6.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Dec 27, 2011
    I found that Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge gives the user an excellent visual experience and a real buzz during its games. However, I feel that it lacks certain elements which ruins it for me. 1 element of the game which frustrated me very badly was the lack of skill when passing the ball between your backs, meaning, in general it was all guess work when you passed and hoped the ballI found that Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge gives the user an excellent visual experience and a real buzz during its games. However, I feel that it lacks certain elements which ruins it for me. 1 element of the game which frustrated me very badly was the lack of skill when passing the ball between your backs, meaning, in general it was all guess work when you passed and hoped the ball actually went to the other player. Another element which bothered me was the international mode, almost all players apart form New Zealand, South africa and Australia, the names were incorrect and some players had skills which were far too exagurated. All in all its a decent rugby game but does have competition with Rugby World Cup 2011. 7/10 Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Dec 17, 2011
    Just misses the conversion to make it a champion, but still a great rugby game. [Jan 2012, p.96]
  2. Oct 31, 2011
    But Rugby Challenge is the nucleus of a truly great rugby sim. It's certainly the best rugby game currently available and one can only imagine the heights it could scale if a publisher with enough cash were to throw its weight behind it.
  3. Oct 25, 2011
    I have to stress that this is not a "pick and up and play" game if you're new to rugby. There's a lot of learning involved as rugby, turns out, is a pretty complicated sport. Still, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge, from the perspective of a novice rugby fan, is a great starter game.