7.8

Buy on

1. Feb 6, 2018
    A masterpiece reborn

A masterpiece reborn

Ever since i heard shadow of The colossus was getting a remake i was overjoyed. I've played it on ps2, loved the remaster and now im able to play the remake of one the best action titles ever created. I couldn't be happier that this remake happened.The graphics, sound,  everything has been remade running on a brand new game engine entirely. The colosi and environments have been overloaded with amazing detail and the world feels very alive despite the quieting emptiness of it. With detailed texture work and lighting this game looks absolutely gorgeous. It's also butter smooth hardly ever dropping frames even when giant colossi are thrashing about. The story has been left untouched retaining the same emotional journey the original offered. No new colosi or extra story but Everything else however has been improved to the MAX. Bluepoint games did a phenomenal job of remaking this classic. ID even go as far to say this surpasses the original and is one of if not the best game remakes ever created. A masterpiece has been made even better i can't wait to see what bluepoint games does next. Absolutely incredible job. 10/10
  2. Feb 7, 2018
    Un juego 10/10 que no debe faltar en tu colección, excelentes gráficos, mantiene la jugabilidad de PS2, Banda sonora destacable, etc. Sinceramente. estamos ante la presencia de uno de los mejores Remake hasta la fecha, totalmente recomendado, si te gusta esta saga.
  3. Feb 11, 2018
    Shadow of the Colossus is the gaming equivalent of art house cinema. Therefore, this is not a game for those who do not appreciate art, nor those who do not experiment with games outside their comfort zone. I for one am in admiration of this 2018 remake of Shadow of the Colossus. A masterpiece.
  4. Feb 6, 2018
    Quite easily the best version of SotC I can possibly find, hands down. Its remade visuals just screams godlike all over the place, I swear!

Seriously, go buy and play this game, even if you already had PS2 original and/or the PS3 re-release!
  5. Feb 7, 2018
    Even though a lot of the problems that exist in the original - bad camera work, unintuitive controls - it really drove home the feeling of it being that game we all loved when we were younger. It felt the same, but better at the same time. Better graphics are obviously a huge plus. This is how the game was supposed to be made back on ps2 but was never able to be. The magnitude of theEven though a lot of the problems that exist in the original - bad camera work, unintuitive controls - it really drove home the feeling of it being that game we all loved when we were younger. It felt the same, but better at the same time. Better graphics are obviously a huge plus. This is how the game was supposed to be made back on ps2 but was never able to be. The magnitude of the colossi, the sheer size of the map, the challenging navigation through various diverse and distinct areas make this game such a pleasure to play. Furthermore the fact that there really is only “1” character makes the play through an introspection of self and really allows for the character to be connected to personally. In an age where games like Destiny 2, FFXIV, Dragon Age, Monster Hunter World etc are all about jam packing goodies and millions of things to do into it, the lack of things to do, and the main point of the game are all heightened because of that. Enjoy the scenery, which include the colossi just as much as the physical world, to the fullest extent. A true masterpiece - especially for a remake/master whatever you wanna call it. Expand
  6. Feb 7, 2018
    It’s amazing, I played this game a first time in my life... How I can miss this game early??! Great atmosphere, great feelings of giant colosses, music, light.. Great remaster! Thank You Sony, Thank You Blue Point!!!
  7. Feb 10, 2018
    I just don't know if kids who were born when the original PS2 version came out 13 years ago would love this or hate it. It is technically an open world game, but the world is small and picturesque, and there is nothing but the core concept at work: use your sword and bow to kill 16 gigantic monster bosses. Other than tracking down and eliminating these beasts, which are platforming puzzlesI just don't know if kids who were born when the original PS2 version came out 13 years ago would love this or hate it. It is technically an open world game, but the world is small and picturesque, and there is nothing but the core concept at work: use your sword and bow to kill 16 gigantic monster bosses. Other than tracking down and eliminating these beasts, which are platforming puzzles unto themselves, there are no side missions, no XP, no skill tree, no NPCs to talk to, no crafting, no weapon mods...hell, there are no smaller enemies to dispatch as you traverse the beautiful landscape. The experience is lush in atmosphere and intrigue (not to mention graphics and audio) but minimalist in pretty much every other regard and hearkens back to the end of a simpler digital entertainment era where you got the whole game, up front, on the disc...and the experience was complete, polished, and innovative. I only had to play an hour to know that the rest of this game is amazing because I had the PS2 version, which I also loved, and the people who made this must've loved the 2005 original as well. One of my great shames in gaming history is reaching the last colossus in the PS2 version but never beating it. I did buy the PS3 version, which is a simple upscale/remaster job (and included ICO) but didn't have time for it when so much good current-gen stuff was coming out. But after encountering, and besting, the first monster in this newly built PS4 remake (just the same way I beat him 13 years ago on my old CRT TV), I was smiling uncontrollably. I'm playing on a stock PS4 and the graphics are amazing, the frame rate is buttery smooth, and the main character no longer feels heavy and sluggish, straining against the constraints of old hardware. Will the CoD/2K/GTA/PUBG kids get it? I don't know, but I hope they do give this a try, because it's still a piece of unique, essential gaming. Expand
  8. PSz
    Feb 6, 2018
    Expect this to be flooded with purist trolls that wiil make companies question if there's a reason to make remakes. THANK YOU HARDCORE GAMER NECKBEARS
  9. Feb 6, 2018
    One of the besy remakes of the last years!!
    Technically perfect and sublime
    Bluepoint games are a the best remake studio in the world!!
  10. Feb 7, 2018
    An outstanding game. Congratulations to Bluepoint for making an already masterpiece into a legend.
    The game remains magnificent, for the older gamers like myself it ia a must buy the graphics are brilliant and the gameplay as smooth as ever.
    You cannot imagine how good it is, i'll keep it spoiler free PLEASE GIVE IT A TRY. For the newcomers it is a game that you need to play, however

For the newcomers it is a game that you need to play, however it is not for everyone it is a harsh adventure that needs time and devotion, if you expect something like GTA or Elder scrolls type of game that it is not for you. The action is limited and the environment quite empty but that is the purpose in order to put you in the situation Wander is ( the protagonist )

Mark my words friends Shadow of the Colossus can still Shadow every game out there.
  11. Feb 7, 2018
    Shadow of the Colossus is a masterpiece. Completely original. Artisitically perfect. Emotional. Even without the incredibly satisfying, creative, and enjoyable battles, the experience of just running around the atmospheric world on the horse is heart-swelling. I wish I could go there. The only fault is sometimes clumsy and frustrating horse controls, but even then it's for the sake ofShadow of the Colossus is a masterpiece. Completely original. Artisitically perfect. Emotional. Even without the incredibly satisfying, creative, and enjoyable battles, the experience of just running around the atmospheric world on the horse is heart-swelling. I wish I could go there. The only fault is sometimes clumsy and frustrating horse controls, but even then it's for the sake of realistic feel. Playing this beautiful game has enriched my life. I wish I could personally thank the developers. Expand
  12. Feb 10, 2018
    One of the best game of the year. The game has many lessons and even morality that make us think and worth learning.
  13. Feb 6, 2018
    Honestly, this is the perfect remaster. It looks amazing while feeling exactly the same as it did with a dualshock 2 in my 13 year old hands. All the visual upgrades are just outstanding (PS4 pro). The music is still phenomenal. And battling the colossi all over again makes me just as giddy as it did when I was a kid. I think it's a tad overpriced for what it is, especially as there was anHonestly, this is the perfect remaster. It looks amazing while feeling exactly the same as it did with a dualshock 2 in my 13 year old hands. All the visual upgrades are just outstanding (PS4 pro). The music is still phenomenal. And battling the colossi all over again makes me just as giddy as it did when I was a kid. I think it's a tad overpriced for what it is, especially as there was an HD upgrade on the PS3. Can we get an Ico remaster please? Expand
  14. Feb 8, 2018
    Having never played this game before i didnt understand the hype. Now I do. My god what an amazing game!!!
  15. Feb 7, 2018
    What can i say that everyone has not said already. This game is beyond amazing and is a timeless classic.
  16. Feb 6, 2018
    Joguei no ps2 e era fantástico agora fico perfeito ,um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos
  17. Feb 6, 2018
    I haven't beat yet. it looks fantastic, one of the greatest games ever made!

Haters go back to your Cross boxes, and dwitche pieces of plastic.. leave PS awesome games alone!
  18. Dec 29, 2018
    I went into this game with high hopes but little expectations as I did not know what sort of game I was picking up. Undeniably, this is a beautiful game in narrative and art design, but the controls really hold this game back from being truly great for me. It really is a great experience but since there are more than a dozen Colossi and a large open world to venture across each time, theI went into this game with high hopes but little expectations as I did not know what sort of game I was picking up. Undeniably, this is a beautiful game in narrative and art design, but the controls really hold this game back from being truly great for me. It really is a great experience but since there are more than a dozen Colossi and a large open world to venture across each time, the controls are extremely noticeable and although I haven't played the original, I can't imagine it can possibly be too worse than how this handles. I'd like to go back and play this again, but the controls are going to take some overcoming again. Expand
  19. Dec 22, 2018
    This remake to one of the best games ever is exceptional. Bluepoint Games did a very fine job recreating the world with their own engine and assets. With the updated graphics and new controls, this is the definitive way to experience the game for those who missed out on it the first time.
  20. Jan 25, 2019
    Master piece with clumsy controls/camera/horse. They must make sequel, easy task.
  21. Feb 16, 2019
    Este remake de la obra original de Fumito Ueda nos recuerda los motivos por los que Shadow of the Colossus puso sobre la mesa en 2005 un debate que aún sigue vigente: ¿Son los videojuegos un arte? Desde luego, y más ante exponentes como este, la respuesta es un rotundo sí. En la piel de Wander, nos adentraremos a lomos de Agro en una vasta tierra prohibida donde tendremos que cumplir unaEste remake de la obra original de Fumito Ueda nos recuerda los motivos por los que Shadow of the Colossus puso sobre la mesa en 2005 un debate que aún sigue vigente: ¿Son los videojuegos un arte? Desde luego, y más ante exponentes como este, la respuesta es un rotundo sí. En la piel de Wander, nos adentraremos a lomos de Agro en una vasta tierra prohibida donde tendremos que cumplir una complicadísima misión. Para ello nos serviremos únicamente de nuestra espada, quien nos servirá de guía para acabar con los gigantescos seres a los que tendremos que dar fin. Su jugabilidad única sumada a una historia que atrapa desde el primer momento y una banda sonora inolvidable hacen de Shadow of the Colossus una obra atemporal que roza la excelencia en todos sus apartados. Expand
  22. Jan 26, 2019
    Boss fights are not equally fun and engaging. It's great that the game focuses only on one aspect, but it is not top-notch quality. Still, a must play.
  23. Jan 14, 2019
    Время игры: 5 часов
    Примечание: пройдена полностью на нормальном уровне.
  24. Dec 29, 2018
    Игра шидевр! Просто лучшая игра всех времён и народов. Какая графика, какой графон!
  25. Feb 19, 2019
    At first, I wasn't enjoying Shadow of Colossus all that much. I found the gameplay mechanics not all that intuitive and the overall aesthetic of the game seemed a little bit outdated, despite it having some great next-gen looking elements to it.

But its epic battles, its outstanding soundtrack and its bold ending completely won me over. Shadow Of The Colossus was a great game back

Shadow Of The Colossus was a great game back when it was released 12 years ago, and I'm glad it was able to be as great of a game now.
  26. Feb 24, 2019
    Mi puntuación sobre Shadow of the Colossus es de 8, me explico;
    Mi puntuación sobre Shadow of the Colossus es de 8, me explico;
    La duración es algo escasa, en mi caso rozó las 10 horas ( 10h y 6min ). La trama cuenta la historia de un chico que ha hecho un pacto con un espíritu llamado Dormin, el cual le ha prometido que de vencer a 16 colosos le devolverá la vida a su amada. El gameplay trata sobre eso, ir buscando a los colosos y vencerlos uno a uno, puede llegar a ser un poco repetitivo. Cuenta con un mundo abierto, pequeño a mi parecer. El título consta de muy buenos gráficos, hay que decirlo y la banda sonora es bastante buena. Le pongo un 8 sobre 10 ( comparándolo con juegos de su plataforma, PS4 ). Mi vigesimocuarta crítica u/o review de la sección de Games.
  27. Feb 21, 2019
    This game can get boring at times, however, the story, music, visuals, and fighting the Colossi make this game what it is. Each colossus is completely unique and if I had to compare it to something I would say their like the Divine beasts is The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. I love this game and I would most definitely play it again.
  28. Jun 26, 2020
    I was able to experience this game for the first time ever thanks to Playstation Plus. The original game has been in my "to play" list for a long time, but I'm glad I waited and experienced the PS4 version instead. I feel jealous for Shadow of the Colossus fans, because this version is basically a dream come true as far as remakes go. The game looks absolutely stunning, even rivaling theI was able to experience this game for the first time ever thanks to Playstation Plus. The original game has been in my "to play" list for a long time, but I'm glad I waited and experienced the PS4 version instead. I feel jealous for Shadow of the Colossus fans, because this version is basically a dream come true as far as remakes go. The game looks absolutely stunning, even rivaling the PS4's own titles. Some people could argue that they should have implemtented more quality of life improvements, or even additional content, but honestly, this is exactly how a remake should be in my opinion: faithful as possible to the original work, but making it look better than ever.

Shadow of the Colossus is a game with a very simple but compelling premise: hunt down sixteen gigantic monsters that act as bosses spread all over the world. Boss fights are one of my favorite aspects in any video game, so naturally I was inmediately captivated by this premise. At first I had some trouble getting used to the controls and phyisics, but eventually got better at it. The controlls are clunky, but this is part of what makes the game challenging. Of course, that also means that you'll be set for some frustrating moments, especially during the first few hours. This is a game that often demands patience from the player, so I can see it being difficult to enjoy for some people. It is clearly not a game for the mainstream public.

But no matter how many frustrating moments you'll experience with the controlls, the game will keep you coming back for the epic and spectacular moments that take place fighting each of the colossi. Being a game designed entirely around boss fights, you can expect the fights to be more elaborate and time-consuming than your average video game bosses. Each colossi is like a puzzle, where you have to find the way to their weak points, and then execute your attacks while managing your stamina. Overall, the bosses are creative, varied, and for the most part entertaining from a gameplay standpoint. From an artistic standpoint, some of the battles are simply breathtaking. In this sense, Shadow of the Colossus is unrivaled in the gaming landscape. Of course, not all of the colossi are on the same level of quality. But overall the fights are very memorable and satisfying.

There isn't much to this game apart from the boss fights. The rest of the experience consists of traveling the vast, (intentionally) empty open world in search for the colossi. There are some collectibles and a much appreciated time-attack mode that let's you replay any fight, but I didn't really bother with any of those. And finally, the game has a story, which is very minimalistic and in reality, it only exists in the beginning and the end. The finale is extremely memorable.

The art direction for this game is very solid and well done. The landscapes are beautiful, and the colossi look spectacular, especially in this 1080p remake. The music is sensational, consisting mostly of orchestral pieces, with a few exceptions. Though I often find orchestral music in games like this to be very samey and forgettable, this is not the case for Shadow of the Colossus. All of the songs are very memorable, and the composer was clearly a very talented person.

In the end, this is a game that anyone who likes epic boss fights should play at least once. Again, it is not your typical adventure game and I would not recommend it to the general public. But I have to commend the developers for commiting to such a novel and bold idea, because the result is a game that despite its shortcomings, will always be rememberd by everyone.

Score: 8.5
  29. Aug 4, 2021
    Solid 9.5

This is a unique game, it has a lot of soul in it, maybe the new generation won't understand it.
  30. May 23, 2019
    Shadow of the Colossus was fun while playing it, but the game is really short and that is mildly disappointing.
  31. Jun 17, 2020
    This game is beautiful but it really shows its age with the icredibly clunky controls that can be frustrating at times. But its was still a very interesting experience.
  32. Apr 14, 2020
    You could critique this game by saying there’s no equipment, magic, leveling, or crafting systems. But that’s where SOTC shines. it’s refreshing to sit down and enjoy a game that isn't so mentally stimulating. You have one thing to do, 16 times, and each battle is unique and amazing.
  33. Apr 29, 2021
    My complaint with this remaster is its controls, as if they just left the clunky controls from the original game. The game's certainly not for everyone but it can be enjoyed as a work of art. And as a example of perfection of soundtrack and art direction in video games.
  34. Dec 23, 2018
    The original Shadow of the Colossus is the greatest game of all time for me and it will very likely stay that way. While this HD remake is conspicuously a labour of love, it lacks the transpiring astonishment that was so appealing in the original. I believe Bluepoint did a great job in bringing things back to life again and vastly upgrading the graphical quality, but they haven't quiteThe original Shadow of the Colossus is the greatest game of all time for me and it will very likely stay that way. While this HD remake is conspicuously a labour of love, it lacks the transpiring astonishment that was so appealing in the original. I believe Bluepoint did a great job in bringing things back to life again and vastly upgrading the graphical quality, but they haven't quite nailed the art style of overexposure and the overall colour palette is either a hit or a miss. For instance, the rendition of the first colossus battle and the second one is a bit off the rail, for I don't get that kind of epicness in the original anymore. But the fights against Avion (the bird) and the last colossus feel right on the spot. I really wish they could have taken a closer look at the source material or perhaps a full supervision from Mr. Ueda would have made it work. Expand
  35. Sep 26, 2018
    Deutsche Review - Kritik Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. RegelnDeutsche Review - Kritik Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden? Dann sind hier meine Punkte. Mein persönlicher Score = 93/100 Mein User Score = 9/10 Expand
  36. Sep 19, 2018
    Un excelente remake de uno de los mejores juegos de la historia. Ya en ps2 era espectacular pero ahora se ve todo mas fino y elegante
  37. Oct 7, 2018
    El regreso de Wander.

Este remake de Shadow of the Colossus mantiene todos los elementos, la esencia y la sensación de soledad del original pero con un lavado de cara bestial. Si te gustó el primero, este también.

Imprescindible.
  38. Jan 4, 2019
    When this came out originally on the PS2 it blew me away. I considered it to be The Greatest Game Of All Time. Its elegant simplicity, incredible visuals and soundtrack and huge emotional impact left an indelible mark on me. I was so excited upon hearing it was being remastered for the PS4, and what a job they did. It's not for everyone- I daresay many would find it cumbersome and boring,When this came out originally on the PS2 it blew me away. I considered it to be The Greatest Game Of All Time. Its elegant simplicity, incredible visuals and soundtrack and huge emotional impact left an indelible mark on me. I was so excited upon hearing it was being remastered for the PS4, and what a job they did. It's not for everyone- I daresay many would find it cumbersome and boring, but for the rest of us, this is what a masterpiece looks like. Easiest 10/10 ever. Expand
  39. Jun 5, 2018
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS is on the top five PS4 games of 2018. This remastered version is awesome, it brings beatiful graphics, the gameplay is light and all the colossus are AWESOME ! THEY ARE INSANE ON THE REMASTERED VERSION !. The game has a sweet soundtrack and the history has a kind of sadness that make you play the whole game anxious for the grand finale.
  40. Sep 4, 2018
    This is how a remake should be. this game is great, really addictive from the moment you kill the first colossus you know you'd want to kill more. The Japanese sad tone to the story adds an extra layer of quality. i took a point because on the back of Argo I felt sometimes the controls were a bit clunky but its just me and its really minimal, Brilliant Remake of a great tale.
  41. Jul 25, 2018
    Price Rating $30/$40

Pros + Visually impressive. Such a beautiful game. If you have a PS4 Pro, its even better. + A few quality of life improvements for people that played the original. + Enjoyable story, even though its quite depressing. + Colossus fights are like big puzzles that feel satisfying to solve. I'd recommend not using a guide for the fights, BUT... Cons - Finding
    Price Rating $30/$40

Pros
    + A few quality of life improvements for people that played the original.
    + Enjoyable story, even though its quite depressing.

Cons
    - Finding your way to each colossus is a chore for first time players. I wouldn't blame anyone using a guide to find some of them. The majority of your playtime will be spent running around on your horse.
    - Not much to do in the world outside of the boss fights.
    - Locked at 30FPS if you have a standard or slim PS4.
  42. Sep 5, 2018
    Um grande jogo preso a uma jogabilidade pequena.O jeito como a história é tratada e a proposta de desafio do jogo são muito bem pensadas, mas muito mal executadas no gameplay desagradável e, por vezes, extremamente irritante. Em certas ocasiões, o jogador tem o desafio de ter que derrotar o colosso e superar as irritações causadas pelo gameplay. Mesmo com esse problema "colossal", o jogoUm grande jogo preso a uma jogabilidade pequena.O jeito como a história é tratada e a proposta de desafio do jogo são muito bem pensadas, mas muito mal executadas no gameplay desagradável e, por vezes, extremamente irritante. Em certas ocasiões, o jogador tem o desafio de ter que derrotar o colosso e superar as irritações causadas pelo gameplay. Mesmo com esse problema "colossal", o jogo ainda é bastante atrativo. Gráficos muito bons, trilha sonora muito bem feita e desafios à altura. Expand
  43. May 2, 2018
    Picked this up recently simply because of the nostalgia factor. No doubt this remake looks fantastic and the world is beautiful to behold. However, legacy issues dealing with controls and camera remain and there is nothing new to see here. It's a straight up remaster of the original with a few tweaks to the control scheme. Still, it's a masterpiece of game art and still a pretty boldPicked this up recently simply because of the nostalgia factor. No doubt this remake looks fantastic and the world is beautiful to behold. However, legacy issues dealing with controls and camera remain and there is nothing new to see here. It's a straight up remaster of the original with a few tweaks to the control scheme. Still, it's a masterpiece of game art and still a pretty bold release by today's standards. All you do is ride hard and slay colossi again and again. Once you figure out the key to each one they are cake. There is not much extra to explore within the world either, but the world itself is like a character with a story to tell and is simply beautiful to behold.

It's definitely one my favorite games of all time and I"m glad to enjoy it in all it's new graphical glory, but some elements have not stood the test of time. This was a masterpiece in the PS2 days however and some things like camera and controls sometimes took a back seat back then. However, it's a missed opportunity not to address these issues now. They should have completely revamped the movement, controls, and camera for the new age. Still, I'm glad to have revisited the game once again as the graphical overhaul is well worth it to really enjoy the beautiful atmosphere of this game.
  44. May 16, 2018
    I really loved the PS2 original and subsequent PS3 HD remaster. I consider SOTC to be a gaming classic. At the time I really loved the art, emotionally evoking story and feel to the world. I had mixed feelings about a remake on first hearing of its release. I didn't want it to be a sacrilegious, messed around with, poorly done caricature of my beloved game.

This game is certainly not

This game is certainly not that. It delivers a truly beautiful version, especially in 4k HDR. The game is just spectacular to look at and the game-play of the original is completely intact and unadulterated. The controls are perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned, but will probably need some getting used to for newcomers. I've tried all the new control options and they all seem to work fine to me, both old style and modern. If you've never played this game, absolutely do not let the criticism aimed at the control system put you off! Yes, they're slightly fiddly, but not at all a problem once familiarised. The incredible original soundtrack is as per the original, which certainly needs no improving.The new photo mode option is a great distraction and a welcome addition.

I don't think there is anything lacking at all in this version whatsoever, in fact it's been great playing it again and has deepened my appreciation considerably. The game plays at a relaxing pace most of the time and I find the best way to play it is to just explore and take your time enjoying the atmosphere and amazing scenery and vistas. I find it very relaxing to play and it helps me unwind. Playing it again has made me realise how unique the game is, particularly in the modern gaming climate of fast paced action/ FPS type games, driving sims etc. It's definitely not going to appeal to everyone, but if you allow yourself to be immersed in it's atmosphere and get into the pace of the game, you'll find it an experience unlike anything else. The seemingly low key story, reveals itself to be quite an epic in its later stages.

If any game could be described as having artistic merit (Personally, I think video games definitely have merit as being an art form), it would be this.

*Slight changes I have noticed, to that of the originals: Dormin when speaking, has a female voice layered over the male voice. The lighting of the game is slightly different to the originals. The bloom light effects are not as pronounced. The game does not have quite the same pastoral colour pallette. None of this bothers me, the above were probably due to technical restrictions of the original hardware. I love the new look of the game entirely!
  45. Mar 28, 2018
    +Hauntingly beautiful
    +Fantastic soundtrack
    +Purest sense of adventure +SOC's use of scope and scale is wonderous +Bluepoint have set the new standard for a videogame remake -Controls are clunky at times -No hand holding so objective not always clear! I had just brought my 4ktv and this was the first game I tried and in resolution mode the visuals were most impressive. HDR
    +Hauntingly beautiful
    +Fantastic soundtrack
    +Purest sense of adventure
    +SOC's use of scope and scale is wonderous
    +Bluepoint have set the new standard for a videogame remake
    -Controls are clunky at times
    -No hand holding so objective not always clear!

I had just brought my 4ktv and this was the first game I tried and in resolution mode the visuals were most impressive. HDR highlights the wonderous haunted land accentuating the beauty in the art design. Having only played the original once round a friends on his ps2 years ago I kind of knew what to expect going in, but the experience simply blew me away on my ps4 pro.

According to that same friend this is an accurate remake and nothing new has been added only a visual upgrade so in that regard the game has aged well in my opinion. If you are a fan of adventure games zelda etc and own ps4 then this game is essential for your collection. I kept thinking of films like Legend, Princess Mononoke and Labyrinth as I played through.
  46. Mar 5, 2018
    Graphics: 9.1 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 8.2 Fun/Story: 9.0

Another great game from Japan Studio & Famito Ueda. Amazing level design with a beautiful story. Despite its release some years ago, yhis should be the direction of actual videogames.
  47. Apr 18, 2018
    As you ride into this quest, you immediately see a video game from 2018. On a PlayStation 4 Pro, you can play with a silky frame rate that complements the wind rushing through valleys covered in tall grass and the viney hair of the humongous beasts. Or you can opt for a lower frame rate, with a resolution suitable for a new 4K HDR TV
  48. Sep 11, 2018
    9.5/10

I couldn't play the original on PS2 as the camera was infuriatingly impossible to control but glad I revisited this game the developer Bluepoint has refined and polished it to a fine tee. Closest you're likely to get to Zelda-esque title on PS4, so satisfying to take down this huge scale Colossi and the musical score to accompany it is just breathtaking at times.

A true masterpiece.
  49. Jun 9, 2018
    The original Shadow of Colossus is one of my most favorite game of all time. The remake is probably the best gaming news in 2017. I love everything. it took the best game on PS1 and make it even better. Fantastic story, Breath-taking visual, epic boss battle. 10/10 Flawless
  50. May 17, 2018
    A masterpiece beautifully remade !
    I would like to give it a 10 but the camera still needs work and Wander's face lacks the personality of the PS2 version in my opinion.
    Out of that, Bluepoint's work on the environments and the creatures is outstanding and faithful to the original.
  51. Nov 26, 2018
    Termine Shadow of Colossus, y ya se por que muchos la valoran una obra de arte, a pesar de los controles, el frame rate y problemas con algunos jefes. El final de su historia pega y duro.

Mis colosos favoritos, son los que tienen forma de perro, los más pequeños que hay (muy creativos en mi opinión), el ave y los 3 que tienen forma de gusano.
  52. Feb 25, 2018
    Shadow of the Colossus was a game that I missed on both PS2 and PS3, but one that had not slipped my radar. Luckily it has been remade from the ground up for a new generation of gamers and boy am I glad I picked it up. It's a very minimalistic game with not a lot to it. The world is simple, yet very intricate and detailed. The actual gameplay consist of riding a horse, climbing colossi,Shadow of the Colossus was a game that I missed on both PS2 and PS3, but one that had not slipped my radar. Luckily it has been remade from the ground up for a new generation of gamers and boy am I glad I picked it up. It's a very minimalistic game with not a lot to it. The world is simple, yet very intricate and detailed. The actual gameplay consist of riding a horse, climbing colossi, and stabbing/shooting colossi. The story is extremely vague up until the very end. But even those things aren't what really make Shadow great, it's experiencing each one of these colossi without any clue how to bring them down. They are truly some of the greatest things to ever be put in a game. My only gripe would be the controls. I understand the excuse as to why they would be difficult to use, but it's still a pain in the neck. Expand
  53. Jun 17, 2018
    The original version of the game was a bit wonky, and the motion blur killed my eyes. But this remake completely fixed all of that, and now Shadow of The Colossus has become one of my favorite games of all time. Every boss is memorable and extremely sad to take down. The story was engaging and heartbreaking, and the game sounds and looks incredible. Plus the atmosphere felt so alone andThe original version of the game was a bit wonky, and the motion blur killed my eyes. But this remake completely fixed all of that, and now Shadow of The Colossus has become one of my favorite games of all time. Every boss is memorable and extremely sad to take down. The story was engaging and heartbreaking, and the game sounds and looks incredible. Plus the atmosphere felt so alone and sad, and the music is some of the best I have heard in a video game. Expand
  54. Mar 6, 2018
    Шикарное перерождение шикарной игры! Механики оригинала даже спустя столько лет смотрятся отлично и дарят потрясающий экспириенс! Внимательные и настойчивые игроки, знакомые с оригиналом, найдут для себя кое-что новое.Шикарное перерождение шикарной игры! Механики оригинала даже спустя столько лет смотрятся отлично и дарят потрясающий экспириенс! Внимательные и настойчивые игроки, знакомые с оригиналом, найдут для себя кое-что новое.
  55. Apr 15, 2018
    Awe-inspiring. Shadow of the colossus offers a gripping and captivating experience with it's mountain-like scale colossi and fantastic level/creature design you will almost certainly be gripped in every battle in this game. I'd personally not played the original on the PS2 or the HD version for the PS3 however finally getting to play this game I realise what all the fuss was about. TheAwe-inspiring. Shadow of the colossus offers a gripping and captivating experience with it's mountain-like scale colossi and fantastic level/creature design you will almost certainly be gripped in every battle in this game. I'd personally not played the original on the PS2 or the HD version for the PS3 however finally getting to play this game I realise what all the fuss was about. The level of intricate programming that must have gone into this cannot be overstated, a lot of passion was put into making this game and it surely shows. The sound in the game was fantastic every detail from simply galloping along on your horse to the roars of the colossus was perfectly implemented and had a very real feel to it, allowing the full immersion of you and the game.

The graphics. I've never been so satisfied with water, which is a big thing to me, and considering this is a remaster too astonishes me. The colossus have very real features with no flare or un-textured spots on them, such as hair that moves along with the direction you are moving in, and intricate engravings on the parts that you cant even climb on. Love was put into this game and cannot stress enough, if you love great graphics in a game, this is another reason you should check this one out.

Moreover the gameplay, is mostly amazing, it almost always works and climbing your first colossus is an experience I'll never forget. However, with some of the colossi after even just the first one I started experiencing some difficulties with the camera, and the actual movement on the colossus. Such as when I was climbing the second one I would get stuck on strange places, lose stamina and fall off for no reason, which was frustrating. Furthermore the camera quite a few times was very frustrating as it moved on its own. Even when just riding your horse it would sometimes feel very ridged and robotic and you tried to manoeuvre your way through tight spaces, but couldn't see anything just because of the camera. Although sometimes frustrating I found these things didn't happen too often, and it is a remaster from the ground up. This is the only reason I didn't give it a 9 or a 10.

The story I found was more of something there to keep you going, it wasn't too necessary to a game like this but more added reason behind what you are doing. It had a very big plot twist I didn't expect but loved and I felt it was satisfactory to what it set out to do. It's not a huge story but it's still there and very prominent in moments.

Overall shadow of the colossus was an extremely rare experience in gaming and one you will surely remember, with excellent sound work, stunning visuals and excellent gameplay shadow of the colossus will go down as one of my all time favourites, a must have for all types of gamers.
  56. Apr 21, 2018
    I love that even with the technology that we have now making one of the best game of the PS2 era look so great on the PS4 feels just the same when i play it the first time back when it came out on the PS2.
  57. Feb 26, 2018
    Never got to play the original but I can see why fans adored it and why a remaster was done, an amazing game to play and when you see and overcome the colossi it’s such an achievement, and with a fantastic story to run along side. Epic and beautiful
  58. Feb 26, 2018
    Since the past generations I've been wanting to play this game, finally it came in the right time for me to play, in the best generations in years, and performing fantastically in the PS4Pro, the experience was amazing. Despite few bugs in the game, I enjoyed it alot, and the end of the game touched my heart. I now understand why the game is a masterpiece, I really look forward to playSince the past generations I've been wanting to play this game, finally it came in the right time for me to play, in the best generations in years, and performing fantastically in the PS4Pro, the experience was amazing. Despite few bugs in the game, I enjoyed it alot, and the end of the game touched my heart. I now understand why the game is a masterpiece, I really look forward to play more games like this. Strongly recommended to anyone who wants to join a special mythological adventure with giant colossus and a different atmosphere. Expand
  59. Mar 31, 2018
    Great&Beautiful game. missed it on PS2, decided to buy it now and didnt regret it, 9 just because cameras and controls are sometimes "buggy". (And I hated the last Colossus :)
  60. Apr 14, 2018
    El trabajo de Blupoint no es más que un detalle para los amantes de este mítico juego. Su lore y su originalidad mantienen su esencia; un juego de 10 en PS2 y clásico atemporal sin duda alguna que nuevamente deja a todos rendidos ante su majestuosidad. Hermoso.
  61. Feb 25, 2018
    An excellent remake done with an attention-to-detail that could only come from a true love for the source material. The stunning graphics and superbly remastered soundtrack are second only to the ever great, largely untouched gameplay of the original. My only complaint is that the camera is often times overly eager to snap you back to the angle that it feels is best, rather than giving youAn excellent remake done with an attention-to-detail that could only come from a true love for the source material. The stunning graphics and superbly remastered soundtrack are second only to the ever great, largely untouched gameplay of the original. My only complaint is that the camera is often times overly eager to snap you back to the angle that it feels is best, rather than giving you that control. Expand
  62. Mar 20, 2018
  63. Mar 23, 2018
    No había tenido oportunidad de jugarlo antes y el poder jugarlo en ps4 me parece una gozada, un juego hermoso con una historia simple pero buena, los colossos parece que tienen vida propia, y la banda sonara que puedo decir... ESPECTACULAR.

I had not had a chance to play it before and to play it in PS4 I find a joy, a beautiful game with a simple but good story, the Colossus seem to have life of its own, and the band sounds that I can say... SPECTACULAR
  64. Apr 26, 2018
    Game: Shadow of the colossus 2018
    My Rating (from 0 to 100): 90
    Story (0 to 20): 10 (This includes pacing/ narrative and lore) A good story is essential to keep a lot of players interested in your game. Characters (0 to 20): 10 (This includes voice acting / animations and how they complement the story) Even if your story is great, if the characters are un-interesting or just
    Game: Shadow of the colossus 2018
    My Rating (from 0 to 100): 90

Story (0 to 20): 10
    (This includes pacing/ narrative and lore)
    A good story is essential to keep a lot of players interested in your game.

Characters (0 to 20): 10
    (This includes voice acting / animations and how they complement the story)
    Even if your story is great, if the characters are un-interesting or just stupid in the context of the game, it will ruin the game. A good story-teller is at least as important as a good story.

Gameplay (0 to 20): 20
    (This includes combat/ movement and the way you interact in the world)
    if you just want a good story with good characters alone, go watch a movie! Gameplay is one if not the most important part of a successful game.

Design (0 to 15): 15 + Bonus 10
    (This includes world design / character design / creative spin on common practices)
    Everybody has seen a simple medieval castle / an ordinary zombie and an M16 AR. Keep things fresh and interesting, give game devs the freedom to give their personal spin on things.

Bonus Ratings
    These are more personal.

Soundtrack (0 to 15): 15
    A great soundtrack is in my opinion a must for a 10/10.

Replay/Endgame (0 to 5): 5
    I like to play more even after the story has finished like side quests. I would also include side activities in games to this like; the last of us multiplayer or Doom’s map editor.

Polish (0 to 5): 5
    (Is it buggy or not? Do parts of the game feel rushed? But remember, bugs can be fixed)
    Well do I have to explain? No one likes a buggy/leggy game. It breaks immersion and f%cks your play trough. I still have nightmares from the assassin’s creed “no face” bug…

Extra:
    They should have added a 17th colossus XD.
  65. Jun 27, 2018
    A vast, empty land. A heavy, morbid tone of loneliness and isolation. Flooded with mystery, Shadow of the Colossus creates a world that gives the player a palpable sense of reality. The world is an aspect, commonly glossed over, of which the game deserves more credit for; while scarce and quiet, it begins to seem vast and majestic, allowing the player to lose all sense of location andA vast, empty land. A heavy, morbid tone of loneliness and isolation. Flooded with mystery, Shadow of the Colossus creates a world that gives the player a palpable sense of reality. The world is an aspect, commonly glossed over, of which the game deserves more credit for; while scarce and quiet, it begins to seem vast and majestic, allowing the player to lose all sense of location and engage with a vivid fantasy.

Scattered through the lengthy paths of the setting are towering bosses, which prompt critical thinking in order to be overcome. While each is different, they all share a common feature of weak points, and repetition becomes evident. If any boss were used as a final challenge for another fantasy adventure, contrasting to common boss designs, it would be magnificently used for dramatic contrast, but when being constantly lined up, these monumental quests appear more as menial monotony.

For every moment a player can experience, Shadow of the Colossus offers a soundtrack that matches it perfectly; from calm isolation, to dreading fear, to a sense of magnificent accomplishment, the musical score matches it without flaw. Every piece is fantastic, and helps not only craft an untouchable atmosphere, but tell a story that images never could. This phenomenal composition is remarkable, and I struggle to find something that surpasses it.

Shadow of the Colossus takes a lot of praise for being unique. It blew away the people who had few expectations, and that newly kindled flame of shock never dwindled amongst them. However, remove the rose tinted glasses, take a look deeper, and you'll see a game quite overrated by its audience of 2005's enthusiastic youths. I enjoy Shadow of the Colossus, for its many merits, but it will never be the flawless masterpiece many regard it as.
  66. May 10, 2018
    As a remaster/remake, this is an absolute beast of a game, the level of detail they put into every aspect of it is breathtaking.
    But... there isn't anything new that wasn't in the PS3 HD or PS2 versions - apart from graphics - so if you didn't dig the game the first time then don't expect to like it now.
    It's still a polarising game, and it's not for all tastes.
  67. Nov 1, 2018
    A solid game with no filler. Just exciting boss fight action without much in between.
  68. Nov 19, 2018
    It's hard to describe how amazing this game really is, the atmosphere, the soundtrack, the epic battles, and the simple but intriguing story is what made Shadow Of The Colossus one of the best when it first came out on the PS2.

They made a great job porting it to the PS4, the graphics are gorgeous, and the filters and photo mode add to the fun for those who have already played the game on the PS2, I still have some problems with the camera, It moves by itself many times, and it's almost impossible to control it, I know you can focus on the colossus by pressing a button, but still, I would have loved to have full control of the camera as we do in most games.

Some people don't like to walk around the vast world of Shadow Of The Colossus because it's "lifeless", and it really is, but that's part of the game's experience, they don't play a soundtrack when you're exploring the world, which creates a silence that gives the player a feeling of solitude, I mean, you're going on an impossible quest, in a cursed land where life pretty much doesn't exist, with only your horse as your ally. Shadow Of The Colossus was set up in a way that this lifeless atmosphere works on its favor.

You should definitely pick it up if you haven't played it yet, as you should know, it's a classic and everyone who's a gamer should experience it at some point, granted some people won't like it, while others will, but I mean, you'll only know it if you play it, so go for it!
  69. Feb 19, 2018
    A real masterpiece.

Greatly enhanced since PS2, this game is a genuine piece of art.
    An immersive world with a magical atmosphere, meaningful dialogues, amazing story,
    magnificent graphics, astounding music and carefully crafted ambient, simple, fun and clean gameplay.
    The animations are insanely detailed.

I am left speechless.
  70. Mar 22, 2018
    eu joguei no ps2 e me lembro ate hoje do sentimento de grandiosidade que o game passava eu achava incrivel o quao belo era o game na epoca mais esse remake/remaster deixou o game ainda melhor ,trilha sonora incrivel ambientaçao imersiva ,movimentaçao convicente ,porem pouco fator replay e quase nada de adiçao ao jogo custava fazer 1 colosso novo para nos fazer jogar o game 2 vezes ou poreu joguei no ps2 e me lembro ate hoje do sentimento de grandiosidade que o game passava eu achava incrivel o quao belo era o game na epoca mais esse remake/remaster deixou o game ainda melhor ,trilha sonora incrivel ambientaçao imersiva ,movimentaçao convicente ,porem pouco fator replay e quase nada de adiçao ao jogo custava fazer 1 colosso novo para nos fazer jogar o game 2 vezes ou por alguma cut-cene secreta sei la acho que melhorar o que ja e bom e sempre possivel. Expand
  71. Apr 24, 2018
    It was a great game on PlayStation 2 and it was one of my favorite games all times. This is an excellent remake and other game companies should learn how to make remakes like this.
    In my opinion if you have Ps4 you should definelity need to try this game, this game will surprise you how capable is Ps4.
  72. Mar 23, 2018
    I'm not sure how many people really asked for this. I bet we all would've been fine with another HD port, but now that it's all said and done, Shadow of the Colossus Remastered is pretty damn stellar. It adds just enough to feel fresh but doesn't overstep any nostalgic boundaries. It's basically what all video game remasters should strive to be.

The updated control scheme is probably

The updated control scheme is probably the only thing that kind of irked me, but I don't honestly see it as a bad thing. They're definitely more modernized (X is jump instead of Triangle, for example). Regardless, I prefer the original control scheme - and they tossed in the option to change either back to the original set-up OR go with a pseudo-updated set-up that's mostly the same except the roll command is mapped to Circle (whereas before it was R1+Circle). Genius.
  73. Apr 12, 2018
    This very appreciated game is the world all-time classic i can enjoy with my kids when i get old
  74. Jun 6, 2018
    So, you want review? Want a game with zero grinding or annoying side quests? Want a game with almost zero dialogue? Zen out with the almost kid friendly boss-climbing masterpiece.

When other fantasy games get you lost in some kind of narrative- SOC leaves a lot to your imagination which I found to be similar to Dark Souls. Yes there is a damsel in distress but it's no big deal. The difficulty level on this game was not high.

The graphics here are super. REALLY SUPER. Ride along cliff sides and peer down to the water falls below. Relax, you will never be attacked. You can fall off cliffs and die however.

SOC provided a very memorable game experience that I will not soon forget.
  75. Jul 18, 2018
    İts a amazing bosses and Very good Story its a game of the year i Love shadow of the cololsus
  76. Feb 21, 2018
    Great game. seriously. If you haven't played the original this is the definitive version with updated graphics that look amazing and a new control scheme.
  77. May 6, 2018
    To be blunt and quick with this review, this is a polished and visual re-imagining of the PS2 classic, this is a way games from the past should be preserved.
  78. Apr 26, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es un buen juego para tener en tu colección, la historia es buena, tiene buena mecánica de jefes. El mapa te ayuda mucho para guiarte, hay varias armas y cada sirve para algo. Llevo unas 200 horas jugadas aproximadamente por que me gusta mucho analizar el juego hasta donde puedes llegar con el personaje.

POSITIVO:
    -Hay varias armas
    -Que puede mejorar la vida y energía
    -Buenos graficos

NEGATIVO:
    -Los coleccionables son muy pesados de encontrar
    -Tiene varios bugs
    -Cuando caes al suelo tardas mucho en levantarte
  79. Mar 18, 2018
    I remember fellow gamers trying to convince me to play this game when it originally released on PS2 but at the time I was too focused on other games. Just over a decade later I've found they were absolutely right, this is a masterpiece.a fairytale-like story, with an amazing ending that is heartbreaking and beautiful. Plus now it's one of the best looking games on the PlayStation 4. A MUST HAVE.
  80. Mar 5, 2018
    To this day, no game has come anywhere close to dethroning SotC as my favorite game of all time. It has its flaws, like everything else in our vast universe, but as a total package—the awe-inspiring sense of scale, the crushing loneliness that hangs over every inch of the Forbidden Lands, the captivating yet minimalistic narrative style, the morally questionable actions of the protagonist,To this day, no game has come anywhere close to dethroning SotC as my favorite game of all time. It has its flaws, like everything else in our vast universe, but as a total package—the awe-inspiring sense of scale, the crushing loneliness that hangs over every inch of the Forbidden Lands, the captivating yet minimalistic narrative style, the morally questionable actions of the protagonist, the sheer artistic majesty—nothing compares to SotC, and I doubt anything ever will...in my lifetime, at least.

A true classic, that can stand beside the great masterpieces from any medium (not just video games) or any era.

The GOAT is reborn.
  81. Feb 27, 2018
    those dont like this game must be the ones like to fight minions a lot before the big boss. this game better than all zelda games combined.
  82. Mar 14, 2018
    This is a solid remaster that does a great job of modernizing the visuals while retaining the qualities that made the game a classic of its time but as a remake I do feel that it is a missed opportunity. The game is faithful to the original and adds a few improvements but it still has problems that are hard to ignore in a modern game. While I respect the fact that they kept the feel of theThis is a solid remaster that does a great job of modernizing the visuals while retaining the qualities that made the game a classic of its time but as a remake I do feel that it is a missed opportunity. The game is faithful to the original and adds a few improvements but it still has problems that are hard to ignore in a modern game. While I respect the fact that they kept the feel of the original. I really wish they had fixed camera issues and somewhat rough controls. The remake also misses the opportunity to make the game as grand as it was originally intended to be by adding more colossi. The original game was limited by development restrictions but a remake doesn't have those same excuses. They really could have made this a must buy if they added some of the Colossi that were cut from the original game. All around it is just as good as the original and visually a solid step up but it has been 13 years since the original and the standards have risen.

The original gameplay of Shadow of the Colossus was revolutionary and surprisingly there is still no other game quite like it. Other games have borrowed elements from it in many areas but in terms of making bosses large moving puzzles it still stands alone. The climbing mechanics and physics are no longer as impressive though and seem a little unpolished compared to more recent games. The camera is still a chore to deal with and really makes some parts very frustrating. I found myself fighting the camera constantly throughout the game. The horse controls are also very frustrating at times. The bow controls were decent but inferior to modern games and probably could have been tightened up. On the plus side there are options for adjusting the control sensitivity and some options for remapping buttons. Overall the controls are a bit better than the original but not much.

While the story is a simple one, the tone, pacing, believe-ability and intrigue that it creates is masterful. It is like a modern myth. There is still no other game story that I can think of quite like this one. I just wish there was more to it. What is there is close to perfect but it is a very short and ambiguous story. Some people will love it but some people will definitely find it frustrating. I personally like the story a lot and still think about it often but I really feel like there should have been more and this being a remake definitely missed the opportunity to build on the Lore in a meaningful way.

In terms of visuals, it looks like a modern game while keeping most of the style that made the original so iconic. It obviously doesn't look as detailed as something like Horizon: Zero Dawn but it holds its own. The original style of the game made it stand out from everything else on the PS2 and the remake did a fairly good job of recapturing that while still looking like a new game.

The soundtrack is one of my favorites of all time and it still is. There really wasn't anything to fix and the remake retains that. Every song perfectly captures the emotions of the moment while never really getting annoying. The quiet sounds of the barren landscape offer just enough ambiance to be immersive. The sound effects are all appropriate and never distracts from the experience. The remake also gives you a lot of control over the sound volumes so it is easy to balance out the sounds to your preference.

Overall I think this was a solid remake of a classic but don't expect more than that. It looks pretty and new but at the end of the day this is a 13 year old game with a new coat of paint. If you want to replay the original with modern visuals, you will likely love it but aside from a few new additions like a long treasure hunt that adds nothing to the story, this is the same game. It is still a great work of art and worth experiencing though. It is a one of a kind that I still love but it won't be for everybody and it has objective flaws.
  83. Mar 5, 2018
    A beautiful remaster! I remember playing SoC on PS2 when it first game out and was blown away at the time, now the remaster comes out and ups the ante. Still its the amazing game that I remember, by far one of the best looking games on PS4. Graphically this game is a masterpiece, the environments and Colossi looks so amazing in HD. They did a great job with the remaster, but why oh whyA beautiful remaster! I remember playing SoC on PS2 when it first game out and was blown away at the time, now the remaster comes out and ups the ante. Still its the amazing game that I remember, by far one of the best looking games on PS4. Graphically this game is a masterpiece, the environments and Colossi looks so amazing in HD. They did a great job with the remaster, but why oh why did they not update the controls and cameras? The controls still feel as clunky as the original and the **** camera angles you get while dangling off a Colossi are ridiculous. definitely a game that is worth the $40 price tag, just wish it was longer! Expand
  84. Feb 20, 2018
    Esse jogo, para mim, e para muitos, é o melhor jogo de todos os tempos, marcou infâncias, marcou gerações, com uma gameplay praticamente que única, merece todos os créditos, como o melhor jogo, ainda mais feito por um dos caras que manja no assunto de games, realmente, esse jogo é simplesmente magnifico!!!
  85. Mar 23, 2018
    muito bom! ewreuiorywruewurewurwurywuiruwriwryuwirwrywuirywriwyriwyriwryuuwi
  86. Feb 28, 2018
    Shadow of the Colossus is phenomenal; the graphics and environments are stunning, the music is beautiful, and the colossi/boss fights are massive in scale and epic. It is a simplistic open world game, with little to no dialogue and very basic core mechanics. But it is an intriguing world and atmosphere that separates this game from the rest.
  87. Apr 4, 2018
    old games are more different and more special than new ones after all these progress in gaming industry.hope to see such these games in future.
  88. Apr 19, 2018
    A pesar de los años, este juego sigue siendo una obra maestra. Siempre critiqué la jugabilidad de la versión original por ser algo tosca, especialmente Agro, pero era mi única queja, y esta versión la solventa con creces. Peleas épicas, banda sonora que le da mil vueltas a las de muchas películas, y una historia que hay que vivirla, no te la pueden contar. Recomendado 100%.
  89. Apr 20, 2018
    Team Ico creo un gran titulo de culto que no es apto para cualquier jugador, ahora en manos de BluePoint nos llega este remake en exclusiva para PS4, en cual a pesar de dejar casi intacto el juego original (cosa que no esta del nada mal) y hace un pulido gráfico, llevando este titulo a la nueva generación y el cual luce espectacular, el gameplay esta intacto salvo que ahora esta la opciónTeam Ico creo un gran titulo de culto que no es apto para cualquier jugador, ahora en manos de BluePoint nos llega este remake en exclusiva para PS4, en cual a pesar de dejar casi intacto el juego original (cosa que no esta del nada mal) y hace un pulido gráfico, llevando este titulo a la nueva generación y el cual luce espectacular, el gameplay esta intacto salvo que ahora esta la opción de cambiar la configuracion de botones, de ahi en fuera la cámara torpe y el movimiento de nuestros personajes es la misma, sin embargo el titulo co su lavado de cara parece un juego fresco de este 2018, cabe destacar que como bien mencione es un titulo de culto y que no es para todo publico, ya que el juego no esta lleno de acción y hay muchos momentos vacíos específicos para la búsqueda de los colosos.
    Pero esto no quita que el juego sea maravilloso en su propio sentido y que esta renovación es un gran acierto por parte de Sony PlayStation ya que al fin y al cabo pone un nuevo titulo mas al amplio catalogo de la PS4.
  90. Mar 21, 2018
    Tudo que já era épico está presente novamente neste Remake em uma escala ainda maior e mais imersiva. Os controles foram melhorados, os gráficos estão de tirar o fôlego e a trilha sonora se mantém igualmente memorável.
  91. Mar 25, 2018
    An actual masterpiece. When I heard they were remaking this I was worried but it is basically the same game with some modern options. Even Argo is still derpy.
  92. Mar 6, 2018
    I can proudly say that I picked this up back in the PS2 days without any idea what this game was. Sat down with my girlfriend at that time and we were kind of clueless and lost - "what the hell are we supposed to do? We just wander around?". But the game was haunting, beautiful; the loneliness and the mystery made us want to remain there, in that old, forgotten, almost abandoned realm.I can proudly say that I picked this up back in the PS2 days without any idea what this game was. Sat down with my girlfriend at that time and we were kind of clueless and lost - "what the hell are we supposed to do? We just wander around?". But the game was haunting, beautiful; the loneliness and the mystery made us want to remain there, in that old, forgotten, almost abandoned realm.

And then we found the first "giant". Or boss. Or colossus. "What the hell? Do we attack its feet?", we asked each other, while nothing seemed to happen. "Try hitting it with arrows", she said. Nothing. "What the hell are we supposed to do... climb it or something?".

And then that was it. We were in love with that game, forever. "No way! No way!!!". We realized: the BOSS WAS THE PUZZLE. And that was it. Finding it, learning about it, outsmarting it, climbing it, finding its weak spots, killing it.

I remember how mesmerized and shocked and amazed we were. Games were NEVER like that. We knew we had something different, so different, in our hands. And that was "Shadow of the Colossus", a timeless, unforgettable tale.

Once it was released in the PS3 I played it again - loved and enjoyed every second of it - even though I pretty much knew everything I had to do. The game was incredible, still was. Modern, bold, fresh, perfect.

And then... came this remake. My eyes could not believe the first trailers, once it was announced at E3. It was hard to believe, it was unreal. They were remaking this game... and what a beauty this is. The PS4 version is probably closer to Fumito Ueda's ideal version of it, since the systems back then were so limited. And I was thrilled to see that it was exactly the same game, just bigger, better, sharper, more beautiful, more haunting. But that loneliness, that solitude, that mysterious sense of visiting an abandoned realm was still there, just as I remembered. And what a joy it was to be back.

This is one of those games that I wanted to get 2 copies. One to open and play exhaustively. Another to frame and hang in the wall. This is a masterpiece.
  93. Feb 9, 2018
    Impressive in scale and spectacle, this remake will go down as one of the best. The detail of the environment is one of the most notable changes, which reinforces the wonderful sense of isolation and emptiness that the game goes for and succeeds in. The battles with the Colossi are for the most part very enjoyable, although there are occasional moments of frustration due to the controls -Impressive in scale and spectacle, this remake will go down as one of the best. The detail of the environment is one of the most notable changes, which reinforces the wonderful sense of isolation and emptiness that the game goes for and succeeds in. The battles with the Colossi are for the most part very enjoyable, although there are occasional moments of frustration due to the controls - not dissimilar to the issues of The Last Guardian, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Shadow of the Colossus is ultimately a rather satisfying, yet poignant experience with gameplay that feels rewarding and a story that leaves itself nicely open for discussion. Expand
  94. Feb 7, 2018
    The very best of Team Ico and one of the most astounding games ever crafted in the history of gaming. No bias here I've been a Nintendo fan and this one captures my interest in Remakes. Hopefully, soon there will be more like this specifically those titles that worthy of remakes. Kudos to Bluepoint aswell!
  95. Feb 15, 2018
    This is an absolute masterpiece. It even improved and went beyond what the original game could
  96. Mar 20, 2018
    As a first time player who has wanted to play this game for a long time, but just didn't know about it in the peak of the PS2 era, I just have to say. Wow. The game was short but not too short and did not overstay its welcome, I think it's the perfect length for the story it was trying to tell and the gameplay elements that they had. The visuals are amazing, as they were in the day, theyAs a first time player who has wanted to play this game for a long time, but just didn't know about it in the peak of the PS2 era, I just have to say. Wow. The game was short but not too short and did not overstay its welcome, I think it's the perfect length for the story it was trying to tell and the gameplay elements that they had. The visuals are amazing, as they were in the day, they have been given a full remake in order to do it justice in 2018 and it works. I loved the weird more cinematic camera angles that show off the landscape of this beautiful came, and there is an extreme amount of personality in the characters, despite little dialogue and showing of a lot of them. Actions speak leagues more than words.

I don't want to spoil anything about the story, but just know it's good - its very very good, the more you think about it afterwards, the better it gets. Definitely get this game if you haven't played it yet. Also I really want an Ico remaster now.
  97. Feb 13, 2018
    That game is amazing. I have just finished my first go, most of time attacks, half of go on hard. Game is amazing (except for 2 first bosses, which are easy and easy = boring AF). I really like the game, how it played, how amazing music is, how amazing fights are, how climatic it is and I loved the ending of the game!

but 9/10 because of stupid camera, 10/10 is for excellent games and

but 9/10 because of stupid camera, 10/10 is for excellent games and camera is can be pain in ass, so 9/10.

The game is not for everyone.
  98. Feb 10, 2018
    Heard very good things about the original so decided to check out the remake. I can see why this is regarded as one of the best games of all time. The colossus designs are amazing and make up some of the best boss battles that I have ever played. That alongside the soundtrack and updated visuals create a perfect atmosphere for the game.

The only thing stopping me from giving this game a

The only thing stopping me from giving this game a 10/10 is that sometimes I had problems with the camera when in tight spaces. Also the player character stays on the ground for an annoying amount of time when he is knocked down. This resulted in a couple of the colossus getting one hit on me and then just hitting me over and over before I could get out of the way.
  99. Mar 3, 2018
    Bluepoint producer with the supervision of Fumito Ueda, remade the forbidden lands that all the fans imagined for the 8th generation.
  100. Feb 10, 2018
    El juego mejora graficamente mucho respecto al original, pero la verdad creo que es un juego muy sobrevalorado, es un mundo muy vacio, y te limitas al buscar a los colosos con tu espada y luego acabar con ellos, ni misiones secundarias ni nada.

Universal acclaim - based on 100 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 24, 2018
    Perfectly polished and improved cult game – even with better controls! Killing giant monsters has never been so much (melancholic) fun. [Issue#283]
  2. Apr 24, 2018
    A tribute to the Fumito Ueda will delight the veterans of the original game same as introduce this classic to the newcomers, who are not tuned on a nostalgic note. An ideal opportunity to improve your video game education and a wonderful experience in the same time. Some clumsy controls and occasionally stubborn camera can’t ruin the great experience.
  3. CD-Action
    Apr 3, 2018
    It’s a good remaster, but frankly I find it unnecessary. Those who have already played the game on PS2 or PS3 will find nothing new here, and those who didn’t have the chance to get acquainted with it probably will not understand what we saw in Shadow of the Colossus 12 years ago, when gaming reality was completely different. [03/2018, p.66]