Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: December 15, 2000
Mixed or average reviews based on 148 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
KevinMMar 13, 2009
I really hope nobody expected something deep or even a point from this movie. Also if you're not completely dead inside like Mark B., you might find this to be one for your list of 20 funniest screwball comedies you've ever seen.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DarthHazerOct 6, 2016
Dude, Where's My Car? is an adventurous adventure in humor that will take new on a new adventure in humor that you have never gone on before. It puts a new twist on humor that has not been seen since Encino Man. 10/10 amazing.
RahulDApr 20, 2008
I don't see why people enjoy this. It was the worst comedy I have ever seen. If you want to watch a "stupid" but funny comedy, try Zoolander or even Harold and Kumar.
2 of 3 users found this helpful
EmmaP.Sep 22, 2001
THIS MOVIE IS MY FAVORITE ONE! I never had so much fun in my life watching movies and I hate dumb comedies, so this movie is just Sweeeeeeeet dude!
3 of 5 users found this helpful
durfthesmurfMay 17, 2011
This movie is the FUNNIEST movie i have ever seen! if your into DUMB "stoner" comedies, you'll love this one!
MatthewR.May 19, 2010
I will never get those 84 minutes of my life back. Awful, really awful.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
WhyNot?Feb 17, 2009
Okay, so "Dude, Where's My Car?" may not be the best film of the past decade. So what? It's not like there aren't movies WORSE than this -- there are plenty. The plotline seemed a little confusing to me -- who are the German Okay, so "Dude, Where's My Car?" may not be the best film of the past decade. So what? It's not like there aren't movies WORSE than this -- there are plenty. The plotline seemed a little confusing to me -- who are the German guys? -- but the characters are lovable doofuses. I did find myself laughing a couple times, but I didn't particularly like how almost every part of the movie centered on the main characters' stupidity. Overall, I feel that the movie was average. It's no masterpiece, but it's okay for a laugh on a boring day. I give this movie a 53/100. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
BR4NDONcecMay 26, 2012
OH MAH GAWD! This movaayyy is soooo fannny its oonbiluvabllll wach it nooooowwwww its amasing! and when hes all like hum da poop cat ballsack it was sooo fanny!
cameronmorewoodNov 12, 2012
What makes this romp more than a dud, is the sweet hangin' buddy chemistry between Kutcher and Scott.
Kai82May 3, 2021
This was my prime „So bad that it is good“ example before Sharknado took the crown of this category. It is a comedy in the “Hangover” style only far more crazy and years early than the Hangover franchise started. For me it is the good kind ofThis was my prime „So bad that it is good“ example before Sharknado took the crown of this category. It is a comedy in the “Hangover” style only far more crazy and years early than the Hangover franchise started. For me it is the good kind of silly, cheesy and hilariousness. The movie takes itself not serious and the viewer should follow this example. It is a true B movie with all benefits and weaknesses that come with it. This means also that it is a hit or miss movie and anything from a 1/10 up to a 10/10 is valid. The movie starts with the 2 friends Jesse and Chester awakening with a hangover and no memories what happened. There are a few weird clues and their car is missing. This sets them up on an adventure trip to find out what happen step by step following their footsteps. However this ends up far stranger than they and the viewer could have imagined. Like I already said the story should be really silly and bad but it is so entertaining. It has a strange appeal and is entertaining enough that I give a positive rating. I repeat that I do not doubt the poor ratings of others or critics. The humor works well but it is not for everyone. It is not as hilarious as for example Dumb & Dumber but goes in the same direction (More serious but still hilarious to clarify that statement). I think it is even a whole experience for what they want to archive. Lets continue with the actors and acting. We have Aston Kutcher as Jesse and Seann William Scott as Chester. Both deliver a great performance and nail their roles. It is the kind that is spot on for the script but will never be remembered or praised;-). The rest of the cast is full of interesting characters I should not spoil. I had already forgotten that Jennifer Garner (Alias), Korsty Swanson (Buffy movie not TV series and yes there was a movie first) and Maria Sokoloff (The Practice) were in this movie. I think it is possible they want this to be forgotten. Special praise for Freda Foh Shen who has only a voice role but is quite memorable. For its budget of 13 million the movie looks good (Some effects but not much). The soundtrack is solid with tracks from Harvey Danger, Grand Theft Audio, Zebrahead and others. Overall I think I already gave my final rating. It is a hit or miss movie or the so bad it is good category. There is sadly no recommendation possible for everyone. Financially it was successful earning multiple times its production cost but not reaching 100 million dollars. Worth giving a try if you like B movie with a flair of (enjoyable) silliness. Expand
EpicLadySpongeJun 6, 2016
Dude, where's an actual negative review when you need one over a bunch of users defending over a movie? Sorry, but "Dude, Where's My Car?", as a comedy, fails to have any taste buds related to it while overall, it's just plain terrible.
JonakandMar 16, 2017
Possibly the worst movie ever made...i felt like i wanted a refund on the time it took out of my life. I cannot think of i movie i liked less than this one.
EmmaP.Sep 22, 2001
TimR.Oct 5, 2005
The best and funny movie EVER.
SeanC.Aug 2, 2006
If you didn't like it, you didn't get it.
RobY.Feb 26, 2008
if you didnt like this movie your probably a boring old fart it is hilarious. what makes it good is that its stupid
Tss5078Feb 23, 2013
Ok, ok, we all know about my affinity for Ashton Kutcher, however I don't give all his movies 5 stars. Dude, is absolutely ridiculous, stupid, pointless, basically, a classic stoner comedy. While it has no real point to it, it does have someOk, ok, we all know about my affinity for Ashton Kutcher, however I don't give all his movies 5 stars. Dude, is absolutely ridiculous, stupid, pointless, basically, a classic stoner comedy. While it has no real point to it, it does have some pretty funny lines and that's what earns it 2 stars. In my opinion, the movie is nowhere near as raunchy as it has to be. Movies like this are based on cheap laughs, and when it's PG-13 without a single boob or F bomb, it's just nothing special. By the end the film, it was just totally out of control. I should have just turned it off, but I suffered through to the end. Basically this movie was the foundation for Harold Kumar. It was ok, but just wasn't funny enough. Expand
xcava86xJan 5, 2018
fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie fun movie
MightyZLordJun 7, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Despite Danny Leiner's failed attempt to make a good movie, I still find 2000's 'Dude Where's My Car?' very fun. Most people consider these types of films to be so bad, they're actually entertaining! Also known as 'Guilty Pleasures'.

There were a ton of unnecessary laughable scenes in this film but what I found the most funny, was that one sequence where Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott's characters kept complimenting each other about their so called "Sweet Tattoos." Everything about Dude Where's My Car? is enjoyable, (in it's own weird way) but what I found the most inessential was when they brought in the "Continuum Transfunctioner."

I'd have to give this film a 3 because I don't entirely hate Dude Where's My Car? But most parts of this movie were just pathetic.
amheretojudgeJun 14, 2018
not embarrassing but insulting..

Dude, Where's My Car? The ludicrous tone of a script too demands some sensibility or at least boundaries that draws a line and differentiates between ridiculous and funny and far away from this line on the
not embarrassing but insulting..

Dude, Where's My Car?

The ludicrous tone of a script too demands some sensibility or at least boundaries that draws a line and differentiates between ridiculous and funny and far away from this line on the wrong side of it lies such features. There is not a single piece of lose thread to hold on to for the viewers let along a piece of art to explore in it. Such features begs the questions on the very existence of it and if the answer to it is the commercial cinema or the box-office results, then the industry better worry about the future and the danger they are in, rather than the quality of it. The screenplay is a plethora of non-related jokes or skits that is culminated in here in an act that shatters before it even picks itself up. Addition to that, if somehow one reaches to its last act (kudos to you) the off-putting and endangering sequence projected in the end will enrage one rather than be disappointed in it. Dude, Where's My Car? is accurately titled; that is the question, a question that it all leaves you with for the experience that one encounters in here is not embarrassing but insulting to its genre itself.
Toasty87Jul 10, 2020
Typical late 90s early 00s comedy very funny in most parts and I always watch it at least 3-4 times a year.
MrPajamasAug 24, 2021
English (American)
English (American)
I don't really know what to say. Not much plot. Just a comedy that relies on jokes. It's hard to tell if it's succeeding. I personally laughed a lot. I'd probably only recommend it to people who are in the mood to have a good time, otherwise this movie offers nothing. Just an average comedy.
ChunkDumpDec 22, 2020
stoner movie of that year. 20 years later and im still laughing at the same dumb **** this movie has to offer. i havent seen these two in a movie together ever since. no need for sequel.
SuperbaDMIkeJun 15, 2022
Dude Where's my car is a movie that is short but is funny to watch and sc-fi-ish to watch