5.5

1. Sep 7, 2015
    Xeodrifter gave me a polished 2-D experience that reminded me of some of my childhood favorites. It was a pleasantly short game that I would recommend to anyone who enjoyed Megaman or Metroid as found on the NES.
  2. Nov 7, 2015
    I tend to be a bit skeptical about the free PS+ games and I went into this with my guard up, but before long it had its hooks in me and I was grinning at the screen. Classic "metroidvania" game play, the retro art and sound design grew on me too. Real gem and well worth playing.
  3. Jul 6, 2016
    An 8 feels right for this one. It's an old-school Metroid-inspired type of game, where you work your way through a handful of levels that you can freely travel to, and collect powerups along the way that give you new abilities. These powerups are required to reach some of the later, more hidden areas of each level, similar to the type of retreading you'd do in a Metroid game. It's very,An 8 feels right for this one. It's an old-school Metroid-inspired type of game, where you work your way through a handful of levels that you can freely travel to, and collect powerups along the way that give you new abilities. These powerups are required to reach some of the later, more hidden areas of each level, similar to the type of retreading you'd do in a Metroid game. It's very, very short (took me 5 hours to finish) and a bit easy, but for what it is it's a very fun, charming, and enjoyable experience. Just don't expect a 20+ hour game like Metroid Prime. Expand
  4. Aug 5, 2016
    When it came for free in PS+, I played 10 minutes and drop it. I though it was just too hard and elaborated.
    But then after months I gave the game a second chance, and was surprised how easy, atmospheric and addictive is it. I enjoyed to explore, and the story is nice too. Nothing uncommon, but is a good one retro.
  5. Nov 10, 2020
    Recién acabado, quizás no sea el juego más original y tenga ciertas carencias pero un buen rato de entretenimiento está garantizado. Un poco desafiante al principio, aunque se hace quizá demasiado fácil conforme consigues las mejoras. En definitiva un kuego que hace bien lo que hace, aunque para mi gusto muy cortito.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 27, 2015
    Renegade Kid’s throwback to yesteryear in both style and gameplay make for a rather difficult, but ultimately rewarding game that perfectly captures the tone of pulp sci-fi.
  2. Oct 11, 2015
    Retro 8-bit platforming at its best.
  3. Oct 2, 2015
    While not pushing the boundaries of the genre in any significant way, Xeodrifter is a well made game which is sometimes all we need.