3.8

1. Apr 16, 2019
    Feels like they bought a unreal engine 4 map design and added some one piece character on top of it..
    No voice acting, stiff and shallow gameplay and a high cost price for the game.. no no no, it's like it was made by people who don't even play video games.
  2. Mar 26, 2019
    This is not a AAA title. It is however fun to play.
    Openworld to explore isn't huge or over populated but it somehow works perfectly.
    Do not let the review scores scare you off if this is your type of game. I have never followed the series but the story was easy to follow for a new comer. I can see there is a fair amount of lore for the hardcore fans but didn't affect my immersion into
    This is not a AAA title. It is however fun to play.
    Do not let the review scores scare you off if this is your type of game.
    I have never followed the series but the story was easy to follow for a new comer. I can see there is a fair amount of lore for the hardcore fans but didn't affect my immersion into the plotline. English subtitles.

If you like openworld games its worth a try.
  3. Apr 2, 2019
    This game is a good idea but had poor execution. Giving fans an open world One Piece game is a great idea but the open world feels so lifeless and empty that it is kind of boring. I wish they would have given us a way to sail to other islands by using the Thousand Sunny and letting us have ship combat with navy or other pirate ships.

The missions and combat are really repetitive and the

The missions and combat are really repetitive and the enemy AI doesn't seem to do much but take their beatings, which consisted of me just mashing 1 button.

The bosses don't fare any better as they really require no strategy other than block their attacks, then counter with your own, repeat steps til the boss' health is depleted.

Luffy's crew are reduced to a support cast that either offer cooking or crafting and the rest are either seen just standing around or in cutscenes. They are not playable or able to join you on any of your missions.

The only pros I can think of are the way you travel the map is fun, the skill tree is a good way to reward progress, and the story is really interesting. This is a half decent One Piece game but needed some more polishing before release.
  4. Mar 15, 2019
    Not good for a One Piece game. And the open world is just lifeless and didn't look like from One Piece world. This game is just a generic open world with a title One Piece in it.
  5. Mar 18, 2019
    While the game is fun as a fan, the game is definitely lacking in some areas. Some issues I've found are:
    1) The camera is a bit too close. For an open world game, the camera should be moved back just a little bit or give the ability to move the camera closer/farther
    2) Combat is lacking. The fighting mechanics are clunky and the dodging is pretty bad. When going up against a guy with a machine gun, dodging is useless in the beginning because you get sort of "stunned" which results in you getting stuck in a flurry of bullets that drain your health bar like crazy. There's no way out of that attack once it hits.
    3) Movement is bad. You can't turn Luffy slightly to the left or right without him taking 2 steps. This makes getting in front of things you interact with, like treasure chests, difficult.
    4) It's advised you need to sneak around in some areas but Luffy doesn't sneak and you can't do anything like make him crouch to sneak so it's almost pointless.
    5) if there is anything you have to take a longer time to interact with, like treasure chests and certain doors, the button you need to hold takes too long. It takes a good 5-6 seconds to complete the interaction when it should be less.

It's still fun to run around as Luffy exploring the world, but this is not a game that I'd go back to once it's completed.
  6. Mar 16, 2019
    It's a good game, just not a good One Piece game.
    Think of it as the anime equivalent of 'Banjokazooie Nuts&Bolts', without the pedigree it'd be fine but the name makes fans expect something good-- and fans are hardest to please.

1. Apr 30, 2019
    One Piece: World Seeker is lacking in so many areas. It may be lovely to look at, but an overall shallow and repetitive experience take away any semblance of joy fans are likely to find.
  2. Apr 27, 2019
    Far from being a bad game, One Piece: World Seeker sticks to the fundamentals but never tries to transcend them. Devoid of originality, the title looks like a basic open world on which have been grafted characters from the manga. The title clearly lacks ideas to renew the gameplay, coupled with an overall lack of soul, the result crumbles against the competition.
  3. Apr 12, 2019
    One Piece is an anime/manga franchise that deserves a game that would blow everyone's mind. That's why when you get a mediocre title, it hurts so bad. Enjoyable storyline, graphics and open world, simply were not enough to turn this disappointment into an experience worth a recommendation. But if you are not a demanding player, there are a few things you could still like here.