9.0

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Dec 14, 2020
    An absolutely thrilling game. A faithfully created love letter to Doom 2, using the foundational gameplay laid out in Doom (2016). This game is a masterpiece of modern gaming. The environments, music, enemy designs, and gameplay come together perfectly to give a gaming experience that any fan of FPS games MUST play. If you're thinking about playing this game, stop thinking right now and goAn absolutely thrilling game. A faithfully created love letter to Doom 2, using the foundational gameplay laid out in Doom (2016). This game is a masterpiece of modern gaming. The environments, music, enemy designs, and gameplay come together perfectly to give a gaming experience that any fan of FPS games MUST play. If you're thinking about playing this game, stop thinking right now and go play it. Expand
  2. Dec 16, 2020
    Love this game the pacing and action is wonderful just amazing well worth the time to get good
  3. Jan 2, 2021
    The gameplay of Doom Eternal fits perfectly with the game, everything has a place in the big picture. even the mauraders have a place in the game along with the chainsaw and yes even the monkey bars. The story of Doom Eternal I would give a 6/10 but the gameplay and music make up got it exponentially
  4. Feb 19, 2021
    This masterpiece of violence is going to be all you're thinking of when you are finally ready to use every tactic you've learned along the way. It's a grand spectacle of fantastic audiovisual communication to the player. The idea that no matter how much you replay it, the game challenges you to invest the time and experiment and use different methods of clearing each arena, proving howThis masterpiece of violence is going to be all you're thinking of when you are finally ready to use every tactic you've learned along the way. It's a grand spectacle of fantastic audiovisual communication to the player. The idea that no matter how much you replay it, the game challenges you to invest the time and experiment and use different methods of clearing each arena, proving how well the new formula works where you want to perfect these mechanics because they reward the player and feel accomplished for their effort. Very good game design on all fronts, and the soundtrack is fire! Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2020
    DOOM Eternal is simply a great experience from start to finish. It's fun but difficult, it looks great, it has unique locations, etc. My one big complaint is the lack of multiplayer and map editor. It would be a 10 if it not for the missing content the last game included.
  6. Dec 18, 2020
    Strong contender for the best single player FPS ever. The combat is just unmatched in it's intensity and fluidity IMO. I also don't understand why so many people complain about the platforming, it's not perfect but pretty decent overall and it really helps to mix up the gameplay. I love how varied and extensive the levels, you really go all over the place. A few more boss battles wouldStrong contender for the best single player FPS ever. The combat is just unmatched in it's intensity and fluidity IMO. I also don't understand why so many people complain about the platforming, it's not perfect but pretty decent overall and it really helps to mix up the gameplay. I love how varied and extensive the levels, you really go all over the place. A few more boss battles would have been nice, but the ones that are there are pretty epic.

Overall Doom just really stands out from other shooters. I love the modern take on retro gameplay.
  7. Dec 30, 2020
    Similar to its predecessor, Doom Eternal offers a great fps experience with satisfying gunplay, fantastic visuals and a great soundtrack. The story has been improved over Doom (2016) and the gameplay expanded allowing Doom Eternal to sit beside its predecessor as the two best first person shooters of the generation. However the game isn’t perfect due to certain game design choices.Similar to its predecessor, Doom Eternal offers a great fps experience with satisfying gunplay, fantastic visuals and a great soundtrack. The story has been improved over Doom (2016) and the gameplay expanded allowing Doom Eternal to sit beside its predecessor as the two best first person shooters of the generation. However the game isn’t perfect due to certain game design choices. Platforming plays a much bigger role this time around however it feels very lackluster, the game is also much more punishing in relation to health and ammo which breaks the flow of the game sometimes and there are also minor annoyances that I have including the marauder enemy type which is a chore to defeat as well as fps drops when running against certain walls. Overall its a great game that is pretty much on par with the previous game and is definitely worth picking up. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2020
    This game is very challenging. The graphics are great, the music is good, and the performance is phenomenal. The downsides are the severe limitations that it puts on you and its storytelling.

You're basically always low on health, armor and ammo. You need to burn, blast, shoot and carve your way through a seemingly endless onslaught of enemies that feel as though they're a little too accurate. The combat can be very frustrating, but when you finally get through the challenge, you feel so good about the victory that the frustration gets pushed away. This game is NOT Doom 2016. Expect things to be Doom 2016's endgame difficulty at the start and it only goes up from there. It's very give and take and die until you win. The enemies have unique mechanics that (once you learn them) will make your life a lot easier. Once you get used to the resource management, enemy mechanics and using all of your mobility options all the time, the game really is like having hell on Earth.

The storytelling doesn't have the same presence as in Doom 2016, or its predecessor, Doom 3. I think the narrative should have more presence, but let's face the truth. This is Doom. It throws you into the action and story is there as a side note. For those that are wondering why is Vega with you in your suit and your base? That answer is simple. In Doom 2016 when you destroyed Vega, you made a copy of him and put him in your suit. How did you get off mars? You're the friggin' Doomguy. You're a walker of Armageddon. You're able to go between Hell and Earth freely. The loopholes aren't really loopholes as much as they're people not paying attention. If you want the story, pay attention to the narrative, what Doomguy does and the codex. Playing Doom 2016 will help with knowing his backstory. Doom 2016 was a retelling of Doom 1993, Doom Eternal is a retelling of Doom 2.

Overall, the game is amazing. Pay attention to everything and don't expect anything to handed to you. The game is an astounding take on Armageddon. I'm looking forward to what they do next.
  9. Oct 4, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think you have to be delusional to rate this game anything less than a 10. This game, is absolutely EVERY SINGLE THING a metal head, fast paced lover, intense gamer loves. From the idea that you are a one man army vaporizing an entire species of demons as a consequence of their Earth invasion, to the game ENCOURAGING you to glory kill (a brief, but intense first person kill scene triggered by pressing the melee button near a grazed demon, causing it to be gored, either with the Slayers bare hands, or his melee blade, or shotgun) as it rewards you with health, or as I like to perceive it, a adrenaline rush provided to the Slayer. I never thought, a game like this could provide me with such energy from being a couch potato. How can you not feel ready to ready to carry an entire truck after fiercely gripping your controller from the super intense djent metal music playing in the background as you are on a quest to basically kill the khan maykr, the crooked, selfish traitor responsible for the demon invasion of earth?!??. Expand
  10. Oct 18, 2020
    El regreso del padre se los shooters nos trae una secuela que supera a su predecesor con creces, si bien DOOM (2016) ya era un juegazo este directamente es una obra maestra llena de asesinatos, masacre, frenetismo, metal, todo lo que hace a DOOM ser DOOM esta aquí. si bien lo único malo que le vería es que su multijugador, al menos en opinión personal, no se me hace tan entretenido yEl regreso del padre se los shooters nos trae una secuela que supera a su predecesor con creces, si bien DOOM (2016) ya era un juegazo este directamente es una obra maestra llena de asesinatos, masacre, frenetismo, metal, todo lo que hace a DOOM ser DOOM esta aquí. si bien lo único malo que le vería es que su multijugador, al menos en opinión personal, no se me hace tan entretenido y siento que los demonios están demasiado rotos, al menos las partidas que yo jugué junto con un amigo las ganamos muy fácilmente, pero de ahí en fuera es un juego que es digno de platinar o sacar el 100% en tu gamescore, y es un juego que debe ser un "Must" si eres amante de los shooters. DOOM una vez mas demuestra que DOOM.... es eterno. Expand
  11. Oct 29, 2020
    En una industria cada vez mas dominaba por juegos que toman mejores historias y dejan en segundo plano la jugabilidad viene id software y hace este pedazo de juego es bellisimo sin duda la mejor jugabilidad en un shoter GOTY 2020
  12. Nov 5, 2020
    I never heard of doom and when I saw the cover of Doom(2016) I though it was just a lame game. But when my friend got Doom Eternal I was ready to see why people loved this game so much. It’s a super great game, especially if you’ve been getting bored of playing Rainbow Six Siege. This game has everything, it has great graphics, fun and unique enemy’s to slay, light and not to hard puzzles,I never heard of doom and when I saw the cover of Doom(2016) I though it was just a lame game. But when my friend got Doom Eternal I was ready to see why people loved this game so much. It’s a super great game, especially if you’ve been getting bored of playing Rainbow Six Siege. This game has everything, it has great graphics, fun and unique enemy’s to slay, light and not to hard puzzles, amazing arenas, things to explore for things like cool demon figures, sound tracks, cheat codes, and upgrades for your suit and weapon upgrades. Also ammo management isn’t too hard because you never run out of chainsaw fuel to rip the ammo out of the zombie demon. But one especially good thing is that every weapon that you get in the game feels unique and I never found myself not using every weapon for every “mortality challenged” enemy. But this wouldn’t be a full review if I didn’t say anything about the marauders which were not too bad actually. Everyone says they’re the worst because of their difficultly, but if you just leave them for last and it’s pretty easy. Anyways 9/10, a great introduction to the Doom series and I can’t wait for more DLC’s and the next entry. Expand
  13. Nov 17, 2020
    Absolutely crazy FPS and omg it plays so well on the OGX! Wow. Amazing work ID & Bethesda
  14. Dec 3, 2020
    I loved this game from start to finish. The combat is fun and fast-paced, the platforming is pretty good, and the game overall makes you feel like a badass. I will admit, the story seems a little convoluted, but I get that they're just adding a bit more depth and it's much appreciated. Overall, I highly recommend this game.
  15. Dec 11, 2020
    It works very well even though I don't prefer fps on the pad here you play honey. Fixed number of frames, great thanks track. I sincerely recommend a piece of honey game.
  16. Feb 17, 2021
    DOOM Eternal has became my favorite shooter of all time. For a game I expected to suck it completely surprised me at how true it was to the original with a mix of quake and painkiller. It was fast paced, intense, had great enemy and weapons variety and a kick-ass soundtrack.
  17. Mar 26, 2021
    In an age where every piece of media seems to be cannibalizing my childhood in an attempt to sell my own nostalgia back to me, Doom is a breath of fresh air. I love everything about this game; the pace, the lore, the gore, the mechanical skill, but most importantly, this game is so perfectly designed. It teaches you how to play it, gently pushing you into the fun zone - when you die, itIn an age where every piece of media seems to be cannibalizing my childhood in an attempt to sell my own nostalgia back to me, Doom is a breath of fresh air. I love everything about this game; the pace, the lore, the gore, the mechanical skill, but most importantly, this game is so perfectly designed. It teaches you how to play it, gently pushing you into the fun zone - when you die, it isn't because the game is artificially hard, it's because you made a mistake, and you know exactly what that mistake was. To me, this is a perfect game. Expand
  18. Mar 30, 2021
    Doom Eternal is my favorite game of all time. I put more hours into it on the Xbox, so my hours on PC do not indicate how much I play accurately. This game gets you into the fun zone so easily and regularly, the developers are super responsive, and the community is amazing. If you want to be apart of a group of people that are very active, nice, and creative, the discord is a place for you.
  19. Dec 17, 2020
    This in my opinion is the best game I have ever played. The combat is so smooth and it just seems to work. Also the platforming isn't as bad as a lot of people say
  20. Feb 14, 2021
    DOOM Eternal is one of if not the best game I've ever played (Now sadly I haven't played DOOM 2016) however though the gameplay is so blood pumping and you'll never have a boring experience. The demons are powerful and there's a good balance of fodder and heavy/super heavy demons in every arena and until the encounter is done so you always have easy ammo and health. killing big demons isDOOM Eternal is one of if not the best game I've ever played (Now sadly I haven't played DOOM 2016) however though the gameplay is so blood pumping and you'll never have a boring experience. The demons are powerful and there's a good balance of fodder and heavy/super heavy demons in every arena and until the encounter is done so you always have easy ammo and health. killing big demons is so amazing in this game. And don't even get me started on the level design. it's so fun to move from one arena to the next with swinging and climbing walls. there are also some easy jump puzzles which are so fun to figure out the amount of detail put into this game is INSANE!!!!! Expand
  21. Feb 15, 2021
    Probably one of the best single player, FPS of all times. Only would have been happier if there weren't quite so many maneuverability tests that were Mandatory (for us non-speed runners) throughout the levels.
  22. Feb 15, 2021
    When DOOM came out in 2016, I was shocked of how good it was. When DOOM Eternal came out in 2020, I was shocked of how better is than DOOM (2016). This should say something.
  23. Feb 15, 2021
    The game is like meshuggah album meets Doom 2 meets dark souls. **** absolute dank.
  24. Feb 15, 2021
    Fantastic sequel that builds upon the last one and makes it twice as good. Brutal, challenging, rewarding and satisfying.
  25. Feb 19, 2021
    Holycrap this game is amazing. This is the best single player FPS and that I've played in years.
  26. Feb 28, 2021
    This game is action perfected. The feeling of getting smacked hard in arena is frustrating, but the satisfaction of finally conquering it, and see your improvement at the game mechanics is the greatest satisfaction I've had in a game.
  27. Mar 12, 2021
    DOOM Eternal improves upon just about everything that the first game set in motion.
  28. Mar 13, 2021
    It's a great fast paced shooter, not hard to learn and its easy to jump right back in if you haven't played it in a while.
  29. Mar 20, 2021
    Great game. Big improvement over Doom 2016 but its more demanding and has higher skill gap. Requires you to turn on your brain and think rather than mindless shooting of Doom 2016.
  30. Mar 24, 2021
    Doom Eternal isn't just some random old first person shooter you see publishers funding month after month. It isn't some modern military shooter. It's a puzzle game - nay, a rhythm game disguised as an FPS. That rhythm being a quite literal chainsaw metal soundtrack carried by the game's immaculate level design.

The enemy design is the strongest I've ever seen in a game. Each one

The enemy design is the strongest I've ever seen in a game. Each one offering something completely different and unique opportunities to destroy them. Every arena is a glorified flowchart where you're assessing your ammo, health, and armor reserves at every given moment. Not to mention the dozens of demons that are always in your face, ready to be shot at.

Doom Eternal is a masterclass of modern video game design and the best non-VR FPS to have ever been made.
  31. Mar 25, 2021
    The sophistication and fluidity of the combat in this game is amazing. Doom 2016 is crap compare to this and any here claiming otherwise is blinded by nostalgia for that game lol.
  32. Mar 25, 2021
    Downloaded and played the Doom previous to this one and its worth playing both, fun game where you can jam out and destroy and kill everything and if you want to make it difficult for yourself you can do that too.
  33. Mar 26, 2021
    I didn't like 2016 thought it was overrated and bland but this is one of the best games i've ever played.
  34. Feb 15, 2021
    Should've gotten game of the year 2020. Amazing, powerful, great soundtrack, and the gameplay is phenomenal
  35. Mar 14, 2021
    Great game. Massive improvement over the 2016. I absolutely love what they did on this one.
  36. Mar 20, 2021
    God tier game some of the best. Demons go BOOM when you shoot them :) Heheheehe
  37. Dec 23, 2020
    После великолепной перезагрузки DOOM 2016 года только человек далекий от всех этих адреналиновых войн не ждал его продолжения. И вот наконец мы дождались! 2020 помимо короновируса подарил нам один из лучших, если не самый лучший на этой умирающей планете безбожный наимяснейший шутер от первого лица. Мы снова в роли Палача Рока нарубаем полчища демонов в фарш и прочие мясные деликатесы.После великолепной перезагрузки DOOM 2016 года только человек далекий от всех этих адреналиновых войн не ждал его продолжения. И вот наконец мы дождались! 2020 помимо короновируса подарил нам один из лучших, если не самый лучший на этой умирающей планете безбожный наимяснейший шутер от первого лица. Мы снова в роли Палача Рока нарубаем полчища демонов в фарш и прочие мясные деликатесы. Теперь основное место событий это Земля, которую заполонили сатанинские отродия с целью уничтожения под корень человеческой рассы для получения их душ, из которых производится аргент-энергия, ибо так повелел древний орден Ночных Стражей и Кан Созидательница. Земля конечно основное место сражения, но далеко не единственное куда нас закинет сюжет. Мы с вами побываем на Фобосе, заглянем в марсианский город Гебет, заскочим в ад и посетим мир Творцов, также время от времени мы конечно же будем посещать наш опорный пункт мрачную обитель и космическую крепость Думгая - как понимаете, география весьма обширная и визуально разнообразная, чего явно не доставало 2016 году. История Doom Eternal увлекательная и мобильная под стать самим сражениям в игре. За ней действительно интересно следить и она не сбивает темп происходящего, всё прекрасно впитывается на одном дыхании в бешеном ритме практически без остановок. А какое тут визуальное сопровождение!!! Все эти бесчисленные руины, поверженные титаны, а некоторые ещё и очень даже живые медленной поступью, сотрясая землю, проходят мимо. Весьма впечатляет, я вам скажу!!! И это только Земля, остальные миры под стать главному полю боя, они по своему великолепны. Бои с полчищами демонов по прежнему потрясающие, ни секунды покоя - только трэш и расчлененка в самом лучшем виде. Головокружительный драйв противостояний по накалу примерно сопоставим с предыдущей частью. Я не очень понимаю тех людей, которые говорят, что Eternal прямо-таки в разы интенсивнее и сложнее предыдущей части. Как по мне в 2016 были арены значительно сложнее нежели в новом, где ты уже просто из последних сил с одним процентом здоровья трясущимися руками и шатаясь на полусогнутых кровавым плевком с горстью своих зубов убивал последнего Властелина Тьмы. Да конечно в Eternal игрока неподготовленного к думовым разборкам будут размазывать тонким слоем по поверхности в считанные секунды, под остальных же игра вполне приспосабливается и даёт все возможности быстро не погибнуть, а в критическом случае подкинуть слабенького монстряку на оздоровляющий распил. Огнестрельный арсенал Палача Рока претерпел незначительные изменения - убрали никому ненужный пистолет и добавили баллисту, ну и конечно косметически подрихтовали уже классический набор, вести огонь из которого ни с чем несравнимое удовольствие... Expand
  38. Dec 31, 2020
    Germany: Ich finde Doom Eternal ist das beste Spiel was dieses Jahr erschienen ist vorallem deshalb das es mich so überrascht hat es ist einfach ein cooler Mix aus verschiedenen Fähigkeiten und Wafen Schwierigkeit und Shotherfieling. Es ist einfach toll. Die Story ist auch super für ein Doom.
    Dazu sei aber erwähnt das das Spiel seine Wahre Stärke erst nach den ersten Stunden entfaltet
  39. Feb 10, 2021
    Lots of action and demon killing.
    Few crashes and enemy bugs.
    Where's the horde mode?
  40. Feb 10, 2021
    Good Level Design
    Decent Storyline
    Really Good Voice Acting
    High Replayability
    Satisfactory Gameplay
    BADASS Soundtrack(Thanks to Mick Gordon)
  41. Feb 10, 2021
    Kickass game. Each special demon has a certain weakness, You gather different BADASS weapons as you move on with the missions. You can pick different runes/skills according to your playstyle which is just great.
  42. Mar 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brutal and dynamic, describes the game pretty well. It took me about 15 hours, played on Ultra-Brutal, got 555 gamerscore and had a hell of a lot of fun.

story

What do you want, give me the gun! Seriously, I actually liked the story a lot. It was interesting enough, and I don't give the story the highest priority in a game like this. I've read a few entries in the Code and dossiers, but by no means all. I didn't want to lose the gameplay momentum and listened more to the cut scenes or monologues. Well enough for me to keep you happy.

Presentation / graphics / performance

A board of game. I think Doom: Eternal looks really cool. Sufficiently varied and also very large areas really invite you to marvel. The brutality, the aesthetics, the architectural design of the levels was terrific (I thought Urdak, for example, was really awesome).

The performance on the Series X is almost perfect. The game ran 99% of the time, despite the very high dynamics, the many different effects, colors, etc. without any problems. Strangely enough, when I tried to pull myself up on an edge, I often had short frame breaks.

Also in the last level I had a flickering edge from hell, a restart fixed it right away.

The appearance of the opponents and weapons fits perfectly into the game and is partly known from the predecessor.

The music does the rest and always makes you want to go to the next round of combat in the area.

There are also humorous passages, such as the Doom Guy deals with a scientist. It's funny.

Gameplay

It is the centerpiece and really tears in. The combined gameplay of Glory-Kill = health or bloodbeat, chainsaw = ammunition and flamethrower = armor enables a dynamic in the game that can lead to a real flow of bloodlust. It took me some time to get in at the beginning, but once you understand it, it just goes off.

You really notice how you improve with several hours of play and get into this "flow" more and more often.

In addition, there are the outstanding weapons, all of which I enjoyed except for the rocket launcher. I've used every weapon over and over and the super shotgun with fire chain is one of my favorites. With the rocket launcher, I always had the problem that the dynamics became too fast for me and I very often killed myself. But later on I also found my use for the part here.

There are also countless upgrade options for weapons and armor, as well as certain runes that make the game easier, because it has been a tough challenge. E.g. Funnily enough, I really liked the sniper upgrade for the heavy weapon, as it is a great feeling to target the weak points of larger opponents in the middle of the dynamic.

There is so much to discover, the game rewards you with secrets, some of which can be exhibited in the HUB. I also find the HUB very nice and I have always looked around there and e.g. listened to the records.

So all gold that glitters? Not quite.

The puzzles (as a "decelerating" element, which I found okay in and of itself) were extremely easy and very lame, and the jump passages weren't really my thing either. I also found these rather boring and would have liked to have had more demanding passages.

And as with Doom 2016, I would have liked to have had more bosses. So I mean real boss opponents who don't appear later as easy opponents. Doom is actually ideal for horny boss counters.

Speaking of opponents: The Marauder is the biggest crap I've seen in the shooter genre. I didn't enjoy the guy at all and even took it away from me. Later you get littered with the enemy and it's just annoying, especially his messed up dog. Even when I found out how to fight him, it didn't change anything about the fact that it wasn't fun.

Conclusion

The best shooter I've played in a long time. The fighting dynamics are simply unmatched and you can literally play your way into a room. I didn't like a few features but overall an absolute recommendation 9/10 demon sacrifice.
  43. Nov 14, 2020
    ✅89%
    A huge improvement over the first Doom game. So much fun. I can’t get enough of this game.
  44. Nov 27, 2020
    Best shooter ever. The silky smooth 4k @ 60 fps adds to the amazing experience doom provides!
  45. Dec 21, 2020
    Doom Eternal is the best Doom game since 64, the best game bethesda has made in years and probably the best doom game ever made. The game takes everything that worked from 2016, made it better, throws away everything that doesn't work, and adds new stuff that makes the game so much better, Eternal is one of the most fun games that has ever been made, the gameplay is so smooth and flawless,Doom Eternal is the best Doom game since 64, the best game bethesda has made in years and probably the best doom game ever made. The game takes everything that worked from 2016, made it better, throws away everything that doesn't work, and adds new stuff that makes the game so much better, Eternal is one of the most fun games that has ever been made, the gameplay is so smooth and flawless, the gore and action is unlimited and I always crave more everytime I play, and the soundtrack, OMG This soundtrack, I can't explain how many hours I've spent in the main menu listening to it's theme and going on YouTube listening for countless hours on every theme in the game, the enemy variants are unique along with the fact that every weapon has it's purpose and strategy instead of you just using one weapon (probably the super shotgun) non-stop the whole game, Eternal has made it so each weapon serves a role in the game, my only bicker is that the story isn't all that but you could choose to ignore it and the game won't get any less fun, overall Doom Eternal is a must play for anyone who is a fast action paced fps shooter fan and a Doom fan, please play this game you won't regret it, easy 10/10 and my personal game of the year. Expand
  46. Feb 9, 2021
    Um dos melhores fps de 2020
    Quando eu estava jogando este jogo, eu me sentia um matador de deus ou algo assim
    Os recursos visuais também são ótimos e fantásticos tbh
  47. Feb 10, 2021
    Fulfill your desires to cleanse Earth of the Demonic Forces of Evil. RIP AND TEAR TILL IT IS DONE!!!
  48. Feb 10, 2021
    Землетрясение в игровом мире - это эта игра, эта игра всегда вызывала у меня волнение и частоту сердечных сокращений, единственный раз, когда я использовал ее для игр-шутеров, - это серия игр DOOM, изюминка игры - это (Ночь, Один, Гарнитура, Громче) приготовьтесь погрузиться в темнотуЗемлетрясение в игровом мире - это эта игра, эта игра всегда вызывала у меня волнение и частоту сердечных сокращений, единственный раз, когда я использовал ее для игр-шутеров, - это серия игр DOOM, изюминка игры - это (Ночь, Один, Гарнитура, Громче) приготовьтесь погрузиться в темноту
  49. Mar 26, 2020
    Basically don't listen to these edgelords who are giving this game a 0-1 they have no clue what they are talking about and their reasoning is completely laughable. If you love doom (not just 2016 which these muppets have only seemed to of played in the series) and you know how to have fun, with fantastic level design, challenging encounters that will make you think like the classics, thenBasically don't listen to these edgelords who are giving this game a 0-1 they have no clue what they are talking about and their reasoning is completely laughable. If you love doom (not just 2016 which these muppets have only seemed to of played in the series) and you know how to have fun, with fantastic level design, challenging encounters that will make you think like the classics, then this is absolutely a must buy and a must for any doom fan Expand
  50. Mar 31, 2020
    Masterclass in demon-murdering chess!

Masterclass in demon-murdering chess!

After the umpteenth thousand dispatched demon you would think at least some of the pure, primal joy of demonic dismemberment might’ve worn off...but honestly it only gets better as you go along. The gameplay loop is addicting — rewarding yet merciless should you falter. And you will. Probably quite a bit. Prettier, longer, faster-paced, more brutal and varied than its excellent predecessor...absolutely worth a playthrough!
  51. Mar 20, 2020
    Espetacular , para quem é fã de FPS é Indispensável, parabéns ID pelo excelente trabalho.
  52. Mar 23, 2020
    I can honestly say that Doom Eternal is one of the BEST first person shooters of ALL time. The shooting the enemy mechanics are a game changer. You basically get health, armor and ammo based on how you kill enemies. It's 30 seconds of fun repeated that does not get old. There is a constant dance of managing your survival with how you dispose of your enemies. Everything is just soI can honestly say that Doom Eternal is one of the BEST first person shooters of ALL time. The shooting the enemy mechanics are a game changer. You basically get health, armor and ammo based on how you kill enemies. It's 30 seconds of fun repeated that does not get old. There is a constant dance of managing your survival with how you dispose of your enemies. Everything is just so polished with 60 FPS and 4K. The ONLY negative is that the multiplayer is a bit unbalanced where the demons have a big advantage over the slayer, but I am sure these issues will be resolved. It is a BUY and comes HIGHLY recommended. Expand
  53. Mar 30, 2020
    I made an account to leave this review. DOOM Eternal is one of the best games I have played in the last 5 years. ID has managed to innovate and create something original, new, fresh. The first person shooter feeling becomes very strategic in how you kill your opponents. You need to manage your health, armor and ammo to stay alive. Sometimes that means killing your enemies in specific ways.I made an account to leave this review. DOOM Eternal is one of the best games I have played in the last 5 years. ID has managed to innovate and create something original, new, fresh. The first person shooter feeling becomes very strategic in how you kill your opponents. You need to manage your health, armor and ammo to stay alive. Sometimes that means killing your enemies in specific ways. Reinventing the run and gun campaign. You won't mindlessly shoot AI enemies, you will be forced to think fast or... die. A The campaign was very fun, challenging and something I'll be playing again.

....but the Marauder can be deleted from the games code. I mean that. It's a terrible enemy especially for this game. It is the only enemy that slows game play down to a crawl. And you do one mechanic against him; wait, get shot at see green eyes and shoot with a shotgun. Only a shotgun, any other gun is useless against him as far as I'm concerned. Delete that awful enemy, the fighting mechanic you make us do against him is not fun! Lastly I'd say that there is a lack of freedom in the game with the ammo, armor and health system. An alternative would have been nice, like a classic mode or something. DOOM fan boys will show their disgust with the system by rating 0's and leaving long ranted posts about how much they hate everything, don't listen to them ID Software! Great game! 10/10 amazingly fun campaign!
  54. Mar 31, 2020
    This game was the best of the best. I really couldn’t explain what happened when I played it, but I knew something. I was kicking some demon ass. The demons were top-notch, even my brother (who just started playing) liked the design of it. The scenery was great, the atmosphere was awesome, and I loved the idea of using your ammo efficiently. Others might say that the 2016 version wasThis game was the best of the best. I really couldn’t explain what happened when I played it, but I knew something. I was kicking some demon ass. The demons were top-notch, even my brother (who just started playing) liked the design of it. The scenery was great, the atmosphere was awesome, and I loved the idea of using your ammo efficiently. Others might say that the 2016 version was better. I say they are both the best, not just one. I really enjoyed both, and cherished them for my life. Honestly, one of the best games and franchise I’ve ever played, so I hope they make better games! Expand
  55. Apr 18, 2020
    id software did it again they made an amazing game again I'm over 10 hours in the game and it's just great new battle mode is much better than doom 2016's multiplayer the story mode or campaign is amazing and the "jump puzzles" aren't puzzles you just jump that's it it's not going to take you 30 minutes to complete and the dashing is good. The platforming isn't hard and it's nice to haveid software did it again they made an amazing game again I'm over 10 hours in the game and it's just great new battle mode is much better than doom 2016's multiplayer the story mode or campaign is amazing and the "jump puzzles" aren't puzzles you just jump that's it it's not going to take you 30 minutes to complete and the dashing is good. The platforming isn't hard and it's nice to have like a 30 second break before you face another horde of demons. Expand
  56. Apr 23, 2020
    Es buen juego, con una historia mas profunda que relata los origenes y las motivaciones del doom slayer.
  57. Mar 21, 2020
    Das Gameplay sucht seines gleichen, die Geschichte ist interessant und der Umfang extrem Groß.
    Absolut Perfekte Fortsetzung zu Doom 2016 und schon jetzt eines meiner Lieblingsspiele im Jahr 2020.
  58. Mar 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really enjoyed the game. The shotgun is a downgrade from 2016 but the SSG is bad ass. The levels, for the most part, are breathtaking. ARC complex freaking rules. Urdak is a piece of crap level though. Expand
  59. Mar 21, 2020
    Que gran rendimiento en las consolas xbox jugazo brutal y descomunal ademas de muy divertido
  60. Apr 17, 2020
    В своих опасениях Райан Рейнольдс переживал за судьбу "Deadpool 2", боясь, что бюджет сыграет со второй картиной злую шутку, не пойдя ленте на пользу, и не зря... Воспоминание о мёртвом бассейне с его участием особенно символично ибо ORI и DOOM 2020го постигла та же участь, что и второй фильм с болтливым наёмником. Хоть все эти три работы и получились достойными, чисто на эмоциональномВ своих опасениях Райан Рейнольдс переживал за судьбу "Deadpool 2", боясь, что бюджет сыграет со второй картиной злую шутку, не пойдя ленте на пользу, и не зря... Воспоминание о мёртвом бассейне с его участием особенно символично ибо ORI и DOOM 2020го постигла та же участь, что и второй фильм с болтливым наёмником. Хоть все эти три работы и получились достойными, чисто на эмоциональном уровне понимаешь, что от них несёт баблом, но лучше от того не становится. Пропало ощущение "киндер сюрприза", как зачастую и бывает с сиквелами, где упор делается на больше, круче, солиднее, а душа хоть и не встаёт на второй план, но всё же оттесняется в сторонку. При этом геймплейно с первых минут создатели, будто бы "невзначай", говорят: вы знали на что шли, никакого разогрева, сразу прыгайте в пекло товарищи. И оно вроде бы в радость, но осознание, что без бабок делали по сути тоже самое, подкашивает общий настрой при прохождении. Expand
  61. Apr 6, 2020
    If you like the first one you'll love this on a little harder then the first but once you get the hang of it its beautiful
  62. Mar 20, 2020
    The game is absolutely deserving of this score. At the start of the game, I knew this would be a fantastic one. However, the combat is definitely something new and challenging. It'll take a lot of work to learn how to utilize speed and verticality to your advantage. They redesigned all the enemies and weapons, which makes everything fresh. They also added a lot of new weapons, and enemies.The game is absolutely deserving of this score. At the start of the game, I knew this would be a fantastic one. However, the combat is definitely something new and challenging. It'll take a lot of work to learn how to utilize speed and verticality to your advantage. They redesigned all the enemies and weapons, which makes everything fresh. They also added a lot of new weapons, and enemies. You also have a hub area, unlike the previous game. I didn't really think this was needed that much, but it's something interesting to explore. The game is gorgeous, with amazing art direction. The soundtrack is god tier, making you truly feel like the Slayer. Most of the missions are pretty good, the stories good, and the lore is all good. However, the game is brought down to a 9 for me because of the seemingly low amount of missions, that it seems like there isn't much of a need for a mission select button. There also isn't much of a reason to replay levels, unless playing on higher difficulties. This is in thanks to a fast travel feature, unlocked near the end of the level, which allows you to fast travel to points across the map. This allows you to quickly collect collectibles and complete optional encounters. Overall though, its a fantastic game. Expand
  63. Mar 21, 2020
    Breathtaking. Every single person should play this game. Im shure this will be new classic!
  64. Mar 25, 2020
    Great gameplay and a great improvement over DOOM 2016. It's not just an easy sequel that they could have done but It's a game that ID wanted to make and expand upon from DOOM 2016. The gameplay feels fast and responsive. Kept me engaged from start to finish. It is a game where you think about what you are doing unlike with DOOM 2016 where you just point and shoot. You have to constantly beGreat gameplay and a great improvement over DOOM 2016. It's not just an easy sequel that they could have done but It's a game that ID wanted to make and expand upon from DOOM 2016. The gameplay feels fast and responsive. Kept me engaged from start to finish. It is a game where you think about what you are doing unlike with DOOM 2016 where you just point and shoot. You have to constantly be aware of you ammo supply and HP. Going in for glory kills and chainsawing demons looks and feels amazing. DOOM 2016 looked great and still does but man oh man does Eternal look fantastic. From graphics to sound design, this game excels in every way. This is a game you can master and feel like a true DOOM Guy. Buy this and RIP AND TEAR. Expand
  65. Apr 23, 2020
    DOOM: Eternal is, in my opinion, the greatest FPS ever made. It perfected the push-forward styled combat from 2016 and has pushed the DOOM franchise incredibly far. The combat loop is very satisfying, getting you to constantly scan your environment for ways to continue fighting (fodder demons to chainsaw/flame belch, monkey bars to dodge foes, important demons to focus on and fodderDOOM: Eternal is, in my opinion, the greatest FPS ever made. It perfected the push-forward styled combat from 2016 and has pushed the DOOM franchise incredibly far. The combat loop is very satisfying, getting you to constantly scan your environment for ways to continue fighting (fodder demons to chainsaw/flame belch, monkey bars to dodge foes, important demons to focus on and fodder location, etc.) and is very rewarding. The game isn't afraid to kick your ass, which is appreciated from 2016 which was pretty easy, even in the late game. While the restricted ammo may come across as an annoyance, it helps reinforce the combat loop and gets your brain to constantly scan the environment for ammo pickups/fodder and to monitor your ammo levels. There's a reason the chainsaw now recharges, to get you into that combat loop. 2016 let you go through everything with the Super Shotgun, becoming rather boring later in the game. DOOM: Eternal gives you incentive to use each weapon. Some enemies have weakpoints, areas where if damaged reduce their damage or even mobility. Some weapons/mods do more/less damage to weakpoints, incentivizing you to switch your weapons frequently and again, scan the arena. It's not a mindless shooter where you're constantly killing everything (kinda like 2016 ngl), you have to think about importance of targets, ammo capacity, weakpoints, weapons on hand, mods, and so much more. It's incredible how much fun it is to fly around an arena switching weapons like mad as you cut down the legions of Hell. The story in DOOM games as never been important, but the story in DOOM: Eternal is pretty interesting (at least to me :P). It's handled much better than in 2016, since you can skip any cutscene. 2016 had 2 parts where Hayden just spieled at you for a couple minutes in a tiny room. Now, most of the story is told in skipable cutscenes and Codex entries. Speaking about Codex entries, the secrets in this game are much cooler. While you can't play retro levels as the Slayer, you can play DOOM and DOOM II in the Fortress of Doom. To access the original DOOM, you need to collect every cheat code hidden throughout the levels and in the Fortress. There's also the toys, being models of demons instead of Praetor suit variants. A bit off topic, but the environments are absolutely gorgeous with some of the best level design in DOOM history. Everywhere you look you'll see something interesting, whether it's a dead demon or a grand view the game is beautiful. If you enjoyed DOOM 2016 you will definitely get a kick out of this game. Even if you've never played a DOOM game before, now is a great time to start.

My ONLY negative is that Battlemode is lackluster. Still interesting but definitely needs some more work.

So all in all, this game is amazing, down to the combat loop, environment, exploration, rewards, story, and more. Rip and tear, until it is DONE!
  66. Mar 22, 2020
    Doom Eternal: The age old and time tested classic returns. For its newest outing. With a different feel and look to Doom 2016 (if I had to put a word on it "Arcadey") this by no means hinders Eternal but pushes it forward and delivers in buckets (of blood and guts). First off the soundtrack is great and quite possibly one of my favourite things about the game. With the heavy music hypingDoom Eternal: The age old and time tested classic returns. For its newest outing. With a different feel and look to Doom 2016 (if I had to put a word on it "Arcadey") this by no means hinders Eternal but pushes it forward and delivers in buckets (of blood and guts). First off the soundtrack is great and quite possibly one of my favourite things about the game. With the heavy music hyping you up and letting you know you're in for (excuse the pun) hell of a time, to the gothic hellish chants upon. The music really sets adds to the immersion factor. That said, as you battle on Earth the dark and heavy feel of the game is momentarily swept away coutsey of a charming sounding female hologram who in her chirpy tone really sells the benefits of a literal Hell on Earth that I found entertaining to listen to and almost willing to invest in due to her confidence and charismatic pitches, but alas demons need brutally slaughtered, so on we push. Visually the game delivers and updates from it's predecessor, with redesigned demons and maps that are detailed and almost picturesque in a hellish sort way. Gameplay is great. The game pits you Humanitys last hope against the hellish demonic legions. Unyielding and relentless in their attack (and that's on easy) leaves you feeling the helplessness of the situation for the Human Race, HOWEVER, you are the slayer, with sickengly well polished and designed mechanics that I'm convinced somebody on the dev team sold their soul, the game may be fustrating and give you the odd game over, however it feels like it was your mistake rather than an op demon or some sort of bug that dammed your soul to the firey depth os satan abyss, loading back in making a few adjustments to your play, be it using another weapon, using more of the given map, using the flamer to get some quick armor or maybe being more liberal with the chainsaw use to get ammo. The game challenges you to play better that gives yoy a sense of accomplishment for pushing through. However I don't feel the journey is over just yet and the unrelenting army of Hell is going to lay quiet for too long. Overall: A must have for any FPS fan, needing intense focus this game won't play nicely with others. Even easy can be a challenge. Expand
  67. Mar 22, 2020
    Insane FPS!
    After 20+ hours and the final battle I felt literally exhausted. The gameplay pace is insane especially on the higher difficulties. Demons slaying is super satisfying. New strategic layer demanding using different weapons against different monsters/weak points is an improvement imo.
    While Doom 2016 looks and feels more serious/realistic, this one is a pure entertainment!
    Insane FPS!
    Loved it's art direction, color palette, arcade-ish approach to pick-ups and UI. If you want some true si-fi horror go (re)play Dead Space, where you are constantly haunted... In Doom Eternal they are haunted, because a Doom Slayer entered the facility!
    Loved both Doom 2016 & Eternal but find the latter more fun and addicting.
    Why 8/10? For two reasons: forced platforming/jumping often annoys, and the game is too short for the money (paid 99 eur for deluxe). More end game activities and/or progression would be appreciated. I know it sounds like a heresy to orthodox gamers, but RPG elements & loot would fit perfectly such game as Doom Eternal. That would truly make it eternal!
  68. Apr 23, 2020
    I really loved the game. It is a gem. They really put a lot of love into his production.
  69. Mar 29, 2020
    the overly negative reviewers of this game get more attention than the positive one but ill give it a shot. Now when i say this don't get me wrong, DOOM 2016 was the best first person shooter back then. But now doom eternal is the new best, it sets a higher bar and new precedent, not only in game play, but in movement mechanics, secrets and easter eggs, demon design, and to many otherthe overly negative reviewers of this game get more attention than the positive one but ill give it a shot. Now when i say this don't get me wrong, DOOM 2016 was the best first person shooter back then. But now doom eternal is the new best, it sets a higher bar and new precedent, not only in game play, but in movement mechanics, secrets and easter eggs, demon design, and to many other things to be listed within the word cap. Its colorful, its arcady, its fun and just great to look at. Makes doom 2016 look like crap in comparison. And to address some of the arguments made by some of the negative reviewers would also not fit in the word cap for the things i have to say about them. but the one thing i will address is "its to cartoony and arcady. if you loved the last game you are going to hate this one."

1st) if you loved doom 2016 so much then i would assume that you would have followed the progression of eternal. and if you did do so the you would know that they were going to go with a more cartoony and arcady art style. if you want a gritty serious game you cans stick with cod, doom 3, and doom 2016, while me and the rest of us will have fun with this game.

2nd) I know its not only me that loved doom 2016 and currently love doom eternal, right? i mean it kind of speaks for itself with the overly positive reviews and all.

tl;dr) doom eternal is a good game. if you are thinking about buying it, just do it already.
  70. Mar 29, 2020
    Fantastic game all around! Doom Eternal wastes no time in getting straight into the action, as you're given a quick intro cutscene before being dropped into literal Hell on Earth. The game is very fast paced when it comes to the combat, requiring you to make split second decisions that can mean life or death. The level design throughout the game as been changed to help you adapt to the newFantastic game all around! Doom Eternal wastes no time in getting straight into the action, as you're given a quick intro cutscene before being dropped into literal Hell on Earth. The game is very fast paced when it comes to the combat, requiring you to make split second decisions that can mean life or death. The level design throughout the game as been changed to help you adapt to the new gameplay style. You'll need to keep moving by swinging, dashing and jumping between platforms and walkways to ensure your victory. This change with the movement coupled with an AI that will show you no mercy make for a shooter that is both fun and a force to be reckoned with. The story is solid as well, giving a little more backstory to The Doom Slayer through cutscenes that are more cinematic this time around. In addition to that Doom Eternal also expands on the Doom lore and answered some questions fans may have been left with at the end of Doom 2016 via Codex Entries. The game has also improved with the graphics as well. While Doom 2016 was designed with more horror elements in mind, with darker environments and a color pallet mostly consisting of brown and red, Doom Eternal has a far more vibrant array of colors. Higher quality textures and model improvements for the demons help them stick out from the background more while also changing up a few designs from 2016 to look closer to their original 1993 designs. With all this the only real gripes I have with the game is I wish it was a little longer and I wish there was more to the multiplayer. I feel Doom 2016 had a story that was longer by maybe a few chapters with definitive Acts in between each major boss. With Doom Eternal I feel like it was all just one really long act. The Multiplayer is also lacking slightly, with only one game mode at the time of writing this it can get stale after a few matches. Overall, Doom Eternal is incredible! With many different ways to replay the game once you've completed the campaign, collectables which give rewards such as high resolution models of all of your enemies and soundtracks from previous ID software titles, on top of a gory mess of fun makes, Doom Eternal my FPS of 2020. Expand
  71. May 12, 2020
    Single player- 10
    Multiplayer- 6 (before first balance patch)

Probably the best single player FPS of all time.
  72. May 23, 2020
    Absolutely loved it! From beginning to end I loved the pacing in which I hear a lot of people didn’t like. But it was definitely a switch up with the plat forming and dashing through the air which is cool and “I” got the hang of it really quick. The problem is people want things to stay say but will complain when something NEW is added into the....it blows my mind! But overall the combatAbsolutely loved it! From beginning to end I loved the pacing in which I hear a lot of people didn’t like. But it was definitely a switch up with the plat forming and dashing through the air which is cool and “I” got the hang of it really quick. The problem is people want things to stay say but will complain when something NEW is added into the....it blows my mind! But overall the combat is sweet, the demons are that much more deadly and stay on you making you react quickly. Level design was dope. Had me looking out of play to see huge statues, buildings etc. I give it a 9/10 because the Multiplayer just wasn’t for me on this one. I loved DOOM 2016 MP as I loved team based 6 on 6 fast combat. Freeze tag was definitely a fun game mode one of my favorites in any game I’ve ever played. But this MP is cool just not for me. Should you pick this up? If your looking for a quick campaign, easy achievements, cheat codes that don’t affect you getting achievements :) and just being a bad*** killing all these demons while listening to this dope music then this game is your type of game. Expand
  73. Mar 29, 2020
    It is a great game. Here are some bullet points for people who aren't sure about buying the game yet.

Pros : Gameplay : Overall, I feel like the gameplay exceed 2016 in mutliple ways. I know some people may not be fan of the monkey bars, but I don't mind them. The climbing wall are a low point though. I feel it enforces you in a vulnerable state where I don't feel totally in control.

Pros :

Gameplay : Overall, I feel like the gameplay exceed 2016 in mutliple ways. I know some people may not be fan of the monkey bars, but I don't mind them. The climbing wall are a low point though. I feel it enforces you in a vulnerable state where I don't feel totally in control. They feel unilateral since each time you see one, it indicates a place you MUST go. The running and shooting feels great (litle hiccups with some elements like props or wall shutting you off or too complicated level art that causes you to hit collision that you did not see). 9/10

Visual : The visual is gorgeous. Perhaps some low points are reuse of some pieces around (like the mechas) or statues with some shader or materials that also could be improve in some places. Other than that, it is mindblowingly stunning. Animation is a treat. FX are awesome. Lighting is delightful. Environments are just crazy. 10/10 for visuals.

Music : 10/10... jesus

Cons :

Overall I feel the game is too stressful. I feel I get PTSD each time I want to get back to play. It is even forcing me to take 1 hour sessions each time. In comparison, I was able to binge 2016. Can't do on this one. It is a con for people that just can't take dying alot and shooting their hearts out.

Some features are just plain frustrating. The first time you play, ammo are just... a nail in the foot. You get around later with the battle patterns and using chainsaw on smaller mobs become's a reflex, but for a time, it is really annoying. The purple glue is frustrating in combination with big fights. The collisions around the pools are not clear, sometimes you get stuck trying to walk out. I would fix the collisions to ease out the player path.

The regular punch.... god. It is by far the most low point of this game. Why model DoomGuy with huge biceps if it just to make him push demons around. Gameplay wise, it is a really frustrating change from 2016 where the punches felt great. Please change this.

Alot of bugs on my playsession. I don't know how ultra-nightmare works, but 2 times i was forced to just reload last checkpoint. If you can't reload lastcheckpoint in that mode, I think it is a game breaker.

I love the game, don't get me wrong. The little nitpicking shows the game high standard. Definitly a buy for people who needs actions and to stump demons around! RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE!.
  74. Apr 12, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Step forward after doom 2016, but i want classic deathmatch! Annoying Kan maykr boss fight, a lot of untold information, no snapmap. But this is the best fps ever Expand
  75. Mar 28, 2020
    So... I'm not in the habit of criticizing or rating a game, but the only brain cell that DOOM haters share made me write this little text ( sorry for spelling, grammar, ect. Not my first language yadayadayada...)

This game is awesome, I finished it, I did the master levels and some online games. The only difficulty comes from the new gameplay, you are as (or even more) powerful than

The only difficulty comes from the new gameplay,
    you are as (or even more) powerful than in DOOM 2016,
    Yeah, there's not much ammunition, but you've got a way to recover it every ten seconds.
    Same with the armor, and the glory kill system is still here,
    the only downside here is that there's not a lot of different animation.

There's more platforming than in DOOM 2016 and so? I personally find that it's not a problem it even helps a lot during the combat phases by making them generally more nervous and intense.
    The platforming phases between two arenas are not even difficult none of them requiring QTE-type interaction (unless you are a bit far from a wall to climb)
    All environments and levels are varied and colorful, not something you can see in 90 minutes of play.

So I recommend this game to all players who are Hungry for fast FPS, gore and guts, and more specifically, for DOOM.

ah and the lore brought is insane but it's DOOM, so lore is irrelevant, unless ??
  76. Mar 28, 2020
    It was as if they took everything great from Doom (2016) and just added a little more to the gameplay that I didn’t know I wanted. Issa mastapeece *chef kiss*
  77. Mar 28, 2020
    I thought this game was gonna be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good.

1) Combat The developers have stated again and again in interviews that they want this game to elicit similar strategies to a game of chess. Each enemy type having specific strengths and weaknesses. And I must say: they succeeded. This idea came through beautifully in the finished product! And it wasn't
    I thought this game was gonna be good, but I didn't expect it to be THIS good.

1) Combat

And it wasn't just the enemies. The Slayer's moveset had some more strategy put in as well! Most notable is the lack of ammo in your reserves. You have very little ammo in this game and you're constantly running out. However, this actually comes off as a plus. Why? Because it gives you the opportunity to unleash your chainsaw on the closest demon fodder! What's more, is that your chainsaw fuel constantly recharges on it's own (and rather quickly too) so you'll never be without ammo if you play your cards right.

2) Style Change

There's been a slight, but very noticeable, style shift from the last Doom game. Its surprisingly silly and cartoony, and I'm kinda into it. A lot more Demon punching slapstick. Plus, the ammo/health pickups greatly resemble the original, magical, floating Doom pickups, giving it a more cartoony/fantasy vibe. A bit of an adjustment from Doom (2016), but all in the service of making the game more arcade fun.

And a bit of a side note: Eternal is a whole lot more colorful, and I totally dig it.

3) Exploration / Level Pacing

In Doom (2016), my biggest problem with the game was that the levels were a slog to get through. This was mostly caused by the fact that I was constantly switching between a combat mindset and an exploration mindset. I'd complete a combat encounter, then explore the area for collectables. This slowed the game down to a crawl.

In Eternal, this isn't a problem. I can safely skip all the collectables in a level and focus on the combat. Why? Because of the simple addition of fast travel; unlocked near the end of each level. Once I reach the end of a level, I can fast travel back to key sections and find everything I need to make my inner collector happy!

And if you don't care about searching the level for weapon upgrades, you can skip exploration entirely! You're awarded these through combat challenges as well. So don't worry if you're not into playing hide n' seek with collectables.

4) Story

Probably the most divisive part of the game are the prominince of the story and cutscenes. Not to worry! If you're not into that, they aren't essential to you're enjoyment, and they're completely skippable. (Except for the opening 30 seconds, but it's not story based or anything like that.)

Of course, if you're like me, you will be very interested to see where the story goes. There's a whole lotta story beats involving the Slayer's past that I think y'all will like. I certainly did. Anyways, its kept rather vague, so if you want to know everything, better bust out those Codex entries.

However, if you're not interested at all in the story there are still some Codex entries you might get a kick out of! Take a look at "History of the Sentinals - Part IX" (Last 2 Paragraphs), "History of the Sentinals - Part XIV" (All of It), and "Super Shotgun" (Last Paragraph). All of those are pretty badass.

5) Summary

The only thing keeping it from a 10/10 are some minor nitpicks. This game is amazing and I highly recommend it.
  78. Mar 28, 2020
    Having played through the entire campaign, I can easily say that this one outshines the first. The hilarious number of "0s" and "1s" from people, many of whom admit to having only played an hour or two, should be an indicator that a bunch of dweebs decided to brigade against it for some reason other than the actual quality of the game. A great mix of action, puzzles and plight platformingHaving played through the entire campaign, I can easily say that this one outshines the first. The hilarious number of "0s" and "1s" from people, many of whom admit to having only played an hour or two, should be an indicator that a bunch of dweebs decided to brigade against it for some reason other than the actual quality of the game. A great mix of action, puzzles and plight platforming that puts a bigger emphasis on fighting strategically than the first. Expand
  79. Mar 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is honestly one of the best FPS games I’ve had ever played before. The movement in this game (for some reason a big criticism about this game) is very fluid especially after getting the “Air Control” rune and combined with the good controls, I like it, but I honestly disagree with about how people say this game focuses on the air movement when in reality it’s **** cool to swing around like a monkey and it’s supposed to help you to get around arena environments easier. Overall I feel like the game does put a lot of pressure on you in terms of ammo, yes I did like how I had a very large supply of ammo in DOOM 2016, but having less ammo ment that I had to be smarter about the weapons I used, since you only have such limited ammo, the game does give you tips for specific characters like for the marauder you need to shoot him when his eyes turn green or for the mancubus that you shoot out his hand cannons, cannons? (plus I loved how fluid the crucible felt like). But obviously you can collect the sentinel crystals all around the game to get more health, armor, and ammo. Something else that came out to me is some people are saying how the story is flat, it’s a doom game, it’s not supposed to be a game based on a huge ass story.

Now my only complaint is about the Battlemode (which gave this rating a 9) Now yes I do know it isn’t the “show” of the game but when I played battlemode for the first time playing as the slayer I was being pretty overwhelmed about the amount of things you have to take in, take for example, needing to pay attention where the demons are, needing to chose the right time to use the chainsaw etc. Those did not really affect me afterwards but some of the demons are pretty strong in there own ways, especially the marauder. But overall, it’s a cool idea, but it was just kind of if ID threw a dart at a board blindly and almost got to the bullseye but didn’t really hit it at all.

But I can highly recommend this game for mostly its campaign. So if you’re thinking of buying the game, buy it, but if you want to waste more money for like the deluxe edition then I suggest looking a bit deeper into the game to see if you like it.
  80. Apr 10, 2020
    Fun and enjoyable no bugs as far as i can see. Alot of content for the price and its challenging witch is a plus.
  81. Apr 20, 2020
    This game is amazing and I think any person who considers themselves a fan of FPS games should buy it. The story is a little over the place but it makes up for the environment, action, and combat and my favorite the music especially in some places there is a heavy metal choir in the background. The game is very intense and fun and hope you try it. The only downside is the fact that ther isThis game is amazing and I think any person who considers themselves a fan of FPS games should buy it. The story is a little over the place but it makes up for the environment, action, and combat and my favorite the music especially in some places there is a heavy metal choir in the background. The game is very intense and fun and hope you try it. The only downside is the fact that ther is many bugs since the game is new. Expand
  82. Apr 23, 2020
    Excelente sistema de combate, brutales ejecuciones y un sistema de mejora que te hace sentir supremo
  83. Mar 21, 2020
    Doom eternal is the absolute best fps I have ever played so far! This game expanded in every single way since the 2016 reboot@ the levels are absolutely incredible! The graphics are beautiful, the sound effects are awsome, the gun sounds are awsome, the enemy design's are absoluty amazingly done. This game isna must have if your a fps fan and its a 10 all day for me!
  84. Mar 21, 2020
    One of the best FPS campaigns of this generation, and the best I’ve played since Titanfall 2. It’s a good time to be stuck at home to slay some demons! It’s imperative that you learn how to use the resource management systems for health armor, and ammo. The platforming sections are good, not great. FPS platforming is always a challenge, and ID almost gets it right. The most importantOne of the best FPS campaigns of this generation, and the best I’ve played since Titanfall 2. It’s a good time to be stuck at home to slay some demons! It’s imperative that you learn how to use the resource management systems for health armor, and ammo. The platforming sections are good, not great. FPS platforming is always a challenge, and ID almost gets it right. The most important thing: this game is fun as hell (pun intended)! Expand
  85. Mar 23, 2020
    Awesome gameplay, very good performance on xbox 1x and interesting story so far , very hard bosses on hardcore difficulty , best FPS so far ! Shut up and take my money
  86. Mar 21, 2020
    Awesome game, non stop action with beautiful graphics, the gameplay is perfect, and the aditional perks make the weapons even more awesome.
  87. Mar 20, 2020
    I haven't been this excited since god of war to review a game. A masterpiece. Best fps in the past 5 years. It doesnt get much better people. Go buy it. Xbox one x.
  88. Mar 21, 2020
    Truly a great sequel to an already great game. It's a little more arcady with pick ups and cheats but it still manages to be fun. Graphics are great just like the first game
  89. Mar 21, 2020
    My Doom Eternal review

Introduction This game is such an improvement since the reboot of doom that was released in 2016. The exploration is better, collectibles and secrets are fun to find and unlock. The sceneries and locations are beautiful to explore and look at whilst the gameplay is the classic rip and tear that intices the lovers like me. Gameplay is fluid at a stable 60fps with no
    My Doom Eternal review

Introduction

This game is such an improvement since the reboot of doom that was released in 2016. The exploration is better, collectibles and secrets are fun to find and unlock. The sceneries and locations are beautiful to explore and look at whilst the gameplay is the classic rip and tear that intices the lovers like me. Gameplay is fluid at a stable 60fps with no slowdown. Glory kill animations are fluid and gory as DOOM can be with variations depending on angle of glory kill. The weakness areas are a cool new thing they added to change up the combat a little. Everything about this game is brilliant.

Story

Without any spoilers the story is absolutely brilliant and doom slayer is bigger and more badass than the previous title. The length of the campaign is at a reasonable length.

To rap this up I can definitely see this being mine and many others goty contenders.

I have no negatives about this game at all so I'm giving the game a full score of 10/10
  90. Mar 22, 2020
    About halfway through the campaign, and countless hours in Battlemode, I can confidently confirm that my high expectations have been exceedingly met. I respect this game, the devs, and demons.
  91. Mar 20, 2020
    The best Doom has ever been! I like how they went with a more story driven story mode, with the gameplay being even better then Doom 2016. The music is spectacular, you feel it ramp up every time you kill a demon! And in my opinion there isn’t a better fps on the market. Doom Eternal is for me a 666 out of 10 would definitely recommend.
  92. Mar 21, 2020
    Great game but they added a little too many puzzles and platforms. I loved Doom 2016 simplicity, this want added too many features. Seriously, get rid of all that COD crap.
  93. Mar 21, 2020
    Gran juego, fluido, frenético, divertido y realmente doom slayer es muy badass
  94. Mar 21, 2020
    Este jogo é muito divertido de se jogar. Os gráficos e o level design estão impecáveis. A jogabilidade está maravilhosa, viciante! Excelente jogo! Recomendo-o!
  95. Mar 22, 2020
    Best way to summarize Doom Eternal.

FPS equivalent of a lighting fast chess match. Hands down most satisfying shooter I've played in years.
  96. Mar 21, 2020
    Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. HollyHolly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Holly hell. Expand
  97. Mar 20, 2020
    Amazing!!!
    The best Shooter of the decade
    Its a great experience and the next generation of first person shooter games, the game is very good, the history it's a great complement
    It's a must play for everyone
  98. Mar 22, 2020
    absolutely awesome game it's a power fantasy on steroids! The only thing I didn't like was so small its unreal. Which is when you pick up a new weapon it's in a green sprite texture. I would have preferred how you recieved weapons be similar to doom 2016, but that doesnt even deserve a downgrade to a 9 in comparison to the beast that is this game.
  99. Mar 23, 2020
    The game is so much fun for different aspects. The game is a follow up to one of the best fps I ever played, doom(2016). The mechanics are based on the previous game and even better. The mechanics of guns make shooting fun and tactical since every gun has in most cases 2 (except the double barrel shotgun and BFG-9000) along with the mounted shoulder grenade launcher. You can upgrade yourThe game is so much fun for different aspects. The game is a follow up to one of the best fps I ever played, doom(2016). The mechanics are based on the previous game and even better. The mechanics of guns make shooting fun and tactical since every gun has in most cases 2 (except the double barrel shotgun and BFG-9000) along with the mounted shoulder grenade launcher. You can upgrade your gun mods as well as the suit and the abilities it has to offer. Also getting ammo and health is fun, by using the chainsaw as a necessary mechanic for getting ammo has made it key and fun since it makes you not only get ammo easy but also fun to watch on how detailed the animations of teared demons are. Also you cannot use it always as it has a cooldown and forcing you to get gather more fuel for higher demons so you don’t spam the thing. As the previous game did it, the glory kills are the way to get health in crucial moments during fights and as it was, the animations are so fun to watch. The game has some nice story though is not as deep as I though but it’s good since the combat and gamplay is the strongest feature. You now have a base which is greatly detailed and has some nice unlockables although it could have more elements that could make it more fun, but it is fun to explore. Overall it has become my favorite FPS of all time and I love what they did to refresh the franchise. Oh and the music is hands down a master piece. This franchise has amazing and talented people behind it, I hope other franchises do what they are doing. Expand
  100. Apr 19, 2020
    Old school arcade action, in a 2020 game. Its gameplay, difficulty, graphics and music are amazing.
    The PC and Xbox One X versions look the ideal quality to enjoy this great game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 33 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 13, 2020
    It may not reach the sublime heights of its predecessor, but Doom Eternal is bursting at the seams with hellacious action.
    An absolutely spectacular game, and one of the early highlight games of 2020. Doom Eternal will make you think as you kill, pushing your mind to its limits. That’s not a bad thing. It’s the perfect trip to hell.
  3. Apr 2, 2020
    Doom Eternal is an outstanding entry in the series marredby a few setbacks. There is a ton of content including one of the best shooter campaigns I have played this generation. The push and pull method of the combat is addictive to master and a blast to play. Everything looks and sounds fantastic and this is a game that makes me smile as a fan since the beginning. While the generation may be coming to an end, Doom Eternal is one of the games that will send it off with a bang.