8.8

1. Jun 1, 2013
    Been a Riddick fan since the film Pitch Black and this game doesn't disappoint at all! Great stealth mechanics, good story, and an awesome prequel to the Riddick franchise!
  2. KenE.
    May 25, 2004
    Judging by the demo which I'm sure won't change a bit before release uh...Stiff Control + Jerky/Awkward Animations + Inconsistent framerate due to a graphics engine being used that is too much for the xbox to handle = Big pile of poop!!! Thanks but I'd rather play Nightcaster 2....yeah right this game will make the wait for Halo 2 more bearable. Chronicles will get the Judging by the demo which I'm sure won't change a bit before release uh...Stiff Control + Jerky/Awkward Animations + Inconsistent framerate due to a graphics engine being used that is too much for the xbox to handle = Big pile of poop!!! Thanks but I'd rather play Nightcaster 2....yeah right this game will make the wait for Halo 2 more bearable. Chronicles will get the sleeper hit of the year award Expand
  3. BiadB.
    Jul 3, 2004
    WOOO! What a sleeper..... never expected good things from this game. Graphics are great but it is the shadow effects that gets the most attention. It really creates an incredible atmosphere. If the game was something like 15-20 hours and with more innovative touches, this one would have gotten a 10 from me.
  4. BrianK.
    May 30, 2004
    I also played this game on Official Xbox Magazine's demo disc and I have to say it is the best looking game on the xbox!!! Good controls and very fun!! Pick it up!!
  5. TrevorC.
    Jun 3, 2004
    Alright Jordan A., either you work for Microsoft, or you're the biggest Xbox fanboy I've ever seen. DON'T rate a game before you've even played the full version - you ruin the score for everyone else. I haven't played it myself but I'm posting a 5 to even out the 10's this game has already received by others who haven't even played the real thing. Alright Jordan A., either you work for Microsoft, or you're the biggest Xbox fanboy I've ever seen. DON'T rate a game before you've even played the full version - you ruin the score for everyone else. I haven't played it myself but I'm posting a 5 to even out the 10's this game has already received by others who haven't even played the real thing. What 'average joe' player describes a game as 'wildly ambitious' anyway? .. I smell a fraud. Expand
  6. Jay
    Jun 4, 2004
    Best Game on Xbox so far this year. Ken E and Trevor C should stick with PS2 games and let the big boys play on Xbox. Great Graphics, Great game play, and I have played the full version. (p.s. Watch Pitch Black before you play this game. It's a great reminder of how cool the Riddick character is)
  7. K-Dog
    Trevor C. is a tool.
  8. ChazD.
    Jun 4, 2004
    Truly a great title. I must say though, I feel this game may steal a bit of the thunder from Doom 3, seeing as to how they use such similar graphic engines and techniques. I agree that Gamespot giving the highest score is not at all typical, but, from the reviews I've read, Gamespot was the only one that rated it for what it was and not what they thought it should be. "Too short, no Truly a great title. I must say though, I feel this game may steal a bit of the thunder from Doom 3, seeing as to how they use such similar graphic engines and techniques. I agree that Gamespot giving the highest score is not at all typical, but, from the reviews I've read, Gamespot was the only one that rated it for what it was and not what they thought it should be. "Too short, no multiplayer" - get over it! This game is exactly what it sets out to be: a tight, focused single player experience with technical mastery as impressive as Star War's release in the 70's. Expand
  9. SloopydrewZ.
    Jun 6, 2004
    The game is fun. If you're a fan of FPS games, you'll have a great 7 or 8 hours. But that's the problem: $50 for 7 hours of play is highway robbery. Control: 8.9 Switching weapons (press y, pull trigger) is a pain. Graphics: 8.8 The game IS pretty, but the graphics are sometimes blurred, there's a lot of poor collision detection and an abundance of jaggies. A good The game is fun. If you're a fan of FPS games, you'll have a great 7 or 8 hours. But that's the problem: $50 for 7 hours of play is highway robbery. Control: 8.9 Switching weapons (press y, pull trigger) is a pain. Graphics: 8.8 The game IS pretty, but the graphics are sometimes blurred, there's a lot of poor collision detection and an abundance of jaggies. A good looking game, but overhyped. Both Halo and Metroid Prime are better looking shooters. Fun Factor: 9.8. Seriously fun to play. Replay Value: 1. No reason to go back after the 7 or 8 hours is over. A few extra pieces of concept art doesn't make it worth the trip. Expand
  10. LoucasM.
    Sep 17, 2004
    Beautiful game but WAY TOO SHORT with no replay value. A pity it could have been fantastic.
  11. AllanR.
    Sep 3, 2004
    Best game ive ever played hope there is another one coming out soon :):)
  12. ShurdaB.
    Apr 10, 2005
    Great graphics and gameplay, even unarmed combat and close combat is fun! Even with Doom 3 out, this game still is top of the FPS games!! If youre into FPS games get this one now! Im not that into the genre but still loved this one, the only downside is the lack of multiplayer modes.
  13. FredB.
    Oct 16, 2006
    I beat it seven times...must I say more.
  14. Gecko
    Jun 10, 2004
    This game is vastly overrated. Visuals are sub-par. Jagged edges abound even with composite cables. Sound is medicore, dialog is poor. Storyline is muddled and cliche. Gameplay is standard fps faire brining nothing new to the table. Wow I can see in the dark, thanks. Stealth concepts are cool but you don't need to use them at all, you can run and gun your way through with little This game is vastly overrated. Visuals are sub-par. Jagged edges abound even with composite cables. Sound is medicore, dialog is poor. Storyline is muddled and cliche. Gameplay is standard fps faire brining nothing new to the table. Wow I can see in the dark, thanks. Stealth concepts are cool but you don't need to use them at all, you can run and gun your way through with little problems, above all that the game lasts 4 hours to complete from start to finish. Ugh, skip this one. Expand
  15. BenZ.
    Jun 12, 2004
    WOW. For the first time i remember, a game that's at least three times as good as the movie it's based on. Yeah, you heard me correctly... forget the movie ever existed and play the game.
  16. LeighM.
    Jun 15, 2004
    Awesome Shooter. Very Well Made. A must Play!!!
  17. Uter
    Jun 18, 2004
    Not sure why, but I'm not all that impressed so far. Also I don't think it's as easy as some of these reviews say - I've died 3-4 times in the 1st half hr.
  18. SteveP.
    Jun 21, 2004
    Graphics are top notch, gameplay is excellent and it's longer and more difficult than other reviews have stated. One of the most addictive games I have played this year. To Gecko, I suggest playing the final version of the game and not the demo before offering your review. Anyone who has played the final version won't be critical of the graphics or the sound.
  19. TheSoup
    Jun 29, 2004
    The graphics are by far the best I've ever seen in an Xbox game, but once you get over the graphics, the fighting can get really repetitive (especially with the traquilizer gun). My second problem with the game is that it took me roughly six hours to beat it on normal. I definitely suggest renting it before buying it.
  20. BlancoA.
    Jun 3, 2004
    Incredibly cool game. And how wierd to see that GameSpot has given such a high score!
  21. LisaS.
    Jul 15, 2004
    This game has the best graphics ever seen on a console. I played lots of games and my favourite game always was half-life. But the chronicles of Riddick is far better. It realy Gives you the idea of playing the main carachter in a movie. Cool.
  22. JMAN51
    Jul 8, 2004
    Awesome game, its short but its enjoyable several times through like Halo's campaign.
  23. Primal
    Aug 9, 2005
    Butcher Bay is the best movie game i've ever seen in my life. the only problems i have with Butcher Bay is the otherwise beautiful graphics sometimes become very grainy and rough for no reason what-so-ever, and the rag-doll physics have a few awkward bugs (a lot of defoming heads and shaking bodies). but, for $15, you can't find a better shooter out there.
  24. SteveH.
    Jun 2, 2006
    Excellent game. A real sleeper hit and easily the best movie tie-in game. Loved it and hoping this team can do the same again.
  25. HansA.
    Sep 30, 2006
    This is a ridiclously gory video game. I like it a lot though and I play it with my son very often if it's not too late.
  26. JordanA.
    May 11, 2004
    Even though this game hasn't come out yet, I have seen what it is capable of. I subscribe to Official Xbox Magazine and in their April issue they had an article on this wildly ambitious sleeper hit, it has probably the best graphics on Xbox. There are so many cool things you can do, you can have brutal fistfights with enemies and leave their face mangled, you can snap their necks,or Even though this game hasn't come out yet, I have seen what it is capable of. I subscribe to Official Xbox Magazine and in their April issue they had an article on this wildly ambitious sleeper hit, it has probably the best graphics on Xbox. There are so many cool things you can do, you can have brutal fistfights with enemies and leave their face mangled, you can snap their necks,or if they have a weapon you can turn it on them ang drive their knife,screwdriver,etc. throught their skull or put the barrel of their gun under the baddie's chin and blow his brains out. Another cool thing you can do is drag the enemie's bodie into grinders. This game has elements of first-person stealth,shooter,and fighter. I have just recieved OXM's new June issue and it has a playable demo of this game and it kicks ASS!! I guarantee you that this game is sure to be a hit! Expand
  27. JuanR.
    May 30, 2004
    This game kicks ass! I downloaded a copy to my Xbox, and it is so awesome! I can't wait until it comes out to buy it!
  28. GregA.
    Jun 13, 2004
    Best shooter I've played on Xbox since Halo!
  29. ExcitedMan
    Jun 14, 2004
    I got this game after the high reviews and hot screen shots. it is so much better than i expected it to be, this game ROCKS!!!. let me start by saying, go buy this game now. owning an xbox and not buying this game is unforgivable. even though you hate fps and stealth, this game is a work of art that needs to be experienced. lets talk about the cool things: you can beat people up and seeI got this game after the high reviews and hot screen shots. it is so much better than i expected it to be, this game ROCKS!!!. let me start by saying, go buy this game now. owning an xbox and not buying this game is unforgivable. even though you hate fps and stealth, this game is a work of art that needs to be experienced. lets talk about the cool things: you can beat people up and see their faces all get bloody and bruised. rag doll effects in death and fight and body drag situations. you can sneak from behind and stick a screw driver in some bastards neck, blood sparying all over. you can throw the victims body over a ledge. the profanity in this game is overwhelmingly fun. you can hang out in the jail, talk to people and do favors for them such as finding things and beating up other inmates. graphics are better than halo...yup you heard me correct. hell, the games menu system alone is better than most xbox games out there; you have to see it to understand this. the stealth move and hide is also great and works well. the guns are nice and feel heavy, one bullet head shots and brain meets wall stuff is here and alive. you can grab a guards gun if you do it right, you can use his gun to blow his frickin head off, i mean come on!!!...thats cool. the colors, lighting and production design is so elegant and well done that i felt like i was there-in this kick ass sci-fi world...where you feel compasion and hate towards charachters, where you get scared and feel heroic at times, where you realize how big and fricking cool this prison you are in looks and is and how much brain gook you need to splatter to escape it.....riddick has set the new standard in action games. along with halo and splinter cell, riddick sits there high on top. Expand
  30. MatthieuR.
    Jun 15, 2004
    Okay, to the pasty-faced troglodyte who mentioned that this game has sub-par graphics, what on earth are you talking about? Yes, there are times (cut-scenes, mostly), when Anti-aliasing was impossible, but overall this is one of 5 best-looking games EVER on a console. The story/immersion factor are very effective. I am sick and tired of the Uber-complicated backstories found in most Okay, to the pasty-faced troglodyte who mentioned that this game has sub-par graphics, what on earth are you talking about? Yes, there are times (cut-scenes, mostly), when Anti-aliasing was impossible, but overall this is one of 5 best-looking games EVER on a console. The story/immersion factor are very effective. I am sick and tired of the Uber-complicated backstories found in most RPG's (In the year 4556 after the fall of xvaydfr the great, the black dwarves carved a magic nose-picker, and this they named ungaboor, etc). Most of all, this game made Butcher Bay feel alive (much like Vvardenfel felt alive in Morrowind) . It was a bit too linear and a bit short (though not nearly as short or easy as everyone claims). Seems that everyone is complaining about how short games are nowadays; good god, remember Super Mario? You could beat that game in half and hour tops! Overall, this is a very fun and engrossing game. Expand
  31. MarkB.
    Jun 15, 2004
    I don't often participate in game rankings but, a game of this calibre deserves recognition. Arguably the best game on the Xbox to date! Show the developers that we want more, the only way you can buy it!
  32. FSWMaster
    Jun 22, 2004
    I played the demo to this game and thought it looked very good but didn't know if it would play as good as it looks. Playing the actual game I noticed the framerate was better but noticed the hand to hand got a little boring. Now don't get me wrong, putting a shiv through someones head or blowing their head off with their own weapon is cool in a game , at least the first few I played the demo to this game and thought it looked very good but didn't know if it would play as good as it looks. Playing the actual game I noticed the framerate was better but noticed the hand to hand got a little boring. Now don't get me wrong, putting a shiv through someones head or blowing their head off with their own weapon is cool in a game , at least the first few times. After I got over the graphics and figured out the fighting I was left thinking"Why couldn't this game engine and over the top mature "everything" be coupled with the seemingly better fighting and combos from Breakdown?". I'm not saying Breakdown is better, just it would have been nice to have more moves and combos such as kicks. Either way I think if the graphics had turned out to look like Breakdown's or even Unreal 2's decent engine everything else in this game would have been overlooked and forgotten before Shadow Ops came out. Expand
  33. RedE.
    Jun 25, 2004
    I like it, i like it a lot, but i wish it had multi play. i can also look past the jaggies, the gameplay and the story make up for it.
  34. Vinny
    Jun 28, 2004
    Stands with Halo and Splinter Cell as the very best games for the Xbox.
  35. BillG.
    Jun 28, 2004
    The best Xbox game I´ve ever seen/played!
  36. You'reanidiotjordana
    Jun 4, 2004
    Played the demo... it's obviously trying to be too ambitious with it's graphics causing the frame-rate and animations to suffer. I prefer smooth fps to high res textures... and please don't rate games based on hype... guys like Jordan A ruin sites like this.
  37. K.Foss
    Jun 5, 2004
    Awesome for a console... this game truly shows that with the right devolpement how far you can push the Xbox hardware, graphics are insane and the story is well put together and tweaked... and the action never stops there's always somthing to do and somthing to hide from.
  38. Railer
    Jun 6, 2004
    "and please don't rate games based on hype..." I would rather say "and please don't rate games based on demos..." Since the frame rate issues DOES NOT exist in the retail version.
  39. TimB.
    Jun 6, 2004
    I just bought this game and previously played the demo. The frame-rate problem seems to have been fixed and the choppy animations smoothed out. I personally prefer a stealth game to be in 3rd person, but despite this, the game seems to conpensate with new ideas in 1st person control. The only real problem I have with the 1st person perspective is jumping and grasping, which is more I just bought this game and previously played the demo. The frame-rate problem seems to have been fixed and the choppy animations smoothed out. I personally prefer a stealth game to be in 3rd person, but despite this, the game seems to conpensate with new ideas in 1st person control. The only real problem I have with the 1st person perspective is jumping and grasping, which is more difficult when you can't see the character you control. I would also like to address the fact that no one seems to be conserned with the bias of those who have judged this game as bad. A rating of 1, Ken E.? Whatever concerns you may have with frame-rate or awkward animations, very few games deserve a rating of 1. Expand
  40. LamontR.
    Jun 7, 2004
    This was my favorite Xbox game at E-3, and after playing the full product for a few hours, I'd put it right up there with the best 3 or 4 games on the system. The freakin' atmosphere that it creates is impeccable. It's just plain fun. With the exception of (maybe) LOTR: ROTK, this might be the best licensed game I've ever played.
  41. BillP.
    Jun 9, 2004
    This really is the third best FPS I have ever played! What are 1 and 2? Half-Life is #1 followed by Halo. This game looks sooooo good that I pity the developers out there with games in development. They must look at a game like Riddick and just shudder "how the heck did they do that!" Framerate, graphics, sound, AI, and story all AAA+ quality. My one and only complaint is the loading This really is the third best FPS I have ever played! What are 1 and 2? Half-Life is #1 followed by Halo. This game looks sooooo good that I pity the developers out there with games in development. They must look at a game like Riddick and just shudder "how the heck did they do that!" Framerate, graphics, sound, AI, and story all AAA+ quality. My one and only complaint is the loading between sections of level (about 9 seconds). The loading never gets annoying but it does detract from gameplay. What can't developers do it the way From Software did in Kingsfield (spooling the next part as you walk)??? Expand
  42. MichaelC.
    Jun 9, 2004
    For a movie license game...exquisite. For yet another XBox FPS...pretty good. If you've played it, you know the graphics are incredible. This is probably the best attempt I've see so far at making you feel not that you're controlling a character, but that you ARE that character. My biggest complaint is that some of the NPC dialogue is pretty dumb, but no game is perfect. If For a movie license game...exquisite. For yet another XBox FPS...pretty good. If you've played it, you know the graphics are incredible. This is probably the best attempt I've see so far at making you feel not that you're controlling a character, but that you ARE that character. My biggest complaint is that some of the NPC dialogue is pretty dumb, but no game is perfect. If you're a fan of FPS's, Riddick, or just all around good games, get this one. And let's make one other thing clear: guys like Jordan A. don't ruin sites like this, guys like me ruin sites like this. Expand
  43. ChrisB.
    Jun 9, 2004
    My favorite game for the xbox was halo but when i bought this game i thought it was a greater achievement. This is one of the best games i've ever played. i would rate it a 11 if i could.
  44. JohnS.
    Jul 11, 2004
    It's more of a rental (not much re-play value), but what a helluva game. I was baffled by the ecstatic reviews until the last 8 hours or so of gameplay -- those are incredible. Much of those levels are the spooky atmosphere and great graphics that "Doom III" is promising with an echo of the "Half Life 1" (soldiers/aliens are both after you -- so run and fire) storyline. It also has It's more of a rental (not much re-play value), but what a helluva game. I was baffled by the ecstatic reviews until the last 8 hours or so of gameplay -- those are incredible. Much of those levels are the spooky atmosphere and great graphics that "Doom III" is promising with an echo of the "Half Life 1" (soldiers/aliens are both after you -- so run and fire) storyline. It also has an original concept of starting as a shooter, turning into a street fighting game with RPG elements, then a stealth game, then a mix, then finishing with guns-blazing non-stop action. Very usunual, but very good. Like "Buffy", this is the among the best franchise games I've ever played on any system. Expand
  45. KevinF.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Entertaining but linear, like most first-person shooters
  46. Chad
    Aug 12, 2004
    Great game if they would have added a little hint of and rpg game to it would have been better. But overall it is a Great game.
  47. Batman
    Aug 8, 2004
    Cool game...except short and no multiplayer...so it doesn't realy have much replay value.
  48. JodyM.
    Nov 14, 2005
    Quite brilliant, its a game of such variety to please all genre likers. If your looking for a shooter, a beat em up and a stealth game rolled into one, look no further!
  49. Wongit
    Jan 9, 2005
    Amazing, best game i have ever seen...great gameplay. only downside is its waaaaaay to short. this is the first time i been craving more of such a magnificent game.
  50. VideoGamer
    May 17, 2005
    This is one of the best or maybe even the best action game on the Xbox. The grapchics in the game are the best I´ve seen on the system and the sounds, especially the music and the voice acting, are great too. The game controlls well and the storyline is interesting to follow. The game is a little on the short side, but it has a lot of replay value. For me this is the best game on This is one of the best or maybe even the best action game on the Xbox. The grapchics in the game are the best I´ve seen on the system and the sounds, especially the music and the voice acting, are great too. The game controlls well and the storyline is interesting to follow. The game is a little on the short side, but it has a lot of replay value. For me this is the best game on the Xbox up to date. Expand
  51. Slam
    May 2, 2005
    Now this was a surprise - a licensed game of a movie that's actually good. No, let me correct myself, it's excellent. Some of the best graphics and sound I've seen on the Xbox, coupled with a slick interface and a great storyline. This title screams atmosphere, and a big thumbs up to Vivendi for doing such a good job, where so many others have failed. Man, you can get this Now this was a surprise - a licensed game of a movie that's actually good. No, let me correct myself, it's excellent. Some of the best graphics and sound I've seen on the Xbox, coupled with a slick interface and a great storyline. This title screams atmosphere, and a big thumbs up to Vivendi for doing such a good job, where so many others have failed. Man, you can get this for $20 now, and that's a steal. Buy it now. Expand
  52. ApocalyseB.
    Aug 29, 2005
    Normally this would have got an nine for instant, gripping fun and violent gameplay but the bugs spoil it a bit. Appalling loading times within levels and 'bland' graphics dampened my joy of riddick but in truth by the blood-soaked end you're baying for more! Short? Too much action to notice! I still talk about this game to this day, its great!
  53. MattT.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Riddick is a very original game. One of the best of its era.
  54. Nick
    Aug 8, 2006
    Amazing, definatly one of the best games evermade, this game, made in mid 2004, has enough graphics capability to be on the xbox 360, i am amazed, it is up there with halo and oblivian, and the weapons are sooo fun.
  55. VicT.
    Dec 6, 2007
    THIS is how movie-to-game transitions should be done!
  56. EricB.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Wow I just love this game it is very adventurous and exciting. The details on it are superb. You can do so many things for instance go up behind someone and brake there neck. I mean really how many games can you do that in. It isnt Halo but it sure is a hell of alot of fun.
  57. NickT
    May 16, 2005
    If this game had been a few hours longer and the different abilities had been put to a bit of more use, CoR could have been the GotY for XBOX. This game, with its amazing graphics and easily accessible controls sets THE precedent for games based off of movie licenses. Considering that it can be bought for lower $20, it can't be missed. Play it and enjoy it.
  58. Alex
    Jul 27, 2005
    A very fun, very good looking game. too bad its kinda short. if the developers had just added mulitplayer, this could have quite possibly been better than both Halos.
  59. Sep 11, 2011
    Though the Riddick films are so under appreciated (it's a crime) I speak for real si-fi fans when I say that the Riddick series (video games included) is one of the greatest series of its genre.
  60. Jul 16, 2012
    Love it, one of the best games for Xbox. So underrated. They remake was okay, but nothing special.

They should do another sequel, but this time keep it like it was in butcher bay.
  61. May 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a great game with excellent graphics for its time.while the scenes during the conversation may look dated.still if like fps games or sci fi settings this is the game for you Expand
  62. Aug 12, 2016
    Possibly the best FPS game ever made or at least a good contender for that title. Everything from the gameplay mechanics to the story and the art direction make EFBB an unforgettable experience that transcends the video game medium.
  63. Nov 7, 2020
    I just finished this on PS3 as it was included with my copy of Dark Athena. Did this not come out on PS2 originally? Maybe that's why I never played it as a kid.

Anyways I was really impressed with how far ahead of its time this game was. It is a first person shooter/stealth game with RPG and platforming and survival-horror elements. It honestly reminded me of Fallout (years before that franchise went to first person shooter/RPG), Dishonored, and Prey. I was really impressed with the physics of this game. The dead body dragging stuff was really next level. I was impressed with the scope of this game especially considering it was a movie tie-in game that came out in 2004. They didn't have to go as big as they did but I'm glad they did. It's a fun game that moves quickly and there is a lot to explore. It's fairly linear but not wholly and it never feels like you are rehashing the same corridors over and over. Some of the graphical things were really impressive for the time too like how you will occasionally see Riddick's shadow based on the player movement and lighting.

But overall the graphics don't hold up and the textures and polygons mostly look like crap now. I did like the colors and overall design of this game. The characters' mouths moving when speaking is probably the worst offender of "past graphics that don't hold up" in this game.

The voice cast features plenty of actors/characters from the movies as well as a couple of big names from the industry. However, it felt like the game didn't get the most out of its cast. So many of the actors just sounded so sleepy during the whole thing.

As impressive as the physics were it seemed like you never had to use the dead body drag mechanic all that much. The AI was smart, almost too smart. Any time I tried stealth they would spot you immediately. You would barely peak out of a corner and the guards would start blasting you. This caused me to basically abandon stealth all together and basically speed run the game. I liked that there were little RPG style fetch quest side missions, but I played the game fairly linearly and before I knew it I was escaping from Butcher Bay and the credits were rolling. I never got a chance to return some of the items I found along the way because the game didn't bring me back to the spot where I accepted the quest. I guess that's on me for assuming it would.

Overall this was a really impressive game given the year it came out and the type of game it was. It reminded me of so many modern games I've played in the last 10 years or so. It was fun, interesting, and a breeze to get through. I'm really glad a copy of this was included with my PS3 version of Dark Athena because the obsessive compulsive completionist in me felt like I had to play the first game first. It's better than most movie games you will come across, but it's not without its pitfalls. Onto Dark Athena now.

#6 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#25 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

Generally favorable reviews - based on 84 Critic Reviews

1. A finely crafted gaming experience that will not soon be duplicated. The action, script and presentation are all worthy of the highest praise.
  2. Butcher Bay soundly defeats "Halo" and takes it's place as FPS of this generation.
  3. Merges both action and stealth perfectly to create a completely enthralling experience. Whereas it's a definite split between the two in most other titles, Butcher Bay fuses the two seamlessly, resulting in an entirely satisfying experience that plays wonderfully.