7.2

1. EvanS.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Sure, it could have more stuff, better or more descriptive graphics, but let's get down to the basics. It plays music (to which you can add your own soundtracks, note) and you make pretty explosions to the music. Some people will enjoy this. Some people will not. I do. It makes me happy.
  2. DeSangreIIDX
    Oct 20, 2007
    As it stands now, E4 is a major disappointment. The endless mode is so easy that it's really only an exercise in endurance: you play till you want to, period. The so called GeoWars like "revenge mode" is borderline broken as well: just use the frontal shot and make left-right sweeps of the screen and youìll be fine for a VERY LONG TIME. Read: more than you're going to As it stands now, E4 is a major disappointment. The endless mode is so easy that it's really only an exercise in endurance: you play till you want to, period. The so called GeoWars like "revenge mode" is borderline broken as well: just use the frontal shot and make left-right sweeps of the screen and youìll be fine for a VERY LONG TIME. Read: more than you're going to want to play anyway. E4's only saving graces are the time limited modes and the online multiplayer battles which at least work. Anyway, I think that with a small patch the game could become easily a 7 or an 8, especially by balancing the endless mode. Some suggestions: Time capped at 1 minute instead of 3, time bonuses giving out 2 seconds in place of 5, implementing a life system based on timing (e.g. you don't lose a bomb when you hit the timing perfectly, and you earn a life when you hit the timing right 5 times, something like that.) Expand
  3. IanC.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Yuk yuk yuk, headache inducing, devoid of any retro-cool, horrible music... I can see how it might amuse on a portable device, but sitting in front of it in the living room when I could be dashing across Valhalla with a blue flag in my mits, nailing that difficult riff in GH2, or hurtling through Backstab for the umpteenth time in a humvee full of blood thirsty soldiers? Why on earth Yuk yuk yuk, headache inducing, devoid of any retro-cool, horrible music... I can see how it might amuse on a portable device, but sitting in front of it in the living room when I could be dashing across Valhalla with a blue flag in my mits, nailing that difficult riff in GH2, or hurtling through Backstab for the umpteenth time in a humvee full of blood thirsty soldiers? Why on earth would I choose Every Game is the Same Extreme(ly dull)? Expand
  4. Q
    Oct 19, 2007
    This version of Every Extend is a bit different then the PSP version (Every Extend Extra). You can no longer charge your blast, or do a remote detonation, but the game seems more refined without those options. Plus you do not face bosses. This version is about gathering quickens, multipliers, and time extends. The chains are much longer, which can often cause your game to end if it runs This version of Every Extend is a bit different then the PSP version (Every Extend Extra). You can no longer charge your blast, or do a remote detonation, but the game seems more refined without those options. Plus you do not face bosses. This version is about gathering quickens, multipliers, and time extends. The chains are much longer, which can often cause your game to end if it runs so long you don't respawn to pick up time extends. There is a certain zen to it not unlike tetris or lumines. And the music is good and consistent with the other Q Entertainment games. If you don't like it you play your own tracks and match the bpm to them. This game is absolutely worth the $10...unless you are an idiot who'd rather be dashing across Valhalla with a blue flag in your mits all day. Expand
  5. CharlesS.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Extremely Electrifying Entertaining Experience.
  6. Jarrodl.
    Oct 19, 2007
    A unique experience, even among its peers. If you remember the classic 'Rez' from a few years back, there are some similarities. I admit, it took a few minites to figure the game out, and the 'how to play' section never explains the power ups. But once in, its a unique shooter experience, whenre the challenge is balancing time, and explosion chains, and still getting A unique experience, even among its peers. If you remember the classic 'Rez' from a few years back, there are some similarities. I admit, it took a few minites to figure the game out, and the 'how to play' section never explains the power ups. But once in, its a unique shooter experience, whenre the challenge is balancing time, and explosion chains, and still getting multipliers for being 'on beat'. I would rather see something innovative and creative like this, than another 100 world war II games. a niche game yes, but a cool one. If your a fan of Rez, Lumines, or similar games, give this a chance. I lost 4 hours on it the first day, and got a score of 3 trillion. Expand
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    This is the worst Mizuguchi's game by far... The PSP version of this game is highly superior in all aspects as music, graphics, experience... If you're looking for an upgraded vesion of the original, this is not your game.
  8. RobM.
    Oct 25, 2007
    I wanted to like this game as it dares to be original - but - I simply can't. It's nothing more than merely "OK" as the gameplay is far too repetitive and dull. It isn't as trippy as people have made out either. "Space Giraffe" (which got an inexplicably low score on this site) is far more trippy and is simply a far better game.

A game that excites sections of the mind that other games leave untouched. For many, it will also sit on the edge of acceptable levels of initial confusion. The game is almost too unique and trippy for its own good, if that is even possible.
  2. And if the shield was gone and the enemies were fewer, and more varied, it could have been a lot like an actual videogame, with a difficulty curve, rather than a bewildering ascent up a six-foot cliff onto an endless plateau of tedium.
  3. Despite its relative simplicity, there's something pretty compelling about the gameplay. Regardless, what really makes E4 so entrancing is the presentation, which looks and sounds like a space rave that exploded in your Xbox 360.