customisation
    -Good community
    -Complete package out of the box with even more FREE content coming later this year
    -A MUST PLAY GAME.

ReviewKing gives this game a 9 out of 10
  11. Feb 14, 2017
  12. Feb 14, 2017
    The game is really AWESOME! The combats are so realistic, The heavy movement of the characters matches the context of the heavy armor, The only problem is the campaign, the characters are not charismatic, and you really do not care about the story or what's happening
  13. Feb 14, 2017
    Simple disclaimer here. With the game's current balancing, I think anyone who is interested in FH for its "deep combat" should be warned that the high-level gameplay is reduced to something that is even less than rock, paper, scissors. Everything can be reacted to, which makes perfect defense entirely possible and ruins the experience for me and many other players. Perfect defenseSimple disclaimer here. With the game's current balancing, I think anyone who is interested in FH for its "deep combat" should be warned that the high-level gameplay is reduced to something that is even less than rock, paper, scissors. Everything can be reacted to, which makes perfect defense entirely possible and ruins the experience for me and many other players. Perfect defense should never be humanly possible in a fighting game and until they fix this issue, there will be no true mind-games or anything like them in FH. Most characters will remain useless without any sort of actual 50/50, new maps will add nothing and the playerbase will dwindle rapidly as they get bored of facing off against reactive players.

This has happened to many games before and it could easily happen to FH. But if they fixed the perfect defense issue, I would still probably only give the game a 4, because there is not even the bare minimum of what would be needed for a competitive PvP game and the single player "content" (aka extended tutorial) is trash. Nice and scummy microtransactions, as well. Very generous of Ubi to sneak those into their game by saying "it's just cosmetic" when player customization is literally the only progression content available.

Highly disappointing game. I would say avoid at all costs unless it's on sale for like $20 and you have a group of friends who all want to play a party melee brawl type of game together for a weekend. Asking for anything beyond that from this game is far too much.
  14. Feb 14, 2017
    Always online? No thanks.

My internet goes out twice a week on average.

Single player campaign is online? No thanks.

I wish Mount and Blade had these graphics.....
  15. Feb 14, 2017
    cash grab! nothing else, stripped of content, pumped up with STEEL...holy christ...why do people keep supporting this kind of non-sense...? they sell you a quarter of a game here for 70 EUR...for sure i will not buy this one...
  16. Feb 14, 2017
    Viciante! Joguei sem parar no tempo que a beta foi lançada! Gostei muito do combate e da movimentação, espero que tenha um modo de historia bem feito, já que o online é sensacional!
  17. Feb 14, 2017
    another trash from ubisoft. ubisoft! you can't never make a masterpiece and won't...
    Storymode is like tutorial for multiplayer, short and very unfair on very hard.
    multiplayer is very repititive and you will get boring in few hours.
  18. Feb 14, 2017
    Gets old and repetitive very quickly and 90% of the time, you're playing tag, chasing sore losers around the map. Will most probably be another Evolve, so if you're really desperate for this game, wait a few weeks until price is dropped to less than half.
  19. Feb 14, 2017
    I pre ordered THIS S$%T because it looked very good with all publicity.
    I Started to playing it yesterday at midnight, after 8 hours of playing it just cant with this game.
    Inmediatly you star to playing, the game is trying to sell you a microtransaction. The battle its ok, with a new concept of fighting game, but it feels slow and not responsive THIS GAME IS MORE LIKE A F2P GAME WITH
    I pre ordered THIS S$%T because it looked very good with all publicity.
    THIS GAME IS MORE LIKE A F2P GAME WITH TONS OF MICRO TRANSACTIONS.
    MY ADVICE, DONT BUY IT, WAIT TILL TURNS F2P OR PRICE DROPS TO 20 BUCKS.
  20. Feb 20, 2017
    Straight to the point, the game is redundant; in the single player campaign you fight weak opponents with a "difficult" enemy as the boss while the occasional mission throwing in a few more "tough" enemies offset by tedious mini games that only take away from the good in this game. The story line was predictable and the characters unmemorable, seriously I can't remember their names, andStraight to the point, the game is redundant; in the single player campaign you fight weak opponents with a "difficult" enemy as the boss while the occasional mission throwing in a few more "tough" enemies offset by tedious mini games that only take away from the good in this game. The story line was predictable and the characters unmemorable, seriously I can't remember their names, and the final boss fight being one of the easiest in the game (this was on the "hard" difficulty.) My opinion doesn't stem form a lack of a challenge but the simplicity of the combat as well as the pace. I found myself waiting for the enemy to strike so that I could parry them and get a few hits in then repeat, any more aggression and the AI would mercilessly punish you (think dark souls.) I found myself bored with the single player relatively quickly and see little reason to replay.
    Disclaimer: If you are going to get this game, get it on PC as you can not remap the controller on the console. I so badly wished to move some of the controls around for a more comfortable feel but there is absolutely no changes to the controller layout (again console only.)
    Multiplayer- Another console-exclusive issue I've noticed is the default "mute", you must enable mic communication in order to speak, a setting buried away but even if you manage to find and enable it, good luck finding someone else who has, in the week I have had the game, I have yet to speak to another player. Nothing like feeling forced to play a game mode that you don't want to play because of "daily quests" that are essential for progression (gear); that being the next issue, in a game that centers around skill-based-combat, there should be no "gear" or "loot" that gives you an advantage over another player but there is and it is infuriating to fight someone who goes into "revenge mode" during a 1v1 fight. Back to the "game modes you don't want to play" bit, do you like being double teamed or triple teamed? In the entire game this has to be the second most infuriating aspect, you are winning a fight against an opponent only for his ally (or team) to come over and start hitting you in the back; at least in comparable games like blade symphony, most players had a sense of...well...honor and would allow the initial 1v1 fight to conclude before dueling the opponent, an event that is non-existent in this game. Finally the most frustrating factor in this game is ironically the combat system, the core of the game; nothing brings me closer to bursting blood vessels than executing a proper parry or block on the controller only to take the hit in-game which drove me to write this review. I would not recommend getting this game to anyone as it is a one-trick-pony fad that probably posses more risk to your personal health than the entertainment you get for the one to two weeks before the shallow gameplay loses it's lure.
  21. Feb 21, 2017
    There is no excuse for triple A titles and major gaming companies to be cutting corners and forcing users to host online matches. Speak with your wallet, do not buy this game until Ubisoft decides to grown up by setting up / funding it's own severs or cut the price of their "premium" game by 70%.
  22. Mar 11, 2017
    When I invest my time in a multiplayer game I don't expect to be disconnected every other freakin' match when I've got a 150 mbs fibre optic internet connnection.

FFS Ubisoft, I will not buy one of your games ever again!!
  23. Mar 11, 2017
    The game has a lot of great aspects and is incredibly unique, you can look at all the good reviews to see what they did right.

HOWEVER, to be clear this is a multiplayer game. You don't spend $60 for maybe 8 hours of single player content. It is naive to give this game more than 4/10 with the rampant disconnections from Ubisoft's cheap choice of using Peer to Peer connection. The

The online play which requires skill, fast reflexes, and an understanding of the complex mechanics is all undone by the 20 mins of lost progress that happens when your booted. Or a lag spike that negates your last 5 seconds, to then see time reversed and you killed as your enemy takes advantage. Additionally the frustration of playing with a group of friends and to have 1 or 2 of you disconnect and have wait until the game finishes. This alone has made many of my friends put the game down.
    Further proof of how bad it is is the drastic drop in the player base in the first two weeks!!!
    I didn't even touch on the irrelevant faction map and micro-transactions (don't give them more $$$ for a broken game).

TLDR: An online skill based game plagued with connections issue, resulting in an awful release and waste of great potential. Can't give it more than a 4/10. There are simply better games out that don't waste your time...
  24. Mar 16, 2017
    Peer 2 Peer Servers....please wait reconnectingPeer 2 Peer Servers....please wait reconnectingPeer 2 Peer Servers....please wait reconnectingPeer 2 Peer Servers....please wait reconnectingPeer 2 Peer Servers....please wait reconnectingPeer 2 Peer Servers....please wait reconnecting
  25. Feb 27, 2017
    One of the best fighting mechanics ever, great art and effects.
    However, I can`t play due to numerous bugs and lags: can`t finish every 56 game, saves in the story mode from time to time don`t work - it`s really peaty on the realistic difficulty. It could be best game ever, unfortunately Ubisoft saved money on servers :(.
  26. Mar 1, 2017
    Great graphics and fun game (for awhile), but feels too repetitive after about a week of playing. The only two real game modes are duels (or duels with more people on the map) and dominion/skirmish (which are very similar). One of the absolute worst and weakest single player stories of all time. P2P system instead of dedicated servers is COMPLETE GARBAGE. Tons of bugs and errors andGreat graphics and fun game (for awhile), but feels too repetitive after about a week of playing. The only two real game modes are duels (or duels with more people on the map) and dominion/skirmish (which are very similar). One of the absolute worst and weakest single player stories of all time. P2P system instead of dedicated servers is COMPLETE GARBAGE. Tons of bugs and errors and network issues. The gear and customization system is disappointing. As always, playing online with other players has it pros and MANY cons.

This game has potential, but falls flat quickly as it currently is.
  27. Feb 19, 2017
    Gameplay 9/10!
    I really love the combat, it's smooth, rewarding executions and just just totally fun.
    Story/Campaign 7/10 Did not expect anything from the story, but it was interesting and some chapters are fun with boss cool boss fights. p2p Servers 5/10 I spent half of my time finding match. I have a fibre optic broadband, so I should not have problem finding a match but the p2p
    Gameplay 9/10!

Story/Campaign 7/10
    p2p Servers 5/10

I spent half of my time finding match. I have a fibre optic broadband, so I should not have problem finding a match but the p2p server just destroy the experience.
  28. Sep 13, 2019
    This might be the worst "fighting game" this generation. Just about everything in this game is not only react-able, but also extremely slow, clunky and telegraphed to the point where there is pretty much no mix-up game to be found in it. Don't even get me started on the movement and mobility options in this game... There is nothing like wave dashing, back dashing, dodging is very rare, andThis might be the worst "fighting game" this generation. Just about everything in this game is not only react-able, but also extremely slow, clunky and telegraphed to the point where there is pretty much no mix-up game to be found in it. Don't even get me started on the movement and mobility options in this game... There is nothing like wave dashing, back dashing, dodging is very rare, and most of the time whoever swings first gets parried and eats a half health punish for it. They tried to make a game that heavily accentuated the neutral game aspect of fighters, but they did not understand what makes that aspect of the genre so interesting at all, it just feels like a mess. The whole Vikings vs Samurai vs Knights also screams a cash grab on the back of the success of the TV show "Deadliest Warrior". Oh, and the connections are horrific and drop constantly, as if the game play itself wasn't off putting enough. Expand
  29. Feb 4, 2020
    This game is totally the worst game i have ever played through all of my gaming career
    I registered an account in this page for the sole purpose of rating how bad is for honor and why i wouldnt recoomend it to anyone. Almost every mechanic in this game doesnt function properly, it has bugs manifesting everywhere but ofc the devs only focus on how to milk more money of you instead of fixing the game breaking glitches.
    They continue to overpower characters which benefit them with money and neglect balance.
    The games mechanics are a joke with every patch they fix a visual glitch which nobody cared about while the game is rotting from the inside.
    This game frustrate me so much i have never been so emotional about a game while hating it so badly, even if you win you are not satisfied and you feel its cluncky and bad.
    Characters which deserve attention dont get it while the devs take in consideration the very god damn least requested thing and doing exactly the opposite of what the community wants.
    Its filled with soooooo many toxic players whicu try to get the devil out of you.
    A game which specifically requires a millisecond of reaction is running on 30fps on consoles making the animations half smooth, in addition of letting players with a stable ping above 100 to remain in the game.
    It takes me on average 10 minutes to find a server of 7 players in totall (me being the 8) and thats for the most popular game mode in the game (dominion) and my nat is always open, internet always good so connectivity is never an issue for me.
    If anybody is even reading this i am a totall rep 124 and i dislike this game in every way.
    And i am gonna avoid talking about the super crappy launch state it was at the beginning with p2p servers and getting kicked 7 out of 10 games.
  30. Dec 29, 2019
    On PS4 with huge input lag and lock on 30 fps (the most stupid idea ever for a reaction game) it become an ultimate frustration generator.
  31. Mar 14, 2017
    All the game now is a grind fest for better gear and whoever can cheese the best on the game win. its not really about skill. I would say this game was a gimmick people bought it mainly just because it was knights samurai and vikings and then found out it wasnt as fun because of all the cheesing in the game like throwing people off the map and making that a playstyle and constantly usingAll the game now is a grind fest for better gear and whoever can cheese the best on the game win. its not really about skill. I would say this game was a gimmick people bought it mainly just because it was knights samurai and vikings and then found out it wasnt as fun because of all the cheesing in the game like throwing people off the map and making that a playstyle and constantly using spamming combos to get easy wins i wish a new soul caliber was out Expand
  32. Mar 13, 2017
    Avoid this product. I feel I need to start this review with that statement unfortunately. The game itself mechanically is good. The premise, control scheme, and setting offer a LOT of diversity, room for expansions, and above all else, lots of fun.

Unfortunately you'll only be able to reliably experience that fun while playing against AI or through the single-player portion of the game (which is only about 7-8 hours long and VERY barebones). The single-player mode is more of an advanced tutorial to get you familiar with different classes and factions.

Ubisoft decided to set this game up P2P (Peer to Peer) server-wise. This means that instead of there being dedicated servers for online play, the games are hosted by yourself or other players. This is where the problems come in. The game is unplayable for many due to this because it creates a consistent and regular scenario where the game crashes and sends you back to the main menu.

This means you earn no rewards, cannot advance your hero in gear, and cannot earn war assets for the metagame to deploy for your chosen faction. it's a shame as well since the game itself is fun and "fresh". At this point I cannot suggest this game to anyone as you're taking a very real chance of spending $60+ on a game that is broken and unplayable.
  33. Jun 18, 2019
    I got this game for free, so i can't really complain. BUT - this game is very poorly put together, I'm actually really quite good at it but i really do not enjoy playing it. The combat system is completely flawed in a few ways. Explaining how in detail would take too long on here but to play this game competitively is impossible to do fairly. You will quickly find that nearly every fightI got this game for free, so i can't really complain. BUT - this game is very poorly put together, I'm actually really quite good at it but i really do not enjoy playing it. The combat system is completely flawed in a few ways. Explaining how in detail would take too long on here but to play this game competitively is impossible to do fairly. You will quickly find that nearly every fight is EXACTLY the same. Most of the characters have a few main flaws that are far too easy to exploit in high level game-play. If you can get this game for free like I did, then I'd recommend it, but i really do not recommend putting any more money into Ubisoft's pocket for it. I'm sure the developers have been working super hard to 'fix' this game since it's release - but unfortunately the main aspects of the game are still yet to be polished years after. The servers are still awful, and you will very frequently lose connection even with perfect internet speeds. The team balance is also basically non-existent, so get used to playing with bots against a full team of players with a far higher level. Its a fun challenge but it get's boring real quick. But f*** it, if you wanna play - do it! I'll just say don't do it competitively as you will waste a lot of your own time like I did. And do not take it seriously! Expand
  34. Jun 26, 2019
    The most pathetic game of Ubisoft. A game without balance, bad servers that restore every 3 months, dlc, which add new characters to the game with instability, new “remakes” of heroes that lead to an imbalance and every time everything is worse:(And therefore people leave the game
  35. Aug 9, 2019
    Gets old and repetetive very fast. I really tried to it for over 100h but it still sucks. There are clearly much better characters than others. Some have really cool and unique features but most of them are dull spammer. Out of 1 matches maybe one makes a little bit of fun because people actually play for fun and not to spam.
  36. Sep 6, 2019
    Спасибо за весело проведённое время, Юбисовт. Я играл в режим с захватом замка и меня начал с баллисты расстреливать мой же союзник, из-за чего я вышел из матча. Но игра сказала мне, что новый матч я найти не могу из-за того что я ливнул из прошлого, не захотев умирать раз за разом от выстрелов своего союзника и теперь я просто 15 минут смотрю в стену. Спасибо, Юбисовт!Спасибо за весело проведённое время, Юбисовт. Я играл в режим с захватом замка и меня начал с баллисты расстреливать мой же союзник, из-за чего я вышел из матча. Но игра сказала мне, что новый матч я найти не могу из-за того что я ливнул из прошлого, не захотев умирать раз за разом от выстрелов своего союзника и теперь я просто 15 минут смотрю в стену. Спасибо, Юбисовт!
  37. Sep 12, 2019
    Ideias incríveis mas um matchmaking tão ruim que o jogo simplesmente não diverte trazendo uma experiência estressante
  38. Oct 29, 2019
    I just recently got this game and tried to start some multiplayer matches. However, I've spent hours trying to connect to a single game with absolutely no luck. I kept getting the same error and all my efforts to fix it were utterly pointless. Waited for a patch and still no luck too. Either the player base is completely dead or the matchmaking is repulsive. I wasted too much money andI just recently got this game and tried to start some multiplayer matches. However, I've spent hours trying to connect to a single game with absolutely no luck. I kept getting the same error and all my efforts to fix it were utterly pointless. Waited for a patch and still no luck too. Either the player base is completely dead or the matchmaking is repulsive. I wasted too much money and time on this multiplayer focuses game without being able to play online.
    Save your money, get something else.
  39. Dec 2, 2019
    Microtransactions!!

on top of buying the game they want you to pay even more money for literally anything, it's such a grind to unlock even the most basic thing " just buy some steel " lmao yeah no
  40. Feb 24, 2017
    First off, I really like this game. Everything about these three armies fighting each other makes for a great game. The unique controls for fighting are perfect. The story is a bit bland and is only really intriguing when getting into "boss fights".
    Where the game really shines, though, is in it's multiplayer. The thing hurting this game right now is the network connectivity. I'm very lucky to get into a match where I don't have connection issues or lag. Which, at the moment breaks the game for me. A game where in just a few moments you can get cut down, lag can have a huge effect. I run in and start a duel with another opponent, game studders and I get a connection icon pop up on screen, then when it finishes connecting, I find myself dead. Or the connection icon comes up, followed by my opponent disappearing, followed by a new player joining, with full health. This becomes a problem when you've been fighting that other character, you've lost health, then this new player comes in and has full health, Basically giving this new player a free kill. That's if I can stay in a game, I'd say that 1 out of 8 games I get kicked out for no apparent reason.
    In the games current state, I can't really recommend it. I really like the game, but the connection issues ruin it. Hopefully, something will be done to fix this.
  41. Feb 18, 2017
    reviewed on ps4 - Open NAT - ultimate Cable 100 mps - ping 15

Good- if your a fan of fighting games and PVP combat this is the best game . Lots of fun . different characters to chose all with different combos and Armour types. Can get a little confusing , with the way multiplayer resources and coins are spent. Bad - Networking is terrible. i seen other people comment and thought i
    reviewed on ps4 - Open NAT - ultimate Cable 100 mps - ping 15

Bad - Networking is terrible. i seen other people comment and thought i might have been lucky 20 or so games not many issues. then tonight after 5 attempts for a match, Connection problem exit at the middle of a match all progress lost. Rebooted again another issue players leave all bots , then i thought cant get any worse rite ? game freezes completely ?!? like come on is this still in BETA? i think so ubi.

Please fix game with patch , game gets a score of 5 , 8 when patched and fixed.
  42. Feb 24, 2017
    For Honor is very satisfying when you successfully defeat a difficult opponent or multiple opponent. It is very frustrating when you make a mistake and get killed. Whether the balance between these two adds up to overall fun or irritation will depend on you as an individual. It doesn’t help that the game is plagued with networking issues; I’ve given up on several occasions after 5+For Honor is very satisfying when you successfully defeat a difficult opponent or multiple opponent. It is very frustrating when you make a mistake and get killed. Whether the balance between these two adds up to overall fun or irritation will depend on you as an individual. It doesn’t help that the game is plagued with networking issues; I’ve given up on several occasions after 5+ successive attempts to play resulted in network failure after less than a minute in game. Expand
  43. Mar 9, 2017
    This game is pretty amazing, and is one of the most immersive fighting game experiences I've played in a while. This game would normally be a 10/10 for me if it wasn't for Ubisoft and the awful, HORRIBLE matchmaking. Playing anything besides Duel on any system is a struggle, and if any single player decides to drop out of the match you have a large chance of the entire match just crashingThis game is pretty amazing, and is one of the most immersive fighting game experiences I've played in a while. This game would normally be a 10/10 for me if it wasn't for Ubisoft and the awful, HORRIBLE matchmaking. Playing anything besides Duel on any system is a struggle, and if any single player decides to drop out of the match you have a large chance of the entire match just crashing down around everyone else. I just can't give this well made game a good score for as long is it's nothing but torture to try and play. Expand
  44. Feb 21, 2017
    GOOD: Gameplay is FUN, It takes a while to learn but once you master it becomes a lot of fun to play. The problem starts when you try to connect to a match.....

BAD: Servers are horrible, Expect to get many error messages and loose connection because a random person disconnect from the match. If you have to disable your home network firewall to be able to play this game properly that means it just does not work properly.
  45. Feb 23, 2017
    When looking at the game purely from a PVP multiplayer only mode it's a solid 8/10. Great graphics, new innovative fighting, and it should only expect to get better once it gets a solid balancing effort and connection issues are resolved.

The problem is that when you expect people to pay 70 for a game it should be a full package. PVP only would be around 40-50. 70 usually implies a solid story mode for single player fans and a pretty well established and tested online mode. Overall the story mode is deserving of maybe a 1/10. The game was released in a premature state and so it is plagued with connection issues and fairly untested. Overall it's a solid 5/10. People giving a 0 are ridiculous but so are people throwing out 9's and 10's. It might be worth a revisit when it goes on sale for 20 in a future holiday sale and the kinks are worked out.
  46. Feb 20, 2017
    For Honor MIGHT be good only in duels. Combat mechanic is just not enough physical for this type of game especially with more players. Also those "breakers" are awful. Talking about "deep combat system" is pathetic.
    Try Chivalry and u will see how "deep" For Honor actually is.
  47. Mar 14, 2017
    For Honor Review: This game had a lot of potentials when I saw the first trailer on Youtube. The campaign is good for the most part, but it lacked in some areas, for example, the player doesn't know anything about the characters they play as and so little backstory to back it up. The multiplayer could have been the ultimate experience if only there were dedicated servers on this game. OfFor Honor Review: This game had a lot of potentials when I saw the first trailer on Youtube. The campaign is good for the most part, but it lacked in some areas, for example, the player doesn't know anything about the characters they play as and so little backstory to back it up. The multiplayer could have been the ultimate experience if only there were dedicated servers on this game. Of course I am on the bandwagon about thIS, but still, it is a fact that this game would be better if there were dedicated servers vs. P2P. The combat is very fluent in this game and very original in this case although there are some downfalls to it as revenge in 1v1 or 2v2 where it is not needed. In 4v4 it's understandable. Gear can very, very broken when the player reaches a high level and gets gear equipped where they can block only a couple of his and activate revenge an unlimited number of times. In conclusion, I find this game to be lackluster even with this great concept wasted. Expand
  48. Feb 11, 2019
    The gameplay and the look of this game is amazing, but that is about it, but the most triggering thing about the game is how during a match, as soon as your ping spikes just a little, no matter how long, no matter how high, the game will automatically boot you out of the match and replace you with a bot, which is absolutely rage inducing especially when you are at the end of a match, whenThe gameplay and the look of this game is amazing, but that is about it, but the most triggering thing about the game is how during a match, as soon as your ping spikes just a little, no matter how long, no matter how high, the game will automatically boot you out of the match and replace you with a bot, which is absolutely rage inducing especially when you are at the end of a match, when the game is closing, you've played your heart out to earn that victory only to be greeted with a disconnection notice, and all of your award taken away just because your ping got a little too high for a brief second, and it doesn't just happen once or twice, I'm aware that the problem is mostly my internet, but a simple lag shouldn't cause the system to kick you out of the match, I've missed soo much experience and money just from a simple lag, and that absolutely triggers me.
    That was the main issue I want to address, even though gameplay is good, half of the playlists are dead, you'll either run out of patience or the game will automatically kick you out of matchmaking.
    The balancing in this game is also questionable, with each new hero being released, it just makes the older characters seem unplayable and have uninteresting kits, take lawbringer for an example, one of the first heroes to be released, still has not received a rework or a buff after 11 heroes has been added to the game.
    Now on to the campaign, the developers stated that if players wishes to enjoy a singleplayer experience, the campaign was more than enough, it will satisfy them. Leaving the fact that the campaign requires internet connection when you are just playing alone aside, the heroes in the campaign had their pre-reworked kits! The developers are soo lazy that they paid no attention to the singleplayer aspect of the game what so ever, it has remained untouched since launch, imagine a new player playing the campaign and moves on the multiplayer, only to realise that the hero now has completely different moves, it's like playing the campaign is soo pointless other than to enjoy the story which by the way, isn't even all that good.
    I have been playing the game since its launch, and as much as I wanted it to succeed, there are just too many issues with the game, and that it just seems like the developers are too lazy to fix those issues, or paying attention in the wrong place, the game had soo much potential, it is sad to see the game turned out the way it did.
  49. Apr 23, 2020
    Dlc fighters are extremely unbalanced and boringly op. Completely broke game
  50. Mar 2, 2020
    I didn't like it. It's personal but it's my opinion. The game is well done visually and technically but I really didn't liked the gameplay mechanics.
  51. Jul 24, 2020
    Worst game ever by ubisoft,thanks god to psnow i didn't throw my money to this TRASH.Story mode is sucks.multiplayer mode is pay to win.That's why i deleted this game after 2 hours.I don't know how much take the develop this TRASH but i can honestly say.You just throw your life time to trash while you develop this game buddy.
  52. Aug 11, 2020
    **** piece of absolute garbage. If you bought the game I feel sorry for you since, I want a refund and I got it for free. The combat system is **** to all hell, evertime they try to fix something they break like 8 new things. This game has so much potential but anytime there's progress it gets **** to all hell.
  53. Nov 10, 2020
    What started out as being one of the most fun and addictive games I've ever played is now my most hated game. The people that play it are just so toxic now its disgusting. I always get messaged something horrible after every match. But I don't blame them. There are just so many things wrong, at this point I can't even look at the game without getting frustrated. I understand the gameWhat started out as being one of the most fun and addictive games I've ever played is now my most hated game. The people that play it are just so toxic now its disgusting. I always get messaged something horrible after every match. But I don't blame them. There are just so many things wrong, at this point I can't even look at the game without getting frustrated. I understand the game mechanics must be difficult to make. But if you can't do something right then rather just don't do it at all! 3 star rating, I don't advice anyone to play this **** game Expand
  54. Feb 16, 2021
    Wasted potential. Excellent graphics and sound. Weighty combat that feels VERY satisfying. A really unique mash up of a weapons fighter with objective based multiplayer. Unfortunately this game has gone down hill big time. Tons of glitches, trophies don't work, horrid balancing with cheap exploits being the fastest path to victory. This game is a disaster of free to play statWasted potential. Excellent graphics and sound. Weighty combat that feels VERY satisfying. A really unique mash up of a weapons fighter with objective based multiplayer. Unfortunately this game has gone down hill big time. Tons of glitches, trophies don't work, horrid balancing with cheap exploits being the fastest path to victory. This game is a disaster of free to play stat garbage. Why do i need to see 30 different level up meters after every match when none of them matter? Cosmetic garbage and pay to win loot crates completely ruin what would be a really fun and unique multiplayer experience. Expand
  55. Nov 12, 2020
    Firstly I have put 840 hours into this game. The most unfair, unbalanced game ever made. The developers only care about microtransactions and making money. Whoever spams L1 fast enough wins. The matchmaking systems is ridiculous, you will be put in matches with overpowered teams who will destroy your team by constantly spamming the same attacks 4 people vs 1. The people who love this gameFirstly I have put 840 hours into this game. The most unfair, unbalanced game ever made. The developers only care about microtransactions and making money. Whoever spams L1 fast enough wins. The matchmaking systems is ridiculous, you will be put in matches with overpowered teams who will destroy your team by constantly spamming the same attacks 4 people vs 1. The people who love this game are the L1 spammers. I wouldn't play this game again even if they gave me a refund. Expand
  56. Oct 4, 2017
    For Honor is a fine example of what could have been. Here we have unresponsive controls (an Ubisoft trademark), enemy AI mobs who stun-lock like a bunch of grade school bullies, astoundingly unbalanced multiplayer (that's almost dead anyway) and American accents long before the States were even established. Aside from it's interesting concept and options of customization, this is one ofFor Honor is a fine example of what could have been. Here we have unresponsive controls (an Ubisoft trademark), enemy AI mobs who stun-lock like a bunch of grade school bullies, astoundingly unbalanced multiplayer (that's almost dead anyway) and American accents long before the States were even established. Aside from it's interesting concept and options of customization, this is one of the most crudely designed games ever released. Expand
  57. Nov 14, 2020
    Ubisoft cash grab. Here's how it works; this game will frustrate you so much that you will start buying steel to unlock new classes and upgrade your weapons and armor. After you have spent a few hundred dollars you will realize that this won't help. Get to almost to the end of a match and then get a disconnection error, no loot, no exp. Get spam attacked so fast that it's impossible toUbisoft cash grab. Here's how it works; this game will frustrate you so much that you will start buying steel to unlock new classes and upgrade your weapons and armor. After you have spent a few hundred dollars you will realize that this won't help. Get to almost to the end of a match and then get a disconnection error, no loot, no exp. Get spam attacked so fast that it's impossible to block or parry, die, get no points, get mad, buy some more steel. Ubisoft will take your money until you hate this game so much that you will quit. Save yourself the money and the stress. AVOID THIS GAME!!! Expand
  58. Jun 26, 2021
    You will have more fun getting a chemotherapy in a Russian basement than playing this garbage
  59. Apr 2, 2020
    Muy desbalanzeado los personajes y los matchmakings cuando juegas. Puedes spamear cualquier ataque y también se puede utilizar los mismos héroes que cojieron tus equipos y también el equipo de armas y armaduras fue una gran mala idea de parte de Bugisoft.
  60. Apr 12, 2020
    This game has made me angry at the whole world. It's good awful, terrible. This game tells everyone it's fine if you're not good, the world's going to make space for you, then gives you a corner where you spam light attacks with orochi. If by some chance you get better and can use someone else, it will just be another spammy heavy hitter, that spams unblockables that you cant dodge becauseThis game has made me angry at the whole world. It's good awful, terrible. This game tells everyone it's fine if you're not good, the world's going to make space for you, then gives you a corner where you spam light attacks with orochi. If by some chance you get better and can use someone else, it will just be another spammy heavy hitter, that spams unblockables that you cant dodge because of the incredibly hard to dodge area effect they have, or the fact the mechanics are so broken you will dodge and the attack will follow you. This game is so broken it can't be fixed, but the player base is so toxic that they have found their perfect place within the game and they will not leave Expand
  61. Mar 1, 2021
    For Honor is a disappointment. When For Honor was announced years ago and I was looking forward to it. I played the beta along with so many others and it was amazing. The gameplay was fun and interesting, I could have a genuine good experience. Then the game released. I think for a few months maybe even a year, the game was good. But then ganking became a huge problem. The name For HonorFor Honor is a disappointment. When For Honor was announced years ago and I was looking forward to it. I played the beta along with so many others and it was amazing. The gameplay was fun and interesting, I could have a genuine good experience. Then the game released. I think for a few months maybe even a year, the game was good. But then ganking became a huge problem. The name For Honor suddenly became ironic. The only way to have an enjoyable experience was any other mode but Dominion (by far the most popular mode). Ganking isn’t necessarily the problem, I can survive one occasionally, but it’s the fact that the game is based upon combos and weapon speed. It’s not like Rainbow 6 (Ubisofts other hero based title). Your hero can do 23 damage on a light attack but it may take some time, but another hero does 22 and has almost double the swing speed. I know my review is years late but after installing the game, deleting it from not finding any enjoyment, then reinstalling for some miracle that it’s changed multiple times, I have to make one. I think the biggest issue may be SBMM and every game being a sweat fest, but we haven’t really experienced the game without it so we don’t know if that’s the true issue. But from my gameplay it’s heroes and bs combos. I understand For Honor can be considered a fighting game. Much like Absolver or Street Fighter. You have a character and combos and utilize those to gain an upper hand in combat. But I don’t think For Honor should have ever been a fighter like this. I wanted a 4v4 teambased game set in medieval times. It didn’t need characters like Centurion with combos that can disable you for multiple seconds leaving you open to an almost immediate death if ganked and taken advantage of correctly. It didn’t need Hitokiri which has a 1 shot ability that could basically end a game of Siege once you’re in the final stage. It didn’t need Valkyrie which can trip your hero over and over with no limit other than stamina. And it most certainly didn’t need combos to make the game more engaging/interesting, but they added them anyway. I know some fanboys may read this and think that I’m just a bad player and can’t learn the game but that’s far from being true. Every game I play I can adapt to and learn fairly quickly. Whether it be a fast paced game like Call of Duty, a slower bounty hunting game like Hunt: Showdown, a strategy game like Mount & Blade, a full-on RPG like the Witcher. I can learn these games’ playstyle and adapt accordingly and do well. For Honor is no different. Of course I can’t prove it, but it doesn’t matter, my complaint still exists regardless. Heroes shouldn’t have combos. It sounds crazy in a fighting game but it’s simply my problem with it. It feels like combat doesn’t matter as long as you’re going up against a character that has a combo that can stretch out into 25 different moves unless stopped. I think this is why I liked the beta so much. It was a new game with new gameplay features to learn. Nobody really knew how to effectively use combos yet. They just used basic moves like the running attack to chase down enemies. It felt like each swing mattered and I had to genuinely defend against my opponent. Now all the game is: find teammate in combat, lock onto enemy, hit enemy when they are stunned and kill enemy or be on the receiving end of that. It’s not at all the gameplay I remember or loved from the beta. It all becomes worse when you have to grind to get silver to buy the newest, most OP hero when they release. Some guy with a IQ of a raisin will just buy it directly with cash, while people who don’t want to spend anything extra are stuck grinding for days maybe weeks depending on the play time. Then by the time normal people can get the hero they get nerfed a few days later. Honestly that type of design decision baffles me. “Yeah this hero looks cool. I tried her in training but I don’t know how she’ll actually do in actual games” then you spend 10000 silver on a character you don’t end up playing as because they either don’t suit your playstyle or are just trash in regular matches. And you don’t get refunds on heroes. I just wish the game wasn’t a ‘Ubisoft Moment’ and was actually designed to be the game it should’ve been. At the very least it shouldn’t have had SBMM. Every game I get into it says “skill level = on par --“ while the enemy team is 60 reputation above me on their 48 rep heroes. While my team also says on par but they’re rep 4 on one of the starting heroes The games prime was over before it even officially released (the beta) and it’s sad. This game deserves only a 0 from me and it’s not from hate or malice. I’ve genuinely tried to like the game but it does not want me to. I regret every single dollar I spent on For Honor and I wish I would’ve spent my time playing something else. Expand
  62. Jul 28, 2020
    Current meta of for honor is unbalanced, tons of microtransction. 1 game will only get you a total of less than 100 steel(for honor currency) which make this game more grinding. it took at least 150 match to unlock new heroes not including unlocking gears and upgrading it. Toxic community.
  63. Jul 22, 2020
    El emparejamiento es un chiste, usuarios nivel 1 contra niveles 90, 100 de reputación. Servidores inestables la mayor parte del tiempo se caen. El juego lo arruinaron.
  64. Mar 1, 2021
    Was one of my favourites but ubi ruined it and the community gave me the rest so I stopped playing the game but it had much potential
  65. Mar 10, 2017
    I rate this 3 out of 10 which is very generous considering of the 10 times i attempt to play only connect 3 times out of 10. What's the point of interactive and responsive game-play if i can't connect to a single session. The sessions that I am finally able to connect to drops quite frequently.
  66. Feb 19, 2017
    I must update my previos review with a big list of downsides of this game. Last time I gave it 10, so to make it 6,5, I rate it 3 now ;]

This game has a terrible class balance. There are classes that have no useful abilities AT ALL, like berserker and raider - they can only depend on very basic game mechanics like light attack, heavy attack, parry and guard break....and then there are classes that have a lot of different useful tools, like warden and peacekeeper... basically, these classes are so OP compared to others, that they don't even need to use guardbreak EVER... it's actually quite pathetic to even release the game with such stupid and useless abilities on many classes. It's like they make a multiplayer competitive game in mind, but they design classes like a WoW raiding DPS characters.... it's actually so stupid, and it looks like they are not going to fix this ever, because the most obvious gamebreaking bugs are fixed so slow, I am sure there is no way they could even try doing something as impactful as changing or balancing abilities...
  67. Feb 28, 2017
    A phrase to best describe For Honor is "a great idea that was poorly executed" because that is exactly what it is. It is a game that throws so much noise and frustration at the player, that it would not surprise me if someone ranked it a 5 either. Here are the pros, mix and cons:

Pros) 1- Fantastic combat that feels like how real warriors would have fought in a Deadliest Warrior

Pros)
    1- Fantastic combat that feels like how real warriors would have fought in a Deadliest Warrior scenario.
    2- Music score is very well done and makes tension work very well, especially in duels and brawls.
    3- Duels (and brawls) are the best part of the multiplayer, and make the fighting game aspect shine the brightest
    4- Fighters are well balanced in terms of their movesets and customizing them is fun

1) Graphics look great from a distant (and on the fighters as well), but the up close textures on minions and certain spots are muddy and shoddy.
    2) Its 4v4, while overall alright, seem diluted on the combat premise and using powerups just feels like a moba instead of a fighting game.
    3) Faction Wars is just a popularity contest, its up in the air on axing or improving it.
    4) Some matches will have pit falls and while it takes skill to make this game work, you can easily cheese and get cheesed by them.

Cons:
    1) Peer To Peer system in 2017 is unacceptable in any multiplayer game, not just for player performance but also for internet security as well.
    2) Microtransactions and season passes infest the screen and encourage to spend more money "if you don't have time" (as the game screen tells me this by the by).
    3) Launch on PC WAS worse than consoles, but consoles still had issues with matches being dropped, game applications crashing, lag, recovering network displays.
    4) Campaign was awful with a forgettable plot, terrible voice acting, AI with god reflexes that dilute the combat and repetitive lines: You are a raider, legendary! YOU ARE A RAIDER, LEGENDARY!
    5) Loot boxes/scavenger crates that ruin progression and create (arguably) a pay to win mechanic (as you can buy the currency steel with real money to acquire those crates).
  68. Mar 10, 2017
    GOOD:
    - The mixture of Mount & Blade and Dark Souls combat styles (sans magic or real ranged weaponry or horses nonetheless) is fairly successful, although imperfect in places.
    - The maps that do exist - of which there are relatively few - are very detailed and play well - Artwork is generally pretty good and animations provide very appropriate tells to where a HUD is not necessary
    GOOD:

BAD:
    - Single player campaign is short and either pathetically easy (90% of the time) or annoying (when bosses show up). The story is so generic there might as well have not even been one, and no one's behavior makes any sense.

- The vast majority of characters are masked because the developers were too lazy to animate the faces or just have static faces.

- There are 12 classes but essentially 2 play styles: attack people quickly around their attacks, or smash them with a huge long-distance attack that they're not expecting. This has a number of ill effects on the gameplay:
    a. Teamplay basically just consists of ganking in a fashion similar to any other team action game you've played. This is especially the case since there is stagger so the victim cannot fight back, and you generally have to be locked on (unlike Mount & Blade or Dark Souls) to actually be effective. The targeting system is awful.
    b. Duelling consists of timing your special abilities properly like a MOBA instead of a careful fencing match like M&B.
    c. None of your progress really means anything other than aesthetics.

- There might as well be no music in the game. The most memorable tunes will be the menu music (that you'll hear many times after being disconnected) which has no melody or the lobby music which is basically a drum march.

- Graphics are not bad, but they're nothing terribly impressive. Most of the processing power seems to go into creating detailed surroundings. The characters might be out of an Army of Two sequel.

- Netcode is totally awful, as if you need to be told this by now. All matches are peer-to-peer and if more than one person leaves the game (don't worry, server capacity is 8 - lol) then everyone gets kicked. Some people get kicked from the majority of their matches before they complete. For me, it's about 40%. Yes, my router is set up properly, and yes, I have more than 100 Mbps down and 30 up.

- Combat is interesting but doesn't particularly make sense. Most people hack with their weapons, like that's going to significantly affect a fully plated opponent. There are very few thrusting attacks unless you're a polearm class. You cannot interrupt giant telegraphic attacks with a shove, but a tiny graze with a knife will do. You cannot fall more than 2 stories before DYING, although you can be clubbed in the head 3 times by a kanabo, something historically used to destroy metal armor and paralyze horses, without being permanently wounded. Arrows are insanely powerful, mainly because they are relegated to feats with long recharge times, like that makes sense. You can sprint forever but as soon as you swing your weapon about 4 times you are out of breath and almost defenseless. Essentially, everyone is forced to behave like they're fighting in a video game.
    - There is a massive amount of downtime. It's not at GTA Online levels, but it has taken me upwards of 7 or 8 minutes regularly to begin playing a game mode that I want to. This is especially problematic when the game gives you Destiny-esque daily orders to complete as your only real means to gaining currency or experience. Loading maps, loading the lobby, matchmaking, waiting for players to ready up, watching unskippable cutscenes and faction war briefings - it's all unavoidable, all unskippable. The only way you can really get around it is to make a custom match that won't count toward your progress. You HAVE to sit there for virtually half the time doing nothing.
    - Cynically, to circumvent this, a number of players will just sit at the back of the map while their teammates carry them through because they will, nonetheless, get progress toward the "complete x number of ... matches" orders. Today I even played with a guy whose PSN name included Farmer. Unlike better games from 20 years ago, there are no means to flag or kick these people.
  69. Feb 28, 2017
    Good idea, but p2p connectivity just killed all fun for me. Frequent disconnects and network errors in the middle or at the end of the match is so frustrating. Some people just join the match but do not play, It does not matter they still get rewards no matter what. And it's people who are reputation 1 and higher, just so sad. Sold my copy today and will comeback when its fixed or 10$
  70. Mar 5, 2017
    Nice graphics and optimization, but p2p totally runied the game. Also, microtransactions in b2p game? Srsly?! You can buy resources and boost your equipmnet for real money.
  71. Feb 21, 2017
    I'm gonna keep this short and sweet. For Honor has a really solid combat system, it's simple yet complex at the same time. You've probably seen gameplay and know how it works so I wont drag on this part, but it's a great combat system. The game also has 12 different heroes to choose from, all with unique abilities and cosmetic stuff like executions. I would NOT recommend this game ifI'm gonna keep this short and sweet. For Honor has a really solid combat system, it's simple yet complex at the same time. You've probably seen gameplay and know how it works so I wont drag on this part, but it's a great combat system. The game also has 12 different heroes to choose from, all with unique abilities and cosmetic stuff like executions. I would NOT recommend this game if you're going to play it for the singleplayer. This game was meant for multiplayer and that's where it shines. The 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4 deathmatch modes are fun, but unfortunately the main mode, Dominion, is lackluster. The matches in Dominion are just chaos. You can't engage in a 1v1 duel (which is where the game is at its best) without getting interrupted with the waves of AI or other players. The other solely combat focused modes are fantastic though, and let you have concentrated battles with real opponents. The 4v4 elimination mode spawns each player in with an enemy and they have to duel it out before going to help their friends. After all the bloodshed the last team standing wins. It's a very fun mode and makes 4v4 matches actually playable without all the annoying AI crap. 1v1s are also fun and let the player focus solely on 1 opponent.

Now the bad: The servers are horrendous. It's impossible to find a game. Rainbow Six Siege had this same issue when it released, but For Honor has it much worse. I've probably only PLAYED the game for a little over an hour, the rest of the time has been just waiting to join a match. Sometimes the matchmaking works. Sometimes being 10% of the time. 90% of the time you wont find a game. I legit pulled out my phone and watched youtube for over an hour and never found a game. It's not my internet either, most games work just fine. I can't believe Ubisoft would release the game in this state.

For Honor could have been a 7 or 8 out of 10, but considering I payed 60 bucks to stare at a loading screen for 5 hours I can't recommend it. Wait for them to fix the servers before making a purchase.
    Maybe that wasn't very short or sweet, but whatever. The game needs to be fixed.
  72. Mar 3, 2017
    Is a great **** as it is that one of the games that I most personally expected of the year turned out to be one of the most disappointing games of 2017, very badly by ubisoft in doing so this game that could have given much more

My review unfortunately is 4/10
  73. Feb 15, 2017
    So, first of all, the 0 score reviews are ridiculous. Only something as bad as E.T. for the NES deserves a 0. But the perfect 10 scores are a little much. For Honor has, hands down, one of the best, most original combat systems ever. 1v1 duels are absolutely amazing. The problem is: nobody has honor in this damn game! 1v1 fights turn into 2v1 or 3v1 more than half of the time. I have yetSo, first of all, the 0 score reviews are ridiculous. Only something as bad as E.T. for the NES deserves a 0. But the perfect 10 scores are a little much. For Honor has, hands down, one of the best, most original combat systems ever. 1v1 duels are absolutely amazing. The problem is: nobody has honor in this damn game! 1v1 fights turn into 2v1 or 3v1 more than half of the time. I have yet to win an outnumbered fight, but I hear it's possible. I also don't like it when I'm on the winning end. I hate trying to fairly win a 1v1 fight, especially if I come back from behind, then a teammate comes and stabs them -- I want to earn my win. With that said, it is kind of satisfying to almost win a 2v1; I just wish thy only happened rarely. I don't mind them as much in Dominion or Skirmish because there are respawns.

The complaints about the campaign are silly. I wasn't expecting much at all from single player; we know this is a multiplayer first game. I only just started the campaign and I'm finding it to be pleasantly surprising. They could've skipped it entirely. Just don't expect much and you will enjoy what is there. Don't forget: this not a campaign game, so don't buy it for that.

For Honor is a bit light on content, but it has unbelievable replayability as a competitive multiplayer game. The 12 characters are very different and extremely balanced. I once thought Nobushi was OP, but truthfully, you can do well and win with any character. I can dominate with the hulking Shugoki as well as the Peacekeeper, it all depends on my opponent. I can switch characters to keep things fresh whenever I feel bored, because each character feels completely different. My main complaint is that the game can feel boring and repetitive after a while (because of the somewhat bland Dominion mode and outnumbered fights). However, after considering how many hours I got just out of the beta, I thought about it again and feel that it's well worth it. I've already gotten 25 hours out of the game and I've paid $60 for games that I only got 12 or so hours out of and been perfectly happy with that. So, I think people should consider that when judging the lack of content. Plus, this is a game I KNOW I will always come back to even if I do get bored every so often. With new characters and maps (btw, the map criticism is ridiculous. The full map set available in the finished build of the game are great) coming every few months, this game will remain fresh for quite a while. I'm really excited to see what weapons they will bring to the game in the future!

If you like competitive multiplayer games, especially ones with fighting game concepts, then I would give this a shot. The fighting is slow, deliberate, and strategic -- it feels like real sword fighting. As much as I love Nioh and Dark Souls, this feels more true to real life. Also, if you like the idea of competitive FPS games like COD but aren't good at twitch shooters, then I would also recommend this game to you. I like some FPS games but I'm terrible about them so they don't end up being as fun for me. For Honor is something that I can actually compete in, and it always feels fair when you lose a 1v1 fight (unless you get thrown off a ledge, but you can do that too).
  74. Mar 19, 2017
    BUYER BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!! For Honor is broken and completely unplayable. I'm not talking about the classes and balance, I am talking about connectivity. As far as gameplay goes For Honor is one of the most fun games that I have ever played. Honestly, I love running around as knights and samurai. I have dreamed of a game like this for years! However, I did not pay $60+ toBUYER BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!! For Honor is broken and completely unplayable. I'm not talking about the classes and balance, I am talking about connectivity. As far as gameplay goes For Honor is one of the most fun games that I have ever played. Honestly, I love running around as knights and samurai. I have dreamed of a game like this for years! However, I did not pay $60+ to have nearly every single one of my multiplayer matches crash instantly. Seriously, the P2P multiplayer system is completely broken and doesn't work. On those rare occasions when I do connect to a match, the lag is so horrendous that I will start fighting, only to watch as the opponent teleports around me before I just fall dead. FYI, I have high speed internet and perfect, wired, connectivity to my PS4, so there are no problems on my end. Also, Ubisoft troubleshooting and customer service is no help at all. They keep suggesting that I alter my internet and router settings, however, this is absolutely unacceptable. I paid good money for this game and expect it to work. If there are any problems, then it is on Ubisoft to fix them, not me, the consumer. This is the last Ubisoft game that I plan to buy as the last few have been completely broken and unplayable as well.

TL;DR The online/multiplayer service has been completely broken since launch and is still broken now a month later. If you have this game, my advice to you is to sell it or trade it in as soon as possible to get most of your money back (I plan on doing just that after writing this review). If you do not have the game and are thinking of buying it, save your money and spend it on a game that works as advertised. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!
  75. Nov 16, 2017
    Good gameplay, but the experienced is ruined by one of the worst micro-transaction system in the history of video-games! Oh and I don't understand why Ubisoft, a fortunate video game company, can't afford 64 tick servers (at the least)... I understand that Dedicated servers can seem out of place for this kind of game... but seriously... Peer 2 Peer... for a video game where every moves canGood gameplay, but the experienced is ruined by one of the worst micro-transaction system in the history of video-games! Oh and I don't understand why Ubisoft, a fortunate video game company, can't afford 64 tick servers (at the least)... I understand that Dedicated servers can seem out of place for this kind of game... but seriously... Peer 2 Peer... for a video game where every moves can cost you the victory. Good job Ubisoft!

The campaign is just one big horendus cliche. The Multiplayer is where the game shine, but when someone used his credit card to buy those XP bonus to rush the prestige 10 and buy lootboxes to unlock the best gear... you just can't help but to have this Pay 2 Win feeling.
  76. Apr 10, 2020
    This game is a piece of **** Loved this game a few years ago until Ubisoft changed everything into worst and released so many characters with non-sense moves. This game will be dead because of game balance, so as all other Ubisoft’s games.
  77. Mar 20, 2017
    Don't buy this piece of sh*t game you will regret it. It looks pretty but its an unbalanced clusterf**k game with a really crappy f**king peer-to-peer server, who tf uses p2p anymore...ubif**ks apparently think its good. That tomahawk b*tch is OP as f**k wtf its like daylight robbery. also its a pay-to-win game wow not really surprised there. If you re broke you'll lose or else useDon't buy this piece of sh*t game you will regret it. It looks pretty but its an unbalanced clusterf**k game with a really crappy f**king peer-to-peer server, who tf uses p2p anymore...ubif**ks apparently think its good. That tomahawk b*tch is OP as f**k wtf its like daylight robbery. also its a pay-to-win game wow not really surprised there. If you re broke you'll lose or else use square-to-win for increased chances. Expand
  78. Feb 16, 2017
    Man, this was a rough one for me. I was SUPER excited for this game, and although it's not terrible by any means it is definitely not what I was expecting. I am really kicking myself in the a$$ right now because I decided not to play the beta because I hate getting really into a game then for it to end in a day or two. The melee combat is some of the best I have EVER seen in the game.Man, this was a rough one for me. I was SUPER excited for this game, and although it's not terrible by any means it is definitely not what I was expecting. I am really kicking myself in the a$$ right now because I decided not to play the beta because I hate getting really into a game then for it to end in a day or two. The melee combat is some of the best I have EVER seen in the game. It seems to rely a whole lot more on the player's skill, and would take years to master. However, it is easily exploitable by players that would rather cheese their way through than actually fight. It is a giant spam fest. I have had several instances where I would play a one on one match for best out of five rounds, win the first round and the player will just quit the match. Granted, the quitting player is replaced by a bot, so you can still get the xp and stuff, but it feels cheap. The different classes are completely imbalanced. All I have to do when facing a somewhat big and strong enemy is pick the lighter assassin and just spam attack them. Even when their revenge mode is activated, as long as I keep attacking the enemy doesn't even get a chance for revenge. I gotta give Ubisoft some credit though. They tried making something completely new and unconventional. It's just a shame that the game that shipped just isn't really good. If Ubisoft can support it with patches and changes, I bet they could turn this game into a great one. The layout is there, and it definitely has it moments. I have been in a couple of fight with players that LOVE the game and it was a lot of fun. My heart was pumping and everything. Super intense. Those instances were few and far between. Kudos to the players that really love this game. Those types of players are building a community and really trying to make the best of For Honor, unfortunately they are outnumbered imo by the players that just cheese everything, and I really think those types of players will be responsible for this game's demise. Expand
  79. Feb 16, 2017
    I hate people who give zeroes. You're all a bunch of sad pathetic losers. So, the game's not bad, the game's not great. Basically, if you play alone, you'll get ganked 100% of the time. You HAVE to play this with friends. Always ending up in a 2v1 annoyed me a lot. The blocking system is great when you practice it but it's a bit like real life martial arts training; a lot of fun but youI hate people who give zeroes. You're all a bunch of sad pathetic losers. So, the game's not bad, the game's not great. Basically, if you play alone, you'll get ganked 100% of the time. You HAVE to play this with friends. Always ending up in a 2v1 annoyed me a lot. The blocking system is great when you practice it but it's a bit like real life martial arts training; a lot of fun but you hardly use it in a streetfight. All those cool mechanics fly out the window as soon as you see 2 opponents racing at you. Expand
  80. Feb 15, 2017
    For Honor plays very similar to Bushido Blade or like an episode of Deadliest Warrior, the characters have no personality to speak of but are representations of a warrior class ripped straight from the history books. In that sense, they struck gold. Combat is weighty and controls are tight, you FEEL like a warrior scouring the battlefield in search of challenge. The core mechanics areFor Honor plays very similar to Bushido Blade or like an episode of Deadliest Warrior, the characters have no personality to speak of but are representations of a warrior class ripped straight from the history books. In that sense, they struck gold. Combat is weighty and controls are tight, you FEEL like a warrior scouring the battlefield in search of challenge. The core mechanics are simple in nature, but hard to master, and there is quite a bit of customization (both aesthetic and stat-boosting) so you can round your warrior out with a style that fits you.

I sunk a lot of time into Alpha and Beta, and I can say they have polished this game quite nicely. The largest issue by far was the pier to pier servers, which were buggy at best during peak times throughout the Beta. They have been reworked and now run MUCH smoother. Not nearly as many issues with frame-rate dropping either, another problem that had formally plagued the title.

So what keeps it from greatness? Well, unfortunately while the game is a FAR cry from being a "pay-to-win" there is a considerable emphasis on micro-transactions and earning "steel" (the game currency for upgrading) is a horrifically slow trudge. The game will coax you to make it easier by offering "champion status" for a pre-determined amount of time, however that too costs a hefty amount of steel, so it ends up being somewhat of a double edged sword (no pun intended).

The game manages to do a few things amazingly well, and it doesn't do much terrible (music is passable, but sound effects are great), but so much falls into the "average" end of the spectrum that in order to truly appreciate the game for what it is you will need to be okay with decent (not spectacular) sound and graphics.

One last little gripe, the menu system is hot garbage. I applaud Ubisoft for adding so much depth this time around, its the kind of thing I was expecting to see in The Division but somehow found its way into For Honor instead. It is a mess, with three sub-menus all looking/feeling like a main menu, and so many offshoots and options that you will easily spend 30 minutes to an hour just sifting through it all.

Overall For Honor manages to feel fairly fresh in an otherwise slowly staling multiplayer market, and with not much else to sink your teeth into this year (Friday the 13th looks fun), For Honor is a good bet to satisfy your craving for PvP perfection. 8/10
  81. Feb 15, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GOOD:
    New combat system
    Gfx sound pretty good
    No lag so far
    Hero customization
    Needs strategy in order to win
    Hero;s seem balanced between them

THE BAD
    Everything is connected to microtransactions
    Campaign mode is actually a big tutorial
    Unless lots of contect is there to be added thers a chance you can get bored soon
    The hard copy of the game includes the dvd of the game and nothing else...oh and the picture of the game...no info about the game the heroes nothing...kind of lame for 70euros,

Thats all folks
  82. Feb 19, 2017
    This game is extremely unique with challenging but rewarding combat that requires skill to master. The beta was what got me interested in this game. But what could make me give it a 3. Well while I did enjoy the beta, it did have many problems that would be addressed. But there are no fixes, this game is just the beta (but worse) sold for 60+ dollars. It would be fun if you could play theThis game is extremely unique with challenging but rewarding combat that requires skill to master. The beta was what got me interested in this game. But what could make me give it a 3. Well while I did enjoy the beta, it did have many problems that would be addressed. But there are no fixes, this game is just the beta (but worse) sold for 60+ dollars. It would be fun if you could play the game but every time you try to play you will get an error almost 70% of the time. Do not waste your money on this garbage until this is fixed. Expand
  83. Feb 22, 2017
    Simply put, For Honor is a fun yet flawed game. It's single player campaign doesn't offer much (around 6 hours of gameplay) with a typical linear path. The only reason to play through again is for the collectibles.

The multiplayer should be it's selling point, but it's hampered with a poor peer to peer system that suffers from major connectivity issues, a shop that drives you to pull out a credit card, and a limiting amount of game modes (3 in total that you can actually choose). It's launch is very reminiscent of BF4...

Until they solve the issues of disconnecting every other game, I'd recommend holding off on a purchase. It's disappointing when the main aspect of the game doesn't work. 6/10 now, 8/10 once Ubisoft fixes the online experience.
  84. Feb 24, 2017
    I think this game is for hardcore gamer that's why some people give it a negative reviews. This game is prefect. The gameplay system is fresh and i never play before. like street fighter ,king of fighter....etc fighting game . you have keep practice for the pursuit of a higher level.i'd say 8/10 if they fix network problem i will give 10/10
  85. Apr 9, 2017
    DO NOT BUY.
    The reviewers did not play this game on the public internet.
    Crashes drops this game is a nightmare.
    IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR INTERNET IS.
    It still matters about everyone else's.
    You need specific ports open on your router.
  86. Feb 15, 2017
    The concept for the game is pretty fresh, and the gameplay is pretty rewarding. Getting the better of your opponent - or better still, beating 2 or 3 people ganging up on you - is wonderfully rewarding and fun, if you can pull it off.
    However. This game is far from perfect. A mix of bugs and lag can ruin an otherwise great match/fight. There have been multiple times that I suddenly lost a fight because my blocking inputs suddenly stopped counting somehow. There have also been times when I dueled someone and watched as their stamina didn't drain at all, while mine was quickly emptied by blocking. Why and how, I can't say, but then in the next match that person's stamina would drain normally like it should. Odd bug, and I'd seen it since the betas. Also a suite of the usual bugs - wall clipping, falling through the ground/launching into the cosmos, etc.
    Matchmaking is bad. There have been multiple times I've seen a game start and one team is all rank 1-4 and the other team is all 20+. While I realize this is a skill-based concept so that ranks shouldn't matter quite as much as in other games, it's still a matter of a team of very experienced players vs a team that isn't. And it happens often.
    Multiplayer connections are garbage. I get dropped from 1 in 3 matches because of some connection errors, and on top of that, half of the time that happens, it also bugs out matchmaking somehow so that I'm unable to match-make again without restarting the game. Again, that's pretty bad for a game whose main selling point is clearly the multiplayer.
    Lastly, the maps and modes are pretty bland. There isn't a great deal of variety in maps, and the game modes are frankly boring pretty quick. I'm also disappointed that it's only 4v4. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that people love to cheese it up and try ganging up on people rather than fight honorably, but still, only 8 players seems pretty tame, considering there are multiplayer 64-man games out there. This is especially true when you consider that the game makes a lot of emphasis on the fact that there are three (3) competing factions. I felt very disappointed there wasn't at least a 4v4v4 mode. Why there isn't any form of 3-way matches in the game with this setup really boggles me.
    Bonus round: this game uses cash-grab mechanics which always feels a little insulting to me. Just paid out $60 for your game and one of the first things you want me to know when I boot it up is that I can pay you more money to get more out of the game? Not impressed.

It's fresh, and it's definitely fun at times, but frankly, I'd wait until you see this game go on sale if you're interested in playing it. It's skill-based, so even if you're joining the game late you'll have a better chance than usual of being competitive against the more experienced players, so this makes it a multiplayer game that's better for buying and playing late than most. And by the time it goes on sale, hopefully a lot of the bugs and matchmaking issues will be resolved, and maybe even 1 or 2 new character types will have been released.
  87. Feb 16, 2017
    if you are thinking of buying For Honor on a whim don't, this game is not for everyone, if you don't like multiplayer don't buy it the story is fine but not worth the asking price. if you don/t like fighting games, don't buy it this game has a lot of fighting game DNA in it. and if you get frustrated easily maybe give this one a pass the first dozen or so matches against a.i. and realif you are thinking of buying For Honor on a whim don't, this game is not for everyone, if you don't like multiplayer don't buy it the story is fine but not worth the asking price. if you don/t like fighting games, don't buy it this game has a lot of fighting game DNA in it. and if you get frustrated easily maybe give this one a pass the first dozen or so matches against a.i. and real people will almost certainly consist of you getting the punching bag treatment. if none of this scares you off than i would suggest you give this game a try as it has some of the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a while its combat feels heavy and meaningful every move from slashes to stabs to even running carries a weight and purpose to them some might consider this clunky but this is deliberate, this game at its core is a dance played out in steel and blood where every move could mean the difference between winning and losing. one thing to note is that the game uses a peer to peer online system, some consider this system to be outdated or archaic however this is the system used by most fighting games and at its heart thats what this game is. Expand
  88. Feb 16, 2017
    As a gamer i feel i 'm being exploited by Ubisoft every time i buy a new game from them.
    To play this game i have to register to ubisoft. Why?
    If i want to play solo camping mode i have to be online. Why? It feels cheap that any gamer can buy upgrades with real money. Why? The answer is that ubisoft doesn't even try to hide that the only purpose is gain.. Nevertheless the game it
    To play this game i have to register to ubisoft. Why?
    If i want to play solo camping mode i have to be online. Why?
    It feels cheap that any gamer can buy upgrades with real money. Why?

Nevertheless the game it self it is worth playing for the one vs one (duel) mode. The story mode and the multiplayer mode (4 vs 4 etc) is repetitive and it fells like they exist with no obvious purpose .. The menu of the game is awful!!! The price you have to pay for 12 fighters and a few maps quite pricey..

SO, Ubisoft did it again.. they take a good recipe and with their corporate opportunistic b@#$t they destroy it. The game itself is basically good bud it doesn't shine like it should..
  89. Feb 18, 2017
    After grinding 12 hours the game throws you a feeling that you need to grind more because of those microstransactions that costs alot. The game is slowpaced unsatisfying and boring
  90. Mar 7, 2017
    This game has so much potential that is sad that it might go as the biggest let down in 2017. One of the main issues it has is the character unbalancing, it seems that assassins have the upper hand leaving the other classes powerless. Just when you taught Ubisoft will fix this issues they end up buffing one of the assassin class making it more OP. So much hope just gone down the drain.
  91. Apr 3, 2017
    Si estás preparado para una experiencia de juego frustrante, pero estás dispuesto a dejar una gran cantidad de dinero sólo para que mejore un poco, For Honor es el juego para tí. Investiga por tí mismo para que descubras todo lo que tienes que gastar si quieres tener una cantidad decente de buenos ítems.
  92. Feb 19, 2017
    Sadly the one thing people leave out of "professional" reviews is the experience most people will have. Is the game innovative? Yes. Does it have its moments when its fun? Sure. Its a majority of it annoying? Yes. This game is probably awesome if you have 3 friends, then you will destroy people pretty easily, but if youre solo you might as well quit now. Im not going to say i havent had mySadly the one thing people leave out of "professional" reviews is the experience most people will have. Is the game innovative? Yes. Does it have its moments when its fun? Sure. Its a majority of it annoying? Yes. This game is probably awesome if you have 3 friends, then you will destroy people pretty easily, but if youre solo you might as well quit now. Im not going to say i havent had my moments, and a majority of the time i end up on top, but i can see where this is going and its not pretty. Theres a lot of fun here but unfortunatly its just outweighed by the annoying things. If youre solo its comes down to this - youre fighting someone, one or two other players come and now its 3 on 1, they all start spamming heavy attacks, guard breaks, and unblockables. I can usually last until i get revenge buffs (an effort to balance out being outnumbered which adds attack and defence bonuses) but it doesnt help much. Unblockables and guard breaks are ok if its one on one, you just dodge, but in a situation like that you just cant keep track of it all. When things like this dont happen its a pretty fun game, but now that people are realizing they can get easy kills this way its happening all the time. You will be fighting and a faster class runs in and spams heavy attack for an execution. This also works the other way, you get a guy down 90% and your teammate runs in and steals the kill.

P2p servers are garbage too. You will be fighting and someone will drop and the whole game freezes to reconnect. That is if you dont get one of the many errors and get booted back to the home screen

Its not a totally bad game, just a lot of annoying things that make it money better spent on other game.

Oh, and if youre interested in the campaign save your money. Its pathetic. People who think its decent need to get out more. Its cheaply done and only lasts a few hours with almost no replay value. The character you play is set and the missions are linear. Let me put it this way, ive enjoyed battlefield campaigns more then this one and thats saying something.
  93. Mar 12, 2017
    For honor was a promising fighter game. Unfortunately there are many issue with the game. Issue that were signal in the beta that never got fix.

the pros of this game are: +Great environment. +Good customisation. +Great combat mechanic. +Great ambiance. +A very neat idea to get knight vs samurai vs viking. +Each class have their own ability and combo. Unfortunately the rest

the pros of this game are:

+Great environment.
    +Good customisation.
    +Great combat mechanic.
    +Great ambiance.
    +A very neat idea to get knight vs samurai vs viking.
    +Each class have their own ability and combo.

Unfortunately the rest of it is bad:

-Blatant imbalance of some class.
    -Stupid server connection. P2P competitive game shouldn't be a thing
    -Insane price for emote, cosmetic, execution.
    -Abyssal exp gain when every character have their own req to grind to.
    -Micro-transaction in a 60$ + game. Not cheap on either.
    -Lack of map
    -Lack of game type.
    -A campaign with so many plot hole that it would make a Swiss cheese blush. (at least there's one)
    Only multi-player no Internet no game.
    -Stuck going on Uplay for PC user. (ps4 user here)
    -Matchmaking is a joke. 1 player rep 2, 3 bot vs rep 6/7/8 in 108 gear. seen it i was on the bot side and it happen time to time.

It sure that the game doesn't deserve a 0 but it definitely doesn't deserve a 8,9.or even a 10. If Ubi stop being greedy (lol) then it would become a great and fun game
  94. Feb 18, 2017
    I asked for a refund of the game. I played closed beta, open beta and the game when released for 2 days.

Than my frustration hit the roof because the connectivity issue of P2P it would make you hate the game. Not one single match without a connectivity issue. Always stuck by someone leaving or entering. Or unable to enter in matchmaking. The game it is so frustrating by tons of

The game it is so frustrating by tons of issues that I couldn't even play with my friends because we are UNABLE TO MAKE GROUP. What's the point of playing if you cannot play with friends on a multiplayer game?

The basic idea is fun, 1v1 can be challenging, but once you switch to 2v2 or 4v4 or dominion the dynamic completely change and it is a kind of noobfest.

Without considering that sometimes on 1v1 if you are against a character that is OP because of poor balancing, doesn't matter your skill. You just get destroyed and there is no competition vs an enemy that spam light attack or apply bleed to you making the 1v1 unfair instead of just challenging.
  95. Feb 18, 2017
    I had such high hopes for this game, but it's broken. I've tried it for both the PC and the PS4 and ran into control problems and server problems.

This is a tough game and is not for everyone. I expected this. I love challenging games like Dark Souls. But the controls are not responsive at all. I found myself button mashing just to get my character to dodge backwards. This made an already difficult game frustrating. A part of me feels like this problem ties to the other issue. The servers. My god. The lag and the servers reconnecting every game. I have high speed internet so I know the issue is not my own.

I can't say that I'm surprised. This is not the first time that I've been burned by a Ubisoft title. To ebay you go!
  96. Sep 23, 2017
    Rewriting my Review,

Rewriting my Review,

This game has been through alot and improved alot, and ubisoft is still doing more improvements, As much as I tried to hate on For Honor for it's faults, it's still one of my favorite games ever and spend over 300 hours. It's gameplay, animations, graphics and mechanics and phenomenal. The only bad things I can say about for honor is a lackluster Singleplayer Mode and buying stuff online with steel are way too expensive just so ubisoft can make more money with microtransaction.. Tsk Tsk Tsk.. Recommend for Melee fighting fans and hope more games will copy the great mechanics.
  97. Feb 15, 2017
    The game play in this is great. The combat is overall very well designed and fun to play, all the characters are also unique and different to play. The one thing that lets this game down is the terrible, and I mean game breakingly terrible, servers. Matchmaking takes ages to get into a game and tends to repeatedly send you back to the menu because a game it tried to join was full. Once youThe game play in this is great. The combat is overall very well designed and fun to play, all the characters are also unique and different to play. The one thing that lets this game down is the terrible, and I mean game breakingly terrible, servers. Matchmaking takes ages to get into a game and tends to repeatedly send you back to the menu because a game it tried to join was full. Once you get into a game, your most likely going to be removed because: Low FPS (even when the min is 30 and I had 60+), inactivity (even when your in the middle of a fight) and literally the most annoying is when it says "You have been removed because there was a error". Singleplayer is also boring and repetitive button mashing. Also the AI enemies in the game tend to have superhuman reaction times so good luck with that. Game was great but ruined by Ubish**s terrible connectivity. Expand
  98. Feb 18, 2017
    Not the game we were promised. No 'battlefields', just 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4 with bots. This game is a joke. It's really too bad because the gameplay is actually good. Honestly I give the game a 6 but gave it a zero to counter fan-boys splooging on the title. Don't spend your money on this. Get Ubi to wake the f*ck up!
  99. Feb 27, 2017
    Do not wait in this game interesting and skillful fighting. All fights are reduced to spamm guardbrake. Guardbrake -> one strike. Guardbrake -> one strike. Guardbrake -> one strike. Broken game mechanick
  100. Feb 27, 2017
    We need more fresh potatoes. So much lag and in games like this those split seconds are difference between life and death. This game is fun, but Ubisoft as always can only deliver half of what the consumer actually wants.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 59 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    An addictive, nuanced and surprisingly deep battler, prevented from being a killer by its lack of variety. [Apr 2017, p.73]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 2, 2017
    The campaign might disappoint, but the game’s one-on-one online duels will take you to Valhalla. [May 2017, p75]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Apr 11, 2017
    A brilliant multiplayer battler with a combat system that captures meaty melee battles like no other, but a mediocre single-player unfortunately drags it down. [Apr 2017, p.86]