6.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 22, 2022
    I just play multiplayer pvp for this game. it is good with many game modes. However, the connection issue and communication issue happen to frequently. When this happen to other person in a game with you, that game will be immediately terminated and all players return to lobby. It also happen to my self too many times, and might result on temporary ban from playing pvp for 10 minutes.I just play multiplayer pvp for this game. it is good with many game modes. However, the connection issue and communication issue happen to frequently. When this happen to other person in a game with you, that game will be immediately terminated and all players return to lobby. It also happen to my self too many times, and might result on temporary ban from playing pvp for 10 minutes. Please Nintendo, fix this. As a game company, you guys are sucks. You have been in the industry for so long, yet issues like these still occur on your newest game. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2022
    It's mainly a multiplayer game that allows you to play 30-50% of the time you attempt to play. Not kidding when I say I've been disconnected mid-game or after 2min of queue waiting hundreds of times. Nintendo should do some QA before release next time. Avoid!
  3. Oct 12, 2022
    Poor matching mechanism.Worse server.I played ten qualifying matches from S to S+,
    I try my best but I just can't win
  4. Sep 28, 2022
    The worst netcode I ever witnessed. Expect to have a disconnects or at least lags in every second match you play regardless of your own stable internet connection. Can't recommend unless they somehow fix that.
  5. Oct 5, 2022
    狗屎一样的真格匹配机制,S+段位只能匹配到不长脑子的队友。网络代码和服务器烂得要命,却还要怪玩家掉线,还要禁止比赛。这是我2022年玩过最垃圾的游戏没有之一。
  6. Oct 25, 2022
    Great concept, poor execution, curious online matchmaking decision. I hope next gen console is powerful enough to support this game with good netcode and better matchmaking system. Well Nintendo won't care as long as they have their copies sold.
  7. Sep 26, 2022
    constant connection issues and after alterna ruined this game was so excited for it too
  8. Sep 28, 2022
    Worst game design.

Battle mode is totally unbalanced, so if you're new you'll fight against high level players with their fully upgraded weapons and clothes, and if you're high level player you'll carry the newbies to lose your fights. Salmon Run is the stupidest game design ever made, to get the needed fish scales you need to fight the boss in the extra 4th phase that only happens
    Worst game design.

Salmon Run is the stupidest game design ever made, to get the needed fish scales you need to fight the boss in the extra 4th phase that only happens once in a while, so you'll get levels and upgrade your Salmon Run rank before you can even reach the boss, thing is this is increasing the difficulty of the game like crazy, so the time you reach the boss the game will be way too hard and the only way for you to get scales would be to lose every game as fast as possible until your rank is lowered to the minimum for the game difficulty to be playable and fun again.

Story mode is barely ok, some stages are stupidly easy, other ones are stupidly hard, or you get killed or fall in a trap right before the end of the stage.

Game designer behind this must be fired and never hired again for this job,
    when you can't make a balanced difficulty, can't scale battles with players of the same level, and have fun creating frustrating traps and bad stages, you're not good for this job.

A good game is suposed to be fun, not punishing the player for being new in battle mode, for reaching the end of a stage in story mode, and for leveling up in co-op mode.

Splatoon 3 feels like a fast game with bad game design made only for taking money because the other preceding games worked.
  9. Sep 13, 2022
    It's full of connections issues that destroy all the good points, I'm really disappointed.
  10. Sep 25, 2022
    - Very little content
    - Almost no changes compared to part 2
    - Constant netcode errors
    - Event for 3 teams is constantly launched for 2 teams

A very crude product that is sold at full price
  11. Oct 1, 2022
    0/10, do not buy this. Can't believe people are rating the game highly. Its just splatoon 2s content with a few minor tweaks.

If this was made by EA it would be torn to shreds by reviews Honestly are you all paid off, 50 quid for a 'DLC' Cough *. That doesn't even bother to update the UI or make much more interesting maps or weapons. CONNECTION Issues galore. And just a huge middle

If this was made by EA it would be torn to shreds by reviews

Honestly are you all paid off, 50 quid for a 'DLC' Cough *. That doesn't even bother to update the UI or make much more interesting maps or weapons. CONNECTION Issues galore. And just a huge middle finger. You can tell its a nintendo game.

Because if it was any other company this would be dogs***
  12. Sep 16, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game can be stressful and personality changing. Therefore, if you do not want to change your personality, we recommend that you do not play. Expand
  13. Oct 3, 2022
    2 words: CONNECTION. ERROR.

I will change this rating once nintendo learns how online servers actually work without flaw.
  14. Oct 1, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The worst network service, China region can not connect to the server at all. Expand
  15. Sep 11, 2022
    Sorry, I love the game, but basically every other game is a disconnect, especially so if I'm the one who wins, for some reason, fix your servers wtf is this **** this feels like it needed time in the oven or more server tests, especially considering this is an online game
  16. Sep 12, 2022
    connection error i have no issue with my internet the server is completely a trash lost connection in the game and lobby it took you may be 10 mins to play one game as you have to reconnect and reconnect all the time
  17. Sep 12, 2022
    What a disappointment for the 3rd Splatoon iteration. I find it hard to believe that this looks and feels exactly like Splatoon 2. It’s only the first week and matches are already horribly unbalanced, weapons are a joke, and now I get randomly disconnected with a threatening message insinuating it’s my end? This game is giant bug. Single player is roughly the same formula with differentWhat a disappointment for the 3rd Splatoon iteration. I find it hard to believe that this looks and feels exactly like Splatoon 2. It’s only the first week and matches are already horribly unbalanced, weapons are a joke, and now I get randomly disconnected with a threatening message insinuating it’s my end? This game is giant bug. Single player is roughly the same formula with different characters, it’s just a mega disappointment. This feels like Splatoon 2.5, but why make me buy the same game twice? Expand
  18. Sep 13, 2022
    So many connection errors. Salmon run is unplayable as you play three levels then get thrown out and loose all points at the last second. I've had 2 warnings for leaving matches myself when my Internet connection is perfect.

Update. Following the latest patch, the game is no better. Constant crashing of matches when someone gets disconnected. Also match making on the splatfests is very

Also match making on the splatfests is very unfair. Each time, teams of friends are allowed to match against individuals. This means they are organised and are talking to each other about strategy. I must have lost 30 matches in a row despite being quite good at Splatoon 2. Groups should be matched against other groups rather than random individuals.
  19. Sep 14, 2022
    Netcode.

I don't get why online games by Nintendo have netcode from 2000s.

One player disconnects, it's a new match for everyone.
  20. Sep 12, 2022
    Disappointed this great game doesn't want me to play it!!!
    Disappointed this great game doesn't want me to play it!!!
    This incredible sequel is extremely fun to play, when the gamy LETS you play it. Unfortunately it is dragged down by one horrible flaw: constant disconnect errors (despite your flawless highspeed wired connection) that punish players with increasingly long time based bans. Being a P2P game this sort of disconnect issue is to be somewhat expected, but in no way should it effect the players when their internet is not actually dropping out at all.
  21. Sep 13, 2022
    Multiplayer game that disconnects constantly. Not acceptable. Its a fun game when it works which it hardly ever does.
  22. Sep 15, 2022
    Fix the connectivity issues, online is unplayable with all these errors and it's beyond frustrating.
  23. Sep 18, 2022
    This is rig I am evening suffering to get more pts in Anarchy Battle (Open) and it not ok same pt of 8 every time I Racked up it same pts 8 and -2 to -3 it not worth it I hope Nintendo could get that resolve for Anarchy Battle (Open) cause that not right
  24. Sep 20, 2022
    This game is absolute garbage. Lets just get past the fact that this literally could have been an update to Splatoon 2. There are 0 social features. No voice chat. No way to communicate with your team other than pushing up on the d-pad to say "ouch" when you're dead or "over here" when alive. THAT'S IT. Wanna add someone you played with? Well that's too dang bad. Have fun playing the sameThis game is absolute garbage. Lets just get past the fact that this literally could have been an update to Splatoon 2. There are 0 social features. No voice chat. No way to communicate with your team other than pushing up on the d-pad to say "ouch" when you're dead or "over here" when alive. THAT'S IT. Wanna add someone you played with? Well that's too dang bad. Have fun playing the same couple maps over and over and over again with a random team of "drag me downs". You'll lose 3 games in a row, all because your team is trash. So I guess if you want to be infuriated go ahead and get this steaming pile of trash. There isn't even a "lone wolf"/solo type multiplayer mode. Bro this game got old so fast. And the amount of copium other users have is sickening. You all just wanna feel like you didn't waste $60 on a game that could have literally been an update to Splatoon 2. Expand
  25. Sep 24, 2022
    How can 3 ruin what was already a great game? Remove weapons, specials, maps, replace hosts with hideous-looking characters, change the music with Bolywood crap and you get Splat3. The game also has continued interruption with connection errors that makes this game nearly unplayable. Why change an already great game and ruin it? Beats me. But this game should've been an addition, DLC, notHow can 3 ruin what was already a great game? Remove weapons, specials, maps, replace hosts with hideous-looking characters, change the music with Bolywood crap and you get Splat3. The game also has continued interruption with connection errors that makes this game nearly unplayable. Why change an already great game and ruin it? Beats me. But this game should've been an addition, DLC, not an entire game at $60 dollars. Stay away. Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2022
    This game is literally unplayable. If i play a match then ops A communication error has accord. Okay than why am i the one being punished for nintendos problems when im forced to wait 10 minutes for nintendos disastrous servers.

Even if i manage to get in a game that lasts longer than 5 seconds, it'll usually be heavily unbalanced by either my team or the enemy team spawn killing within the first 40 seconds of the match.

Its like the devs didn't even try. The Poor match making, the awful servers, and the terrible unbalance makes this one of the worst games to come out his year. Stay away.
  27. Sep 24, 2022
    Waste of money. Same game as Splatoon 2. Super boring gimmicky crap that gets old quick. No new modes that aren't locked behind weird time gates so the devs tell us when we can play them. Features that should be mainstays in the game are treated like special events while the same old same is shoved down the user's throats. Not worth 60 dollars or a 6 rating. Sold my copy. O on bothWaste of money. Same game as Splatoon 2. Super boring gimmicky crap that gets old quick. No new modes that aren't locked behind weird time gates so the devs tell us when we can play them. Features that should be mainstays in the game are treated like special events while the same old same is shoved down the user's throats. Not worth 60 dollars or a 6 rating. Sold my copy. O on both accounts.

Old review:
    Decent enough game. Once the novelty of Splatoon 3 being a new installment in the series rubs off, it really just feels like more of the same. Some nice QOL upgrades move this from a 4-5 to a 6 for me. Playing with friends is much easier and Clam Blitz doesn't dominate rotations (although there are rotations still, unfortunately) scored at a 6 because honestly, I'm bored already. Will update when Devs update the game.
  28. Oct 29, 2022
    Worst PVP Game ever seen. Even nothing balance and can not report any of player
  29. Nov 4, 2022
    一个联网对战游戏联机做的跟
  30. Nov 12, 2022
    Excellent concept which is made effectively unplayable by the worst matchmaking ever committed to an online game. There's no excuse when the series has been going for this long. New players are constantly thrown into matches against 2+ players who are the highest skill rank in the game, while left with a team of similarly inexperienced players. It's simply match after match of losing andExcellent concept which is made effectively unplayable by the worst matchmaking ever committed to an online game. There's no excuse when the series has been going for this long. New players are constantly thrown into matches against 2+ players who are the highest skill rank in the game, while left with a team of similarly inexperienced players. It's simply match after match of losing and getting spawn killed.

Utterly miserable experience, and completely unnaceptable for a team which has 2 previous games under its belt. Every time I can only tolerate playing 1-2 matches before giving up again. I
  31. Nov 12, 2022
    I regret spending 60€ on Splatoon 3, this is the least fun and at the same time the most frustrating game I've ever played.

The biggest issue for me lies in the way the game matches you against other players, there's no MMR or other form of matchmaking system at all; some matches are just unwinnable, it doesn't matter what rank you're in, you'll get matched with and against all kind of players. Splatoon 3 doesn't take into account what weapons the players are using, which sometimes results in a team composed of 4 chargers (sniper rifles) matched against a balanced team with a good mix of long and short range weapons, making the match completely one-sided.

Splatoon 3 is NOT a casual videogame, If you're thinking about buying this for your kids I'll let you know it is not for everyone. Splatoon 3 is an extremely sweaty third-person shooter with a huge learning curve, meaning new players will lose A LOT trying to learn the mechanics of the game.

Losing feels awful, if you're unlucky enough to end up in an uneven match you'll either completely aniihilate the opposing team or get brutally stomped with the rest of your teammates and even though it is no longer possible to get spawn killed in this game, compared to its predecessor, you still won't be able to do much when losing. If you're in the losing team you basically don't get to play the game and it feels incredibly frustrating. Turf war matches only last 3 minutes, and yet it is still possible to die over 10 times in a single match or get over 20 kills, simply because maps are really small and you're pretty much forced to confront your opponent.
    Almost every single map in the game is terribly designed, the maps feel too small with not enough space to maneuver around, meaning flanking enemy players is really hard.

The game is hopelessly unbalanced. There are over 50 weapons so it only makes sense that some of them are considered useless, not to mention every weapon in the game has a predetermined kit that you cannot change, so even if you find a main weapon that you like you might not like the special weapon or the sub weapon it comes with.

Splatoon 3 also has some really bad connection issues, I suggest not to buy this game if you don't have a stable internet connection. Although I didn't experience this myself, I heard many players complain that they're getting disconnected in the middle of a match as a result of those issues.

Now, not everything about the game is terrible; the single-player campaign is fairly decent and the co-op pve horde mode (Salmon Run) can actually be fun, even if hard at times.

I felt like I HAD to leave a bad review of this game, just to warn others about what they might experience playing Splatoon 3. Hopefully it has been helpful for somebody to read this review.
  32. Nov 15, 2022
    Nintendo is still terrible at net-code. It is fine until the higher levels, and then you can't play because everyone is lagging and not taking damage. Splatoon 2 had this problem too.
  33. Sep 16, 2022
    The third instalment in the Splatoon Franchise, Splatoon 3 adds absolutely nothing to the table and almost feels like a DLC bundle for Splatoon 2. It's addictive game-play is lacking here, and it feels slightly more easy to lose entire interest of game-play.
  34. Sep 17, 2022
    Online malisimo, soundtrack malisimo, gráficos de cartón, diseño de personajes horrendo y vomitivo (en especial las idols, dan muchisimo asco) e historia mediocre, esta porquería no supera ni a sus predecesores, todo mal con este juego, este juego merece ser odiado
  35. Sep 13, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything about this game SUCKS!!!!! the story mode is trash, the idols can't sing, the post apocalyptic feel of it is disgusting, and little buddy is so freaking useless in the levels where you're FORCED to use him! And you can forget about subweapons in those levels. He is the single most over rated thing in the game. And the game itself is so overrated. For all the hype around it I thought it would be good. -+0/10, please don't buy this game Expand
  36. Sep 25, 2022
    I just i hate this game, just started playing, and can't do **** I get splatter like all the time and can't even do anything... No matchmaking what so ever...
  37. Sep 14, 2022
    This game is a huge steaming pile of garbage. The greedy developers copied and pasted the majority of the maps from the past Splatoons, and they had the audacity to charge $60 for reused content. The developers were too cheap and lazy to give us more new maps. Only 5 maps are new and the other 7 are reused from previous games. When I pay $60, I expect most of the maps to be new with topThis game is a huge steaming pile of garbage. The greedy developers copied and pasted the majority of the maps from the past Splatoons, and they had the audacity to charge $60 for reused content. The developers were too cheap and lazy to give us more new maps. Only 5 maps are new and the other 7 are reused from previous games. When I pay $60, I expect most of the maps to be new with top notch AAA quality.

The gameplay is the exact same trash as Splatoon 2. The graphics are a joke and looks the same as Splatoon 2. It's almost as if the lazy developers got Splatoon 2 and slapped the number 3 on the cover. The physics are beyond horrible. This game is broken because I was stuck in a black screen. The campaign is awful with boring boss fights. The story is stupid and worthless. The missions are boring and repetitive. The soundtrack is terrible. The puzzles are laughable. These annoying creatures make too many cringeworthy noises, to the point where I almost wanted to slam my TV against the floor if I heard their voices again.

The online multiplayer is complete garbage with all these connection issues and awful map designs. There isn't even any split screen. This is clearly the developer's pathetic attempt at making players buy more Switchs for local play. The inkling kid with the yellow "hair" has a cringeworthy face on the cover of this game. This made me remove the cover paper off the game case and rip it into pieces. I don't recommend this game at all, unless you want to support laziness.
  38. Sep 11, 2022
    Same that 1 and 2 offer behind the games is the worst yt Channel and splatoon 3 the worst shooter, game zzz
  39. Sep 12, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Regarding hero mode, I wanted a difficulty level selection. If you are a beginner or an unskilled person, you will feel difficult, so it is a pity. In particular, I think that the boss battle will be difficult to defeat from the first half. Expand
  40. Sep 13, 2022
    Gotta be one of the worst and disappointing games ive ever played by nintendo. It is nothing but boring, lame gameplay. The Shooting mechanic is just shoot in the general direction of an enemy and whoever has the higher level weapon or is clearly someone who has too much time on there hands its an easy kill. The entire experience is a frustrating mess of gross disgust you wish you neverGotta be one of the worst and disappointing games ive ever played by nintendo. It is nothing but boring, lame gameplay. The Shooting mechanic is just shoot in the general direction of an enemy and whoever has the higher level weapon or is clearly someone who has too much time on there hands its an easy kill. The entire experience is a frustrating mess of gross disgust you wish you never even touched let alone know of its existence.

Thats only the game, Nintendo making a multiplayer focused game you know already somethings up. So many of the matches end with a troubled connection and of course if you want to use an ethernet you need to buy the brand new switch. Yeah this "game" is best left forgotten and rotting.
  41. Oct 19, 2022
    真格模式跟二代比区别很小没有任何新意,打工模式比二代丰富一些,两个新武器出场率不高、没那么好玩,游戏内BGM跟二代没法比,UI看上去也很粗糙,武器地图都少得可怜!总体而言像是半成品,
  42. Sep 12, 2022
    This game delivers to a very specific audience, and to be quite honest I find myself to be above it in terms of its visual appearance which is the equivalent to taking your diabetic nephew out for ice cream on a cold day. To me it's quite amusing how Splatoon has survived as a full-priced game because I've played demos that have more mechanics and depth than the entire package Splatoon hasThis game delivers to a very specific audience, and to be quite honest I find myself to be above it in terms of its visual appearance which is the equivalent to taking your diabetic nephew out for ice cream on a cold day. To me it's quite amusing how Splatoon has survived as a full-priced game because I've played demos that have more mechanics and depth than the entire package Splatoon has to offer. I said in a previous review if you like Xenoblade you probably sniff paint, and I should have reserved that line for this game. Nintendo needs to beef up their presentation on their games and ditch the Switch for power. Expand
  43. Oct 14, 2022
    You are paying full game price for a DLC to Splatoon 2. If this wasn't Nintendo the user score would be like a 1. Yes, Splatoon is fun but paying full price for what could have been an update is crazy. This will be the last Splatoon game I own. Nintendo is just getting greedy now. I have been playing since the Wii U and my disappointment is immeasurable.
  44. Nov 4, 2022
    For a first time player in the splatoon series, this game is really addicting and fleshed out, def worth a try if you havent played the previous games.
  45. Nov 25, 2022
    One of the very worst games to have ever graced this horrid Earth. Do not get it. It is beyond overrated and does nothing to improve the series or its gameplay, it's the same old shtick again, and somehow it sells like hot cakes...
  46. Nov 2, 2022
    Good game connection, I thought it was a Ubisoft game at all. Nice game experience with various connection error code.
  47. Nov 12, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. bad network!bad network!bad network!bad network!bad network!bad network!bad network!bad network! Expand
  48. Nov 13, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The server are bullcrap ,worst than potato, repair your potato server , 5 game got 3 game disconet and count at my problem , your crappy potato server make me need to wait 40 minutes ???? I use my potato PC and run a server batter than your Expand
  49. Nov 13, 2022
    I wrote an entire 3000 character review and Metacritic's engine keeps 404ing whenever I try to post it. The game is balanced poorly, has rarely functioning netcode, awful controls, and refuses to adapt or implement any modern philosophies of game design, leading to an overall poor game experience. You're better off playing any other PvP game.
  50. Nov 17, 2022
    Splatoon 3 is a very unpolished mess of a game. The online is terrible, there are too many communication errors. The maps are awful, the updates are underwhelming at best. I'm disappointed.
  51. Nov 20, 2022
    would be a 10 if the servers functioned
  52. Oct 27, 2022
    Constant connection errors that get worse after every patch. Right now it's literally unpayable. Even deranks you for it.
  53. Oct 31, 2022
    This game has few changes between that and it’s predecessor. The connectivity issues alone render this game below a 4. I never have connection issues in other MMO, but I would venture 40% of games either do not begin or end abruptly in the middle as a result of the horrible servers being deployed on this game.

It also seems to have issues with lag delays, and the now frequent into the

It also seems to have issues with lag delays, and the now frequent into the ink, pop-up attacks no longer can be defended regularly. The solo component is fun but the game isn’t worth buying solely for that.

Seems like a money grab with little actual improvements, besides what seems like paid-off critiques or obsessed fans say.
  54. Oct 19, 2022
    How is it possible that Nintendo has had 3 attempts at fixing the problems in Spatoon and they still can't? In fact, some of the problems like online play are worse. HOW? Almost the entire game is centred around online play and they can't even do that. This game is a joke. This game is a total waste of money. Waste of money making and a waste of money buying it.

Look at some of these

Look at some of these critic reviews. Absolute garbage shills. Seriously. Blows Splatoon 2 out of the water some said. It is basically a worse version of Spatoon 2 in many ways. And they could have made a paint pun instead, but they are too stupid to manage that!

Matchmaking is still garbage. Connection issues are worse now. Lockers are garbage cause your friends are not the ones near yours, just random peoples...who cares then?! Half the maps are still garbage. Oh, and there are fewer of them as well. Ranked modes are still garbage, nothing new.

You are still forced to play the maps Nintendo wants you too. So you can log in and see the levels and modes are garbage and just immediately turn the game back off. Great design Nintendo. Real winners. How are you so stupid? Like how? How is it possible for game designers to be this idiotic?

SAVE YOUR MONEY UNTIL THEY ACTUALLY MAKE A NEW GAME AND FIX THIS GARBAGE!
  55. Oct 21, 2022
    Poor Matchmaking. I get disconnected by Nintendo's faulty P2P servers. The worst part is that I get temporary banned from online play. Before the last patch I got Disconnected in the post match results and I still would get banned from online play and, if I'm in a ranked match, the communication error count as a loss. Really shameful and greedy. The game is full price, the online playPoor Matchmaking. I get disconnected by Nintendo's faulty P2P servers. The worst part is that I get temporary banned from online play. Before the last patch I got Disconnected in the post match results and I still would get banned from online play and, if I'm in a ranked match, the communication error count as a loss. Really shameful and greedy. The game is full price, the online play isn't free... Lol, from a online game this is a killing of reputation. Expand
  56. Oct 23, 2022
    Bad network problems and extremely poor matching mechanism are destroying this game with genius design. Please help Nintendo.
  57. Nov 29, 2022
    Amazing hit. Nintendo really doesn't do online well, but Splatoon 3 has been a huge step for them as a company. The ability to smoothly squad up with your friends and details like lockers, practice range while matchmaking, and seeing ghosts of your friends make this such a great experience. All of the Nintendo charm with none of the Nintendo disappointment. No mixed feeling about his gameAmazing hit. Nintendo really doesn't do online well, but Splatoon 3 has been a huge step for them as a company. The ability to smoothly squad up with your friends and details like lockers, practice range while matchmaking, and seeing ghosts of your friends make this such a great experience. All of the Nintendo charm with none of the Nintendo disappointment. No mixed feeling about his game and I haven't felt this strongly positive about a Nintendo game since Breath of the Wild.

Amazing community, creative weapons and mechanics, and squids living their best lives.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 114 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 23, 2022
    Splatoon 3 takes everything the previous games did and makes it better in pretty much every conceivable way. More fluid, more dynamic, with a more balanced gameplay and a very welcome enlarged one-player dimension, Splatoon 3 is all that could be expected from the third chapter in the series, where the improvements fit neatly with the Splatoon legacy.
  2. Nintendo Force Magazine
    Nov 9, 2022
    Splatoon 3 went live in September, and ever since it launched I've had to will myself to stay away from it. I'm a grown man with a family! I've got a lot of responsibilities! So why do I keep feeling compelled to stay up into the wee hours of the morning shooting virtual ink at strangers? [Issue #62 – November/December 2022, p. 74]
  3. Oct 28, 2022
    A shooting game, but kid-friendly and, above all, rock-solid. Those last two adjectives have been Nintendo's USP since the late 1980s, and Splatoon 3 is brimming with that DNA. A breath of fresh air for those tired of the Call of duty's and Overwatches of this world for a while.