8.9

1. Sep 7, 2018
    Typical open world game, sure it looks great, and plays smooth, but there’s absolutely nothing new here. The same old tired formula, yet the gaming drones of this generation, lap this trash up like the programmed sheeple they are. Just look at true open world rpg like original sin 2 that gets hardly any credit, and shows just how much the industry is nothing more then “cash for comments”.Typical open world game, sure it looks great, and plays smooth, but there’s absolutely nothing new here. The same old tired formula, yet the gaming drones of this generation, lap this trash up like the programmed sheeple they are. Just look at true open world rpg like original sin 2 that gets hardly any credit, and shows just how much the industry is nothing more then “cash for comments”. Spider-Man is just another washed up old tired boring genre of gaming. Expand
  2. Sep 7, 2018
    Pros:
    - Looks great.
    - Controls are very good (not great - not Infamous great). - Lots to do. Cons: - Repetitious and banal, grinding side quests and puzzles - I was tired of this combat system at the end of Batman Arkham... I don't need to play it again. - Quick Time EVENTS!!! - Control is great when it's great, but when it's not, it's frustrating. - Was Spidey always this
    Pros:
    - Looks great.
    - Controls are very good (not great - not Infamous great).
    - Lots to do.

Cons:
    - Repetitious and banal, grinding side quests and puzzles
    - Quick Time EVENTS!!!
    - Control is great when it's great, but when it's not, it's frustrating.
    - Was Spidey always this annoying?
    - It's a game, not a comic. When you read a comic or watch Spidey and know in advance what's going to happen, it's bad enough. But being forced to help Doc Otto become Doc Octopus like you have no idea where this will go is surprisingly really frustrating.
    - Nothing done here hasn't been done better in another video game.
    - How did the developers not play God of War and just shelve this?
  3. Sep 7, 2018
    Have you played any other spider-man game? If yes then you have played this one already. The graphics are good to okay at most game is locked at 30 fps even for ps4 pro.

The missions feel lazy. Annoying and repetitive side quests. Combat is lacking just like ever other spider man game. I honestly don't really have anything go to say about it. I was looking forward to it but after a few hours of playing its just the same **** its nothing special and its just a developer trying to make money off the idiots that or obsessed with mediocre comics.
  4. Sep 7, 2018
    Absolutely awful game in every regard.

First up is graphics: The game looks ugly. Reflections are being done via cubemaps most of the time. Walk on a building and it's being done by cubemaps ALL of the time, meaning no cool reflection of Spiderman in the windows like in that famous movie poster from the first Spiderman movie. Second up is gameplay: Framerate is locked at 30fps,
    Absolutely awful game in every regard.

First up is graphics:

Second up is gameplay:
    Framerate is locked at 30fps, even on PS4 PRO. This makes the game feel slow and unresponsive. 60fps has been standard in gaming since the PS2 era. 30fps looks okay on film, where you don't have to control what people are doing, but 60fps is practically mandatory when you want a game to feel responsive.
    On top of that, gameplay is basically another Arkham-ripoff superhero game for combat but with more boring movement-less mid-air stuff.
    For Spiderman's web-swinging, the movement has a very dull feel to it. He shoots out of the web very quickly, but then his motion slows to a crawl about a quarter of a second after he lets go, meaning none of that fast-paced momentum based swinging like in Spiderman 2's movie tie in game. If air has the drag on a body required to slow it down that much horizontally, it'll have the drag on a body required to slow it down that much vertically, which basically would end up with Spiderman slowly drifting down like a feather or leaf. Clearly very stupid. Your physics don't need to be realistic, but if they aren't at least consistent, suspension of disbelief is impossible.
  5. Sep 15, 2018
    I HATE this game. HATE, HATE, HATE it. Nothing but unrelenting twitch combo moves. No time to breath or recover during action sequences, even at the easiest level. Complete frustration.

For calibration purposes: * I'm in my 50's, but play a lot of PS4 games * Loved Witcher 3, Assassins Creed Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, God of War, etc. * Love open world games in general.

For calibration purposes:
    * I'm in my 50's, but play a lot of PS4 games
    * Love open world games in general. Fighting is fine.
    * HATE twitch games that require teen-level reflexes and muscle memory of large numbers of combo moves.

No sneaking or different strategies here, just full-on speed and combo moves. That's this game.

HATE this game. I wish I'd bought it on DVD so I could have some resale value. I wish there was a way to gift it to someone. Couldn't even make it through the first boss level without yelling curses at the damn TV. HATE this game.

More power to ya if you're half my age and like this sort of thing. I can understand that. Reflexes get slower as you age, which is why I don't play PVP anymore. But I sure as hell wish I'd seen warnings about the gameplay when reading all of the glowing reviews, before I paid full price for this.
  6. Sep 8, 2018
    the game was cool at first but got boring and repetitive after the first 30min so i played the witcher 3 instead total waste of money and the side missions are total trash
  7. Sep 8, 2018
    Atrocious. Despite the amazing graphics, there is a lot of bugs and you can't release a game like that. And future updates shouldn't be an excuse. The game looks huge, but there isn't too much to interact with, like the way you do in games like GTA. The game is too simple and will age badly, very soon.
  8. Sep 8, 2018
    SHOCKINGLY bad. The pacing makes no sense, with text flying off the screen before you can read it (and I read really fast) and "tutorial" fights that kill you before you have a chance to try what you're supposed to be learning. THEN, once you learn a move, you inexplicably can't use it in the very next battle.

Traveling via web through the city was also ridiculous. Things just

Traveling via web through the city was also ridiculous. Things just happen, erratically, no matter which button you press. A part of your brain tells you, you just need to get the hang of it, but after 10 minutes you realize -- there's nothing to learn. Just mash buttons and pretend you're controlling what's going on.

2 hours into it, I'm not ready to throw the game across the room -- but close.
  9. Sep 8, 2018
    Spider-Man combat in this game is always the same, it is to repetitive, even in the boss fights, the only thing i like in this game is the history, because i didnt enjoy the gameplay that much
  10. Sep 9, 2018
    If you want to play a proper Super Hero game then play Rockstar's Arkham Games. This poor attempt has such a bad combat system where Batman can counter Spiderman can only dodge, whereas you can free flow with Batman you have to press Triangle to get close to enemies. We were told that this is Spiderman in his prime but it doens't feel like it as no matter how much I upgraded I still feltIf you want to play a proper Super Hero game then play Rockstar's Arkham Games. This poor attempt has such a bad combat system where Batman can counter Spiderman can only dodge, whereas you can free flow with Batman you have to press Triangle to get close to enemies. We were told that this is Spiderman in his prime but it doens't feel like it as no matter how much I upgraded I still felt like a weakling with a couple of hits and your near death. At no point in the game did I feel like I was a badass Super Hero. The amount of Rocket Launcher guys is a serious joke and then trying to clear bases with wave after wave of enemies felt tedious and boring. Expand
  11. Sep 17, 2018
    if you've played games like infamous second son, then you've already played spider man. it's the same old game play with spider man painted over the top. Fetch quests, timed quests, chase things, disable things. fight waves of enemies and generic boring boss fights. it's all been done a million times before. the game play is so repetitive i was bored before i got half way through theif you've played games like infamous second son, then you've already played spider man. it's the same old game play with spider man painted over the top. Fetch quests, timed quests, chase things, disable things. fight waves of enemies and generic boring boss fights. it's all been done a million times before. the game play is so repetitive i was bored before i got half way through the game. it's just amazing what games developers can get away with because people are so blinded by the shiny new thing with a character they like. they don't realise they're being sold a carbon copy of a load of equally uninspired games with identical game play. Save your money and wait for something original. Expand
  12. Sep 17, 2018
    This is a very bugged games. There are some many bugs that appears that really takes off the fun of it. This has more bugs than Mass Effect Andromeda at launch. It is a fast game two, less than 10 hours. The Downgrade was terrible, It showed on thing at trailer but it completely different in the ended.
  13. Sep 11, 2018
    -30 fps
    -Discount Batman gameplay
    -Buggy
    -Janky combat and movement on ground
  14. Sep 7, 2018
    Frustrating gameplay. Web slinging is very slow it will force some unnecessary deaths because he jumps so very little and so slowly that you will die and often. Side quests have no hook they’re just there. Game seems made for the casual gamers who will expect to die because of unprecise actions and slow response time from the game. Looks pretty but the lack of polish in movement just ledFrustrating gameplay. Web slinging is very slow it will force some unnecessary deaths because he jumps so very little and so slowly that you will die and often. Side quests have no hook they’re just there. Game seems made for the casual gamers who will expect to die because of unprecise actions and slow response time from the game. Looks pretty but the lack of polish in movement just led me to delete the game out of frustration. Expand
  15. Sep 11, 2018
    Way too short, combat was very repetitive, wall crawling controls were worse than Web of Shadows. That being said there were some nice cameos and other than the combat the gameplay was fun. While the story was short it was very well written.
  16. Sep 10, 2018
    Not as good as the last few games. Here is why:

The combat is pretty bad when looking at the past entries, even AS1 + 2. Hit ratio is very off. Spiderman singles out enemies mid air but it gets boring and he doesn't lock in as well towards other enemies in previous experiences. Spiderman feels like your playing as Eddie Gordo from Tekken only with less actual hits and more dodge
    Not as good as the last few games. Here is why:

Spiderman feels like your playing as Eddie Gordo from Tekken only with less actual hits and more dodge dancing.
    They could have spent more time getting the combat to connect better instead of making things look good.

Textures look funky and not as smooth. It also makes the combat look dull.

It still overall looks cleaner then the past games but plays objectively worse and most of the bad stuff from past games returns.

Web swinging and momentum feels the worst it has been.
    Can and object swinging was a terrible idea and adds little to the game.
    Cobbling poor ideas from Arkhams like hacking and Ubisoft landscape unlocks was poor also choice.

This developer could have done a bit more with this game. I suspect this was just bought and slightly reworked from the previous game.

That is an honest review, take it or leave it. The other professional reviews are most likely fake commercials and possible astroturfing.
  17. Sep 12, 2018
    They showed off much better looking version running on workstations when reveling the game. The game the public gets is highly downgraded version. This type of blatant false advertising to mislead consumers is unacceptable.

The game, simple repetitive combat, simple boring repetitive missions. Same old boring game you have played a million times with super hero franchise skin.
  18. Sep 7, 2018
    This game has a boring and repetitive combat system. The physics are a joke. This game has awful lightning effects compared to E3, it looks like a Ubisoft game. The road textures are awful and it looks like it's covered with cake frosting. The developers promised physics-based web-swinging. Instead, there is a horrendous animation-based web-swinging system. The reflections look bad, andThis game has a boring and repetitive combat system. The physics are a joke. This game has awful lightning effects compared to E3, it looks like a Ubisoft game. The road textures are awful and it looks like it's covered with cake frosting. The developers promised physics-based web-swinging. Instead, there is a horrendous animation-based web-swinging system. The reflections look bad, and that's because there isn't any real-time reflections. The missions lack variety, especially the side missions. Too many QTEs.

The story is horrible in this game. If I'm not mistaken, the game is called "Marvel's Spider-Man". So why am I forced to play as Mary Jane and that other guy in some sections of the game? Those parts take away from the Spider-Man experience I wanted in this game. Peter Parker is extremely annoying in this game with his corny sense of humor. The tone of his voice makes the dialogue more cringeworthy. None of that was funny to me. The only thing I found funny in this game is Insomniac's attempt at making a AAA Game.

There is no multiplayer. So once you beat the game, this game will go back to the shelf collecting dust. I would have been fine with no multiplayer if this game had so much depth and content, like GTA V. Unfortunately there is not much to do, besides high fiving people. Charging $60 for a game with no replay value is a cashgrab. I recommend you wait for the price to drop to $10 or wait for it to be free on PS Plus.
  19. Sep 18, 2018
    Marvel's Spider-Man es un juego que NO INNOVA nada respecto a las anteriores entregas del superheroe. Si has jugado por ejemplo a los ultimos Batman ya sabes lo que te espera en este juego. El juego es super facil inluso en dificultades altas, una verguenza. El juego esta lleno de bugs, las personas no reaccionan bien por ejemplo cuando les lanzas un objeto y pueden acabar en lo alto de unMarvel's Spider-Man es un juego que NO INNOVA nada respecto a las anteriores entregas del superheroe. Si has jugado por ejemplo a los ultimos Batman ya sabes lo que te espera en este juego. El juego es super facil inluso en dificultades altas, una verguenza. El juego esta lleno de bugs, las personas no reaccionan bien por ejemplo cuando les lanzas un objeto y pueden acabar en lo alto de un edificio. Los cristales de los edificios no reflejan lo que deberian, en ellos veras lugares que nada tienen que ver con lo que se deberia ver por la reflexion de la luz. Los tiempos de carga son extremadamente largos. En fin no lo recomiendo para nada. Expand
  20. Sep 21, 2018
    Repetitive, boring and 30 fps only. It's like every other Spiderman game out there. Nothing new.

1. Sep 18, 2018
    It’s not perfect, but Marvel’s Spider-Man is the best that a Spider-Man game has ever been, knocking even the long-lauded Spider-Man 2 off its perch. Fast, fluid and webtastically fun, Spider-Man will appeal to Spider-fans and newcomers alike.
  2. Sep 15, 2018
    Marvel's Spider-Man is not only the best Spider-Man ever made, but it's also one of the best superhero titles of all time, as well as being one of the best games of 2018. Surfing New York in the shoes of Peter Parker has never been this good, and may never be this good again. An engaging and fresh story, wonderful environments, solid gameplay, top-notch visuals, what else would one need to enjoy a game?
  3. Sep 13, 2018
    There’s a lot of heart, a lot of innovation, and a clear feeling that this game wasn’t just developed by a talented group of developers, but by people who are truly passionate about Spider-Man.