7.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 29, 2021
    I love Life is strange series and this is almost as good as the first one. Roleplaying part may be boring, but overall l like the concept of the main characters.
  2. IOI
    Sep 24, 2021
    The graphics are stunning, and the facial expressions are so key to the story telling that they've nailed it. The environment is perfect with the characters all feeling fleshed out and appropriately unique and relatable. The main character is very similar to Max in LiS1 which is great, as she is a sweet relatable character.

True Colors ends up being better than LiS2 in every way. Though

True Colors ends up being better than LiS2 in every way. Though it under performs in the story department when compared to LiS1. The inevitable plot twist was well done, however the interactions after that point felt super underwhelming. There was a real opportunity there to hit hard and make the scenes more intense but it fell flat.

The emotional pay off just wasn't there when compared to LiS1. The game was still satisfying and enjoyable to complete, just don't expect the same emotional output as LiS1.
  3. Sep 29, 2021
    True Colors is a return to glory for the Life is Strange franchise. It brings back the charm of a single small town to experience as well as returning to actually having likable characters that restored my faith in the series after the dumpster fire that was Season 2. While it wasn't quite as good as Season 1 it was much better than Season 2 by returning to what made Season 1 great andTrue Colors is a return to glory for the Life is Strange franchise. It brings back the charm of a single small town to experience as well as returning to actually having likable characters that restored my faith in the series after the dumpster fire that was Season 2. While it wasn't quite as good as Season 1 it was much better than Season 2 by returning to what made Season 1 great and even threw in some interesting new features that made True Colors a truly enjoyable experience. Expand
  4. Oct 7, 2021
    Absolutely loved this game. The music, the characters, the atmosphere. Played through it 3 times already and still ain't sick of it
  5. Sep 14, 2021
    You will experience an interesting story that will send you on an emotional roller coaster. You will want to finish it with one breath and still entertain you for at least 10 to 15 hours. Compared to any role-playing game, game time lags a bit, but this is an adventure as it should be, here you can make up for it with an even richer experience - both pictorial, musical and story. FreeYou will experience an interesting story that will send you on an emotional roller coaster. You will want to finish it with one breath and still entertain you for at least 10 to 15 hours. Compared to any role-playing game, game time lags a bit, but this is an adventure as it should be, here you can make up for it with an even richer experience - both pictorial, musical and story. Free Tibet. I hope that the developers will not give in to the pressure of the communist regime that rules in totality China Expand
  6. Sep 17, 2021
    It was the first game that make me cry, the story makes you a lot of feelings the decisions you have to make. Everything on this game, it's beautiful
  7. Sep 12, 2021
    Loved this game! Such a beautiful story. I prefer this game over lis 2 and before the storm but i still prefer the original game but that might be due to nostalgia.
    Def worthy checking out
  8. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Choices matter
    Soundtrack and story awesome
    Characters healthy
    Platinum easy
    Replay ability
  9. Sep 12, 2021
    LiS 1 and its DLC are among the best experiences in my gaming history. In my opinion, the quality of Dontnod's games dropped with every game they developed after that. Accordingly, I was happy when I heard Deck Nine would be developing the next title. And while I don't think LiS3 comes close to the story of Max and Chloe either, I really enjoyed the game. The dialogues and characters areLiS 1 and its DLC are among the best experiences in my gaming history. In my opinion, the quality of Dontnod's games dropped with every game they developed after that. Accordingly, I was happy when I heard Deck Nine would be developing the next title. And while I don't think LiS3 comes close to the story of Max and Chloe either, I really enjoyed the game. The dialogues and characters are really excellently written and the story remains very exciting until the end. I can give a clear recommendation to all fans of the first two games in the series.

The game is a good 8/10, but to counteract all the 0/10 troll scores, I'm awarding two points more.
  10. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It felt kinda slow at the beginning, but as the story progressed, more interesting stuff started to happen. The power felt kinda weak compared to the other games in the series, but it worked well with the plot. I wish it was longer. Expand
  11. Sep 18, 2021
    This is one of the best stories in the series. Pure emotions. Worth every cent!
  12. Sep 13, 2021
    To be honest, some of my expectations were not met. It will and is compared to the first LiS and in the exact comparison True Colors flopped a little at the main plot. I guess LiS1 was just more expanded and mystic.

Apart from this minor bit, the game is pure bliss. It is as atmospherical (if not more) as all previous entries. Loved it, loved the strong character, loved Steph and Riley. Thank you for the game. Please make the 4th one longer and more serious. Maybe a big bad entity, explain the lore and mechanics. Really hope to see Max (apart from what everyone thinks, even if it meant canonizing one of the endings). Giving it 10/10 cause Chinese reviewers are a mess.
  13. Sep 16, 2021
    Cute, fun game. If you enjoyed the original Life is Strange and Before The Storm, there's a good chance you'll like this one too. Alex is a great protagonist. The side characters are lovable and intriguing, something that I've noticed Deck Nine is really good at executing. Alex's power is a lot more interesting than I'd anticipated, and I really like the way in which it was implemented.Cute, fun game. If you enjoyed the original Life is Strange and Before The Storm, there's a good chance you'll like this one too. Alex is a great protagonist. The side characters are lovable and intriguing, something that I've noticed Deck Nine is really good at executing. Alex's power is a lot more interesting than I'd anticipated, and I really like the way in which it was implemented. There's a few plot details I would change and a few sequences I'd make longer if it were up to me, but the game is great nonetheless. Expand
  14. Sep 28, 2021
    I have to say that this game is a Masterpiece. Best in the whole series by a longshot and definitelly my favourite game this year. It is in my top 2 games of all times as well. Everything was just awesome. The story, the characters and their development, the game play, the dialogues, the soundtrack and sound effects, the graphics, just everything. It was also very emotional and relaxing toI have to say that this game is a Masterpiece. Best in the whole series by a longshot and definitelly my favourite game this year. It is in my top 2 games of all times as well. Everything was just awesome. The story, the characters and their development, the game play, the dialogues, the soundtrack and sound effects, the graphics, just everything. It was also very emotional and relaxing to play as well. The only thing i would love if it was a bit longer. But other than that I can say that this game is just perfect. Expand
  15. Sep 12, 2021
    This game is fantastic. Game is a solid pick up if you enjoy their previous games.
  16. Sep 11, 2021
    Such a good game. Definitely brought back a lot of that charm that I thought the second game was missing, and live up to the expectations I have for these games that the first game set. Great job from Deck Nine. Still not as good as the first one though, hence the 9/10 :)
  17. Sep 12, 2021
    Almost as good as the first Life is strange. The characters are more interesting and more important than in Life is strange 2 for example and the main character, Alex has the power, which is more interesting than your sidekick being the one with the power... The plot is not something completely new, but it is still awesome. Also the atmosphere, soundtrack and the graphics are awesome.
  18. Sep 12, 2021
    Way Better than life is strange 2 if I'm wanna be honest it has some boring moments but the atmosphere and music fix it most of the time and the story was quite good, after all, it was an enjoyable game.
  19. Sep 17, 2021
    Pretty chill game, some parts were a bit slow even for a game like this along with being a fairly predictable plot. However probably the most likebale protaganist and side characters in the series so far. Game returned to its roots well with solid sountrack and comfy small town feel.
  20. Sep 12, 2021
    10/10. Игры превзошла даже самые смелые ожидания, способности многогранны, музыка, прекрасна, графика/мимика на высоте. У Алекс взрывной юмор, а Стеф на 10 голов переплюнула харизму Рейчел. Игра точно стоит своих денег, не пожалела ни разу.

После игры такое странное чувство испытываешь Это не грусть и апатия, как после первой части, не злость и бомбеж, как после второй. Чувствуется

После игры такое странное чувство испытываешь
    Это не грусть и апатия, как после первой части, не злость и бомбеж, как после второй. Чувствуется светлая грусть и желание снова, заново вернуться в игру. Игры в принципе редко дают почувствовать положительные эмоции под конец, а True Colors,которая мне казалась сомнительным проектом, поразила вдвойне. Как же хотелось больше Алекс и Стеф! Идеальная для Лисухи мимика Стеф и способность Алекс слышать ее эмоции сделали невероятные моменты, которые после прохожджения греют душу где-то глубоко.(особенно момент, когда Алекс во время квеста в 3 эпизоде в шутку предлагает Алекс свою руку и сердце, а потом 30 раз читаешь эмоции Стеф и улыбаешься оттого, как она счастливая ликует "Я согласна! Я согласна!!!!"
    Мне казалось Рейчел переплюнуть ну невозможно, но по сравнению с Гингрич она нервно курит в углу.

Все, кто говорит, что игра скучная, мне грустно за вас. Ее нужно проходить вдумчиво, только так она цепляет, заставляет проникнуться собой и не отпускает до титров. Тривиальный сюжет? Камон, это история о нахождении себя среди людей и поиска места, который можно назвать домом. С этим посылом игра справилась на сотню. Прочувствовались ветки отношений с героями, и именно это сделало ее игрой на 10 для меня. Дек найн, так держать!
    Ждём ваших новых проектов.
  21. Sep 19, 2021
    honestly such a good game
    kind of open world
    amazing charachters
    both romance options r good
    amazing story
    love it
  22. Sep 11, 2021
    An immense improvement over Life is Strange 2, bravo Deck Nine! The game is a bit pricey though and the game is shorter than previous mainline entries so I do recommend buying this on sale though. I loved Alex’s story so much and I can’t wait to see what Deck Nine do next in the future.
  23. Sep 12, 2021
    All politics aside this is an amazing game with many twists and turns. China’s people need to separate politics from the ability to enjoy media
  24. Sep 11, 2021
    AMAZING GAME, Life is Strange 2 is still better but it doesnt take away from how amazing this game is! I LOVE the characters so much especially Alex and Ryan!
  25. Sep 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the LiS franchise (apart from the second game, as that was a bloody mess). This game almost caught lightning in a bottle for me but just missed it for me. In this game, you play Alex a girl that heads to Haven Springs in Colorado to see her long lost brother Gabe. I like how this was painting at how Alex is Gabe long lost sister. I love her power of empathy where she can sense peoples emotions through auras, (the colours are akin to Pixar's inside out for me, red= anger, purple= fear and blue = sadness etc). However, if the emotion is strong enough she feels it too, (really reminded me of the film the double minus the doppelgänger). However, the game has a couple of flaws as I saw on my ps4 slim white, Alex T posing after a load which was funny but didn’t crash my ps4. Also, the game can seem too small and episode 4 felt very short and the LARP section was just cringe. I get people liked the table RPG part in LiS before the storm as Chloe but here it's a timewaster. On the other hand, my GOD the facial movements were lifelike, eyes and eyebrow movements the best I’ve seen in any media. I don’t know if it was mo-capped but it's amazing to work. I love this game a lot but it's no LiS 1 for me. Episode 4 should've been longer but episode 5 redeems it as it's trippy and this game is super D E E P like if you are in a traumatic stage in your life right now please wait to play this game. When I finished the game I felt like my head just got tased, I didn’t cry but it was very much reminiscent of indie films. You might love or hate this game this game is like marmite in a word. Some people love the saltyness of the spread others find it too overwhelming that’s what this game is: Marmite. I stand on the love it side as it achieves that happy medium of not much cringe and good writing. A 9/10 it is for me, a must play of this year also TL:DR this game is ‘hella’ deep lol Expand
  26. Sep 20, 2021
    Specially registered here to leave your review. I went through the second part of LiS last year, I really liked it. It was unexpected to find out that soon (this fall) the third part will be released. It was a pleasant surprise. It seems to me that I only watched the first trailer or teaser. I read the review before buying, but stopped myself in time, as opinions differed. In general, ISpecially registered here to leave your review. I went through the second part of LiS last year, I really liked it. It was unexpected to find out that soon (this fall) the third part will be released. It was a pleasant surprise. It seems to me that I only watched the first trailer or teaser. I read the review before buying, but stopped myself in time, as opinions differed. In general, I would recommend to all LiS fans. Each of the parts is good in its own way, and this one is no exception. Expand
  27. Sep 23, 2021
    great narrative, great graphics. a great game to be nominated for game of the year
  28. Oct 14, 2021
    I found that after the original LiS, the series began a downward trajectory, with LiS2 being my least favourite. However, I find True Colours (TC) to be possibly the best LiS game so far and I will explain why below.

The graphics don't appear to be leaps and bounds ahead of the previous entries despite being on the PS5. There are definite improvements with character models, environments and overall fluidity, but also nothing jaw-dropping and even some FPS drops at times. Having said that, few of us play LiS for ground-breaking graphics; the slightly anime style works really well here. The town of Haven is characterised beautifully with its serenity alongside an atmosphere of "there's something bigger going on here".

The gameplay of TC adds a refreshing gimmick allowing you to basically read people's minds. It's portrayed as Alex being a bit of an empath who feels other people's emotions and this leads to basically telepathy. This created interesting scenarios in whether to respond to someone's emotions and help them or not.

There is one specific chapter where you are sent on a LARP quest that was rather tedious to find some items, but this was livened up by adding fun RPG-like turn-based combat, and I appreciated them attempting something different without dragging it out.

The game boils down to conversations and the choices you make. I'm not so sure of whether my choices did actually make much of a difference, but then again my play-style is a mediator rather than rocking the boat. I can't say much more without spoiling the game.

Speaking of story, this is probably my favourite story so far. It doesn't drag on too long, it's not set in an adolescent coming-of-age high school context (looking at you, Max) or full of teenage angst (looking at you, Chloe). Alex can be a little bit bland but I think the idea is for us to mould her via the choices we make, and overall I found her possibly the most likeable protagonist so far in the series. Again it's hard to dig deep in this area of the review without spoiling so I fully encourage you to play for yourself and go in blind.

Overall, TC was a pleasant surprise. I was worried about the direction of the series and LiS2 didn't exactly enthral me. TC shows a zenith of the series to the extent I now wonder what can come next given how much material and contexts they have traversed so far. LiS seemed like it could have been forgotten after the original, but TC makes it all worthwhile. Also of note is that I achieved a Platinum trophy without too much monotony, so perhaps that biases me too. Like every LiS, TC is a story-oriented game so you should know what you're in for, but for me it is definitely recommended.
  29. Oct 2, 2021
    Great game, the facial expression animations was top level, well written story, doesn’t top the original life is strange but still very good, and the music soundtracks were really good choices also. Overall I’m pleased, and I can’t wait for the next installment.
  30. Sep 23, 2021
    Life Is Strange: True Colors will be my favorite game in the Life Is Strange series. The story is intense and emotional. I couldn’t stop playing. The characters are great and I really could relate to them. The graphics are beautiful and the game gave me a cozy feeling. I felt like my choices had more impact on the story then the previous Life Is Strange games, and there was more to exploreLife Is Strange: True Colors will be my favorite game in the Life Is Strange series. The story is intense and emotional. I couldn’t stop playing. The characters are great and I really could relate to them. The graphics are beautiful and the game gave me a cozy feeling. I felt like my choices had more impact on the story then the previous Life Is Strange games, and there was more to explore in the beautiful town Haven Springs. I think Life Is Strange: True Colors is my game of the year 2021. Expand
  31. Sep 23, 2021
    The games is pretty good. It has it flaws but I really enjoyed it.

Pros: The characters are really nice. Really sweet character like duckie, eleanor etc. Alex is the second best main character after Max. STEPH !!!! Just... STEPH XD Intimate story inside the feeling of other. The music always incredible in those game and this game doesn't change a thing. Neutral: The
    The games is pretty good. It has it flaws but I really enjoyed it.

Pros:

Alex is the second best main character after Max.

STEPH !!!! Just... STEPH XD

Intimate story inside the feeling of other.

The music always incredible in those game and this game doesn't change a thing.

Neutral:

The ending... I quite enjoyed it, but I can understand that some people didn't, so I put it in neutral because it's not an awesome ending, but not an awful ending.

Cons:

The choices have some impact, but doesn't really impact the ending you can have which is sad.

80$ CAD for the game is way too expensive for this game. Sure, the game was a full release this time, but honestly, it's too much.

11-12 hours to finish the game, which is not so bad, but not incredible too. The 11-12 hours was almost a 100% game because I searched everywhere and didn't speed the game.

Conclusion:

Like you can see, the game is far from perfect, I can't deny that, but the story is so heartbreaking and Alex is such a good character with such good side character that I didn't see the time fly while I was playing. If you love good character, with good story and you're not scared of crying during playing this game (yes, I cried and i'm not ashamed of it haha).
  32. Oct 8, 2021
    True Colors breathed brand new life into the Life is Strange series. After Life is Strange 2, my expectations for the series dramatically dropped, but Life is Strange: True Colors has brought them sky high once again. With heavily updated visuals, a plot that hooks you from the beginning and a loveable, diverse cast, it's hard not to love.

In many ways, it achieves what the very first

In many ways, it achieves what the very first game did. Creating a story that was a beautiful blend of something dark, in both cases, a mystery, and something light. In LiS 1, this was exploring nostalgia, in LiS 2, it's finding the meaning of home. It's hard not to compare any LiS game to the original as it was such a hit, which is why the second game felt like such a letdown with huge boots to fill. True Colors filled them, alright. Deck Nine has set out a promising path for the future of the series, I'm excited to see what's next.
  33. Oct 24, 2021
    Life is Strange: True Colors absolutely recaptures the winning formula from the original game, and in many ways surpasses it. I had timid expectations for Deck Nine's ability to follow in the footsteps of DONTNOD but they completely blew me away. They were able to hit on every note flawlessly, and Alex Chen and her story in Haven Springs are even more tight, profound, and striking thanLife is Strange: True Colors absolutely recaptures the winning formula from the original game, and in many ways surpasses it. I had timid expectations for Deck Nine's ability to follow in the footsteps of DONTNOD but they completely blew me away. They were able to hit on every note flawlessly, and Alex Chen and her story in Haven Springs are even more tight, profound, and striking than their predecessors, while also taking major steps forward in terms of polish of gameplay design, visuals, and coherent deployment of plot devices/character interactions.

It only left me wanting more, and I'm thrilled to see what other stories Deck Nine can bring to this universe.
  34. Oct 29, 2021
    The story is engaging, if a bit basic, but the characters and their interactions with the protagonist, Alex, keep True Colors interesting from start to finish.

The game always tackles its themes of emotional trauma and healing tastefully, without beating the player over the head with them. Deck Nine picked the best elements from the series's previous instalments and used them to

Deck Nine picked the best elements from the series's previous instalments and used them to create one of the most interesting and refined adventure games on the market.
  35. Dec 7, 2021
    My favorite one so far. The story was compelling and kept me entertained the while way through. You just fall in love with the characters and with the town of haven springs. Getting to peek into the characters lives and see what they're feeling is a really cool idea for a superpower and it's so creative. And the music is the best. Songs like Home by Gabrielle Aplin and Haven by Novo AmorMy favorite one so far. The story was compelling and kept me entertained the while way through. You just fall in love with the characters and with the town of haven springs. Getting to peek into the characters lives and see what they're feeling is a really cool idea for a superpower and it's so creative. And the music is the best. Songs like Home by Gabrielle Aplin and Haven by Novo Amor really set the mood and they calm of the game. It's a fantastic amazing phenomenal game and you should definitely check it out Expand
  36. Apr 6, 2022
    Love this game so much that first played it was my favorite game in series. I don't hate it now, but I still got love this game.
  37. May 5, 2022
    the game is very good because they take a lot of the sentimental and for me these are the best games, I'm a big fan of the franchise and of all the games in the universe this was the second best only losing for the first

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 7, 2021
    True Colors came with a great change, a one time release instead of an episodic one. The story, characters and other elements are at their root. True Life is Strange experience with a focus on trauma, life and what we make of it.
  2. Oct 1, 2021
    True Colors takes advantage of the new generation platforms to present the best looking Life is Strange game yet, and as a result the player feels more connected to the characters and the overall story telling quality also improves. But other than this, the latest Deck Nine's game doesn't have much more to offer.
  3. Oct 1, 2021
    A gripping story, beautiful landscapes and convincing characters. Life is Strange: True Colors looks very promising, but still this game could not fully convince us due to the slow pace and sluggish dialogues.