7.0

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 13, 2016
    It's far from bad but it's also a ways away from great. It does improve the combat system from Gears of War 3 and is a total overall improvement over Judgement BUT the storytelling and amount of content (at launch) is SO weak compared to Gears 3 that it's almost painful. The horde mode is fun but the class system isn't as deep as it could be, and again, the content to be unlock justIt's far from bad but it's also a ways away from great. It does improve the combat system from Gears of War 3 and is a total overall improvement over Judgement BUT the storytelling and amount of content (at launch) is SO weak compared to Gears 3 that it's almost painful. The horde mode is fun but the class system isn't as deep as it could be, and again, the content to be unlock just feels weak. I'm sure after some DLC this game will feel more full, but right now it feel like a step between Gears 3 and Judgement. Expand
  2. Oct 11, 2016
    Ok so. Firstly i want to address the people giving the game a 0 as well as a 10. The game is neither that bad or that amazing. Its a great game and worth every penny but not a 10/10 master piece. Obviously all the 0/10 scores are just fan boys but lets not get into that.

Pros:
    Great Graphics
    Great Gameplay
    Lots of replay value
    A lot to unlock
    Horde 3.0 is a beast
  3. Oct 11, 2016
    Really not sure what game some of these people are playing, but Gears of War 4 is not a "0" out of 10. They have drastically improved combat and brought enough freshness to the franchise to make this new addition interesting. Loving the horde! More challenging than ever! Versus is a rewarding as always! I haven't played Campaign but, so far, I am liking the changes they made. Any score ofReally not sure what game some of these people are playing, but Gears of War 4 is not a "0" out of 10. They have drastically improved combat and brought enough freshness to the franchise to make this new addition interesting. Loving the horde! More challenging than ever! Versus is a rewarding as always! I haven't played Campaign but, so far, I am liking the changes they made. Any score of a "0" is just some idiot trying to sabotage the reviews. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2016
    Un juego excelente, como veterano fan de la saga, tenia mis dudas, al ser un nuevo estudio el encargado de el desarrollo; pero The Coalition realizo un trabajo extraordinario. Un titulo lleno de acción, rejugabilidad y sobretodo sangre. Mantiene la esencia de GOW pero agregando pequeñas mejoras que hacen que se sienta muy fresco. lo "negativo" que podría mencionar es que los personajes noUn juego excelente, como veterano fan de la saga, tenia mis dudas, al ser un nuevo estudio el encargado de el desarrollo; pero The Coalition realizo un trabajo extraordinario. Un titulo lleno de acción, rejugabilidad y sobretodo sangre. Mantiene la esencia de GOW pero agregando pequeñas mejoras que hacen que se sienta muy fresco. lo "negativo" que podría mencionar es que los personajes no son malos, pero no son tan entrañables como el escuadrón delta. Sin duda un juego que tienes que tener, si eres poseedor de un Xbox One o PC. Expand
  5. Oct 11, 2016
  6. Oct 11, 2016
    Are people actually giving this game a rating of 0? lol a 0 rating would mean the game didn't even launch and you couldn't play it hahaha. If you actually put a 0 as your rating you clearly didn't even play it and you're trying to ruin the user score. Metacritic should fix this and confirm users actually have the game to submit a review. Probably a PS4 fan mad he can't play it lol.
  7. Oct 11, 2016
    As expected, the 0 ratings ALL come from people who rated Sony games a 10/10.
    I'm having a blast right now - it's more of the same, sure - but if I want to play Gears, that is exactly what I want, GEARS, not something else.
  8. Oct 14, 2016
    This was absolute garbage. I refunded this the next day. Boring story, dull gameplay, everything seems a bit uninspired. It looks great, but great visuals these days just doesn't cut it anymore.
  9. Oct 11, 2016
    Worse than Judgment here's why:

1. Short campaign. Only about 5 hours. 2. No really outstanding moments in the campaign like fighting the berserker or the Brumak or seeing Kim get impaled or killing General Raam. There's just not much to do except a motorcycle segment that feels really familiar (Gears of War 2 Skorge chase remember?) 3. Why would they remove beast mode? 4. I
    Worse than Judgment here's why:

1. Short campaign. Only about 5 hours.

3. Why would they remove beast mode?

4. I don't like the microtransactions. I much preferred grinding through the game and earning my characters as opposed to it being left to chance.

5. 5 placement matches simply do not compile enough data to be accurately placed into a division. If your team sucks for 1 game, you're getting at best 80%

6. Very little added content to multiplayer. Other than the addition of the grabbing and mantle kicking and countering system (which honestly is pretty useless online) it feels very familiar with different guns and maps

7. The maps are not conducive to many types of play (But make no mistake, there is endless camping). There are way too many open corridors which allow nearly anyone anywhere on the map to respond to an enemy which results in an absolute mess of a game that feels more like a Call of Duty game, and not Gears of War. Considering the tight quarters, constant corners, and hiding spots, it is very obvious this game was designed with the idea that the only gun people should ever use is the gnasher.

8. Horde mode to 50 wave classical feel with classes. I didn't like them back in Judgment, I don't like them here as I feel it is very restrictive and makes for some very rigid, uninteresting, and ultimately predictable gameplay.

9. The Gnasher feels stupidly powerful and can now constantly land headshots even from a distance. There is no real reason to use any other gun other than the gnasher.

This game the shattered body of a once excellent franchise. Please let it die.
  10. Oct 11, 2016
    Boring, un-skippable cutscenes; dull story drones on and on; same old gameplay; many sections of the campaign put you in without the chainsaw lancer; very disappointed
  11. Oct 11, 2016
    Yawwwwnnnn this is just the sames rehashed boring cover shooter we've been playing for years, if you have played the first 2 dont bother and save your money and buy something unique.
  12. Jan 25, 2017
    Gears Of War 4 is a very well optimised 2016 AAA blockbuster video game.

I came across no bugs, glitches or stuttering problems in this game. I absolutely loved the fact i was fighting against A.I. and the graphics are insanely epic especially with a 4k monitor!! The game play was sooo immersing, and also the controls are really swiss!! The characters are awesome, good voice
    Gears Of War 4 is a very well optimised 2016 AAA blockbuster video game.

I came across no bugs, glitches or stuttering problems in this game.

The game play was sooo immersing, and also the controls are really swiss!!

The characters are awesome, good voice acting and dialogue was easy to understand and follow along.

I am definitely looking forward to gears of war 5, that is if it even does get developed.

Overall this Gears of War has never disappointed me!

I will definitely be recommending this Epic game to friends, family and anyone else i know!
  13. Sep 2, 2019
    Great game, New mechanics and and weapons, whit the all badass Marcus fenux
  14. Nov 9, 2019
    Very very good game with great graphics, very good gameplay, and a good story.
  15. Apr 12, 2020
    graficos: 10
    Jugabilidad: 10
    Sonido: 9
    musica; 9
    Me parecio una maravilla en todo aspecto, un gran gears
  16. Dec 26, 2016
    Well don't know why people are giving this game a 0 its not some utter **** ball and I for hell know it isn't no god tier 10 either. I would say Gears of War 4 is a solid 8/10 with a good story that revolves a new cast with cameos of our beloved Delta Squad.

Some pros of the game are great graphics, great gameplay, there is replay value in this game, with the all new yet familiar Horde 3.0
  17. Dec 5, 2016
    Just finished playing Titanfall 2s', Battlefield, and Gears 4 campaigns and Gears 4 is by far the most enjoyable. Sure the writing is average but no worse Titanfall's. The action and variety however is phenomenal. The game is silly, over the top, and most importantly, fun. The only disappointment was the ending but if I had to rank SP campaigns from some of the biggest shooters this yearJust finished playing Titanfall 2s', Battlefield, and Gears 4 campaigns and Gears 4 is by far the most enjoyable. Sure the writing is average but no worse Titanfall's. The action and variety however is phenomenal. The game is silly, over the top, and most importantly, fun. The only disappointment was the ending but if I had to rank SP campaigns from some of the biggest shooters this year it would go

Gears 4 >>Titanfall 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>Battlefield 1.

Online is a lot of fun and offers a lot of different modes including horde which is a mini-game in itself. The graphics are incredible (some of the best this year) and it runs great on both xb1 and PC. Definitely one of the better games released this year.
  18. Oct 25, 2016
    After beating the campaign on hardcore and having about 10-13 hours into the multiplayer I say gears 4 is good but not great. The good : Loved the ending. it has that classic feel of gears 1 in both campaign and multiplayer. It brings back the old delta squad. The multiplayer is fun. The bad: the new cast is not very likable, never got emotionally attached to them as I did to Marcus andAfter beating the campaign on hardcore and having about 10-13 hours into the multiplayer I say gears 4 is good but not great. The good : Loved the ending. it has that classic feel of gears 1 in both campaign and multiplayer. It brings back the old delta squad. The multiplayer is fun. The bad: the new cast is not very likable, never got emotionally attached to them as I did to Marcus and Dom back in gears 1 through 3. I'm not a fan of the new 5v5 in multiplayer I think gears works best in a 4v4 format. The micro transactions. There shouldn't be micro transaction in $60 game with $40 season pass. That's completely unacceptable. Don't like the judgment like wave segments in the campaign. That's what horde mode is for and it shouldn't be in the campaign. To me, gears 4 is a solid 7/10. A good comeback for the gears series but ultimately not the game I hoped it would be. Expand
  19. Oct 13, 2016
    gears 4 ja tinha marcado desde o seu trailer de lançameto que foi muito épico, e conseguiu trazer um ótimo jogo para seus fãs, é um dos melhores jogos do ano, sem dúvidas
  20. Oct 12, 2016
    This is an amazing game. Great story line and graphics. Great multiplayer which brings countless hours of fun after the main story is complete. It is easy to get lost in the horde mode and spend hours playing it. Anyone who is rating this game a zero is completely illogical and is either blind or mentally deficient. This is one of the best if not the best xbox one game released to date.
  21. Oct 14, 2016
    I really don´t know what The Coalition pretended to do with this Gears. The entire game itself looks like an entire Fanservice demonstration from star to end.

The main characters are empty, there is no emotional link between them and the player, mecanically the game feels exactly like the rest of the franchise titles, forcing combat situations and making the scenarios artificial with the only purpose of placing coverages to shooting enemies.

Also the ending doesn´t add a thing to the saga, it´s just a story with new characters, children of the famoust soldiers of the Gears... but thats all.

It´s a game made only for Gears´ fans, not for the the rest of the public, which´s makes the game unafordable for many people.
  22. Oct 11, 2016
    Just finished the campaign on Hardcore mode. It has some of the best moments of any Gears campaign. The combat and and game play are the very best of any Gears campaign. It feels like Gears, but more polished and more modern.

Same with the MP. Classic gears, but smoother and more enjoyable.

Anyone who likes Gears will love this game.
  23. Oct 29, 2016
    The singleplayer was fantastic, with the perfect blend of old and new with loads of polish. The multiplayer didn't really hold me, but it's just not really my style (rolling and hip-firing shotguns all day).
  24. Nov 15, 2016
    Where to begin, okay, this game isn't bad by all means, but however lacking. I bought this game purely for the multiplayer, play with my PC buddies and mainly for TDM. I feel like the multiplayer is lacking, new weapons aren't fun or innovative. The crossplay they promised isn't true crossplay, if youre looking to play competitively with your PC buddies? Not happening, only campaigne,Where to begin, okay, this game isn't bad by all means, but however lacking. I bought this game purely for the multiplayer, play with my PC buddies and mainly for TDM. I feel like the multiplayer is lacking, new weapons aren't fun or innovative. The crossplay they promised isn't true crossplay, if youre looking to play competitively with your PC buddies? Not happening, only campaigne, private, and horde modes. Lobbies aren't rolling, meaning you got to quit after every round and find new matches. They took out the fun guns like sawed off, digger, and mortar. In place of those there are a bunch of non-creative boring guns that we have no interest in picking it up. Maps are brown and rusty all over, not pretty. I get bored of this game after 3-4 matches, as opposed to GOW3, i can play that for hours. I suggest newcomers to wait until they do updates to address all the issue then buy it. Right now it's a snooze fest. Expand
  25. Oct 12, 2016
    Pretty much everything you could ask for in a gears reboot, harder enemies, refined combat, and an interesting cast of characters with an interesting story for the game. The few things off though about 4 is the main character, who could be more captivating because you want to like him and chances are you will a little but he also comes off as generic at times, the story could've used morePretty much everything you could ask for in a gears reboot, harder enemies, refined combat, and an interesting cast of characters with an interesting story for the game. The few things off though about 4 is the main character, who could be more captivating because you want to like him and chances are you will a little but he also comes off as generic at times, the story could've used more scale too considering considering the first game opened up with you in prison tagging bodies and the intro was probably one of the most epic ideas for 4 too as it adds perspective to what lead to the main events of the game from a really good gameplay perspective but afterwards it's a more personal and sort of different tone to gears that feels very fallout 4ish which could turn people off but is actually executed well it's just different enough to turn some people off. Expand
  26. Oct 12, 2016
    Fun level in the first 60 mins : 10
    Fun level after 30 hours : 8,5
  27. Oct 12, 2016
    From a fan that only played the first Gears of War: 10 Years Ago

I originally didn't think it was worth spending $91 CDN on a video game, but I had the extra cash this time. The last time I played Gear of War was Christmas of 2006( thankful my parents didn't mind getting me 'M' rated games at the age of 15) and it was my favourite 3rd-person shooter that I had ever played. It's been
    From a fan that only played the first Gears of War: 10 Years Ago

It's been close to 10 years now and I angrily waited as it took an hour from the moment I put the disc in the slot until I was able to boot up the game (Still think this is the dumbest thing about current gen consoles. Why on earth can't I pop a disc in and play immediately?) I selected the campaign and chose the 'hardcore' difficulty because sometimes a game can be less fun if it's not a challenge (remember; games were created to provide a challenge) The initial cut-scene rolls and I'm hooked right away. I am transported right back to how I felt 10 years ago watching the first cut-scene. The campaign is superb and has plenty of memorable moments that will stand out among many other shooters today. Horde mode is something I can't touch base on because I have never played and don't know what it can be compared to, but I can tell you that it is fun as hell.

The real stand out for me though is the multiplayer. There hasn't been a good competitive 3rd person shooter since the first GoW in my opinion. The multiplayer feels just like it did except much more polished with better weapon balances and map design. I will be spending much of my winter bouncing between this and Battlefield 1 for all my shooter needs.

TL;DR
    If you loved the first Gears of War than buy the game. It is a refreshing experience in an over-saturated market of shooters. This one stands out among the crowd and will serve you with a lot of joy from The Coalition and Microsoft.
  28. Oct 11, 2016
    This is my first to play such game. Very exciting for me. Totally change the my opinion of video games.Finally,I understand why boys always like video games:)
  29. Oct 12, 2016
    pros- great story, good characters, looks beautiful, great multiplayer, horde mode three point o is the highlight I could play that mode for hours truly a blast to play. If you are a gears fan this is a must own
  30. Oct 13, 2016
    This is Gears of War polished to perfection. It's the Gears of War we dreamed of when we were playing those glitchy messes of the old generation. Regardless we loved them. Glad to see it back and done right.
  31. Oct 14, 2016
    it's maybe one of the best shooter experiences i've got from this generation. I haven't binge played a game this way since the witcher 2 came out: simple but great mechanics, the campaign advances a little slows but never feels boring and keeps getting better and better, new interesting weapons, a more personal story than in previous GOWs, nice new enemies, smarter AI and very, veryit's maybe one of the best shooter experiences i've got from this generation. I haven't binge played a game this way since the witcher 2 came out: simple but great mechanics, the campaign advances a little slows but never feels boring and keeps getting better and better, new interesting weapons, a more personal story than in previous GOWs, nice new enemies, smarter AI and very, very challenging to play in higher difficulties, and the best of all, haven't found not even a single bug or crash (a topic very recurrent in this gen). A real must buy for Gears fans. Yet still needs a little more. There's no shoulder swap button, they've totally erased the kickback on the retro-lancer, making it just another lancer, there's no corner cover movement, but stills plays like a wonder. one of the best games of this gen. Great game Expand
  32. Oct 29, 2016
    gears of war mechanically is a good game, all the new weapons feel good and the game feels awesome, the problems i have are with the story and the progression system. The story is meh and i didn't connect to the characters. The progression system is what really bugs me. Me and my brothers played all night and then i had to play half of the next day just to unlock one pack, and all i gotgears of war mechanically is a good game, all the new weapons feel good and the game feels awesome, the problems i have are with the story and the progression system. The story is meh and i didn't connect to the characters. The progression system is what really bugs me. Me and my brothers played all night and then i had to play half of the next day just to unlock one pack, and all i got from that where boosters and a single emblem...... if your going to make the only way to unlock things through packs than you have to make it so people can get them in a reasonable time Expand
  33. Oct 11, 2016
    Haven't played gears of war since the first two, still an awesome game, love the fast pace cover base shooting, still kind of the same but very refreshing.......
  34. Oct 11, 2016
    This Game is amazing! Multiplayer mode is so awesome! They took the best parts of each gears Games and put them in one. Horde is at its best, multiplayer is smoothest it has been and campaign is very enjoyable.
  35. Oct 12, 2016
    We had to wait a while but a proper new Gears of War game is finally here. It's magnificent. 11gb day one patch aside (which was annoying), I managed to pump in about 10 hours since yesterday already (not counting the time I played in beta and early access). The single player is solid, with some great set pieces and great characters, but the multiplayer is where it's at. The best gearsWe had to wait a while but a proper new Gears of War game is finally here. It's magnificent. 11gb day one patch aside (which was annoying), I managed to pump in about 10 hours since yesterday already (not counting the time I played in beta and early access). The single player is solid, with some great set pieces and great characters, but the multiplayer is where it's at. The best gears multiplayer game ever and quite possibly the best multiplayer game in the last few years. The maps are incredible. Great balance, visually stunning and always something new to learn and new routes and locations to use depending on how the game unfolds. I can easily see myself putting in a few hundred hours. If ever played a Gears game and liked it (regardless of single player or multiplayer), you will like this. If you never played a Gears game, but are curious, it's a great title to get into the franchise. Expand
  36. Oct 11, 2016
    So far so good. The campaign is has been great so far. I am enjoying the characters but have quite a bit to play still (Insane). Multiplayer is back baby! Of course loving that. It's amazing and so frustrating at the same time. Playing on PC at least I don't have a controller to throw anymore. Instead I can smash my keyboard lol.

Honestly though my biggest praise is for how well it runs

Honestly though my biggest praise is for how well it runs and functions on PC. This game has full 21:9 which is rare for some AAA developers. Not only does it support it but the UI and load screen fully support it as well which is hardly ever seen in some cases. The graphics are amazing as well! Gears has never looked so good and some of the special effects are amazing eye candy. Tons of fun set pieces from that campaign. The 60fps or beyond is also great, super smooth. It doesn't support SLI yet. Which is fine since my 1 card is handling the game fine.

So overall. The game runs amazing on PC. It's super fun and the multiplayer is great! Game needs SLI support and there are some minor bugs and what not that need patched in the future. Still loving the game though! If you are a Gears fan you will enjoy it for sure.

Oh, and I love all the 0's from fan boys and haters. Thanks bro's! Game is still going to be very successful!
  37. Oct 11, 2016
    A VISUALLY STUNNING GAME that has graphics to ALMOST RIVAL UN CHARTERED 4 as Iv'e played that as well. gears 4 has some of the best cinematic & cut scenes in the business & the weather effects are simply JAW DROPPING. I thought multiplayer was a bore though but HORDE MODE & COOP was loads of fun with friends. gears 4 CAMPAIGN GETS A LITTLE RINSE AND REPEAT & could be better but over allA VISUALLY STUNNING GAME that has graphics to ALMOST RIVAL UN CHARTERED 4 as Iv'e played that as well. gears 4 has some of the best cinematic & cut scenes in the business & the weather effects are simply JAW DROPPING. I thought multiplayer was a bore though but HORDE MODE & COOP was loads of fun with friends. gears 4 CAMPAIGN GETS A LITTLE RINSE AND REPEAT & could be better but over all this game looks and PLAYS GREAT. :)))) Expand
  38. Oct 11, 2016
    Gears of War 4 plays things close to the chest by honoring the past without forging to heavily into the future. Fans of the previous games will have plenty to enjoy in this sequel to Gears of War 3. The only reason you're not going to love Gears of War 4 is because you didn't like any of the previous games or grew tired of the formula the series stuck to, which is this game's greatestGears of War 4 plays things close to the chest by honoring the past without forging to heavily into the future. Fans of the previous games will have plenty to enjoy in this sequel to Gears of War 3. The only reason you're not going to love Gears of War 4 is because you didn't like any of the previous games or grew tired of the formula the series stuck to, which is this game's greatest criticism. One thing that has notably improved: the narrative. For the first time in the series I found the story to be more interesting and the characters within it to be more relatable. The Coalition, the studio behind this game, basically treat Gears 4 like The Force Awakens: staying true to source material as they figure out how to build something that will please the fans and help usher them into a new era. Now, it's time for Gears to find its new center and surge into new territory or it could quickly become a shadow of its former self. Expand
  39. Oct 11, 2016
    You want to play a gears of war? This is a gears of war, like the original trilogy, and the performance is perfect in Windows 10! BTW: the online works perfect ;)
  40. Oct 11, 2016
    Gears of War 4 is the best game of the year. This is the best game in the franchise. The story is top notch. This game has the best, most vivid graphics of this console generation so far. The new weapons, such as the Dropshot, add a lot more variety and interest to the game. The multiplayer is taken to a whole new level above and beyond previous Gears games. The new modes, such as ArmsGears of War 4 is the best game of the year. This is the best game in the franchise. The story is top notch. This game has the best, most vivid graphics of this console generation so far. The new weapons, such as the Dropshot, add a lot more variety and interest to the game. The multiplayer is taken to a whole new level above and beyond previous Gears games. The new modes, such as Arms Race, are a welcome addition. Every game mode has features added that make it better. The ability to stun an opponent by grabbing them over barriers or by vaulting over a barrier add a really cool gameplay element. Previous Gears games have had problems with balance, fairness, and levels of aggravation. This game corrects everything wrong with the previous Gears games and adds so much more. Everything that the developers set out to do with this game was achieved. This game comes with my highest recommendation. This is one of the best games in a long, long time. Expand
  41. Nov 21, 2016
    just meh. more of the same and it has a lot of multiplayer issues with chat and building full teams. i've been a huge gears fan for the whole franchise but this game has jumped the shark and horde mode just isn't played by co-operative players with mics anymore.
  42. Oct 11, 2016
    I bought the first GoW when it first launched. Played about 15 minutes before throwing to the "maybe play later" game pile. I found it too grey/brown to make it enjoyable visually. Never did get back to playing it.

Fast forward 10 or so years, after seeing TV ads for GoW4 I threw caution to the wind and decided to get GoW4 UE (because I'm a completionist) to check it out. I must say so far so good. Visually it's much better. Characters are entertaining. Combat is fun (playing on Normal) although I find not having an auto-aim to be a tad annoying. I also find some of the controls to be unintuitive so slides, jumps, hand-to-hand fights don't happen very often for me. Audio is also excellent. Since the UE includes codes for the first 3 games plus some other GoW variant, I just may go back and play those too one day.
  43. Oct 11, 2016
    GERMAN / DEUTSCH
    Es ist ein Perfektes Gears of war 4 - Sau Geil .
    JEDER XBOX ONE BESITZER MUSS DAS SPIEL GESPIELT HABEN !
    KAMPANIE 10/10
    Grafik 10/10
    MULTIPLAYER 10/10
    Steuerung 10/10
    TECHNIK 10/10
    GESAMT NOTE : 10/10 +++++STERNE
  44. Oct 11, 2016
    Com toda certeza o jogo mais bonito feito para Xbox, além disso, é a continuidade de uma das franquias mais importantes para o mercado de games apresentado para uma nova geração, mas sem perder a sua essência.
  45. Oct 11, 2016
    La primera parte de la campaña es un poco floja pero divertida sobre la mitad del juego la campaña se vuelve muy interesante y con un fuerte argumento, la única pena es su duración cuando en otros "Gears of war" la campaña tenia una media de diez horas o incluso más, este apenas me ha llegado a las seis horas y media. El juego lógicamente tira mucha de "Marcus Fenix" ya que en mi opiniónLa primera parte de la campaña es un poco floja pero divertida sobre la mitad del juego la campaña se vuelve muy interesante y con un fuerte argumento, la única pena es su duración cuando en otros "Gears of war" la campaña tenia una media de diez horas o incluso más, este apenas me ha llegado a las seis horas y media. El juego lógicamente tira mucha de "Marcus Fenix" ya que en mi opinión sobretodo "JD" y "Del" de momento no son personajes demasiado carismáticos y no tienen demasiado argumento al contrario que Kite. El multijugador esta muy bien y es más parecido a Ultimate edition que a Gears of war 3 y el modo horda viene a ser una mezcla de Gears of war 3 y Gears of war Judgment (A mí me gustaba mas la de Gears of war 3 aunque a la horda de Gears of war 4 apenas he jugado un par de horas). Bueno mi conclusión final sería que este es un buen juego para los que se quieran introducir en la saga y a los verdaderos fans que no se esperen el mejor Gears of war pero estoy seguro que tampoco les decepcionará. Se nota que se están enfocando cada vez más en el multijugador que realmente eso no es malo, pero que no olviden que Gears of war su esencia esta en la campaña y espero que no coja el rumbo de dejar a la campaña de lado. Este sería mi tercer Gears of war favorito naturalmente detrás del mítico Gears of war 2 y del gran Gears of war 3. Mi nota final 8/10. Saludos. Expand
  46. Oct 11, 2016
    This is easily one of the best games this generation. The most bang for you buck you can get hand down. Solid campaign with fantastic multiplayer options to boot including Horde and Versus with plenty of maps and modes. To top it off, every mode in the game, including campaign, is playable in split -screen or online, or both at the same time for Horde and Versus. Hardly any games thisThis is easily one of the best games this generation. The most bang for you buck you can get hand down. Solid campaign with fantastic multiplayer options to boot including Horde and Versus with plenty of maps and modes. To top it off, every mode in the game, including campaign, is playable in split -screen or online, or both at the same time for Horde and Versus. Hardly any games this generation go the extra mile to put that in. The graphics are very solid too, especially some set pieces in the campaign involving the newly implemented weather system Gameplay is super solid and satisfying. Roadie running, nailing active reloads, cover hopping, and executions have never felt smoother. Yes, it is a lot like the other Gears games, but that doesn't make it generic. It has a couple new moves, new executions, weapons, maps, new characters and story, obviously new enemies, and the windflares in the campaign. The way I see it all shooters have been pretty much the same for 10 years or more and I feel the Gears franchise does enough to stand out from the rest with its movement system. Yes, some parts in the campaign get a little repetitive in the beginning, but that's really hard to avoid in shooters, and is one of the few things that keep this from being a 10 in my eyes. Expand
  47. Oct 12, 2016
    I just finished the campaign and I love it. It was incredibly fun to play through. Since it is my first Gears of War game, I played through it on normal difficulty so I could get warmed up to the style of gameplay. As a new player to the franchise, this difficulty presented just enough of a challenge that it was not easy but also not so challenging to the point of frustration at gettingI just finished the campaign and I love it. It was incredibly fun to play through. Since it is my first Gears of War game, I played through it on normal difficulty so I could get warmed up to the style of gameplay. As a new player to the franchise, this difficulty presented just enough of a challenge that it was not easy but also not so challenging to the point of frustration at getting stuck. I enjoyed this game so much I'm now playing through the first Gears of War for the first time and on hardcore difficulty, and I intend to do that with the second and third entries before I replay Gears of War 4 on hardcore difficulty also.

The bottom line is it that Gears of War 4 is a great game and the campaign even includes segments of horde mode that help prepare you for the actual Horde mode that is separate from the campaign. Very happy I bought the game and I think it is well worth your money and time.
  48. Oct 11, 2016
    Best gears yet, BUY it just Buy it no regrets.

I feel sorry for ps4 players how they praise 2 old games over and over and xbox users get games like this.

Story better then most Movies

there 3 shooters worth playing :
    Halo5,Gears4 and Rainbow six
  49. Oct 12, 2016
    O jogo está perfeito mantiveram-se as mecânicas clássicas que foram bem aprimoradas, os personagens novos também estão ótimos, sem falar nos novos inimigos. O multiplayer continua divertido e competitivo. O enredo eu achei mais fraco em relação aos antigos Gears, mas está ótimo e nos mostra que a Coalition não teve medo de inovar. Obrigado a Microsoft e principalmente ao Rod Fergusson porO jogo está perfeito mantiveram-se as mecânicas clássicas que foram bem aprimoradas, os personagens novos também estão ótimos, sem falar nos novos inimigos. O multiplayer continua divertido e competitivo. O enredo eu achei mais fraco em relação aos antigos Gears, mas está ótimo e nos mostra que a Coalition não teve medo de inovar. Obrigado a Microsoft e principalmente ao Rod Fergusson por se manter leal a saga Gears. Expand
  50. Oct 11, 2016
    Story - The campaign is too average for me and nothing really was surprising and exciting except the last part where you use the ROBOTS!! Damn good! Story-wise is so dissapointing since no questioned where answered and nothing really happened in the main campaign other than reintroducing the old characters post GOW3 and introducing the new protagonist. The main guy JD isnt as cool andStory - The campaign is too average for me and nothing really was surprising and exciting except the last part where you use the ROBOTS!! Damn good! Story-wise is so dissapointing since no questioned where answered and nothing really happened in the main campaign other than reintroducing the old characters post GOW3 and introducing the new protagonist. The main guy JD isnt as cool and charismatic than his pop the legendary Markus Fenix and looks like a rip-off nathan drake wannabe of their rival exclusive U4. Its campaign and storyline is a 6 for me at most.

Gameplay - First of all, GOW4 is still THE best 3rd person shooter in the gaming industry. However, nothing new was implemented gameplay-wise and it is still your typical 3rd person cover based shooting. Yeah, I know they're still the best, but becoming stale at that style never really helped and as a fan of the series, nothing exciting came out. The new guns are a plus though. Ill give them a score of 8 in here.

Multiplayer - Now for the game's main strength, first and foremost. THANK YOU FOR THE **** SPLIT SCREEN!!! I miss the old days when you can play with your pals in your own house and just enjoy the fan, Next the modes are all good and interesting, especially the famous and fan-favorite HORDE MODE! This aspect is obviously a 10 for me.

Total = 8

I know the saying "Don't fix what's not broken" and tbh, coalition's decision not to over complicate GOW4 compared to what 343 did to the Halo series is much better. However, doing no such risks alsp makes a game stale and lackluster considering this series has had 4 games in its belt and obviously, the gamers, both the casuals and fanatics will someday feel bored cause of the same mechanics all over again. Regardless, GOW4 is a recomended buy for the fans of the franchise if you prefer the old school gears style of game. It is also welcoming to new players.

PS to those Ponies : Stop putting zeroes in the game and at least try to play it. Its a good game and totally worth your time. Play the PC version if you dont like xbone.

PS to those Xboners : Just admit the game is not better than U4, Its not even better the previous gears game in terms of epicness. Its not close considering Coalition isnt even near Naughty Dogs legacy in the gaming industry.
  51. Oct 12, 2016
    Finally a game that doesn't try to cater to a larger audience than its fanbase (coughtitanfall2cough), or leaves out core features that made previous entries in the series great (looking at you there halo-no-couch-coop-5).

This game is more gears with some new additions, among which a pretty cool new horde mode. If you're expecting revolution, stay away. If you want more gears like I did, you will have a blast.
  52. Oct 17, 2016
    Amazing game, each level with new surprises, new enemies. Old gears style, tower defense and other new things to do. Jogão, tem tudo o que o Gears deveria ter e com várias adições.
  53. Oct 12, 2016
    Best xbox exclusive so far.
    Cover system works perfect, the new additions (grab a kill, etc). transitions from the old character to the new ones is really well done, the music and voice acting is great.
  54. Oct 11, 2016
    so far one of the best Games this Year. Fantastic Graphic, Good Music and Perfect Game play.The Only negative Point ist the playtime and the end. 1-2 Missions more for a better "end" would be better.
  55. Oct 12, 2016
    Very good game,decent campiagn , superb multiplay!I think 9 is a fair score. But,too many sony fanboy give it 0, maybe 10 should be fair.By the way , I just cant understand why meta allow such malicious behaviour.
  56. Oct 11, 2016
    You know the game is good when salty PS fanboys come to lower the score with stupid 0 out of 10 scores.Clear buy for Gears fans :) ...................
  57. Oct 11, 2016
    Haven't had a chance to play (yet, still waiting on Amazon to ship it), but given the amount of 0s this game has from Sony fanboys, I think it deserves a 10. Super hyped, and can't wait!
  58. Oct 11, 2016
    It must be a 10. The HORDE 3.0 is incredible !!!! I really love this game . BY the way XPA is very generous.MY gtx970 sli works well.I cant understand why someone give this game a 0???You really play it???
  59. Oct 11, 2016
    When it comes to console exclusives there is going to be a lot of biased reviews. In no way does this game deserve a 0 but it also doesn't deserve a 10.
    Technical difficulties- My game did crash and freeze a couple times but it wasn't too big of a deal
    Campaign- I personally was very disappointed in the campaign. It didn't take that huge step like I expected. The story isn't great nor is the writing for this game. I didn't feel emotionally invested in the characters like I did in Gears of War 1 and 2. I also thought there were too many wave/turret defense scenarios.
    Graphically- the game looks phenomenal and that's all I really need to say about that.
    Horde 3.0- great new additions to horde, I wasn't all that hyped for horde but it is pretty fun.
    Multiplayer- its great as always. The movement feels very smooth and much better in this game. The new weapons and game modes are great. I like that there are a lot more weapon skins and character skins to choose from. The hit detection has sometimes been a problem in past games but it feels like its pretty good in this game.

Overall- 8.2 out of 10.
    Id recommend this game. If it wasn't for the disappointing campaign I would probably give this game a 9 out of 10. Multiplayer and Horde definitely make up for the campaigns shortcomings and its one of the best looking games out there.
  60. Oct 13, 2016
    How to prevent SONY FANBOYS from leaving low ratings: I wish Metacritic could somehow require that your Metacritic profile link to your Xbox Live and PSN account. In essence, if you don't have a profile with either one, you CAN'T review games for that console. I'm sure it wouldn't work perfectly, but it would, at least, reduce the number of false negative reviews. I, myself, have bothHow to prevent SONY FANBOYS from leaving low ratings: I wish Metacritic could somehow require that your Metacritic profile link to your Xbox Live and PSN account. In essence, if you don't have a profile with either one, you CAN'T review games for that console. I'm sure it wouldn't work perfectly, but it would, at least, reduce the number of false negative reviews. I, myself, have both consoles so I have no reason to blast games on either.

Now, on to my GoW4 thoughts. As far as the story goes: While it's short, it's my favorite in the series. It's funny, and action packed. I just hope that they can make 5 longer. There is so much variety that they introduce in the campaign that they really can make it longer.

As far as gameplay goes... it's tight. This is a Gears game fo sho. I was worried, what with the new studio taking over. My worries are gone. This feels just as good as the first time I played GoW1. I would give it a 9 only because the story should really be a 10-12 hour length. But its just over 6 and a half hours. I'm giving this a 10 just to counter all the fanboy reviews.

As far as transitioning to the new characters from the old. Think of Star Wars episode 7 and how it was done there. Masterfully passing the torch.

The multiplayer is a blast as well. New modes, familiar settings. Bring on the hours of fun!
  61. Oct 11, 2016
    In short it is gears of war. There are a couple of new elements and Horde mode has been tweaked, but it is still the same type of game. If you are coming to this game looking for a complete overhaul then don't. It still has the same gameplay, it still has the same mechanics and controls, with only a few extra tweaks.
    Now the game. The campaign is fantastic and is around 7-8 hours in
    Now the game. The campaign is fantastic and is around 7-8 hours in length, which is a bit longer than the first instalment. There are new elements, but it is essentially the same core game as previous instalments. Horde mode has been tweaked to add a fabricator, where you earn credits to buy fortifications. Multiplayer is similar to previous with more maps. It should be taken into account that ALL future maps are free. The coalition will add 2 new maps per month for the next years and put them on a rotation in the multiplayer and horde modes.
    Multiplayer and campaign has co-op, LAN and online capabilities, which is better than pretty any other recent offerings.
    Overall a fantastic game and highly recommended.
  62. Oct 11, 2016
    The Coalition, welcome to the xbox family. They have truly earned their place with Gears 4. I personally think this is the best title in the franchise. The graphics, story, and mechanics have improved so much that it almost feels like a new franchise. The new characters, while I was skeptical at first, are a great addition or should I say evolution to the game. Just as the swarm haveThe Coalition, welcome to the xbox family. They have truly earned their place with Gears 4. I personally think this is the best title in the franchise. The graphics, story, and mechanics have improved so much that it almost feels like a new franchise. The new characters, while I was skeptical at first, are a great addition or should I say evolution to the game. Just as the swarm have evolved so has the series. Not only is the campaign amazing (with couch and online Co-Op), Horde 3.0 and multiplayer are also the best in the series and I cannot wait to see the new maps. At $60 this game is great value. it comes with all the multiplayer maps, as they are rotated in throughout the season. the season pass gives you visual and gun packs similar to those in halo 5 and the ability to use all maps in a private match. A must buy for any Windows 10 or xbox one gamer! Expand
  63. Oct 12, 2016
    Brilliant game. Maps, art, Sense of 3D environment is well done. Weapon balance is different and successful. Riotous carnage, looks great and sounds great on standard xbox one. Great job!
  64. Oct 12, 2016
    Naturally ps4 fans are still reeling from the unequivocal failure that was no mans sky, and many other underwhelming titles of late. So here we see them, in their natural environment, trashing other platforms and games with downvotes. Gears 4 is amazing. Yes it's familiar, no the gameplay hasnt been revolutionised, but it is GEARS OF WAR. The coalition have made a ballsy move by notNaturally ps4 fans are still reeling from the unequivocal failure that was no mans sky, and many other underwhelming titles of late. So here we see them, in their natural environment, trashing other platforms and games with downvotes. Gears 4 is amazing. Yes it's familiar, no the gameplay hasnt been revolutionised, but it is GEARS OF WAR. The coalition have made a ballsy move by not changing a game in a generation that thinks change is necessary and think more is more. More is not more, look at the state of halo. It's a mess. We don't need jetpacks and weird new mechanics messing with an already solid franchise. This game gets it so right, changes just enough to be fresh, and little enough to appeal to hardcore gears fans. Thank you for not doing what 343 did to halo, to gears. Thankyou for not ruining my fav franchise. Also, thanks for those graphics. Theyre gorgeous. Just as nice as uncharted 4. Expand
  65. Oct 11, 2016
    Normalmente não faço questão de escrever nenhum review nesse site pois acho o sistema de user score do Metacritic uma grandessíssima merda. Mas como a Sonystada resolveu em peso pagar de demente mais um vez nessa maravilhosa internet eu vou dar 10 para um jogo que eu nem acho que mereça essa nota apenas para combater a escrotidão que é essa raça do caralho.

Metacritic deveria linkar o

Metacritic deveria linkar o Facebook dos virgens com a conta, além de exigir o gamertag / psn id antes de liberar um débil mental de dar sua opinião sobre algo.

Sonystada, vai tomar no olho dos vossos cus bando de filhos da puta do caralho.
  66. Oct 11, 2016
    Fantástico juego; el Gears que esperaba tras tantos años aguardando una verdadera secuela al Gears 3. No hagáis caso a los click baits de revistas y usuarios castigando sin sentido al mejor shooter del momento.
  67. Sep 4, 2019
    Gears of war 4 is Gears of war in the purest expression. Incredible graphics, improved control, new modes, improved horde mode, a campaing with a slow beginning but incredibly enjoyable, and with split-screen the experience is a lot more fun.
  68. Oct 12, 2016
    Actually I didn't want to buy this game because I've heard that Coalition said that the game would be similiar (gameplay etc.) to the first games.

After all, my opinion totally changed:

Awesome, cinematic campaign and a stunning multiplayer which makes really fun to play. Everthing is made perfect with the awesome graphics, they really made the best they can with the Unreal Engine!!
  69. Oct 11, 2016
    This is a Gears game for Gears fans. I am a die hard fan and loved this game. It had a very "The Force Awaken"s feel to it, and it had to as it is starting a new generation of Gears Games. Its different, and it is good.
  70. Oct 12, 2016
    1. All of the reviews that give a "0" rating are just salty PlayStation fanboys who just want to bring the rating down.
    2. This game looks and plays amazingly.
    3. 4K upscale with true HDR graphics are stunning.
    4. This game will be up there for game of the year.
  71. Oct 11, 2016
    Campaign is less epic then the original story, but it is still great. Horde mode is always fun and they improved the game mechanics even more. But the multiplayer is where this game shines. Great gunplay, great maps, great everything. Every gear fans will spend 100+++ hours on this game.
  72. Oct 11, 2016
    this game is amazing. put in over 50 hours and new comers will love this game to. 10/10 for this game easily, best graphic game on xbox one at the moment, story is amazing and horde and verses have never been better. characters like JD and Kait add great story to the campaign and the always amazing marcus fenix and squad return for ana exciting new game.
  73. Oct 11, 2016
    gears of war 4 delivers all that was promised the graphics station multiplayer sureais and the best of the saga. and not my opinion and the best generation game
  74. Oct 11, 2016
    the Coalition have done an amazing job with this game they managed to stay faithful to gears its difficult for a new dev who is taking on the torch to get things right but with rod leading the coalition did a great job the gameplay in this game is exactly what yoy expect from gears of war there are a few new tweaks such as the cover takedown executions and environment hazards but allot isthe Coalition have done an amazing job with this game they managed to stay faithful to gears its difficult for a new dev who is taking on the torch to get things right but with rod leading the coalition did a great job the gameplay in this game is exactly what yoy expect from gears of war there are a few new tweaks such as the cover takedown executions and environment hazards but allot is similar for me this is a great thing being a huge gears fan the story is interesting also after your settlement is attacked by a new race known as the swarm you must escape and seek help from your father Marcus although the downside about the campaign is its not that long but the same could be said foe the first gears of war game and that's amazing the multiplayer is the best part of this game though horde 3.0 is amazing the best CO-OP mode of all time in my opinion they have now added classes to it one can be engineer scout etc and new enemies for the waves the maps are great also the versus modes are great lots of variety this game has so much content for a game at launch unlike some other Xbox exclusives looking at you halo. Expand
  75. Oct 11, 2016
    This is one of the best games ive played this yr 1st forza now this story great multiplay at 60fps awesome horde 3.0 great.i i do tastw the salt of the ps4 owners it is strong.better then what ahs come out for my ps4 uc4 was good but nothing new multiplayer was okay at best. Ive been having a ball with horde mode 3.0 fun and gives you a very nice challenge.
  76. Oct 11, 2016
    Gears of war 4 is the best Gears i played story is amazing Good MP horde is the best ever a buy for all gears fans Go out and buy the game today u dnt wanna miss out on the best Gears game yet
  77. Oct 11, 2016
    Buena historia, continua bien parecido al gears of war 3, y deja con muchas incognitas para los siguientes Gears of War, buenos graficos, bien fluido, hasta en pantalla dividida, recomiendo jugar esta saga desde el Jugdment al 4 :3!
  78. Oct 11, 2016
    jogo épico, um presente para os fÃS, TODOS deveriam jogar, pois está epico, sem dúvida, um dos melhores jogos do ano, justamete por trazer isto aos fãs
  79. Oct 11, 2016
    Campaign is pretty great, environments and pacing are all pretty on point. Versus multiplayer is pretty good, some long-ish matchmaking times but not anything unexpected in the first weeks of a game's launch - because of high server load. Horde, is just plain awesome.
  80. Oct 11, 2016
    The 4th Installment of the Gears of War franchise is the most gorgeous console game I've seen to date. I really like the level design and the combat is fantastic. Best 3rd person action game I've played this generation hands down
  81. Oct 11, 2016
    Great game. Gears of War is back, After Forza Microsoft give us another great game. Theres is no better place to play actually. For me GOW is the game of the year Well Dobe !!!
  82. Oct 12, 2016
    This is defiantly my now favorite gears of war game. Campaign may be a tad short (10 hours on hardcore) but is delivers extremely well. Horde mode is way better than the last one, took a bit to get used to the class system but it makes it more team based. And MP is and as good as ever, I like almost ever single map
  83. Oct 12, 2016
    Gears 4's story is catching some flak from some reviewers. LOL a game's story? Really? None of these things are delivering Shakespeare, you know? Anyhoo, set 25 years after Gears 3 and the new COG isn't exactly fair and balanced. In fact, their soldiers aren't even human. Kinda fun twist that presents a new faction with new tactics to engage with. Also with them are two of my favorite newGears 4's story is catching some flak from some reviewers. LOL a game's story? Really? None of these things are delivering Shakespeare, you know? Anyhoo, set 25 years after Gears 3 and the new COG isn't exactly fair and balanced. In fact, their soldiers aren't even human. Kinda fun twist that presents a new faction with new tactics to engage with. Also with them are two of my favorite new weapons, the sub machine gun and the Overkill automatic shotgun. The embar rifle is tricky but packs a punch once you get the firing timing down and killing some larger mechanized enemies yields tri-gun heavy machine guns and 4salvo rocket launchers.
    The dialogue is subtle but unless you have made up your mind already (I find the main problem with people is they decide before reading, seeing, or playing entertainment) it is done well enough to gather the main three characters have known each other a while. They discover a new threat of organic creatures that takes humans one night and enlist the advice of JD Fenix's father, Marcus. And the 4 are off after JD gives Marcus a piece of evidence that peaks his interest.
    These new enemies, labeled swarm by Del (he comes up with most of the monikers for enemies) are similar to the good ole Locust Gears fans know only in the form of Drones. But Juvies which make wretches seem like an annoying fly are trouble. Extremely quick in side to side movement and agile so any surface can be traversed, these swarm and are very challenging to get a bead on with a weapon. Letting them in close for shotty blasts is the default strategy but playing on Hardcore at least, one needs to be careful as overwhelmed comes quickly after letting one in close.
    Pouncers are my new love/hate enemy. The creature shown in the very first footage from E3 2015, it shoots organic quills from its tail, has a tough, bullet resistant hide so it will soak up much damage. The name comes from its penchant for pouncing on a player and causing fast damage.
    Not looking to spoil all enemies to be faced, it is essentially still Gears. The movement additions like grabbing an opponent out of cover are very small button windows and getting caught reaching over cover to not make the grab leaves one very exposed. It has been my death a couple of times. The mantle kick or mantling in general is great because I no longer MUST slam up to cover and then mantle over. I can be full roadie sprinting and press B and not break stride which is a nice new addition. The Gears gameplay loop is the best TPS (Uncharted is fun but no, it doesn't match up in strictly TPS gameplay) imo. If you're tired of its gameplay then it isn't for you. Do not expect a totally mind blowing NEW experience. But if you like Gears, and that includes the tightest and most competitive TPS online, then this is for you.
  84. Oct 15, 2016
    Gears 4 is definitely in the top two of the franchise as it takes everything that worked from the previous games and tosses what didn't. It's simply put, a fun game to play. Whether you're looking for a good sized third person shooter campaign, a competitive multiplayer, or a great cooperative horde mode, Gears of War 4 has got the goods. Go pick it up.
  85. Oct 16, 2016
    Superb graphics, dumb story and forgettable characters. I don't even remember the name of Fenix's dumbbell of a son. Weapons are near useless. Special weapons are poorly designed and placed. Epic had nothing to do with this dog and it shows. My advice is to wait until it hits the bargain bin if you must have it.
  86. Oct 18, 2016
    When Microsoft announced that they were releasing a Gears of War 4 game, I was both really excited and really nervous to play the game. Microsoft hasn't been on the best of our mines. They've rebooted two key Xbox franchises: Tomb Raider and Halo. Tomb Raider was very successful, but Halo has definitely not been successful. I didn't want Gears of War to fall into the same category as HaloWhen Microsoft announced that they were releasing a Gears of War 4 game, I was both really excited and really nervous to play the game. Microsoft hasn't been on the best of our mines. They've rebooted two key Xbox franchises: Tomb Raider and Halo. Tomb Raider was very successful, but Halo has definitely not been successful. I didn't want Gears of War to fall into the same category as Halo did.

I'm very happy to say that not only does The Coalition (the company responsible for developing next-gen gears of war titles) revitalize the franchise with this reboot, it keeps the "Gears formula" as it was in the first three games! 343 Industries needs to take some serious notes on this game, so they make sure they know changing a formula isn't going to necessarily make a game better.

The games campaign is really good! Like Uncharted 4 or even the recent Star Wars VII movie, the story isn't anything special, but the gameplay is great enough to keep players invested in the game. It also adds new environmental hazards that occur at certain moments in the game, which forces players to change their play style, duck behind certain cover points while staying away from others, certain weapons need to be shoot from a certain angle because the wind will blow the bullets away from the target, and little things like this that makes the game exciting while also adding new layers to the Gears of War formula. The graphics are great, the gameplay is great, the voice acting is really good, and I found it more surprising that I actually liked the new characters; JD, Kait, and Del. These characters aren't there to replace the old because we know that nobody can replace Cole Baird, Marcus, or Dom (Rest in Piece!!!). A big chunk of the game actually involves Marcus Fenix quite a bit. Some of the bits are actually quite humorous (like when the COG sends DB Bots to capture Marcus' son, and they destroy his tomato garden. Marcus gets pissed about it. It made me chuckle quite a bit) The enemy AI is arguably the best in the series. Enemies use cover more strategically then in previous gears games. It also offers new enemy types, including Juvies, Scions, and Pouncers. One of the issues I had with the campaign was, while a lot of the art design respects the original (unlike Halo 4 and Halo 5), the DB bots, which are the enemies of the first and second act look very colorful. This takes away from the grittiness of the game, and looks almost a bit cartoonish. It's just not as satisfying chainsawing through a machine than flesh and bone. I love that they kept the gore in the game and the same assets and designs. The snatcher, a mini-boss, is also very annoying. He kills you in one shot, snatches you up, and takes you away, which forces you to restart to the last checkpoint. This was the only major glaring issue with the campaign that I've had so far. There haven't been any continuity errors as far as I have seen, and overall, the campaign is a welcome arch to the new generation of Gears fans. 8/10! It's really good!

To be honest, when I played the Gears 4 multiplayer beta, I wasn't impressed at all. In fact, I disliked it very much. The weapon balance was off, it was too easy to run and gun enemy players behind cover, and the strategy, which made the Gears multiplayer so engaging was lost. The Coalition has thankfully listened to the community. The game functions a lot like it did with past gears titles. The maps are decent, but I found the gamemodes to be unbalanced. For example: I played Guardian, where your team has to defend a player marked as "The Leader" and if the leader dies, the enemy team can begin killing off your allies. Our leader constantly ran out and got himself killed while the enemy leader stayed in the back corner defend by his team. It became a camping game rather than a third-person strategic cover shooter. I often find myself playing against experience players while my team consists of new players who attempt to run out and eliminate the enemy team as quickly as possible. They often get themselves killed, and I end up being the last player surrounded by a full 5 player enemy team. I want the Coalition to update the game's matchmaking so that it's easier to get match with players of equal skill. Overall, I really enjoyed the multiplayer. It's not perfect, but it is much better than I had expected it to be. 7/10! It's good!

The Horde mode is back, and it's better than ever! I love playing this made with my friends in Gears 3, and Gears 4 definitely improves upon it! In between waves, you set up your defenses. Certain spots on the maps were set up to allow players to set up say, one turret in the back, barriers at the front, two decoys in the windows, etc. I'm hooked on this mode! I highly recommend it to any gears fan who wants a more cooperative experience. 8/10! It's really good!

I'm surprised few mentioned the microtransactions! They aren't as invasive as most, but please take them out of the game Microsoft! Please!!!
  87. Oct 12, 2016
    Now any negative reviews I have been reading so far only hav a few good reasons or at least valid. Ive already 7 negative "user reviews" tht were just copy and pasted....so I assume its made by the same person, one tht gave it a 0 bc he only liked the Multiplayer and another gave it a 0 bc the campaign hardly hav the Chainsaw Lancer in it. and the rest tht gave it a 0 just gave it for noNow any negative reviews I have been reading so far only hav a few good reasons or at least valid. Ive already 7 negative "user reviews" tht were just copy and pasted....so I assume its made by the same person, one tht gave it a 0 bc he only liked the Multiplayer and another gave it a 0 bc the campaign hardly hav the Chainsaw Lancer in it. and the rest tht gave it a 0 just gave it for no reason. A 0 shuld only b given if its a horrible game gameplay wise or bad performance or hell has barely any content. The reviews they gav and the ones tht didnt write a review shuld at least given the game between a 3-5 if they didnt like it. Doesnt give them the right to give it a 0 just bc its the "same" and the story is "meh". Expand
  88. Oct 13, 2016
    the first 2 hours are a bit tedious, but the other 7 and a half are a blast, pure nostalgia and frenetic gameplay as ever with a few changes here and there that make the game feels new and familiar at the same time, the graphics are great and the story it´s best good i give it a solid 9 because it deserved, not like some idiots here that gave a zero to a game like it was nothing
  89. Oct 15, 2016
    Best gears so far. Not only is the multiplayer a blast, but the campaign is the best of the series. With great dialogue and a funny moment now and than.
    The great graphics finish the job, especially after you encounter the swarm for the first time.
  90. Nov 4, 2016
    Pros: Everything

Cons: Microtransactions and little to no credits after each game. Overpriced DLC. Overpriced microtransactions.Overpriced everything for a nonfree to play game.

91. Nov 26, 2016
    Meh,It's more Gears,and that's all it is.I'd argue that it's better than judgement but nowhere near as good as the first 2.I hated the first act with a passion.The almost endless waves of robotic enemies were extremely boring.Multi is fine,but you'll be playing with either noobs or shotgun surgeons.Forgettable.
  92. Nov 21, 2016
    Alright. Gears of War 4. Gears of War the Fourth. 1, 2, 3 and freakin' 4 my man. How awesome is that? You probably think it can only be more awesome that 1, 2 and 3 put together... Well, fu¢k no. It's freakin' boring. GoW 1 was great, it's was new, it's was raw, savage and bloody. GoW 2, same thing, but the vibe was still there. GoW 3, same again but the vibe was fading. GoW 4... **** man.Alright. Gears of War 4. Gears of War the Fourth. 1, 2, 3 and freakin' 4 my man. How awesome is that? You probably think it can only be more awesome that 1, 2 and 3 put together... Well, fu¢k no. It's freakin' boring. GoW 1 was great, it's was new, it's was raw, savage and bloody. GoW 2, same thing, but the vibe was still there. GoW 3, same again but the vibe was fading. GoW 4... **** man. How stupid are we it would be different?! It's a copy/paste of everything we know with only better graphics... I could on ranting about it. But this is a boring single player game. Maybe you'll online play, but i'm into single playing my **** Expand
  93. Oct 15, 2016
    This game is fantastic. Great game play beautiful graphics and awesome story. The voice acting is very well done. Its a must play for all xbox gamers . Dont then listen to haters who gave it a low score play for yourself and you'll see the truth and how much fun this game is
  94. Oct 16, 2016
    Gears of War suffers one major problem. It doesn't capture the story telling of the original trilogy. Yes we have Marcus and he is awesome in the game, but we never play as him. Okay, but how are our new heros? Underwhelming. JD Fenix, Del, and Kait. JD and Del are no were near like Marcus and Dom were and Kait isn't like Anya or even Sam. That's not a big problem, they could've been theirGears of War suffers one major problem. It doesn't capture the story telling of the original trilogy. Yes we have Marcus and he is awesome in the game, but we never play as him. Okay, but how are our new heros? Underwhelming. JD Fenix, Del, and Kait. JD and Del are no were near like Marcus and Dom were and Kait isn't like Anya or even Sam. That's not a big problem, they could've been their own interesting characters but fall flat. I don't hate this game, but it's hard finding joy in the campaign and even the damn multiplayer with those damn gear packs. This game doesn't live up to the legend of the original trilogy or even the first game.

Pros:
    -Game looks and sounds great
    -MARCUS!!!
    -New enemies
    -Gameplay

Cons:
    -Bland Story
    -Bland new characters
    -"Booster Pack" micro transactions
    -Long wait times in Versus
    -Underwhelming Horde Mode "3.0"
  95. Oct 23, 2016
    There's no reason for hating this game. Simply, it's way too good for negative score. I also won't give it 10/10 (The Witcher 3 deserve it only). I know that Sony users drag this game down. Jealousy? Well, they have "No men's sky", we have GOW4! The campaign is great, such an epic battles, lovely ride! 10-12 hours really fantastic experience. The new characters are a bit bland, howeverThere's no reason for hating this game. Simply, it's way too good for negative score. I also won't give it 10/10 (The Witcher 3 deserve it only). I know that Sony users drag this game down. Jealousy? Well, they have "No men's sky", we have GOW4! The campaign is great, such an epic battles, lovely ride! 10-12 hours really fantastic experience. The new characters are a bit bland, however we've got, constantly moaning of everything, Marcus Fenix, almost all the time next to us. The new weapons are superb, new bosses looks amazing. Multiplayer is very addictive. I love the Horde 3.0. Spectacular engagement! GOW4 is the best third person shooter on nextgens. This is a fact. 9/10 is the lowest score i can give. Expand
  96. Nov 1, 2016
    What was already good, it was even better. The story of the game is wonderful, the game is graphically gorgeous. I loved it! I look forward to a continuation of this beautiful game.
  97. Oct 17, 2016
    Having played Gears of War 1 thru 4, this recent edition is a major let-down. I never cared much for the campaign (so the lackluster one this time around doesn't factor into my review): it's always been about the multiplayer action for me. Gears of War 4? it's basically the same game as the last couple of editions with slightly better graphics and a few new enemies and maps. What'sHaving played Gears of War 1 thru 4, this recent edition is a major let-down. I never cared much for the campaign (so the lackluster one this time around doesn't factor into my review): it's always been about the multiplayer action for me. Gears of War 4? it's basically the same game as the last couple of editions with slightly better graphics and a few new enemies and maps. What's wrong with that? on it's face? nothing. But look deeper: this time around, they have essentially stripped down all of your old 'default' abilities, and introduced a leveling system in it's place that encourages the purchase of micro-transactions. That's not innovation, that's greed. So now, you have to spend countless hours grinding (and/or spending more money) to get right back to the kind of abilities/power, you had in the past games to start off with. Last I checked, I was buying a shooter, not an rpg. Said another way: the game isn't any harder or innovative: they've just dumbed it down so you now have to grind 200+ hours and pay additional money to get right back to where you used to start out in previous games. It's the ultimate con, and Microsoft should be ashamed of itself for pulling an EA move. Your reputation as a company will suffer in the long run, and I won't be buying future games from this company without a lot of research as a result. Expand
  98. Oct 19, 2016
    Gears of War 4: P to C Review

Hi everyone, I’m DustyNovels from DE Studios and welcome to the Gears of War 4 P to C Review! Our P to C Review (Pros to Cons) is written for the people on the go. The people who don’t have time to read a lengthy traditional review. Story Pros: Nostalgic beginning, Immersive as a whole | Dense liner level design | Dark and gritty atmosphere | Slick,
    Gears of War 4: P to C Review

Story

Pros: Nostalgic beginning, Immersive as a whole | Dense liner level design | Dark and gritty atmosphere | Slick, and experienced production | familiar concept | Detailed, realistic character design | Powerful moments | Solid voice acting | Interesting supporting cast | Great protagonist | Humorous dialog | Unique creature design | Reappearances of iconic characters

Cons: Poor antagonist | Lack of background information | Underused cast | Climactic hook will only interest veteran gears players | Short length (Average: 7 hours)

Gameplay

Pros: Familiar and challenging gameplay, also fast-paced | Enhanced close quarters combat | Fun maps to play on (All game modes) | A variety of game modes | More exciting Horde mode | Strong fundamentals | Exceptional Co-op gameplay, split-screen is enabled for several modes | Great checkpoint system (Campaign & Horde) | Smooth controls | Great friendly and enemy AI | Unique creature abilities (Snatchers FTW) | Familiar weapons (LFL: Lancer for Life) | Good replay value

Cons: Instant-fail/kill sequences | Not enough new weapons | Too familiar? (For you to decide)

Multiplayer

Pros: As competitive as always | E-Sports status | Interesting game modes (Example: Guardian) | Best with Friends | Friendly community | E-Sports Tournament live from now until June 2017 (1,000,000 dollars!!)

Cons: Weapon balance (Gnasher shotgun is OP) | Occasional poor spawn location | Uninspired progression | Unrewarded leveling system (Supply drops) | Little character customization | Random loot | Overpriced micro-transactions

Extras

Pros: Great graphics (in a rustic sort of way) | Polished cut-scene animation | Fantastic soundtrack (from the minds of those behind The Game of Thrones) | Improved on its predecessor in most areas | Windflares (Unique storm animation) | Smooth UI (User interface)

Cons: Semi-long load times | Pointless micro-transactions (I know I already mentioned them but I really hate them) | No incentive to acquire in-game loot

Verdict

Unlike traditional reviews, we’re more concerned with what YOU have to spend on it, not its value to the gaming industry. So instead of assigning it a numerical value, we give you three recommended prices based on three different tiers.

Tier 1: Single Player = $40

Tier 2: Multiplayer and Co-op = $60

Tier 3: E-Sports = $60

If you liked this review don’t forget to go to our YouTube channel and subscribe! Videos every Tuesday! Be heard and stay interactive.
  99. Dec 11, 2016
    I loved everything about this game, graphics, story mode, and the new guns are awesome. This Gears of War was everything i was waiting for! I definitely recommend this for everyone to go get and play, you won't be disappointed.
  100. Nov 18, 2017
    Loot-boxes made it to my favorite series.I can't play successfully in the Horde without pumped legendary skills,the problem is that such maps fall is extremely rare.This notorious system of loot-boxes prevents me to fully enjoy the game mode Horde

Generally favorable reviews - based on 99 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 10, 2017
    The Coalition has managed to successfully bring every great elements from previous games into a new setting. Whether you go for single-player, multiplayer or horde mode, GoW4 hast plenty to offer. The visuals are stunning and the gameplay is the best in the series thus far; and despite shortcomings in the story and development of characters, GoW4 is easily one of the best third-person shooters of this generation.
  2. Jan 18, 2017
    The Coalition’s development team did a fantastic job adopting the Gears of War series. They’ve preserved what makes it special in our hearts and added in new bells and whistles which are absolutely welcome.
  3. Jan 17, 2017
    Gears of War 4 is an impressive return to form.