8.1

1. Feb 9, 2022
    Sifu is a amazing game yet so hard to play it to te end and that is fine as long you have fun with the game
  2. Feb 9, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game hits u like a monk in a rollercoaster full of apes. Whoever likes games like sekiro, with a mix of a rogue lite and a gods implemented age Mechanik. This game is a hit. Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2022
    Good-
    This game has some great graphics and looks surprisingly well especially for a indie game. The combat is challenging but in a good way to where I wanna keep coming back and figure out what I did wrong to finally overcome that hurdle. The level design is amazing and the variety of enemies you fight makes the game fun and engaging.
    Bad- When you are in tense situations the camera
    Good-

Bad-
    When you are in tense situations the camera can be a bit janky and cause some unfair deaths. While I love the level design the fact you have to replay levels from the start really becomes a drag after a while. Also you can use weapons and while they are cool they are not as fun as they could have been.

Thoughts-
    This is a refreshing take on the beat 'em up genre and makes the game so much fun to play. I enjoy overcoming the challenges the game throws at you and it makes the game so much more fun. I will admit it is a niche type of game and its more meant for people experienced with the genre but it is still super fun and addicting to play and retry levels over and over.
  4. Feb 12, 2022
    Sifu is a very visually pleasant game, but falls short of being a stellar character action game due to subpar design decisions.

Let's talk about the good bits first. The game has gorgeous presentation. Although the attention to detail is not spread evenly across the game in my experience, when it's there, it's really strong. Enemies react just enough to your performance that it feels believable, losing and gaining confidence as the upper hand shifts. They can interact with each other just as much as they can with you which adds to the chaos. It's less Bruce Lee and more Jackie Chan: full of chaos and improv. Replay value is good and the five levels are densely packed enough with a fair bit of cross-level interaction. Even the simple things like your skill tree being a literal tree that grows as you unlock abilities add to a very visually appealing experience.

Now for the bad parts.

Sifu is all about fake depth. Initially, it's intimidating due to a steep learning curve, which comes from two things: the game has terrible controls, and the game has terrible tutorials. Among a slew of minor problems that render the combat not quite as good as it could have been, these constitute the core things that make Sifu a game that's frustrating in ways that feel accidental.

The game's combat suffers from a significant problem with feedback and encounter design. Defensive moves have close to no visual or sound indicators for success. Parrying in particular only has a small and brief red flash on your hand when you succeed: enemies don't actually get staggered or slowed down until they've completed their entire move string. It's a far cry from the games it's obviously taking inspiration form, like Sekiro's parrying and Devil May Cry 5's Royal Guard, where successful parries are loud, flashy and impossible to miss. This might have been done to keep the visual style clean, but it really makes the gameplay suffer. This extends to enemy attacks, which are often very fast, hard to read due to their complexity, and lack good indicators for their states: they'll glow for a little while if they are strong attacks, have an extra little circle if they can't be blocked at all, and that's it. Enemies are difficult because they're hard to read in a way that could have been improved, not so much because they require tight timing or smart reactions.

In terms of controls, Sifu suffers a similar problem as the same team's previous effort Absolver where it feels like controls were almost entirely arbitrary. Just downright strange decisions like putting most of your defensive moves in a single button but splitting weapon interaction on two separate keys, letting you rebind only some buttons and not others, having dodge and sprint on the triggers and wasting keys altogether (like the interact button, a thing you will barely, ever use and is irrelevant to the game's combat, occupies a face button for some inexplicable reason). It feels like the game is doing a different control scheme from what is intuitive just because it could, to fairly middling results.

Encounter design is also middling. The game is extremely front loaded with good encounters and the later levels fall off hard in terms of them. It makes for an odd experience where the first two stages are full of great small moments and the later are just kind of boring lead-ups to an interesting boss.

The tutorials make matters worse, not because they are too limited but because they are actively misleading. The game puts an emphasis on parrying: it's taught to you first, it's put front and center, it's the first thing your defense option does before it lets you do anything else. In reality, parrying is near useless: the real meat of the game, and the one that breaks it entirely, is evasion. Dodging attacks in place is so easy, so incredibly simple to spam, so brainless and yet is the answer to literally everything: not a single attack in the game cannot be evaded in some capacity, a handful requiring a slightly different form of evasion which is only made harder to achieve by way of bad controls. Once you are past this initial slump of realizing that the game is lying to you about what works, the levels become somewhat of a breeze.

There's definitely more that could have been done with the game. Fine-tuning was direly needed and it's nowhere near as hard as people claim, it's just obtuse in what works and what doesn't and the difficulty that's actually there comes down to badly designed enemies and visual elements more than anything deliberate. The lack of additional features like a proper ranking system, a survival mode and/or arena mode, etc are all a bit disappointing; the game offers plenty enough in terms of content, but small extras would have been welcome. It's clear where the effort went with this game and it's undeniably a better product than Absolver, but it still falls short of being a genuinely good game to me.
  5. Feb 12, 2022
    Strong candidate for GOTY and the best indie game to date.
    Absolutely wonderful combat with the animations I always wanted to see in a video game.
    It’s all about git gud, not RPG progression.
  6. Feb 11, 2022
    That second level.... the music slaps but the enemies slap harder. The boss is easy when you learn how to dodge
  7. Feb 12, 2022
    Amazing, Fantastic Fighting Game I love it the music is also amazing 10/10
  8. Feb 12, 2022
    Easy game of the year contender, only thing that sucks is the camera. 10/10 would play again and again and again
  9. Feb 12, 2022
    Just got platinum with 22 hours in with a no-death 20 yrs old run. I think it's a great game with solid mechanic, beautiful scenery and doesn't overstay its welcome.

With that being said, there are couple gripes stopping me from giving this 10/10. First, avoid mechanic isn't explained very well. Block/Parry and Dodge works like every other game(no explanation needed), but Sifu has

First, avoid mechanic isn't explained very well. Block/Parry and Dodge works like every other game(no explanation needed), but Sifu has another mechanic called avoid. Avoid is basically in-place bi-directional dodge (L1 + up/down) but how it works is **barely explained**. In level 1, you don're really need avoid but it's essential in level 2, especially boss fight. In fact, the boss fight is pretty impossible without grasping the avoid mechanic. This is why level 2 is such a huge difficulty spike (90% + trophy on level 1 completion, but ~30% on level 2) because the game fails to explain one of the most important mechanic in the game.

Second, the camera. Camera is always problem is soul-like game but is especially bad in Sifu because it's built around battling multiple enemies at the same time. Meaning the camera will screw you not only in the corner, but in an open area by not showing you incoming attack from behind. This happens a lot, so you have to occasionally **manually** adjust the camera to put enemies in your POV or running around making sure no one is behind you. Running around to reposition works great but really breaks the feel-good game loop.

And finally, there are few really useful abilities with other abilities acting more like baits. For focus ability, there's no reason to use anything other than strong sweep. For regular input abilities (not ones following chase or dash), they are not much better than simple light/heavy attack combo. These abilities exist for style point more than anything else.

Again, Sifu is a great game, but just short of a timeless masterpiece because of abovementioned minor "flaws".
  10. Feb 16, 2022
    It’s a great game with outstanding combat that forces you to learn while failing. It is unforgiving but trusting the process will get you the most satisfying end of all. Finishing a stage at age 20.
  11. Feb 14, 2022
    this game is just good, it's not surprising, but it's still a good game and a challenging game which made me love it even more
  12. Feb 14, 2022
    Понравилась очень продуманная боевая система. Причем, все ее элементы не просто существуют и работают, а тесно взаимосвязаны между собой. Например, в игре есть аж целых 4 способа избежать урона: блок, парирование, уворот корпусом и отскок в сторону. Нельзя выучить какой-то один и пройти игру - нужно ситуативно использовать каждый из них, они дополняют друг друга. Аналогично взаимосвязаныПонравилась очень продуманная боевая система. Причем, все ее элементы не просто существуют и работают, а тесно взаимосвязаны между собой. Например, в игре есть аж целых 4 способа избежать урона: блок, парирование, уворот корпусом и отскок в сторону. Нельзя выучить какой-то один и пройти игру - нужно ситуативно использовать каждый из них, они дополняют друг друга. Аналогично взаимосвязаны разные виды атак. В итоге получаем гремучую смесь из защитных и атакующих приемов, которые все работают в синергии. Expand
  13. Feb 11, 2022
    most satisfiying beat um up I played in the last decade.If you love clapping cheeks you have to buy this!
  14. Feb 13, 2022
    I beat the game in 20 hours, it’s been just awesome and I hope to see more games like this, I’d pay full price no problems for these kind of experiences. There are however issues (rather things I don’t like / enjoy) that made me go for and 8 and not a 9, and that are stopping me to go for the platinum (something I go for only when a game is flawless). Here’s my list of negatives:

I really

I really enjoy hard bosses, the harder the better if it’s a fair fight, but I hate when I have to repeat a stage to get to the boss again if I lose the battle. It completely change the way I play against the bosses: since I don’t want to repeat the level again, you do not experiment with moves, I play as safe as possible using cheap tactics and it’s just not fun as it could be. I had much more frustration with this game than with Sekiro’s last boss. 2. Too many punch moves and too few kicks. Combat in general is absolutely spectacular but i find all type of kicks to be the most enjoyable kind of attacks in games (I played Shenmue 1-2 over and over using just kicks). Sifu unfortunately lacks in both quality and quantity regarding kicks. Despite these - personal - flaws, overall Sifu is really a unique game with no alternatives on the market. Good job guys
  15. Feb 12, 2022
    Easily a 10 for me, best hand to hand combat game I’ve ever played, loved the challenge this game provides! You have to get good and use all your skills to beat this game or be punished! Got the platinum trophy and I’m still playing it! 10/10
  16. Feb 12, 2022
    The game is incredibly good the only thing I can say is its the best beat em up game ive played up to date
  17. Feb 13, 2022
    Ce jeux est d'une qualité rarement atteinte dans le monde du jeux vidéo, merci à SLOCLAP de nous avoir pondu cette perle!
    Plus dur qu'un Sekiro, peu rebuter au départ mais le game/level design est intelligent, ce qui facilite la progression en le farm des niveaux.
    Sensation de progression et d'apprentissage jouissive, le devs ont bien capté le principe même du Kung Fu (je pratique). On arrête le jeux , on à déjà envi d'y retourner.
  18. Feb 15, 2022
    Easily a great game, definitely love anything kung fu, especially Bruce lee. Just wish they had the one inch punch
  19. Feb 9, 2022
    Quality > Quantity at its finest.

While it doesn't have much levels there is this intrinsic motivation to have perfect run and finish level as young as possible, leading me to just replaying first level (by my own will - nobody is forcing me to) for 2 days straight already and I still having blast! :)
  20. Feb 9, 2022
    Fantastic - TL;DR - Super fun Kung fu game with great art, gameplay, music that is punishing and a must play for anyone who is a fan of marital arts with very little cons. I give Sifu 9 Lightning Fast Strikes out of 10.

Before I start let me say I have platinumed the game, so I have done everything in it so I know what I am talking about. Cons: Before we go to the pros lets talk

Cons: Before we go to the pros lets talk about the cons which there are two. The camera in this game sometimes is more difficult than the boss. Only after hours of playing have I mastered the camera. But new players will definitely have an issue with it. It still gets me killed from time to time. The second Con is that the game does a really poor job of explaining its system and existing mechanics. At first the game is really hard because you don't know you can do certain things. This does not feel good when you are dying over and over. Also the age mechanic and the way skills work are not really that detailed in game. But luckily we are in the internet age and you can find this information.

Pros: The music in this game is amazing going from one stage to the next and even the song changes within the same change is insane. It's a joy to listen to start to finish. The art direction in this game is next level. It seems like a basic game with what the trailers show you be each levels art gets better and better and you can't possibly guess what will happen next. With the 3rd stage being my favorite. Stability and polish are both great I have very few stutters are lag anywhere in the game. It does happen but I can count on 1 hand the amount of times it has happened. Gameplay is king here and everything in this game is structured around making you feel like the biggest badass possible. There are few Kung Fu games and even fewer with this level of complexity and fun. This game is very punishing but very rewarding. You go from feeling like a side character in an anime. To feeling like IP with the more time and effort you put into the game. There is no difficulty setting so if punishing games are not your speed just skip on this game entirely.

All in all this is my current GOTY and I plan to continue playing this game for the foreseeable future.

I give Sifu 9 Lightning Fast Strikes out of 10.
  21. Feb 10, 2022
    One of the most challenging games I have ever played in my life. The more you practice the more you will succeed :)
  22. Feb 9, 2022
    This is the BEST fighting 3D Game ever made. Es sencillamente BRUTAL, jugabilidad exquisita, gráficos exquisito, sonido exquisito. Por el momento y hasta nuevo aviso, es mi GOTY 2022.
  23. Feb 10, 2022
    Sekiro/the raid/hotline Miami hybrid. Absolutely class.. If you've got the patience to learn the ropes
  24. Feb 10, 2022
    SIFU is THE BEST fighting BEAT EM UP game I have ever played, with a wonderful revenge story. It's a well-balanced game with fun mechanics that are amazingly butter smooth (which is very surprising to me since it's made by a small indie studio named SLOCLAP), and finally an amazing triple-A stylized consistent art style.

The linear levels work with the type of game SIFU is, and

The linear levels work with the type of game SIFU is, and replayability is kept in mind since there are items scattered through levels pushing for a bit more exploration than just fighting your way through.

You can even choose what type of person your character is, do you spare the Boss or do you kill him?

SIFU AI NPCs don't feel brain dead like lots of recent triple-A games that failed to meet expectations, on the contrary, they feel very alive and these amazing details are what make SIFU do well to not break the suspension of disbelief. Again keep in mind this was made by a small game studio, that is just mindblowing how they manage to ship a game in a better state than most big-budget triple-A games nowadays.

Everywhere you progress in these levels the items may be around a corner or on a table, so make sure to look for them and hints for your investigation board. The game may also reward you with new parts of the levels that function as a shortcut on your next run. This also shows how SLOCLAP kept replayability in mind.

The game mechanics are a bit complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it and start kicking asses you will feel like a Kung fu God. SIFU is at times is brutal, and non-apologetically difficult. You will have to strategize a lot, and you will probably still die a lot in the beginning. Just like in real life thou, with practice, you will master your craft.

If you are a type of gamer that enjoys fighting beat 'em ups, with a tough challenge. This game is for you. SIFU is a love letter/homage to Kung fu movies & games, with some easter eggs here and there to fighting films such as Old Boy. SIFU requires time and patience, but I can assure you after spending some time repeating the same level to get my revenge it felt worth it, and the game steadily kept getting more difficult as I progressed constantly giving me a fun challenge.

WELL DONE SLOCLAP, I hope you guys release more levels soon for the game free of charge since the game could definitely use more levels and maybe multiplayer CO-OP in the future!
  25. Feb 12, 2022
    Hard, satisfying and just amazing. Get Sifu it wont be easy and can get nerve recking at times but get this game it is something special.
  26. Feb 10, 2022
    This game not only is challenging but it keeps me wanting more. I come back to it to master each move and the combat is addicting. Games like this that are challenging and also rewarding is why I continue to buy games and support developers.
  27. Feb 11, 2022
    One of the or if not the best beat'em up I have ever played. I also think the difficulty level is great it's not to hard or to easy
  28. Feb 12, 2022
    It's the hardest game I've ever played. What I liked:
    - the fights
    - the music
    - complexity
    Playing this game you really learn how to play. When I got through it completely, the first 3 bosses didn't seem difficult.
    If you like games like soulslike or rogue like than I recommend this.
  29. Feb 11, 2022
    The game is very good and keeping this game for hours. Very challenging, but a great game.
  30. Feb 10, 2022
    This game is super hard
    when u die? u get older & there is limit in upgrading & ur health decrease but ur damage incrase
    but when u die u get older until u are about 73 75 & u die
    next problem is when u are lvl 2 & ur age is for example 40
    if u finish lvl 2 & u are 65
    so when u start lvl 3 u are 65 so u will game over after 2 3 time death
    & u had start lvl 3 again with 65 age
  31. Feb 9, 2022
    If you are the type of person who doesn't like to self reflect on mistakes. Dot not play this game. If you are the type of person who likes to point fingers and not look internally. Do not play this game. This is most people. Having said that I have probably saved a lot of people money.

However, If you want to push your skills, discipline and patients (kinda like succeeding in real life) to see how far you can really go then this game is for u and you will be handsomely rewarded with a massive amount of dopamine.

The art style is top notch and the character designs is excellent. Sloclap took the best from absolver and made a true master piece.

The only issue i had initially was the camera. But I soon learnt with proper spatial awareness and positioning this can be eliminated entirely

I would like to congratulate Sloclap on a masterpiece. Now let me get back to my platinum hunt!!
  32. Feb 12, 2022
    SIFU is like Furi and Sekiro Shadows Dies Twice had a baby, whom they named Kung Fu and fed with Roguelite elements.

Firsts hours can be tough but with practice you will eventually get good at it and that's when the fun will truly begin.
  33. Feb 12, 2022
    The visuals and music are pretty good but it's the gameplay that sucks!! I don't mind the difficulty I've played almost all souls & souls likes but here the combat is just frustrating. Bosses mostly don't stagger and they hit hard while you hit like a baby! Let's not even get started on the camera issues, there's no locking mechanics so if the camera is messed up your parries won'tThe visuals and music are pretty good but it's the gameplay that sucks!! I don't mind the difficulty I've played almost all souls & souls likes but here the combat is just frustrating. Bosses mostly don't stagger and they hit hard while you hit like a baby! Let's not even get started on the camera issues, there's no locking mechanics so if the camera is messed up your parries won't register while the enemies still keep hitting you.
    I wouldn't waste my money on this mess tbh!
  34. Feb 14, 2022
    Всё супер. За 22 часа пошёл. Но слишком мало свободы действия, хочешь не хочешь а боссы только через увороты проходятся. А последний через парирования.
  35. Mar 18, 2022
    Stunning from beginning to end. So much depth with what on the surface may not seem like much content (ie 5 levels). Definitely my vote for game of the year.
  36. Feb 20, 2022
    Graphics are terribile, gameplay is intentionally very hard because otherwise the game can be finished in one take. Overhyped and disappointing.
  37. Feb 12, 2022
    The game is super short, and doesn't deliver what it promises. I am wondering why all these positive reviews by the critics? game is 5/10 if you are optimistic!
  38. Feb 12, 2022
    The age mechanic might be one of the stupidest game mechanic I have ever encountered.

The more you die the more difficult the game gets until you cannot play anymore. I like games that are friendly. Not easy, but friendly. I played unfriendly games a lot, I started to play in the 80's where it was the one way greedy studios were artificially inflating the game length by frustrating

I like games that are friendly. Not easy, but friendly. I played unfriendly games a lot, I started to play in the 80's where it was the one way greedy studios were artificially inflating the game length by frustrating the players with no continues or limited lives. It was ok at the time, I got 3 new games every 6 months and I didn't know better, but I have always thought the industry getting out of punishing the player for playing was one of the best evolution of those past 30 years. I am really amazed someone in 2022 was stupid enough to bring that back.

Imagine playing Celeste and every time you die the character jumps a little less far or high and the lives are limited...
  39. Feb 14, 2022
    Joguinho baixa renda muito ruim, baixa renda sem nenhuma inovação muito porcaria
  40. Feb 9, 2022
    Better to beat you head bloody against a brick wall than play this game..It might also have the positive efect of knocking some sense into these pony fanboys..
    A dev should be able to make a game as hard as he wants. If a games to hard for you then it's not for you..These thing are true..But that doesn't mean there should be no discussion on difficulty and it doesn't mean the people who feel the difficulty ruins the game should not have a voice and be shamed into silence.
  41. Feb 11, 2022
    Too difficult, or at least they should offer different options.... would love to get refund, really disappointed....
  42. Feb 13, 2022
    Cyberpunk has competitoin for worst PS4/5 game. A good way to waste 2 hours if you are extra bored. This feels like a PS1 game, a worse version of Tenchu with the usual cheap AI and overhyped scam marketing to make you buy. The rockstar Devs at least can brag about the hype on Instagram.
  43. Feb 21, 2022
    The enemies have the ability to do break through block attacks and swarm you. You have the ability to waste your time memorising the exact attack patterns and were items are found. Having a training mode where you could fight different enemies would make this a 7-9. Since you can't practice you are forced to frustratingly replay the same bit again and again and again to try to memoriseThe enemies have the ability to do break through block attacks and swarm you. You have the ability to waste your time memorising the exact attack patterns and were items are found. Having a training mode where you could fight different enemies would make this a 7-9. Since you can't practice you are forced to frustratingly replay the same bit again and again and again to try to memorise what to do against relatively few enemies. buy only if they patch this in. Expand
  44. Feb 14, 2022
    This game has potential, unfortunately the frustrating & infuriating gameplay mechanics dampens the fun. Trying a level over and over isn't even a problem, but the aging mechanic ultimately limits you to how many times you can actually die and try again. I'm a Soulsborne veteran and have never been this frustrated with any of the fromsoft games.
  45. Feb 14, 2022
    Thanks playstation for not allowing refunds. This game is not for me but Im not allowed to get a refund after only an hour of playtime. This game has horribly binded controls and no accessibility options to make it easier than the ball busting difficulty that it has. This isnt a bad game, but my god it is too hard. I will never be able to beat this game due to the devs not including anThanks playstation for not allowing refunds. This game is not for me but Im not allowed to get a refund after only an hour of playtime. This game has horribly binded controls and no accessibility options to make it easier than the ball busting difficulty that it has. This isnt a bad game, but my god it is too hard. I will never be able to beat this game due to the devs not including an easier mode or some kind of difficulty slider. Expand
  46. Mar 3, 2022
    A masterful execution of the martial art game genre and a love letter to those who love Hongkong martial arts action movies.

Pros: - The combat is top-notch with a variety of playstyles, combos, and skills to use and we can't forget the god-like calligraphed animation of the fighting moves. - Myriad of context-based takedowns depending on the locations, stances, weapons, and enemy

Pros:
    - Myriad of context-based takedowns depending on the locations, stances, weapons, and enemy types completed with smooth cinematic camera transition.
    - A simple yet focused story actually expands a lot further on the True Ending.
    - The art style and designs really shine and deliver a memorable atmosphere (especially on the Museums stage)
    - Smooth performance on PS5
    - The OST also help bring out the mood and tone of each stage/boss fight
    - $40 price tag (on PS store)

Cons:
    - Camera does love to get stucked right behind the players when they are against the wall - limiting visibility to almost zero and it's extremely infuriating when you get hit and/or die from it.

Overall 9/10
  47. Feb 14, 2022
    Too short. Awful camera. A couple bugs especially with audio. Don't like the aging mechanic (not even as a gimmick, it's integral and ruins the whole thing more than anything else.). Not as hard as people say it is as far as the gameplay itself goes. But one wrong move and you get a slowly applied vaneer of "genius" and "difficult". It's just lame to me. I can see why some people like it.Too short. Awful camera. A couple bugs especially with audio. Don't like the aging mechanic (not even as a gimmick, it's integral and ruins the whole thing more than anything else.). Not as hard as people say it is as far as the gameplay itself goes. But one wrong move and you get a slowly applied vaneer of "genius" and "difficult". It's just lame to me. I can see why some people like it. Hated it myself though. Combat was decent. That's it. DEFINITELY not a 10/10 just for that camera alone. But I see it's getting the PS exclusive Auto-score bump by the masses. I really wish this would stop. We are getting worse and worse games as time goes on. Sure, GoW and Horizon will probably be good. But new IPs have slowly been degenerating. And even TLOU got excused. Just because it's an exclusive that looks pretty. I'm starting to get frustrated. Feels like PS is going backwards while the others platforms (especially Xbox) just seems to be getting better and better (not that they started from a great spot, but still.) Maybe their new Gamepass like service will cheer me up. But other than the controller, I'm starting to feel like I got the wrong console. If not for Gamepass I would be having serious buyers remorse. And with how hard this was to get too Maybe those two games I mentioned will change my tune. But this game, certainly was in line with that sinking feeling. I'm not saying PS is collapsing. I'm saying I don't feel that quality of banger after banger that I loved all last generation. And people are giving them a pass just because "PS makes the best games so it must be good" line of thinking. Sorry for the rant, this is just the latest example and a breaking point for me. Horizon can't get here soon enough (please don't let me down... Please don't let me down). My console is not being turned on enough. PC gaming has taken up maybe 80% of my time. It was reversed last gen. And to be honest, a lot of that is on freaking gamepass, of all places!! I am starting to see what the big deal is about. And maybe I'll just sell my PS5 and stick to PC. Heck, even this game is on there (note the entire 1 point drop in user score). I'm not there yet, but if I'm feeling this way at Christmas, it's gone. Expand
  48. Feb 10, 2022
    an absolute disaster tbh, especially the pricing, this is a 50 bucks game that I found myself finishing in less than 3 hours, the graphics look worse than ps1 and it gets so dull and repetitive after the first 30 minutes, progression is also horrible and utterly outdated not to mention the super cliché story that we've seen over a thousand times in kung fu movies, this game tries so hardan absolute disaster tbh, especially the pricing, this is a 50 bucks game that I found myself finishing in less than 3 hours, the graphics look worse than ps1 and it gets so dull and repetitive after the first 30 minutes, progression is also horrible and utterly outdated not to mention the super cliché story that we've seen over a thousand times in kung fu movies, this game tries so hard at being a kung fu-like movie but fails terribly. I do not recommend playing this at all. Expand
  49. Feb 20, 2022
    La sorpresa del año básicamente muy lindo el diseño de arte en esta aventura de venganza al estilo de los beat em up de los 90'
  50. Feb 28, 2022
    Wish I could give it a higher score but unfortunately this game like others is just to much without other modes! I have 3 kids and a full time job and to expect me to play and just be constantly killed is dumb/stupid some people just don’t have the time. Put in an easier mode!
  51. Feb 12, 2022
    Macht kurzeitig Spaß, sieht gut aus und der Dualsense kommt gut bei dem Spiel, aber es ist für meinen Geschmack viel zu schwer und nicht für Gelegenheitsspieler, einen Schwierigkeitsgrad kann man auch nicht auswählen...
  52. Feb 10, 2022
    The fighting moments is so bugged! I give up til fix it! There's good points, but the the game become so annoying because the problem from fight. Lost focus, many times my player got back to oponnent..
  53. Feb 13, 2022
    слишком дорого для такой игры. Игра уровня инди. За что разрабы просят такой ценник?
  54. Feb 20, 2022
    The game is bland, with shoehorned mechanics that bring nothing to the table and other defaults that should absolutely not be there.

Combos are few and far between, attacks that actually let you control your range are grind-locked and don't really offer variety. Where are the disarms, throws, why can't I launch an enemy into another, why can't I parry into a lock, why can't I grapple? In short, why do I feel like I have less options in this game than in Street Of Rage 2?
    Also, stuff like dodges that leave you open in the last frames or having to hold a button to beat on a downed enemy (when it works) are terrible design options in the sense that they bring neither realism nor spectacle to the mix.

The stages are pretty and feel lived in, but the enemy's lines will make you want to actually slap them across the face after the first half hour. Yes my nerves go the better of me, shut up.
    I won't talk about the story because there's none.

Aging doesn't actually do anything more than a limited continue system would, except for locking you in a glass cannon build, whether you want it or not. The game is NOT a roguelite by any mean, there is no randomness in builds, enemies or level design.

The camera is too often taking weird angles, obscuring your view, enemies glitches inside of walls, the auto-lock system is fussy and the game does a terrible work at explaining you how the controls work (I still don't know why sometimes my character leaps back before a heavy attack, but sometimes doesn't).

The difficulty isn't a problem -lots of people like it. But in this case, there is nothing for me that makes me want to face that difficulty and progress further into the game. Some people will jump in because the level of mastery it takes to beat the game, and yes mastery is indeed a very valid motivation. Some people will jump in for the challenge given by the difficulty, which is also a very valid motivator. But if you're looking for a balanced and polished experience or anything that allows you to have your own playstyle, then look for something else.
  55. Feb 20, 2022
    repetitive and boring game that lasts two hours
    horrible ps3 graphics
    fair and sometimes unpleasant playable quality
    a bad product well sold if it didn't have the marketing campaign behind ps5 this game would have an average 40
    As I say, unpleasant to play, short and with graphics from another century.
  56. Feb 20, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dura 5 horas Graficos muy pobres 50 eurillos cada hora
    Mejor compraros una serie x
  57. Feb 20, 2022
    I don’t have much to say other than this game was horrendous beat the game in 6 hours literally no gameplay this is unacceptable for a “next gen” game
  58. Feb 24, 2022
    I've heard a lot of arguments about the game's difficulty, but the problem is that the only thing that works in the game is the staging. Everything else is a bunch of lapses in implementation and idea.
  59. Mar 4, 2022
    Not really worth the price tag, not a bad game but really nothing special. Graphics are terrible in my opinion
  60. Mar 14, 2022
    Could’ve been an amazing game. However, lazing design in terms of horrible graphics, brain dead AI, god awful combat, and pitiful story writing make this game not even worth your time let alone your money.
  61. Mar 14, 2022
    I disagree with review saying the game is hard, it’s not hard, it is tedious. - If you are an hardcore players you will finish the game in few hours and find it quite short. - If you are a medium player you will spend 80% of your time on boss fight trying to remember tedious pattern. - If you are a casual player, not confortable with remote combo, you will bang your head against the wallI disagree with review saying the game is hard, it’s not hard, it is tedious. - If you are an hardcore players you will finish the game in few hours and find it quite short. - If you are a medium player you will spend 80% of your time on boss fight trying to remember tedious pattern. - If you are a casual player, not confortable with remote combo, you will bang your head against the wall replaying the same fight over and over. Graphics and artwork are average. Expand
  62. Mar 18, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Return the store to Russia. You violate the rights of gamers. And your reputation has become worse than it was in the Return the store to Russia. You violate the rights of gamers. And your reputation has become worse than it was in the entire history of your company. Expand
  63. May 7, 2022
    Sifu's visuals and combat are extraordinary. The level design is also fantastic with such unique environments that offer so much. The camera is the main criticism with the game as it frequently gets stuck in environments. The story is average but it isn't the focus of the game.
  64. Jun 1, 2022
    How people can rate this game positive is beyond me. It must be cognitive dissonance. Its not just "difficult" as some people say, but there is a total lack of challenge due to some serious issues. The incredible boring and repetitive boss fights for example. Also, this game is totally uncontrollable since it does not take the laggy wireless controller into account. Therefore, even if youHow people can rate this game positive is beyond me. It must be cognitive dissonance. Its not just "difficult" as some people say, but there is a total lack of challenge due to some serious issues. The incredible boring and repetitive boss fights for example. Also, this game is totally uncontrollable since it does not take the laggy wireless controller into account. Therefore, even if you see something coming and press the right button, it still very often does not register your action. How can it be explained, that for certain combos it takes about half a second before the next button must be pressed, while certain bosses are so fast there simply is not enough time to execute such combos. How can it be explained that certain moves or weapons go through the opponent without harming them? Hits are not registered, combos do not land and a weak, repetitive AI. This leads ultimately to simple button bashing. An example of a difficult, but fair and well controllable game, therefore challenging is Demon Souls. This game? Pure crap Expand
  65. Feb 19, 2022
    Not for the faint of heart, not crazy hard either. You get better every time, and the Kung fu flow becomes exhilarating. Not to be played before going to bed though, as it is very exciting.
  66. Feb 12, 2022
    Pros: - Engaging, addictive combat
    - Great level design and aesthetics
    - Brilliant design; it feels like true Martial Arts in the sense that you start raw and throughout your journey you begin to master and learn everything and conquer what once conquered you. - Again, I can’t stress how fun and great this combat system is. Crowd control hasn’t been this fun or strategic in quite some
    Pros: - Engaging, addictive combat
    - Great level design and aesthetics
    - Again, I can’t stress how fun and great this combat system is. Crowd control hasn’t been this fun or strategic in quite some time.

Cons:
    - The Camera can get annoying sometimes, but it’s all dependent on how well you can control it while fighting. A lock-on system would fix this, especially in boss battles like with Sean.
    -The game is only 5 levels, BUT it’s not a knock for me because the goal is the complete the entire game before your characters ages out, so it takes a lot of time to master it and understand the world and how enemies attack. I’m still grinding level 3 trying to beat it without dying and I haven’t even touched level 5 yet, and I have 28 hours into the game.

Bottom Line: The game is so amazingly fun. The visuals and aesthetics work very well for this game, and I genuinely like the concept of the story. It’s simple but engaging. The soundtrack works really well and it really stands out in certain fights. Don’t be scared off by people saying it’s too hard. It’s just the right difficulty and given time, you will be the master; you will be the SIFU. 9.1/10
  67. Feb 12, 2022
    A really super game that pushes you to become better. Progress that is so much more than 95% of the boring AAA games that saturate the gaming space.
    If i can do it then so can you!
  68. Feb 14, 2022
    SIFU got me hooked. Big time. And that's a rare thing by the level of difficulty etc. People said this game is like soulslike with Jackie Chan, compared it with Returnal and Demon's Souls even. But actually I think this games is not so punitive like the others.

Anyways, great + satisfying gameplay and combat. Great sound design. I'm loving it.
  69. Feb 19, 2022
    Sifu is the most difficult game I've played so far. It brought that much more excitement when I beat a boss. It's very punishing yet so satisfying. No matter how many times I died I still have so much fun with it.
  70. Jul 30, 2022
    Satisfying combat with depth and style. Beautiful art, top notch cinematography, and a fantastic soundtrack. I wish there were more levels, but what’s here is all killer, no filler.
  71. Feb 20, 2022
    This game is great! The biggest issue with it in my opinion is its length. While you can definitely draw our your playtime by mastering each level before moving on to the next, you can run through the entire game in just an hour or two if you are simply trying to beat each boss. With that said, everything else about the game is great. Combat is incredibly satisfying and requires mastery inThis game is great! The biggest issue with it in my opinion is its length. While you can definitely draw our your playtime by mastering each level before moving on to the next, you can run through the entire game in just an hour or two if you are simply trying to beat each boss. With that said, everything else about the game is great. Combat is incredibly satisfying and requires mastery in order to get each achievement in the game. The art style is also incredible! Expand
  72. May 17, 2022
    Si tendria mas pantallas habria sido la O****. Es un juegazo de kung fu increible, a veces me creo john wick, jacky chan y bruce lee. Movimientos buenisimos, muy bien hechos. Es dificil pero las muertes premian el camino.
  73. Feb 16, 2022
    This game is awesome. Easy to learn but hard to master. Combat seems simple but the more you play the more you release it's super deep. Don't listen to all the little soft babies with booboo in their diedies. They're just crying because they aren't man enough to play a game that doesn't have training wheels
  74. Feb 24, 2022
    Fantastic, best hand to hand combat game I can recall playing and so satisfying when you get the hang of the controls. The camera can be a little awkward at times but nothing that can't be patched over time. Very tough and rewarding just like a game should be!
  75. Feb 21, 2022
    BEST GAME EVER. Great mechanics and super difficult. One of the better PS5 titles.
  76. Feb 20, 2022
    Making player repeat previous fights that he already won to the point of taking no damage at all, just to have another chance at the fight you stuck on is not hard it's tedious. Good art, good music, satisfying combat system, basic story, awful tutorial and a lot of grind of the things you've already beaten numerous times. If you like games where challenge is basically wasting your timeMaking player repeat previous fights that he already won to the point of taking no damage at all, just to have another chance at the fight you stuck on is not hard it's tedious. Good art, good music, satisfying combat system, basic story, awful tutorial and a lot of grind of the things you've already beaten numerous times. If you like games where challenge is basically wasting your time for 2-5 minutes before having another try - this game is for you. Expand
  77. Feb 19, 2022
    Un juego espectacular, con una mecánica de muerte, que al meno yo no había visto antes, el estilo de artes marciales como en las mejores pelis, con la sensación de repartir ostias como panes. Un juego que me recuerda al arcade de kung fu master, pero traído a la época actual, tiene sus cosas, y algunos errores, por momentos es un poco injusto, pero en línea general es un juegazoUn juego espectacular, con una mecánica de muerte, que al meno yo no había visto antes, el estilo de artes marciales como en las mejores pelis, con la sensación de repartir ostias como panes. Un juego que me recuerda al arcade de kung fu master, pero traído a la época actual, tiene sus cosas, y algunos errores, por momentos es un poco injusto, pero en línea general es un juegazo imprescindible, de lo mejor de esta generación. Expand
  78. Feb 23, 2022
    best indie game in 2022, I'm glad Sony supported this game, incredible gameplay and very interesting art direction!!!
  79. Feb 13, 2022
    Um jogo com ótima jogabilidade muito desafiador, me fez lembrar o clássico Jack cham
  80. Jun 26, 2022
    An unforgivable game that sometimes gets in the way of the fun. SIFU is a game where fast and smooth hand-to-hand combat has never been portrayed so tightly. It feels satisfying and is addictive. Still, it is not a game that you can recommend to everyone. The gameplay is so fast that there is almost no room to make or practice more difficult moves. The result is the well-known buttonAn unforgivable game that sometimes gets in the way of the fun. SIFU is a game where fast and smooth hand-to-hand combat has never been portrayed so tightly. It feels satisfying and is addictive. Still, it is not a game that you can recommend to everyone. The gameplay is so fast that there is almost no room to make or practice more difficult moves. The result is the well-known button smashing that actually is not the way you want to play it. There is an option to play SIFU at an easier level. However, you will be through the game within a few hours, which is not worth your money either. Altough it feels like a souls game, it is not in it’s core gameplay. For example, after a few runs there are quick ways to maneuver through the levels and there is the option to soften your runs via shrines. The conclusion is that SIFU is one of the better beat 'em up games that you can play right now. However, you need to know what you're getting yourself into to avoid disappointment.

Pros:
    - Satisfying gameplay - Level design
    - Art direction

Cons:
    - Very, very difficult on regular mode, Short in easier mode
  81. Feb 15, 2022
    This game is freaking awesome!!!! If you are into hard games that take some time to master, then this is your game. The mechanics are awesome, the combat is great, and the abilities are all unique and useful.

A lot of little b*tches are complaining that the game is too hard, and giving bad reviews, if you are reading this and are one of those; GET GUD SCRUB!!!!
  82. Feb 12, 2022
    After 6 hours of playing: Fighting mechanics are so cool und gameplay is so much fun. Its very difficult, but I think it's still fair. You have to grind a lot of EXP. Roguelike progress could be bigger. There are no much you can take in the next run. 40€ is a bit expensive. Wait for Sale.
  83. May 15, 2022
    Story: 8
    Graphics: 7
    Sound: 8
    Gameplay: 8
    Game Time: 4 Hours (Main Story + Extra)
  84. Mar 2, 2022
    Sifu è il gioco di arti marziali che dovete avere nella vostra libreria. Un gioco che ha promesso di divertire i giocatori e che non ha tradito le aspettive. Sifu era stato mostrato al pubblico valorizzando molto il suo gameplay. Un’avventuura dinamica che vi terrà incollati alla sedia con il pad alla mano e con meccaniche Souls e beat ‘em up. I ragazzi di Sloclap hanno veramente creato unSifu è il gioco di arti marziali che dovete avere nella vostra libreria. Un gioco che ha promesso di divertire i giocatori e che non ha tradito le aspettive. Sifu era stato mostrato al pubblico valorizzando molto il suo gameplay. Un’avventuura dinamica che vi terrà incollati alla sedia con il pad alla mano e con meccaniche Souls e beat ‘em up. I ragazzi di Sloclap hanno veramente creato un gioco validissimo sulla cultura del Kung Fu. Mille tecniche da padroneggiare, collezionabili e con una rigiocabilità altissima. Sifu è la rappresentazione perfetta dell’amore dei suoi creatori per i film degli anni ’80 sul Kung Fu. I personaggi sono ben caratterizzati e i boss di fine livello vi faranno sclerare come non mai. Il motore grafico è eccellente per il suo genere. Expand
  85. Jun 9, 2022
    A potentially great game tainted by terrible tutorials, or lack of. By far the most important mechanic is the standing evade of which there’s barely any mention and no skill check for, other the game persistently kicking your ass for not grasping something it refuses to teach you. Also, some of the combos are infuriatingly inconsistent, and while I’m all for unforgiving combat, to make theA potentially great game tainted by terrible tutorials, or lack of. By far the most important mechanic is the standing evade of which there’s barely any mention and no skill check for, other the game persistently kicking your ass for not grasping something it refuses to teach you. Also, some of the combos are infuriatingly inconsistent, and while I’m all for unforgiving combat, to make the controls likewise often turns exhilaration into frustration. Not quite a swing and a miss, but more of a glancing blow that could have been a knockout with less of a smug attitude towards its own difficulty Expand
  86. Feb 20, 2022
    One of the most fun beat-em-up games I’ve ever played !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  87. Apr 9, 2022
    Game is truly great, at first it might get frustrating but once you go through it you will feel that u got better I recommend people going for plat trophy some of the achievement are challenging in a fun way
  88. Feb 19, 2022
    Awesome game, VERY similar to death loop, the aging mechanic is truly a brilliant way to make the player wanna repeat locations although already finished just to have more of an advance, would definitely recommend
  89. Feb 24, 2022
    Amazing gameplay and story
    only problems would be the replayability and the camera
  90. Feb 25, 2022
    This game is really good. It looks really cool and the music is awesome. The combat is one of the best I've ever play and thats where the fun is. Its really challenging but its worth the try and retry and retry... if you like to be challenged but with some fairness this game could be for you. The negative is that it is really short and since is a challenging game it is not for everybody.This game is really good. It looks really cool and the music is awesome. The combat is one of the best I've ever play and thats where the fun is. Its really challenging but its worth the try and retry and retry... if you like to be challenged but with some fairness this game could be for you. The negative is that it is really short and since is a challenging game it is not for everybody. But I really recomend to give it a try cuz once you get the hang of it, it is really good. Expand
  91. Mar 15, 2022
    Sifu is absolutely an incredible game. Playing it brings back fond memories of classic games like Streets of Rage, The Bouncer, Double Dragon, and Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. Sifu feels like you are playing an old 70's Bruce Lee action film. Love it.
  92. Feb 12, 2022
    Pros:

Pros:

Combat in this game is very fluid, landing somewhere between action games and fighting games. Don't expect to get through fights by smashing just one or two buttons (it's not like batman). It might seem frustratingly difficult in the first couple tries, but when you overcome your emotions and spot the patterns in enemies' moves, it becomes very easy, and that brings a really rewarding feeling. I think this fits the spirit of Kung Fu perfectly.

Animation works are just awesome, really clean and simplistic art style, and the music is also amazing.

Cons:

Camera is my only major complaint for this game. It's really easy to get lost when stuck in a corner, and it's a pain in the ass that I have to manually adjust the camera during the most intense boss fights.

Sound design seems kind of muted at first, but it somewhat makes sense when punches are so dense.
  93. Feb 21, 2022
    I honestly have no issues with this game. I’ve had minimal bugs and an amazing time. I platinumed this in around 7 days after release and I just want more. Since then I’m still coming back to play more. This game and the devs deserve the highest praise for this. More DLC or sequels in the future would be great. The only aspect that could use improvement is a more in depth story but the oneI honestly have no issues with this game. I’ve had minimal bugs and an amazing time. I platinumed this in around 7 days after release and I just want more. Since then I’m still coming back to play more. This game and the devs deserve the highest praise for this. More DLC or sequels in the future would be great. The only aspect that could use improvement is a more in depth story but the one given here is not bad by any metric, just simplistic and stock standard. If you haven’t played it already, please give it a try. Expand
  94. Feb 16, 2022
    I love this game every thing in it is perfect the game play and the art style
  95. Feb 18, 2022
    Best game ever played from an indie studio and even maybe the best game ever this game is hard to understand and even harder to master but when you once got to the point that you understand every single mechanic in the game it gets easier and for all of those crybaby’s that say „this game is way to hard“ or „get a difficulty meter“ just go play another game that pleases you’re standards inBest game ever played from an indie studio and even maybe the best game ever this game is hard to understand and even harder to master but when you once got to the point that you understand every single mechanic in the game it gets easier and for all of those crybaby’s that say „this game is way to hard“ or „get a difficulty meter“ just go play another game that pleases you’re standards in a game but don’t blame it on sifu Thank you for this game sloclap Expand
  96. May 12, 2022
    7 because i would have prefer a better free flow like in Batman Arkham series it would give a better feeling of success like flawless combo, also a better ending it miss something and the game is a bit short i did the platinum in 6 days like 15 hours.
    A lot of peoples are complaining about the difficulty, i did it on default like before the update and it was not that difficult you just have to time the block and counter it is easier than getting the sweet spot for deflecting in Sekiro. I had medium fun playing Sifu, if there is a more refined follow up i would buy it.
  97. Mar 5, 2022
    sifu is really good and definitely one of the hardest game i've ever played! but when you get it's mechanics gets way too easy and short game... but it's fun though.
  98. Feb 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Me parece una propuesta muy interesante no es para nada una novedad, pero como "Rowlight" está perfectamente ejecutado, la dificultad es muy alta es la única pega que le veo ya que su arte gráfico está también perfectamente ejecutado, pese al presupuesto con el que ha sido creado. Expand
  99. Mar 28, 2022
    Brilliant game, souls type martial arts. At a certain point the game "clicks" and you really enjoy it.
  100. Aug 16, 2022
    A game that is great for a small segment of the gamer population. I think this game would most appeal to fans of fighting games and fans of Souls games. Unfortunately I am neither, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the game for what it is. It’s a very unique concept that blends old school beat ‘em ups, complex fighting game mechanics, rogue likes, all wrapped in artistic packageA game that is great for a small segment of the gamer population. I think this game would most appeal to fans of fighting games and fans of Souls games. Unfortunately I am neither, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the game for what it is. It’s a very unique concept that blends old school beat ‘em ups, complex fighting game mechanics, rogue likes, all wrapped in artistic package with huge nods to martial arts movies. The graphics are a bit weak, I know they tried to go for the simplistic appearance, but they just honestly don’t look that good. Luckily, the presentation and artistic design make up for it and make them less noticeable. The sound design is fair, but nothing to write home about. The core appeal to the game is the unique gameplay that a small sector of the gaming population will enjoy.

It really is extremely we executed, and if you’re part of the niche market that this game caters to, you will absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I am not from that market segment. I couldn’t get into it, I am just not a fan of fighting games.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 77 Critic Reviews

1. May 31, 2022
    A wonderfully difficult beat-'em-up that puts the player at the forefront of their very own martial arts epic.
  2. May 7, 2022
    Sifu is an amazing action game with rich and challenging combat that constantly forces you to think about how to better face and survive certain situations. The low variety of enemies and the short duration are a little disappointing, but they are minor stumbling blocks for an excellent title.
  3. Apr 18, 2022
    Sifu is a challenging, brutal and, at times, extremely frustrating game. It had been a while since I screamed with anger the as I did with my TV these past few days, death after death, beating after beating, cursing the world, the enemies, and my own incompetence and lack of reaction time being knocked down again and again. But it's also an extremely rewarding game to evolve your character, not only through unlocking new abilities but also through your own understanding of its mechanics, movement, going through the different combos, and even the different ways to block and avoid the various types of blows coming your way.