8.7

1. Jul 15, 2022
    Writing this to counter the morons giving it zero for stupid reasons.

Two of the best games ever made. It's probably the best port I've seen on the Switch so far. The price is an absolute bargain.

You should totally buy it, for science, you monster.
  2. Jul 13, 2022
    There are two types of people, those who love portal and those who have never played it. You have to hate puzzle games to dislike portal. It offers up a very innovative style of gameplay that no one has tried to emulate yet, offers up a presentation that holds up well even today, and slaps on some of the best writing and voice work. This game was amazing when it came out decades ago andThere are two types of people, those who love portal and those who have never played it. You have to hate puzzle games to dislike portal. It offers up a very innovative style of gameplay that no one has tried to emulate yet, offers up a presentation that holds up well even today, and slaps on some of the best writing and voice work. This game was amazing when it came out decades ago and valve literally handed us one of the best versions of it on a portable platform. There is nothing here not to love. Now I can easily introduce this game to those who this was before their time.

The only negative is I struggle a little with the gamepad, but I cat and mouse for lyfe so that is understandable. There really isn't any puzzles that can't be done on the gamepad without a few tries though.
  3. Aug 4, 2022
    Brilliant games for a great price. The motion controls, Still Alive levels, Co-op multiplayer in 60fps handheld form factor is a treat.
  4. Jul 23, 2022
    What is there to say? This is a near-perfect port. Fluent 60fps in 1080p throughout (maybe one or two framedrops here and there, but nothing really noticable). It also supports gyro aiming, which I absolutely love on the Switch. Valve has really done a fantastic job, and this is something other devs should look at. I've played so many lazy ports on the Switch lately so I am VERY pleased toWhat is there to say? This is a near-perfect port. Fluent 60fps in 1080p throughout (maybe one or two framedrops here and there, but nothing really noticable). It also supports gyro aiming, which I absolutely love on the Switch. Valve has really done a fantastic job, and this is something other devs should look at. I've played so many lazy ports on the Switch lately so I am VERY pleased to finally see some real quality work. Well worth the money! A must buy. Note: I've only played it in Docked mode. Expand
  5. Aug 4, 2022
    2 absolutely classic puzzle games for a steal of a price.

The second one is by far the more advanced game with great voice acting but I slightly prefer the simplicity of the first. I never got to play either of these titles when they were originally released and to be honest wasn't really intested as I didn't think they would be my sort of game. Because they were so cheap, I took a risk
    2 absolutely classic puzzle games for a steal of a price.

I never got to play either of these titles when they were originally released and to be honest wasn't really intested as I didn't think they would be my sort of game. Because they were so cheap, I took a risk and they are probably now one of my favourite games of all time.

Many companies would have charged full price for 2 games like this and its refreshing to see a realistic price being set.
  6. Jul 29, 2022
    It really is a good port, but still - it is missing the level editor and it does not have the Peer Review DLC for multiplayer. Both games are over a decade old, and they still are a blast to play even today. I played both games in the past and I still love them. Valve really did a good job.

I would give the game 8/10 just because of the missing editor, but I give 9/10 The games are

I would give the game 8/10 just because of the missing editor, but I give 9/10

The games are sold for a really affordable price for what they are and Portal features 14 lost "Still Alive" test chambers. I think they were available on some XBOX back in the day and then simply disappeared. I'm GLaD that people who missed it can enjoy it now as well :)
  7. Jul 11, 2022
    A surprising, but excellent port of two of the most unique and best games ever made. Don't go in expecting a first-person, guns blazing shooter type of game or one that holds your hand through all the story beats because this game is all about world-building, exploration, and puzzle solving. As you progress, the levels get harder, the story starts to take a more sinister turn, and theA surprising, but excellent port of two of the most unique and best games ever made. Don't go in expecting a first-person, guns blazing shooter type of game or one that holds your hand through all the story beats because this game is all about world-building, exploration, and puzzle solving. As you progress, the levels get harder, the story starts to take a more sinister turn, and the uniqueness of it all gets even better. Also, the co-op mode for Portal 2 is its own thing that's easily one of the best co-op experiences out there.

About the only downsides to these games are that, if you're at least somewhat decent at puzzles, you can easily blow through them in 2-4 hours (maybe a little more with regard to Portal 2 because it is a more expansive game than the first) and being built off the Source engine means the controls can feel a bit wonky at times, but tbh these are nitpicks in the grand scheme of things. The fact of the matter is, Valve commissioned a port of two their best games for the Switch, updated things where they needed to be updated (resolution, framerate, etc.), and unlike so many new-gen ports, left the rest alone and messed nothing up in the transition. Here's hoping this is but the start for them and that we see future ports of the Half-Life and Left 4 Dead series because there's a reason why so many have such great memories of Valve games.
  8. Jul 10, 2022
    Short answer: Incredible port, Valve is the best. Hope Half-Life 2 and episodes will release for Switch someday as well.
  9. Jul 11, 2022
    Never played it before and i am really enjoying it! The diffrent levels are really well desined and its very satisfying solving them. The port is also topnotch, high frame rates all the way!
  10. Jul 10, 2022
    While I don't think Portal 1 and 2 are all-time best games, they are very good and brilliantly designed. And the Switch port is superb.

I highly recommend picking this title up as it's a classic. My only problem is the lack of a physical option for these games as they are digital-only. I would REALLY love these games on a cartridge. Also, I really hope Valve can also port over the

Also, I really hope Valve can also port over the Half-life games after this.
  11. Jul 15, 2022
    It really takes the cake...

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success. It's hard to overstate My satisfaction. Aperture Science. We do what we must Because we can. For the good of all of us. Except the ones who are dead. But there's no sense crying Over every mistake. You just keep on trying Till you run out of cake. And the Science gets done. And you
    It really takes the cake...

This was a triumph.
    I'm making a note here:
    huge success.
    It's hard to overstate
    My satisfaction.
    Aperture Science.
    We do what we must
    Because we can.
    For the good of all of us.
    Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying
    Over every mistake.
    You just keep on trying
    Till you run out of cake.
    And the Science gets done.
    And you make a neat gun.
    For the people who are
    Still alive.

I'm not even angry.
    I'm being so sincere right now.
    Even though you broke my heart.
    And killed me.
    And tore me to pieces.
    And threw every piece into a fire.
    As they burned it hurt because
    I was so happy for you!
    Now these points of data
    Make a beautiful line.
    And we're out of beta.
    We're releasing on time.
    So I'm glad. I got burned.
    Think of all the things we learned
    For the people who are
    Still alive.

Go ahead and leave me.
    I think I prefer to stay inside.
    Maybe you'll find someone else
    To help you.
    Maybe Black Mesa...
    THAT WAS A JOKE, HA HA, FAT CHANCE.
    Anyway this cake is great
    It's so delicious and moist
    Look at me still talking when there's science to do
    When I look out there
    It makes me GLaD I'm not you
    I've experiments to run There is research to be done On the people who are Still alive. And believe me I am still alive I'm doing science and I'm still alive I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive While you're dying I'll be still alive And when you're dead I will be still alive Still alive Still alive.
  12. Jul 13, 2022
    It's two of the most influential games of all time, lovingly ported to Switch, running at a consistent 60 FPS with nary any technical niggles. PLUS there's gyroscope controls. Need I say more?

At just $20 you'd be an absolute fool not to try this out.
  13. Jul 13, 2022
    Playing Portal 1 and 2 with the Nintendy joycons should be considered a war crime.
  14. Aug 2, 2022
    this game is boring and you have nothing to real do here. soundtrack is annoying and gameplay is terrible
  15. Aug 3, 2022
    this game game is not good. the music here is annoying and the chracters and gimmick is terrible
  16. Jul 21, 2022
    Quite lovely ported and should be played by everyone, hell - I even bought and played it again after playing it few times on PC. The only few minuses are:
    1) The controls are different when you jump to the 2nd one after completing the 1st one, so you might find yourself pressing the wrong buttons for a while before adjusting to new ones - but eh, it's not that big of a problem.
    2) Can't change language in the settings. I quite love the English VA for Glad0s and others, and you can even see the option in settings, but alas - can't do anything about it, language seems to be locked behind console's language settings, so if you wanna English VA - you need to change console's language in settings.
    But it's just a few small problems, the game is really worth it, especially for this price. Maybe it might go on discount sometime, who knows!
  17. Jul 29, 2022
    The Portal Companion Collection was my first introduction to a franchise I had heard so much about. From lying cakes to singing robots, the cultural significance of these games is not to be understated! I loved every second of both Portal 1 and Portal 2 and would highly recommend anyone even remotely interested in the games to pick them up.
    The level designs and progressions are
    The level designs and progressions are remarkable and are only coupled with a gameplay mechanic so unique and entertaining that I couldn't help but getting completely sucked in every time I turned them on.
    In my opinion, no true review of these games could be complete without a special mention of the voice acting. This was, hands down, some of the best voice acting I've heard in any game currently on the Switch. Portal 2 especially has stellar moments with unforgettable and often hilarious lines delivered by Ellen Mclain, Stephen Merchant, and the legendary J. K. Simmons.
    For only $20, the Portal Companion Collection is a must have for anyone who has hasn't played them before, and a must have for anyone looking for some of the best third party games the Switch has to offer.
  18. Jul 15, 2022
    Very good compilation. Portal 1 is a masterpiece, a 10/10. Portal 2 has better in story but It has the liquids so... 9/10. The graphics are awesome on switch, is one of the best ports I've seen on this console.
    Very good job, Valve.
  19. Aug 6, 2022
    0 - через відсутність української мови.....................................
  20. Aug 5, 2022
    It's portal. need I say more? okay I will. As most know, the portal games are known for there incredible puzzles and bizarre story. It's just 2 of the best puzzle games ever made in one, so yeah it's pretty great with almost no performance issues. Puzzle games aren't really my thing however, but I enjoyed this game nonetheless. That's why I give Portal Companion Collection a 9/10.

Universal acclaim - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 9, 2022
    Even after 11 years Portal 2 remains one of the most original, clever and funny video games we ever had the joy of playing. The Switch port does an outstanding job delivering this masterpiece to a whole new audience, both looking great and running at 60 fps most of the time, with very little trade-offs. Co-op works as great as ever and the first game, which is still a fun experience, is included as well. This is a must buy for every Switch owner.
  2. Aug 2, 2022
    Portal and Portal 2 are like a magic trick you’ll never figure out or a joke that doesn’t get old. The duology is just as fun and fresh now as they were when they were first released, perhaps even better. They run flawlessly on Switch and control impeccably with the addition of gyro aiming, so the Portal Companion Collection is well worth it whether this is your first time or your thirtieth.
  3. Jul 20, 2022
    Portal: Companion Collection is a great collection in which I very much enjoyed and enthusiastically replayed the iconic first person puzzle games from Valve.