8.6

1. Feb 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mais uma vez a Nintendo repete o feito de Ocarina of time. Esse jogo irá mudar o jeito de se fazer jogos de mundo aberto. Jogo divertido, lindo e atemporal. Pra quem curte jogo focado em descoberta e exploração é um prato cheio! Expand
  2. Feb 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely perfect. After having over 120 hours on the base game, I bought the dlc, and am on my third play through, this time on master mode. With over 200 hours, you'd think I'd be bored by now, but HELL NO this game is just so perfect! This is also the perfect example of a game that doesn't need super powerful hardware to look good, sound good, control good, and just FEEL good. Buy it. You won't regret it. (For anybody stuck on master mode trial of the sword floor ten, I have a quick guide. First, shoot the lizalfos with the bow twice in the head after first stasising him. Then sneak up to one of the others, sneak strike him, then walk to the other side. He will get up, then you can just continue endlessly sneak striking both of them till they're dead. You're welcome in advance) Expand
  3. Feb 2, 2020
    Graphics: It looks like they took windwaker's graphics and twilight princess and skyward sword morphed into something truly beautiful and unique.
    Plot: The plot is amazing, but I just wish it was less simpler.
    Plot: The plot is amazing, but I just wish it was less simpler.
    Gameplay: You can explore the world anywhere, any part bc now you can climb anything. It is truly open world. The combat requires you to improvise , and you have so many options to use.
    A must play for sure.
  4. Feb 2, 2020
    It is astonishing how, despite being staunchly non-linear and open, Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I have ever played at teaching new players to play it, even people who've never played a Zelda game before. BotW deserves it's mountains of praise.
  5. Feb 3, 2020
    One of the greatest games ever made. I love every minute playing it. It boasts a vast, beautiful world and yet it never feels empty. Every nook and cranny has something interesting to be found. I recommend this game wholeheartedly.
  6. Feb 3, 2020
    The in-game world itself is very large and has many things to explore. There's always new things whenever I return to a place that visited before. Also, the difficulty of the game is very challenging but easy to understand after many tries. There's a lot more like the soundtrack, animation, behaviour of the NPC in-game. etc. Overall, this is the game that you might want to play at leastThe in-game world itself is very large and has many things to explore. There's always new things whenever I return to a place that visited before. Also, the difficulty of the game is very challenging but easy to understand after many tries. There's a lot more like the soundtrack, animation, behaviour of the NPC in-game. etc. Overall, this is the game that you might want to play at least once in your lifetime. Expand
  7. Feb 3, 2020
    Great game! Almost everyone considers it the best N Switch game there has been. Extremely fun, great post game.
  8. Feb 3, 2020
    Mi juego favorito, nada más que decir.
    El gameplay es muy bueno, con una exploración sublime
  9. Feb 6, 2020
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best video games ever made, personally, I think it’s the the second. It’s outstanding open world is the center of everything around it: the story is spread around it so you have to explore in order to find it, the collectibles are fun mini games, the combat es challenging and rewarding at first and a bit too easy towards the end, andThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best video games ever made, personally, I think it’s the the second. It’s outstanding open world is the center of everything around it: the story is spread around it so you have to explore in order to find it, the collectibles are fun mini games, the combat es challenging and rewarding at first and a bit too easy towards the end, and technically it’s outstanding, the art direction is the best one I have ever seen and the piano music fits perfectly with the sense of being an adventure. As a conclusion, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is 10 out of 10 game that just three years after it’s release it’s already a classic. Expand
  10. Feb 7, 2020
    Probably the (or one of the) best game of all time, idk why it recieves so much hate, just try it and make your own opinion really, if you go in with a clear mind, there's no way you'll hate it! (Provided you like this kind of game)
  11. Feb 8, 2020
    Playing this game was a magical experience, it's the best action adventure game I've ever played.
  12. Feb 9, 2020
    I´m actually playing this game now, a couple of years after release. It´s huge and never stop getting you into the game.

The logic mechanics tells you that you could do something in several and very differents ways.

If you´ve got a NSW, you must at least try this game.
  13. Feb 10, 2020
    The best Zelda Game since Ocarina. A true masterpiece. Only slight critiques are that the voice acting on some of the main characters isn't very good. The story could've been a little bit more embellished as well but tiny nitpicks in an otherwise generational masterpiece.
  14. Feb 10, 2020
    This game is everything an open-world game should be. It looks great, it has deep mechanics, it absorbs you in its world.
  15. Feb 10, 2020
    This may just be the best game ever made, from the visuals to the game play, this game is a dream. Before playing this i was worried, I knew critics loved this game, but this was my first Zelda game. Luckily, I was not disappointed. This game has an amazing open world that I was always dreaming of, where you aren't stuck grinding. This game also has an amazing story that makes you, theThis may just be the best game ever made, from the visuals to the game play, this game is a dream. Before playing this i was worried, I knew critics loved this game, but this was my first Zelda game. Luckily, I was not disappointed. This game has an amazing open world that I was always dreaming of, where you aren't stuck grinding. This game also has an amazing story that makes you, the player, fill out and find parts of. The controls are also amazing, with you having many ways to kill enemies. This is definitely a must play. Expand
  16. Feb 11, 2020
    Just a perfect game. I mean, there is some little annoying things but they are too little to have something to say. Perfection.
  17. Feb 11, 2020
    One of my favorite games and by far my Second most liked Zelda game ( sorry place one has to go to Twillight Princess ) but what will i just say more than, if you need a realy good Openworld game in a Zelda univers you have to Play Breath of the Wild !
  18. Feb 11, 2020
    Breath of the Wild is a satisfying slow-burn of an open world adventure. The world is very fun and rewarding to explore and the non-linear story adds intrigue to the proceedings. The game is huge, sometimes to its detriment, but when everything gels it is an incredible experience and a true modern classic.
  19. Feb 12, 2020
    I usually prefer the easier platformers such as Yoshi and was put off buying this game due the the perceived difficulty.

In the past, I have always ended up walking away from games in frustration way before finishing but I love this game. I have already put in 40 hours and have loved every minute of it. I do use a few amiibo for food and weapons. While difficult, this game is so good that you care about continuing and dont just walk away.

Whether you like adventure games or not, you owe it to yourself to give this game a try.
  20. Feb 12, 2020
    An incredible game, 3 years later I'm leaving the review for it, an incredible adventure that every time I pick up takes me to another world.
  21. Feb 12, 2020
    What are you waiting for?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is easily the best Nintendo Switch game of all time. It breathes in new life to the Zelda franchise. It also introduced new mechanics that were previously not found in the old games. You should NOT buy this game if:
    1) you don't want open world games. 2) you want Linear games. 3) you want short games.
  22. Feb 16, 2020
    El mejor Zelda hasta la fecha, una maravilla hecha videojuego, Nintendo, otra muesca en tu culata.
  23. Feb 18, 2020
    When I played the first few minutes of this game, I got bored. I was confused where to go and didn't know what to do. But once I figured it out I was hooked. The graphics are OUTSTANDING and she story sucks you in making you feel like you are really there. There are many different places to explore, weapons to get and puzzles to solve. Easy 10/10!
  24. Feb 19, 2020
    Juego espectacular de principio a fin, mundo abierto inmenso, infinidad de armas, puedes jugar como tu quieras sin un orden establecido, gráficos preciosos, obra maestra de Nintendo que todos deberían jugar.
  25. Feb 20, 2020
    What can I say ? Botw is just a masterpiece, i have no other words. I think i will never stop playing this game.
  26. Feb 21, 2020
    The game is so vast and beautiful, that it is impossible for you not to go off on your own adventure on your first play through. There are so many new mechanics that i have never seen in a video game, ever. The game gives you a sense of reward for exploration and completing puzzles or fights which all add up to a great gaming experience. The story is one of the greatest i have ever seen,The game is so vast and beautiful, that it is impossible for you not to go off on your own adventure on your first play through. There are so many new mechanics that i have never seen in a video game, ever. The game gives you a sense of reward for exploration and completing puzzles or fights which all add up to a great gaming experience. The story is one of the greatest i have ever seen, yet barely any dialogue is spoken. It tells you everything about what happened 100 years ago with the fall of Hyrule by just walking around, all of the ruins and destroyed Guardians speak more than anyone you actually speak to. Every shrine you complete gives you a sense of accomplishment, that is so satisfying, because you feel like you have overcome a challenge. There is so much adventure to be had that no matter what direction you go, you are getting one step closer to winning. I always hated puzzle games, and i thought this would be another washed up puzzle RPG. BUT IT IS SO MUCH MORE. You ARE Link, you ARE living in Hyrule. This game is so immersive, so breath taking, that you can't help but love it. Everyone in the game has their own personality, and everyone seems like and important person to talk to.All of this adds to an experience unlike any other that is sure to make you want to play again and again, no doubt, if you have a switch and don't have this game, shame on you. Expand
  27. Apr 3, 2020
    Best game of all time (for me) evryfing is perfect (again for me) the story, the gameplay evryfing is perfect.
  28. Feb 25, 2020
    Not my favorite videogame but yes the best i've ever played. The exploración feeling is incredible
  29. Feb 26, 2020
    This game is adorable. Pure masterpiece. Most charming game I've ever played. Prаying for a sequel.
  30. Feb 25, 2020
    IF YOU HAVE A SWITCH BUY THIS GAME NOW!! ITS WORTH MORE THAN THE SWITCH ITSELF. It's the best game I've ever played by a longshot and opened myself up to the world of gaming. Must play, I don't care if you can't afford it GET SOME MONEY. Best investment, I've spent 100+ hours on it and I'm not even close to done
  31. Feb 27, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great open world game. Only complaint is lack of enemy variety and dungeons. Great leap for Zelda games. Must buy if you have Nintendo switch Expand
  32. Feb 27, 2020
    LABO VR turned this game from a 9 to a 10. It's a very different game experience and much more immersive. This game definitely made the $40 LABO goggles worth it !!!!
  33. Feb 28, 2020
    The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild is a beautiful perfect creation, with an incredible beautiful open world to an amazing battle system and more. The game visually is outstanding for a Nintendo System, the music also supports the look of the game with calming music. However when the game wants you to fight enemies or bosses the music is amazing. In the topic of bosses they are allThe Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild is a beautiful perfect creation, with an incredible beautiful open world to an amazing battle system and more. The game visually is outstanding for a Nintendo System, the music also supports the look of the game with calming music. However when the game wants you to fight enemies or bosses the music is amazing. In the topic of bosses they are all unique to each other and bring a new favor to the game. The battle system is very well made, it makes you want to find more weapons to enhance your self by exploring the open world and wining puzzle shrines which is genius. The story is very simple but it hits you with it’s simplicity, not to mention the many great moments you get to have in this game are perfect. The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild is an outstanding perfect achievement for an open world game, it succeeds in every front and brings something that I strongly believe every gamer will appreciate and respect. (A Masterpiece 5/5) You Must Play It! Expand
  34. Zub
    Mar 1, 2020
    Easily one of the best game ever made!
    The game is beautiful and huge,it allowed us to explore every corner of hyrule there is no chain to bull you back, the game give you every freedom you need on a marvelous adventure,there's so much to do in the game with over 900 korok seeds, 120 shrine and hundred of side quest.
    What more could i say except for THIS GAME IS AMAZING.It's became one
    Easily one of the best game ever made!
    What more could i say except for THIS GAME IS AMAZING.It's became one of my favourite game of all time
  35. Mar 1, 2020
    Secondo me è il migliore episodio di the Legend of Zelda mai uscito, ottimo in tutti gli aspetti
  36. Mar 1, 2020
    This is one of the best Zelda games ever. It comes with new mechanics and a new structure in the game (like the food system and the gyroscope use)
  37. Mar 3, 2020
    Un juego que viene a revivir y mejorar la experiencia con el primer Zelda. Simplemente no tengo palabras para describirlo
  38. Mar 6, 2020
    It's one of the best games of all Time.
    Every is in this Openworld Game perfect but the Tutorial got on my Nervs
  39. Mar 7, 2020
    A great game with a good story and large open world. All the reviews praising this game are right, this deserves do be played. A few hopeful improvements for the sequel (yes, it has been announced):
    - larger variety of enemies (BotW does not have that)
    - larger variety of enemies (BotW does not have that)
    - weapon repair? Or at least the possibility to extend durability / repair for at least some weapons (makes sense it cannot be done for cheap weapons for example)
    - add dungeons. The shrines are more like a separate, one-off puzzles. That’s fine, but the dungeons are lacking...
  40. Mar 9, 2020
    I really really loved this game. I loved the Gameplay, the Environment, The Villages and the Enemies. But there are two little things I wished had been there. One, i wish there had been more cutscenes.Just a bit more story would have been nice. Two, A Craftig System. The game gives you a lot of stuff but nothing to do with it other than selling it. If I had been able to craft somethingI really really loved this game. I loved the Gameplay, the Environment, The Villages and the Enemies. But there are two little things I wished had been there. One, i wish there had been more cutscenes.Just a bit more story would have been nice. Two, A Craftig System. The game gives you a lot of stuff but nothing to do with it other than selling it. If I had been able to craft something like arrows or simple weapons myself I would have really appreciated it. Expand
  41. Mar 9, 2020
    FYI - No plot or story spoilers here, but I do talk a little bit about some game mechanics and game-play.

First of all, I do not understand all of the negative reviews I have seen for this game. To each their own and hate this game if you want, but this is my favorite video game of all-time. Hands down. No question about it. I don't even know where to begin. To me, this game is the

I don't even know where to begin. To me, this game is the best, most immersive, enjoyable game ever. I love that a lot of the mechanics of the game are realistic. If an enemy shoots an arrow at you and you block it with a wooden shield, the arrows sticks into the wooden shield and you can keep the arrow. If you block an arrow with a metal shield, it bounces off or shatters. I enjoy the simple stuff like that that most games don't do.

Also, the game is so huge and immersive, it's tough to get things done because I keep wanting to check out every cave or camp I run or ride past. Even just collecting mushrooms is something I genuinely enjoy. The world they have created in this game just feels so real, interactive, complete and magically amazing.

the only "complaint" I really have is the story. The story is solid but I liked the story in some other Zelda games better. Regardless, this does not take away from the game, in my opinion.

If you're a Zelda fan or even just a fan of games in general, this one is an absolute masterpiece and a can't-miss. I can't stress it enough, PLAY THIS GAME!!!
  42. Mar 10, 2020
    [x] Perfect
    [ ] Awesome
    [ ] Good
    [ ] Good Bad
    [ ] Fail

Não vejo necessidade em escrever um longo texto analisando sobre uma arte, a nota é apenas um conselho para saber o quanto ela vale para sua vida.

I see no need to write a long text analyzing an art, the note is just a piece of advice to know how much it is worth in your life.
  43. Mar 10, 2020
    Breath of the Wild has got to be one of my all-time favorite video games. From the first stick to the last golden poo, you will be smiling.
  44. Mar 11, 2020
    I love this game. The graphics are amazing. The stpry is amazing. Everything is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Link looks cool. The game is playable in Wii U
  45. Mar 12, 2020
    Nothing to say more. Very satisfying story, game mechanics and versatile way of playing the game. It might be bit too easy to play if you are good at mastering the game. However I really enjoyed the game with almost no down side.
  46. Mar 12, 2020
    An excellent game with interesting gameplay, a good study of the world and interesting physics, dragged me on for 200 hours, it is very different from the classical parts, but it does not spoil the impression of it at all, I advise everyone.
  47. Mar 12, 2020
    Mind-blowingly vast and interactively stellar, the Switch's debut title surpasses expectations and raises the bar for Zelda, even if its story and characterizations were shoved to the side in the process this time around.
  48. Mar 14, 2020
    O jogo é simplesmente sensacional, a sensação na primeira vez, a imersão no mundo totalmente explorável, zelda breath of the wild é o jogo para vc pegar e entrar no game, ele além de te dar total liberdade, tem suas 120 shrines ( são meio q umas "dungeons" ) q são o método de se upar vida ou estamina, sem falar dos boss maravilhosos nas divine beasts, ainda contendo 2 dlc' sensacionaisO jogo é simplesmente sensacional, a sensação na primeira vez, a imersão no mundo totalmente explorável, zelda breath of the wild é o jogo para vc pegar e entrar no game, ele além de te dar total liberdade, tem suas 120 shrines ( são meio q umas "dungeons" ) q são o método de se upar vida ou estamina, sem falar dos boss maravilhosos nas divine beasts, ainda contendo 2 dlc' sensacionais
    Simplesmente esse game é maravilhoso, as músicas, a gameplay, tudo, na minha opinião, um dos melhores games do mundo
  49. Mar 14, 2020
    i had only played one Zelda game before BOTW and this made me come back to that it and i think it's possibly the best Nintendo switch title to this day
  50. Mar 15, 2020
    this is the definitive open world adventure with loads to do and while its not as "magic" on a second play-through it defiantly has its charm and it got me to buy a switch and spoilers, the final fight against
    is really really easy especially if you've done the 4 divine beasts but its still a must buy.
  51. Mar 15, 2020
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild es una obra maestra totalmente a-temporal a nuestro tiempo. El gusto por el detalle, su estilo gráfico único y, sobretodo, sus horas y horas de entretenimiento proporcionadas gracias a su jugabilidad lo convierte, sin ningún tipo de dudas, en el mejor videojuego de esta generación y uno de los mejores de la historia de esta industria. Decir menos, esThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild es una obra maestra totalmente a-temporal a nuestro tiempo. El gusto por el detalle, su estilo gráfico único y, sobretodo, sus horas y horas de entretenimiento proporcionadas gracias a su jugabilidad lo convierte, sin ningún tipo de dudas, en el mejor videojuego de esta generación y uno de los mejores de la historia de esta industria. Decir menos, es quedarse corto. Expand
  52. Mar 19, 2020
    One of the most creative, addictive, innovative games ever created. Breath of the Wild is without a doubt one of the greatest games ever created and should be played by everyone who loves video games. Breath of the Wild contains what feels like an endless adventure and one of the only open-world games where I genuinely loved the open-world design. Breath of the Wild is probably the closestOne of the most creative, addictive, innovative games ever created. Breath of the Wild is without a doubt one of the greatest games ever created and should be played by everyone who loves video games. Breath of the Wild contains what feels like an endless adventure and one of the only open-world games where I genuinely loved the open-world design. Breath of the Wild is probably the closest we have ever gotten to a perfect game, and for that, I'm giving it the perfect score of 10/10. Expand
  53. Mar 16, 2020
    This is the best game on the Switch so far. What an absolute treasure to behold.
  54. Mar 16, 2020
    My favorite game of all time, Play it for the beautiful open world, the serene soundtrack, it helped me find other games that I truly love as well, and is a great way to get into Zelda, and so far is only played the 3ds remakes and Wii U remakes and links awakening, this game franchise has made a great impact as my favorite game series, and I simply can’t find a way too express everythingMy favorite game of all time, Play it for the beautiful open world, the serene soundtrack, it helped me find other games that I truly love as well, and is a great way to get into Zelda, and so far is only played the 3ds remakes and Wii U remakes and links awakening, this game franchise has made a great impact as my favorite game series, and I simply can’t find a way too express everything I like about this game. Expand
  55. Mar 17, 2020
    Great game. When you start playing you will not stop you just get lost in world and amazing story. But I think There should be more voice acting like link should have actually have a voice in this one
  56. Mar 17, 2020
    It’s a masterpiece through and through. How the heck is this game like 8.6 in the user ratings? No chance those are legit
  57. Mar 19, 2020
    This game has so much content, secrets, and more! There are things most players will never see, but Nintendo them there any way which makes the game feel like your on a true adventure through the once beautiful kingdom of Hyrule. I bought the game only shortly after its release and still boot it up consistently. This game is an absolute masterpiece and if you haven't bought it, what areThis game has so much content, secrets, and more! There are things most players will never see, but Nintendo them there any way which makes the game feel like your on a true adventure through the once beautiful kingdom of Hyrule. I bought the game only shortly after its release and still boot it up consistently. This game is an absolute masterpiece and if you haven't bought it, what are you waiting for? Because the game is waiting for you! Expand
  58. Mar 19, 2020
    One of the best games I’ve ever played, visually stunning with top notch gameplay and expert story telling. An amazing experience from start to finish.
  59. Mar 20, 2020
    Firstly, I have only sunk 75 hours into the game, I have not spent more than 2 months on the game, I have no doubt that people who have spent longer will have a different opinion to mine.

A very non traditional Zelda game. Feels polished for a casual playthrough and has enough content to keep you busy for at least 60 hours, or 1 hour should you choose the hard route. Music is by far

Music is by far the best part of the game for me. Good choice of instrument as well as folly as most of the game is just that. Again, it gives otherwise silent parts of traveling a beautiful or even breathtaking landscape a lot of character and atmosphere.

The traversal mechanics felt very freeing, but still had ways to limit travel by either stamina restrictions or by weather. With temperature gauges as well as the law/traditions of towns, the restrictions feel acceptable instead of an invisible wall or a wall that you can never cross.
    Combat feels a little shallow but more than makes up for it with variety in weapons which you will inevitably have to use as weapons can break upon being used for too long. Also, a few of the major mechanics are not taught to the player unless the player has visited a shrine that requires that mechanic.

The story was the most disappointing part for me as I have usually come to expect a deep story when it came to zelda games (deep whether it was implied or just told straight up to the player). There are very few cutscenes given the amount of hours a player can spend on the game, however where there are cutscenes it does the job of filling in the player with just enough information to understand what is going on in the grand scheme of things (the grand scheme which players will forget as they are not constantly reminded of what the main quest is). These cutscenes are a decent work of cinematography as well as voice acting, not to mention the musical piece accompanying. After watching each one I would always wish there was another coming soon, however, these cutscenes need to be found in the world by the player meaning there is always a chance a player will never find one without internet help as the map is so big.

Many of the sidequests are a little boring, almost like filler, but that's to be expected. However, there were some that were memorable whether it was the story behind it or it was the changes it made to the actual map that would stay even after the side quest.

The map itself is very large but a player can expect there to be something to do from one spot to another that's close by. However, for a casual player a lot of that can feel like filler. The DLC does make traversal a lot easier among the base tools that the game gives naturally. This game is also one of the best uses of the "Ubisoft Tower" that I've ever played with.

Overall it is an amazing game and developers should be commended for the feat of design and programming. It is still a must have on any Nintendo Switch even 3 years after it's release.
  60. Mar 20, 2020
    Intimidating and nothing like Zelda used to be. Maybe that is why many more people hold it in the highest of regards. Be prepared to die countless times and change your point of view on the franchise if you are a seasoned Zelda player, though.
  61. Mar 21, 2020
    First things first, I had never played a Zelda game before. These impressions are those of a newcomer, not a diehard Zelda fan. Breath of the Wild won so many awards and is often referred to as one of the best games of the last decade and it is easy to be disappointed when the expectations are so high. Fortunately, BotW lived up to the hype.

BotW offers a magical open-world experience.

BotW offers a magical open-world experience. Visually, it is breathtakingly beautiful. Controls are tight and satisfying. The most impressive thing about BotW, however, is how much this vast world is full of surprises. It is truly open-world, just walk in any direction and something will distract you. And chances are that distraction will lead you to a hidden surprise. On your journey, Link can interact with the environment in all sorts of crazy ways. Such interaction is not necessary to progress, but nevertheless an interesting touch that encourages creative thinking.

In BotW, you can explore shrines and strengthen your character. You can gather plants and hunt animals, cook them which will grant you the same or even better (yet temporary) benefits than shrines do. There are plenty of puzzles both in shrines and dungeons (divine beasts) in the main storyline. In terms of puzzles, I enjoyed the former, but the divine beasts not so much. You can complete quests and get the rewards. BotW has weapon durability and I think it was a wise decision to implement this game mechanic to make sure the game doesn’t get repetitive fast (unlike many other open-world games).

There will be a feeling of diminishing returns in BotW sometime after 50-60 hours of gameplay. You may start to feel like you’ve had enough of Zelda, despite all the efforts of BotW to offer unique experiences to different playstyles. My suggestion on that would be to enjoy the open world when you start the game and focus on the main quest as soon as you start feeling overwhelmed by all the quests and shrines. Do not aim for 100% completion.

The only reason I don’t give it a 10 out of 10 is that Breath of the Wild does not speak to me on a personal level as much as some other “perfect games” do. However, it is still a perfect game, both technically and gameplaywise.

9.5/10
  62. Mar 21, 2020
    This needs to be the best Zelda game ever made. The world is massive and full of life and with so many things to do. The world is really its own character. The controls and the gameplay mechanics are easy to understand, responsive and excellent. Despite its performance issues at launch, the game runs smoothly now. I love the realistic physics, the overall difficulty and challenge, theThis needs to be the best Zelda game ever made. The world is massive and full of life and with so many things to do. The world is really its own character. The controls and the gameplay mechanics are easy to understand, responsive and excellent. Despite its performance issues at launch, the game runs smoothly now. I love the realistic physics, the overall difficulty and challenge, the massive amount of side-quests and shrines to explore, the sound design (I love playing it with headphones in portable mode), the GORGEOUS art style and beautiful score. Yeah, the main quest has a pretty cliché story, Nintendo rarely tells stories that aren't cliché. Yeah, while it's the first Zelda with actual voice acting, it is pretty mediocre and it's full of cliché and cheesy lines, but that's not what we play the game for, that's not what makes or breaks the game, what does is literally everything else but the story...And my God this game is so addicting and fun to play. Every time I play this game, I truly feel like I'm in Hyrule. I LOVE it. Expand
  63. Mar 22, 2020
    This is my favourite game on the Switch so far. It looks beautiful, has a huge map to explore and a lot of puzzles. I have never played an open world game that was as fun to play as this one.
    My only problems with this game are that the first 2 hours in the tutorial area aren't all that exciting, the durability of the weapons can get annoying and the dungeons aren't as interesting as in previous Zelda games (dungeons all look very similar and also have similar soundtracks).
    But there is just so much to discover in this game and exploration has never felt as good in any other game I have played. The atmosphere is amazing, the landscape is gorgeous, the puzzles are fun and I love it.
  64. Mar 24, 2020
    If you don't like this game then there is something wrong with your brain..........
  65. Mar 24, 2020
    Breath of the Wild once again proves that The Legend of Zelda is Nintendo's best when it comes to their 1st-Party franchises. A brand-new experience with the open world and combat mechanics keep the game fresh and never lacking of fun. There's not much wrongdoing with this entry in the Zelda franchise as it contains great gameplay, controls, music, art style, & story.
  66. Mar 25, 2020
    Das Spiel ist sehr gut. Es macht grossen Spass die Recken der anderen Völkern zu befreien. Das erkunden der Landschaft macht sehr grossen Spass. Die Schreine sind meistens, wenn auch nicht immer sehr gut gestaltet. Kauft eich das Spiel, wenn ihr es noch nicht habt.
  67. Mar 25, 2020
    Just simply one of the best video games ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  68. Mar 25, 2020
    This is a wonderful game. I'm not usually an open-world fan, but Breath of the Wild was really a breath of fresh air. The world is beautiful (if a little barren in some spots -- perhaps intentionally so), and exploring it feels great. As many have said it sets a new bar for open world titles, and the shoes will be harder to fill after Breath of the Wild. My only gripe is that there are noThis is a wonderful game. I'm not usually an open-world fan, but Breath of the Wild was really a breath of fresh air. The world is beautiful (if a little barren in some spots -- perhaps intentionally so), and exploring it feels great. As many have said it sets a new bar for open world titles, and the shoes will be harder to fill after Breath of the Wild. My only gripe is that there are no dungeons, and very few items to unlock that affect the game in any meaningful way. Side quests are usually a bit dull (at this point I feel like a lot of games just tack them on because they think they have to) but some of them are pretty good. It's hit or miss with them. Overall a great game that could benefit from just some quality of life changes and definitely some dungeons in the sequels, although I think the stand-in dungeons in the form of the giant mechanized creatures were pretty good despite how short they were. Expand
  69. Mar 26, 2020
    The best Zelda game and one of the best video games of all time...……….:) :) :) :) :)
  70. Mar 26, 2020
    During one of the days I was playing, I forgot to go to sleep while playing this game. I was so immersed in the BOTW's world that when stop to check the time more than 24 hours had passed in my world; that's how hooked I was to this game.
  71. Mar 26, 2020
    Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado, y el mejor por mucho de la nintendo switch
  72. Mar 27, 2020
    História que se desenvolve bem, gráficos bonitos, bom sistema de combate. Obra prima
  73. Mar 29, 2020
    REAL OPEN WORLD GAME
    You can do anything want, even fighting the boss right at the beginning, logical mechanics, great gameplay
    10/10.
  74. Mar 30, 2020
    I never spent so much time with one game than I did with BotW. Ended the story and still had about 33% of the whole game done. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to complete it 100%, but so much content is just impressive.
  75. Mar 31, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the game. 125+ hours. I think this is my favourite game I have ever played. Expand
  76. Mar 31, 2020
    I loved every second of this game it was incredibly fun and the open world had so much to see and do that I don't think I will ever be able to do everything.
  77. Mar 31, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The electricity endboss is much harder than the other ones that kinda idk not so nice. But I love the music and everything else! Expand
  78. Mar 31, 2020
    This is a great game in almost every way, the only reason why I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because the lack of underwater exploration. Loved that in previous Zelda games and I did find it disappointing and a little bit annoying that it was not a feature in Zelda - Breath of the Wild.

But except for that, the game is a masterpiece!
  79. Apr 2, 2020
    Is a first time nintendo made a open world game really? For me this is a great​est open world game in my life.
  80. Apr 2, 2020
    The fact that you can choose your own adventure in a fantasy setting with the quality of Ocarina of Time is something very special.
  81. Apr 2, 2020
    This is simply put one of the best world designs created in a game. I have so many hours between multiple playthroughs and there is still so much more I constantly find out when I test new things. There are a few minor flaws but it's the closest I think a game will get to a masterpiece

Pros The dungeons having 4 good and well fleshed out quests along with the use of shrines as mini

Pros

The dungeons having 4 good and well fleshed out quests along with the use of shrines as mini puzzles made traveling rewarding and gameplay streamlined

Combat is simple but requires immense skill and can be modified to whatever way you want to play. The weapon durability system encourages thoughtful resource management and pushes you to try new weapon types that you may have otherwise steered away from

Story is simple but works well with the "rediscover hyrule" idea since it allows you to play the game how you want, finding Easter eggs and knowledge as you go on while also having main themes and places you must be

Graphics are amazing and probably the best port we will see on the switch fir a long time

Collecting and exploration has never felt more simple and satisfying with such a well done method of finding shrines, kooks, and locations that push you towards 100% or just a nice sense of satisfaction

Cons Rain is good for limiting movement but it limits movement a bit too much and it is often difficult to light a time skipping fire by that time which makes it mildly inconvenient The musical score for this game is amazing but suffers from a lack of use as you often just get a few piano keys, simple touches like more majestic horse riding music or a variety of daytime travel ambience would be nice

I could go on for so much longer but I have to say this is one of my top 3 games of the 2010 decade, it has a wonderful design that allows anyone to put well over 200 hours into a single playthrough. A true masterpiece that will shape games to come, 10/10
  82. Apr 3, 2020
    It's breath of the wild are you STUPID not to have it as a religion who needs god am I right
  83. Apr 4, 2020
    A masterpiece! This surpassed Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my favorite video game of all time.
  84. Apr 7, 2020
    A Masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  85. Apr 7, 2020
    A true masterpiece in every aspect. One of the best video games of all time!!!
  86. May 1, 2020
    In my opinion, the best game of the generation. A Zelda that does not look anything like the previous ones and still they have managed to make a masterpiece. Immense world where a surprise awaits you in every corner. The technical section is incredible. The endless possibilities in combat due to the amount of weapons and elements on the ground that you can use to your advantage (even theIn my opinion, the best game of the generation. A Zelda that does not look anything like the previous ones and still they have managed to make a masterpiece. Immense world where a surprise awaits you in every corner. The technical section is incredible. The endless possibilities in combat due to the amount of weapons and elements on the ground that you can use to your advantage (even the weather!). It is just perfect. 10/10. Expand
  87. Apr 28, 2020
    My favourite game of all time, joint with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
  88. Apr 29, 2020
    That's the greatest game of all time in my opinion. You must try it! I hope to play Zelda like games in Xbox.
  89. Apr 29, 2020
    This is literally the best game I have ever played in my life. No other game had ever given me such an amount of freedom
  90. Apr 29, 2020
    本作优点实在是太多,在这里就简单的说说三点。一:自然是出色的开放世界设计。这个开放世界真的是太赞了,本作优点实在是太多,在这里就简单的说说三点。一:自然是出色的开放世界设计。这个开放世界真的是太赞了, 广阔之余又十分充实。游览之时兴奋点如雨后春笋般接踵而至。你永远能找到你的下一个神庙。二:互动系统,这套化学系统真的是太奇妙了。如果是前者是一张静态的清明上河图,那么这套系统就让它动起来了。世界里头几乎所有物体都有其独特的化学反应。比如举着火把去雪山不会被冻着。又比如用雷击电水里头的怪能立马把其电死。配合着林克的技能和装备,真可谓千变万化。三:引导。本作的引导不同于任何游戏,更别提育碧式的checklist开放世界引导系统。于小处才能见真章。本作的引导系统精华就在此。林克的万能蜘蛛手套为什么要这么黏,就是因为只有让玩家什么都能爬,玩家才有登高望远的冲动。一览众山小之余玩家就能确定之后要干什么。剧情打碎,迷宫打碎,任务打碎,每一个碎片分散在每座山峰之间环环相扣循序渐进。不需要什么checklist也不需要任何演出,玩家自然而然就能知道自己该干嘛了。这内功真的是太出色了。再配合上NS的便携性,每个碎片也自然而然的填充着玩家们的碎片时间,让你沉迷其中不能自拔。 Expand
  91. Apr 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excelente juego. Mundo abierto perfecto que te mantiene enganchado en todo momento. La mecánica de armas que se desgastan le dan un aire de renovación al juego. Expand
  92. Apr 30, 2020
    Just the best game I've ever played everything about its world feels so alive there's always something to do and give you an amazing sense of freedom that I've only felt in this game
  93. May 1, 2020
    Das letzte Zelda was ich wirklich intensiv gespielt habe war Twighlight Princess (2006) auf der Wii und gefiel mir nicht gut aber nicht so gut wie die anderen Zelda spiele die ich bisher gespielt habe. Das grandiose Ocarina of Time (1998) und der Klassiker vom SNES A Link to the Past (1991). Für mich gilt also die Regel alle 10 Jahre einmal Zelda. So lange will ich aber eigentlich garDas letzte Zelda was ich wirklich intensiv gespielt habe war Twighlight Princess (2006) auf der Wii und gefiel mir nicht gut aber nicht so gut wie die anderen Zelda spiele die ich bisher gespielt habe. Das grandiose Ocarina of Time (1998) und der Klassiker vom SNES A Link to the Past (1991). Für mich gilt also die Regel alle 10 Jahre einmal Zelda. So lange will ich aber eigentlich gar nicht warten, denn Breath of the Wild ist fantastisch und hat mich fast genau so in den Bann gezogen wie Ocarina of Time damals. Warum nicht genauso liegt meiner Meinung nach nicht einmal am Spiel sondern daran, dass ich mit fortschreitender Erfahrung und Alter einfach nicht mehr so aus dem Häuschen zu bringen bin wie ich es früher war. Dennoch BotW ist fantastisch. Die Hardware der Switch ist wirklich nicht die Stärkste und dennoch sieht das Spiel so fantastisch aus und hört sich grandios an. Alles passt! Immer wenn ich die Switch anschmiss um wirklich zu spielen fühlte ich mich wohl. Das schafft das Spiel einfach irgendwie. Es muckelt einen in eine warme Decke voll von guten Gefühlen und stellt einem noch eine Lieblingswarmgetränk hin. Zum Spiel: Ganondorf der Oberbösewicht hat Hyrule mal wieder unterjocht. Er ist aber nicht bei voller Stärke und ist kurz davor aufzuwachen. Wir hingegen (als spitzöhriger Elf Link) wachen auf und wissen nicht wer wir sind und warum...? Deswegen verlassen wir den Tempelhöhlenort in dem wir 100 Jahre gepennt haben um die Welt draußen zu erkunden. Alleine die Szene in der wir die Höhle verlassen lässt mich wohlig schaudern. Es ist einfach wunderschön in Szene gesetzt. Die zu erkundende Welt von verschiedenen Temperaturzonen ist frei erkundbar. Die Umwelteinflüsse spielen in diesem Zelda eine große Rolle. Temperatur, Gewitter und Regen sind für den Spielablauf wichtig. Irgendwann kommt man darauf, dass bestimmte Shrine gesucht werden müssen um stärker zu werden. Hier müssen kleine Rätsel gelöst werden. Die Zelda üblichen Dungeons sind in 4 große mechanische Tiere gestopft worden. Einerseits muss man in dieses große Viech hinein, dann muss man die Rätsel im Tier lösen und den Endboss besiegen. Innerhalb dieser Tiere sind Schalter um diese roboterartigen Geschöpfe so zu manipulieren, dass innerhalb wiederum Wege frei werden. Das ist wirklich fantastisch! Die Steuerung geht wie immer perfekt von der Hand. Das beste Open World Action Adventure was ich bisher gespielt habe!!! Expand
  94. May 1, 2020
    Addicted to this game. Easily more than 150 hours gameplay. Must have and this is the main reason I get Nintendo Switch.
  95. May 5, 2020
    I saw this game often being compared to RDR2, i only had a PS4 and I kept thinking "alright, there's no way a game that you can play in a handheld console would be as good as the **** perfection that is Red Dead" I mostly had Sony video games in my life but I dont consider myself a "sonyst" as people say. I know there are great games in every console, etc, and I want even better games forI saw this game often being compared to RDR2, i only had a PS4 and I kept thinking "alright, there's no way a game that you can play in a handheld console would be as good as the **** perfection that is Red Dead" I mostly had Sony video games in my life but I dont consider myself a "sonyst" as people say. I know there are great games in every console, etc, and I want even better games for each, I just underestimated Nintendo in this case, I guess. and man, was i wrong. It is too, as good as red dead. I was totally wrong about that. it is a little bit simpler, but thats not a demerit , it's just the way it is.
    oh, btw, imo, BotW gives you the oportunity to fight one of the most epic final boss ever in your hand, wherever, even tho i recomend setting it down on the rack to play in a big ass 4k tv
    I'm so very impressed, really
    ps: I ALMOST gave this a 9 because of some really minor disconforts such as link not grabing the next weapon or shield in the inventory whenever one breaks wich can make you die in a most frustrating way, but come on, these things cant take the bright shine off of the game
    cant wait to play the dlc
  96. May 6, 2020
    One of the best games I've ever played.

This game does the open world concept better than any other game I know of. Almost anywhere you can see, you can go to. And the game's mechanics and physics allow the most creative problem solving I know of in a game.
  97. May 8, 2020
    el juego es un 10, e intentare enumerar las razones: 1, un mundo abierto gigante en el cual explorar resulta muy gratificante y recompensante ya que sueles encontrar cosas cuando lo haces 2, inmersion debido al realismo ya que las armas se rompen, el personaje se agota, le afecta el clima y muchas razones mas, 3, un sistema de combate divertido con la capacidad de usar todo tipo de armas,el juego es un 10, e intentare enumerar las razones: 1, un mundo abierto gigante en el cual explorar resulta muy gratificante y recompensante ya que sueles encontrar cosas cuando lo haces 2, inmersion debido al realismo ya que las armas se rompen, el personaje se agota, le afecta el clima y muchas razones mas, 3, un sistema de combate divertido con la capacidad de usar todo tipo de armas, 4, una historia increible sin ser lineal y una cantidad increible de misiones secundarias que requieren que pienses demasiado.
    el juego puede darte hasta 100 horas de diversion sin que sientas que has acabado todo. sencillamente un juego excelente no solo para fans de zelda si no para quienes ame el mundo abierto, la exploracion y la aventura
  98. May 10, 2020
    De los primeros juegos de Switch y mi único 10. Una obra maestra que no debe faltar en ninguna colección.
  99. May 11, 2020
    An absolute MASTERPIECE. I wish i could erase my memory so that i could re-experience this game for the first time! The cell shaded graphics look amazing, and the gameplay is great!
  100. May 11, 2020
    Breath of the Wild is by far the best Zelda game and probably the epitome of Nintendo. If you look around you will realize the amount of effort put into every little detail of the map and how seemingly simple events are designed in such a way to ensure your delight. It looks amazing without needing beefy hardware and fills your heart with Hyrule's hope for a brighter future using theBreath of the Wild is by far the best Zelda game and probably the epitome of Nintendo. If you look around you will realize the amount of effort put into every little detail of the map and how seemingly simple events are designed in such a way to ensure your delight. It looks amazing without needing beefy hardware and fills your heart with Hyrule's hope for a brighter future using the individuals who inhabit it. There is never a let down here. Only a masterpiece could bring everything I love about games into one. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 109 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Where it takes mechanics from others in the industry, it improves upon them; where it introduces new ones, you slap your forehead in amazement that it hasn’t been done before. Breath of the Wild is development done right, and damn near the best game you’ll play all year.
  2. Aug 30, 2017
    Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece.
  3. Games Master UK
    May 19, 2017
    Up there with the finest Zelda games, Breath of the Wild is bold, liberating, and utterly astonishing. [Apr 2017, p.60]