7.6

1. Dec 13, 2018
    If you enjoy games like XCOM or Divinity this is for you. I bought this game because this genre is one of my favourites and the game play drew me in. I was then pleasantly surprised by the quality of the story, They do a great job of immersing you into their world, with clues spread throughout the game to help you understand what happened to the people that came before. i would suggest toIf you enjoy games like XCOM or Divinity this is for you. I bought this game because this genre is one of my favourites and the game play drew me in. I was then pleasantly surprised by the quality of the story, They do a great job of immersing you into their world, with clues spread throughout the game to help you understand what happened to the people that came before. i would suggest to get the most out of the game to play it on the hardest difficulty, it really made me think through my encounters and was a much more rewarding experience. the only down side is its length but the price point fairly reflects that. Expand
  2. Dec 16, 2018
    Excellent game, a good mix of exploration and tactical shooter. Love the characters and dialogue. Only got 9/10 as there’s no co-op (yet?) Definitely reccomend this soon to be classic.
  3. Dec 4, 2018
    Great turn based game with awesome humor. Only negative is that the game could be a little longer.
  4. Dec 4, 2018
    Unfortunately what the game gets right in game play and a fair pricepoint can't totally make up for the injustice that have transpired here. Bearded Ladies cast human actors to play the pig and duck, when there were suitable animal actors available. Minus 2 for social injustice.
  5. Apr 15, 2019
    This game is a hidden-gem. It is an AMAZING tactical-RPG, similar to games like X-COM. Tough but satisfying, once you get the hang of it. But it's never unfair; the game gives you everything you need to master it: the right skills, weapons, upgrades. And expects you to dedicate some time to learn it: the enemies, how they move, how they behave, their weaknesses. Once the whole picture isThis game is a hidden-gem. It is an AMAZING tactical-RPG, similar to games like X-COM. Tough but satisfying, once you get the hang of it. But it's never unfair; the game gives you everything you need to master it: the right skills, weapons, upgrades. And expects you to dedicate some time to learn it: the enemies, how they move, how they behave, their weaknesses. Once the whole picture is clear it just CLICKS and you won't be able to put it down.

The setting is super cool, where mutant scavengers fight for survival while searching for clues and answers about the chaotic world they live in. The characters have charm, there is some funny banter here and there, the artwork is beautiful, and each zone brings something new - maybe a new, tough enemy, maybe just some change in the scenery, like dilapidated churches, marinas, graveyards and stores of what once was the civilization. It's an ugly, yet gorgeous game.

Hands down, one of the best indie titles I have played in a while.
  6. Dec 18, 2018
    This game is fantastic. If you enjoy turn based strategy you should really give this game a try. It stands out from many other turn based games by pushing stealth and scouting locations to the forefront. Many reviews are saying this game is "too hard" and dropping the scores for that reason. I think players are finding it too hard because they are just trying to play every encounter likeThis game is fantastic. If you enjoy turn based strategy you should really give this game a try. It stands out from many other turn based games by pushing stealth and scouting locations to the forefront. Many reviews are saying this game is "too hard" and dropping the scores for that reason. I think players are finding it too hard because they are just trying to play every encounter like a Mario + Rabbids or XCOM. You really need to scout the locations and try to pick off single enemies silently THEN take on the groups you can't kill silently. Also you don't HAVE to kill everyone right away. If there is a group of bad guys that you can't take out right now just sneak around them and come back for them later. (You'll want to come back later to make sure you find all the items and loot littered around the environments.
    The ONLY reasons i'm not giving this game a perfect score are:
    It was too short. (I'm playing again on HARD mode to get more time with the title though)
    It DOES have a few bugs here and there but none that actually affected game play or broke anything.
    Please don't sleep on this tittle. If you think you might like it throw the team some money and give it a try. ($35 )
  7. Jan 19, 2019
    It's a long time ago i even wrote a review about a game but i needed to write one now! The trailer peaked my interest somewhat time ago, and i must say (i just started the game) i felt the need to write even just after buying and starting. If you indeed want Turn based strategy/story games (Jagged Alliance, Gorky 17 and more recent xcom 1&2) BUY THIS ONE. From other reviews read it wasIt's a long time ago i even wrote a review about a game but i needed to write one now! The trailer peaked my interest somewhat time ago, and i must say (i just started the game) i felt the need to write even just after buying and starting. If you indeed want Turn based strategy/story games (Jagged Alliance, Gorky 17 and more recent xcom 1&2) BUY THIS ONE. From other reviews read it was short so hopefully they bring out more DLC!

Graphics : very good
    Voices : very good
    Gameplay : very good

Only because of "hear say" short campain i give a 9 otherwise a definate 10
  8. Aug 6, 2019
    This game is perfect! I like everything! sound, graphics, story, gameplay - everything!
  9. Dec 9, 2018
    Just have finished the game. It is great! Art is amazing, one of the best and funny characters ever. Great texts. But the main thing - it's atmosphere, you really enjoy the journey & exploring. Game is short and no replayability, so I can't recommend it to everyone because of price, but for me is one of the best games for last few years.

To be objective, some cons: - The only way win

To be objective, some cons:
    - The only way win the battle on hard mode is exploiting save/load (interesting tactic battles is not about this game)
    - Stealth is very interesting feature, but why enemy always spot me even if I'm behind his back?
    - No way to earn extra cash so I can't buy more medkits and win the battle with healing instead of save/load
    - Actually just kick off the one who was responsible for battle balance & mechanics - battle balance as bad as good the art
    - Super easy fix the game: just let sell unused grenades & mods
  10. Dec 19, 2018
    I am a massive lover of X-Coms gameplay, but the story never clicked with me. Mutant Year Zero is very much the same X-Com gameplay with a story and characters with personality. I loved the characters, design, gameplay, and story progression. It is an incredibly difficult game as well but due to its limited length that didn't bother me.

Also, its priced to sell at USD 35.00 which

Also, its priced to sell at USD 35.00 which reflects the contents of the game spectacularly. Big publishers could learn a thing or two from this game. If you release a game with limited modes and content give us a fair price point with the option of paid DLC, not USD 60.00 and then if you want a mode it is locked behind a pay wall or "season pass".

TL: DR

PROS
    • Great Story
    • Interesting Characters
    • Addictive Gameplay
    • Beautiful Artwork
    • Priced to Sell
    • Lots of room for additional content

CONS
    • Short Campaign
    • Can be overly tricky at first (especially regarding med kits)
  11. Jun 19, 2019
    I loved Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden. It was awesome I love the mechanics and how the graphics look as well, awesome job guys!

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 27, 2019
    A must for genre lovers. [Issue#158, p.87]
    A promising twist on turn-based strategy games, Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is more than the sum of its parts. The addition of stealth and ambush mechanics to the familiar turn-based strategy formula, forces the player to think about their approach to combat in a new way. This "Tactical Adventure" is definitely worth the journey.
  3. Jan 6, 2019
    A refreshing experience for those who wants a tactical game set in a well-polished universe with interesting scenario and well written characters. Sadly, the user interface is limited and the fights sometimes look a bit sloppy, lacking of clarity and balance.