7.9

1. Jan 18, 2019
    I really love the arcade style setup. Where you have to perform to find skills, grind exp, fight bosses and get a rank at the end. And there is also different tactics by how to take down certain enemies. And that is cool. But in the end it’s hack n’ slash. So you have to like something like Diablo I think.

The art style in some places is fantastic as well. And I enjoy the music. I’m

The art style in some places is fantastic as well. And I enjoy the music.

I’m not done with the game yet. But so far I really dig it. It’s easy to pick up and you have a goal in the near future.
  2. Jan 18, 2019
    Travis is back with a lot of Suda51 characters in cameo! Good story, nice visuals and music +really funny and intresting gameplay. Absolutelly must have for all nintendo switch owners, i also by this console to play in it.
  3. Jan 18, 2019
    Instant masterpiece, great gameplay, music and visuals. Welcome back Travis!
  4. Jan 18, 2019
    Thanks suda51 for new masterpiece! Starting game today and liked it so much!
  5. Jan 21, 2019
    A fantastic couch co-op action game and homage to retro gaming. The humor is on point, I love the graphical styling, fantastic sound and music, and mixing up the game play each level keeps the game fresh.
  6. Jan 20, 2019
    Its a new Suda51 game its quite unique as usual, this time he approaches a Indie Game style game that celebrates other Indie Games. The Game is fun and shakes up the game with every world. Its a bit short but its only 30 bucks anyway.

A lot of cameos from other Suda51 characters make you fangasm several times.
  7. Jan 25, 2019
    A great game, great humor !!! The game is very cool, this position can be recommended especially to retro fans.
  8. Jan 23, 2019
    Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is an exceptionally enjoyable arcadey action game dripping with an above average amount of Gaming Auteur Suda51's signature charm. The combat is basically the best ever seen in a game starring Travis Touchdown, adding new options like jump attacks and skills on cooldowns to the traditional heavy and light attacks of the first two games. Longtime fans ofTravis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is an exceptionally enjoyable arcadey action game dripping with an above average amount of Gaming Auteur Suda51's signature charm. The combat is basically the best ever seen in a game starring Travis Touchdown, adding new options like jump attacks and skills on cooldowns to the traditional heavy and light attacks of the first two games. Longtime fans of Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture will also be surprised by a surprising amount of love and representation for other Suda properties.

Don't skip this. Travis is back.
  9. Jan 23, 2019
    If you're a fan of Suda51, or at least No More Heroes, and fun arcade style gameplay, Travis Strikes Again is more than worth your $30 (or $40, for the Season Pass).
  10. Jan 24, 2019
    Very fun game that does everything right. The combat is basic yet give you the chance to customize it to pull off amazing combos and the bosses are all unique and each have different and personalities, all very charming and give tough fights. Blast from start to finish
  11. Jan 25, 2019
    This game is a genuine and sincere story about the passion of video games. It marks the grand return of Suda51 in making engrossing characters and stories that won't leave you indifferent.
  12. Jan 23, 2019
    Great game full of surprises, references, and many fun things to find and do throughout. Game is plays like a old school beat 'em up with a surprising amount of complexity thanks to the chip system that allows you 4 combos you can customize to fit your needs and play style. The games presentation often feels low budget and Indie but not really in a bad way at all, its quirky and charmingGreat game full of surprises, references, and many fun things to find and do throughout. Game is plays like a old school beat 'em up with a surprising amount of complexity thanks to the chip system that allows you 4 combos you can customize to fit your needs and play style. The games presentation often feels low budget and Indie but not really in a bad way at all, its quirky and charming more than anything. My only major complaint is the Second Death Ball Stage felt extremely drug out and the last is filled with so many enemies that it often pushes the games fighting mechanics to the breaking point and makes the game feel cheap at times. Everything in-between felt enjoyable, and ran at a practically constant stable frame-rate with no real slowdown or pop in. If you enjoyed Suda 51s past work do check it out, its more of the same weirdness you likely already love with a new style of game-play! Expand
  13. Jan 26, 2019
    UN JUEGO entre normal y bueno hablado de switch, pero si eres un fan o seguidor de suda 51 es realmente bueno aun que sencillo realmente es bastante amigable y violento como ataca nuestra nostalgia con todos los cameos o conexiones entre todos los juegos de goichi en uno solo , en fin
    fuera de eso es un hack slash tipico pero super diferente visualmente hermoso!
  14. Jan 21, 2019
    Not only a fun and stylish game in its own right, but also a wonderful treat for all Suda fans. The co-op mode is a first for the series and a welcome addition. Simple gameplay is easy to jump into at first while growing more involving (and more difficult) with time, as the player unlocks additional abilities and encounters more of the game's wide variety of enemy types. In keeping withNot only a fun and stylish game in its own right, but also a wonderful treat for all Suda fans. The co-op mode is a first for the series and a welcome addition. Simple gameplay is easy to jump into at first while growing more involving (and more difficult) with time, as the player unlocks additional abilities and encounters more of the game's wide variety of enemy types. In keeping with the series' tradition, the boss fights are the true highlight of the game - they all pose a unique, fun and engaging challenge to cap off each of the game's levels. The minigames do a good job of spicing up the game inbetween other sections, although they can be a bit hit-or-miss at times. The story, told through cutscenes as well as a series of neat VN-style segments, shows Suda51's personal talent and work, more so than any of his recent creations, by continuing Travis' tale and tying it together with a veriety of the director's other titles, such as Shadows Of The Damned and The Silver Case. Recommended for everyone, but a definite must-play for fans of Grasshopper Manufacture and Suda51 Expand
  15. Jan 25, 2019
    This is a game for Suda51 fans. The gameplay is the pretty standard suda grade "fine," great boss fights somewhat bogged down by levels that are a bit samey. but that isn't really why we are here. What we are here for is that sense of humor and style that suda is known for, and in that it absolutely delivers 100%. This is a game that a few people will absolutely love, and a lot of peopleThis is a game for Suda51 fans. The gameplay is the pretty standard suda grade "fine," great boss fights somewhat bogged down by levels that are a bit samey. but that isn't really why we are here. What we are here for is that sense of humor and style that suda is known for, and in that it absolutely delivers 100%. This is a game that a few people will absolutely love, and a lot of people probably just won't get; it is a cult classic in the true meaning of the term.
    My single complain as of where I am in the game so far, is that the normal difficulty (mild) feels a bit too easy. Bumping it up to bitter made the game feel more appropriately challenging.
  16. Jan 30, 2019
    There isn't a single game in existence that feels like this game. The hack and slash together with other mini games and layers upon layers of secrets, funny writing and mix of different concepts is awesome.
    This is also a game that cares way more about gameplay than graphics.
    Don't sleep on this one if you looking for something new and fresh.
  17. Jan 30, 2019
    This is an Hidden Gem for Switch, rich in references and humor, and a lot of fun to play. I've loved everything of it, i'm not a fan of suda or nmh, but this one...this one is really crazy. Don't miss it, but play it.
  18. Jan 31, 2019
    I love this game, but I am an Otaku just like Travis Touchdown and enjoy beer just as much as Badman. Perhaps if this game is not your thing it just might be simply because, "you have no Moe!"
  19. Jan 18, 2019
    Just another good ghm game! Great work, Suda-san, can't wait for big NMH3!!!
  20. Jan 18, 2019
    This seems to be another case of the Sudas. You either love this game or don't think much of it at all, I fall into the first, absolutely love this game, and I highly recommend it to any NMH fan, or anyone looking for some good fun for $30!
  21. Jan 19, 2019
    Really cool game. Worth it for people who like something a little off the wall.

I don't understand the repetitive argument.. Yeah... sure you can play on sweet mode and just hold Y if that is what you want.... however there is a lot more here if you want to do more with the combat.
  22. Jan 18, 2019
    No More Heroes is one of my favourite game franchise. So happy to see my boy Travis again!
  23. Jan 23, 2019
    Great game, smaller scale from previous nmh, indy game vibe is nice. Suda51 at it again.
  24. Jan 18, 2019
    So many easter eggs and cool gamers jokes, wanna see next Travis story so bad.
  25. Jan 21, 2019
    Initial impressions

Initial impressions

It's definitely a Suda game, it's definitely a Travis game, all the same humor is there. You still jerk off your beam katana to recharge it (yes that's a thing lol), you still save the game by sitting on the toilet. You have regular attacks, heavy attacks, special moves with the R button and you also collect other special skills throughout the game. The first level is like a hack and slash attacking large waves of enemies so far with a big boss at the end (I'm assuming) which IS like No More Heroes games. However the difference is it's much more freedom instead of confined duals like in NMH games. They were much less on the freedom and more on timing your attacks properly. I have yet to see more and hack and slash is only the first game. I read that he's melding multiple genres into the different games Travis gets sucked into.

The premise is Travis got a hold of a demonic videogame console and that's why he's in different games. It's a Travis game mostly cuz if you read up on the history of Travis Touchdown he's a gamer and big anime nerd (otaku). It has a bunch of little jabs making fun of gamers with raunchy humor. Oh and the other difference is the camera angle is more pulled back so not directly behind your character because it's supposed to be a call back to retro and indie games. That's the big focus he's trying to give indies more exposure.

Definitely NOT "trash" like the internet believes.
  26. Jan 19, 2019
    Suda Strikes Again
    The critically panned videogame assassin has been resurrected in the ashes of the damned, this Phoenix may still be covered in dirty ash but the beautiful plumage is hiding underneath and awaiting its true fans
    Explore the mysterious Death Drive Console and all of its unreleased 7 games to uncover the dark secret of its development. Embark on a worldwide journey to
    Suda Strikes Again

Embark on a worldwide journey to gather all the 7 Death Balls and revive the daughter of Badman while all past Suda51 protagonists argue with an 8bit anime rendition of Travis's cat Jeane that talks **** at them 24/7
  27. Jan 23, 2019
    Played this game with a partner, it's SO MUCH FUN. I do get some of the complaints of the reviewers, but I do think the co-op mode gets rid of them. The combat is simple yet fun, especially after getting the skill chips, it has a low skill-ceiling so you can play this with everyone. The personality of the characters, references, and charm of the game is top-notch!

Just play it on Spicy

Just play it on Spicy in co-op!
  28. Jan 19, 2019
    Holy crap, what a game. I love the subversive humor, the hack and slashing, not to mention all the wonderful indie callouts. If you were ever a fan of the famous Travis Touchdown, you're gonna love this game.
  29. Jan 19, 2019
    В игре большое разнообразие уровней, отличная и гибкая боевая система, неплохой сюжет, а так же крутейшие диалоги и атмосфера в духе Суды51.

Левелдизайн, графика и музыка оставляют желать лучшего. По поводу первых двух плевать, а вот по поводу музыки жалко, что не Масафуми Такада писал OST. Travis Strikes Again очень напомнил именно Silver Case, Flower, Sun & Rain и Killer7, при этом

Travis Strikes Again очень напомнил именно Silver Case, Flower, Sun & Rain и Killer7, при этом исправив практически всё, что мне не нравилось в прошлых No More Heroes.

С нетерпением жду No More Heroes 3 и Shadows of the Damned 2.
  30. Jan 20, 2019
    That awkward moment when creator of this 'game' literally blackmails you to buy it, or else No More Heroes 3 won't exist.
    I was hoping this is going to be at least decent experience.. Nope. It's a literal pile of crap. It looks like crap, it plays like crap. Occasional jokes are funny, yet they are like 0.005% of the game content.
    The most interesting and detailed location in the game is
    The most interesting and detailed location in the game is hub area. There are no gameplay elements in hub area. That's probably why it's okay. The music in hub is nice, too.
    Some people say 'oh man it's mini game compilation whadda ya want!'. I wish there was a single mini game in the first 7 or so hours that is remotely interesting. The rest of the gameplay consists of mashing Y or X buttons till all the bulletsponge (or hitsponge in this case) enemies on the screen die. Just to proceed to next screen with more bulletsponge enemies.
    Don't buy it. Blackmailing is bad. Being voluntarily blackmailed is plain stupid. And that's what creator of this game is proposing you. I'd rather prefer him do a Kickstarter or something.. But no thanks, not after this.
  31. Jan 24, 2019
    Let me start off by saying, if you get this expecting another No More Heroes game, you will be immediately disappointed. This game plays from a top down perspective mostly, with the controls being a heavy attack or a normal attack, the normal attack can be safely held down most of the time. The humor is present and is as good as expected from Suda, but that doesn't really help with theLet me start off by saying, if you get this expecting another No More Heroes game, you will be immediately disappointed. This game plays from a top down perspective mostly, with the controls being a heavy attack or a normal attack, the normal attack can be safely held down most of the time. The humor is present and is as good as expected from Suda, but that doesn't really help with the bland gameplay. All the levels play almost the same, and are full of tedious puzzles and platforming as well as enemies that are not difficult to fight, but will take many hits to defeat. This combination led to me checking my watch as I completed a level, just wanting to get back to the funnier dialogue focused sections. I would probably skip this game, unless you are a huge NMH fan, in which case you might enjoy it. Expand
  32. Jan 30, 2019
    I knew to keep my expectations low, but even without expecting No More Heroes 3, this game is very underwhelming.

The first stage is still all right, but the further you get into the game, the more it starts to reek of "no budget", right down to the final level looking like it was made using placeholder visuals. The visuals don't feel stylized for the most part either, just flat out cheap. And sadly, that also extends to the gameplay.

Initially, the combat starts off pretty fun, but the game stops introducing new enemy types very soon and presents you with the same tough guys that take an eternity to beat over and over again. The game is the most fun when you can feel the impact of your mindless hack and slashing, but when most enemies basically just absorb your attacks, that feeling of enjoyment vanishes pretty soon.

The bosses are definitely the highlight of this game, but they're far from spectacular either. And if you got any lives left, you can basically just spam the attack button and abuse the continues to progress. This probably changes on the harder difficulties, so it's not something I will hold against the game. The challenge is definitely there if you seek it.

The story segments are pretty fun, but sadly there is no voice acting or animations. Just still portraits with text. I feel like the game would've vastly benefited from going the extra mile in that regard, especially seeing the few real cutscenes there are, but unfortunately clever one-liners are only told through text here.

Overall, it's not the worst game I ever played, but it's definitely not a must-have. And I think even despite not being a full price game, it's hardly worth the money if you're not a big fan of Suda's works. And if you are, you likely already own the game.
  33. Jan 19, 2019
    Mis primeras impresiones del juego no eran buenas y creo que no me he equivocado, esperaba mucho más pero ha resultado ser un juego del montón digno de nintendo. Espaditas por aqui y por alla
  34. Feb 7, 2019
    An incredibly heartfelt, inspired game with bucketloads of charm and creativity. Ignore the moronic reviewers who can't appreciate this game for what it is, and instead just **** and moan about they think it should be. You can also safely ignore the idiots who give this game a low score because they're too stupid to understand that a game selling well will help with getting financialAn incredibly heartfelt, inspired game with bucketloads of charm and creativity. Ignore the moronic reviewers who can't appreciate this game for what it is, and instead just **** and moan about they think it should be. You can also safely ignore the idiots who give this game a low score because they're too stupid to understand that a game selling well will help with getting financial support for a bigger title. Suda51 isn't holding No More Heroes 3 "hostage" you stupid cretins.

If you're looking for a game that can be a fun experience (alone or with a friend!), that is also a thought provoking love letter to the more obscure game titles that are made out of passion rather than greed, this is definitely worth a buy. And I would also say this is a game that should be bought just to support the clearly very passionate creators behind it.
  35. Feb 20, 2019
    Good points:
    - Memorable Experience: The game's aesthetics is one of the best parts, really original and visually pleasing, levels have varied aesthetics and unique mechanics, enemy types have clear diferences and strategies around them, bosses are distinct, memorable and well visually designed.
    Good points:

- Katana Combat is simple and basic, yet not braindead dumb. The implementation of chips is the best part of the combat system, it allows experimentation for coming up with chip combinations and combos, figuring these out is gratifying and there is no overpowered chip combo, really balanced, also comes with different offensive, passive and defensive chips that can be adpated to play-styles and strategies. Fun to learn and experiment with.

- Level Design: how every level changed the mechanics in a meta way was fun and interesting. Every fight zone threw me a different set of enemies and combinations that made me think on how to manage and approach them.

- Boss Battles: All of them have unique attacks and strategies, part of handling a boss is knowing what attack they will make, how to dodge or evade it and when to attack, this game loop feels gratifying to exploit with the chip combos you can come up with.

- The Implementation of 2 Playable Characters: Travis is stronger but slower in his moves, while Badman is the opposite, also they have some different abilities and exclusive chips that change up the formula. They also have different final attacks, Travis has a linear Tiger like attack and Badman has a circular Dragon attack that can work out in different situations and play-styles.

- Co-op is a nice addition to the experience and adds more depth to the combat and the gameplay and how combos can be mixed up.

Hit or Miss:
    - Story is interesting, punk and unique, with a nice structure, characters, concepts and relations, but some important story points can fly over the player's head because of how briefly or how few times they can be mentioned (some are even mentioned in faxes that can be missed). It also can feel sometimes disconnected or nonsensical and trolly for the sake of being it.

- Characters are well written but not well developed or developed too fast that feel unnatural, this is the case with bosses, badman and those in the visual novel chapters.

- Visual novel chapters are a nice aesthetic decision and a good call to the past. But the same limited nature of the medium can lead to some confusion on what exactly is happening, how it happened and events can happen so fast and suddenly with no build-up that may put you out.

- Life is Destroy's puzzle mechanics and Racing Dragon GP's racing minigame are fun unique gameplay segments but can be frustrating if not figured out, the first was sometimes a little too complicated (plus the inclusion of the flying blue death head) and the second expects you to know how gear changing works in racing games with no explanation.

-Combat can feel repetitive, there is a nice sort of enemies, wave combinations and ways to aproach them, yes, but sometimes the game throws lots of consecutive enemy waves or fight zones that makes the flow of the game and levels feel stale, slow and/or stuck in some points.

- There is some non-mandatory exploration in the levels, it rewards the player with collectables, experience and more money, most of these are not super complicated to figure out and can be fun for an extra challange. Sometimes levels have complex route ramifications like in C&D (making it feel way too long of a DDMk2 game) and in some points the level won't let you go back to explore optional routes you may have wanted to see, making you replay whole sections in some instances.

Miss points:
    - Basic beam katana attacks doesn't feel to well, the game feel with these can be sometimes too floaty or too heavy, eg. the weak air attack feels amazing, but the heavy air attack feels off. (Roll feels amazing when combined with an attack right next). It always felt as if enemy patterns were not designed with the beam katana combat in mind.

- Coffee and Doughnuts and CIA levels overstayed their welcome by a little bit, C&D was the worst of both, there was variation on the level backgrounds and settings, but it felt kinda repetitive and padding, the level would have felt more beneficiated of 1 or 2 less "look for coffee and doughnuts" quests (there were a total of 4).

- Loading times can be too long (The first boot up loading screen lasted around 2 minutes, I thought my game crashed before showing me the company logos).

Conclusion:
    All in all it's a nice experience if you want something short, original and enjoyable even though a bit obtuse and a long in some minor moments. Not the best hack and slash of all time but the chip system and game style is definetely worthwhile elements to experience. 7.5/10
  36. Jan 18, 2019
    This may be the worst game I have ever played. Not from a technical standpoint mind you but everything else is garbage. Every lvl you do the exact same thing and honestly after a while I shut my brain off and just played on auto pilot the game is so easy and I was playing on the games hardest mode. Boring is how I would describe this game which is the worst thing I can say about a game.This may be the worst game I have ever played. Not from a technical standpoint mind you but everything else is garbage. Every lvl you do the exact same thing and honestly after a while I shut my brain off and just played on auto pilot the game is so easy and I was playing on the games hardest mode. Boring is how I would describe this game which is the worst thing I can say about a game. Even other terrible games I have played had something I found even a little bit entertaining. There was none of this stuff here. It was just hold down the "Y" button and never let up except to charge your sword every 60 seconds.
    I have a massive headache for making myself push through this game so I am going to go take some aspirin now. I just wanted to make an account and make this review to stop people from making the same mistake i did. Picking up this terrible terrible game.
  37. Jan 30, 2019
    Este juego es increible, la música es fantastica y jugarlo de 2 es muy divertido. Los personajes son graciosos y con mucho estilo,además de que la dificultad aumenta y se vuelve más retador a partir de cada nivel. Recomendable para pasar un buen rato!

1. Feb 13, 2019
    Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is a maddeningly repetitive experience and should be avoided at all costs.
  2. Feb 11, 2019
    Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is an example of a game that's heavily based on its creator's views, and when said creator is Suda 51 the result can only be an effort of unique and eccentric details, with plenty of humour and challenging combat moments. On the downside, Travis Strikes Again features a level design that feels too simple and its combat can easily become repetitive, making it harder for outsiders to develop a taste for Suda's latest opus.
  3. Feb 6, 2019
    As a fan of the No More Heroes and Suda51 in general, it pains me to see the series stumble in this way, as the insufferably dull combat and a cast of uninteresting villains has me pondering, “will there truly be no more heroes?”