8.1

1. Aug 27, 2022
    WOW This game is a real gem! If you like the fighting engine in games like Sleeping Dogs or the Arkham series, then you will love this game. It's like Oldboy meets John Wick. It's also 20 dollars and well worth it. Not a perfect game, but I can honestly say it's the best one I've played this year, which has been the worst year in gaming history imo. (8.5 is the real score I just wanted toWOW This game is a real gem! If you like the fighting engine in games like Sleeping Dogs or the Arkham series, then you will love this game. It's like Oldboy meets John Wick. It's also 20 dollars and well worth it. Not a perfect game, but I can honestly say it's the best one I've played this year, which has been the worst year in gaming history imo. (8.5 is the real score I just wanted to support the 1 guy who developed this little giant) Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2022
    Dynamic and intense fighting game, Jakie Chan would be proud of! It's really underrated for now.
  3. Aug 30, 2022
    I think there is really great potential here and I love & appreciate the work the creator has put into it. The combat mechanics are (intentionally) very limited at the start, but once you start unlocking new skills and whatnot it really opens up and becomes quite deep. It features great music, a nice art style, and overall just a commendable amount of polish.

This game had all the

This game had all the potential to be an 8+ for me -- easily. I feel like this is the game I would create if I had a lick of talent and I seriously enjoy everything it offers. Unfortunately, same game-breaking bug multiple times now. And am now going on 4 days or so where I straight-up cannot play the game.
  4. Sep 18, 2022
    Such a pleasant surprise!
    I had the chance to try it via the game pass and I absolutely love it.
    Much replay value, superb music, effective gameplay, excellent progress curve.
    Kudos to the developers who made a fantastic job here.
  5. Sep 29, 2022
    Fun beat'em up the controls and the combat flow work very well, some minor complaints about the hit boxes and mechanics at time. The story is pretty backround and convuleted, different enemie types are fun but that noticably different. Thank you Gamepass, beat in around 7 hours.
  6. Aug 30, 2022
    I appreciate overall atmosphere and setting of game. Perfect mix between a classic beat'em up and modern solutions. I love the work, the author put into this game, the animations and art style are superb. Music is top class. Big variety of enemies makes sure that the gameplay doesn't get boring. Personally, i think the amount of guns and armed enemies was too much.
    Dziękuję Jakubie!
    Dziękuję Jakubie! Swietnie się bawiłem grając w ten tytuł i z pewnością jeszcze nie raz do niego zajrzę.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 19, 2022
    I’ve found myself really enjoying Midnight Fight Express. While initially limited, the combat opens up as you unlock new moves and combos. Being able to replay missions is great, and the customisation in both moves and appearance really sat well with me. I’d have liked to have voice acting in the game, but other than that this comes recommended.
  2. Sep 13, 2022
    There isn’t much to grumble about in regards Midnight Fight Express. If you like to fight, this is certainly a game you will enjoy.
  3. Aug 30, 2022
    Midnight Fight Express captures the action synonymous with films like The Raid. Combat feels great and includes enough depth to pull off technical combos but is also simple and accessible for newcomers to the genre. The story is a miss-fire and lacks the cinematic flair which is within the gameplay. Whilst the aesthetics are basic, it does feel like a fight through a seedy underworld. The addictive gameplay loop makes you want to replay levels to achieve the highest score. Ultimately, Midnight Fight Express achieves what it set out to do: make you feel like an absolute badass.