7.8

1. Feb 27, 2013
    Two years after the original Gears of War Marcus Fenix and his oversized compatriots return to once again take on the Locust horde. Rarely straying far from its predecessor's template everything in this sequel is bigger and louder than before from the explosive set-pieces to the magnitude of the foes. Level design is also improved with every area providing just enough cover to be able toTwo years after the original Gears of War Marcus Fenix and his oversized compatriots return to once again take on the Locust horde. Rarely straying far from its predecessor's template everything in this sequel is bigger and louder than before from the explosive set-pieces to the magnitude of the foes. Level design is also improved with every area providing just enough cover to be able to advance on the enemy whilst getting caught out in the open remains a sure way to get yourself quickly killed. Co-op mode is again available and, as is often the case, the game is better when played with a friend either over Xbox Live or via split screen.

On a negative note the games narrative is again slightly formulaic and those that disliked the, admittedly rather one note gameplay, of first game will find little to change their minds. Those that are simply after an adrenaline fuelled shooter however will not be disappointed.
  2. Jul 21, 2012
    Despite somewhat repetitve gameplay, multiplayer imbalance and other flaws, overall game is good. The game idea itself is really good. I'm really looking forward to Gears of War 3 and hope it will be better in terms of polish, stability and balance.
  3. May 25, 2015
    Clearly, a lot of money was spent on Gears of War 2. The production values are through the roof. Most everything is well made. Sadly, the core narrative - the thing the developers spent a great deal of time talking up - is essentially garbage, and the reverence the game expects us to show its melodrama proves a constant irritant. Go in with measured expectations.
  4. Jan 9, 2013
    Gears of war 2 is one the longest and most massive campaigns I have ever played. There is just something about being in a large scale assault against flesh eating monsters with guns that brings out your need to kill in gruesome ways. The 8-10 hour long campaign never gives you time breathe as you shoot, explode, and saw your way through the Locust stronghold. The third person gameplay isGears of war 2 is one the longest and most massive campaigns I have ever played. There is just something about being in a large scale assault against flesh eating monsters with guns that brings out your need to kill in gruesome ways. The 8-10 hour long campaign never gives you time breathe as you shoot, explode, and saw your way through the Locust stronghold. The third person gameplay is fun with easy controls. Filled with returning Gears 1 characters and new bosses makes this game one of my favorites. Expand
  5. Aug 3, 2013
    La accion, los personajes, la trama, la traduccion al español de 10, los mapas estan de poca, un juego muy completo, fallo en el componente multijugador online pero no es para bajarle calificacion, me brindo años de diversion..hominidos..se fue!! jajaja
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    Six months after the Lightmass bombing and humanity is still fighting for control of Sera against the Locust Horde. Though close to defeat the Locust have a secret weapon, one that is sinking the last bastions of humanity one by one. It is up to Marcus, Dom, Cole Baird to reunite as Delta Squad to go deep into the underground Locust cities to find this weapon and destroy it, so thatSix months after the Lightmass bombing and humanity is still fighting for control of Sera against the Locust Horde. Though close to defeat the Locust have a secret weapon, one that is sinking the last bastions of humanity one by one. It is up to Marcus, Dom, Cole Baird to reunite as Delta Squad to go deep into the underground Locust cities to find this weapon and destroy it, so that humanity can be one step closer to being at peace on Sera once again.
    Gears of war 2 takes all of the great gameplay that makes Gears, Gears. However the story is no-where near as strong as last time round and the level design for the Locust cities are just ugly and horrible. GoW2 is still one of the best exclusives for the 360, but its not as good as its predecessor.
  7. Jun 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is like having your cake and eating it, too. From the very moment you're training the rook to the end game battle with the Lambent Brumak, the game is very rewarding. A rich story that doesn't interfere with the carnage, the optional gore and language filters that ensure even younger gamers can enjoy the game, and top it off with a variety of challenging enemies, the game is nearly perfect. However, the AI is quite stupid sometimes. A few times, as I was dying, my stupid AI partner, Dom, walked past me ten times at least, and never revived me, as was intended. Nevertheless, don't let that change the perspective of the game. This game is very good, and I recommend it to anyone who loves shooters and action games. Expand
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    Awesome action, new guns, better graphics, Brumak rodeo, more enemies. This is what every fan or lover of shooter games was expecting. But talking about animations (not the CGs), they could be more natural and less robotic, and your character could carry that Mulcher you were carrying in that scene, and not the Lancer...Just making my point.
  9. Oct 27, 2016
    One thing is certain, Gears of War 2, managed to surpass its predecessor with great mastery. The plot has improved, became more dramatic, leading even to breathe in '' The Lord of the Rings '' (There are certain scenes from the games with some similarities to films) Your gameplay became more insane, the action is more frantic than ever and very surreal. Gears 2, back light improvements ofOne thing is certain, Gears of War 2, managed to surpass its predecessor with great mastery. The plot has improved, became more dramatic, leading even to breathe in '' The Lord of the Rings '' (There are certain scenes from the games with some similarities to films) Your gameplay became more insane, the action is more frantic than ever and very surreal. Gears 2, back light improvements of all that was in the first, and offers us more a great high-level action game. Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2012
    This game had great ideas such as horde, meat shield, guardian, etc. the maps were good the weapons were good. The bad thing is the servers, if this game had better servers, it would no doubt be at least an 8.
  11. Jun 25, 2013
    It might not be as exceptionally memorable as its predecessor, but Epic Games's follow-up still delivers all the action, characters, and violence that gamers warmly embrace.
  12. Feb 9, 2013
    This is one of the most visually impressive games on xbox that just isn't fun to play. High production value and all but I just didn't find it entertaining at all. Gears of War 1 was a better pick up. I'm actually playing through it now and they really did some of the strategy of fighting better as well as story.
  13. Jan 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game together with Bulletstorm from a used game store a few days ago, paid £4 for it and i think that is was too much. I played it after Bulletstorm so maybe because i had that fresh in my mind (but i had highly doubt it) i didn't enjoy playing this at all. Bulletstorm was fun and entertaining, i laughed and shot stuff and i had a good time, but with Gears of War 2 i hadn't done any of that. I am about 2 hours into the single player campaign and i really don't think i will even play it again. I got cutscenes every 5 minutes, i barely shot anything (can you even get headshots in this game?) because for some reason the enemies were moving everywhere for no reason, mainly towards my and my squads position so my dumb squad mates jumped in front of my bullets. How dumb can you get? I got lost every time i started a mission because i didn't know in what direction i should go. Story ... i am not sure there is one. They are at war with some monsters but nobody actually explained to me what the goal of the game was. Defeat the monsters forever? Give the humans an upper hand in the war? I don't think the point is to kill as many monsters as you can because there is a pretty small number of enemies in a shootout which i couldn't even kill properly because they kept moving in every direction possible at crazy speeds walking in some angles that i don't are even possible if you actually have bones in your body. So ... what is the point? What is my main mission? You go underground and ...? Graphics and sound are ok, as good as you can expect from the Unreal Engine but the feel and the story i should be getting from an action game are not there. I am not an action game fan, this is about the third or fourth action game i played, including the first Gears of War, which i enjoyed, even if it was too short, so i am not looking at some masterpiece of a game, i play action games to shoot some stuff, have fun and shut my brain down for a while i am sorry to say Gears of War 2 doesn't deliver at all. Everything just falls flat! Expand
  14. May 10, 2013
    A quite good 3rd person shooter game with a little bit over average story-telling and voice acting. The game is fun to play on insanity with co-op. I don't want to overrate this game, it is a solid 7, but I do think this game is unique out there and can be addictive.
  15. Apr 23, 2013
    Let's face it, the big appeal of the original Gears was the massive multiplayer carnage. Irrespective of the notable 'host advantage', I think it was (and remains) a success.

After nailing the new campaign on the 'normal' level within 8 to 10 hours (it was too easy and that's coming from someone who is rubbish at shooter games) I was looking forward to some new arenas and new features in the Gears 2 multiplayer environment.

Whatever the thinking was behind the new party format, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. After 3 weeks of owning Gears 2 I have played just 1 public match. And the only reason I got into that match was because some USA based guys I met in the original Gears had a party lobby already set up.

For me, this is the letdown of 2008. The multiplayer potential is vast but being able to access it is a near impossibility unless you can easily gather a group of 5 friends in your lobby.

Whether EPIC or Microsoft are able to offer a patch to improve the multiplayer environment is a big question. Fingers crossed that something can be done.

Were it up to scratch then Gears 2 would be worthy of 4 stars or more. Since the multiplayer is such a mess and the campaign is so short, 2 is all I can give. Shame.

16. Mar 26, 2014
    This game had so many issues that I have to give it a 5,
    Horde being the only thing to save it.

Some great ideas, as always from Epic, but no finesse.
  17. May 29, 2013
    This is a sequel that every Gears fan should play from start to finish! The campaign is great, especially with co-op and the MP is fun! Gears of War 2, in my opinion, is the best in the series!
  18. May 30, 2013
    A wonderful followup to an already great game. The campaign is still awesome and draws me in every time. They added Horde which allows you to fight against wave after wave of Locust infantry alone or with 4 of your bro's. Multiplayer is once again not user friendly, but is very enjoyable. Gears 2 is worth your money and will bring you a great many hours of fun.
  19. Jun 3, 2013
    This is the game that started it all when it comes to horde mode. My friends and I spent countless hours playing it, seeing how long we could last. It was also innovative with its huge set pieces and interesting story. Everything was better than the first and set up a near-perfect series finale.
  20. Dec 6, 2013
    nfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffnfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffjnfjdsbfjkdfbdsjkfbjdbfjdbjbfjdbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Expand
  21. Mar 16, 2018
    Сиквел получился менее камерным, битвы обрели масштаб, в сюжет добавили драмы, вышло отлично.
  22. Sep 13, 2013
    For its gameplay, graphics, campaign, epic moments, further improvements with respect to the first, a great leap in the series undoubtedly, is a real gem.
  23. Sep 9, 2013
    A very good sequel that changes and adds things in to make it feel like a fresh new experience, I recommend this game to anyone that owns an Xbox 360.
  24. Apr 11, 2016
    This is a worthy sequel to a great game. The single player has more action and explosions, though the story is still about a bunch of space marines being badasses. Who cares? The point is to shoot stuff, and in that approach, it's a great experience that has tight controls and rewarding combat.
  25. Jan 10, 2014
    mejores graficos, mejor jugabilidad, mejor sonido y un mejor multijugador que el videojuego anterior un gears of war que demuestra su actual progreso en xbox 360 y el mejor gears of war
  26. Jan 6, 2014
    in my opinion the best third person shooter on the x-box 360 even better then the other 3 games if you have not played this game yet pick it up great shooting action long campaign collectibles horde mode is quite fun also and the limited edition comes with the golden lancer witch looks awesome unlike the one from gears of war 3 the achievements will keep you coming back for morein my opinion the best third person shooter on the x-box 360 even better then the other 3 games if you have not played this game yet pick it up great shooting action long campaign collectibles horde mode is quite fun also and the limited edition comes with the golden lancer witch looks awesome unlike the one from gears of war 3 the achievements will keep you coming back for more so much replay value 1750G Expand
  27. Aug 2, 2015
    That's f**cking crane stage is totally broken. can't get pass it, even with all guides. And that useless Dom... whole act he is just sitting somewhere. So i'm going to watch the ending on youtube.
  28. Jan 18, 2014
    The definition of a cash cow, nothing has been improved in terms of gameplay and the story is so full of **** you would think you were playing a farm simulator but then you realise you would be having more fun. The pointless and unexplained level within a worm is the biggest load of **** I have ever played through, this game nearly became so bad it was good like an old episode of Star TrekThe definition of a cash cow, nothing has been improved in terms of gameplay and the story is so full of **** you would think you were playing a farm simulator but then you realise you would be having more fun. The pointless and unexplained level within a worm is the biggest load of **** I have ever played through, this game nearly became so bad it was good like an old episode of Star Trek where they take on a rock with a smoke machine behind it but it was just so boring and a grind to play through and I wouldn't have touched it if I wasn't skint and had nothing to play..........and had a friend that hated me so much he offered to lend the game. Expand
  29. Jan 20, 2014
    When I think of what I love about GoW... This is the game I think of. It took everything from Gears of War (1) and made it better. The single player is decent, but this game ought to be purchased for the multiplayer.. That is where it's real value lies. Expect frustration at first... The multiplayer is very difficult to a newcomer. Don't expect an experience anything like CoD. This game isWhen I think of what I love about GoW... This is the game I think of. It took everything from Gears of War (1) and made it better. The single player is decent, but this game ought to be purchased for the multiplayer.. That is where it's real value lies. Expect frustration at first... The multiplayer is very difficult to a newcomer. Don't expect an experience anything like CoD. This game is like the anti-CoD. When you die, you sit until the next round. You don't have an endless combination of guns, perks, or anything that could give a player a disproportionate advantage. This is a raw gaming experience that I only recommend to people that understand the quote "Everything worth doing is worth doing badly". The multiplayer experience is infinitely rewarding, but is not for the casual gamer (go back to CoD). Expand
  30. Dec 10, 2014
    More guns, more gore, what else could someone want? The story is also great and has some emotional moments that almost made me tear up.

Verdict:
    A great game with emotional moments
  31. Feb 4, 2019
    Empolgante, mantém um bom ritmo de gameplay e desafiador na medida certa. Sem duvida uma referencia no seu gênero!
  32. Sep 10, 2015
    After playing through and completing the campaign I am absolutely stunned. The games looks beautiful and play beautifully too. The story offered more than thought and blew me away. Some bugs are still appearing but that doesn't hinder the fact that it is one of the bext games out on Xbox 360. Multiplayer is enhanced although needs ironing out in places. Stupid amounts of fun can be hadAfter playing through and completing the campaign I am absolutely stunned. The games looks beautiful and play beautifully too. The story offered more than thought and blew me away. Some bugs are still appearing but that doesn't hinder the fact that it is one of the bext games out on Xbox 360. Multiplayer is enhanced although needs ironing out in places. Stupid amounts of fun can be had with mates and Horde is another stunning co-op inventive feature. A superb game, any fans of shooters, good MP games or gore should get this. Expand
  33. Feb 12, 2017
    The sequel to one of the most popular new IP of the console was obviously very expected, did they improve the formula or just re hash the same game ?

Technically Epic continued to push forward the boundaries of the 360 hardware with astonishing visuals for the time, it runs flawlessly and impress you as soon as they got a chance. The art direction is more varied than the first game and some of the boss are very inspired.

Concerning the gameplay the TPS formula is better executed and the game will offer a great variety of situations so that you'll never fall in some routine. The cinematic realisation is also a great "Waho" factor that will rhythm your playthrough in the most positive way. The only bad thing is that even in the hardest difficulty the game is not challenging.

The story is way more detailed than in the first game which is very good, I finally care about Marcus and the gang they stopped being just random badasses (for the most part), the global story is also more incentive and now I do care about winning the fight against the locust, and also I want to have the answers to some questions raised by this opus. The game is still predictable but still huge improvement in this section. Shamefully the campaign is still way too short (5-6 hours) and it's not with the very rare online activity that you will find today that you may prolonged the experience.

In conclusion Gears of War 2 is better in every department than the first game, the predictable story and very short length are the only things in the way of perfection, still for the handful of $/€ it cost today it would be an error to not play it if you like the action genre.
  34. Nov 15, 2017
    Gears 2 accomplishes what a true sequel should. More guns, more characters, best story in the series, better graphics and better gameplay, though Gears 3 steals the crown in that department. One of the best 360 games on the market, and one of the best games of 2008.
  35. May 15, 2015
    I was excited in every mission wondering what will happen next with an amazing soundtrack which just pumped me up but it was a disappointing ending, but a good squel!
  36. May 24, 2015
    I'm not sure why this game has a lower user score than the original, except maybe because it's not the original. I personally enjoyed this game more. I bought it when it was on a digital sale six months after playing the first GoW game. At first, I felt like the campaign was the same old thing but it quickly got better. Not only are there more guns (and more guns=more fun) but the sale ofI'm not sure why this game has a lower user score than the original, except maybe because it's not the original. I personally enjoyed this game more. I bought it when it was on a digital sale six months after playing the first GoW game. At first, I felt like the campaign was the same old thing but it quickly got better. Not only are there more guns (and more guns=more fun) but the sale of battles can get pretty immense. You'll ride on the back of massive locust creatures and gun down dozens of enemies. You'll rain mortars down on your foes. You'll travel to a hellish city udnderground. On top of the epic campaign is the multiplayer which is just as good as last time, but again not the reason to buy this game. GoW2 features an all-new co-op mode (it was all-new, I mean), which adds to the fun! I'd give GoW an 8.0/10 and I'd give this great sequel an 8.5/10. And one last comment: the story is better this time around, with more reason to care about the characters. Expand
  37. Dec 27, 2015
    They have taken the second rennovation of Gears of Wars and was also very exciting, and captivating play for many hours to stay with square eyes glued to the screen.
  38. May 15, 2018
    Just like the first game, this game has a fun game-play that kept me invested for a while. But it had an uninteresting story and it eventually got dull.
  39. Sep 29, 2015
    This game has one of the most tear-jerking stories I've ever had the joy of playing, possibly because i read the follow up book(Aspho Fields, You should buy it, great read) but anyway the story has depth equal to the last of us and the arkham series. Definitely a worthy sequel to Gears 1 as it packs in the action and brilliant character development as well as marvelous universe building.This game has one of the most tear-jerking stories I've ever had the joy of playing, possibly because i read the follow up book(Aspho Fields, You should buy it, great read) but anyway the story has depth equal to the last of us and the arkham series. Definitely a worthy sequel to Gears 1 as it packs in the action and brilliant character development as well as marvelous universe building. Gears 2 also has an added horde mode which is a game mode where you face an onslaught of constantly changing enemies and challenges, the first of its kind but sadly most games nowadays have copied it so it's not as groundbreaking as it once was. 10/10 definitely worth a buy. Expand
  40. Dec 2, 2015
    Much improved from Gears 1. Plays smoothly and the visuals look great for 360. The singleplayer is what you expect, gory exciting third person action with a simple plot, which is what Gears should be.

The multiplayer is some of the most fun I've ever played. It's essential you get a group of friends or communicate with your team to succeed online. Few games offer such strategy and deep thinking as well as high level of skill into it's online multiplayer. With only 1 life in each round, you really have to think and strategize with your team to determine how to control certain areas of the map, how to obtain power weapons, and who should defend what location, attack the enemy with what and from where.

Some of my best video gaming memories come from playing Gears 2 all night with my friends during the summer, and it's hard to find a game that offers this much satisfaction in multiplayer.
  41. Feb 23, 2016
    Just like with the Gears of war 1 and 3 . I have played through this campaign about 100 times and it is still not old , because its Gears of war . I will always love Gears of war for being Gears of war . Brilliant story line with some improvements over the already excellent predecessor . a Good idea to add bots to the muliplayer as this has pulled me to the mulitplayer side as well whereJust like with the Gears of war 1 and 3 . I have played through this campaign about 100 times and it is still not old , because its Gears of war . I will always love Gears of war for being Gears of war . Brilliant story line with some improvements over the already excellent predecessor . a Good idea to add bots to the muliplayer as this has pulled me to the mulitplayer side as well where with Gears 1 , I only played campaign . The horde mode is excellent but the ammo is scarce if you are more than 2 players as each map only has 2 ammo boxes that take forever to respawn . Nevertheless , this is a fantastic game Expand
  42. Apr 8, 2016
    This is very very good game . One of best actions on Xbox 360 and very interesting game . This is exclusive game for Xbox 360 and this game one of best Xbox 360 exclusives . Normal graphics , awesome gameplay , amazing storyline . Very good game . 9/10 .
  43. Mar 24, 2016
    The highlight of the Gears of War series, GOW 2 picks up and improves on the first instalment of the franchise by adding in four-player co-op for you and 3 friends to play, but if you're going solo then there is a hugely enjoyable campaign with some ridiculous boss fights, and all the blood and gore of the original.

Though some aspects of the story may be forgotten or lost in the

Though some aspects of the story may be forgotten or lost in the shuffle, the main characters are once again some of the finest characters in video games, from the gritty realistic versions of Mario and Luigi in Marcus and Dom, to the unforgettable Cole Train and the sarcastic Baird. The addition and improvement of the multiplayer is also a welcome addition, and everything about Gears of War 2 shows off everything that gaming can do, in fantastic fashion.
  44. Aug 2, 2017
    The start of the game felt awesome. I thought I would give it 10/10. But I am stuck at 3/4 game and it got too frustrating that I cannot complete it. There was a stupidly designed boss fight that took me 3 days to kill. Just after him game followed with another bad section. Game does not tell you how to survive and solve some situations. Several times it was necessary for me to watchThe start of the game felt awesome. I thought I would give it 10/10. But I am stuck at 3/4 game and it got too frustrating that I cannot complete it. There was a stupidly designed boss fight that took me 3 days to kill. Just after him game followed with another bad section. Game does not tell you how to survive and solve some situations. Several times it was necessary for me to watch video guides in order to proceed in game. Now I don't want to start the game all over on low difficulty only because some fights are badly designed. There is a difference between a good challenging game and a stupid one. Expand
  45. Mar 23, 2018
    Como definir uma franquia no mercado,é assim que a Epic Games fez Gears of war de algo grande,para algo majestoso.
    Gears of war 1 em 2006 fez História,sim isso todos sabemos,agora como a Epic Games e Microsoft poderiam melhorar algo que já era acima da média?
    -Criando mais uma mecânica Revolucionaria. Gears of war,sem duvidas foi o jogo que definiu o TPS,não demorou muito tempo para
    -Criando mais uma mecânica Revolucionaria.
    Gears of war,sem duvidas foi o jogo que definiu o TPS,não demorou muito tempo para dezenas de jogos se inspirarem e outras centenas copiarem,Gears of war deixava de ser único,então que Gears of War 2 chegou ensinando como se fazer um TPS,novamente.
    Wallbounce:Essa era a mecânica da vez,não era algo para os outros se espelharem,e sim algo para definir oque é Gears of war,se consistia em movimentos de Cover que deixavam a fluidez aparente,você poderia se mover pelas paredes sem limitações,aos olhos dos casuais pode parecer algo simples,mas aos olhos dos jogadores do MP era uma nova era,foi nesse momento que definiu oque era Gears,e o porque era uma franquia eterna;
    Campanha:Ao contrario do jogo anterior,o LORE de Gears of war foi as nuvens,uma complexa história,momentos marcantes,diálogos épicos,isso aliado ao Gameplay que definiu padrãos=Obra prima;Agora o foco não era ordens dos superiores, e sim,dos personagens principais,DOM,Luta pela procura de sua amada esposa,na qual se desenrola por toda a campanha,onde é protagonizado uma das cenas mais emocionantes de toda a SAGA,ao contrario do primeiro jogo,os personagens não morrem apenas para forçar GORE na tela,tem um objetivo claro por parte dos desenvolvedores,a história ainda segue o esquema de narrativa "Ordens superiores" mais ao contrario do Primeiro jogo,esse não é o foco completo da jornada,já que nós jogadores se importamos mais "com oque esta acontecendo/oque aconteceu" do que "oque vai acontecer" não é simplesmente um objetivo durante toda a campanha,tudo flui muito bem,e você se deixa levar pela narrativa e motivações dos personagens,Como no primeiro jogo,o clima de Guerra é maquiada com personagens como Cole e Baird,que traz momentos mais extravagantes quebrando o clima sério(e isso é bom).
    Em aspectos técnicos o jogo foi a outro patamar,trazendo mais vida aos cenários,texturas mais realistas e iluminação dinâmica.
    O Lore é levado a outro nível da mesma forma,momentos misteriosos sobre o passado que dão brechas a teorias,tudo é contada de uma forma muito sólida.
    A campanha de Gears of war 2 sem dúvidas foi um grande avanço,tanto de história,Level design que agora é menos linear e além de adicionar muitas novas armas para destruir as novas ameaças da horda,aqui vão algumas adições:
    Armas:
    Pistola Gorgan:Pistola automática,porém não muito precisa.
    Mulcher:Minigun
    Boom Shield:Escudo que os Boomers usam com-
    Marretas:*
    Schorcher:Lança Chamas
    Granada de ink:Granada feita de nemacyst*
    Morteiro:*
    Inimigos:
    Tickers:Pequenas Criaturas que carregam em suas costas tanques explosivos,que ao chegar perto de um COG explode.Morrem facilmente.
    KANTUS:Um "gafanhoto" alto e magro que lança granadas de ink e carrega uma pistola Gorgon*. Eles são muito hábeis em desviar de tiros e ter uma grande quantidade de saúde, tornando-os difíceis de derrubar,Além de curar os membros da Horda,são uma espécie pré-histórica locust,acordada de seu sono milenar depois dos eventos de Gears of war 1.
    BLOODMOUNT:Criaturas rápidas de duas pernas que são usadas como montarias por alguns granadeiros. Bloodmounts são muito perigosos de perto, pois eles podem causar uma quantidade considerável de dano. Acertar a Bloodmount com tiros rápidos fará com que ela fique atordoada, é possivel derrubando o piloto no chão. Você deve matar o cavaleiro e o Bloodmount separadamente.
    Bosses:Skorge e Myrrah(Aparece apenas em Cutscenes)
    *Todos os outros Inimigos e armas presentes em Gears of war 1 continuam nessa sequencia*
    O level Design ficou ainda melhor com adição desses inimigos,que faz que Gears of war não torne sua experiencia genérica.
    O MP mantém sua formula e adiciona o Wallbounce*,assim trazendo a cena competitiva ao jogo,e sendo único em meio a tantos jogos.
    Novos mapas,modos de jogo trouxeram uma cara nova ao competitivo.
    Horda:Esse é o novo modo adicionado ao jogo,que traz 50 ondas da Horda locust aos mapas MP,você e outros 4 jogadores lutam em ondas de dificuldade crescente até o final,com 1 Boss a cada 10 ondas.
    Gears of war não só trouxe a sequencia do jogo mais revolucionário da 7ª Geração,mas marcou seu território na industria sendo um dos poucos jogos com mecânicas originais até hoje.
    MASTER-PIECE
  46. Sep 8, 2018
    I have just recently completed Gears of War, the first one and my goal is to play all of the Gears of War franchise. This is just the 2nd one and I will keep continuing to play them all. Gears of War 2 feels like a much better game than the original. It also feels much easier, it seems like they knocked down the difficulty settings quite a bit. Personally I kind of liked it though becauseI have just recently completed Gears of War, the first one and my goal is to play all of the Gears of War franchise. This is just the 2nd one and I will keep continuing to play them all. Gears of War 2 feels like a much better game than the original. It also feels much easier, it seems like they knocked down the difficulty settings quite a bit. Personally I kind of liked it though because it allowed me to play the game as a little bit more of a run and gun rather than the cover shooter that its suppose to be.

I enjoy a fun shooter campaign and the Gears franchise seems to be a well-made shooter campaign. I am having a fantastic time with the franchise. As I’m playing these games, I can’t help but appreciate what Gears have done for the Genre. Who knows without Gears, there may not have been Uncharted or if there was. It may not have been as good.

The game itself has aged very well. The shooting works great, honestly, for an Xbox 360 game, I was impressed with how it looked. Sure its a dark and grimy game but it still looks good. I thought the first Gears game aged well and I think this game is even better. The Gears can be picked up for cheap and I highly recommend it.
  47. Jul 7, 2019
    Gears of War 2 - one of the best exclusives of Xbox 360 and Microsoft in general. Having played a game in 2019 I can hardly believe that it left 11 years ago. Not many games can give such balanced action travel today. The 2nd part is also the indicative sequel, Gears of War 2 as the sequel likely only of Uncharted 2 is better. Yes a game looks good on Xbox One X, but after all there is aGears of War 2 - one of the best exclusives of Xbox 360 and Microsoft in general. Having played a game in 2019 I can hardly believe that it left 11 years ago. Not many games can give such balanced action travel today. The 2nd part is also the indicative sequel, Gears of War 2 as the sequel likely only of Uncharted 2 is better. Yes a game looks good on Xbox One X, but after all there is a wish for a full-fledged remaster as with the first part. The plot of a game became deeper. A gameplay in general of 10 of 10, an action from 3 persons I did not see so big variety in genre games long ago. On an equal basis with Halo the Gears of War series is the main exclusive of Microsoft for many years. Expand
  48. Nov 24, 2016
    One of the best games on 360. Probably one of the main reasons I bought the console. The story is amazing, the visuals look beautiful to this day, the gameplay is addicting. Probably the best Gears game to date.
  49. Apr 11, 2018
    La suite des gros bourrins qui tirent sur des monstres moyens, **** et gros... et énormes aussi, car plus c'est gros, mieux c'est à ce qu'il paraît. Je lui ferai les mêmes reproches que pour le premier : une maniabilité lente et perfectible, la désagréable impression de diriger un éléphant dans un couloir, l'imprécision générale à la manette et la caméra au ras du sol lorsqu'on courtLa suite des gros bourrins qui tirent sur des monstres moyens, **** et gros... et énormes aussi, car plus c'est gros, mieux c'est à ce qu'il paraît. Je lui ferai les mêmes reproches que pour le premier : une maniabilité lente et perfectible, la désagréable impression de diriger un éléphant dans un couloir, l'imprécision générale à la manette et la caméra au ras du sol lorsqu'on court (c'est vraiment complètement con, ça).

Sinon, encore plus de scripts, d'évènements scriptés qui réclament une action rapide et spécifique du joueur (le QTE n'est pas loin, sans doute) afin de zigouiller tel énorme monstre comme l'ont prévu les développeurs. Et si t'obéis pas, bah tu crèves et tu recommences. On peut critiquer nombre de jeux en monde ouvert mais en général, on résoud une baston comme on l'entend, pas comme c'est obligatoirement prévu dans le script du jeu-couloir téléguidé.

Alors bien sûr, le grand spectacle est présent, indubitablement, la VF est drôle (hommage aux films de série B) et le jeu est beau et même encore plus beau sur la X puisque désormais en 4K via le programme de rétrocompatibilité Enhanced.

Mais que c'est balourd, dirigiste et lourdingue ! rien que le coup du rechargement des armes millimétré, ça aussi, c'est complètement con. Bref, on ne s'amuse pas du tout dans ce jeu aux principes rigides et dépassés.
  50. May 30, 2018
    Que bien se siente que la secuela supere a la primera entrega, quedo impresionado por el gran trabajo que han hecho para este juegazo, historia, jugabilidad, muy buen MP y una dedicación al juego que se nota por completo, gracias por esta gran secuela, sin duda uno de mis juegos favoritos.
  51. Jun 20, 2017
    Gears of War 2 took everything that made the first game good and improved on it in almost every way, but there is some caveats to be shown that hold it back from greatness. The first improvement is a better campaign with a story that is far better told even though it doesn't answer questions that I think it should explain in order to not have books and comics fill those gaps. The emotionalGears of War 2 took everything that made the first game good and improved on it in almost every way, but there is some caveats to be shown that hold it back from greatness. The first improvement is a better campaign with a story that is far better told even though it doesn't answer questions that I think it should explain in order to not have books and comics fill those gaps. The emotional moment of Dominic and his wife Maria is still one of the most powerful moments in the series and I do generally love (and cry) when he shoots her out of mercy. The moment to moment events (like the giant worm to the razorhail rain) are improved to provide variety and challenge that isn't complex, but still interesting that it's more grounded than say Uncharted with the way it uses puzzles. The new enemies on top of old and the addition of new executions make the experience far better than previously and it feels so good to decapitate a Locust grunt still with the Torque Bow.

The multiplayer improves initially but then becomes almost disastrous after the last patches went in. It uses the same setup of modes and mechanics like the campaign (just with a choice now to equip one of the two main assault rifles). The game uses P2P but the connection (prior to the major patches) were stable and better than the first game. Unfortunately, just like the first game did, the major sweep of patches over certain guns not only change the multiplayer, but also the entire experience in every other avenue of the game. It becomes very inconsistent and the toxic nature of players reached a new low, turning off potential players for the series. To some, it was still the best multiplayer of the series. For me, it was no different than the first with a bigger sin of allowing bots in the matches and have absurd amounts of accuracy and network glitching that sometimes made them more powerful than decent players, ruining matches if a person lagged out or left for the bot to take their place.

Horde mode is a cool concept but very half-baked on execution (which would be fully realized by 3). You go through 50 waves of enemies and use whatever you scavenge to survive each wave as enemies increase in numbers and modifiers. Scale that with difficulty and the need for team members to contribute becomes a main prerogative. Unfortunately, it makes enemies far too strong in later waves and can cause frustration when players wipe and come back in without the weapons they scavenge to survive.

Despite the issues, Gears 2 still proved to be a better game to come out of Gears and it's what truly set it on the map for greatness. If the sequel could improve on it even more, than there's no doubt it will be solidified as a great game. And that is what happens for Gears of War 3.
  52. Jul 3, 2017
    It is one of the best game on xbox 360, the reason why you wanna buy this console. Good graphics despite many years since release, interesting story and i think it should be the last one from gears of war. 3rd part is like reheated pork, get easy money from fans.
  53. Sep 10, 2017
    Es un juego muy bueno con gráficos avanzados para esos años, el sistema de apuntado me gusta igual que los sonidos, los jefes no son gran cosa pero tampoco son malos, la historia tampoco me cautivo mucho, las mecánicas están muy bien hechas pero lo importante del juego es que es divertido y entretenido que al fin y al cabo es lo importante.
    Si te gustan los juegos de disparos lo recomiendo.
  54. Jul 6, 2017
    Mantiene la formula ganadora original, pero la historia decae aún más. En compensación, el multijugador es retocado en un sentido positivo. Horas de diversión sin parar.
  55. Jul 31, 2018
    "Gears of War 2" is one of the best video game sequels ever made. An improvement over the original, it's a great title that ranks up with "Modern Warfare 2", "Uncharted 2" and "Halo 2". Story and character development are secondary to the exhilarating action. It's one of those cases where bigger really is better. Both the campaign and multiplayer were expanded upon and improved. This is"Gears of War 2" is one of the best video game sequels ever made. An improvement over the original, it's a great title that ranks up with "Modern Warfare 2", "Uncharted 2" and "Halo 2". Story and character development are secondary to the exhilarating action. It's one of those cases where bigger really is better. Both the campaign and multiplayer were expanded upon and improved. This is arguably the best installment in the series. It's a true action classic that I would rate it with a 9.5 out of 10. Expand
  56. Aug 30, 2017
    Perhaps GoW has suffered from the passage of time. Performance in this game is TERRIBLE. It seems that video has priority over game controller... sometimes I press the weapon trigger and it doesn't respond at ALL until the enemy has moved into my kill zone. Enemies who move closer than ten or twenty feet? Forget it. You're toast. Time delays for interactive response come in severalPerhaps GoW has suffered from the passage of time. Performance in this game is TERRIBLE. It seems that video has priority over game controller... sometimes I press the weapon trigger and it doesn't respond at ALL until the enemy has moved into my kill zone. Enemies who move closer than ten or twenty feet? Forget it. You're toast. Time delays for interactive response come in several seconds' duration when they should be less than 0.1 seconds. The story is great, the video is good, but the performance is unsatisfactory. Expand
  57. Oct 3, 2018
    Ao meu ver tem a melhor campanha dos 4 games lançados, e um grande jogo como todos da franquia e pra mim consegue ser disparado um dos melhores jogos do Xbox 360 no Geral.
  58. Jan 3, 2018
    Keyif = 8
    Atmosfer = 8
    Süre = 8
  59. Jan 15, 2018
    Jogo muito bom, quando começa a jogar fica viciante! O sistema de combate é muito gratificante e a dificuldade é no ponto certo!
  60. Jan 22, 2018
    Gráficamente muy bueno, situaciones variadas en la historia, acción muy buena, le faltan variedad en las armas y aventura co-op muy recomendable. El online también era bastante decente.
  61. Sep 11, 2019
    This game is god !!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!¡!!!!;!!;;;;;;
  62. Apr 16, 2018
    development team did a fantastic job adopting the Gears of War series fantactic.
  63. Jul 7, 2018
    Gears of War 2 has a lot in common with its predecessor, but the new environments, darker storyline, and epic scale certainly have a lot to offer fans. The new weapons, melee attacks, and co-op options make for a campaign that you'll want to complete a number of times, and the new multiplayer modes give the game variety and longevity. Simply put, Gears of War 2 is a superior shooter thatGears of War 2 has a lot in common with its predecessor, but the new environments, darker storyline, and epic scale certainly have a lot to offer fans. The new weapons, melee attacks, and co-op options make for a campaign that you'll want to complete a number of times, and the new multiplayer modes give the game variety and longevity. Simply put, Gears of War 2 is a superior shooter that no action fan will want to miss out on. Expand
  64. Nov 19, 2018
    Gears of War 2 takes what Gears of War did amazingly and manages to do it even better. Without taking into account the obvious graphical superiority in comparison to its predecessor, everything, from the level design and the gameplay mechanics, to the story and character development, excels the quality achieved in the first installment of the Gears of War franchise.

The level design in

The level design in Gears of War 2 feels like it was made with a refreshed, more interactive and immersive formula. The campaign provides a wide variety of mission types, the majority of them with unique mechanics that will allow the player to experiment a far more enjoyable story mode with better engagement between the player and the environment around it. The characters, while still having the same super strong, alpha male attitude seen in the first game, show more emotion, making it easier to sympathize with them.

The story is also more compelling, dramatic, and deeper, as it takes the narrative design presented in Gears of War even further. Some of the cutscenes in the game offer a better knowledge and backstory of the main characters, the enemies and their leader, and the war itself.

Gears of War 2 should be an example to game developers of how a great sequel should be done. The higher-quality graphics, its better-polished gameplay mechanics, better level design, better writing and overall better direction are more than enough to consider this one of the best games available in the Xbox 360 catalogue.
  65. Nov 6, 2018
    Great sequel, many improvements in the game excellent multiplayer, introduction of many options like horde awesome
  66. Jun 21, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If there is one thing the new gears games have been lacking imo, it's the dark, serious, and gritty atmosphere of the first 3 gears. But to me, Gears 2 is the better of the 3 when it comes to Story, Character development, gameplay, and visual tone. Expand
  67. Aug 4, 2019
    summed up in 2 words this game is beautiful !! everything is impeccable the best game in the saga and the xbox !!

1. There are very few ways that Gears of War 2 could be improved on. Only the story and the final boss in particular are a slight disappointment. Fanboys will love the fact that only one of a multitude of story arcs is concluded; everyone else will feel slightly unfulfilled. But aside from this, Gears 2 is not just the most exhilarating game you'll play this year, but possibly the most heady and downright shocking piece of entertainment full stop. Hollywood, your days are numbered. [Dec 2008, p.61]
  2. The real star, however, is Horde, a ballistic assault on your worst score-rush tendencies that transforms maps into Gears-flavoured Mutant Storm: weapons spawn, then a wave of enemies hits, then more weapons and then another, tougher, wave.
  3. 360 Gamer Magazine UK
    We could be critical of Gears of War 2 simply offering more of the same, but the fact that it simply does everything better than the original in delivering a fantastic display of shoot-’em-up mayhem its quality simply shines through. With some awesome level design, supported by unsurpassed visuals and relentlessly entertaining action it is a compelling experience from start to finish. Forget the crack at putting emotion into the storyline; it’s almost irrelevant as Gears of War 2 is an allguns- blazing extravaganza and, as such, it’s just a glorious shooter that very few can match.