8.7

1. Sep 8, 2018
    Absolutely amazing. It’s everything I wanted it to be and more. Truly a sensational experience. Insomniac hit the nail directly on the head with this one. If your a fan of old webhead then, ultimately, this game is for you. Another epic triumph for Sony, Marvel and of course Insomniac.
  2. Sep 7, 2018
    This game is fantastic. It looks beautiful regardless of if it is on the pro or base system, the web slinging feels fantastic with the amazing animations, the combat is extremely fun, story is really great for a game of this kind. Overall of you have a ps4 you need to get this game.
  3. Sep 7, 2018
  4. Sep 9, 2018
    The best game I have ever played. The story is amazing, the swinging feels so good and the combat is one of the best combat systems I have seen in a video game. I have spent over 30 hours playing it so far and it's still not boring for me.
  5. Sep 9, 2018
    I'm not an avid gamer and this was my first time playing ps4, but I'm really enjoying this game in every aspect. Also big spidey fan and this games makes you feel perfectly like him
  6. Sep 9, 2018
    One of the best games I've ever played its a shame about these Xbox fanboys giving this game zeros and fake reviews
  7. Sep 9, 2018
    Truly amazing. Now i know what central park feels like on an autumn aftrernoon. Looks incredible on my oled.
  8. Sep 9, 2018
    Fantastic game. Great graphics solid gameplay. All around a great experience.
  9. Sep 17, 2018
    Pros: Gorgeous game especially on the pro. Draw distance is impressive. City actually feels alive. Combat is fluid and very polished. Costumes are very well done each with unique and very awesome powers. Voice talent and voice overs are very good. Story itself is solid. Boss fights aren't amazing but they get the job done to keep you interested. Traversal is the best part of the game.Pros: Gorgeous game especially on the pro. Draw distance is impressive. City actually feels alive. Combat is fluid and very polished. Costumes are very well done each with unique and very awesome powers. Voice talent and voice overs are very good. Story itself is solid. Boss fights aren't amazing but they get the job done to keep you interested. Traversal is the best part of the game.
    Cons: A lot of pop-in from down below, mostly cars and people, its not horrible but it is bothersome. Some side missions are pretty recycled.
    All in all tho very good game.
  10. Sep 9, 2018
    Insomniac's first take on a well known Marvel character was truly magnificent! From the details to the gameplay and even its original storyline. Despite some minor bugs here and there, repetitive side missions, I sincerely commend Insomniac Games for there take of Spider-Man. The story was excellent although there were slight pacing issues which may be personal preference, but theInsomniac's first take on a well known Marvel character was truly magnificent! From the details to the gameplay and even its original storyline. Despite some minor bugs here and there, repetitive side missions, I sincerely commend Insomniac Games for there take of Spider-Man. The story was excellent although there were slight pacing issues which may be personal preference, but the gameplay. Woah! I love the way Peter Parker was implemented into the story and even Spidey's gadgets! Overall an amazing game and is a must buy for the Spider-Man fans seeking a jaw dropping, TRUE SPIDER-MAN EXPERIENCE!!! Expand
  11. Sep 9, 2018
    Best Spider-Man story/game period. It captures the feel of being Spider-Man and Insomniac hit gold with this one.
  12. Sep 9, 2018
    One of the most fun i ever had playing a video game. Attention to detail was amazing, combat was fluid and story was heartfelt and good. All in all my favourite game of 2018 with GoW.
  13. Sep 9, 2018
    Absolutely amazing game. insomniac really outdid themselves with this and could be the start of an amazing franchise enough to rival the Arkham series
  14. Sep 9, 2018
    Marvel's Spider-man is wonderful edition to Sony's already fantastic line up of single player exclusive titles.

First and foremost, Insomniac have made quite simply the most (and by quite some distance) fun character to exist in a 3rd person world. Traversing as Spider-man is both exhilarating and intuitive, which seems like it should be impossible to provide, however they have cracked it. Exploration becomes incredibly rewarding due to the nature of swinging through New York being the reward itself. For this reason I haven't made it very far through the story (which has been great so far), because I have just been collecting all the collectables.

The collectables have been done in a very satisfying way. Each type is introduced after beating a main mission. This means that (for example) there are only 55 collectables on the map in the beginning (backpacks with tokens and cool nods to Spidey's past and relationships). Every single collectable is available for collection, there are no restrictions that waste time. Then after beating the next mission a completely different type of collectable is available, for example photographing all of the landmarks, getting three stars in Wilson Fisk hideout battles or completing research missions. This bite size nature of adding a new collectable as you play through makes the game enticing to consider platinum-ing.

Combat: The combat in Spider-man has many highs and a few lows. Combat feels smooth and challenging, rewarding your diversity in moves. I am playing on the harder difficulty and in almost all cases where I have died it has been my own fault and fair. I think the challenge presented in the hard mode is perfect and wish all games offered this balanced, fair level of difficulty. The only complaint I have is that the brutes feel a little un-balanced on the harder setting. They can only be hit while they are webbed and they do huge damage, so if there is ever two of them in one fight, then isolating one and dealing with it becomes very frustrating as they take roughly 25 hits to go down, meaning you need to dodge and avoid damage while webbing and combo-ing it roughly 5-6 times, while dodging the other one. bearing in mind that they can kill you in two hits, it can get a bit panicky and button mashy. I love how this game wires itself into your nervous system the way a fighter game does, so when all of that deliberate fluid tactical combat and goes out the window, it feels slightly cheap.

Graphics: Graphics is a tough one to talk about, as they are both incredible and at times lacklustre. The world and environments are so stunning that you could forgive someone for comparing this game Vs a cinematic liner single player title. However, we need to remember that this game is actually a large open world with thousands of NPCs, and because of this demanding nature, the NPCs cannot all have the fidelity of Nathan Drake from uncharted. The witcher 3 was the same, where it had really detailed main characters and important NPCs, but every villager had the same bowl-cut hair and face. I personally don't think it detracts from the game at all, but in the current climate of gaming, I know people are going to be "outraged".

I thoroughly recommend this game to anyone, people with arthritis should avoid this game however, as it really is taxing on the thumbs.
  15. Sep 9, 2018
    Perfect in every way, Spider-man Really brings out the Peter Parker we know and love, and makes us love him even more.
  16. Sep 10, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the best game of Spiderman, is fantastic to sony always serar the best of games the best games are on ps4, thank you sony. Expand
  17. Sep 8, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor jogo do Aranha já feito. Tudo é orquestral! Gráficos, trilha sonora, trama. Mais uma obra prima da Sony e da Isomniac! Expand
  18. Sep 7, 2018
    Insomniac was the perfect choice to bring everyone’s friendly neighborhood spider to life. Everything feels torn straight from the movies/comics. The combat, the music, the art direction, the famous Spidey mouth. All superbly done. The story and villains are done great too. Familiar faces but with that insomiac spin. Love it. And the web slinging is fantastic. Really feel like Spider-Man.Insomniac was the perfect choice to bring everyone’s friendly neighborhood spider to life. Everything feels torn straight from the movies/comics. The combat, the music, the art direction, the famous Spidey mouth. All superbly done. The story and villains are done great too. Familiar faces but with that insomiac spin. Love it. And the web slinging is fantastic. Really feel like Spider-Man. Haven’t been so happy to sling around since Spider-Man 2. A+ Expand
  19. Sep 8, 2018
    I've been looking forward to this for the past few years and have been watching all the gameplay demos, new announcement trailers etc. It is an amazing game! If you are a Spidey/Peter Parker fan then you are sure to love it. I'll admit that I'm only a few hours into the story missions, but I'm loving everything so far and there is lots to do in your very own NYC playground.

Recommended

Recommended to any Spider-Man fan, Marvel fan and PS4 owner. Also if you are a fan of the Arkham (Batman) games, this is in a similar vein in terms of gameplay. This is, so far, gunning to be one of my favorite Superhero games, and by far the best game since Spider-Man 2 on PS2 back in '04.
  20. Sep 9, 2018
    Try to ignore the negative comments left by the toxic Xbox community, this game looks stunning gameplay is smooth great story superb web swinging mechanics this game is by far the best super hero game to date over taking the Arkham series for me personally, Marvel's Spider-Man for the PS4 is a must have for any fan of the wall crawler and a must have if you have a PS4 looking for aTry to ignore the negative comments left by the toxic Xbox community, this game looks stunning gameplay is smooth great story superb web swinging mechanics this game is by far the best super hero game to date over taking the Arkham series for me personally, Marvel's Spider-Man for the PS4 is a must have for any fan of the wall crawler and a must have if you have a PS4 looking for a compelling super hero experience thank you to Insomniac games and Sony for making this game possible. Expand
  21. Sep 7, 2018
    A fantastic first attempt from insomniac at the wall crawler as they hit home run right off the bat.

Amazing story, gameplay,combat and more await you with this title.
  22. Sep 9, 2018
    Spider-Man PS4 is one of if not the greatest game I have played this year, with amazing graphics that made me and my father just gaze in awe in it's beauty and how seamless the game goes from cutscene to gameplay is so amazing, While some people may say that the combat is "A clone of Batman" they are very mistaken, the combat in this Game is quite innovative allowing you to use your websSpider-Man PS4 is one of if not the greatest game I have played this year, with amazing graphics that made me and my father just gaze in awe in it's beauty and how seamless the game goes from cutscene to gameplay is so amazing, While some people may say that the combat is "A clone of Batman" they are very mistaken, the combat in this Game is quite innovative allowing you to use your webs in a large variety of ways and being able to use the environment to lay the beating on bad guys is so satisfying and even better while at the start at the game you'll have some small petty crimes occur they'll soon turn into massive shoot outs and hostage situations in the streets.
    However In Spider-Man The funniest thing to do in the game is swing around the breathtaking city of New York as it is almost as if the game devs took the real city and just placed it into the game (with some Marvel Universe thrown in) to make a living and breathing city almost like the city in itself is a character in the story, and speaking of the story, the story within the game kept me interested in figuring out what is going on within the city that never sleeps, Side missions are a bit of a let down in the game though they are still fun to do, and with 28 different suits to unlock and challenges to complete the game will keep you going for a while.
    The game itself took me about 3 days to finish (from Friday when it came out to Sunday) and through that entire weekend I never felt bored or uninterested with the game, Gadgets within the game are also fun and exciting to use with some helping with sneaking and other gadgets helping in combat.
    Enemy variety is great with about a variety of 6 different enemy units but also there are 4 types of organisations you will have to battle with these different units within their ranks. One issue however I had with the game is right at the end of the game when i Beat the boss battle the game glitched me into an in-escapable area forcing me to go back about half an hour, other than that I never faced any further bugs or glitches or any crashes as well, Overall an amazing game and I hope Insomniac are immediately making the next game because I can't wait to see what they do next with The Friendly, The Amazing, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN!!!
  23. Sep 8, 2018
    El videojuego de Spiderman esta fantástico. Los de Insomniac Games de verdad han trabajado para lanzar un buen producto. La trama es buena, en este juego se es Peter Parker más tiempo en vez de solo jugar como Spiderman. También, hay momentos en que juegas con Mary Jane. El balanceo es similar a los anteriores juegos. La historia no es muy truculenta, ya que parece que quieren que el juegoEl videojuego de Spiderman esta fantástico. Los de Insomniac Games de verdad han trabajado para lanzar un buen producto. La trama es buena, en este juego se es Peter Parker más tiempo en vez de solo jugar como Spiderman. También, hay momentos en que juegas con Mary Jane. El balanceo es similar a los anteriores juegos. La historia no es muy truculenta, ya que parece que quieren que el juego lo disfruten más gente y no solo los adultos. Los enemigos tienen dificultad variada para que se perciba el reto. Aunque en el videojuego The Amazing Spiderman del 2012 ya había niveles de infiltración y sigilo, en este Spiderman hace que se vea más tenso. No solo se debe presionar botones para ganar se debe jugar con un poco de estrategia de acuerdo a lo que se enfrenta. La música va de acuerdo al personaje. El juego nuestra a un Spiderman más humano aunque ese detalle es relativo porque uno recuerda que es un juego.

In English
    The Spiderman video game is fantastic. Those of Insomniac Games have really worked to launch a good product. The plot is good, in this game Peter Parker is more time instead of just playing as Spiderman. Also, there are times when you play with Mary Jane. The swing is similar to the previous games. The story is not very tricky, since it seems that they want the game to be enjoyed by more people and not just adults. Enemies have varying difficulty so that the challenge is perceived. Although in the game The Amazing Spiderman of 2012 there were already levels of infiltration and stealth, in this Spiderman makes it look more tense. Not only must you press buttons to win you must play with a bit of strategy according to what you are facing. The music is according to the character. The game ours to a more human Spiderman although that detail is relative because one remembers that it is a game.
  24. Sep 9, 2018
    The best comic book video game adaptation i have ever played. Story, Gameplay and Graphics are amazing.
  25. Sep 7, 2018
    The love and heart that went into making this game can be seen from the very beginning of the game. The opening sequence sets up the game for a roller coaster of a ride. It delivers on the fantasy of being Spider-Man. Being a huge fan of the character, I feel this one is right on the money of what it feels to be Spider-Man. The dichotomy of Spider-Man and Peter Parker is evident from theThe love and heart that went into making this game can be seen from the very beginning of the game. The opening sequence sets up the game for a roller coaster of a ride. It delivers on the fantasy of being Spider-Man. Being a huge fan of the character, I feel this one is right on the money of what it feels to be Spider-Man. The dichotomy of Spider-Man and Peter Parker is evident from the very first scene and plays through really well in the game. The way Spider-Man moves through the city is a delight to watch and play. The combat is equally satisfying with a plethora of powers and gadgets at your disposal. This is very much an Insomniac game as it is a Spider-Man game. The world is beautifully created, with fluid animations and a very well crafted story. This game really does top the list of super hero games and is a must buy. Expand
  26. Sep 8, 2018
    Great Game!! Another win for Ps4!! This is a must game to have!!! Pure 10 in my book!
  27. Sep 7, 2018
    I have no words to explain how good this game is, the graphics, the history the gameplay everthing is just perfect here, definitely This game is the best super hero game of all times.
  28. Sep 7, 2018
    really great best game ever made and my favorite Spiderman ever made cool game oiqwerhiou3qwrhiouqwr2iu39rh3qu9rhiou2q
  29. Sep 8, 2018
    It's extremely enjoyable game and the best Spiderman yet by far. The only complaint I have is the outdated open world, map towers and a bit if a glitchy camera in combat. Everything else is at least decent to very good with the odd few aspects being amazing like the traversal and the combat at it's core. Story is damn good and pacing is fanrastic, it allows you to experience Peter parkerIt's extremely enjoyable game and the best Spiderman yet by far. The only complaint I have is the outdated open world, map towers and a bit if a glitchy camera in combat. Everything else is at least decent to very good with the odd few aspects being amazing like the traversal and the combat at it's core. Story is damn good and pacing is fanrastic, it allows you to experience Peter parker and Spider-man like no super hero game has done before, including the Arkham series with Batman. Anyway, 9/10 but I'll rate 10 to counter the trolls doing 0's. Expand
  30. Sep 7, 2018
    Humanity never fails to be petty and spiteful. Ive seen countless accounts created solely to rate this game a 0. Its rather sad honestly. There is no way anybody could justify giving this game a 0, whether or not they personally like the game, on technical merit alone this game objectively cannot be scored 0. Ive also seen copy paste reviews from the same person on multiple accounts,Humanity never fails to be petty and spiteful. Ive seen countless accounts created solely to rate this game a 0. Its rather sad honestly. There is no way anybody could justify giving this game a 0, whether or not they personally like the game, on technical merit alone this game objectively cannot be scored 0. Ive also seen copy paste reviews from the same person on multiple accounts, jealous xbox players? Look, i get it. Itd be awesome if everyone could experience this game.. but thats just not how it is. I hate exclusivity. It causes rifts between a community that should all be on the same side. In fear of this becoming a review on our species, i will talk about the game.

Insomniac made big promises and built up a lot of hype, and i had my doubts. But this game delivers. Really, it does. The effort and love is seeping from every frame. This is THE ultimate spider-man. I have not been able to stop playing. Its every spider-man fans wet dream. Combat is exciting and challenging and suprisingly complex, graphics are stunning even on a vanilla ps4, and traversal is nothing short of masterpiece status.

If you're one of those spiteful people creating multiple accounts just to drag this game (and therefore the people buying it) down, i urge you to consider what you're doing. We are all gamers. we should be united. Use your hatred to combat something that is genuinely worth fighting. For example, the PC disgrace that is battlefield 5. Just consider it please.

There are so many reasons to be angry as gamers these days, but turding on the few good games we do get really isnt a good idea. We need to praise the good ones as much as possible. So that developers realise that we only accept quality..

Pick your fights guys. Gaming is precious, good games are becoming more and more rare. Just try to look at things on the bigger scale. This game does not deserve your anger.
  31. Sep 7, 2018
    Best Spider-man game ever. if u are Marvel and spiderman u must buy this game
  32. Sep 8, 2018
    It is amazing how the game has not even been out for a week at the time of writing this and the sad fanboys have already started with fake reviews to try and put down the score, do you not have anything better to do with your time? Hopefully metacritic pulls down these fake reviews and down votes to try and have the score be balanced and fair.

Onto the actual product itself it is

Onto the actual product itself it is fantastic as you would expected from a developer of such high talent such as insomniac who put their all into this and it has payed off fantastically.

If you just want to know if you should get the game the answer is a clear yes!
  33. Sep 7, 2018
    Marvel’s Spider-Man is one the best games I’ve ever played. The story, graphics, combat, web swinging, all look amazing. Best Spider-Man game ever made. This game doesn’t deserve negative reviews. The people giving negative reviews are either trolls, Xbots, or just suck at the game. This a GOTY contender, and my GOTY.
  34. Sep 7, 2018
    Hands down the definitive spider man title for this generation of consoles. Best in class animations, gameplay, visuals, soundtrack and story. Clearly uses rocksteady's batman as the base idea then builds on it with all the spider man trimmings. Work of art, labor of love and all around enjoyable!
  35. Sep 7, 2018
    Another fantastic ps4 game from the talented individuals at insomniac games but did you expect any less.
  36. Sep 9, 2018
    I am pretty sure 99% of the negative reviews on this game are from the Xbox/PC fan base who are just irritated they won't get to play this game (same thing happened with God of War) - the game is the best Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 hands down.

The city is truly alive, people shout out at you like you expect, some love you, others hate you (thanks JJ!) and the story for this Peter is amazing.

Combat in my opinion, beats the Dark Knight (sorry Bat fans), it is more fluid and high speed, and you always have to use every advantage in your arsenal to win, because you are always massively out-numbered.

The story is superb too. First time not having to play the death of Ben or finding out how Parker got his powers, just jumping straight in with an experience Spidey makes this much more fun.

Main story is rumoured to be 22hrs roughly, depending on difficulty level, but honestly you will never just go from mission to mission, I end up going to towers, to backpacks, to research labs, to minor crimes, and just go swinging about because I can. so the story will definitely last longer than that for me.

All in all, amazing game, definitely worth owning a PS4 to play, and games like this is why I own other consoles and not just my PC.

Can Insomniac now do a game for all the Marvel Universe heroes please?
  37. Sep 7, 2018
    You can feel the love Insomniac put into this game, and it goes a long way.
  38. Sep 7, 2018
    In a world where the Arkham games exist, Sony's Spider-Man may not be the greatest superhero game ever made, but it is easily the greatest Marvel game ever made, let alone the greatest Spider-Man game by a pretty wide margin, along with the greatest open world in a superhero game by a long shot (sorry, Arkham, you're amazing, but your open world gameplay is your biggest downfall), andIn a world where the Arkham games exist, Sony's Spider-Man may not be the greatest superhero game ever made, but it is easily the greatest Marvel game ever made, let alone the greatest Spider-Man game by a pretty wide margin, along with the greatest open world in a superhero game by a long shot (sorry, Arkham, you're amazing, but your open world gameplay is your biggest downfall), and easily still a top 5 superhero game overall: it really is the definitive webslinger experience.

One area of contention while we're on the subject of Arkham: combat really is fluid here, but not quite as intuitive as the early Arkham games. On the other side of that coin, evasion is less of an 'insta-counter' than Arkham games, and deliberate thought needs to be put into your timing as your Spidey Sense tingles.

Now for the real question: how's the web-slinging? Easy: more reactive, responsive, and fun than ever. Trying not to wear out the Arkham analogies (because the game is markedly different from the Arkham games in some core areas), but while a game like Arkham City is a combat-focused action game with a minor focus on open-world action/adventure gameplay, Spidey is an open-world action/adventure game with a minor focus on combat-focused action gameplay. Getting the hang of taking off, wall-runnung, free-falling, web stunts, web-zipping, and everything in-between to pick up speed is where the game feels like it's at its strongest. In terms of core gameplay, QTEs do rear their ugly head from time to time, but for the first time in Spider-Man, they are used a little more sparingly.

Playing on Spectacular difficulty has given me a new appreciation for the game as well: if you happen to get roughed up by a gang of thugs early on - which can and will happen on Spectacular difficulty - you lose the encounter, but you gain the experience for whatever enemies you did beat, and you just checkpoint out of the encounter until a new crime needs to be stopped. I have to commend Insomniac for trying to create a game that can be so accessible to low-level players but also provide high-level challenge without trying to actively punish people who seek out said challenges. Collectibles are shown to you in an organic way with a more streamlined version of the Ubisoft tower system that doesn't turn collecting into a chore, as well: and if you prefer hunting for backpacks on your own, as long as you don't ping the area with the right analog stick, they remain un-illuminated.

The story, like Arkham City, is pure fanservice, but not in a bad way. It's clearly a labor of love, and Insomniac's more seasoned Spider-Man feels like a welcome change and a completely new addition to a Spider-verse that typically has an unhealthy obsession with continuity reboots.

Bottom line: if you don't like Spider-Man, this game may or may not change your mind. But if you've got any love for the wall-crawler, or even for superhero games in general, the words 'must-play' absolutely spring to mind.
  39. Sep 7, 2018
    This game is exactly what it should be The AMAZING Spider-man, do not listen to the 0 scores people have nothing better to do than bash on a hardworked game I own this on a ps4 slim and the game is even beautiful on there. Do yourself a favor and actually buy a ps4 and play the game before you destroy greatness.
  40. Sep 7, 2018
    "It makes you feel like Spiderman".

All jokes aside it is a fantastic game you need to experience.
  41. Sep 7, 2018
    Wow the fanboys are in full force today, it is just so funny because they would be praising this if it was a multiplatform game like the old crappy activision games, just buy a ps4 and but your brand loyalty aside Jesus.
  42. Sep 9, 2018
    to be honest , this is the best ever spider man game . the game have better phisics , graphics and most importantly the story telling oh god im loving it so much . SPOILLERS !!! in this game you're not just learning about the story of spider man but also peter . i would give it a 10/10 JUST TO triggere xbots fans ..
  43. Sep 7, 2018
    A masterpiece of game design and one of the best superhero games you will ever play YES PLEASE.
  44. Sep 7, 2018
    beautiful Graphics!!! Gameplay and fighting mechanics are well Amazing!. Insomniac has done a great job of nailing Spider-Man. there is small issues but nothing that distracts from the game. it is a shame some people hate the game most likely fan boys of other systems.
  45. Sep 8, 2018
    This game is a dream come true for every Spider-Man fan! A must-buy in my opinion.
  46. Sep 7, 2018
    A masterpiece that has caused all these sad fanboys to come out and try and down vote it because it isn't on their favorite system. I just hope that metacritic removes these fake reviews
  47. Sep 7, 2018
    Everything it set out to be and more. If you love Spiderman, you cannot go wrong with this game.
  48. Sep 7, 2018
    I've been playing it since its release some hours ago, and man! What a beautifully crafted game, graphics, gameplay, audio and story are top notch! Truly remarkable. Very few flaws so far, not enough to take you away from such awesome gaming experience. Loving every second of it!

"The universe does not allow perfection."
  49. Sep 7, 2018
    Everything you could ever want from a Spiderman game thank you insomniac for making this masterpiece.
  50. Sep 7, 2018
    What a masterpiece all around, beautiful game, beautiful story, and compelling and immersive set pieces
  51. Sep 7, 2018
    You want a game that makes you feel like you're Spider-man? This. Game. Is. It. Good job Insomniac!!

Love all these 0 ratings being left by salty xbox fanboys that obviously created new metacritic accounts just to hide the fact that they are just that. Maybe ya'll should spend more time sending suggestions to MS instead of lowering the user score of a Sony exclusive game just because it's not on your console.
  52. Sep 8, 2018
    Amazing, this game is the evolution of de spiderman's games, perfect and a gameplay very excited, yet
    The Xbox fans are crying because this game don't be un tour consolé hahahaha
  53. Sep 7, 2018
    Insomniac have truly knocked it out of the park with how well they have done this game and truly captured what makes Spiderman so special to many people.

I could go on and on but you have seen any gameplay for it and I like the look of it then you won't regret buying it.
  54. Sep 7, 2018
    Easily the best Spider-man game. Definitely a recommendation for Spider-man fans. Even if you don't like Spider-man I still recommend you give this game a go because it is amazing.
  55. Sep 7, 2018
    this is a very good spiderman game!if you are Marvel and spiderman You must buy this game!
  56. Sep 7, 2018
    Comic book fans rejoice insomniac finally brings justice to the famed wall crawler in what may be the best ps4 exclusive yet as they have perfected everything about this much beloved character that you must see for yourself.
  57. Sep 7, 2018
    It is becoming quite predictive for sony AAA exclusives to provide us with quality experience. This game is the spiderman game we all needed. I can see the amount of passion Insomaniac have put into this game to give us one of the best open world games out there. The story here is truly amazing and the writing displays the quality seen in an MCU movie. The writers really outdid themselves,It is becoming quite predictive for sony AAA exclusives to provide us with quality experience. This game is the spiderman game we all needed. I can see the amount of passion Insomaniac have put into this game to give us one of the best open world games out there. The story here is truly amazing and the writing displays the quality seen in an MCU movie. The writers really outdid themselves, and I wasn't expecting it to be that good. The gameplay is fluid and responsive and does what you intended to do most of the times. The combat, though it's nothing original, it's what they did with the pre existing formula that makes it unique. The combat has variety and it only increases as you unlock skills. The web slinging is an absolute blast and never gets old even for the 3000th time. And you will spend a lot of time swinging in this game. The story missions are very well structured and all of them have different ambiance to them. MJ stealth sections were also fun since they provided a change of pace and gave us a different POV. Side missions do tend to get repetitive but that doesn't matter when the mechanics are so damn good. The open world is a well realized version of Manhatten with the amount of detail that can compete with that of Gta5. The visuals are hands down unreal as expected from sony's first party games. This game has a lot of quality content, and it would be a crime for the ps4 gamers as well as spidey fans to miss on this masterpiece. Expand
  58. Sep 7, 2018
    Insomniac games delivers once again while this time round delivering justice to one of the best superhero sever with a game that finally gets it right after so many games.

Everything you would want out of a spider man game is here and done to near perfection. Honestly you should just play it yourself and see how much love and care was put in instead of having it all told to you.

So if you just want a recommendation then yes you need to get this.
  59. Sep 7, 2018
    Best Spider-Man game ever. Great controls, great story, superb graphics. And the web swinging feels so awesome!

I would rate it a 9, but because of the incoming Xbox idiots I give it a 10.
  60. Sep 7, 2018
    So where to begin for this masterpiece? I guess let's start from the top.

The web swinging is better than it's ever been, even better than Spider-Man Web Of Shadows or Spider-Man 2. You will never get bored of this web swinging because it's so fluid, fast, and dynamic, you've never been given more control in a Spider-Man game I promise you. The graphics are incredible for an open
    So where to begin for this masterpiece? I guess let's start from the top.

The graphics are incredible for an open world game and in my opinion it's the graphics on console to date. God Of War looked fantastic but New York and Spidey have never looked better and you will be mesmerized when swinging around the city and noticing every little detail. FPS never was an issue in the slightest and if anyone says downgrade they need to get their eyes checked immediately.

Combat is possibly it's greatest strength, there has never been such a free will combat system. Much like Batman Arkham series you have total control over your gadgets and move sets, however this game takes it to another level with combo possibilities with your move sets and gadgets that it can be overwhelming in a great way because you're like "Dang I messed that up but man that was AWESOME!". I have found myself in awe of things I am able to do as a long time fan BUT there has never been a more accessible game for newcomers to Spider-Man games.

The open world is alive and ever changing, you could be swinging around and see a crime happen, or you could be walking on the ground with citizens and one motions for you to come interact with them or you could be ambushed out of nowhere by some thugs and citizens will either love you or despise you just like it should be. There are tons of collectibles and side activities and even a Assassin's Creed-esque tower system but it's actually done in a great way and all in all the open world will keep you busy long after the credits roll

The story is engaging and heart felt and Yuri Lowenthal in my opinion is the best Spidey we've ever had! He's so funny and says nerdy things and has cheesy but sometimes awesome one liners, the man is simply Spider-Man from here on in Spider-Man games until someone surpasses him but that's a massive uphill climb guys. The characters in the story Peter interacts with are all unique and wonderfully voice acted and kudos to the Mo-Cappers because this is truly a cinematic marvel.

Finally.. let's talk about the suits and upgrades right? Well it's a little breathtaking, there are many many suits to collect and many upgrades to enhance them with and Spider-Man's upgrade tree makes him simply a terror for the criminals of New York and I love that. You can quickly change suits in just a few seconds and even transfer the unique powers of one suit to another if you so wish to and I love the freedom of that.

In conclusion this is the best Spider-Man game ever made and arguably (Though not for me because I believe it is) the greatest Superhero game ever made. Insomniac has done what many thought was impossible and that is make the Spider-Man game we deserve with all the weight of the movies and all the charm of Peter Parker while capturing the tension and heartbreak that plagues Peter all the time.. but I can say with certainty that it is a journey you must take to experience what it's like to be the hero that in Captain America's own words says is "The best out of all of us".
  61. Sep 7, 2018
    A fantastic effort by insomniac on making the first truly great Spiderman game. I do need to say any more?
  62. Sep 7, 2018
    Absolutely the best Spider-Man game ever made if not the best superhero game ever made.
  63. Sep 7, 2018
    the video game is incredible, is a very good video game, Players in this game will be satisfied
  64. Sep 7, 2018
    The best Spider-Man game I've ever played
    I like the graphics very well
    Boss fights are not bad at all
  65. Sep 11, 2018
    Spider Man est un jeu très soigné, travaillé, propre.
    On sent un véritable effort pour retranscrire tout ce qui fait la saveur d'un Spider Man.
    Le gameplay est bien pensé, ils ont su trouver un juste milieux. J'ai passé d'agréable première heures à me promener sur les toits de New York, a expérimenté tout les aspects des pouvoirs de Spider, ou simplement à progresser dans l'histoire.
    Spider Man est un jeu très soigné, travaillé, propre.
    Le gameplay est bien pensé, ils ont su trouver un juste milieux.

Le scénario n'invente rien, c'est du Marvel, on connait. Alors j'aurai aimé que certain éléments clés du scénario soient mieux amenés, mais globalement, ça fait le taff.

La VF est excellente, de vrai références francophones à gauche à droite, qu'on prend plaisir à écouter et découvrir.

Maintenant, les défauts (et malheureusement, il y en a plusieurs qui posent vraiment problème...):
    - Les caméras.
    Dans un jeu où l'on doit constamment être réactif et super rapide, la caméra pose parfois problème durant les combats et il n'est pas rare de se prendre un coup que l'on ne voit pas arriver à cause d'elles.
    - La difficulté, qui est assez inégale, et parfois vraiment rageante.
    - Les QTE... Rien de plus frustrant que de perdre un combat de boss à cause d'un QTE qu'on n'attend pas à ce moment là.
    - L'OST... J'ai eu l'impression de n'entendre qu'un seul thème tout le long du jeu.
    - Certain boss, qui paraissent quand même bien faibles et ne semblent finalement être là que pour allonger la durée de vie.
    - Les quêtes: très peu originales, et répétitives. Saoulantes, d'autant plus que le jeu nous impose parfois d'en faire pour pouvoir avancer dans l'histoire principale.

En conclusion, un bon jeu à recommander avec quelques défauts pas trop dérangeants mais qui empêche d'en faire le potentielle GOTY que l'on espérait faire de lui.
  66. Sep 7, 2018
    Luckily I received the game a day early and got around 3 hours in before the release day (today). Great fun, beautiful graphics on the pro, and a surprisingly busy New York street awaits you on every swing.

Peters voice actor manages to do a very similar job to the real actor in Spider-Man: Homecoming... Full of humour! At first it's easy to think that this is a button mashing game

At first it's easy to think that this is a button mashing game with no depth... However, play this game on either of the harder difficulties and you soon realise how easy it is to die if you don't carefully calculate your every more. I can imagine there is massive amounts of complexity to your moves/abilities when you are further into the game (if you want it).

I have not done much story yet, more so exploring but I am sooo excited about getting home and playing again tonight!
  67. Sep 7, 2018
    The game looks good and the web swinging is fun once you get the hang of it. Graphically it looked better at E3. Its a fun marvel game for any fan but if you're gonna sit and compare it to the arkham games you will end up being disappointed, judge it for what it is and you'll enjoy this game....was gonna give it an 8 but my girl convinced me its a 9
  68. Sep 7, 2018
    Simply Brilliant, a masterpiece. The Story line is really immersive and gets you hooked in from the first second, the gameplay is top notch, graphics are out of this world and the voice acting is brilliant, certainly a hot candidate for GOTY. Finally a Superhero game that is actually worth the full praise. Strongly recommend it.
  69. Sep 7, 2018
    You can feel Insomniac's dedication and love for the character when you play this game, this is clearly a game made from fans to fans, it is really the best Spider-Man video-game, if not the best Superhero video-game.
  70. Sep 7, 2018
    Это просто лучшая игра о человеке пауке. Больше нечего тут говорить.
  71. Sep 7, 2018
    Amazing game for the Amazing Spider-Man. Bravo, Insomniac and Marvel! Marvel's Spider-Man is great game with large potential.
  72. Sep 7, 2018
    Best superhero game ever. You won't just enjoy the game as spiderman but also live the life of Peter Parker Fluid, fun and fantastic.
  73. Sep 8, 2018
    Best Spider-Man game to date, the web swinging couldn't be anymore perfect, I could literally just swing around the gorgeous Manhattan that Insomniac built for days on end. Combat is fluid, deep and oh so much fun which is an absolute staple from Insomniac games, They took every mechanic from all their past games that was great and improved them 100x over. This game is a 12 out of 10
  74. Sep 7, 2018
    Amazing Spiderman, amazing game! Easily the best game ever concerning our beloved superhero. Totally immersive, breathtaking graphics and action and the story is captivating in every respect. Glad I grabbed the deluxe version!
  75. Sep 7, 2018
    In the muddled history of Spider-Man games there are few that most people will agree are amazing (no pun intended), but rather a mix of games that endeared themselves to some while angering others. This is where Insomniacs entry will break the mold. Anybody who claims this is not a spectacular entry is likely far up their own anal cavity.

That said - there are a couple nagging issues

That said - there are a couple nagging issues that while they do not hamper the overall enjoyment, may be worth noting before taking to the streets as the man of many webs.

1. Combat: Now this isn't an issue with the way combat looks - it's gorgeous and fluent and I love every second. However, the game over-explains many of the combat features early in the game, and does little to reinforce them after, causing a bit of confusion as you quickly encounter large groups of mixed classes. Furthermore, even when combat shines the brightest there is an inherent feeling of "I didn't mean to do that but it looked cool!", basically like you have less control over Spidey then I'd personally like. To compare to Batman, where eventually you could play the timing game so well you'd never be touched (even without gadgets) - to reach that level with Spidey you'll have to become reliant on using gadgets frequently, and more or less smashing the dodge button.

2. Sound: I love the sound, but the problem is the game handles ambient and voice work poorly in many areas, with ambient noise popping in suddenly and loudly, drowning out dialogue. Or that dialogue is so baby soft during the loudest scripted events. Fortunately there are a couple audio options even on console that may help you even this out. All in all sound is incredible, the game just handles volume poorly on the basic setting.

Overall the game is magnificent, few times have I played with such a wide grin on my face the entire time. Insomniac did an amazing job of making the city feel alive, and making your part in the ecosystem feel natural and fluid. This is where it succeeds in spades over the Arkham franchise, because while I love those games too I always felt like I was "playing Batman well", not "I am Batman" as so many would cry.

I........am Spider-Man. 8/10
  76. Sep 7, 2018
    One of the best super hero games I have played. This will be the first game that you want to collect all the PS4 trophies.
  77. Sep 7, 2018
    Fantastic just fantastic, this game is just so damn good please play it if you haven't already done so.
  78. Sep 7, 2018
    Nice to know the the xbots are out here in full force damage controlling the praise this game is getting but at least those who have actually played it are at least going into enough detail to prove they have.

Anyway the game is fantastic as expected from the developer insomniac and their talent as almost everything you would want in a Spiderman game is here from swinging across New York to fighting epic villains. I could go on but the time it would take you to read this could be going towards playing the game.
  79. Sep 7, 2018
    Another fantastic game by the amazing people and talent at insomniac games and Sony interactive entertainment as Spider-Man has final been brought justice in the video game format.
  80. Sep 9, 2018
    I love how XBOX and Nintendo fanboys are trying to low down the score. You're so ridiculous guys.

On the other hand, the game is completely awesome. I played a few a hous and I think that it could be one of this generation must have, just like GOW (PS4), The Witcher III or The Legend Of Zelda BOTW (Switch).
  81. Sep 7, 2018
    The Web-swinging is great and flexible. The combat is fun and intuitive. The story is great with great characters and voice-acting and the boss fights are enjoyable. Best Spiderman game to date by far, amazing job done by Insomniac
  82. Sep 7, 2018
    Everyone who says that this game is bad because the graphics were downgraded forgot that The Last of Us and Bloodborne were downgraded as well, yet they both still became the best Playstation exclusives. Caring about the graphics only is such a retarded opinion. This isn't a movie, it's a game. The Order 1886 is one of the most gorgeous looking games ever made, yet it's still one of theEveryone who says that this game is bad because the graphics were downgraded forgot that The Last of Us and Bloodborne were downgraded as well, yet they both still became the best Playstation exclusives. Caring about the graphics only is such a retarded opinion. This isn't a movie, it's a game. The Order 1886 is one of the most gorgeous looking games ever made, yet it's still one of the worst AAA titles ever made because the graphics don't mean anything if the gameplay and story are crap. Spider-Man PS4 is a masterpiece, better than The Amazing Spider-Man games in EVERY way, no question. It improved the web swinging, the city feels so alive and the story is one of the best Spider-Man stories ever made. Insomniac did deliver what they promised, there is no deny. Expand
  83. Sep 7, 2018
    True masterpiece and best SpiderMan game ever. Combat, story, characters and much more is great. Great candidate for GOTY, and in my opinion this is one of the best generation game.
  84. Sep 7, 2018
    The best Spider-Man game since Spider-man 2, graphics are so good! It's amazing how detailed is the city and Spider-Man animations are just in another level, Gorgeous game!
  85. Sep 7, 2018
    only just got access to the game so eager to get really into it. However, even at this early stage I cannot believe how it has reviews of zero. Really? Then I spent a bit of time looking into these reviewers other review scores. They are either new accounts with only one review or seem to rate every game they play as 0-4. They seem to just want to hate.... As such, im giving it a 10 toonly just got access to the game so eager to get really into it. However, even at this early stage I cannot believe how it has reviews of zero. Really? Then I spent a bit of time looking into these reviewers other review scores. They are either new accounts with only one review or seem to rate every game they play as 0-4. They seem to just want to hate.... As such, im giving it a 10 to combat these idiots. Expand
  86. Sep 7, 2018
    The best Spider Man game ever. I love it, its really beutiful. Only one dissapointmet is New York - i think it too plastic
  87. Sep 7, 2018
    As I started playing, I felt like a superhero and sometimes like a child!
    This game made with a huge love to the Spider Man character and universe. Some moments makes you laugh, some moments made you cry (because of the cuteness!). It is the best superhero game and one of the most beautiful game on this generation of consoles!
  88. Sep 7, 2018
    The best amazing Spiderman game, swinging is the best,graphics,smooth gameplay....a true movie in our hands
  89. Sep 7, 2018
    This game is amazing. Graphics are beautiful. The gameplay is fantastic and smooth. The people who gave it a 0, are xboxers or even do not a console to play it. Marvel’s Spider-Man is a must have, and a GOTY contender.
  90. Sep 7, 2018
    Это лучшая про Человека-Паука, интересный сюжет, хорошая боевка, рекомендую всем)
  91. Sep 9, 2018
    I've just finished this game over a near non stop 3 day period. I took my time with this game and made sure I balanced story with the collectibles and side missions. I've just finished the story and got the last secret landmark as well as the platinum trophy and that's saying something because in my 8 years in owning a ps3 and ps4 I've never platinumed a game. But this game made me want toI've just finished this game over a near non stop 3 day period. I took my time with this game and made sure I balanced story with the collectibles and side missions. I've just finished the story and got the last secret landmark as well as the platinum trophy and that's saying something because in my 8 years in owning a ps3 and ps4 I've never platinumed a game. But this game made me want to keep exploring and keep fighting and I have to say its one of the greatest games I've ever played. I was consistently entertained from beginning to end. It never felt boring or slow and the story was fantastic and emotional. It didn't need to be this good but I can safely say it's up there with the other great exclusives.

The combat was fast and never too complicated but always a challenge and each and every gadget felt useful. Stringing combos and using gadgets at the right time was so satisfying.

Traversing NY was a blast. A little slow at first but eventually after getting the hang of it I was swinging like the best of them. I only used the subway for the trophy. Connecting swinging with point launching and wall running was super cool and streamlined just enough.

The story and characters were wonderful and extremely well acted. Yuri Lowenthall and Laura Bailey have outdone themselves and they are not just another Peter Parker and MJ. The supporting characters and the main villain do a great job too. The civilians are also well acted though their voices get repetitive due to only a few actors voicing them.

It's held back from perfection by a few bugs. Nothing game breaking but distracting. I got trapped in walls at one point, sometimes enemies would get trapped and mechanics that were supposed to work just wouldn't. The controls are tight but also not perfect. They work but expect to accidentally tly target the wrong enemy or run up the wrong wall.

This is a must play and while it achieves the greatness it advertises it misses the perfect score by a hairs breadth due to distracting bugs and control issues.

9.5/10
  92. Sep 9, 2018
    This game is phenomenal having an expireinced Peter the slinging it amazing doc if is oddly lovable
    It’s amazing 1 point removed for being exclusive to the ps4 everyone should get to play this game even on Xbox I understand the switch though it’s to weak
  93. Sep 10, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The new Spider-Man game is a great example on how to make a superhero game right. The gameplay is fluent and fun. It's rare that I would rather go to the next objective manually instead of fast travel but in this game the travel is the most fun part. The web slinging is very responsive and satisfying. Combat is fun and innovative and it's great because you can handle the situation in many different ways. Ether play it safely and sneakily take down people or just go all out mayhem. You also get many different gadgets, skills and suits to mix things up and it's done perfectly. The story and the characters are also great. Many of Spider-Man's most known villains return such as: the vulture, shocker, rhino, electro, Scorpio, Doctor octopus and Mister Negative. The game also give's you alternative missions where you play as MJ and Miles. These mission's revolve around sneaking around and gathering information. The game looks stunning and plays well, I have not encountered any crashes on my playthrough. The only negative part that I can currently say is that the camera can sometimes be a bit wonky and sometimes the MJ/Miles missions can slow down the pace of the game but it isn't that bad considering everything else about this game that is so great. If you are a ps4 owner and have even a passing interest in Marvel or Spider-Man then you owe it to yourself to get this game. It is an experience that is best described as fun and satisfying. Expand
  94. Sep 10, 2018
    It is an incredible game, the plot is at its height, the flights on the cobweb are beautiful, also a great fight, every fight is fun, the characters are worked out perfectly. Very beautiful open world. Interesting side quests, some of which show characters that did not appear in the storyline. On the map there are interesting activities, Peter's backpacks, which reveal the past of the hero.
  95. Sep 10, 2018
    Excelente juego. Muy buena historia. Recomendable para todos los fanaticos de spiderman. Primera vez que se le hace justicia al villano mas inteligente.
    La jugabilidad es genial, el mejor juego de spiderman de la historia. Es cierto que no innova demasiado salvo en graficos y presentacion de enemigos y amigos, pero es un juego que no sorprende ya que se hicieron muchos juegos parecidos. De todas maneras espero con ansias la segunda parte, ya que claramente esto esta hecho para la secuela.
    Muy buen trabajo Sony e Insomniac
  96. Sep 10, 2018
    The game is not necessarily a perfect 10 (more like a 9.5), but due to the unfounded 0 star reviews I felt that I should give it some justice to make the score what it really is.

This has been a great experience so far. I have not been able to stop playing it since I got it, and I tend to get bored really quickly if a game is not truly engaging. The visuals are spectacular, the story

The visuals are spectacular, the story line is engaging and frequently funny, and side missions have enough variety to keep you wanting to look around for more.
  97. Sep 11, 2018
    I have to say that I didn't expected new Spider Man will be the game worth to play. After blow minding Batman Arkham experience from Rocksteady I was little bit concerned about new beginning of Spinder Man universe in gaming industry. That was caused about small experience by Insomniac games also. Sunset Overdrive was awesome but, let me get straight, games abot Marvel and DC heroes it'sI have to say that I didn't expected new Spider Man will be the game worth to play. After blow minding Batman Arkham experience from Rocksteady I was little bit concerned about new beginning of Spinder Man universe in gaming industry. That was caused about small experience by Insomniac games also. Sunset Overdrive was awesome but, let me get straight, games abot Marvel and DC heroes it's absolutely the top league.

And after all the day of the redemption finally came!

My doubt were compleately unjustifed. The game is simply wonderful. The plot renders the specific of Spidey very well. This is the same sneaky and funny guy we all knew from the comic line. Sinister Six really get handle! And my favourite Shocker is so fantastically designed! (very similiar to the Spidey PS2 game from 2004).

Gameplay? Oh my god... It's simply stunning! When you tasting it you're thinking: Is that game really need anything else? It's so simply and juicy experience which makes everyone relief. Spidey is very agile thanks to we can make incredible things through the New York surroundings.

Some whining about the side missions but c'mon people, this is not RPG! It's action game! In it all meaning itself. Talks about them no one allude about perfectly implemented easter eggs which makes every fan of Marvel universe dizzy. There are plenty of them!

Insomniac made a fair work in the optimization also. The diffrence between PS4 PRO and normal PS4 it's only the graphics. In the both version the game works smoth as well.

I'm Spidey fan from a long, long time and this game is crowning my life adventure through the Marvel best character in history.

98. Sep 13, 2018
    Я, конечно, дико извиняюсь, но как этот пажилой SPIDER MEN в плане сэкса, мм? Не брикается? Да, не брикается.
  99. Sep 11, 2018
    This game amazed me with the amount of details and attention. Story has short and bold arcs, evolution of the charters and believable connections between them. Voice acting and animations are cutting edge, while open-world activities are bit plain at parts, but still provide a lot of fun and participate in overall storytelling.

I could speak of the things I loved about this game for

I could speak of the things I loved about this game for hours, while not much about things I didn't. Hence 10/10.
  100. Sep 10, 2018
    A fantastic game I really enjoyed playing the story mode and getting all the outfits. Even after you beat the game there is still other stuff to do such as side missions crime on the street. In my free time in the game I enjoy webbslinging around the city doing tricks. I rate this game a 10 out of 10

1. Oct 5, 2018
    It’s more than enough that Spider-Man’s mechanics are so smooth and exhilarating that I was actively seeking out new excuses to partake in them, even when there was repetition in the actual tasks. In so thoroughly capturing what it’s like to be this character, Insomniac hasn’t simply made a great Spider-Man game, but the great Spider-Man game. I’m glad that Activision lost the license.
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 4, 2018
    A gorgeous, superbly slick sandbox that's always a delight to swing through. Pity about the script. [Nov 2018, p.62]
  3. games(TM)
    Oct 4, 2018
    Everything you can do here is positioned to celebrate Spider-Man's abilities, and that means everything you can do makes you feel like Spider-Man. [Issue#205, p.69]