- Summary: 1868 London. The Industrial Revolution. An age of invention and wealth, built on the backs of the working class. As gangster killer Jacob Frye, you recruit a gang to fight for justice on behalf of the oppressed working class. Lead the underworld to reclaim London in an adventure filled with1868 London. The Industrial Revolution. An age of invention and wealth, built on the backs of the working class. As gangster killer Jacob Frye, you recruit a gang to fight for justice on behalf of the oppressed working class. Lead the underworld to reclaim London in an adventure filled with action, intrigue and brutal combat. With Jacob as the leader, players can establish UK's fiercest gang, the only force that can challenge the elite and defeat rival gangs to bring freedom to the oppressed folks. Enemy strongholds can be infiltrated by using an arsenal to dominate London’s underworld. From robbing trains to rescuing child workers, players will do everything they can to bring justice to London’s lawless streets. [Ubisoft]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Assassin’s Creed Experience - 2015 Trailer
Dec 16, 2015The combination of an interesting and diverse cast of characters and the entertaining and compelling story sit perfectly in the beautifully recreated 1860’s London. It doesn’t do everything to solve all the series’ problems, missions can feel repetitive and there are some minor AI bugs that will shatter the sense of immersion occasionally, but by taking a step backwards and removing much of the excess baggage that the series has accumulated over the years of annual releases, Syndicate has become the best Assassin's Creed since Brotherhood.
Oct 28, 2015A fair amount of bugs and lack of a present-day scenario detract from what is otherwise a strong return to form for Assassin’s Creed. Syndicate touts not one, but two great protagonists, strong gameplay, and Victorian Era London is neck and neck with Renaissance Italy as the best place the series has been to.
Oct 22, 2015Assassin's Creed Syndicate features a solid campaign, elevated by challenging assassination missions and a spellbinding setting. Syndicate delivers all of the innovations I had hoped to see from Unity, which was the franchise's first new-generation console entry, as the adjustments to combat, stealth, and travel breathe new air into the series.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Dec 3, 2015Syndicate is a solid sequel that will delight fans of the series, but most likely will not draw new people to the brand. If only devs pay more attention to an optimization and get rid of repeatable tasks, the result could be significantly better. [Issue#258]
Oct 23, 2015Massive, Massive improvement over that crapfest that was Unity. The characters are well written, familiar gameplay mechanics such as theMassive, Massive improvement over that crapfest that was Unity. The characters are well written, familiar gameplay mechanics such as the whistling and being able to pick up bodies is back, the story has clever links to the story of the other AC games, the modern day is better and actually goes somewhere (albeit the ending is absolute wank) and the side missions are implemented well into the goal of the main story.… Expand
Nov 2, 2015The game is great, don't listen to the hate.
The Good: - The new grappling hook makes traversing the map much quicker. - The fight clubThe game is great, don't listen to the hate.
- The new grappling hook makes traversing the map much quicker.
- The fight club is an absolute blast
- Having two protagonists is a nice touch
- Good variety of side missions/minigames
- Only 3 weapon types
- The tranny feels forced and unnecessary
- Character customisation isn't as good as Unity… Expand
Oct 23, 2015Great game. Nice setting, may not be highly stable, stable enough for good gameplay. Nice mission structure, really fun to play.
Story 9/10Great game. Nice setting, may not be highly stable, stable enough for good gameplay. Nice mission structure, really fun to play.
Graphics 9/10… Expand
Dec 16, 2015I thoroughly enjoyed this edition of Assassins Creed. It was an improvement on Unity and was a solid standing game. The missions were a littleI thoroughly enjoyed this edition of Assassins Creed. It was an improvement on Unity and was a solid standing game. The missions were a little repetitive but the likable main characters of Evie and Jacob pulled me through this. The gang system felt really good as a mechanic in the game as I enjoyed building up the gang territory and feeling as though I too was a Rook.
The graphics were exquisite and the world on London looked absolutely amazing. Apart from one graphical glitch in a particular cut scene, there were no real game breaking glitches during my play through.
Assassins Creed has made a standard that is Black Flag which will never be recreated in the series. Syndicate was not better than Black Flag but was a still all round good and polished game. Well worth the pickup.… Expand
Nov 18, 2015Im an AC fab from a very beggining of it, so new release is always preordered with months in advance with all the additional content etc.Im an AC fab from a very beggining of it, so new release is always preordered with months in advance with all the additional content etc.
Syndicate is definitely a great game. For someone who is "newish" to the series, this could be the best thing he/sge has ever played but to me it's just another AC. After every entry (except of Unity because we all know how much it sucked) I was always super pumped and impatient about when the next one is coming out, but Syndicate doesn't offer that to me. The story OF THE GAME is great, graphics are beautiful, gameplay and combat is fun. What im missing is the Abstergo plot. To me AC's story has always been about Abstergo, this is what AC is behind all of that history content and in the past 3 entries almost nothing happened. Ubisoft has to do something about it! The present story has always been so cool and wanting the player to play more and more to get further into the story but in the past three games its been a disappointment. I also dont like that Ubisoft gave up on crowd, chatacter type choice and come combat skills. But besides that it's a solid game worth buying… Expand
Aug 29, 2016There is a lot to like about Assassin's Creed Syndicate, from the epic London setting to the enjoyable new characters, but it still has a fewThere is a lot to like about Assassin's Creed Syndicate, from the epic London setting to the enjoyable new characters, but it still has a few of the problems that have possessed AC games for years. It's not as good as Black Flag but it is certainly an improvement over Unity.… Expand
Oct 31, 2015This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the game last night and want to just mention the big stuff.
1. The game is definitely less glitchy than Ac unity. But that isn't saying much because anything is better than Ac unity. There were still plenty of instances of broken freerunning, combat and stealth all not agreeing with my suggested button presses.
2. There was a three minute cutscene with no character models at all. Just their floating attached weapons carrying on a conversation. I captured the footage because I didn't believe it myself. They didn't learn anything from the invisible faces glitch in unity I guess.
3. Multiple cutscenes, including the final one, had out of sync audio. It's not a game breaker but boy does it show the laziness and lack of polish. This kind of thing can't be let go when they are trying to prove they can release a finished product.
4. The story was very hard to get into. The characters were hard to care about. The main female lead looks like the art department wanted to see what Ellie from the last of us would look like grown up. It was distracting. Besides that, no one is likable and they shoehorned in their 'historical celebrity guest stars' more poorly than any other installment.
5. The final boss was the worst final boss in video game history. It was repetitive, had no creativity or imagination applied to its design, and was insulting to the players intelligence. If anyone remembers the final boss in unity, it's pretty much a copy paste job of that except you have to take turns beating on him as the two main characters for about ten minutes and every thirty seconds in the fight, you are out at the entrance to the room you are in and must run back over to the boss. I don't even know if I can properly convey how old that gets after the second time. Let alone the sixth time it happens.
Overall, this was not a redemption for Ac. It is just the continuation of unity as the last nail in the coffin. Why can't they just take a year or two break? They are doing more harm than good to a previously great franchise.
if you are looking for a great Ac game you might not have tried, play Ac rogue. It's basically black flag 2 and it's very polished and complete.… Expand