6.5

Watch Now
Buy on

May 9, 2007
    Fun, i guess, but i'd rather play excite truck if I'm by myself, and wii sports or warioware if I"m with my friens. It comes out to ten bucks though, so, whatever.
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    This mat just be a mediocre selection of mini games, the real reason to buy this is the fact that you get a controller with it, so it's a pretty good deal if you need another controller, but if not you can pass on this.
  3. AllenG.
    Apr 18, 2007
    The game does what it sets out to do - walks you through learning the remote's capabilities while giving some enjoyment along the way. And in areas where Remotes are scarce, paying an extra $10 for three or four arcade-style games is worth it.
  4. hglglkjg
    Oct 20, 2007
    It just doesn't have enough content, though tanks is a fun game, and it is worth it's price, since it comes with a wiimote. It's good enough to rent.
  5. CoryG.
    Feb 16, 2007
    Decent games. Tanks is possibly the funniest to play with friends. For $50 it's good to get it with the Wiimote. Even my mom got into Wii-fishing. Short-lasting appeal but durable until Mario party comes out.
  6. DavidM.
    Feb 5, 2007
    I really would recommend this game. Ok its no Zelda, but its not trying to be. Its a great fun set of mini games which are great value with he remote as well. Get some mates round and have some beers and have a laugh.
  7. GrahamH.
    Mar 14, 2007
    For essentially a $10 game, Wii Play exceeds expectations. Although shallow beyond belief, the games are all pretty fun, and do a good job of encouraging play by those who may have been disinclined to play video games in the past. The games are intuitive, quick, and even pretty addictive, in the case of the Tank and Find Mii games. Additionally, the 9-ball billiards is definitely worth For essentially a $10 game, Wii Play exceeds expectations. Although shallow beyond belief, the games are all pretty fun, and do a good job of encouraging play by those who may have been disinclined to play video games in the past. The games are intuitive, quick, and even pretty addictive, in the case of the Tank and Find Mii games. Additionally, the 9-ball billiards is definitely worth coming back to a couple of times. Let's face it though - the most important thing about Wii Play is the price: $50 including a $40 controller in the box. Though i don't plan on keeping the game forever, Wii play is without a doubt worth your cash. Expand
  8. MaxG.
    Mar 15, 2007
    The first thing you notice is that this game is quite limited in terms of replayability in single player. Once you get past this, you realize that it's a tremendously fun game to get out and play with friends to show of your Wii. The cow racing game is a favorite among my cohorts and never fails to make everyone in the room laugh. The manic bubble game and shooting range are The first thing you notice is that this game is quite limited in terms of replayability in single player. Once you get past this, you realize that it's a tremendously fun game to get out and play with friends to show of your Wii. The cow racing game is a favorite among my cohorts and never fails to make everyone in the room laugh. The manic bubble game and shooting range are brilliant for quick on the draw types and make you realize how wonderful the Wiimote is. The coolest game, however, is the tanks game, which lets you plug in your nunchuk and blast enemy tanks away in a series of increasingly difficult levels. The whole game is accompanied by a lively soundtrack and funny little noises, and is a perennial joy to play with a friend. Expand
  9. BenjaminB.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Except some stupid games (fishing, posing), the games really worth playing (my favourite: tank). if you calculate 2$ per every good game (they really worth it) you come to a price of more than 10$, which it actually costs. So it is a good deal for every wii-owner.
  10. ZaferusH
    Apr 4, 2007
    It's good to get used to the controller and some of the games are fun head to head. I would have given it a higher rating if it allowed some of it's games to go to 4 players (something sorely missing in Wii games so far).
  11. BjornT.
    May 11, 2007
    Simple games (old style circa 10-15 years ago) but made different with the wii controler, they dont require much thought and will be short lived but cinda nice to play in a no brainer way and you get a controller, should have been bundeled with the consul.
  12. WilliamB.
    Jun 21, 2007
    Loved the charge game, rest are so-so.
  13. JerryR.
    Feb 28, 2008
    The billiards are worth it alone. I wish Wii would come out with nothing but a variety of pool games with this format of play.
  14. brads
    Jan 24, 2009
    I expected it to be more like WIII Sports. Shooting and fishing are fun, but the tank game is boring.
  15. RichardH.
    Dec 28, 2006
    I don't know if its really fair reviewing wii play, you get it with an extra wiimote for an extra £5 afterall, so value for money its pretty hard to beat. The minigames themselves range from fun to really addictive, in one player they're good mostly just for practise or killing half an hour here or there, but in multiplayer you can have quite a bit more fun trying to beat I don't know if its really fair reviewing wii play, you get it with an extra wiimote for an extra £5 afterall, so value for money its pretty hard to beat. The minigames themselves range from fun to really addictive, in one player they're good mostly just for practise or killing half an hour here or there, but in multiplayer you can have quite a bit more fun trying to beat your friends. So yeah, its hard to say its a bad game when its not really a proper game, but at the same time you can't say its great either... I think a nice round 7 nicely represents it. Definitely get it though when/if you buy a new wiimote, its worth the extra fiver at any rate. Expand
  16. IvanV.
    Dec 8, 2006
    The reason I take off points is because this isn't really a game. It is more like training for use of the wii-mote and it serves its purpose well. At first I was very shaky with the pointer but after a few round of Wii play shooting everything feels smooth. A must buy for Wii owners seeing as it comes as little more than a few dollars with the wiimote.
  17. KyleW.
    Feb 26, 2007
    Wii play is a very fun game. Except half the games were downright dumb, the fishing give me a break.they could have made the fishing more realistic.and the whole pose your mii thing was stupid....id say its worth getting just for the three fun minigames. Billiards,table tennis, and laser hockey.
  18. Nov 26, 2010
    It's an improvement on Wii Sports, but that's not saying much. I only bought it for the extra Wii remote it comes with, otherwise this game was a complete waste of money.
  19. Apr 29, 2018
    Certainly not perfect but that doesn't mean that it's awful by any means. It's still fun but it feels like more of a tech demo than anything else. It doesn't feel like something I would buy for full price. Honestly a lot of the games are really stale and don't have much to offer, they don't seem like anything that really stands out or makes it worth it. Overall it's a fun game that ICertainly not perfect but that doesn't mean that it's awful by any means. It's still fun but it feels like more of a tech demo than anything else. It doesn't feel like something I would buy for full price. Honestly a lot of the games are really stale and don't have much to offer, they don't seem like anything that really stands out or makes it worth it. Overall it's a fun game that I wouldn't recommend anymore however Expand
  20. Jul 25, 2016
    Wii Play is bland and doesn't use motion controls and wiis to well. But those are MY opinions. The game is still fine but people praise it for being fun yes it IS fun but it is repetitive.
  21. Jul 15, 2021
    It's a party game, so it's not going to be my favorite type of game anyway, but this is a pretty good one. I'm probably somewhat nostalgic for this game, but it's still a good choice for Wii owners.
  22. Mar 26, 2017
    Play it for the Tank game and the Duck Hunt ripoff. Maybe the table tennis? Everything else is pretty boring. If it's cheap, it's worth trying out with a friend.
  23. Jun 2, 2017
    The games are good quality, but there is only nine minigames that have the exact gameplay again and again.Since this is from Nintendo, the game is smooth and polished, though it will only last 20 minutes to unlock all games and only an hour of you attached to the games.Overall the game is decent, though not a must have, no matter how good your 6-year-old thinks it is.
  24. Oct 6, 2018
    Good mini games with nice visuals, it’s not awesome, but it is fun, and that is all it needs to be.
  25. May 26, 2019
    It is bundled with a Wii remote so the purchase is definitely worth it, it's 30 dollars! That being said I really wouldn't recommend playing this without friends as it's just Wii Sports homo brother that is in the drug business. Compared to Wii Sports baseball, tennis and bowling, Wii Plays best modes are probably air hockey and the tank game. Also if you don't have friends stay far awayIt is bundled with a Wii remote so the purchase is definitely worth it, it's 30 dollars! That being said I really wouldn't recommend playing this without friends as it's just Wii Sports homo brother that is in the drug business. Compared to Wii Sports baseball, tennis and bowling, Wii Plays best modes are probably air hockey and the tank game. Also if you don't have friends stay far away from this game as alone it can be more boring than watching paint dry, I highly recommend playing with a friend. Expand
  26. Jul 17, 2019
    It's an ok game..I guess. Some of the games are good like Charge! and Tanks!, where other games just make me wanna rip my eyes out like Pose Mii, Table Tennis, and especially Find Mii. Overall, it's an ok game.
  27. Oct 14, 2019
    Wii Play is so underrated. I could play this for weeks and still want to continue. I personally find the Find Me and Air Hockey games so much fun. I don't really care that much for the fishing game. People trash this game way too much. While not as influential of a game as its others in the series, this game still brings loads of fun to the table.
  28. Mar 12, 2020
    Wii Play is a mediocre collection of 9 games, Ranging from the Simple but (somewhat) fun Find Mii, laser Hockey and Shooting Range. To the forgettable Table Tennis and the sluggish-feeling Charge!. Or the hard (and annoying) to control Fishing and Tanks!. As well as Billiards and the strangest game, Pose Mii. This package is fine, but not as good as a 6/10 game.
  29. Jan 30, 2021
  30. Apr 25, 2021
    Tanks, fishing, and shooting range are really enjoyable in this game. Just a neat minigame collection.
  31. May 20, 2021
    Its fun if your 6 or so but there is not much replay value once you play the games once you will never want to play them again

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#20 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

Mixed or average reviews - based on 41 Critic Reviews

1. By ordinary standards there's simply nothing here - bar Billiards - that offers anything worthy of more than a few minutes play. As an introduction to the Wii and its unique control scheme it just about works, but beyond that there's very little here to get excited about.
  2. Games Master UK
    Not really a game as such, but a capable if uninspired introduction to the wonders of Wii. [Christmas 2006, p.85]
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    All nine games are suprisingly addictive, and if you're planning on buying another Remote you really should go for this. [Christmas 2006, p.76]