7.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Mar 24, 2015
    Raid mode is great fun! Seriously. Just paying 24.99 for the raid mode is worth it alone...
    The story is good as well. It has some big plot twists and interesting characters. Worth every penny in my opinion although it does lack in some areas of a resident evil game. Only paying 24.99 for this game I didn't really expect a resident evil 4 quality story either though.
    Definitly a buy!

Definitly a buy! Especially if you have a friend to play split screen raid mode with.
  2. Mar 24, 2015
    The fluid combat of 4/5 - each shot meaningful, staggering/disabling/stunning with accuracy - have returned and although it's not retained a few positive mechanical improvements of 6 (e.g. diving, sliding, quick-shot), it's restored CQC to not be excessive at detriment of the overall experience. Revelations 2 continues the Resident Evil storyline with camp dialogue and an b-movie plot,The fluid combat of 4/5 - each shot meaningful, staggering/disabling/stunning with accuracy - have returned and although it's not retained a few positive mechanical improvements of 6 (e.g. diving, sliding, quick-shot), it's restored CQC to not be excessive at detriment of the overall experience. Revelations 2 continues the Resident Evil storyline with camp dialogue and an b-movie plot, nothing bombastic or pretentious as either 5 or 6, and although it doesn't have the grace of Code Veronica, it certainly has an equal appeal as a scenario: a desolate island hosting subjects to experience their worst fears in the machinations of a bioweapon fare.

Environment design is an improvement to the drab nature of 5 or the insipid details of 6, exploring a mine which isn't chainlinked tunnels and a wooded area that has enemies as unpredictable in their location through the disorientation of dense treelines. The fundamental underground laboratory has returned, a monolith of a tower that's foreboding on the island, radio towers as hope, a self-destruct timer as a classic feature and a memorable cliffside battle - all setpieces to combine for a distinct Resident Evil experience which is not limited to dull plateau or repetitively undescript corridors.

Main characters are designed well - principal negative being a little derivative from TLOU's bland style - and their animations are smooth. Additionally, mobility of movement has reintroduced the tactical element of 4/5, positioning, and subsequent movement, integral for any battle - moving whilst shooting weak in pace for this to be less negative for this factor - whilst a new dodge function - substituting either diving or invincibility from item pick-ups - embellishes the intensity of gameplay: powerfully tactical, worryingly precise and scarily intense.

Monster bosses are fantastic, notably Neil Fisher's 'metamorphosis' and the final boss, as ever - animations responsive to attacks, move sets reasonable (forgiving a few instant death moments which are not fair/balanced) and health/damage balanced. They're aesthetically intriguing and each have backstories to not be hollow. Furthermore, bosses - designed to look creepy as they are fearsome - are interesting as ever, movement and shots requiring a certain tactical acumen which create a tense situation.

The flaws (i.e. interface and characters mainly):

1 - Blind & Dying alignment - unbalanced and an annoyance. It is a frustration - incapable of clear visuals momentarily - and when combined with the cumbersome changes to the health system for recovery, it's increasingly an annoyance along with being a frustrating experience.

2 - Bottles, Bottles, Bottles. Cloth, disinfectant, alcohol. The processes are repetitive and the crafting is distracting for the experience to lose a certain flow. Where are grenades which were beautiful for AOE damage aesthetically and also logical in appearance/availability/applications (e.g. incendiary, flash, explosive)? Grenade launchers - staple of Resident Evil? What is with the clutter of different health items for a myriad of states? Complexity is not inherently positive.

3 - Vapid characters with the exception of Neil Fisher and the main cast (but Barry's daughter). Their costumes are dull and their mannerisms are worse - they have nothing distinctive as Raymond in Revelations as one instance. A few are unlocked in Raid Mode and it's unlikely for anyone to be play them whilst they have neither charisma to personality/actions or individuality in appearance - fundamentally flawed as 'choices' which are (literally) pedestrian.

4 - Poor weapon customization and weak ability modifiers. The ability/weapon enhancements are superfluous overall, sometimes magical to have the characters as riduculous, and are not addictive/personalised as 4/5; customization or character differences seldom significant and occasionally absurd, cheap innate differentials for power in health or damage with Y as examples. The system in Raid Mode is overly open, too, and specialization is less prominent for each character to have them each feel less unique in their traits or advantages.

Incidentally, Raid Mode returns and it is absolutely great - progressively difficult and varied: a primary feature of Revelations 2 which should persuade anyone to purchase it. The combat is demonstrated as flawless - blind state withstanding along with dubious specializaion- and the content is immense.

Co-op campaign is nice as a compromise from both characters being strong and the secondary character having a speciality - lacking any weapons - which does balance well: establishing a fun, interactive dynamic for teamwork with ascertaining enemy vulnerabilities, distracting the enemy, blinding them and locating items.

Finally: HUNTERS! HUNK! These are excellent and I am excited for further enemies/weapons/costumes in DLC to broaden the experience to Outbreak's level.
  3. Apr 28, 2015
    Resident Evil Revalations 2 may seem as a "triumphant" return to the series root but in reallity is just one of the many half-baked attempts from Capcom to disguise a very simple shooter as a survival horror game with unnecesary mechanics that just accentuate this game issues.

For startes Co-op in a horror game does not work, period. All the isolation and sense of helplessness is lost if you have either a player or IA on your side and it does not help that the Co-op is terrible.

There are 2 main stories: Claire and Barry and each one has a partner, while playing as Claire you are joined by Moira Burton and unlike previous entries the characters play differently wich would be great if the secondary chacters abilities made some kind of sense.

Claire is your typical RE character, she can carry guns and execute melee attacks when prompted, Moira on the other hand can't use guns, her only method of attack is with a large iron bar and her "special" ability is being able to execute monsters/zombies with it while they are stuned in the ground. So Claire can carry guns, but does not know how to stomp a enemy's head or use a iron bar? Even worse when Claire is finally upgraded she can execute them herself making Moria even more worthless and turning her into a walking prop.

Even worse is Barry's partner wich is some random girl that acts like a radar, allowing you to see special enemies, and that'sit she can't even defend herself making her an Ashley 2.0, why not having an in game radar instead of a useless character that virtually serves no propurse whatsoever.

Because of that actual Co-op with a friend is practically imposible, If one player chooses Claire the other one is just a pack mule, away from the action ocassionaly killing some enemies, and with Barry well the other player does nothing at all.

The two player mechaninc does not even work that well while playing by yourself Instead of having one capable character from the get-go you are forced to change to another for insignificant tasks.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is just more of the same bland RE, wich fails to deliver a horror experience as well as a Co-op one.
  4. Oct 19, 2015
    Overall, Revelations 2 is a step backwards in horror and story. It continues it's unnecessary "Previously on Revelations" prologues, forces you to switch characters during playthrough, excludes an online campaign which clearly could have been there, and just tries to become a Resident Evil 4 clone without quick time events and upgrading weapons. Level designs have also become linear.Overall, Revelations 2 is a step backwards in horror and story. It continues it's unnecessary "Previously on Revelations" prologues, forces you to switch characters during playthrough, excludes an online campaign which clearly could have been there, and just tries to become a Resident Evil 4 clone without quick time events and upgrading weapons. Level designs have also become linear.

However, it does have interesting characters. It has an improved dodge feature. The graphics look freaking amazing. The voice acting is superb. Combat in comparison to the first Revelations has improved despite melee attacks lacking variety. The weapons are fairly balanced even if Raid gives you too much magnum ammo. The greatest part is it's value -- only $25-$35 dollars for the full game depending on region, in comparison to Revelation's $60 value on PS3 at release. And Revelations 2 takes longer to complete!

Many things could be improved, but Revelations 2 is an accepted sequel to the series.
  5. May 22, 2016
    After initially being turned off and instantly dissapointed because I felt like this game was too "actiony" I gave it another chance because my options were limited in survival horror. (basically played past 1 hour).
    If you rely on your first hour of the game, like me, you will MISS OUT!!!
    If you rely on your first hour of the game, like me, you will MISS OUT!!!

I'm a classic RE fan(1-3). And I am hard to please in this regard but I must say the atmosphere and the story/plot was nicely delivered. It was suspenseful and I felt it captured the whole "conspiracy" element the original titles had.

This was my favorite game on PS4 honestly. I was shocked that it was that good for me.
  6. Apr 5, 2016
    The Revelations sub-licence of Resident Evil is a nice initiative from Capcom after the critics on Resident Evil 6 full action's orientation, with more horrific games (even if they can't be qualified as true survivor games). Now that this it said let's talk more specifically about the game.

Technically speaking the game is not one of the best you can see on PS4 with graphics that clearly suffers from the PS3/360 version, a very strong aliasing and some frame drops here and there, it gets a pass because the game wasn't price at a 70€/$ ratio so the expectations aren't the same.

Concerning the gameplay like Revelations 1 it's somewhere between Resident Evil 4 and 5 with good horror settings (some places are really creepy) and nice enemies) with a strong emphasis on coop gameplay but with enough ammo to kill the whole island 3 times, I would prefer it if the ammo was truly valuable but it's not bad in itself and some players will like it.

Concerning the story this is Resident Evil at its core, with a cheesy plot about bio-weapons, nice bosses, the fans of the licence will enjoy some reference and loved characters (with new nice one). The story is about 10 hours long plus the time you can spent in Raid Mode and the game has a very good lifetime for its price.

In conclusion Revelations 2 is a nice horror game particularly if you play with a friend (in both the campaign and raid mode) with good value for money, but with the bare minimum technical qualities you'd expect from a PS4 game and a gameplay without surprise that will still piss off some early fans.
  7. Mar 24, 2015
    This game is kind of a "standard one" but the story is good enough to keep you playing it till the end and the raid mode provide tons of fun for a considerable amount of time.
    Even if it is not the best R.E. so far, its fair price and the solid shooting mechanics make this game a worth purchasing to do.
  8. Nov 6, 2015
    It's a great game. Fans asked to the return to old Resident Evil with modern controls and implemented mechanics from games such as Last of Us -- and there you have it, that's exactly what this game is. It's fun, the challenges are fun, the raid mode is fun. This game is all in all a fun time, with friends or without.
  9. Dec 9, 2015
    Been a big Resident evil fan since the first game. I loved them all and even found 4 really good. But 5 really disappointed me and 6 was just terrible in my eyes. They were action games with too many quick time events and over the top cinematic's. Revelations 2 really surprised me.

I felt it had a similar feel to Resident evil 4 in many ways. The creepy atmosphere is there, I had a good few jump scares, ammo was scarce and needed to be used wisely. I loved the Characters in the game. No over the top action heroes. They felt like real people. The Only negative for me is the lack of puzzles.

Raid mode is also a blast and makes the value for money even better. Highly recommend this to anyone who enjoyed resident evil 4. It's not old school, But its a damn good modern Horror game.
  10. Nov 4, 2016
    The Resident Evil series is going back to its horror roots for the next installment. I have been looking forward to its release personally and I am quite happy that it is heading into that bold new direction. I decided to play Resident Evil: Revelations 2 hearing that it was made by the same producer as the one who will making Resident Evil 7 coming out January 2017. I had a lot of funThe Resident Evil series is going back to its horror roots for the next installment. I have been looking forward to its release personally and I am quite happy that it is heading into that bold new direction. I decided to play Resident Evil: Revelations 2 hearing that it was made by the same producer as the one who will making Resident Evil 7 coming out January 2017. I had a lot of fun playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2 but I can’t help but notice that it appears to feel more like a transition piece for the series rather than a complete experience. I feel that since Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is a spinoff I will not judge it the same way as I would for a main installment.

Revelations 2 presentation is a mixed bag. The game's cutscenes and menus are visually beautiful and present quite well. Revelations 2 suffers from bad slow load times and lackluster graphics during gameplay. The engine Revelations 2 uses needs to be phased out. The engine is now beginning to show its age. The character models are less than satisfactory and have a cartoony anime look to them.The game's environments are also redundant and unoriginal. The game feels like you are playing the lab section at the end of every Resident Evil game the entire time. The environments also seem to repeat the same textures and props and the same red lightning. There are though rare moments when a varied environment which I enjoyed was introduced but they feel too short compared to the majority of the time spent in bland lab hallways. The game also suffers from blurry textures, graphical glitches and long load times. Enemies are also uninspired and unoriginal and are by far the most unoriginal monsters in the entire series. The game features the same humanoid generic zombie enemies, pyramid head( Silent Hill 2) knockoffs, dogs, regenerator(from RE4) ripoffs. I am happy to know that Capcom has decided to phase out the engine and replace it with the new RE engine for the upcoming Resident Evil 7 and it sure does look beautiful in a gruesome way of course!

Revelations 2 has experimented with an episodic television show format. I personally do not like this format because it takes away my immersion and pulls me out of the game. I hope that Capcom either drops this format or only uses it for the Revelation series of spinoffs.

I feel that Resident Evil: Revelations 2 has more atmosphere than the recent more action heavy installments but is still lacking in the games dull environments and uninspired enemies.

Gameplay wise Resident Evil: Revelations 2 has a lot to bring to the table. The gameplay feels much more like a survival horror game compared to the recent action focused entries. The game now features real time inventory management which helps add to the game’s tension. The game also features co-op which has featured in the past two main installments. I like that each character has their own special abilities that help change up the gameplay. Each of the game’s episodes is broken into two halves one you play as the characters Claire and Moira and the other half you play as Barry and Natalia. The partner AI is overall competent but not amazing and it is quite annoying that you have to use an upgrade to make them even fight when you are not controlling them. I feel that co-op is unneeded for this game and greatly takes away from the game’s scares. I think that the series should finally do away with co-op. Herbs have also returned in this installment and are well implemented. Herbs have to made in real time and this greatly adds to the tension. The crafting system newly implemented in this game also helps add to the survival element allowing the player to create helpful items on the spot. I liked the fact the game gave you multiple approaches to dealing with enemies. Puzzles have returned with gusto in this installment and are much better than previous entries. These puzzles are more hands on and allow the player to think and engage with the game. They help mellow down the action and the give the player some thinking time. The game also has a side mode called “Raid” which is like the previous games “Mercenary Mode” introduced early in the series. I found the mode fun and enjoyable but I found it an unneeded feature. If they removed this mode I believe they would have had more time to improve the game as whole. The game features many types of weapons that do not belong in a survival horror games such as automatic weapons and heavy explosives. I can see that the game is transitioning to becoming a survival horror game but it still hasn’t made the full proper conversion.

Resident Evil games have never been known for their story. Revelations 2 by far definitely doesn’t tell an amazing story by any stretch of the imagination but tells a good one for a Resident Evil game. The game stars Claire Redfield, Moira Burton, Barry Burton, and Natalia. Claire works for Terrasave an organization that provides aid to victims of bioterrorism. She is kidnapped along with Moira Burton, daughter of a series favorite, Barry Burton. They are both trapped on a mysterious island along with some of her colleges at Terrasave. They are trapped on the island and are being experimented by the malevolent overseer. One thing I did like a lot in the story is the fact that the main villain is obsessed with Franz Kafka and how each episode is named after a story by him. You also get to play as Barry who six months later is looking for his daughter and a mysterious girl he finds on the island named Natalia. I found the characters likeable and enjoyable and of course a little cheesy like all Resident Evil Characters. They are always spouted those classic one liners. I found the story at times a little to hokey and James Bond themed than a true horror story. The story this game lacks fear and horror. I also thought they could have gone farther with the Franz Kafka references and make the story more horrific, oppressive and bizarre along with the game's atmosphere to do justice to Kafka’s books. I enjoy Resident Evil’s cheesy characters but I feel that it is time that they start making their stories a little less silly and action themed. When the seventh installment comes out since they are going for a horror style they should ditch these characters and silly stories.

The one question you may be asking is did you find it scary?

The answer is no I did not. The game's boring enemies, silly story and characters made me not scared in the least.

Overall I found Resident Evil: Revelations 2 a good but flawed game. I feel this game is confused with its identity as have been the past two games. I found Revelations 2 a very fun spinoff for the series and I would recommend it. For a game from 2015 it is quite cheap and if you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber you can play the first episode for free. For the sevenths installment I hope that it learns from the previous games and drops the goofy anime characters, comic book plots and replaces it with characters suited for the horror genre. I want it to tell a scary morbid tale with realistic visuals and survival gameplay designed for exploration and hiding from enemies over bombastic combat. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is not the answer to returning the series to its survival horror roots. I hope that Resident Evil 7 is able to learn from Revelation 2’s mistakes and focusses more on the horror aspect than survival aspect the other have been focussing on since 2005.

6/10: Above average
  11. Mar 23, 2015
    RE: Revelation 2 is a pretty interesting effort from Capcom to get back to live the RE franchise by developing an interesting story and characters and providing a smooth game play mechanics.
    The only flaw on this game is the quality of the graphics and the soundtrack in some scenarios.
    Overall rate: 8/10 Graphics: 6/10 This is one of weakest elements of this game. The graphics are
    Overall rate: 8/10

Graphics: 6/10
    This is one of weakest elements of this game. The graphics are not bad but could have been much better considering the PS4 capabilities.

Game play: 8/10
    Game play is very smooth and intuitive. Shooting is very fun, as well as the possibility to change characters and adopt their skills/equipment depending on what the current situation in the game requires. However further optimization on your partner's AI is needed (when playing alone).

Story: 9/10
    Story is interesting and is building up the suspense pretty good, additionally I love the fact they reference many quotes of Franz Kafka. Characters are pretty interesting and lovely in case of Natalia (she definitely steals the show with her charisma and voice personification).

Atmosphere: 8/10
    Atmosphere could have been better, there are a lot of interesting settings and bizarre enemies, however the music was not matching the environment in most of the times (specially during the first two episodes).

Content: 10/10
    For the price you pay, you will have a lot of fun and different ways to beat the game.
    Co-op, raid and different difficulties are available to replay this game.
  12. Jul 24, 2015
    Overall the game is solid

The episodic format, though at times jarring, works well when Capcom do it right and is something that I am not against in the future. The only issue once again is Capcom’s vision for the franchise, which is almost an unfair statement because Revelations 2 is a good game at its nucleus. The eternal question for the franchise remains: Can the series still be
    Overall the game is solid

The eternal question for the franchise remains: Can the series still be classified as survival horror? Given that Revelations is a spin off series to the main game, there is a bit more flexibility with creativity and focus. The problem is that it plays like 5 and 6: Action-packed with a few light scares thrown in. Capcom needs to stop trying to please all fans of the franchise and stick to what it does right. Because what it does do right it damn right nails.

www.doyouevengamebro.net
  13. Jun 26, 2016
    Best RESIDENT EVIL game since Code Veronica (Atmosphere and Design), better than 4 (as a RESIDENT EVIL game), even though as a video game itself, #4 is the winner :D
  14. May 7, 2017
    Revelations 2 takes a few steps back in the right direction for the Resident Evil series. First, the mood of the game is a bit darker than the previous Revelations. Which lends itself to the creatures you come across, the lack of not knowing what happens until the end, etc.
    Second, partner characters are now, PURELY support and can be controlled, which adds a different take on the gameplay depending on whom you are using. Third, fan favorites Barry and Claire are back and given a much more mature and aged tone to them. (Yeah, Claire is showing a TOUCH of age to her.) Fourth, the support and new characters are likeable, especially Moira. Last, the story is much more straightforward and focuses less on a "WHO DONE IT", kind of feeling to it, I'd say its an improvement!

If I had to compare this to the other titles, it fits in between RE4 and RE5, in regards in how good the campaign is. I'd say it was pretty good. The boss fights are better than REV1 but not on the caliber of the mainstream series.

Last is the AWESOME raid mode (Resident Evil with stat based weaponry and added challenges), which essentially doubles the size of the game! BY FAR, this title's raid mode is way better than before! Not only does each chapter give you 15 levels each to fight in. (a total of 60 for all of the chapters together) It features stages from Revelations 1 AND practically every place in Resident Evil 6.

Now you should be able to get the full game at a pretty fair price. Trust me, ITS WORTH IT if your a fan of the series or not.
  15. Jun 22, 2017
    Schon Resident Evil – Revelations lenkte die Survival-Horror-Reihe per 3DS-Stylus-und Touchscreen in ungewohnte Bahnen. Auch Teil 2 schlägt aus – und erscheint in vier Download-Episoden sowie als späteres Gesamtpaket. Das ungewöhnliche Format bleibt nicht die einzige Neuerung: Mutig wechselt man zwischen zwei ungleichen Paaren durch eine abwechslungsreiche, überraschende und durchwegSchon Resident Evil – Revelations lenkte die Survival-Horror-Reihe per 3DS-Stylus-und Touchscreen in ungewohnte Bahnen. Auch Teil 2 schlägt aus – und erscheint in vier Download-Episoden sowie als späteres Gesamtpaket. Das ungewöhnliche Format bleibt nicht die einzige Neuerung: Mutig wechselt man zwischen zwei ungleichen Paaren durch eine abwechslungsreiche, überraschende und durchweg spannende Kampagne, die im Gegensatz zum plotpeinlichen Vorgänger sogar gut geschrieben ist. Während die Serienhelden Barry Burton und Claire Redfield genretypisch kugelarm auf eklige Resident Evil 5-Mutanten ballern, kommen ihre Begleiter Moira und Natalia quasi waffenlos aus. Stattdessen zeigen sie mit Finger und Taschenlampe auf versteckte Items und unsichtbare Gegner, erschließen verborgene Wege oder kommentieren auch mal sarkastisch das Spielgeschehen. Zudem steigt mit jedem Wechsel durch die kindliche Schwäche das Stresslevel. Das macht Resident Evil – Revelations 2 zum überraschend starken Ableger und Paradebeispiel für den größten Vorteil eines Spin-offs: die Möglichkeit, risikofrei Muster zu brechen. Expand
  16. Mar 20, 2015
    Fantastic game and good price.Raid mode is addicting.The story is great.Co-op is fun. Only the environments are boring . The enemies are so-so. Overall great addition to the Resident evil games!
  17. Nov 21, 2015
    this game..oh boy. i only played part of episode 1 of RE Revelations 2 on ps4 (since it's now free) but wow... it's hard to find words to describe how bad this game is.. the graphics are outdated, the character designs are ugly and unnatural (with the worst being Moira.. is she an alien or something? her legs are double the length of her torso and head combines as well as this as sticks..this game..oh boy. i only played part of episode 1 of RE Revelations 2 on ps4 (since it's now free) but wow... it's hard to find words to describe how bad this game is.. the graphics are outdated, the character designs are ugly and unnatural (with the worst being Moira.. is she an alien or something? her legs are double the length of her torso and head combines as well as this as sticks.. she walks like she's trying not to pee herself with her legs turned inward all the time like how a child just learning to walk looks, her head is tiny and all this combined leaves me confused if she suppose to be a really tall 13 old girl or a 23 year that dresses like slutty punk high schooler and hates her dad... for reasons i guess) the controls of moving Claire is awkward, the voice acting is terrible (not having Alyson Court as Claire despite her being the voice of her from her first appearance in RE2?.. she could have made up for the horrible voice work for Moira) no.. this game is beyond help.. and it's just the first episode.. i couldn't imagine playing all the episodes or actually paying for it... the only thing this game could get a passing grade on is that the tone is closer to survival horror the the series has been since RE4 threw that out of the room for some reason. Don't but this garbage.. you wanna play a good RE game with Claire in it?.. play RE Code Veronica or RE 2 instead.. way cheaper and waaaay more fun then this congealed garbage is. Expand
  18. Jun 15, 2015
    worst in the series by the book

ok the rolling out the way thing is not good in this game it basicly says you can roll about 1cm away from the enemy and that will not stop the enemy or trap from killing you

I liked if you press a button on screen maybe nex time they think about doing these things
  19. Mar 29, 2015
    Best RE game since 4, i havent yet completed it but i am addicted to it and its rare these days that i get addicted to games.

Shame capcom didnt give this a bigger budget because it would of been epic. No complaints whatsoever at the moment. But if i do ill adjust my score.
  20. Mar 21, 2015
    The BEST Resident Evil since RE4.
    The BEST Resident Evil since RE4.
    RE:R2 has a lot working against it. It clearly wasn't given the budget or crushing focus Capcom gives the main RE titles, and that is how it shines. The team behind RE:R2 are able to deliver a very focused experience that has an amazing atmosphere, simple inventory system, and fantastic characters. Barry Burton shines the brightest, and should be as much a focus with the RE series moving forward as Leon or Chris. Speaking of Chris, Claire Redfield makes a welcome return to the series, and stands out as one of the strongest female characters of the entire series without needing anything gimmicky. Barry's daughter, Moira, and the mysterious little girl, Natalia, are welcome additions to the series, and their involvement is cleverly implemented and their characters never feel like a chore.
    I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers here, but the story and atmosphere doesn't disappoint. On top of that, Raid mode is basically a shockingly deep RPG with the ability to level up characters, customize weapons, and take on challenges for high scores and unlocking even better gear. This all comes for less than $30.
    Capcom has released one of the best deals in gaming, and like I said, the best Resident Evil since RE4. If this is a sign of things to come for the series, or for RE:R to become a standalone series, then the future is bright.
  21. Aug 27, 2015
    I went into this game expecting something amazing. I have been down on Resident Evil since OP Raccoon city and RE6. Then I took a chance and got RE Revelations 1 for my PS3 and was in love. I feel like that game is exactly what Resident Evil should be by today's standards. So naturally when I heard about a sequel to the Revelations sub-series I was more than excited for it. WellI went into this game expecting something amazing. I have been down on Resident Evil since OP Raccoon city and RE6. Then I took a chance and got RE Revelations 1 for my PS3 and was in love. I feel like that game is exactly what Resident Evil should be by today's standards. So naturally when I heard about a sequel to the Revelations sub-series I was more than excited for it. Well unfortunately I got something I wasn't expecting. How many of you played the Last of Us? That game is brilliant and no doubt one of the best single player games you can play. Now what would you think if I told you Capcom more or less made the same game but with everything interesting about it stripped away or poorly imitated? Well they did and it's called Resident Evil Revelations 2. With in the first 15 minutes I'm going head to head against a handful of infected guys who act very similar to the infected from LOU, even seem inspired appearance wise. Here I am sprinting full speed unloading a makarov into these dudes and slashing them with a combat knife. As soon as the fight finishes you already have a shotgun and enough ammo to wage a small war for both your guns. You try to get your teammate to pull her weight and she won't use a gun because reasons. So all she is willing to do is carry a flashlight and whack guys with a crowbar *yawn*. Then you get to Barry and funny enough his companion is a little girl that kills infected with bricks and helps you spot enemies and plan attacks. Seems familiar huh? Anyway this game is completely uninspired trash. It does it's best imitation of an award winning game and does it terribly. If I wanted to play Last of Us I could of popped in the definitive edition. Apparently if I want to play Resident Evil I have to fire up Revelations 1 on my PS3 or play the HD remaster of Resident Evil 1. If you want Resident Evil survival horror look some where else because you won't find it here. Even just taking this game for what it is, you'll be a lot happier just playing the Last of Us because it's actually a fully fleshed out game with a way better story and identical gameplay. Expand
  22. Jun 15, 2015
    This is the absolute worst game I have ever played. I played through almost all resident evil games (5) was the best, I didn't even mind playing (4) and (6), but this one was a disgrace to the gaming community. It's a survivalist game where half the characters can't even use an effing gun... I mean seriously? The biggest disappointment of all is that it was a capcom game, and I love capcom games.
  23. Apr 30, 2015
    Resident evil: revelations 2 feels like a step back from its predecessor. Its unsure on what kind of game it wants to be. The game itself is a part action, part puzzle, part stealth, survival horror game that feels very low budget and unfinished. The character models are decent enough, but backgrounds and textures are shockingly bad for a next-gen title. It does have a nice smooth frameResident evil: revelations 2 feels like a step back from its predecessor. Its unsure on what kind of game it wants to be. The game itself is a part action, part puzzle, part stealth, survival horror game that feels very low budget and unfinished. The character models are decent enough, but backgrounds and textures are shockingly bad for a next-gen title. It does have a nice smooth frame rate though. Voice acting is as camp as you would expect, sound effects and music are pretty standard for this type of game.
    Capcom has decided yet again to pair you up with a useless AI companion, which causes frustration and eliminates any feeling of isolation. If you have a friend who would like to play as either a moody teenager who is anti-firearm, or a little girl that can throw bricks and see through walls, you're in luck; the game can become splitscreen from the pause menu. If you don't however, you will find yourself having to switch between these third-wheel characters to solve puzzles.
    The single player campaign is only four chapters long, switching between Claire Redfield and Barry Burton, six months apart on a virus infected island. I found the pacing of the game inconsistent. I found myself wondering around quietly solving puzzles one minute, then suddenly overwhelmed by enemies the next, leading to a quick death. You will die a lot in this game, and it feels cheap every time the game decides to spring an unexpected battle upon you. On a personal note; whoever decided to add invisible enemies to this game needs to never work on video games again.
    Controls are pretty responsive, although attaching to ladders can sometimes be a pain, especially if you are too close to activate the climb prompt. The inventory screen is better than the last game; its no "resi 4" attache case by any means, but it will do. Why Capcom have never brought back the attache case is beyond me.
    I got the feeling this game wanted to be "the evil within". Unfortunately, said game was better in every respect. Capcom really need to sort this franchise out. its laughable. Look at the sales of the resi 1 remake; you would think they would have figured it out by now. Maybe next time.
    The only redeeming quality of this game is its "raid" mode. Its so much fun, and saves the game from being a complete failure. Its two-player split screen mode is a joy to play, and it will have you coming back for more.
    Its a fairly cheap game to buy, and I would only recommend it for its raid mode. If you want a decent single player experience, get the resi 1 remake instead.
  24. Mar 18, 2015
    Uninspired environment, bland enemies, and same old recycled gameplay we've seen a thousand times. How does Capcom get away with this? I am being kind giving it a 5, only because it sort of made me jump once. Not even my 4 year old was scared when the monsters jumped out. I had to scare him off instead due to the gratuitous foul language.
  25. May 18, 2015
    This will be my first and last resident evil game. The storyline sucked, and the bonus modes that are needed for plat sucked.

What the hell is the point of playing a game where you don't know where the enemys are unless playing as a specific character that doesn't fight? And then getting wrecked. Invisible mode is the stupidest thing i've played in awhile.

Countdown mode was ok and normal.
  26. Apr 5, 2015
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is with no doubt a step in the right direction, yet it struggles to deliver a complete and quality enhanced experience, things like environments and objects seem to have been thrown in there with little to no polish, some run and gun sequences immediately break Immersion with clunky level design. Overall, the experience as a whole is worth the price ofResident Evil: Revelations 2 is with no doubt a step in the right direction, yet it struggles to deliver a complete and quality enhanced experience, things like environments and objects seem to have been thrown in there with little to no polish, some run and gun sequences immediately break Immersion with clunky level design. Overall, the experience as a whole is worth the price of admission, and with the addition of the addictive and highly re-playable Raid Mode, the RE franchise awakens a new. Expand
  27. Mar 19, 2015
    At $25 there's a lot of good things to say about Revelations 2, however the overall quality of the finished product is far from pristine, and in terms of creativity and originality Revelations 2 falls well short of the marker. Unfortunately, Rev 2 literally pulls every last strand of it's campaign from ideas implemented in previous RE installments.

Long gone is the Queen Zenobia and

Long gone is the Queen Zenobia and Terragrigia, as now we are immersed into a new scenario with familiar characters and sadly familiar circumstances. Honestly, the story itself is not all that bad, and most fans of the series will enjoy it's few twists and turns, but I have to reiterate that NOTHING about this title feels 'new' or original.

To it's credit, the game does feature tight third person shooter gunplay, and while the graphics certainly look dated, the variety of enemies and scenarios will likely keep you happily occupied. Raid mode is the stellar selling point for this entry, although I'm not a fan of the new microtransactions that are now being thrown into the users face. They can be avoided....however the fact that Capcom even feels the need to implement them really feels like cheap way to take advantage of the fanbase.

All in all, this really isn't a bad entry to a floundering franchise, but it just doesn't bring enough quality and content to the table to merit an above average rating. If you are looking for some fun third person shooter action though, this may not be a bad time sink for $25.
  28. Apr 9, 2015
    nah, did not feel this one either. I am more resident evil 1-3 fan than fast actition 4-6, thank you anyways for trying. not sure if that is what kids want nowadays..because maybe either the game is going the wrong direction or maybe ...hmmmm...I should force myfelf to love COD and all shooting games instead..what is the word for it...yeah...adapt...
  29. Apr 1, 2015
    It’s a good game and I would recommend adding to your play list. It could be better as it is a bit repetitive, has a few technical problems, but I’m happy with it nonetheless.
  30. May 8, 2015
    Revelations 2 manages to mix the safe and proven action from recent titles with old school survival horror. It's for the most part the most polished entry since Resident Evil 5. And the plot is able to surpass the typical B Movie level with more interesting and universal themes. Naughty Dog's success with "The Last of US" might have given Capcom enough confidence to do what they know to do best.
  31. Aug 19, 2015
    I did enjoy this game but maybe because I'm a big resident evil fan and it was nice to see Claire and Barry back. It was more horror than RE6 and a darker tone but still missing that resident evil atmosphere from the old games. Decent story but still felt like a linear run and gun game. Not the worst resident evil in recent years but nowhere near good enough right now the resident evil 1I did enjoy this game but maybe because I'm a big resident evil fan and it was nice to see Claire and Barry back. It was more horror than RE6 and a darker tone but still missing that resident evil atmosphere from the old games. Decent story but still felt like a linear run and gun game. Not the worst resident evil in recent years but nowhere near good enough right now the resident evil 1 remaster puts it to shame of how a resident evil game should be made and played. Expand
  32. Apr 4, 2015
    Honestly, i started playing it without much expectation given the recent Resident Evil releases, but after a lukewarm start (the prison scenario), i'm happy to say it gave me hope again for the series.
    The gameplay is somewhat similar of Resident Evil 5, with 2 characters (Claire/Moira or Barry/Natalia) always following together and having to work as a team to advance, being able to switch the command between the two in real time and exchange items among them. However, different from RE 5, they toned down a bit the frenetic ''Rambo'' style shooting and brought back some elements very reminiscent from the old days, like the thrilling atmosphere and puzzle solving, that are simple, fun and works as a break to more intense sequences. Another cool thing is that despite been not an open world like before, the environments have lot of stuff to explore, like hidden chests, weapon upgrades and hidden medallions that unlock some extras.
    The only really disappointing aspect is how dull and uninspired most of the scenarios look, specially the indoor ones. The journey would be certainly more pleasant with the fancy environments we got used to, but still, this game is fun, has a nice pace, good plot, and lots of extras (raid mode is really). It's worth a play, specially costing less than 30 bucks.
  33. Sep 23, 2018
    Decent Resident Evil game.

Pro - Decent mix between horror and action - Good combat - COOP Split Screen, very creative style of supportive character. Great if you have girlfriend or little brother to play with. - Unique way to tell Story (Switching between Claire and Barry). Story itself is average I think, It has some good moment but also has several plot holes. - Raid Mode is a
    Decent Resident Evil game.

Pro
    - Decent mix between horror and action
    - Good combat
    - Raid Mode is a big plus. It has many new locations and enemies that don't appear in Story mode. It has many missions that would sink your time a lot if you like this mode.

Con
    - Short game (only 8-10 hrs for main story)
    ** Don't have COOP online in Story mode ** ( for godsake, why they have Split Screen in Story but no COOP onlline ?, on the other hand, Raid mode can do COOP online but not COOP Split Screen)
    - Extra missions are uninteresting.

In sum, I would give a 7/10 for main story alone, +1 for Raid mode so it is 8/10. My friend played a lot of raid mode but barely touched story. It is that good for those who like action game. However, if you don't really care much about Raid mode 7/10 is solid score. What frustrated me most is the fact that they don't have COOP online in story mode (whyyyy capcom). Buy it on sale
  34. Nov 10, 2017
    This was a great improvement over the first one, on gameplay and narrative, a really big step over, i hope capcom keeps the good work on this, a reboot would be very much appreciated with most of what was done on this, but i don't think that is going to happen, to try to connect this "new" games with the main series feels forced at times.
  35. May 25, 2015
    I found this game enjoyable kept me playing until the end, with its interesting story telling method. I found the controls easy to use and found the puzzles reasonably challenging. The atmosphere was great creating some urgency and challenge on harder difficulties. Limited resources and ammo forces a change in game play style. Some twists and turns in the story kept it interesting untilI found this game enjoyable kept me playing until the end, with its interesting story telling method. I found the controls easy to use and found the puzzles reasonably challenging. The atmosphere was great creating some urgency and challenge on harder difficulties. Limited resources and ammo forces a change in game play style. Some twists and turns in the story kept it interesting until the end.

However there were numerous flaws which i just don't get, creating a coop game where the second character is extremely limited in what they can do is counterproductive and misleading, making this mainly a single player game with a crappy ai team mate who you have to drag along with you slowing things down. Secondly the story was told well but was inevitably pointless and isolated from any real meaning.

Gave it a 7 because even with its flaws i enjoyed it for some reason.
  36. Oct 18, 2015
    As a die hard fan of RE franchise REvelations2 is more than welcome entry. im playing it on survival-mode and its really amazing, less ammo and resources, run or fight option is here again and puzzles showed up too. its really a great game for it price i recommend it for survival/horror fans
  37. Jul 9, 2015
    when i heard a new resident evil game was coming out i was scared at first cause im a fan of the series and re 6 let me down and then i found out it was a sequel 2 rev 1 and i was excited not only a sequel to one of my favorite re games but it also stared claire redfield finally they listened and brought her back the game is epic and amazing capcom keep it up
  38. Dec 29, 2019
    Revelations 2 is an improvement over the first Revelations game, and even that one was already a genuinely good RE title. Rev 2 has good pacing, plenty of survival horror and exploration instead of constant over-the-top action, satisfying gun combat, and the locations ranging from a fishing village to a deserted mine are very interesting. The plot is not that memorable and the episodicRevelations 2 is an improvement over the first Revelations game, and even that one was already a genuinely good RE title. Rev 2 has good pacing, plenty of survival horror and exploration instead of constant over-the-top action, satisfying gun combat, and the locations ranging from a fishing village to a deserted mine are very interesting. The plot is not that memorable and the episodic structure still fails to convince me, but overall Revelations 2 is once again a step in the right direction for RE. Expand
  39. Apr 15, 2015
    Revelations 2 is not the answer, but its a giant step towards the right direction. Campaign is goodish, raid mode is awesome, and is great to see Claire as lead after more than a decade.
  40. Aug 7, 2015
    A fun £20 Resi game this one is a love it or hate it deal personally i love it i recommend a youtube research before buying this as it will not be every ones cup of tea only major problem with it is no online coop but it has split screen so something i guess my score 8.5
  41. Nel
    Jun 29, 2017
    an episodic game which feels very cash grabby, and does not live up to the older resident evil games. The game is just a filler in between the original games, and the co op experience is horrific.
  42. Jul 9, 2015
    what an excellent game.raid mode is fantastic.the two females leading are superb.jill valentine from re4 in raid mode is great. looking forward to revelations 3.
  43. Nov 16, 2015
    This was a solid entry into the Resident Evil library. I loved seeing Barry again. I was upset that because I missed one QTE that I got the crappy ending. That was pretty ridiculous. I did think that the bosses left something to be desired. The normal mode seemed too easy for me and I will try again on a harder mode. I look forward to hopefully continuing this story line.
  44. Feb 4, 2016
    Raid mode is absolutely perfect and I cant believe its included for the demo. A good alternative if you hate the slow-paced story mode. Not that the story is bad, it's just if you want a shooting game in resident evil style, forget about the keys and switches, i just wanna kill zombies with my buddies nonstop, then here u go, raid mode, tonnes of maps, hours of gameplay for free. The storyRaid mode is absolutely perfect and I cant believe its included for the demo. A good alternative if you hate the slow-paced story mode. Not that the story is bad, it's just if you want a shooting game in resident evil style, forget about the keys and switches, i just wanna kill zombies with my buddies nonstop, then here u go, raid mode, tonnes of maps, hours of gameplay for free. The story is alright, sometimes u get confused where u need to go and the camera sometimes point to places where you dont want it to. Expand
  45. Apr 28, 2016
    Es bastante entretenido. Esta enfocado mas a la accion y no tiene tanto survival horror como anteriores entregas de R.E. pero cumple con una buena trama en la historia del juego.
    Algo novedoso es el juego dividido en capitulos en donde tenemos 2 historias paralelas. Aunque lo criticable aqui es la corta duracion de esos capitulos.
    Un buen punto a favor es que hay bastante rejugabilidad,
    Un buen punto a favor es que hay bastante rejugabilidad, ya que al completar todos los niveles de dificultad, se nos desbloqueara otro nivel "sin salida" y esto nos invita a pasar nuevamente todos los capitulos con un mayor compromiso.
    Aunque puede ser algo muy tedioso pasar repeditadamente varias veces los capitulos para lograr el trofeo Platino.
    Por ultimo, el modo asalto es fenomenal, de lo mejor. Asi que tendremos muchas horas de juego para este R.E.R. 2
  46. May 13, 2016
    The combat in this game is amazing and is worth buying the game for. That being said the enemy design kind of sucks, the levels are bland, and the story is stupid. This game is just uninspired and no aspect of it really is able to elevate the experience. That being said, the combat is really fun.
  47. Dec 1, 2021
    Okay game, but tries waaaaaaaay too hard to be edgy with the lamest unnecessary obscene language content which makes Resident Evil 1 look like it has a good script.

Raid mode is the meat of the content, and pretty much the only thing worth playing.
  48. Jul 4, 2016
    Aceptable en el global de sus apartados, no sobresale en ningún aspecto, aunque es cumplidor. Tiene sus momentos, sin crear la gran atmósfera del primeros Resident. Se agradece a Capcom el rumbo que le esta tratando de dar a la franquicia.
  49. Aug 2, 2016
    The game itselft is ok. Way more survival horror than RE5 or RE6. But the ending ruined it for me. I hate bad endings, especially when you have to do, as is in this case, a little specific thing (that they give you no tip) in the middle of the game to get the good one. BE ADVISED: read some spoiler free guide or something before the third chapter. I find the conclusion of a game veryThe game itselft is ok. Way more survival horror than RE5 or RE6. But the ending ruined it for me. I hate bad endings, especially when you have to do, as is in this case, a little specific thing (that they give you no tip) in the middle of the game to get the good one. BE ADVISED: read some spoiler free guide or something before the third chapter. I find the conclusion of a game very important to the experience, and i dont want to replay half of the game to get the good ending. Expand
  50. Sep 7, 2016
    Revelations 2 maintains that air of good old survival horror with great game play and responds well to commands. It is undeniable that the game has strong influences of The Last Of Us, mostly in stealth mode. Another strong point of the game is on account of the plot and a villain that fulfills its role in history ( she reminded me quite Alexia Re Code Veronica ) .The ambiance and greatRevelations 2 maintains that air of good old survival horror with great game play and responds well to commands. It is undeniable that the game has strong influences of The Last Of Us, mostly in stealth mode. Another strong point of the game is on account of the plot and a villain that fulfills its role in history ( she reminded me quite Alexia Re Code Veronica ) .The ambiance and great because we passed several places on the island and maintains the standard Resident Evil !
    is a game with graphs below other current game , but the important thing that it complies with mastery its main element the Survival Horror !

For those who like the old guard of the classic Resident's , Revelations 1 and 2 is a full plate !
  51. VTL
    Dec 11, 2019
    Buen Resident evil con una historia buena ahun sin gustarme el tema capitulos como serie de television. La verdad que me lo he pasado bien y con muchos componentes de survival horror y menos de accion como era el 1 (revelations 1). Buen juego sin ser esencial en la saga RE.
  52. Feb 2, 2019
    What happened to you? What have you become? The game at a time. paired puzzles and monotonous locations begin to seriously irritate.

There was a hint of improvement of skills, but here collecting additional points in the form of jewels begins to bother. I don't know who came to mind to periodically switch to the characters to look for hidden objects. In view of the deliberate delaying of gameplay.

In the first part it was really scary because of the limited space, now we have large open areas where you can dodge and shoot enemies. The fast dynamics of the game and the abundance of ammo (even on high difficulty) kill the whole sense of horror. The plot of the game is not hooked at all. Very boring and bland. Revelations 2 looks and is played very budget.

I'm pleased with Raid mode, no QTE moments
  53. Jan 26, 2019
    Эту игру можно проходить только в ко-опе, иначе играть безумно скучно. Да и играя не в одиночку она все равно через непродолжительное время наскучит.
  54. Jun 29, 2020
    It continues with offered in the first part of this RE spin-off saga. A game to rescue from your library if Resident Evil 3 Remake came up short.
  55. Jun 30, 2017
    Sinceramente muito melhor que o 6 e o 7, divertido, multiplayer fluido, história muito boa, e o fator replay é muito bom, depois que se termina o jogo se tem várias coisas para fazer. O modo raide é muito divertido dá para jogar online ou com um amigo.
  56. Jun 17, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. RE:R2 is a shallow game

This game is a blatant example of the corruption in video game reviews and increasingly lowered standards of players

Prior installments of the resident evil franchise would require large amounts of backtracking to solve various puzzles throughout the game. Resident evil Revelations 2 brings backtracking to a bare minimum creating fairly linear levels. The few puzzles this game does have tend to give the answer to the player in such a blatant manner that it undermines any accomplishment the player might have from solving the puzzles. This pandering to the lowest denominator of players causes the puzzles that do appear in the game to just being a short inconvenience and nothing of substantial challenge. The game will also throw a new enemy at you similarly to a mini boss, after defeating it they will appear more frequently yet be vastly weaker than the first time encountered. This can occur almost immediately after defeating the first creature robbing the player of any satisfaction from killing a new foe. The diversity of enemies has also been brought down to a bare minimum. A franchise known for ridiculous creatures including giant spiders, snakes, and even a train, has limited itself to only humanoid monsters with the occasional large humanoid monster. This lack of diversity causes fighting enemies to become instantly repetitive and bland.
    The player will traverse through a series of locations that in their own could be found scary, yet due to spending little time in multiple settings the game fails to expand and truly develop each location, causing the game to never establish a true atmospheric sense of horror. The only “horror” felt from atmosphere will be from the unknown, which after a few minutes of wandering around or by finding a map will dissipate almost instantly. There are several different locations in the game and on their own would sound like great locations for a horror theme, the main problem with this game is it can’t commit to a single location causing each one to never be used to its full potential and ends up feeling shallow and pointless. After a while it becomes easy to never even notice the setting or location. The tension of the game is even further diminished by specific music playing when an enemy is near or if every enemy is dead causing the game to become very predictable.

If you can play through a game without ever utilizing or feeling as though you need a specific mechanic that mechanic is almost completely pointless. In terms of single player this is the case with the non-combative side characters during the game. It is incredibly easy to never switch between characters unless the game requires it to solve a puzzle. In terms of co-op if characters do not have the same abilities they need to still be considered equal in some way or form, otherwise appeal to playing a character becomes shallow and one character will end up simply being a nuisance. It could be considered equal once the characters’ abilities have been fully upgraded, though that requires most likely beating the entire game beforehand. The design of the characters can be argued as stylistic but what cannot be defended as stylistic is the poor lip sync during non-prerendered cut scenes.
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 follows the more recent trend of games in which the priority is “looking cool” and the story telling suffers at that expense, it becomes shallow. It appears almost every action movie cliché can be found in this game to such a degree it becomes completely predictable depriving the player of any drama or suspense. Several moments in the game lack any form of depth leading to anticlimactic sequences and loss of any real feelings of development.
    Warning Spoilers!
    As a player, we are experiencing the same series of events as the character. Depriving the player of specific motivations for the character will then lead to the choices made by that character to appear pointless. A side character was traumatized by an accident with a gun and refused to use guns because of this. Due to the player not experiencing this through cinematic or playthrough this will cause dissociation from that character and their decisions. Explaining actions through expositional dialog is arguably the laziest form of storytelling. Later in a moment of desperation the character uses a gun to kill a boss, this moment is completely robbed of any feelings of conflict or character development due to the lack of experiencing the driving factors in that character’s decisions. The same can be said about that entire boss fight. It was hinted moments before the mentioned fight that the main character could have been romantically interested in the boss character. This was never properly established causing players to be denied any drama from the fight. Lastly this game like many before is plagued with the crutch of their one established antagonist. Wesker
  57. Jan 4, 2018
    What a welcome surprise. This shot to one of my top RE games. Coming off from a disappointing first entry, #2 is phenomenal. Game play is solid and split screen works well with the second player having an interesting influence on the game mechanics, not using guns, but subduing enemies with Moira's flashlight (and scanning for items, way less tedious than the scanner item from the firstWhat a welcome surprise. This shot to one of my top RE games. Coming off from a disappointing first entry, #2 is phenomenal. Game play is solid and split screen works well with the second player having an interesting influence on the game mechanics, not using guns, but subduing enemies with Moira's flashlight (and scanning for items, way less tedious than the scanner item from the first game) and being a personal radar with the little girl Natalia (and some brick throwing). Best part about theses characters, they are not feeble or weak. They can take as many hits as Claire or Barry which is a turn for the better.
    The new characters are a welcome edition, Moira especially. She's written believable for a person kidnapped and being emotional torturted while dealing with zombies (yes zombies have returned!) and her VO work is excellent. Actually all the dialogue and acting is well done. I've never thought of an RE game with compelling writing but this game nails it. The writers went full Barry with Barry and its the best thing ever. We've got touching moments between the characters as they struggle throughout the games split duo narrative.
    This game surprised me in every aspect, stunning cutscenes, great gunplay and keeps the same upgrade system I enjoyed from the first game and adds a skill tree for the characters, the bad guys reason for the kidnapping is well played out and how it progresses at the end is poetic.
    Two different endings. Both good, one much better though.
    Raid mode is a fun distraction.
    Lots of collectibles, challenges, and unlocks to keep you busy.
    Good boss battles and puzzles.
    Barry returns!
    Claire is the best of course and we get to play her again.
    Play this game.
  58. Aug 29, 2017
    I bought this game to play co-op with a friend bacause both of us are RE fans. What a waste of time, probably if you play solo you enjoy it more, but the co-op is terrible, only one player can shoot and the other only explore, or open doors, or see invisible monsters. By the way, the second player is invincible... If i played it solo, my score would be a little higher but that was not the case
  59. Mar 27, 2019
    The whole game looked cheap with a low production value.. Voice acting was ok and the story was of some interest, because it wasn't the action that kept me going. A dialed back version of RE6 combat with a Alan Wake type dodge mechanic tacked on. The predictable ending felt unsatisfying and the raid mode just looked like a crappier version of the mercenaries mode. I just felt I was playingThe whole game looked cheap with a low production value.. Voice acting was ok and the story was of some interest, because it wasn't the action that kept me going. A dialed back version of RE6 combat with a Alan Wake type dodge mechanic tacked on. The predictable ending felt unsatisfying and the raid mode just looked like a crappier version of the mercenaries mode. I just felt I was playing a crappier watered down version of RE6. The Last of Us did this buddy type formula better and I don't even like that game, but I recommend that over this in SP. As for the co-op campaign dynamic it is like the uber action hero got saddled with the lamest of side kicks on the planet. Expand
  60. Sep 25, 2020
    I didn't like the game in everything.
    Claire's face is terrible
    The monsters didn't like it. The plot is not my type.
  61. Jul 10, 2020
    Хорошая игра для тех, кому нравится кооперативный подход к RE. Сюжет неплох, действительно интересно узнать что же там дальше.
    Собственно кооператив есть и он работает, но не без недостатков. Главный — в асимметричности игроков. Стрелять может только один из игроков, а другой выступает в качестве поддержки. Это неплохо, если играть с девушкой или ребёнком, кто не очень хорош в стрельбе, но опытным игрокам второй персонаж может показаться скучным.
    Опытным игрокам понравятся дополнительные сетевые режимы, в которых предлагается проходить кооперативные миссии без сюжета. В этих режимах оба игрока выступают на равных и должны продержаться против орд зомби в локациях из компаний этой и предыдущих частей серии. Режим рейда действительно интересный, просто попробуйте!
    Графически ничего особенного, но игра и не претендует на ААА-статус и продаётся за меньшие деньги.
  62. May 23, 2018
    La historia es una mierda, pero el modo asalto es una maravilla, de hecho no he terminado el modo principal, y en el modo asalto le he dedicado 80horas haciendo todas la medallas en todas las dificultades, adictivo como pocos, escenas de poco mas de 5 minutos, pero con mejoras de nivel, de armas, bombas, ataques activos y pasivos... que hace que sigas jugando mas y mas.
  63. Jan 23, 2021
    I had already been able to play this title back in 2015 on PS3, but now I was able to replay it on PS4, and obviously it looks and feels better for the different generations.

However, it is still noticeable that sadly this game had a low budget and I could assure that graphically it is inferior even to RE 5. Despite having this " low budget" production, the sequel to Revelations is

Despite having this " low budget" production, the sequel to Revelations is undoubtedly superior to RE 6 as a survival horror.

The horror tone, the puzzles (albeit few), the plot development and the drama, make this sequel very enjoyable, no matter how short it may be.

Another complaint would be that the gameplay in general feels stilted or cut short (just as Revelations felt), also its two extra chapters, while adding some story, are pretty bad.

This leaves Revelations 2 as a worthy successor to the saga, I wish this had been RE 6.

[Link omitted per site rules]
  64. Dec 17, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. medianamente bien juego algo de survival horror ... pero le falta esas cámaras fija del viejo estilo Expand
  65. Feb 23, 2019
    After the hugely disappointing Resident Evil 6, the series took a step back in the right direction with this game. It's also better than 'Revelations 1'. While the graphics are not as good as would be expected from a PS4 game and Claire is surprisingly ugly, the survival horror gameplay is somewhat back as ammo is low and surviving is actually a challenge. The character switching from RE0After the hugely disappointing Resident Evil 6, the series took a step back in the right direction with this game. It's also better than 'Revelations 1'. While the graphics are not as good as would be expected from a PS4 game and Claire is surprisingly ugly, the survival horror gameplay is somewhat back as ammo is low and surviving is actually a challenge. The character switching from RE0 also is back. Sadly there are few puzzles, so it’s still not a proper Resident Evil game in my view… Expand
  66. Oct 25, 2021
    Вообще считаю, что Resident Evil: Revelations 2 это то самое каноничное продолжение резика от третьено лица. Игра мне очень понравилась. Прошел дважды, на PC и на PlayStation 4.
    Первая Revelations была больше похожа на Cold Fear да и выглядела примерно так же. А вот сиквел порадовал.
    В сюжете задействованы некоторые герои номерных частей, например Клэр Редфилд и Барри Бёртон. Так же в игру внесены некоторые изменения. Как в и Resident Evil 5 и 6, всю игру ты проходишь в паре, но в отличии от них в Revelations 2 напарник это не тубой бот который бегает за тобой, а полноценное оружие. Так у одного напарника есть фонарик, которым можно слепить монстров как в Alan Wake, а второй может подсвечивать уязвимые места врагов. Между основным игроком и напарником можно переключаться в любое время по нажатии одной кнопки, очень удобно. Ещё дуэт надо использовать для решения не сложных головоломок. Я играл один, но можно играть и в коопе. Как по мне прохождение за напарника будет скучновато, так как он придуман как "дополнение" к протагонисту, ну и как дополнительный вещмешок.
    Порадовал геймплей. Он типично резидентовский, чем-то похож на четвертую часть. Враги медленные, тошнотворные.
    Визуально игра выглядит тоже не плохо для спиноффа.
    Но к сожалению из всех щелей торчат бюджетные уши. Что касается первой части, это объяснялось мобильной основой самой игры. То во второй это чистая экономия. Игра коротка, сюжет не сложен, боссов всего пара. К тому же поэпизодный выпуск самой игры целостности тоже не добавляет.
    Итак подвожу итог. Инновационный подход к взаимоотношению напарников. Неплохая шутерная составляющая. Вязкая атмосфера. Не плохая картинка. Но всё это обильно сдобрено бюджетностью. Короче кто не воспринял экспозицию "от первого лица" седьмой и восьмой частей, кто разочарован "экшенностью" шестой части. Добро пожаловать в Revelations 2! Если пропустили, можно попробовать даже сейчас. Стоит игра не много, к тому же первый эпизод вообще бесплатен. Но не возлагайте большие надежды на глубину данной игры. Она как глоток ностальгии по старым Resident Evilам. Только большая просьба проходить эпизоды игры сугубо согласно нумерации.
  67. Oct 27, 2019
    One of mine split-screen favorites! If you have someone to play with side by side - this game will not let you down!
  68. Oct 10, 2021
    A masterpiece. I'm playing it in 2021 and the game looks still very good. Amazing story and combat.
  69. Mar 6, 2020
    Nice use of stealth game , the light is a good metod of defense is a great re game
  70. Apr 4, 2020
    It's a game with the past survivor horror mode of Resident Evil 1.
    The graphics, sound and history ia Very good.
  71. Jan 19, 2021
    Very entertaining and engaging from the get go. Very much worth your time. Solid gameplay, well thought out level design and a good soundtrack.
  72. Jun 20, 2020
    One of better chapter RE series
  73. Aug 6, 2020
    Ok, é um bom jogo, tem um bom fator replay, principalmente depois de saber que tem dois finais (eu peguei o final ruim na primeira vez, então zerei o jogo de novo). Essa nota meio baixa é mais culpa dos inimigos que foram mal trabalhados nesse RE, sem muita explicação científica pra alguns inimigos. Além disso eles são irritantes e parecem pessoas normais com raiva.
    O modo Raid é incrível
    O modo Raid é incrível e me mantém revisitando o jogo, principalmente para jogar em dupla com outra pessoa.
    A história é muito boa e foi incrível ver o Barry sendo realmente aproveitado em um jogo
  74. Aug 27, 2021
    This was a fun Resident Evil game. It gets all the basics right. Creepy locations. Interesting antagonist. Good combat. The weapon and skill upgrade system is simple and functional. I was skeptical about the mandatory sidekick, but the AI partner is very useful, and doesn't feel like a burden or escort mission.

On the downside the production values aren't that high, and the first

On the downside the production values aren't that high, and the first episode kind of sucks. Also the difficulty curve is a bit off. It's too hard in the beginning, and too easy towards the end. Also the episodic nature of the game makes it feel cobbled together at times.
  75. Sep 7, 2020
    My most rare platinum at 0.3% due to the grind of countdown and invisible modes in campaign. Raid mode is the best feature imo
  76. May 14, 2021
    Although it's the real RE8, it doesn't quite live up to my expectation, perhaps a little older. It doesn't measure up to Resident Evil 4.5 or even 6. A little too many gaps. the level design is not the maximum.Perhaps a hasty judgment. It was on sale at € 9 and I play it in my free time. For the fans it is still affordable.
    It's still an eight because of the extra episodes, which are worth
    It's still an eight because of the extra episodes, which are worth an extra point.
  77. Dec 14, 2021
    Excellent game! I wasn't a huge fan of Revelations 1, but it looks like this was when Capcom was really starting to learn lessons just before RE7 and the Remakes. The atmosphere is creepy and you're not knee-deep in enemies the whole time. The intersecting stories and the short chapters work really well and kept me entertained by the story all the way through. There were parts that felt aExcellent game! I wasn't a huge fan of Revelations 1, but it looks like this was when Capcom was really starting to learn lessons just before RE7 and the Remakes. The atmosphere is creepy and you're not knee-deep in enemies the whole time. The intersecting stories and the short chapters work really well and kept me entertained by the story all the way through. There were parts that felt a little stretched out, but after streaming it on PSNow (which is the worst, but not the game's fault) I immediately bought the game. Absolutely recommended for any RE fan! Expand
  78. May 15, 2021
    I liked this game alot as a resident evil fan and wen it first came out I made lots of accounts on here to push it's score up sorry for tricking people I feel bad about it now
  79. Dec 28, 2021
    Para mí, el peor juego de toda la saga canónica principal de Resident Evil. Un multijugador fallido en el que el segundo jugador solo tira ladrillos o enchufa con la linterna a los zombies. Una historia muy poco elaborada y con personajes nada interesantes. La jugabilidad no es mala porque se basa en la tercera persona y la cámara sobre el hombro de Resident Evil 4, pero ni con eso sePara mí, el peor juego de toda la saga canónica principal de Resident Evil. Un multijugador fallido en el que el segundo jugador solo tira ladrillos o enchufa con la linterna a los zombies. Una historia muy poco elaborada y con personajes nada interesantes. La jugabilidad no es mala porque se basa en la tercera persona y la cámara sobre el hombro de Resident Evil 4, pero ni con eso se salva. Comete el mismo error que el 5 y el 6, es decir, mucha acción y poco terror o survival horror. Me costaría rejugarlo, cosa que no me pasa con casi ningún Resident Evil. Duración aproximada: 15 horas Expand
  80. May 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't like at all that the main antagonist of Lansdale was not killed or he was not turned into a monster, so it would be more interesting and these new three characters, such as Vester and O'Brian and Luciani did not like at all, they are very ugly and boring and it is a pity that they were not killed in the story. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 4, 2015
    It has its strengths, including some pretty cool monster design and fun puzzles, but by and large, almost everything it does has been done better by another RE title.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 26, 2015
    Doesn't save the series, but doesn't condemn it further. Great with a co-op buddy, or if you like the score attacks. Only passable as a solo, narrative-driven experience. [May 2015, p72]
  3. Games Master UK