6.7

1. Feb 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To those of you who were complaining about the powerups in the story mode, you obviously didn't play the game and are just Rock Band fans who are hating on this game. Now, on to the review.This is the most fun I've had in Guitar Hero since GH3, except I'm having more fun. Let's start with the Engine. It uses the same engine as Guitar Hero 5, which is good because the hit detection is much better than that of earlier Guitar Heros', and the notes are much easier to see. I haven't experienced any framerate issues. Now, as for the setlist, it;s rather good. It comes with 90+ songs which is more than any other music game at the time, including Rock Band 3, and most of them aren't monotonous or repetetive, which was a problem with World Tour and 5. They are energetic, challenging, and just overall fun to play. As for glitches and bugs, I've experienced quite a few crashes, and when playing online sometimes the game thinks I am a drummer when I only have my Guitar controller connected, but this probably would've been fixed if Guitar Hero wasn't discontinued. As for the story, it's about the Demigod of Rock (Voiced b Gene Simmons) fighting an electronic beast who needs help from the characters you know and love, to recover a legendary guitar, found in the Temple of Syrinx (Yes, the one from 2112). The chapters have music that suit the style of the characters, and there is also one that is the entire 2112 song, with a story narrated by the members of Rush. After you complete the story, you can re-play it to unlock the Spirit Forms of the characters, and some additional items for the Create a Rocker.
    Overall, this is the best Guitar Hero in a very long time, and I'd recommend it to anyone who has ever been a fan of Guitar Hero.
  2. Nov 14, 2010
    Good Guitar Hero games are few and far between but this one has what it takes to keep you hooked. In terms of guitar difficulty(1 being Band Hero and 10 being Legends of Rock) Id put this at an 8 for expert level players, and unlike most gh/rb songs you get thrown into songs with some difficulty right off the get go and eventually get to the beast songs by bands like Megadeth and John 5.Good Guitar Hero games are few and far between but this one has what it takes to keep you hooked. In terms of guitar difficulty(1 being Band Hero and 10 being Legends of Rock) Id put this at an 8 for expert level players, and unlike most gh/rb songs you get thrown into songs with some difficulty right off the get go and eventually get to the beast songs by bands like Megadeth and John 5. The Rush Setlist is also very fun especially in between each song you have a member of rush narrating you "journey". In my opinion this is the best GH since Legends of Rock and I guarentee you will have some fun trying to play the really intense songs. Expand
  3. Jul 17, 2011
    What is it with the reviewers now a days,This game is a combination of all the greatness from all the guitar hero games bundled on a disk.The only reviewer that got it down straight up is Game Chronicles.This is the best "guitar" game ever made and an awesome all together band game also.No, Rock band 3 is the best multi player music game ever made and a step up in gaming with the realWhat is it with the reviewers now a days,This game is a combination of all the greatness from all the guitar hero games bundled on a disk.The only reviewer that got it down straight up is Game Chronicles.This is the best "guitar" game ever made and an awesome all together band game also.No, Rock band 3 is the best multi player music game ever made and a step up in gaming with the real instruments in pro mode but for a straight up guitar game single player there is nothing that comes close.I'm still going to say at the end of the day that Guitar hero is better then rockband because I have both and when I want to play music I put in GH before RB.This is the kind of game where you could literally play it on and off for 5 or 6 years and still never complete all the challenges and complete it 100%.The fun factor is off the roof incredible This game is nothing less then perfection"FOR WHAT IT'S TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH".Guitar hero 2 is the second best rated music game, ever ,and this blows that away so you figure it out.Too bad there not making any more music games that's really disappointing to me. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2010
    This is guitar hero. U get a guitar, u press the buttons and u strum. Ok, now for how Warriors of Rock compares to the rest. The track list is a very good track list with songs from of course people you know (and some from bands i of course NEVER heard of) there is alot of tracks hear, granted, but only is your more of a fan of classic rock and poppy/punk classics. This series feels likeThis is guitar hero. U get a guitar, u press the buttons and u strum. Ok, now for how Warriors of Rock compares to the rest. The track list is a very good track list with songs from of course people you know (and some from bands i of course NEVER heard of) there is alot of tracks hear, granted, but only is your more of a fan of classic rock and poppy/punk classics. This series feels like it is slowly dieing cause of the lack of quality in songs, but I can't deny that playing through career mode (except for austins set) is fun...but what makes this game is the RUSH 2112 seven song quest for the sword!!! Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2010
    Best one since 2 or Legends of Rock. I wouldn't go about believing many of the negative reviews put out there. Most of them are written by disgruntled Rock Band fans who hate Guitar Hero to begin with. The last Neversoft installment is actually quite good. It takes the Guitar Hero 5 engine, tweaks it and refines it a bit into a much more hardcore title.

The story mode is cheesy. But so

The story mode is cheesy. But so was the story mode in Legends of Rock. Remember those weird animated cutscenes? Those are here too, except they use 3D models with motion capture, and they look great. The graphics are nice to look at, especially when you play Bohemian Rhapsody. The game itself is, admittedly just the same as it was before, but because of the music you're playing, it's made all the better.

I haven't played a rhythm game with such a good setlist on the disc before. And a lot of the songs are very challenging too. Holy Wars, Speed and Sudden Death are really fun to play. And of course 2112 by Rush is in here. Can't go wrong with that.

The menus are kind of weird, but they're easy to get used to. Party Play is here, and regular quickplay if you're not interested in the challenges they set up for you in the story mode. It's a very convenient system.

Top it off, you can import Guitar Hero: Metallica starting today and you can buy a Soundgarden album for DLC. It's really a game for the fans, and if you're not a fan then it's not your cup of tea. Anyone who likes guitar games in general, you should definitely pick this up. It is loads of fun.
  6. Sep 30, 2010
    I'm not sure what everyone was expecting? There's not a lot left to do in the rhythm games save from mailing you a real guitar and coupons for music lessons.

It's a well polished track list with high difficulty and focus on the guitar. No it does not add a keyboard, thankfully, because then they would be limited to choosing songs that feature a keyboard. A solid track list and a

A solid track list and a focused game. That's what you're getting. Crank it up and enjoy it.
  7. Oct 3, 2010
    If you're a fan of music/rhythm games then you can't too much better than this. Small fixes to the game engine improve playability and additions such open bass note sustains and ghost notes on drums add to the experience. The setlist is top notch and just about every song deserves to be in the game unlike previous entries that had a lot of lackluster songs. The story may be cheesy but theIf you're a fan of music/rhythm games then you can't too much better than this. Small fixes to the game engine improve playability and additions such open bass note sustains and ghost notes on drums add to the experience. The setlist is top notch and just about every song deserves to be in the game unlike previous entries that had a lot of lackluster songs. The story may be cheesy but the whole thing is tongue-in-cheek and the overall atmosphere really harks back to the days of GH3. This game does what it sets out to do, please hardcore music game fans. While some will attack the lack of innovation, this game was meant to do one thing: please fans of past games. If you enjoyed GH3/GH2 you can't find another game (nor will you) that resembles them so well. RB3 is promising new features that may turn out great but WoR looks to have the best shredding available. Expand
  8. Jan 4, 2014
    By far my favorite guitar hero game i currently own all the dlc songs witch gives me 715 songs to play from the controls are smooth and the graphics look better then all the other versions also the 80 songs that come included on the game disc are all quite good if you're into guitar hero and havent bought this one yet make sure to purchase it also love the new story mode and starBy far my favorite guitar hero game i currently own all the dlc songs witch gives me 715 songs to play from the controls are smooth and the graphics look better then all the other versions also the 80 songs that come included on the game disc are all quite good if you're into guitar hero and havent bought this one yet make sure to purchase it also love the new story mode and star power ups as opposed to playing gigs Expand
  9. Mar 25, 2015
    A really fun game. The career mode is fun and the story is well made, I really like how each character has a certain music genre for themselves which is a great idea if you always wanted to know which character likes that certain genre of music. The soundtrack is great but it could've been picked out better. Now I'm not hating, it has some really good songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody byA really fun game. The career mode is fun and the story is well made, I really like how each character has a certain music genre for themselves which is a great idea if you always wanted to know which character likes that certain genre of music. The soundtrack is great but it could've been picked out better. Now I'm not hating, it has some really good songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen ,Losing My Religion by R.E.M, and Renegade by Styx. But songs like Nemesis by Arch Enemy, Dancing Through Sunday by AFI, and I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance just don't really fit the game's focus. Overall this is a great game and I would recommend it if you're a fan of the series. Expand
  10. Aug 21, 2019
    Great GH for veterans of the series with many challenging songs to jam out to. Quest mode? Weird, but still pretty cool nonetheless! Customization? Super cool! Song choices? Some out-of-place choices don't bring this game down! THIS should've been the last GH game!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 65 Critic Reviews

1. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    One for the rhythm-action hardcore crowd and those players who don't mind playing keyboard parts on guitar, then. [Issue#102, p.122]
    Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is a much better game than we had expected, and the devs have actually managed to use the overall theme for something more than a new coat of paint. The quest mode is one of the most fun additions to the series in ages, even if it's just a re-ordering of elements we've seen before. There's enough standout tracks and new ideas for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock to be worthwhile, even if you skipped the previous game because the series was growing stale.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 13, 2011
    Great story driven music game at first glance reveals the fact that the new Guitar Hero is actually boring and a so-many-times-seen piece with an odd music list and unbalanced playability. [Issue#197]