7.1

1. Oct 6, 2010
    It's a little genius of a comic film with a genius comic behind him. Baron Cohen somehow mixes the ridiculous with the believeable to make people think he really is Borat and then makes the American people look stupid and foolish. But is there some dark, underlying, non-comic theme here? Maybe America isn't such a great nation as we all like to think.
  2. Oct 10, 2011
    Jagshemash! "Borat: Cultural Learnings of...screw this" is a offensive movie, thanks to the skillfully annoying 'clown' Sacha Baron Cohen, that will create massive haters for its extreme mock/satire. But, as a hater of the movie, I knew that the elusive film wasn't lying about their greedy, selfish, unfriendly portrayal of us; they were correct of our foolishness.
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    Not funny? insults a foreign country? insults people? are you really going to complain about these things now? The people that say all these things are people that really are not into movies, because that thing of insulting others has been the killing punch of all comic movies, all comic movies insult other people and other countries. Remember Charlie Chaplin making fun of Hitler? or Team America making fun of China? come on!!! and other dozen movies that come to my mind. Or how about the whole country making fun of their own elected president on national media (George W. Bush) because he was holding a book upside down! I say hypocrites. Leaving my aggravation aside, the movie it's just daring, very brave and smart. It's not perfect but it sure was one of the best comic movies of its time. Expand
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Like watching a clown getting into a car crash, "Borat" is hard to watch, yet impossible not to watch. In the end, it proves to be an unbelievably amusing mockumentary.
  5. Aug 19, 2010
    Sasha Baron Cohen with his feature length film about everyone's favourite Kazakstani.
    SBC does have a knack (as he did wth Ali G) of making the general public look stupid through their own ignorance with the etiquette coaches being my personal favourite. Everytime I get in a lift now I think about "the room" bit too.
    Although a lot of it is staged, it is still very, very funny with a few
    toe-curling cringe moments thrown in. Expand
  6. Jun 20, 2011
    Not only a truly great modern comedy, but more importantly, still funny after the 100th time you've watched it (well, almost). It's not always funny, but when it is, it's bloody hilarious. I wouldn't call it all that clever though, the fun stems from the publics' brilliant reactions.
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    Seeing Borat for the first time was a revelation. No one had ever before pushed the envelope so far, so much, and so...smart. Never before had someone created such a clever satire as to rouse the praises of even the stuffiest critic, while being so low-brow and dirty as to make even the dumbest guy you went to high school with say "Very nice!" over and over again. Though virtually forgotten now, it's worth the revisit. Expand
  8. Aug 8, 2012
    Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan is an unbelievably funny comedy made by an absolute comic genius at the height of his powers. Whilst the documentary nature of the movie ultimately holds it back from attaining perfection, it is such a delight to see Sacha Baron Cohen carefully set up the noose and then watch his idiot victims eagerly walk into it and hang themselves. This is a movie that makes me laugh so much that it's sometimes hard to catch a breath! Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2011
    All I can say is what a movie! There were some parts that were hilarious and some parts that were just disturbing! But Borat has a different type of humour which you either love it or hate it. But I am one of those people who loves this type of humour.
  10. Oct 7, 2011
    A one of a kind film that is as cuttingly insightful as is it incredibly funny. Borat cleverly manipulates people into saying what they really mean and showing their true selves through various interviews and surreal situations. He engages with multiple elements of modern America and manages to extract humor by pushing them past their comfort zones. The fact that a story was intertwined with all this only adds to the films excellence. Expand
  11. Mar 23, 2013
    Real amusing and funny film. Laughed hard watching this.
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    Borat was very funny, but it could of done a little better. They could of made it the greatest movie in the world. But I still think that Borat is one of the most funny movies that I've ever seen.
  13. Jul 10, 2011
    Usually I'm not one to leave a movie in-progress, but I couldn't stand this one. I made it about twenty minutes before turning it off. I was quite pleased that I hadn't wasted movie fare on this unfunny, low-brow stinkburger.
  14. j30
    Feb 13, 2012
    Borat is a flat out hilarious movie, where Sacha Baron Cohen shins on every level. The only reason I don't give the movie a 10 is some of the scenes go on for way too long and kind of lose their welcome. Regardless I highly recommend this film.
  15. Dec 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jagshemash! I laughed so hard! It's offensive but it's really great! Borat must be one of the funniest movies ever! If you're a jew, you might not like it that much, but Cohen is too...I watched the movie a couple of times, and it is really made perfectly. The mocking of jews, Kazakhstan and the scene in which they run around naked are all great... Watch the movie! Expand
  16. Dec 8, 2011
    It started off so good and it is funny at parts but it just gets so stupid that you cant look past it. A lot of wasted potential in this film but its still solid.
  17. Feb 24, 2013
    Out of all of Sacha Baron Cohen's characters, Borat is by far the funniest and that's why he decided to make his first big studio film about him. There is no doubt this movie is hysterical, anyone who doesn't find this funny really must have something wrong with them, but how far is too far to push the envelope? I don't get offended easily, but lines like "Senator Chocolate Face" and "the Jews repeating their attack of 9/11" were more than slightly over the line. While the line is much further away in the uncensored market, it does still exist, and Cohen does cross it on several occasions. I laughed until I cried, Borat is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I was however offended by several of the things he said and that's why It gets 4 instead of 5 stars. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2012
    It's not for everyone, Let's just get that clear. It's the kind of humor that some people will find hilarious while others find it stupid. That being said, It's still a funny film imo and pretty memorable as well. I liked it.
  19. RSK
    Mar 8, 2012
    There are only a handful of comedies that I would give a 10, and this is one of them. I've never seen a funnier performance than Sacha's in this movie. All-time classic.
  20. Feb 24, 2013
    Borat has some very funny scenes, especially in the beginning, but I began to notice a little past the half way mark the movie was starting to drag. You can only go so far with shock humor before it becomes redundant.
  21. Jun 11, 2013
    Tiring and down-right disgusting at times. The movie made its point a few minutes in, and after that it just becomes boring. I just found it to be obnoxious and vile.
  22. May 17, 2012
    This is the first Sacha Baron Cohen movie I have ever seen (Hugo doesn't count) and I have to say....it lived up to my expectations. Everyone I know has been telling me to watch this film and it truly is one of the funniest films I have ever seen. From beginning to end, there is not one boring scene. Sacha Baron Cohen is a great comic and the biggest "troll" of all time. Every single thing he does in this film is hilarious throughout from running nude in a hotel all the way to attempting to kidnap Pamela Anderson. Borat is just plain fun...not for the whole family though. I'm sure Cohen has many haters for this film but I see it as just him doing his job, being an entertainer. And he really delivers. Expand
  23. May 17, 2012
    This is very funny movie!! Sacha Baren Cohen makes me laugh everytime he does something stupid!
    This movie is one of my favourites! This movie was nominated for Oscar foe a reason!
  24. Jun 1, 2012
    Great social commentary on political correctness and how far people will go to show they accept others who are different from them to make themselves look accepting. But in reality can't handle it once they actually get to know the person.
  25. Jul 20, 2012
    Borat is stupid, sooooooo stupid. It isn't even funny. It goes beyond the line of funny, into stupidness, BEYOND stupidness and into something which is just... disgusting. I'm not easily offended, or anything like that, but anyone with sense would just find the film just... it's the worst film I've ever seen. I watched an hour of it and I will not watch anymore. I won't even watch the part I've seen again.
    I'm a teenager myself (15 years old), and if other people like it when they're just stupid in my opinion. Anyone in the right sense of mind cannot possibly like a film like this. It isn't smart, funny, witty or anything like that which a comedy film SHOULD be. It's just stupid, ridiculous, offensive and sooooooooo graphic. Some of the things it says, some of the things that happen... I swear it should be banned.

Worst film ever. If you want a good comedy, try something like Hot Fuzz.
  26. Aug 19, 2012
    This movie was absolutely hilarious, I'd love to watch it again sometime soon, it kept me laughing throughout the whole thing. The title of the film itself is hilarious. But the best part is that the story isn't even that bad for a comedy film, it is almost believable.
  27. Dec 22, 2012
    The whole purpose of this movie is be a mockumentary. Sacha Baron Cohen is actually a Jewish person; and while some gags are truly worth seeing, to me, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan is worth while. Comically timed, and portrayed by actual people...this movie couldn't have been funnier. B+
  28. Jan 14, 2013
    This movie is absolutely hilarious, and great for the over 13 crowd. With it's colorful cast, interesting premise, and original plot, Borat surely is a 9/10. It could have been a tiny bit longer, but aside from that, this film is perfect.
  29. Feb 7, 2013
    I dont mind offensive if it serves some kind of purpose. I guess the creators purpose was to be funny and point out cultural idiosyncrasies. What they got is just offensive pile of that is this movie.

not even remotely funny unless you definition of funny is toilet humor
  30. Sep 4, 2013
    [9.1] Few can pull off such an incredibly intelligent and culturally aware comedy with the incredible crudity and offensiveness as this one has. Borat is hilarious in every way possible, quite literally. From blaming the Jewish for 9/11 to throwing a chicken on the ground, Borat doesn't leave any ground uncovered. All of this with the unawareness of mostly unwilling participants, this movie may not be the first to do what it does, but it does it in the most clever, satisfying, and entertaining way possible. Expand
  31. Dec 8, 2013
    The movie takes aim at both individuals and social institutions, and this time lampoons not just America but the world outside it by Borat's reactions. In a strange way though, it also says some rather nice things about our country, simply by comparison to Borat's backwards, savage little home. Ultimately though, it's offensive, vicious, and unrelenting in its satire of everyone and everything. It's also ridiculously funny. There are things in this film that will literally blow your mind. A day after I saw it, I still have a hard time believing that the Borat's big finale actually happened. How does he get away with it? It's a rare movie that manages to be disgusting, filthy, and incredibly intelligent all at once. Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius, and his new film is a comedic masterpiece. Oh, and wow wow wee waa is it ever funny. Expand
  32. Jun 9, 2013
    Stop reading reviews watch that movie and laugh till you cry
  33. Jul 13, 2013
    This movie is terrible.....NOT
    Jak siÄ™ masz!
    Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan is a classic. I'd say it's one of the funniest movie of all time.
  34. Nov 15, 2013
    A generally offensive, gross and a laugh-out-loud funny movie. There's a lot of laughs to be had, and it's uniquely created by actually combining real-time events with characters made for the story. It's a movie not to be forgotten for it's uniqueness and by the laughs that you'll definitely get by watching this (Final Score: 8.02)
  35. Dec 12, 2013
    So stupid it's funny. The titular character delivers many controversial laughs, so stay away if you're easily offended. I'm actually surprised it has such a high score.
  36. Mar 7, 2014
    from the guy who stars in the dicator is always a **** asswhole in borat and bruno . but it gave me a few laughs . it shows people who just discover america are dicks but thats not true go **** yourself sacha baron cohen

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Wildly funny. Its best jokes approach some savage, atavistic core of cultural taboo and make the viewer wonder: Is it really possible to laugh at this? But by the time you formulate that question, it's too late: You're already laughing.
    Borat isn't just one of the funniest movies of the year, it might be one of the funniest movies of all time.
    As clever as he is crude, Cohen alchemizes bad-taste comedy into Strangelovean satire.