7.8

1. Nov 29, 2016
    don't believe the trailers or demos - they're quite literally an ad campaign.

10 years in development and we get a game with - ps3-tier graphics - a story worse than FF13 (which was a mess) - an "open world" filled with invisible walls and emptiness - every map aside form the overworld is just a straight line - probably the worst characters in all of FF-series - no real difficulty
    don't believe the trailers or demos - they're quite literally an ad campaign.

10 years in development and we get a game with
    - ps3-tier graphics
    - a story worse than FF13 (which was a mess)
    - an "open world" filled with invisible walls and emptiness
    - every map aside form the overworld is just a straight line
    - probably the worst characters in all of FF-series
    - no real difficulty levels - they're all just as easy
    - the only towns in the game can't even be called towns - there's like 2 streets filled with nothing to "explore"

the only redeemable feature of this game is the combat - and even that gets boring before you beat the main story, which is only ~20 hours if you take your time.
  2. Nov 29, 2016
    The story is lame.... It gets a bit better if you watched the not-in-game stuff like movie and the anime parts.
    The characters .... As some other mentioned, why oh why on earth would they use a similar-to-tokyo-nightclub- gigolo look?

I have been a long time fan to the series. Starting from FF2 through most of the games. (didn't actually get into FF13-2.. and the lightning-return .... )
    Story just go down hill for the FF-series for a long while. (For reference, I found FF13 story "ok". It's not exceptional, but it's still sort-fun to see it develops, masterpieces being the earlier FF, I personally think FF6 has best story. Closely follow by FF3 / FF7 / FF5 / FF8 / FF9 ... FF4 is ok too...)

Magic ... wtf.... just wtf... a fantasy game with magic system so washed down. Limited use? gather from crystals ... really?

Summons ... boy-oh-boy .. one of the worst adoptation of the system. And it doesn't create any awe like knight-of-the-round-table (annoying after the 50 times you trying to kill emerald weapon, but it's still great and instant classic)

If I want to play a tech game, I go watch-dogs. What's with the car shop? that's just brings a (????).

No character development. Look at prompto, he's just bad design. NO depth... only there for comic relief.
    Even sephiroth (being in game showing may be 5% of the time of FF7) has better character than Prompto.

The game feels so incomplete and weird. Not sure why the first day reviews give it so high.
    "amazing story!!" "amazing characters!!" "amazing graphics!!"
    really? how much did those guys got paid?

That being said, the battle system is a nice try. Certain something new and fun in the series. (I personally like the older system more... being traditional and like to control all the characters' actions but that's a personal preference. I also like the FF6's command enter for action as Sabin. )

May be they will release luna as playable character in form of DLC. And other stuff like openworld for the 2nd half as DLC (may be? that could be fun) .. May be a DLC to make the summoning more usable? (that there's supposed a super secret action makes it reliable? ) There's no Tifa, Terra, Aerith, Celes, Leo, Vivi....etc. That is diasppointing.

Leveling and night rest seemed just weird.

Dungeons are not bad on the ones been found.

Music - some are amazing. Especially the songs by Florence + the Machine.

---- This is my first and only review. I normally don't do reviews, but the f--- with all the paid review and the disappointment of this game from the FF series compelled for the review.
  3. Jan 20, 2019
    Mediocre action gameplay, incoherent story, lack of customization and party control. Poor/low character development. Feels like different IP with FF cameos. ie not really FF at all in gameplay and has poor story telling. Only positive is graphics & music..
  4. Apr 7, 2018
    Unfinished Story
    Cut Story elements later sold as DLC
    Bad Battle-system
    Game is worse then FFXIII and that means somethin
  5. Aug 12, 2018
    1 out of 5.
    1 out of 5.
    The Final Fantasy series has been beloved to me, but it’s last pair of non-MMO offerings are deeply concerning. Final Fantasy Verses XIII went into development hell and came out as Final Fantasy XV, a pile of hot garbage that’s at least pretty to look at. Combat is just not fun and takes some getting use to. The story gets the job done, but I’ve long since stopped caring and moved on to better games more qualified of my time. Worst game in franchise history,
  6. Nov 30, 2017
    I got this game last Christmas, poured 12 hours into it before deciding it was boring! The graphics were incredible, the characters like able and the creatures magnificent but the gameplay just isn’t fun. If I’ve learnt anything from my time spent with Overwatch, Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 its that the heart and soul of the game is playing it and having fun.
  7. Sep 4, 2018
    Well, how to begin. This is the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played. There is no story to speak of (it even has wholes and is just illogical), there are no characters to speak of (if they would all die, it wouldn't make a difference, normally you should more ore less care about the characters in a Final Fantasy game), one character especially was oversexualized just … well I really don'tWell, how to begin. This is the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played. There is no story to speak of (it even has wholes and is just illogical), there are no characters to speak of (if they would all die, it wouldn't make a difference, normally you should more ore less care about the characters in a Final Fantasy game), one character especially was oversexualized just … well I really don't know why, Cid looks like she does just to make some men happy. The comments in the game repeat like hell ("The weather …") which is really annoying. The gameplay is just action oriented and no longer kind of round-based like in the older games.
    I really don't know how they heck I beat some of those enemies, it was just button-smashing until I won.
    SqureEnix just totally killed the franchise with this game.
  8. Dec 11, 2016
    I've put nearly 25 hours into Final Fantasy XV and I'm still looking for any semblance of a story. The FFXV idea of storytelling seems to be putting the player into an open world to perform MMO-style fetch and kill quests while piecing together a thin narrative through short, unenlightening, or poorly written main quests.

All of these quests are bound by the travel mechanics of sitting

All of these quests are bound by the travel mechanics of sitting in a car for 2-6 minutes at a time while another character drives (or you can drive! Just hold down the "R" button for that 6 minute ride! There, you're driving, see!) Once you have opened fast travel points it takes the "riding in the car simulator" out of many of the quests, but it never really goes away entirely.

Couple the bad storytelling with shallow characters that don't invite you to invest as a player and you have a recipe for a bag RPG. The new combat system is interesting and one of the few positive points about the game, but when you're playing an RPG for the story, that isn't enough to save it.

Spending 25 hours to feel like I've accomplished nothing at all, despite apparently making significant progress in the story, makes this game entirely unfulfilling. I won't be finishing it.
  9. Dec 7, 2016
    As someone who entered into the series with this title, I feel this game will only be considered a success by people who are blinded by nostalgic filtered glasses. The character design leads much to be desired. These look like the type of guys I used to hate to see at heavy metal shows growing up. They're a couple lip piercings away from being full blown emo. The graphics....my god theyAs someone who entered into the series with this title, I feel this game will only be considered a success by people who are blinded by nostalgic filtered glasses. The character design leads much to be desired. These look like the type of guys I used to hate to see at heavy metal shows growing up. They're a couple lip piercings away from being full blown emo. The graphics....my god they are mediocre. Xbox 360 and PS3 tier at best. Lip tracking is something that I pay attention to in games and this game was a swing and a miss. Its a game that really rides on your investment into the characters development and every time they speak I want to throw my controller at the tv. Is it really that hard in 2016 to have your characters lips line up with the words? The combat system is pretty good, but its not enough for me to brand this game a success. Now, I know that this game isn't meant to be an open world game like GTA or something like that.....but holy crap does driving the car feel clunky. It seems like they put the bare minimum effort into the driving mechanic, which would be forgivable if the rest of the game was a knockout, but it just isn't. Ultimately this game left me so disappointed in the first few hours that idk if I'll give it the second chance it maybe deserves. It just kind of makes me sad that gaming companies now a days think they can just poop out the next installment of a series without any innovation because they know they have a solid fan base and that's good enough. There's a reason this game is a 6.8/10 currently under user reviews and I promise you it's not because its an amazing game. Expand
  10. Sep 4, 2017
    Don't believe all the paid critic reviews out there. This is the most overrated, overhyped, critic-paid-reviewed game I've ever played. The problem with this game is that it's not very fun. The combat system is boring. The menu system is a disorganized unintuitive mess. The open world premise of this game is a marketing a lie, the story and progression are very linear. The characters areDon't believe all the paid critic reviews out there. This is the most overrated, overhyped, critic-paid-reviewed game I've ever played. The problem with this game is that it's not very fun. The combat system is boring. The menu system is a disorganized unintuitive mess. The open world premise of this game is a marketing a lie, the story and progression are very linear. The characters are unrelatable and soulless. What is there to like about this game, exactly? I bought this game on launch for $60 and I gave it an honest try, I forced myself to play it for 3-4 hours, but I just couldn't get into it. It's dull, lifeless, not very fun. I deleted it from my Xbox's hard drive since it's literally a waste of space, now the disc is collecting dust on the shelf. Expand
  11. Nov 30, 2016
    Controls very bad in battle. Huge letdown. This was one game I was sure would be awesome but it's terrible. Camera in battle is terrible. No spells??? Th skill trees are useless. You don't get any skills worth actually using. No fun in levelling up because the skills are hopeless and not worth spending points on.

A game ruined.

Fonts are way too small and hard to read.

Waste of money.
  12. Dec 1, 2016
    This is a different game with Final Fantasy as the title, while it use many of Final Fantasy's assets, it's not a Final Fantasy game.

Gameplay is simplified and a bad story only fit for the younger generation.
  13. Dec 5, 2016
    if you are a fan of the old turn based combat chances are you will get hugely disappointed.
    Lack of characters to join,a terrible combat and magic system plus the terrible frame rate and graphics on xbox one make this game must NOT have.
    STORY VERY SHORT AND DISAPPOINTMENT ALARM! It felt shorter than ff7 disc 1. I couldnt believe that it was so short Big disappointment game is not
    STORY VERY SHORT AND DISAPPOINTMENT ALARM!
    It felt shorter than ff7 disc 1.
    I couldnt believe that it was so short Big disappointment game is not worth 70 wait for 20 euro drop
  14. Dec 2, 2016
    The game is very boring, you can only play as one character, with a choice of several weapons and magics which is less than what FF usually have.

Kingdom Hearts fans may like this game, for REAL FF fans I suggest to avoid this game completely it will NOT meet your expectation at all.
  15. Jan 17, 2017
    FF15 is boring.

The combat is boring, you can just hold buttons, and the camera is mess so if you had fine tune control you wouldn't know what you'd be doing.

The storyline is boring. There's no hook at the start of the game and its endless driving to sandbox areas.

Its very sad FF15 game. It looks good but feels the UI dated.
  16. Dec 4, 2016
    Not sure what game all the 9 and 10 scores are playing, or how much they got paid to do it, but it wasn't this mess.
    -- Main characters are basically guidos disguised as Tokyo nightclub rejects. And I love the horrible accents they all have, and the fact that their "specialties" involve cooking and fishing. Absolutely fits with their excessive hair gel, bad tattoos, and Rico Suave glasses. And that leads to....
    -- A ridiculous story that seems to have been written by, and for, an 8-year-old. The characters are forgettable and their back stories are stupid. And the tropes that the female NPCs fill are truly terrible, and probably offensive to some people.
    -- Combat starts out OK, until you figure out that Wait Mode is more hindrance than help, oh and how about that really nice "difficulty spike" around Act 3, when the Imperial soldiers start to swarm you? And all of the enemies target Noctis, no matter what else is going on?
    -- Your three companions are useless idiots, standing around during combat and never holding enemy attention. Noctis is battered senseless by every enemy on the field, his so-called "abilities" and "magic" doing very little and being completely underwhelming. Enjoy watching his stamina deplete repeatedly as you fruitlessly attempt to avoid 8 enemies, all the time, every fight. Joy.
    -- Graphics are nice enough for the scenery, but characters aren't so hot. All four main characters look like laughable fools, with their stupid outfits and retarded personalities. Even with a decent pixel count, just knowing how idiotic the characters are makes them tough to look at. Quest dialogue is awful.
    -- The "magic" system in this game has to be the worst ever in a Final Fantasy title. Gathering to craft spells? And you can only cast maybe 3 before doing it all again? Not to mention that your three moron companions get damaged by your AoE, so have fun reviving them while they stand in the fire!
    -- The game world is barren and lifeless, except for the so-called "outposts" that are nothing more than a gas pump for the Guido Crew's stupid car. You run around, many times without music, listening to mindless banter between terrible characters, with nothing to explore. Oh wait, you get to pick up a shiny thing on the ground every now and then! Just like EVERY JRPG EVER MADE.
    -- All in all, this game starts out enjoyably enough, but after 15-20 hours starts to really wear you down. Hopeless characters, no help from your supposed companions, repetitive quests, poorly done NPCs, combat that quickly becomes frustrating....not at all what I would expect from Square Enix, to be honest.
  17. Dec 2, 2016
    Unplayable on Xbox One.

I've only logged about 6 hours in the game over 2 play sessions and I'm returning it. Choppy, inconsistent frame rate and horrific resolution. I bet the PS4 version runs consistently at 1080p & 30fps, but you could argue that an action game such as this requires 60fps. I admit, I come predominantly from PC gaming and only turn to console for exclusives. I push
    Unplayable on Xbox One.

I admit, I come predominantly from PC gaming and only turn to console for exclusives. I push 60 fps minimum on a 144hz G-sync monitor where games look smooth 95% of the time. If the performance of this game is par with the industry standard, you're all being duped. That being said, I've seen trailers for PS4 versions that look SIGNIFICANTLY better than what I'm seeing on Xbox One on my 55" TV that has been rated "good" for gaming. Games like Forza run at 1080p & 60fps and look amazing.

Aside from the technical aspects, the storyline has been ok - not great. The characters are average. I feel that the party would benefit from a female or two. Part of the classic FF experience is getting new party members and I think you're just stuck with the same four the entire game. I don't know.

Battle system is shallow. I admit - it does look fun but I can't see what's going on with the terrible performance anyway. You have a bit of rock / paper / scissors with weapon types.

Open world exploring looks promising, but I can't stop comparing it to something like Witcher 3 which is significantly better. Draw distance is huge but probably a crucial reason why the performance is so bad.

Release it on PC or optimize for 1080p @ 60fps and I would likely give it a 7 or 8/10.
  18. Apr 8, 2017
    In January I gave this game a 4/10 for some things but after looking at the positive reviews of the User Score I see that people need to think better of why this game is the Biggest disappointment in Final Fantasy History

Gameplay/Combat: The gameplay of FFXV has become more watered down (and its crazy these are the guys who did the gameplay combat for KH1 and 2) having to only press square or hold to dodge and block and Circle to attack and X to warp strike is fun at first but then doing it over and over again is quite boring especially when the game packs you with Healing items a lot also the enemies mainly stand there and attack randomly also it lack indepth and strategy compared to older FF's 90% of the time even bosses sure there are different weapons you can use in combat but very few are situational. Having team mates to help you is quite random sometimes they help and sometimes they don't , but in our Experience they die 98% of the time MAINLY against bosses with either higher level or lower level (and also to mention that the leveling system is unbalanced with low level enemies can still wreck you at a ton of damage even at LV 99 which is not good balancing) MP or Magic is not what it used to be MP is replaced with your warp strike which is exploitable (you can get up to 200mp Warp strike uses 5-10mp than any other ARPG there are 3 Magic Fire, Lightning, and Ice which are not very good crafting them is such a grind and there are barley any enemies that are weak to magic just use weapons with the magic element previous titles had an expanded amount of magic overall magic is pretty poor even you're team abilities are better and not having to control you're party member until DLC is a painful attempt to expand their game season pass is 30$ it almost feels like SFV again. Oh and did I mention that 4 Summons are a HUGE letdown you can't summon them if you want just wait during battle or be downed.
    Story/Characters: The story of Final Fantasy 15 is the shortest and weakest up to date continuing the downside of FF13 it suffers a Kingdom Hearts Syndrome where you are force to watch the Anime brotherhood and the movie Kingslieve in order to know what's going on like in KH you have to play all the spinoffs to tie the story of KH together. Luna is a wasted character you don't meet her until the last minute by that time she dies you don't get to learn Both her and Noctis relationships nor there past with each other which was a huge letdown, Characters drop off the Map until paid DLC 0_0 Final boss a huge disappointment I don't buy Ayrden or whoever being the final boss because he has little to no backstory. The characters are likeable at first but you can easily tell that they try too hard for you to get attached to the 4 men Noctis,Promto,Ignis,and Galdius where they have little to no back story of how they meet each other (It was never seen in brotherhood) nor did they grew as the story progress PLZ Tales of Berseria (though I wasn't super hyped and had good graphics) had a much better story and character development between Velvet and her party members about how they help her get revenge on Artorious and how Velvet and the others have to face the truths and betrayls and challenges in their hard lifes while still not giving up on each other they may not be Heroe's but it was still awesome that's the development FFXV is missing the Character Development is bland in here they act a bit EMO on the train cutscenes. The Story can be completed in less than 20 hours wow Square congrats.

Content: Usually RPG's would have unique content here in there but in FFXV case its not FFXV has nothing but fetch quest worst than Lightning returns at east in that game there was some fun and character development with side characters only here its basically go get some forgs meet the science lady again pick up some frogs meet her again then pick ups some more frogs ok that can't be too bad oh meet a guy and he tells you pick up some dog tags... :o ok get some repair kits to help people stuck on the road get potions to help injured people it gets repetitive over time. This is why I prefer the Yakuza series with its side content at least you can have fun make a laugh and have emotions to the people you help in the city better than go collect things just because... OPEN World is barren meaning there aren't much citys and the gas stations look pretty much the same and its mostly empty.

Final Verdict: Compared to FFIX that I played and liked before FFXV came out and the 192 users and counting praising this game and saying that this is a masterpiece and I am dumbfounded is how people gave this game GOTY 2016 they should do better research and look what Final Fantasy truly is and not be a fanboy I give FFXV a 3/10 with the cheap DLC packs in order to save this broken glitch mess of the game I think Tabata should learn better and so does the SE defense force you know who they are.
  19. Apr 12, 2017
    The game is beautiful to look at and the monster animations are impressive but it's all just a pretty painting to stare at. For an open world game there is little to no interaction with the gorgeous world you're inhabiting. The camera system during battles is terrible and you can't control what your team is doing. Mostly I just found myself holding the B button since warp-strike controlsThe game is beautiful to look at and the monster animations are impressive but it's all just a pretty painting to stare at. For an open world game there is little to no interaction with the gorgeous world you're inhabiting. The camera system during battles is terrible and you can't control what your team is doing. Mostly I just found myself holding the B button since warp-strike controls miss most of the time and you're pushed away from the battle while your buddies are randomly beating the bad guys. My 8 year old can see this game is terrible and would rather play Fallout 3. Recently got Breath of the Wild and wow what a difference good game design makes. Expand
  20. Jul 21, 2017
    10 long years I waited for this. What are the paid shills who write the 7-10 score reviews saying?

- "A Beautiful Open World" - that you can't even explore openly because of invisible barriers. While some parts are nice (the parts shown in the trailer) most of the world feels barren and empty as if it hasn't seen any attention from the developers. The cities are lifeless and there is absolutely no sense of exploration, any secret area you find usually contains nothing more than a crafting material. Even the need to talk to a NPC merchat is alleviated by allowing you to shop from your car.

- "easy to learn and fun combat mechanics " - yeah its pretty easy to hold a button down to Auto Attack and a button down to dodge. Its especially easy to learn when you its pretty much impossible for you to die - when you "go down" you simply limp about with your MAX HP draining until another party member can bring you back to your feet. Phoenix Down's are also so plentiful that even when my entire party was wiped out "Downed" Noctis was able to throw a Phoenix Down and we are back in business holding Auto Attack and Dodge - SO FUN.

- "a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons" - This i don't get. Its fake depth, with the exception of a few , most weapons are re-skinned melee weapons , the game is essentially a Hack-n-Slash. Magic has been dumbed down to 3 basic elements that can be infused to give bonus effects. (not to mention you have to gather materials to craft the spell) Even the summons have been dumbed down to a RNG chance of occurring.

- "So many side quests you can't hardly focus on the main story (a pro, not a con) and that don't feel at all repetitive" - NOT REPETITIVE? Every single side quest in this game is a shallow attempt at adding depth to a lifeless game. --- Talk to unimportant irrelevant NPC with no memorable quotes or background, go to Point A. Return to NPC. Receive Item. Every "side-quest" has this structure. Think Preston Garvey in FO4.

- "challenging hunts" - the only challenging thing about the hunts in this game is finding the willpower to continue playing the game long enough to reach the interesting hunts.

i'm not going to comment on the story because I personally couldn't find the strength to finish it (stopped at Chapter 11)

People who claim that the bad reviews are from Turn based purists or whatever need to have a serious think about what this game does right. No sense of exploration, simplified and dumbed down RPG mechanics, shallow lifeless world and characters, and don't even get me started on that horrible car.

If you want a real JRPG/RPG don't look to Final Fantasy XV. Its a glorified Hack n slash
  21. Dec 27, 2017
    Really disappointed in this game. I"m a huge FF fan and was so excited for this title. Unfortunately my high expectations were thoroughly dashed, to the point where I sold it back to Gamestop, which I never do, purely because I couldn't stand to have it in my house.

Things I always enjoyed in Final Fantasy games: - Huge, rich, open worlds full of secrets and mysteries - Inventive

Things I always enjoyed in Final Fantasy games:
    - Huge, rich, open worlds full of secrets and mysteries
    - Inventive and deep variety of gear, weapons, magic, and summons
    - A cast of characters that work well together with some strategy and forethought
    - Enemies that a well-integrated use of all the above to defeat
    - Powerful and rare items that you really have to quest hard for
    - A story that is Japanese-weird, but at least happens to you and looks pretty darn epic.

FFXV apparently thought that all of those were tiresome and did away with them, to be replaced with:
    - Huge, relatively empty worlds with a few random monster encounters
    - Getting the best gear in the first couple hours of the game, with little incentive to use anything else (you seriously get the Ultima Blade in Chapter 3)
    - Magic variety cut by 80%, and what's left is more likely to kill you and your team than be of any help
    - Summons only happen in specific fights, take a button press, and you have no input or control
    - Why use strategy when you can just button-mash your way to victory? It's not like the (at best) confusing mess on screen gives you time to do anything else.
    - You can find some gear on side-quests, but only to be a completionist because you already got everything you actually use when you were noob-level.
    - Plot development happens to other people hundreds of miles away when it happens at all. If you really want to understand what's happening you (I'm serious) need to rent their movie, read the comic books, and buy the DLCs.

FFXV throws out everything that made Final Fantasy special and unique, and replaced it with a J-Pop boy-band on a road-trip through a story happening to other people. It aims to answer the question, "What if One Direction played a kid-friendly version of Dark Souls on easy mode?"

I will admit that the game looks beautiful, and maybe if they hadn't branded it a FF game I would have been OK with it. Literally the only clue you have that it's supposed to be a FF game is the presence of Chocobo's, so this would have been pretty easy to do.
    '
  22. Jan 3, 2017
    At times it plays like it's 4 different games, with none of the games being particularly good and each game progressively worse than the previous game.

The main story was incredibly poorly told in cut scenes. It made little sense and took itself way too seriously. The characters ranged from forgettable to annoying (Prompto). The game-play is infuriating. You can get by in combat

The characters ranged from forgettable to annoying (Prompto).

The game-play is infuriating. You can get by in combat with just button mashing. Crafting magic was a hassle. The car controlled just a step above being completely on rails. The camera was constantly getting behind scenery and often shifted focus away from targeted enemies. There were stealth missions, but no real game-play mechanics that made stealth a better option than bum rushing and fighting.

Side quests were boring and generally unrewarding.

Fishing was unnecessary and not at all intuitive with all of the lure types.

The music was decent, but nothing memorable.

The in-game advertisement were just kind of sad and cringe worthy.

Chapter 13 is some of the least fun I've ever had playing a video game.

The sad part of all of this is that a lot of very talented people worked very hard for a very long time on this game.
  23. Dec 3, 2016
    Why am I playing as fashion designer boys in gothic getup instead of a cool looking grizzled guys? These character designers should be fired.

Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get worse than FFXIII, I'm begging to have Lightning back as the playable character.
  24. Dec 6, 2016
    Very bad graphics for the xbox version everything looks blurry as a 480p game
    My eyes hurt playing this game on xbox one with blurry graphics and terrible framerates.
    Im sure ps4 pro version looks and runs a lot better but im waiting for scorpio and play this game there. I dont recommend this game with current gen consoles. Wait for scorpio or if you have money to spent ps4 pro. Xbox
    Very bad graphics for the xbox version everything looks blurry as a 480p game
    I dont recommend this game with current gen consoles.
    Wait for scorpio or if you have money to spent ps4 pro.
    Xbox one version is BAD!
    The game looks fun but not for final fantasy fans.
    Bad graphics
    Bad combat system
    No characters to hire only just 4 gays running around.
    You cant control other party members.
    No tactical feel of the combat just button smashing(this is not final fantasy for fans)
    No female playable characters to hire
    Very short story,I mean really short felt like a demo and the delivery of the story was pretty much immature.
    There was potential but looks like the guys at square have lost fantasy by them selfs and they are not able to create a fantasy game.
    Very good music and voice acting
  25. Jul 21, 2017
    10 years in the making. Perhaps the biggest disappointment of my life. At least it only took 9 months to make my son. . .

1. Mar 8, 2017
    Final Fantasy XV is not the game Square Enix promised us. It’s not an open world game that everyone would enjoy, and even though it looks like they have done a great deal in making it more accessible to newcomers, it has more improving to do. If you are a die-hard Final Fantasy fan, you will have a great time thanks to a beautiful world, easy to learn and fun combat mechanics and a classic story about friendship and love.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Feb 4, 2017
    Its flaws and fun come fro the same tangled history, but the latter easily wins the day. [Feb 2017, p.81]
  3. Jan 3, 2017
    FFXV mostly delivers. While it takes some getting used to, its combat is infectious and fun. Its artwork is utterly breathtaking, and some of its set pieces are awe-inspiring. Its characters are fun and memorable, and the plot is engaging enough to keep pushing you forward. FFXV trips over its own character lore on occasion, with key details either missing or poorly explained, but it's not enough to hinder the experience as a whole.