8.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Sep 7, 2018
    Typical open world game, sure it looks great, and plays smooth, but there’s absolutely nothing new here. The same old tired formula, yet the gaming drones of this generation, lap this trash up like the programmed sheeple they are. Just look at true open world rpg like original sin 2 that gets hardly any credit, and shows just how much the industry is nothing more then “cash for comments”.Typical open world game, sure it looks great, and plays smooth, but there’s absolutely nothing new here. The same old tired formula, yet the gaming drones of this generation, lap this trash up like the programmed sheeple they are. Just look at true open world rpg like original sin 2 that gets hardly any credit, and shows just how much the industry is nothing more then “cash for comments”. Spider-Man is just another washed up old tired boring genre of gaming. Expand
  2. Sep 8, 2018
    the game was cool at first but got boring and repetitive after the first 30min so i played the witcher 3 instead total waste of money and the side missions are total trash
  3. Sep 7, 2018
    Pros:
    - Looks great.
    - Controls are very good (not great - not Infamous great). - Lots to do. Cons: - Repetitious and banal, grinding side quests and puzzles - I was tired of this combat system at the end of Batman Arkham... I don't need to play it again. - Quick Time EVENTS!!! - Control is great when it's great, but when it's not, it's frustrating. - Was Spidey always this
    Pros:
    - Looks great.
    - Controls are very good (not great - not Infamous great).
    - Lots to do.

Cons:
    - Repetitious and banal, grinding side quests and puzzles
    - Quick Time EVENTS!!!
    - Control is great when it's great, but when it's not, it's frustrating.
    - Was Spidey always this annoying?
    - It's a game, not a comic. When you read a comic or watch Spidey and know in advance what's going to happen, it's bad enough. But being forced to help Doc Otto become Doc Octopus like you have no idea where this will go is surprisingly really frustrating.
    - Nothing done here hasn't been done better in another video game.
    - How did the developers not play God of War and just shelve this?
  4. Sep 7, 2018
    Absolutely awful game in every regard.

First up is graphics: The game looks ugly. Reflections are being done via cubemaps most of the time. Walk on a building and it's being done by cubemaps ALL of the time, meaning no cool reflection of Spiderman in the windows like in that famous movie poster from the first Spiderman movie. Second up is gameplay: Framerate is locked at 30fps,
    Absolutely awful game in every regard.

First up is graphics:

Second up is gameplay:
    Framerate is locked at 30fps, even on PS4 PRO. This makes the game feel slow and unresponsive. 60fps has been standard in gaming since the PS2 era. 30fps looks okay on film, where you don't have to control what people are doing, but 60fps is practically mandatory when you want a game to feel responsive.
    On top of that, gameplay is basically another Arkham-ripoff superhero game for combat but with more boring movement-less mid-air stuff.
    For Spiderman's web-swinging, the movement has a very dull feel to it. He shoots out of the web very quickly, but then his motion slows to a crawl about a quarter of a second after he lets go, meaning none of that fast-paced momentum based swinging like in Spiderman 2's movie tie in game. If air has the drag on a body required to slow it down that much horizontally, it'll have the drag on a body required to slow it down that much vertically, which basically would end up with Spiderman slowly drifting down like a feather or leaf. Clearly very stupid. Your physics don't need to be realistic, but if they aren't at least consistent, suspension of disbelief is impossible.
  5. Sep 7, 2018
    Have you played any other spider-man game? If yes then you have played this one already. The graphics are good to okay at most game is locked at 30 fps even for ps4 pro.

The missions feel lazy. Annoying and repetitive side quests. Combat is lacking just like ever other spider man game. I honestly don't really have anything go to say about it. I was looking forward to it but after a few hours of playing its just the same **** its nothing special and its just a developer trying to make money off the idiots that or obsessed with mediocre comics.
  6. Sep 8, 2018
    SHOCKINGLY bad. The pacing makes no sense, with text flying off the screen before you can read it (and I read really fast) and "tutorial" fights that kill you before you have a chance to try what you're supposed to be learning. THEN, once you learn a move, you inexplicably can't use it in the very next battle.

Traveling via web through the city was also ridiculous. Things just

Traveling via web through the city was also ridiculous. Things just happen, erratically, no matter which button you press. A part of your brain tells you, you just need to get the hang of it, but after 10 minutes you realize -- there's nothing to learn. Just mash buttons and pretend you're controlling what's going on.

2 hours into it, I'm not ready to throw the game across the room -- but close.
  7. Sep 7, 2018
    This game has a boring and repetitive combat system. The physics are a joke. This game has awful lightning effects compared to E3, it looks like a Ubisoft game. The road textures are awful and it looks like it's covered with cake frosting. The developers promised physics-based web-swinging. Instead, there is a horrendous animation-based web-swinging system. The reflections look bad, andThis game has a boring and repetitive combat system. The physics are a joke. This game has awful lightning effects compared to E3, it looks like a Ubisoft game. The road textures are awful and it looks like it's covered with cake frosting. The developers promised physics-based web-swinging. Instead, there is a horrendous animation-based web-swinging system. The reflections look bad, and that's because there isn't any real-time reflections. The missions lack variety, especially the side missions. Too many QTEs.

The story is horrible in this game. If I'm not mistaken, the game is called "Marvel's Spider-Man". So why am I forced to play as Mary Jane and that other guy in some sections of the game? Those parts take away from the Spider-Man experience I wanted in this game. Peter Parker is extremely annoying in this game with his corny sense of humor. The tone of his voice makes the dialogue more cringeworthy. None of that was funny to me. The only thing I found funny in this game is Insomniac's attempt at making a AAA Game.

There is no multiplayer. So once you beat the game, this game will go back to the shelf collecting dust. I would have been fine with no multiplayer if this game had so much depth and content, like GTA V. Unfortunately there is not much to do, besides high fiving people. Charging $60 for a game with no replay value is a cashgrab. I recommend you wait for the price to drop to $10 or wait for it to be free on PS Plus.
  8. Jul 7, 2020
    I will support anything this studio does. There are no micro transactions for cosmetics. It really felt like I was living the life of Spiderman. I think that is a big part of the immersion. Yes there are some down times with the stealth sections but they are so small. The graphics are insane. I loved the puzzles and swinging around the city helps me relax after a long day at work. ProbablyI will support anything this studio does. There are no micro transactions for cosmetics. It really felt like I was living the life of Spiderman. I think that is a big part of the immersion. Yes there are some down times with the stealth sections but they are so small. The graphics are insane. I loved the puzzles and swinging around the city helps me relax after a long day at work. Probably the most accesable game ever made. Great job Insomniac as always! Expand
  9. Nov 17, 2020
    I just love games, and Spidey is my favourite character EVER, so, when you put them together, it be perfect! My note: 10 of 10
  10. Mar 7, 2021
    extremely fun and a good story and I almost think it is too short but for what it is worth i would definetly recomend it
  11. Feb 15, 2019
    Incredibly overrated and over hyped movie licence crap. Gameplay become boring after 10h...
  12. Dec 11, 2018
    Incredibly beautiful Assassin's Creed clone. Don't expect to find many possibilities in the game, except the main plot it is only "go kill those bad guys, because they are bad". The map is filled with activities but do you really want to catch all those pigeons?
    A rock in a bright wrap / 10.
  13. Feb 26, 2019
    по началу я думал это игра 10/10, но поиграв в неё на протяжении 2 дней был разочарован игра не особа блещет разнообразием игрового процесса, сюжет скучный не получается удержать меня у экрана правда где-то с середины игры где происходит формирование зловещей шестёрки чуть чуть появляется интерес. также просто убивают всякий интерес к игре стелс миссии(ух как я их не навижу) прикрученыпо началу я думал это игра 10/10, но поиграв в неё на протяжении 2 дней был разочарован игра не особа блещет разнообразием игрового процесса, сюжет скучный не получается удержать меня у экрана правда где-то с середины игры где происходит формирование зловещей шестёрки чуть чуть появляется интерес. также просто убивают всякий интерес к игре стелс миссии(ух как я их не навижу) прикручены чисто для галочки. мир пустой и удручает что "слишком много активностей" как в assassins creed brotherhood где было столько вышек, что аж обосрись но их надо открыть. игру так и не допрошел до конца даже ютуб не помог в этом нелегком деле Expand
  14. Aug 25, 2020
    Incredibly overrated and over hyped... Realistically it's a 7/10
    Gameplay become boring
  15. Jul 4, 2020
    I absolutely love this game, This is my favourite game on ps4
    Great Open World and perfect fighting system. I love it!
  16. Feb 6, 2019
    Worst gameplay and combat system in a AAA in this generation, I just wasted 60$, the graphics are ok but gameplay is utter garbage.
  17. Oct 18, 2018
    Busy work fetch quests - go find 53 backpacks, take pictures of landmarks, take pictures of cats... so freaking boring.
    this is EVERY boss fight - dodge, L1 + R1 to throw item at boss, triangle to swoop in, square 3-4 times, dodge, R2 to web away, dodge, L1 + R1 to throw item at boss, triangle, Square (4x)… repeat
    There is zero effort or skill to beat any boss. This was such a let down.
    There is zero effort or skill to beat any boss. This was such a let down. What people have hated in the Assassin's Creed series (pre-Origins) they are praising in this game.
    There is absolutely nothing innovative or exciting about this game. If this wasn't a Spiderman game, people would hate it. Plus the stealth sections...ZzZzZzZz
    It took less than 1-week to beat complete story w/ 80% overall completion. Kept playing hoping later bosses would get better... it got good when the end credits rolled
  18. Oct 22, 2018
    Realistically it's a 7/10 but the high rating and hype makes it sound like it's one of the best games of this gen so if you go in expecting that, be prepared to enjoy it but not to be super wowed.
    The campaign is also way too short. Even though the story was good, you expect a game that's rated 8+ to be memorable. Very fast and easy platinum but now that it's over it's forgettable.
    It
    It didn't do anything new or game changing (no pun intended) to warrant all the hype.

EDIT: Now replaying NG+ only because because of a couple of new trophies. It isn't as fun to replay, I also enjoy the combat less. I also forget to mention the pointless stealth missions (played as other characters) and catching a pigeon once is ok, but about a dozen times, really?
  19. Mar 2, 2019
    This year one Oscar because he's became black next year when he become gay will take three :D
  20. Aug 2, 2019
    Na na na na no aporta nada de nada lo de siempre saltos telarañazos y poco más pero algo más bonito....... Por lo demás in game standar
  21. Apr 8, 2020
    The story is boring and the bosses looks like something from the cartoons, not the real movie and it makes you feel like You are playing a game from 12+, not 16+. If you are not a teenager but a kid,You are gonna love this game.
  22. Oct 5, 2018
    Pros:
    Good visuals.
    Great animations. Med-to-good controls. Great voice acting. Roaming around the city is fun for the first hour or so. Fan service here and there. Cons: Skippable story at best. Generic epic music. Only a single track is easy to remember. And only because it is on a constant loop while roaming the city and because it just sucks ar*e. Horrible.. horrible
    Pros:
    Good visuals.
    Great animations.
    Med-to-good controls.
    Great voice acting.
    Roaming around the city is fun for the first hour or so.
    Fan service here and there.

Cons:
    Skippable story at best.
    Horrible.. horrible grindfest of a game. Catch all the pigeons to.. get nothing in return. Take a picture of 30 buildings! Activate 20 communication towers! Clear out 20 bases that have around 5 waves x 15 of stupid "bad guys" each! Beat 20 almost identical challenges! Complete 2.000.000 of "puzzles" for the mentally challenged 3-year olds! Exciting!
    Not. F*cking hell.. At first I gave this game a 5, but have lowered the score while I was writing this "200 word essay". I wonder if the score is low enough..
    I have made a mistake by buying this pile of sh*t. If You are a S-M fan - it will be a 6-7 game, otherwise - skip this cheap cashgrab.
  23. Sep 27, 2018
    completely broken game, too much publicity for a repetitive game.
    sony has screwed up, he should not have taken a product this incomplete.
  24. Sep 15, 2018
    I HATE this game. HATE, HATE, HATE it. Nothing but unrelenting twitch combo moves. No time to breath or recover during action sequences, even at the easiest level. Complete frustration.

For calibration purposes: * I'm in my 50's, but play a lot of PS4 games * Loved Witcher 3, Assassins Creed Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, God of War, etc. * Love open world games in general.

For calibration purposes:
    * I'm in my 50's, but play a lot of PS4 games
    * Love open world games in general. Fighting is fine.
    * HATE twitch games that require teen-level reflexes and muscle memory of large numbers of combo moves.

No sneaking or different strategies here, just full-on speed and combo moves. That's this game.

HATE this game. I wish I'd bought it on DVD so I could have some resale value. I wish there was a way to gift it to someone. Couldn't even make it through the first boss level without yelling curses at the damn TV. HATE this game.

More power to ya if you're half my age and like this sort of thing. I can understand that. Reflexes get slower as you age, which is why I don't play PVP anymore. But I sure as hell wish I'd seen warnings about the gameplay when reading all of the glowing reviews, before I paid full price for this.
  25. Jan 20, 2019
    Ужасная игра. Она с самого начала скучная, неинтересная, диалоги и тексты заставляют засыпать. Главный герой постоянно умирает даже на лёгком уровне. Всё это превращается в дрочильню по кнопкам и бесконечные бои с врагами, которые все на одно лицо и в одной одежде. Какая то дешёвая поделка, халтура.Ужасная игра. Она с самого начала скучная, неинтересная, диалоги и тексты заставляют засыпать. Главный герой постоянно умирает даже на лёгком уровне. Всё это превращается в дрочильню по кнопкам и бесконечные бои с врагами, которые все на одно лицо и в одной одежде. Какая то дешёвая поделка, халтура.
  26. Oct 17, 2018
    Seriously? I seldom played such filth.
    The opponents are too heavy, the control is too slow and it's just pointless beating. They looked at Batman a lot, but it was much better with Batman. It was really fun.
  27. Nov 1, 2018
    Boring and repetitive. Downgraded graphics from what was shown throughout E3. Bad quest timings, fetch quests and pic quests in areas far away when you were there for a main mission earlier. Pass on this
  28. Nov 3, 2018
    Complete waste of money and I HATED IT! I honestly don’t understand how or why so many people love this game. Admittedly, I am not a Spiderman fan but wanted to try something different than what I normally play (e.g. Uncharted series, Tomb Raider, God of War, etc). I was completely bored with this game in less than 2 hours. I felt like it was essentially just run around and do the sameComplete waste of money and I HATED IT! I honestly don’t understand how or why so many people love this game. Admittedly, I am not a Spiderman fan but wanted to try something different than what I normally play (e.g. Uncharted series, Tomb Raider, God of War, etc). I was completely bored with this game in less than 2 hours. I felt like it was essentially just run around and do the same basic fight scene over and over again. And there were so many different but similar attack moves that I had no idea what I was even doing to fight other than just randomly pressing a lot of buttons as fast as possible. The only reason it got a 3 was because it is very pretty. Expand
  29. Sep 8, 2018
    Atrocious. Despite the amazing graphics, there is a lot of bugs and you can't release a game like that. And future updates shouldn't be an excuse. The game looks huge, but there isn't too much to interact with, like the way you do in games like GTA. The game is too simple and will age badly, very soon.
  30. Sep 8, 2018
    Spider-Man combat in this game is always the same, it is to repetitive, even in the boss fights, the only thing i like in this game is the history, because i didnt enjoy the gameplay that much
  31. Sep 17, 2018
    if you've played games like infamous second son, then you've already played spider man. it's the same old game play with spider man painted over the top. Fetch quests, timed quests, chase things, disable things. fight waves of enemies and generic boring boss fights. it's all been done a million times before. the game play is so repetitive i was bored before i got half way through theif you've played games like infamous second son, then you've already played spider man. it's the same old game play with spider man painted over the top. Fetch quests, timed quests, chase things, disable things. fight waves of enemies and generic boring boss fights. it's all been done a million times before. the game play is so repetitive i was bored before i got half way through the game. it's just amazing what games developers can get away with because people are so blinded by the shiny new thing with a character they like. they don't realise they're being sold a carbon copy of a load of equally uninspired games with identical game play. Save your money and wait for something original. Expand
  32. Dec 8, 2019
    I love swinging. Not that way. This way. But this game was pretty yet other than following the main story was the usual boring stuff.
  33. Sep 30, 2018
    Another mediocre superhero game. I'd say it was too short but i actually got bored before I even finished the very short campaign. These superhero games are so copy/paste these days. More of the same. Batman's traversal was almost identical lol.
  34. Sep 22, 2018
    Another Playstation exclusive that relies on heavy marketing and blind hype.. It's unbelievable how a game with so many flaws gets a pass and even scores a 9 on this page, but this is the world we live in right? A world full of casual sheep consuming every garbage the media throws at their face. Anyways, I will make this quick..

Now yes the game is beautiful and yes the web slinging is

Now yes the game is beautiful and yes the web slinging is good (when it wants to). But what is there beyond that? A game that shamelessly rips off an already old and boring formula, with scripted boss battles and a ton of QTEs. What's worse is how it repeatedly ruins it's flow by forcing you to play as MJ and Miles in some of the worst stealth sequences I've seen in gaming. Literally nobody cares about those characters, they're trash...Period. Lastly, outside of the Taskmaster challenges, every other side activity is boring AF. Chasing pigeons, taking photos and running through clouds LOL.. You can argue about the base capturing horde mode, but to me all it does is make the already repeptitive combat, more repetitive.

It really pains me to see how gaming has turned out to be today.. But what hurts me the most is seeing other games like Dragon Quest XI get overshadowed by casual trash such as this. Well it is what it is I guess. High five to all the real gamers out there though, the ones that don't bite on the overmarketed casual garbage and know what the **** gaming is about.
  35. Sep 9, 2018
    If you want to play a proper Super Hero game then play Rockstar's Arkham Games. This poor attempt has such a bad combat system where Batman can counter Spiderman can only dodge, whereas you can free flow with Batman you have to press Triangle to get close to enemies. We were told that this is Spiderman in his prime but it doens't feel like it as no matter how much I upgraded I still feltIf you want to play a proper Super Hero game then play Rockstar's Arkham Games. This poor attempt has such a bad combat system where Batman can counter Spiderman can only dodge, whereas you can free flow with Batman you have to press Triangle to get close to enemies. We were told that this is Spiderman in his prime but it doens't feel like it as no matter how much I upgraded I still felt like a weakling with a couple of hits and your near death. At no point in the game did I feel like I was a badass Super Hero. The amount of Rocket Launcher guys is a serious joke and then trying to clear bases with wave after wave of enemies felt tedious and boring. Expand
  36. Sep 21, 2018
    Repetitive, boring and 30 fps only. It's like every other Spiderman game out there. Nothing new.
  37. Sep 30, 2018
    Could be the best ever but it's so fast you miss the action and fun of the fight . You have to keep looking for the next button press you have no time to see whats going on , then the fight is over and your like what just happened whom did I fight ? 90% of the game is NOTHING you have not already done in a spider-man game it's just a lot more of it . Over and over and over looking forCould be the best ever but it's so fast you miss the action and fun of the fight . You have to keep looking for the next button press you have no time to see whats going on , then the fight is over and your like what just happened whom did I fight ? 90% of the game is NOTHING you have not already done in a spider-man game it's just a lot more of it . Over and over and over looking for hidden stuff witch I like but not this much then you find out most of the game is DLC ! No not Down Loadable Content . No now it's - Developer Locked Content ! You have to pay more to get more of the story that was just locked away on the disk , then they have 3 more DLC's that they will sit on for the next few months ... Pass ! ! ! Expand
  38. Aug 29, 2019
    Imnsomiac Games se ha currado un buen skin de Batman Arkham con este Marvel Spider-Man
  39. Sep 27, 2018
    This game is AWFUL. Worst game I've played ever. The graphics suck and the story is so generic. I got bored after playing five minutes of this game, because it's same repetitive reused garbage. If you like wasting your money, buy this game.
  40. Sep 17, 2018
    This is a very bugged games. There are some many bugs that appears that really takes off the fun of it. This has more bugs than Mass Effect Andromeda at launch. It is a fast game two, less than 10 hours. The Downgrade was terrible, It showed on thing at trailer but it completely different in the ended.
  41. Sep 11, 2018
    Way too short, combat was very repetitive, wall crawling controls were worse than Web of Shadows. That being said there were some nice cameos and other than the combat the gameplay was fun. While the story was short it was very well written.
  42. Oct 18, 2018
    Spider-Man PS4 is fantastic game with an interesting story and spectacular characters only problems are no interesting end game content cool side quests be better if there were more criminal activities or you could stumble across b grade villains or more bosses in story then it would be perfect but while I wait for the first dlc ill be a bit bored overall did not disappoint actuallySpider-Man PS4 is fantastic game with an interesting story and spectacular characters only problems are no interesting end game content cool side quests be better if there were more criminal activities or you could stumble across b grade villains or more bosses in story then it would be perfect but while I wait for the first dlc ill be a bit bored overall did not disappoint actually exceeded my expectations fantastic game 10/10. Expand
  43. Sep 6, 2019
    Mejor hubiese sido un Suset Overdrive
    Deberían dejar a Spiderman con Marvel y Juegos multiplataforma
  44. Dec 25, 2018
    The name of the game if Spider-Man but somehow the creators of the game decided that every other story mission was going to be Spider-Man's girlfriend, intrepid reporter Mary Jane, ducking behind shelves and desks, or Peter Parker going to work and solving a Pipe-Dream style puzzle. One mission is literally Peter going to his aunt's work, finding her office, and sleeping on her couch.The name of the game if Spider-Man but somehow the creators of the game decided that every other story mission was going to be Spider-Man's girlfriend, intrepid reporter Mary Jane, ducking behind shelves and desks, or Peter Parker going to work and solving a Pipe-Dream style puzzle. One mission is literally Peter going to his aunt's work, finding her office, and sleeping on her couch.

If you played Arkham Asylum and thought, "Why aren't Bruce Wayne and Alfred in this more? I want to go to some board meetings at Wayne Enterprises!" or "Not enough unskippable dialogue!" and "I wish all the cool Batman villains were NOT in this," buy Spider-Man for PS4.

There are fun parts! The facsimile of Manhattan is great! Sure, they give up around 34th Street, you can't go to Brooklyn or Queens, but it's very cool. Taking pictures of the monuments and landmarks is great, but what's that, a couple hours? Climbing up buildings is great. Web swinging is great - certainly better than sitting in traffic in awful games like Grand Theft Auto. But it wears out its welcome soon. And travel is awkward. There's no Stop button. Every button does something, and that gets old _fast_. The combat is the same. There's about 20 different commands to memorize (until you upgrade your skills and there are 30) which, again, if you think sounds fun, go for it. The actual action of the game is Spider-Man jumping and dodging away from stock, faceless villains with bats and guns. About a quarter of the way through, they get nicer masks, electric bats and bazookas. You can't make this up. There's literally more variety of enemies in Mega Man 1 stages.

Spider-Man's famous villains are all constantly mentioned, but you're... not allowed to fight them. You just hear about their alter egos in the story.

Spider-Man feels half-done. New York is not fleshed out. You hear the same banter on the streets over and over. The crowds in Assassins' Creed are more realistic, and that was ten years ago. The game even tells you you're not supposed to be on the streets. Also who knew so many people were getting robbed on rooftops? And never the ones where there's a pool or a restaurant -- just the ordinary, boring rooftops. The story feels like a prelude to one where Osborn becomes the Green Goblin. The main villain here, Mister Negative, is just lame.

I'm sure after all these "TEN OUTTA TEN"s there will be a sequel which somehow the critics feel has done the impossible and gone to eleven, or they will admit the faults then.
  45. Sep 11, 2018
    -30 fps
    -Discount Batman gameplay
    -Buggy
    -Janky combat and movement on ground
  46. Jun 19, 2020
    Story, characters and graphics are great but it gets ruined by the worst gameplay I've played in my life.
  47. Sep 10, 2018
    Not as good as the last few games. Here is why:

The combat is pretty bad when looking at the past entries, even AS1 + 2. Hit ratio is very off. Spiderman singles out enemies mid air but it gets boring and he doesn't lock in as well towards other enemies in previous experiences. Spiderman feels like your playing as Eddie Gordo from Tekken only with less actual hits and more dodge
    Not as good as the last few games. Here is why:

Spiderman feels like your playing as Eddie Gordo from Tekken only with less actual hits and more dodge dancing.
    They could have spent more time getting the combat to connect better instead of making things look good.

Textures look funky and not as smooth. It also makes the combat look dull.

It still overall looks cleaner then the past games but plays objectively worse and most of the bad stuff from past games returns.

Web swinging and momentum feels the worst it has been.
    Can and object swinging was a terrible idea and adds little to the game.
    Cobbling poor ideas from Arkhams like hacking and Ubisoft landscape unlocks was poor also choice.

This developer could have done a bit more with this game. I suspect this was just bought and slightly reworked from the previous game.

That is an honest review, take it or leave it. The other professional reviews are most likely fake commercials and possible astroturfing.
  48. Jan 7, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvels fans go their way by putting in a top of the year a dul clone of a truly great game of DC comics. Seriously, Spider-man is worse than the Arkham trilogy in almost everything. Dead city, repeated side missions, and disgusting boss battles. Expand
  49. Jan 29, 2020
    Сало бомжа для безумных фанатов сони и марвел. Супер унылая игра про супер героев. Не интересный геймплей, плохая боёвка и графика на месте.
  50. Dec 9, 2018
    A este juego deberian llamarlo spider bug, esta repreto de bugs, efectos de ventanas cutres, y el juego se nota muy mediocre en cuanto su gameplay
  51. Jun 22, 2020
    for superhero game, just play batman instead. lots more fun and faithful to the comic unlike this disappointing game
  52. Sep 12, 2018
    They showed off much better looking version running on workstations when reveling the game. The game the public gets is highly downgraded version. This type of blatant false advertising to mislead consumers is unacceptable.

The game, simple repetitive combat, simple boring repetitive missions. Same old boring game you have played a million times with super hero franchise skin.
  53. Jul 2, 2019
    Boring,slow,and one of the worst spiderman games I've played. I'm a spiderman game hater now. It's better than the last one but not what people told me it was.
  54. Apr 3, 2020
    Эксклюзивность не может быть плюсом игры, это минус. Почемуто некоторым людям это сложно понять.
  55. Sep 18, 2018
    Marvel's Spider-Man es un juego que NO INNOVA nada respecto a las anteriores entregas del superheroe. Si has jugado por ejemplo a los ultimos Batman ya sabes lo que te espera en este juego. El juego es super facil inluso en dificultades altas, una verguenza. El juego esta lleno de bugs, las personas no reaccionan bien por ejemplo cuando les lanzas un objeto y pueden acabar en lo alto de unMarvel's Spider-Man es un juego que NO INNOVA nada respecto a las anteriores entregas del superheroe. Si has jugado por ejemplo a los ultimos Batman ya sabes lo que te espera en este juego. El juego es super facil inluso en dificultades altas, una verguenza. El juego esta lleno de bugs, las personas no reaccionan bien por ejemplo cuando les lanzas un objeto y pueden acabar en lo alto de un edificio. Los cristales de los edificios no reflejan lo que deberian, en ellos veras lugares que nada tienen que ver con lo que se deberia ver por la reflexion de la luz. Los tiempos de carga son extremadamente largos. En fin no lo recomiendo para nada. Expand
  56. Feb 10, 2020
    Look, this game is authentic in the sense that it very much feels what it would be like to play as Spiderman, the facial animation and frankly how well executed the story is.

But these are the only good points, other than that its a lazy regurgitation of the far superior Batman games - especially where combat and minigames are concerned. I found myself pretty much just swinging from one place to another beating up the same groups of bad guys with very fiddly controls.

If it wasn't for the interesting story bits inbetween this would've been an absolute flop in my opinion.
  57. Aug 23, 2019
    I would've given this game a 9/10 or even a 10/10 for the main campaign because the game was stable, polished and fun to play with an amazing story. It was definitely my game of the year. Unfortunately I had the misfortune of playing the 3 DLC packs too and it ruined this game for me. The DLC was repetitive, annoying and just feels like a cash-grab.
  58. Feb 12, 2021
    This game was called the best SM game ever made in just its 1st few weeks. Made by Insomniac, w/ no real big titles to their name, they had their work cut out for them. But it fell flat. Straight away I could tell that they had copied aspects straight out of Infamous, Batman Arkham, and Mordor series but without any of the fun. Spider-Man's system is actually worse & those were made overThis game was called the best SM game ever made in just its 1st few weeks. Made by Insomniac, w/ no real big titles to their name, they had their work cut out for them. But it fell flat. Straight away I could tell that they had copied aspects straight out of Infamous, Batman Arkham, and Mordor series but without any of the fun. Spider-Man's system is actually worse & those were made over 10yrs ago! Also, looks like it just brought Amazing Spider-Man 2 to 2018.

The gameplay, oh boy. Combat is fresh at first but grows stale & button mashing as 20 enemies all attack you at once because they didn't figure out a combat system for 1 or 2 at a time. It's hard to take someone out when you have to continuously dodge bullets, fists & rockets. Originally the game started out as though you’d be able to do combos but you never truly do. Your successful hits just add up to an x-multiplier that gives you a finisher move. The boss battles are some of the worst I’ve experienced; they don’t deserve the name ‘boss’. They are time-based, not health-based. Hit them down this many times, story progresses. Boring, just supposed to do same 2 moves each time. What's the point of all my powers I invested in? Of course they call in goons who proceed to mosh pit you & send rockets into your face. In the end you’re hoping for the bittersweet release from this awful battle that seems never-ending. I couldn't stop dying in one battle with thousands of powers and guns being tossed at me. Put out all four drones, battle was over in 10sec. What? How is that supposed to make you feel powerful? To mix up combat you have to use the different spider gadgets but you have to pull the radial menu open to access them which is disengaging. Not to mention there is next to no tutorial for how to do anything; swinging, how to use the gadgets to their fullest, etc.

Story-wise it begins well like the gameplay but by 50% in you see no end in sight & are just crying to be done already. You take out Fisk in the first 15mins, leaving a vacuum for all sorts of new villains to fill but oh wait all the powered villains are locked up leaving us with a boring new villain where everyone uses the same sort of ability & his story doesn't make much sense. Not only that but by the 50% mark you send him to jail & have a prison fight where everyone escapes just so we can throw in more villains who are never established in this story. Best parts are with Peter & Doc Octavius but they are few & far between. “I should tell the doc to buy more of those little cheese squares.” Peter is finally a scientist or at least an assistant to Otto but you aren't in the lab very often and when you are you're doing pipe & matching puzzles (you’ll do this a lot!) You think that they’re setting up the story for a sequel to have Doc Ock but oh wait he’s in here too! At the flip of a switch Octavius turns from a caring individual who wants to help people & adores Peter to a raging psychopath. The story even says that the arms would affect a person’s mental state over time, the Doc’s happens in a few story hours. Norman Osbourne is barely a character (he’s mayor?). You see him off in the distance a few times, up close once where he barely seems to remember that you're his son's best friend. Octavius hates him but it's not fleshed out why. MJ’s character is completely wrong from the comics (she’s not Lois Lane). The ending was a complete flop. There was no real weight to it & all the possible emotion that could have been put into it, similar to the Spider-Man 2 movie, was non-existent.

They do a good job of making sure you don't know how long the real game is (story missions) because you're forced to do cruddy side missions to unlock things. Story missions feel the shortest parts of the game. Times after story missions where Peter goes 'Oh I should make sure the city is okay.' & you're supposed to go do these side crimes aka filler before continuing. 1st DLC is decent, you get Black Cat which is a nice change of pace but the other two are hollow cash-grabs.

Best part of the story and the game is Jameson’s radio show. His VA is top notch and sounds exactly like JJJ should. The shows are hilarious & the only part of the game I’ll remember for a long time.

Overall I enjoyed my time with the first 50% of the game, it was fun swinging through the city & taking down bad guys with my many abilities & gadgets. But then the story just becomes cluttered with characters & muddled story & I just didn't have as much fun. Usually the battles descended into 'what am I doing?' or 'is the battle over yet?' I certainly don't think it's the greatest game (or even the greatest SM game) ever made. There are many flaws which detract from it & I don't see myself playing it a 2nd time. If you want to play it, buy the GOTY edition on sale. Or if you want better superhero games with amazing story, play Infamous 1&2 and the Batman Arkham series (particularly Origins).
  59. Sep 10, 2021
    The worst game I ever played it has empty and pointless open world boring charactes and pathetic combat ..trashh
  60. Jun 21, 2019
    Я конечно дико извиняюсь но я в недоумении!!!
    Как можно так ленится и все украсть из легендарной легендарной игры веревочная лягушка герой ниндзя странный гангстер Вегас???
    Так ещё и продавать эту игру в России!!!! Бог все видит думаете вашу наглость не увидит??? Всё своровали от города до костюмов и метод их получения!!!! Один бал поставил ибо тут нету миссии с баками и это единственный
    Я конечно дико извиняюсь но я в недоумении!!!
    Так ещё и продавать эту игру в России!!!!
    Бог все видит думаете вашу наглость не увидит???
    Всё своровали от города до костюмов и метод их получения!!!!
    Один бал поставил ибо тут нету миссии с баками и это единственный плюс игры!!!
  61. Feb 10, 2021
    This game is embarrassing bad. The gameplay is boring and unintuitive, and the combat is too slow to be enjoyable.
  62. Feb 26, 2020
    This game is a great technical acheevement, but i didn't enjoy it for several reasons. 1 - swinging around makes me dizzy, i would rather spider-man run, drive, or fly, or if we at least had an option for people with vertigo. 2 - new york city is way too big, what happened to the days when you actually knew where you were going in a game. 3 - the faces are scary. 4 - spiderman is a weak,This game is a great technical acheevement, but i didn't enjoy it for several reasons. 1 - swinging around makes me dizzy, i would rather spider-man run, drive, or fly, or if we at least had an option for people with vertigo. 2 - new york city is way too big, what happened to the days when you actually knew where you were going in a game. 3 - the faces are scary. 4 - spiderman is a weak, overrated character and this should have been about booster gold or some other actually interesting and cool character. Expand
  63. Mar 18, 2020
    Pros: Awesome graphics, robust fighting system, diverse weapons and costumes. The story between Doc Oct and Spider-Man is pretty good.

Cons: Horribly written story / 98% filled with unlikable characters. Spider-man is presented as a incel, cuck, tree-huger weakling with zero backbone or self respect. By the end of the game / DLCs you are rooting for Peter Parker to dump the very unlikable and not that attractive, demanding, complaining, ultra selfish girl that thinks she's better than you - in almost every way.

As is...this is a 3/10. If you could redo the story and make the characters likable and make M.J. lovable and supportive...then I'd give it 8.5/10.
  64. Aug 20, 2020
    This is a marvelous piece of poop, doesn’t feel like the spider man I grew up loving, the game had its moments but that’s it just moments don’t recommend
  65. Jan 30, 2021
    No puedo aprobar a un juego que ya he empezado 3 veces y las 3 veces lo he acabado desinstalando. He intentado hacer un esfuerzo porque me gusta, normalmente si un juego de primeras no me gusta lo dejo fuera, sin embargo hasta 3 intentos espaciados en el tiempo le he dado. No hay manera, no me engancha, no me divierte. Parece una copia barata de los grandes Batman. Si no ha conectadoNo puedo aprobar a un juego que ya he empezado 3 veces y las 3 veces lo he acabado desinstalando. He intentado hacer un esfuerzo porque me gusta, normalmente si un juego de primeras no me gusta lo dejo fuera, sin embargo hasta 3 intentos espaciados en el tiempo le he dado. No hay manera, no me engancha, no me divierte. Parece una copia barata de los grandes Batman. Si no ha conectado conmigo no lo puedo aprobar. Expand
  66. Feb 9, 2021
    Made this account just to talk about how **** this game is.

Minimum character placeholder.
  67. Nov 9, 2019
    I don’t understand all the praise for this game, it’s absolutely infuriating. The controls are just all over the place, I feel like I’m trying to juggle cats the whole time I’m playing. I hate the combat, spiderman hits like a wet noodle and the enemies come at you with such a dizzying array of ever more powerful barrage of attacks that you just get beat to a pulp, over and over again.I don’t understand all the praise for this game, it’s absolutely infuriating. The controls are just all over the place, I feel like I’m trying to juggle cats the whole time I’m playing. I hate the combat, spiderman hits like a wet noodle and the enemies come at you with such a dizzying array of ever more powerful barrage of attacks that you just get beat to a pulp, over and over again. I never felt like a powerful superhero, I felt like a frog in a blender. Then there is the rest of the game...a miserable slog of open world cliches. Go here, fetch that, collect this, investigate that, all as lazy excuses to force you to explore the map. I could forgive it if it meshed naturally with the game, but it’s so lazy and contrived, I just rolled my eyes with each new fetch quest they introduced. Seriously, go catch pigeons all over town? Collect crap from your backpacks? It’s just busy work to make the game feel longer and adds nothing to the narrative.

I absolutely adore the Batman games, everything about them, from the graphics, the story, the combat, even the grind, they’re absolutely beautiful, but spiderman feels like a cheap, wonky knock off. I can’t help but feel the people that praise this game have never played another sandbox type game, because this is all just reheated leftovers from every other game of this type that came before it. There is nothing new here, and what they have rehashed is so lazy and mind numbing I can’t even bring myself to finish the game. 30 hours, I gave it 30 hours and I’ll not give it one more. It’s pedantic, boring, frustrating and horribly unoriginal.
  68. Apr 26, 2021
    Дней десять назад купил себе консоль PS5 и решил пройти все лучшие игры PS4, так или иначе улучшенные под новое поколение железа. God of War, Horizon, Uncarted 4… Дошли руки до Spider Man… И каково было мое удивление (купил ее буквально пару часов назад, скачал, запустил и выключил), что я никоим образом не могу ее улучшить под свою новую консоль. Никак! Само-собой я тут же начал шерститьДней десять назад купил себе консоль PS5 и решил пройти все лучшие игры PS4, так или иначе улучшенные под новое поколение железа. God of War, Horizon, Uncarted 4… Дошли руки до Spider Man… И каково было мое удивление (купил ее буквально пару часов назад, скачал, запустил и выключил), что я никоим образом не могу ее улучшить под свою новую консоль. Никак! Само-собой я тут же начал шерстить Сеть и понял, что обновленная версия является частью совершенно другой игры, пусть и продолжения оной. Честно, очень расстроился. Не в деньгах дело, скидка была огромной, а именно в отношении к человеку, т.к. именно детали и мелочи всегда восхищали в подходе компании Sony. Человек, насмотревшийся красивых роликов в интернете и не подозревающий весьма хитрых нюансов, покупает игру и понимает, что сделал это зря…
    ИМХО – это не уровень компании Sony и крайне важно дать возможность обновить Spider Man до Remastered версии, пусть даже и за солидную плату. В противном случае остается ощущение, что, приобретя продукт, я очень ошибся и использовать его не могу (ну в 30 кадров в секунду без улучшенной графики на PS5… Не вариант), т.к. специально ждал новую платформу.

P.S. в ТП написал, но получил ответ в стиле "сам виноват"...
  69. Sep 11, 2019
    After about an hour you'll get bored. This is a good looking game but it has been done many times before. Sunset overdrive gives you exactly the same thing. That got boring too. Overated by fanboys this game ends up in the bargain bucket after a week.
  70. Aug 19, 2020
    Cringey ass normie game with just as cringey dialogue and voicelines. Some missions (most of them) are just plain **** stupid. And Peters ''genius'' just comes from **** fucccing writing, ''oooh I better just real quick cure cancer, I should be able to craft a anti-cancer serum from thin air with the use of bubblegum and some air molecules, a splash of duct-tape and enhance it with WD-40.Cringey ass normie game with just as cringey dialogue and voicelines. Some missions (most of them) are just plain **** stupid. And Peters ''genius'' just comes from **** fucccing writing, ''oooh I better just real quick cure cancer, I should be able to craft a anti-cancer serum from thin air with the use of bubblegum and some air molecules, a splash of duct-tape and enhance it with WD-40. **** off.

All the positive reviews are from Marvel fanboys.
  71. Oct 26, 2020
    Шедевр . Одним словом - шедевр . Карта большая , ощущаешь весь масштаб игры , боёвка просто шедевр ( слоумо моменты , комбинации и т.д ) всё идеально . Вот только 1 минус , в небоскрёбах нету людей .
  72. Sep 29, 2020
    it's like watching one of dem avengers blockbusters, gradually u just forget wot is going on and who and why
  73. Oct 4, 2020
    Скажите "спасибо" новому лицу Человека Паука, сделали из 30 летнего обаятельного парня 16 летнего смазливого пездреныша.
  74. Jun 21, 2020
    First off the Combat is good, but way too easy. Spiderman is supposed to be funny, not annoying. And I didn’t buy this game to play as Mary Jane! Overall mediocre game with annoying characters.
  75. Dec 30, 2020
    This game is just too mundane for an open world Spider-man. One problem with some comic book adaptations is the lack of an artistic comic style that is part of the comic's brand. This game tries so hard to make everything and everyone realistic, it loses comic flavor. The characters are so ordinary and plain looking to the point that it makes everything stiff. It tries to blend all thisThis game is just too mundane for an open world Spider-man. One problem with some comic book adaptations is the lack of an artistic comic style that is part of the comic's brand. This game tries so hard to make everything and everyone realistic, it loses comic flavor. The characters are so ordinary and plain looking to the point that it makes everything stiff. It tries to blend all this realism in a world with a literal Spider-man and superheroes that's a breach of brand and style. It doesn't work.

The missions are also mundane. Especially some of the side missions, like the one where you literally go around to different spots of a harbor or spots in the air to clean the water and air because of environmentalism or something.

The fighting just turns into a bunch of button mashing or overly complex combos like most other games. And it suffers from Spider-man being way too weak, similar to how in Batman games he will get beaten up by the average thug if you don't hit the right combo. You don't feel like a superhero as a result. It's even worse with Spider-man who is supposed to have super-human strength.

Ultimately, the whole thing falls flat. Webbing around town for a bit was fun but limited in long-term gameplay. Other than that, if one likes the realistic characters or nice architecture like the nice cathedrals in town, then that's about the only appeal.
  76. Jun 15, 2021
    Brilliant game even did a second walkthrough no microtransactions brilliant story 10/10 soundtrack boss fight and stealth sections with mary jane can be annoying but overral i had so much fun with it especially combat system kept me plying for hours
  77. Oct 14, 2021
    I can`t play this game because i don`t want to buy a ps4 for one game, and I'm not a masochist to play with a joystick. The assessment is appropriate.
    Я не могу поиграть в эту игру, потому что не хочу покупать PS4 за одну игру, и я не мазохист, чтобы играть с джойстиком. Оценка соответствующая.
  78. Apr 20, 2021
    This game is everything anyone could love about Spider-Man. It’s the perfect, most relatable, most real version of the character Ive ever seen. Yuri Lowenthal soars in his performance of Peter, providing an honest performance of realism and depth. The writing in this game is unbelievably believable. All of the characters feel like people, from their models, to the way they talk like us.This game is everything anyone could love about Spider-Man. It’s the perfect, most relatable, most real version of the character Ive ever seen. Yuri Lowenthal soars in his performance of Peter, providing an honest performance of realism and depth. The writing in this game is unbelievably believable. All of the characters feel like people, from their models, to the way they talk like us. This is the best Peter, Mary-Jane, and Aunt May have ever been. The final boss battle with Doc Ock feels tense, not because its super hard, but because the entire story has been building up to this emotional climax. This game feels like it was made by Spider-Man fans. It takes everything that has worked for the character before, and creates the ultimate version of this icon. This game is the best that Spider-Man has ever been, and you cant change my mind. Please get this game, it was made with love, you can just tell. Expand
  79. May 2, 2021
    Un 0 sí. No es tan malo el juego, no, pero es un DLC que te cobran como un juego entero, a precio de juego entero, y frente a los timos (y encima llenos de bugs) se ha de combatir. La mala praxis se ha de combatir.
  80. Jul 10, 2021
    For me one of the ugliest spider-man games. Being an exclusive I expected a big step forward for stroria and gameplay. The story is full of hasty things and also very obvious, The gameplay takes up both from the batman series and from the old spider-man games (such as the amazing and shattered dimensions) making it a fairly disappointing game. (I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian)
  81. Jul 13, 2021
    i don't like the combat system in this game compared to other past spider man games like the amazing spider man 1 on ps3 the combat system on TASM is more unique and creative. the gameplay in this game is repetitive and i hate mary jane and miles morales stealth missions.
  82. Aug 24, 2021
    jogo do play 4 com gráficos do play3,preciso nem dizer nada.
    .............
  83. Sep 14, 2021
    no hubo escenas de sexo, el juego me repugna por eso yo vine a ver como mary jane y spiderman tenian sexo duro pero lo demás esta bien, pero lo arruina todo eso
  84. Oct 14, 2021
    this game makes you feel spiderman.Although a little easy his achievements.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 116 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 11, 2019
    One of the best Spider-man games in history and a victory for the future of the singleplayer AAA games.
  2. Jan 25, 2019
    There are myriad good reasons why Marvel's Spider-Man is the best-selling and highest-rated Spider-Man title in years. While it has a few glaring flaws, they pale in comparison to all of the things the team at Insomniac got right. A well-acted, strong story serves as the backbone for an experience that just plain feels right for Spider-Man, and fans and newcomers alike won't be disappointed by this trip to the Spider-verse.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 9, 2019
    This game does for Spider-Man what the Arkham series did for Batman. Immensely satisfying movement system, excellent combat, fast pace, superb visuals and wealth of side activities converge to bring a wonderful experienced, diluted only by some minor missteps in the story and a couple of stealth sequences where you control supporting characters instead of Spidey. [11/2018, p.54]