Columbia Pictures | Release Date: March 13, 2020
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 80 Ratings
Watch Now
KeithDowMar 13, 2020
One must assume that while the world is at the mercy of a global pandemic and every other high profile film release on record is being delayed, the producers behind Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ simply decided to say “ahh the heck with it, justOne must assume that while the world is at the mercy of a global pandemic and every other high profile film release on record is being delayed, the producers behind Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ simply decided to say “ahh the heck with it, just put the movie out and maybe we’ll get a bump in market share.”

What’s the worst that can happen? The film opens poorly, just as everyone already suspected it would?

The problem with ‘Bloodshot’ is that there’s nothing we haven’t seen plenty of times before. Vin Diesel in a white tank top? Check. Man gets killed, brought back to life using cutting-edge technology making him stronger, faster, and more resilient? Check. Man uses newfound abilities to go on a revenge spree and avenge the murder of his wife? Check.

Perhaps we should be lauding Vin Diesel for getting paid millions of dollars to play the same character for twenty years. The only problem is that him doing so forces film critics like me to watch his movies. Ray, his character in ‘Bloodshot,’ isn’t interesting at all—either before or after his transformation. It’s just Vin with a different three letter name, like a dozen other characters he’s played recently, featuring the same brooding look and tough-guy mannerisms.

Instead of going to the movie theater and potentially catching coronavirus—or worse, having to sit through ‘Bloodshot’—stream some other similar (and better) flicks instead, such as ‘Hardcore Henry’ or ‘Upgrade.’
Nobilis1984Mar 13, 2020
Another flat and unimaginative adaptation of a comic with a bad and too old action star. Vin Diesel should consider changing the genre. No one needs these cheap-looking action movies.
KlebartMar 13, 2020
This is a cash grab. Either the comic book or the studio decided to sell out. The movie was a generic movie that you could have seen anytime. In today's day and age a blah movie like this should be made fun of. I only watched it because myThis is a cash grab. Either the comic book or the studio decided to sell out. The movie was a generic movie that you could have seen anytime. In today's day and age a blah movie like this should be made fun of. I only watched it because my plans for the evening were cancelled last minute. The casting as Vin Diesel as the lead did not do the comic justice. I kept trying to match him to the comic but couldn't. Almost any other actor could have starred in this film. Overall this movie was a pass. Expand
The3AcademySinsMar 13, 2020
This is the Slender Man of superhero movies. No joke. It's that bad. Luckily, its also hilarious.
7277hwhMar 13, 2020
Bloodshot wasn’t what I expected. Not only did the trailers give way too much away it wasn’t worth watching in theaters. Save your money and wait til it comes out on dvd.
SoulWarfareApr 4, 2020
Bloodshot is the latest attempt by a studio to potentially start another cinematic universe and in this case, the Valiant Comics cinematic universe. The film stars Vin Diesel as the titular character, Ray Garrison (didn't even remember hisBloodshot is the latest attempt by a studio to potentially start another cinematic universe and in this case, the Valiant Comics cinematic universe. The film stars Vin Diesel as the titular character, Ray Garrison (didn't even remember his actual name), who is brought to life by an advanced technology that gives him the ability of superhuman strength and fast healing and with these abilities, he will go avenge his wife. However, He soon comes to learn that not everything he learns can be trusted.

One positive thing I can say about this movie is that the concept itself is really interesting. The main character's ability is cool and the premise itself is intriguing enough even though the trailer spoils it. Anyway, that is it. I love Vin Diesel because he sounds like an amazing person in real life but my god he sucks in this movie. His delivery for what is meant to be an emotional scene is so laughably bad. For example, his wife dies in front of him and he shows little to no emotion and its just so hilarious. Most of his scenes are either him being quiet or just yelling all the time and it is just so bad. The plot is also dumb and butchers the premise by making it become a generic sci-fi action movie. The bad guys are obvious and the good guys are also obvious right from the get-go which makes any twist feel dull. Apart from the titular character, none of the character motivation seems to make any sense. Good guys helping the main character just because they are good guys and bad guys doing bad things just because. You never really understand why any of these characters are doing things. Additionally, there are just so many scenes of endless exposition that dragged and feel like info dumps just because they want to treat us, the audience, as if they are stupid or something. The action scenes are also edited with rapid cuts that are just annoying. There is also so much CGI in all these very noticeable action scenes. To be fair the action scenes are so dumb that they are kind of fun to watch. There is an action scene where a CGI Vin diesel, yes you heard that right, is punching someone in an elevator while they are falling is kinda amazing. For David S. F. Wilson directorial debut, he did a terrible job. One nitpick of a terrible film, there was a scene in London where it was clearly not London and that baffled me so much because why did they have to call it London? There was no reason for it...

Overall, this movie is the dumbest movie I watched in ages. This is a movie that feels like it came out 20 years ago and honestly probably should have never been made. However, this movie is so bad that it is kind of entertaining. My recommendation is to watch it drunk or with friends/family just to tear into the movie because you want a bad movie. However, if you're looking for an interesting superhero movie then I can safely say this isn't it.
dulymanApr 7, 2020
Generic and poor. The only good thing about this movie was given away in the trailer.