Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: August 7, 2015
2.6
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 907 Ratings
Watch Now
DCEdmondsAug 8, 2015
"Fantastic Four" 10 Scale Rating: 2.5 (Terrible) ...

"Fantastic Four" 10 Scale Rating: 2.5 (Terrible) ...

The Good: The first 10-15 minutes of the film are great. Showing child genius Reed Richards and his friendship with Ben Grimm (pre-Miles Teller and Jamie Bell) when they are 5th graders was entertaining and somewhat endearing. The cast itself was not the problem. These are talented young actors who did what was asked of them. Jamie Bell before his transformation into the rocky Thing was especially solid. Reg E. Cathey was great as the father of Sue Storm (Kate Mara) and Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan) and gave the film it's few emotional moments. Toby Kebbell was the best of the bunch as Victor von Doom. They make it obvious to non-comic fans that he's destined to be a villain, but he did an amazing job pre-transformation. While the effects mostly missed their mark (more on that later), a couple of scenes looked good.

The Bad: There is a long list of things that went wrong with this film, but the most glaring is the story. Completely basic and straight-forward, the film offers nothing new or interesting and even calling it a run-of-the-mill sci-fi story would be an exaggeration. The film instantly starts breaking down the moment the foursome get their powers and gets steadily worse from there. Kate Mara's Sue Storm (Invisible Woman) did little aside from looking concerned and MIcheal B. Jordan's Johnny Storm (Human Torch) was forced into the film and never felt like he belonged. Much was made about the casting of Jordan as Mara's brother in the film due to their skin color, but that ultimately didn't matter as you wouldn't know they were related if they didn't tell you multiple times. There was no heart to the film and zero sense of family, which is what makes the source material great. Tim Blake Nelson played government bad guy Harvey Elder and I cringed every time he appeared. I don't know if he chose not to take the role seriously, but he was so hammy and over-the-top that he was difficult to watch. The film's main villain, Doctor Doom, was terrible. His origin is silly and made little sense. Unlike the Fantastic Four themselves, Doom had a vague and ever-changing set of powers ranging from telekinesis to geokinesis to the odd ability to make people's head explode with a mere thought ... which he decided not to do to the film's heroes, for whatever reason. While Jamie Bell does an admirable job as Ben Grimm, once he becomes the Thing, his voice is a horrible fit and stuck out like a sore thumb every time he spoke. The film's effects, which should have been a plus for a film like this, were sloppy and laughably bad. At times Human Torch and Thing looked like cartoons and every action scene looked better in the trailer than in the finished product. In fact, the majority of the exciting scenes from the trailer were inexplicably removed from the film. Lastly, the film's final act is rushed and you're not even sure what exactly happens. Doom returns from Earth X for all of five minutes, the Fantastic Four follow him back and defeat him five minutes later. Roll credits. While it is not one of the worst movies of all time, it is hands down among the worst super hero films of all time. It is better than Batman and Robin as well as Catwoman, landing it in squarely in the range of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Spider-Man 3.
thehenmanAug 7, 2015
This is one of the worst films I've seen in years. The special effects are terrible, the script is garbage, and worst of all it is totally boring to boot. It's worse by far that the last films and that's saying something. The director isThis is one of the worst films I've seen in years. The special effects are terrible, the script is garbage, and worst of all it is totally boring to boot. It's worse by far that the last films and that's saying something. The director is renowned for being a bit of a ass and it shows in this pile of nonsense. Avoid this movie torrent it of you must. Don't give them your money. Expand
Greg3GemAug 7, 2015
I am simply amazed how little attention was given to the source material. The story was brutal and rushed. The cast was pretty good but the story and script were just plain terrible. It;s a shame that these iconic comic characters have onceI am simply amazed how little attention was given to the source material. The story was brutal and rushed. The cast was pretty good but the story and script were just plain terrible. It;s a shame that these iconic comic characters have once again been dragged through the mud. Expand
MrMovieBuffAug 7, 2015
Well, well, well...after months and months of controversy surrounding principal photography, this is the result of a movie that was doomed from start to finish (no pun intended).

'Fantastic Four' or "FANT4STIC" is a half-assed, lazily

'Fantastic Four' or "FANT4STIC" is a half-assed, lazily made, dull and rushed cinematic defecation. Not many people were fussed on seeing this movie due to the controversy, and it seems that they were right that this would be a disaster.

The movie starts off where we see a young Reed Richards (Owen Judge) as he attempts to create a dimensional transporting device that will lead to another planet. He becomes friends with a young Ben Grimm (Evan Hannemann) who helps him with this experiment. First problem with this scene is that it is incredibly rushed and their friendship is built, but we do not see it growing, they just agree to help each other for some reason.

Then, 7 years later, a much older Reed (Miles Teller) and Ben (Jamie Bell) are taking this project to the next level, presenting it at a science presentation and the teachers and staff have their doubts. That is, until they are approached by Franklin Storm (Reg E Cathey) with his adopted daughter, Sue Storm (Kate Mara). Franklin is intrigued with Reed's experiment and wants him to join his lab where they can further this technology.

Michael B Jordan plays Johnny Storm, the biological son of Franklin, he is a bit of a hot-head (no pun intended, again), always getting himself in danger with racing and being rebellious. Franklin wants him to join to build the experiment, he refuses at first, but tags along anyway.

Franklin then calls in the last person, Victor Von Doom (Toby Kebbel), who is jealous that someone seems to be more successful at stealing his idea. He reluctantly joins only because he "trusts Sue Storm", apparently, they had some kind of history, but this is not further developed properly, only through small, awkward talk do we see them looking as if they had any sort of history.

The actors in this movie do fine in their roles, playing them with as much charisma as the screenplay allows them, but there is no chemistry between any of the actors. It just feels like four talented actors from really good movies forced by some devil-may-care director to get along with each other.

This is a huge problem, as when it comes to superhero ensemble films, chemistry is the most important thing. Joss Whedon did this very well with the different kinds of heroes in 'The Avengers' (2012), bringing in different heroes with different backgrounds, but their chemistry felt real, you can tell the actors got along.

Bryan Singer also achieved this in the "X-Men" movies, bringing in different mutants with different abilities and how they team up seamlessly to fight their enemies.

The "Fantastic Four" are supposed to be close friends from the get-go, but the fact that these actors could only make small talk with each other is problematic, you don't believe in their "friendship" because they don't seem to care, and neither should you.

Dr Doom's design is also laughable, Kebbel is a gifted actor and proved it with 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' (2014), but here, he is weighed down by cliches. The cliche that the villain has had something done to him, he is tied to a hospital bed, an agent tries to talk calm to him, but the villain looks and says "You can't stop this!", kills the doctors and agents around him, blows the massive door open, unties himself from the bed and walks down a corridor with the lights flashing constantly in the dark...it's 2015! We don't see this in comic book movies anymore.

The final battle scene is also cliche and very quick, it involves Doom sucking the earth in a black hole...why does every villain want earth to be sucked in a black hole??? He stands before the four heroes looking at the destruction, the lead says "Victor! Don't do this!", he then answers "It's already too late", I'm paraphrasing, but that's what you get.

The lead hero then looks at his "friends" and says "He's stronger than us, but he's not stronger than all of us!", and then Doom is taken down in one punch and the final battle only lasted five minutes leaving you with a big "Is that it???"

Josh Trank clearly didn't care for this project, the troubled production and his unusual behavior caused Fox to just throw this film in release and just pretend it never happened. They were selling 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' (2014) like it was "The Avengers", but you can tell they were ashamed of this movie.

The only good thing is that it looks less animated than the 2005 film, but I'd prefer to watch that movie...
Justcool777Aug 7, 2015
Fantastic four in my opinion isn't a much better rendition than the earlier movies with a heavy atmosphere along with a light story. I do believe that this version could have been executed as a much 'fantastic' movie.
Although on the bright
Although on the bright side, good delivery by Kate Mara, Miles Teller,and Jamie Bell bringing a few(ill say it again--few) 'smile & 'giggle' moments where in most were dull.
I did expect a better performance from Michael Jordan and his depiction of the human torch and i believe it needed more.....'torchiness'...,

Overall, it was very bland in its story lacking a good plot and storyline. A good cast but poor overall execution.
MrTibsterAug 7, 2015
A film that makes Batman & Robin look like the Citizen Kane of Superhero movies.

A failure of a film that is worse than the 2005 movie (my god... was that possible?) Everything is bad: The direction is shoddy and nothing flows, feels all

Everything is bad:
The direction is shoddy and nothing flows, feels all over the place.
Acting is lifeless beyond belief (Like... Hayden Christensen lifeless).
Script is awful (Example): "What if I say no?" "Say yes". That's it... wow.
Editing seems to be done by blind drunks.
CGI is worse than Terminator 2, which was from the 90's.
Ending is....... well bad is all I can say

Overall the second worst film so far this year (1st being United Passions)
Don't see this, please don't.
Oh and Fox... DON'T YOU DARE MESS UP DEADPOOL.
NerdConsultantAug 7, 2015
Fantastic Four is utterly terrible. It plays like a TV pilot than movie and as a result nothing happens leaving it to be an uninventive boring mess that makes you want to yell at the screen for something anything to happen. With awfulFantastic Four is utterly terrible. It plays like a TV pilot than movie and as a result nothing happens leaving it to be an uninventive boring mess that makes you want to yell at the screen for something anything to happen. With awful characters that have little depth and no progression, terrible miscasts and acting and a plot that went absolutely nowhere this was a complete waste of 1 hour and 40 minutes. The effects and fight scenes are awefull and it’s clear this was a shameless get them in get them out movie off the conveyer belt made because 20th century fox realized they still had the rights to Fantastic Four and were hoping to fool people with the top quality of comic movies. They failed and it’s just as bad as the 2005 version. Fox plans to have a crossover between Fantastic Four and X Men but this film is so bad I think that’s been squashed before it’s even started like this films terrible attempts to have sequel. Expand
kheasAug 7, 2015
Dull, dreary and unfun. Much like the Roger Corman film of the same name, this movie should have never been released. If you want a good Fantastic Four film, rent The Incredibles.
DavidWardenAug 7, 2015
My oh my what have we come to.... you guys know I absolutely hated Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World but honestly this makes those movies seem like good flicks. Fantastic Four is even worse than Batman and Robin. Fantastic BORE gets an F !!!!!
roinujrinoAug 7, 2015
It is a good film, even that after the middle the quality gets down, it doesn't deserve your bad opinions!!! Besides it's better then the two first movies.
gab19Aug 15, 2015
Do not waste your time... I'm usually not that hard on films but oh man was this movie terrible. It just felt as if the whole movie was rushed did not feel at all like a fantastic 4 movie should have it's more like a sci fi film.
The 3rd act
The 3rd act of the movie was completely rushed , the final fight was barley entertaining. I'd rather watch the first 2 fantastic four movies than this.
ConorBAug 11, 2015
This move suffers from a lot of things I don't even know where to begin. There is very little character development, there is very little action, there is very little good with this movie.

On a side note the cast was great however they all

On a side note the cast was great however they all share little screen Time together and barely interact. The finale is plain stupid the villain is utterly wasted and overall the film is a pile of rubbish.
monkeyking95Aug 12, 2015
The only thing they got right was the cast, unfortunately for them they had to endure the clumsy pacing and cringe worthy character development which envelopes the entire film. This is a "must miss" film, simply don't watch it unless youThe only thing they got right was the cast, unfortunately for them they had to endure the clumsy pacing and cringe worthy character development which envelopes the entire film. This is a "must miss" film, simply don't watch it unless you enjoy weeping at wasted potential. Expand
gromitAug 18, 2015
A movie with absolutely no redeeming qualities. bad story, bad special effects, bad dialogue and poor direction. Will go down as one of the worst super hero movies of all time.
Karl2294Aug 19, 2015
Just don't bother, it's not worth the 100 minutes of your life.

Everything about this movie is wrong. In a time where superhero movies are epic, this is as dull and ill-thought as you could possibly imagine.
justinsirkin01Aug 21, 2015
Fantastic Four (2015) is a failed attempt to reboot the Fantastic Four comic franchise that I grew up loving. Fantastic Four (2005) was the movie I felt that this franchise was doomed (haha get it "Doomed") from it's rather weak start in theFantastic Four (2015) is a failed attempt to reboot the Fantastic Four comic franchise that I grew up loving. Fantastic Four (2005) was the movie I felt that this franchise was doomed (haha get it "Doomed") from it's rather weak start in the film adaptations. Fantastic Four (2015) fails across the board with bad acting, undeveloped plot, rushed editing, and rather cheap looking effects. The first half of film is nothing but settings and characters that fail in retrospect to its comics. One problem I had with it's predecessors was the lack of storytelling but at least it had somewhat of a story. This film however is so uneventful that it completely devolves from it's predecessors making it the worst adaptation of them all Expand
Fw9f1q0DYeAug 22, 2015
This movie is so garbage, even 2.5 is too low. I advice everyone from going to cinema for this movie.
Beware of fake 7+ score reviews, they are done by either trolls, or... Or trolls. I don't think any sane person would rate this movie higher then 4.
Do not watch it. Don't you dare give more money to the producers. This movie belongs in a dumpster.
marcmyworksDec 23, 2015
How could this movie all of a sudden get so bad so quickly? Honestly I would say the first half was terrific, it made me say to myself 'Why does everyone hate this?' and then BOOM a half hour towards the end we have a rushed superhero battleHow could this movie all of a sudden get so bad so quickly? Honestly I would say the first half was terrific, it made me say to myself 'Why does everyone hate this?' and then BOOM a half hour towards the end we have a rushed superhero battle with over-explained plot lines, a villain who is more laughable than villainous, overall acting and even worse special effects. The director was right to try to get his name off this hunk-o-junk. Expand
BrianMcCriticAug 8, 2015
I believe this film's downfall lies with the studio. The beginning of this film had some pretty good moments. Right up until 1 year later I felt director Josh Trank had made a pretty interesting film. Then came a film that seemed to haveI believe this film's downfall lies with the studio. The beginning of this film had some pretty good moments. Right up until 1 year later I felt director Josh Trank had made a pretty interesting film. Then came a film that seemed to have missed an entire middle instead deciding on a terrible montage scene. Then the finale is a complete disaster. An awful fight scene mixed with some of the worst dialogue in any superhero film ever. Not to mention the final agonizing scene. Overall first part gets a high 6, second part gets a low 1. D+ Expand
jgragg23Aug 9, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall the Fantastic 4 was fine. There was potential for it to be a 7 or an 8, but there a few things that hurt the movie. There were a few scenes that felt way too short and oddly cut. One of those scenes was when Reed was found by the military and they sent Thing to get him. I wish there was an actual fight scene between Reed and Thing. That would've made that scene so much better. Instead it abruptly ended with Reed getting knocked out.

Another thing that bothered me was the CG. There were times where it looked like a low budget science fiction movie. It's almost like they got lazy and didn't care.

I was really looking forward to seeing Dr. Doom, but I thought he looked stupid. There was definitely an improvement from the last two Fantastic 4 movies. He was easily the coolest part of the movie though. The best part was when Doom escaped and he was blowing people's heads up.

With a few tweaks this movie would've been great, but as it is it's getting a 6 out 0f 10 from me. Hopefully they don't make the same mistakes in the sequel if they are even still planning to make it.
Osiris606Oct 24, 2015
I honestly tried hard not to be outraged at this disgrace, but it's just too hard for me to keep it down. I don't want to discourage anyone from watching the movie, but it's really not worth spending your money on it. The first 20 minutes II honestly tried hard not to be outraged at this disgrace, but it's just too hard for me to keep it down. I don't want to discourage anyone from watching the movie, but it's really not worth spending your money on it. The first 20 minutes I find interesting and captivating, the cast was good enough to bring us a great movie, especially Victor Von Doom. I can relate to Doom much better than with the old movies and his appearance is also much better as is Ben Grimm's, however the overall gargantuan failure of the script writers and the budget managers is just unbearable.
Apparently they've wasted most they had on the first half of the movie and had to make due with what they had left for the second half, resulting in a horrible ending, and makes it very obvious that there was little thought put into the scenes, especially the last fight scene, not the mention the absence of the traditional end credit scene in almost every Marvel movie. All in all, this was a spit in the face of every Marvel fan, even if you're not a fan of the Fantastic 4. Every script writer is smug when it comes to hearing out ideas from fans, but I guarantee that 1 out of 10 fans, who have some vague idea of script writing would've given a better story for this budget and this cast as for the terrible effects, I have no words.
horizonbtsJan 31, 2016
Well into my 50's now, I can tell you that I read a lot of comic books as a kid. I couldn't wait to go to the news stand to spend my allowance on the 10 cent comics. I was into Super Hero's and Fantastic Four was one of my favorites. ForWell into my 50's now, I can tell you that I read a lot of comic books as a kid. I couldn't wait to go to the news stand to spend my allowance on the 10 cent comics. I was into Super Hero's and Fantastic Four was one of my favorites. For me this movie was a disaster, too bad it failed as I really did like the casting. I have seen the young talented actors Miles Teller in movies like Whiplash, Jamie Bell in Billy Elliot/Definace, and Michael B. Jordan on the TV series Parenthood. All can act and thought it would be over the top before it came out. Sadly for some reason they just can't bring this comic book and its characters justice. I did somewhat like the original two movies, but they still weren't quite the ticket either and came up short. This last installment with all that talent that they had was truly a huge disappointment. The depth of the script felt shallow and the action wasn't there either. The only depiction I found interesting was with Doctor Doom both in acting and the effects. Actually as bad as it was, I was still hoping with all the talent it would get another go around, but hear that they have already axed the sequel-too bad. Expand
Beastinballer0Feb 21, 2016
Honestly, this is the almost as bad as Batman and Robin. There is nothing good about this movie. I know this is an origin story, but it wastes good talent and creates a boring plot with terrible writing. There is no chemistry between theHonestly, this is the almost as bad as Batman and Robin. There is nothing good about this movie. I know this is an origin story, but it wastes good talent and creates a boring plot with terrible writing. There is no chemistry between the characters and Dr. Doom is the worst villain I've seen in portrayed on the big screen. This movie did not deserve any money because it is definitely one of the worst movies of all time. Expand
DyliebarMar 2, 2016
Okay, we got a great director, a great cast, and an awesome superhero team, that should be awesome, right??? What the hell happened here???? This is the biggest cinematic abortion I have seen in 4 years!!!!
BarnyMay 3, 2016
To me this is a passable movie, the special effects (CGI) are pretty good, the acting is almost convincing and the music is on par. However, the big problem is the story makes no sense and the alchemy between the characters, let alone theTo me this is a passable movie, the special effects (CGI) are pretty good, the acting is almost convincing and the music is on par. However, the big problem is the story makes no sense and the alchemy between the characters, let alone the actors, feels wrong. I felt the story made no sense because the character are shifting continuously from one type to another without sensible explanation. At some point they serve the military like obedient puppets then suddenly have a change of heart and decide to grow up. The character of Victor Von Doom does not make much more sense either. As for the story, the big point is clearly the establishment of a new franchise (which seems to be the exclusive selling point of any reboot these days) by declaring the name of their new group of buddies is "fantastic 4". Oh, shall I mention there is absolutely zero form of humour in this movie ? It is all just doom, gloom and superpowers, no lightheartedness. For me this kind of production goes straight on the shelf of failed reboots, as if a reboot could be anything but a failure in its core... Expand
Fabricionet232Aug 8, 2015
Fantastic Four it's a failed experiment. It started great, then started to get repetitive on the middle, then the ending sucked. The film's one and only action scene is awful and this is made worse by the fact that it was really short (1 or 2Fantastic Four it's a failed experiment. It started great, then started to get repetitive on the middle, then the ending sucked. The film's one and only action scene is awful and this is made worse by the fact that it was really short (1 or 2 minutes). I couldn't even imagine a 100 minutes superhero movie with only 1 minute of action, it blows my mind. Also, there's a lack of consequences -nobody cares about the events, the dialogue, nothing- so it's hard to relate to the characters. As for the villain, Dr. Doom lacks screen time and development, even if the actor does the best he can with what he's been given. The cast is great, but they can't save this film. Still, the movie tries it's best to do something original, and that's something i love. Expand
CallMeMrGeekAug 10, 2015
A film in which there is a prologue with more than 6 minutes, an origin story of a team that gains the powers almost in the break, and that only really comes together at the end of the film, not even giving the fans the happiness of seeing aA film in which there is a prologue with more than 6 minutes, an origin story of a team that gains the powers almost in the break, and that only really comes together at the end of the film, not even giving the fans the happiness of seeing a post-credits scene, will certainly not be a FANTASTIC movie, not commenting any issues related to a divergence from the comics, issue I just don't care.

But that's not why FOX should give up and return the rights to Marvel Comics. This film began a new Universe, other than the ones of the X-Men films, as told by the producers Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker The New York Daily News, such Universe that stays at sole discretion of those who pick it, as the way it is taking is already quite different from the original story or the previous film. Therefore, it would be a total waste to abandon this timeline, whose "trailer" has been released and has 90 minutes.

I think no one liked when the timelines of both Spider-Men (Tobey Maguire's one and Andrew Garfield's) were abandoned, leaving outstanding stories that hardly (not to say impossible) will be taken back in the comics.

It doesn't help when you have a Thing without genitals, a black-Human Torch, a love between Reed and Susan yet to be established and the film ends with the public still hoping to see the blue suits everyone loves, but I think all the actors have fit well into the character, and it's in the way of changing something, continuing to please the Genral Public, where you see the potential of a person and I think that this potential will be realized by everyone when our Quartet (more Fantastic than this time, I hope) returns to theaters and action in this film's sequel in 2017.
mukodemoludAug 14, 2015
Srl bad movie. Poor plot, poor characters and pathetic villain. What a waste of time. But the most important thing is that this movie is so f*****g booooring.
TheApplegnomeAug 14, 2015
So the one-massively criticized superhero flick is here, and it’s been called one of the worst movies ever made, a crappy Batman & Robin, and even "Craptastic Bore", but is it really that bad? The not so Fantastic Four is defently an originSo the one-massively criticized superhero flick is here, and it’s been called one of the worst movies ever made, a crappy Batman & Robin, and even "Craptastic Bore", but is it really that bad? The not so Fantastic Four is defently an origin story that takes well too long to tell, and that forgets important plot details and that’s well too short to be a superhero-flick and that never really pays off.

The first act is definitely the greater aspect, with its interesting plot and somewhat exciting events. But there are also some inlogical things, especially when it comes to the editing. That lack of greatness really escalated later in the second and third act. The characters are always the major detail of every movie that needs to be well written and presented, but I'm wondering if the writers were drunk or just stupid while they were writing it, because it's just so badly done. It took the half part of the movie just to get the characters going, so it took well too long to introduce them. The second thing is that we never got to see how our heroes developed and got control over their powers. The major reason is that the editing is so terrible. They skipped everything from how they got to learn to control their powers to how their friendships and chemistry developed! They therefor missed important plot and character details. That's a serious mistake for one that just were a part of the development of the X-Men franchise, well good luck on getting back there!

That's just one small aspect with all the big mistakes in this reboot, and another one is definitely the many and serious plot-holes throughout the whole movie. The storytelling is also very messy and just weird from time to time. But the real mistake is the lack of a greater third act. We didn't get to see the wrath of the villain until like 20 minutes before the movie ended...what the hell?! Another thing is that Dr Doom is extremely vaguely presented and there are very little relatable aspects with him. He's ugly too, and you can't really feel that understanding of him, why he's the villan. The only great thing about him is that he's defently scary. So yeah, it's not a flawless movie, not by a long shot.

But it doesn't end there; The crappy Fantastic Four also got some predictable moments, and dialogs here and there, and the movie is extremely short. The major BAD thing is that there are so much plot and character story missing, but why is the movie so short then? There are even shots in the trailers that looked promising, and some of them wasn't in the movie! Im stunned by how this movie even became to be this bad. Even the climax is just too short and well too rushed for its own good. Sure it got some cool moments, but ohh myy it tries to be serious, but it totally fails due to terrible editing and storytelling; not to mention some of the vague CGI and forced humor.

It's understandable why many out there hates it; it’s full of enormous flaws. One of the most flaw-filled movie I’ve ever seen with its lack of plot and character details, character development, massive amount of plot-holes, messy editing, vague and non-relatable villain and of course the forced humor, rushed third act and the dry chemistry between the characters after they got their not so fantastic powers. But it got some bright aspects too; like great actors, good soundtrack and somewhat okay dialogs, but that's sometimes forced to the audience (fact-based dialogs).

Sure it got some okay aspects and you can still watch it, but the flaws are just so big and impossible to hide from. It's indeed a bad movie with it's terrible editing and lack of a Marvel-entertainment that steals the show nowadays. Give the rights back to Marvel or try again Fox!

The reboot that failed.

5.5/10
Rebecca31Nov 8, 2015
Yes I was dragged to see this "fantastic" reboot of a dead franchise. It really makes one re-evaluate the actual meaning of the word fantastic which this movie is far from. Retells the origin story of these four characters who gain superhumanYes I was dragged to see this "fantastic" reboot of a dead franchise. It really makes one re-evaluate the actual meaning of the word fantastic which this movie is far from. Retells the origin story of these four characters who gain superhuman powers and save the word etc. Throw in seriously messy pacing, cringe worthy dialogue and a giant blue laser and you get this boring, unnecessary film not worth the time or money. On a good note Fantastic Four hasn't claimed the title of worst marvel movie ever but it made it into the top five. Not recommended. Expand
ProGamer7Nov 16, 2015
good one
I can't even
what?
is this a movie? what the heck is this junk?
thought about seeing the movie until I saw the reviews
good day from a fellow brother
Retarded_DinozJan 7, 2016
WHaT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
LJHayesJan 19, 2016
What even happened here? This film doesn't just miss the mark it seems to be aiming at a different mark all together! The tone, story, characterisation, effects and even the casting are just a series of phenomenal misfires. The fantastic fourWhat even happened here? This film doesn't just miss the mark it seems to be aiming at a different mark all together! The tone, story, characterisation, effects and even the casting are just a series of phenomenal misfires. The fantastic four aren't the makeshift surrogate family from the comics, they're a bunch of miserable bland zombies who don't even seem to like each other. And Doctor Doom....Christ I don't know what they were trying to do there.
This film is worth seeing just to see how wrong they got it, but I wouldn't recommend paying for it.
YorkManFeb 16, 2016
Definitely up there in the 'worst superhero movie ever made' top 5 list. What's worse is that unlike the reboot of Spider-Man (which had a very successful original trilogy run), this reboot fails to learn any lessons taught by the twoDefinitely up there in the 'worst superhero movie ever made' top 5 list. What's worse is that unlike the reboot of Spider-Man (which had a very successful original trilogy run), this reboot fails to learn any lessons taught by the two absolute **** films which were released less than 10 years prior.

With a running time of only 100 minutes, to explain the origin stories of FIVE main characters, as well as then developing a scenario for the Fant4stic to fight the fifth, it's simply an absolute mess.

The film uses a 'one year later' fade out/in for Christ's sake, because it's that lazy and badly written.
Throw in some terrible directing, bad casting, bad acting, unremittingly patronising dialogue, less than stellar special effects and, worst of all, the most anti-climactic end 'fight' scene ever..... And you've got a Turkey that Ebeneezer Scrooge would be proud of the morning after his ghostly visitations!

It really is that bad. I cannot begin to vent my frustrations at what a huge missed opportunity this could have been, if the lessons from the first two films had been taken on-board.

I suspect their won't be a Fan4stic 2 coming to cinemas anytime soon!
FuturedirectorMar 12, 2016
In comics, a great story, fantastic characters, amazing story-telling, colors, funny jokes and..., in other words, a fantastic story was born. Years later, a dule story, unremarkable characters, not-color and action-free film appeared on TV.
MaverickneoMar 17, 2016
This movie goes up there with the greats such as: "Superman IV", "Catwoman", "Steel", "Electra" and "The Phantom". This movie makes Ghost Rider 1 and 2 look like masterpieces. What else can I say. Fox, you need to release this franchiseThis movie goes up there with the greats such as: "Superman IV", "Catwoman", "Steel", "Electra" and "The Phantom". This movie makes Ghost Rider 1 and 2 look like masterpieces. What else can I say. Fox, you need to release this franchise back to marvel please. Listen to the fans and stop putting out mediocrity. You have two great franchises. X-men and now Deadpool. Let Fantastic 4 go back to marvel. This movie reeks, stinks and has one of the lowest scores in rotten tomatoes and meteoritic. I cant even begin to start how bad this movie is. My brain cells felt like they were slowly dying one by one. Dialog is bad, script is bad, plot is laughable, pacing is awful, special effects are bad and everything is slapped together with no rhyme, reason or thought. its almost like fox just slapped this together to keep the rights to the franchise another four years... Expand
Antgiog1202May 1, 2016
Fantastic Four is not fantastic at all! This film is a complete mess; or you can just simply call it garbage. Everything you expect out of a terrible catastrophe, this film has: awful writing, god-awful acting performances, and unexpectlyFantastic Four is not fantastic at all! This film is a complete mess; or you can just simply call it garbage. Everything you expect out of a terrible catastrophe, this film has: awful writing, god-awful acting performances, and unexpectly lazy because of how short it is.

I have nothing more to say but to call this film GARBAGE. Don't waste your money buying this **** on Blu-ray because you'd have a better time with the original!

Rating: 0/10

D = 1.5
D- = 1
F = 0
The3AcademySinsJun 7, 2016
What saves the Fantastic Four from being a complete "1" is that I don't think I have ever laughed harder at such a ridiculous reboot. The CGI is just terrible, I'm going to say that right off the bat. The script tried way too hard to mimicWhat saves the Fantastic Four from being a complete "1" is that I don't think I have ever laughed harder at such a ridiculous reboot. The CGI is just terrible, I'm going to say that right off the bat. The script tried way too hard to mimic The Dark Knight. The acting was okay until the CGI really appeared in the third act of the film. Expand
PabloBird22Sep 16, 2016
I Thought this reboot was going to be good as the other two, but this was absolutely ¡¡BORIIIING!!:

-Boring Plot
-No incredible fight scenes
-Lame & Lazy
Everything in this movie is boring, waste of time and money a Unnecessary Remake
RageFrostAug 7, 2015
I can take a Fantastic Four **** that's better then this... I should go eat taco bell for the next day and just sit on the **** until I get something that looks better then this movie. when you leave the movie you will hit yourself who everI can take a Fantastic Four **** that's better then this... I should go eat taco bell for the next day and just sit on the **** until I get something that looks better then this movie. when you leave the movie you will hit yourself who ever is with you will hit you for taking them to see this and if you were the one taken to the movie you will hit that person.... Expand
FiniteFreistenAug 8, 2015
I just can say , thank you fox for your amazing desolation about all of my favorite things in the world , and as you know there is a plastic prize for god awful movies and call that golden raspberry awards !
Josh Trank ! You can shining
Josh Trank ! You can shining there ! And fox ! I never forgive you for stealing that moment I could see marvel family with its first family......
RvwFromUpHereAug 8, 2015
Who: Miles Teller, Zoey from House of Cards, and Black Human Torch

What: Somehow the worst Fantastic 4 film ever made Where: A world where terrible puns and plot holes are celebrated When (can I watch again): Never Why: This is a
Who: Miles Teller, Zoey from House of Cards, and Black Human Torch

What: Somehow the worst Fantastic 4 film ever made

Where: A world where terrible puns and plot holes are celebrated

When (can I watch again): Never

Why: This is a good movie to watch if you have never seen a movie before. If you stepped out of a time machine that came from the early 1900's and wanted to see a talkie, this would probably be an enjoyable watch for you.
RyanAAug 7, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What do I like about this movie? Reed Richards' character. Some little humour points. That seems about it. What do I not like about this movie? It's non-canonness and lack of Marvel movie finesse. There's no Stan Lee cameo or credit suggestions for upcoming movies. Dr. Doom dies. Big whoop. That sequence felt close to 10-20 minutes. What's the rest? Origins and post-beating Dr. Doom. What`s next? Some story about how they're going to interlock Silver Surfer's life story with there's? I'm sorry if I'm beating a home-made story line to death, but if they're going to try to make another one, they should spend more time on a plot-line rather than a whole life's story again. This movie was certainly a bold step into the unknown, but it may have been a better idea just to use the original story again, with some new characters, or an HD remake of the original movie(s). Overall, I'm giving this movie a 1/10. Expand
Loki43Aug 8, 2015
Worst superhero movie of all time. And don't say we didn't warn you. Josh Trank messed up with Marvel's first heroes from the moments he touched them. An horrible cast, horrible plot and horrible CGI screw up what were once incredible characters
matheusmk123Aug 7, 2015
This is a TRASH. This film is HORRIBLE. Don't watch pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
TomTranzyAug 9, 2015
My dear people, PLEASE don’t waste your time & money on a lousy & awful movie like Fantastic Four (or let’s just call it Fantastic Flop). There are many other movies playing in theaters such as Rogue Nation, Minions, Vacation, Pixels, PaperMy dear people, PLEASE don’t waste your time & money on a lousy & awful movie like Fantastic Four (or let’s just call it Fantastic Flop). There are many other movies playing in theaters such as Rogue Nation, Minions, Vacation, Pixels, Paper Towns, & many more, which all are a lot better than Fantastic Four. Expand
IronManiacAug 8, 2015
Boring plot, horrible cast, awful recitation, fake CGI and ripoffs from teenage drama movies make this reboot a complete waste of time. Avoid it and hope that Fox will finally give the rights back to Marvel as it should have been in the first place.
AGNAug 7, 2015
Seeing this movie was not on my schedule. Instead, I was going to relax at home with my sister and play and think about Las Vegas. Yesterday, I received an invite from my friend to go see Fantastic Four. I was kind of excited to get thisSeeing this movie was not on my schedule. Instead, I was going to relax at home with my sister and play and think about Las Vegas. Yesterday, I received an invite from my friend to go see Fantastic Four. I was kind of excited to get this invitation because it would be a great hangout. To celebrate this moment, I played one game of Elvis Presley Pinball. When it came to the actual movie, instead, it was a very boring movie with little to no good parts in this movie.

The movie starts out fine as two boys making an invention to teleport things. Then they got the quartet together. But when a horrid experiment goes wrong, they gain their powers and battle Dr. Doom.
The substance in this movie diminishes so quickly that it became a formulaic bore. The movie was boring, clichéd, and predictable. I actually slept through some parts of the movie. And I don’t want to tell about the third act but I HATED the climax. And I thought third acts are supposed to be the greatest part of this movie.

This movie had a solid cast and the torch was my personal favorite but I did not get a grip and feel of these characters. The actors did not do their best. I felt like they were not interested in this project. Dr. Doom was very undeveloped too as he only appears in the third act. There were no information, no back story, or no anything about him. He was a very clichéd with no developments at all.

Perhaps the best thing about his was that the movie was only 100 minutes long and that the beginning had a nice set up. Otherwise, it was all downhill to me.

I really want to like this movie to get some fresh Marvel humor and some nice performances since the last two Marvel movies (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man) had both good humor and nice performances. But oh my this movie did awful at this job. It was horrendous, tedious, and boring at once as this movie did not try.

There were no funny parts during this 100 minute trip. I kept looking through the theater to see if anyone left before the movie ended. The story was simple and formulaic unlike the unpredictable and complex Inside Out. The effects were not special unlike those of the likes of Ultron and Ant-Man. I was checking my watch to see what time it is so that the movie can be over soon.

Speaking of special effects, I do not need to explain what the special effect were since the directors are not interested to make the movie look cool. When there were special effects in the movie, I thoughts the effects were unmemorable and lame. It almost felt like they did not try their best to make a good Marvel movie which is a shame after all.

Overall, I was incredibly bored and incredibly disappointed in this movie. While it can be a bit entertaining in some points whether it was the cast or the beginning or the soundtrack, it was severely let down by dull performances, a clichéd story, and an awful villain with an awful climax. When the movie was finally over, I felt like my butt was on fire and I asked the host to use the restroom. When she said yes, I ran out of the freezing theater to take a refreshing bathroom break. That shows how I cannot recommend this movie to anyone but only Marvel fans and ONLY Marvel fans will be surprised in this movie. Trust me, but I would rather stay at home than watch the entire movie without checking my watch.

(Fantastic Four is now playing in theaters but if you’re looking for a great action movie that’s now playing in theaters, check out Ant-Man or Mission Impossible 5. These movies are still playing in theaters and they are both great movies. If you want humor, check out Ant-Man, if you want action, check out Mission Impossible 5. Either way, you’re going to get a great deal of entertainment along the way!)
diogomendesAug 7, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie before its release received a huge amount of lukewarm comments from fans, who thought Marvel's oldest team would have fitted much better in the MCU. I was one of the few people who defended this film and I'm going to be the first of those people to say this: "Fantastic Four", a 2015 movie directed by Josh Trank, produced by Gregory Goodman, co-written by Jeremy Slater, is an ungodly boring piece of dogsh*t with p*ss-poor scriptwriting, balls-to-the-wall effects, horrendous dialogue, horrible pacing, bored direction and most likely the worst villain to date since Mr. Freeze in "Batman & Robin". It's an epic disaster on all accounts, one that will bomb at the box office, and much deservedly so. This movie will definitely rank not only as one of the worst movies of 2015 but also one of the worst super-hero movie flicks ever.

The first thing I noticed this in this cinematic failure was absolutely, its questionable pacing. Right out of the gate, this movie started to telling Reed's story as a young boy. He explains to the whole class that he intents to create a machine that will transport anything that breaths into another dimension, without harm. The students laugh (because that's obviously funny, right?) but that won't stop Richard from doing it, so while he does that, he gets the chance to know a guy from his class named Ben Grimm, a warm little kid who gets bullied by its one-dimensional brother. His bro actually says "It's clobberin' time" but it's not stupid as it sounds, impressively. So Richard tries to make his dream come true and he literally causes a blackout in his neighborhood. Ben says to Reed: "Reed you're insane" , "Thanks" and the screen goes dark, appearing only "Years later". Nice scene-changing right there!

The movie sloppily introduces us more characters, and while the cast is apparently talented (seriously Miles Teller? Michael Jordan? Great actors), they look bored as hell, and there's absolutely no chemistry whatsoever between the group members, not even Sue and Johnny have a decent scene together. When someone dies, you don't feel pity. You feel indifferent. You don't give a sh*t when Johnny's father dies. You don't give a sh*t about anyone! But the worst character in this movie is undoubtedly, Victor, the villain. Oh... my... God. Where do I start... holy motherf*cking Jesus. How bad is this villain? On a scale of 0 to 10? -2. This villain is so f*cking bad it makes me wanna puke. From the stupid design of his persona Doctor Doom to the inexplicably, poorly developed motivations as to why he's annihilating Earth. And... oh Christ, is this guy a dick. Usually, filmmakers try to make us sympathize with the characters, especially with the villain. Not what's happening here. Victor is such an assh*le you couldn't care less whether he dies or stays alive. Actually, you would beg for this person to die a woeful death. And he pointed the finger to the government, LoL. And when he gets swallowed in the other dimension and he comes back in the second half of the movie... holy sh*t. He comes back, says a few stupid words, returns to "his world", gets beaten by Fantastic Four...... and that's it. I swear to God I'm not making up sh*t, that's what really happens. And that leads me to another idiotic element.

The action. There's ONLY two action sequences: One that takes 45 seconds, and another that takes 3 minutes (and most of the action is seen in the trailers). Oh my Goodness. So the first half of the movie is boring talking and idiotic character development, and the second half is more boring talking and a little of action, which is not exciting in the least. The special effects could have been worse, but they still look pretty mediocre. Human Torch and the Thing looked weird to me. I don't know, they just looked cartoonish. And that scene where the team is running from the green lava, ok, that was some truly bad CGI. Doctor Doom looked erratic, and the rest is... meh.

The dialogue is clichéd and just plain bad. "What if we say no?" , "Say yes" haha, wait, you're serious. Let me laugh harder! But for real, this movie lacks the heart, thrills and silliness that made the Fantastic Four great in the first place. I'm still surprised this movie made it into the theaters without a warning advice, 'cause this movie is so...... dull. Nothing really happens in this movie. If you've seen the trailer, you know what happens: They become Fantastic Four, they met Doctor Doom and they stop him. THERE'S NOTHING TO TELL. Okay, Sue and Johnn's father died, but no one knew or cared about that guy anyway. SO WHAT THE F*CK WAS THIS?

Final Score to Fantastic Four: 1/10. This movie should be extinguished from humanity. It's a boring super-hero origin tale with no payoff.

Obs: Such a waste of DOOM.
MattyiceAug 7, 2015
Fantastic Four is an unmitigated disaster. A great cast is wasted by poor direction, horrible storytelling, bland action sequences (especially the final one), and A LOT more. Dr. Doom looks like garbage and his evil motives are non-existent,Fantastic Four is an unmitigated disaster. A great cast is wasted by poor direction, horrible storytelling, bland action sequences (especially the final one), and A LOT more. Dr. Doom looks like garbage and his evil motives are non-existent, the film strays too far from the comics and is awfully stupid, and the film, worst of all, is extremely boring and gloomy. This is hands down the worst Marvel film adaptation of the modern superhero genre (post-2000). Heck, its possibly one of the worst superhero movies ever The cast is wasted and the film is atrocious. However, this movie did make me happy in one way. I'm happy knowing Josh Trank is not going to direct any Star Wars film in the future. Sorry Trank, nobody to blame for this catastrophe but yourself. Expand
TheDude-Aug 7, 2015
Fantastic Four may have some good cinematography, decent special effects and Michael b Jordan was good as Johnny Storm but the films characters are very bland, the film tries to cram so much plot points and set up for sequels and as a resultFantastic Four may have some good cinematography, decent special effects and Michael b Jordan was good as Johnny Storm but the films characters are very bland, the film tries to cram so much plot points and set up for sequels and as a result feels rushed, the villains rise to power is very abrupt and very cartoonish and the final battle was very anti climactic.
Verdict: the movie felt like one big set up for bigger films to come despite having some fun and nifty moments.
BrockWayneAug 9, 2015
Fantastic Four is the WORST film of 2015, I have never seen a **** film like Fantastic Four. It's the worst superhero movie ever made. This movie was never made according to the comics, they totally ignored the original F4 comics.
MattBrady99Aug 9, 2015
I honestly can't believe I'm going to say this, I never thought the day will come when I say that Batman & Robin is no longer the worse superhero movie ever made after seeing this movie, but the difference between the two is that at leastI honestly can't believe I'm going to say this, I never thought the day will come when I say that Batman & Robin is no longer the worse superhero movie ever made after seeing this movie, but the difference between the two is that at least Batman & Robin was fun to watch and not depressingly dull that Fan4stic was.

The story is about a contemporary take on the classic super-hero team - four young scientist are involved in an experiment where they find themselves teleported to another dimension. When they return, they find themselves gifted with unique powers - ones they will have use to stop an evil rising to power.

It's been 10 years now since the 2005 "Fantastic Four" was first release. Looking back on that film is like looking back on a bad memory that you wish will fade away. The 2005 movie wasn't all that good, but to me it wasn't on the same level as Batman & Robin as some people think. Rise of the Sliver Surfer was the squeal that nobody asked for but they're made anywhere because...well I don't know they just did. The squeal wasn't all that great just like the first movie, but the movie itself wasn't like the worse thing on the planet as some people have make it out to be. I'm not going to talk about the 1994 movie because it's not worth it.

Now here's 20th Century Fox fourth attempt of making a Fantastic Four movie. We got a new director and a new cast to start off fresh and try to make a new franchise. Many people didn't react very well to the news of a reboot and people got even more mad at the new cast and the fact that they young and Michael B. Jordan was cast as Johnny Storm. I was the only one giving this movie a chance as I believed that Josh Trank will make a great Fantastic Four movie and make us forget the other ones as Josh Trank is a good director. But it's not until I sawed the movie myself and my jaw was on the floor not because the movie was amazing, but how god awful this movie was. Fantastic Four (Or best known as Fan4stic from the posters) is one of the worse superhero movies of the year and of all time.

I heard a lot of bad things coming from director Josh Trank. Some people who have worked with him on this movie have openly said that he was awkward to work with and at one point he actually came on set drunk and intoxicated while filming a scene. The problems that happened behind the scenes really do show in this movie, as I can tell they did some re shoots as Kate Mara hair keeps changing color in a couple of scenes. I blame the studious for changing a lot of things and making it a living hell for the director and the cast. Josh Trank is best known for directing Chronicle and that movie was a smallish movie that Josh Trank had a lot of freedom to work on with and at least they're wasn't any studious coming in and changing things and making it really hard for everyone else. It's very clearly that Josh Trank wasn't ready for something big like this as he was originally suppose to direct the upcoming Star Wars movie but dropped out because he had enough.

The biggest opportunity that was wasted was the cast. They didn't do a terrible job as they characters but they didn't do anything special and that's a real shame as these are great actors that had nothing to do in this movie.

The visual effects in this movie are probably some of the worse looking effects I've seen since the early 90's and it's quite shocking that this movie with a lot of money behind it and have such awful looking effects. The CGI used on The Thing was completely hideous and I kind of miss the 2005 Thing a little bit. Some people may like the CGI used on The Thing but I didn't. These a shot in the movie where Reed Richards after he gets his super power stretches his face to look like someone else to be in disguise, when he puts his normal face back and the CGI used in that one shot looked laughably bad. There wasn't a single shot in this movie that didn't even look convincing.

Now lets talk about Dr. Doom in this movie or I like to call him Mr. Freeze number 2, because Dr. Doom is this movie was a complete joke and he wasn't in the movie that much, he just turned up towards the end of the movie. Dooms motivation in this movie was pretty random and wasn't well written at all. Before Victor turns into "Doom" the only character development that we got from his character is that he thinks he's smarter than ever one else and he just hates people...WHAT!. The way Dr. Doom looks in this movie is so freaking awful, I mean he looks like that robot from Superman 3, but if put a black bin bag around it and set it on fire and let it dry out a bit, then you add some Christmas lights around it and now you got Dr. Doom. The final battle scene with Doom and The Fantastic Four is only five minutes long, yes I actually timed it to see how long it was and it was too short and disappointing.
ZiraelAug 9, 2015
Don't watch this movie,is horrible!!! 2/10 não assista esse filme e ruim!!!
Efeitos boms, hitoria ruim, personagens ruims, e alendo mais é do quarterto fantastico!!!
LoskiDurdenAug 10, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie has a lot going on but NONE of it is interesting. The origin story is so long, drawn out and utterly boring it totally takes you out of the movie. I really don't think we care about Reed and Ben when they were 10 .. They say the third time is a charm but they missed on this once again .. Thanks a lot Hollywood .. http://www.tsu.co/LoskiDurden76 Expand
coroinha66Aug 7, 2015
O filme começa bem mas vai se perdendo ao longo do roteiro, sendo sujeito a uma trama monótona onde atores sem vida aproveitam mal seus personagens resultando em uma sequência desastrosa.
JohnMasterLAug 8, 2015
Probablemente, Fantastic Four sea la candidata ideal para "la peor película del 2015" al menos Sandler puede presumir que "Pixels" ya no es considerada la peor del año. Vi esta película para descubrir el motivo por el cual toda la critica laProbablemente, Fantastic Four sea la candidata ideal para "la peor película del 2015" al menos Sandler puede presumir que "Pixels" ya no es considerada la peor del año. Vi esta película para descubrir el motivo por el cual toda la critica la considera un asco y mi sorpresa final fue muy parecida a la de todo el mundo. Fantastic Four es una película decepcionante, aburrida y sin sorpresas, ¿Cual es el error? No son los actores, cada uno de ellos hizo un trabajo decente, el problema aquí fue el guion, la trama y la historia. Esta película es una introducción de 1 hora con 46 minutos, lo cual es un error total. Toda película tiene una introducción, un desarrollo y una conclusión, pero Fantastic Four no cuenta con los 2 últimos aspectos (y que son demasiado importantes) la historia se desarrolla de una manera lenta, dando a conocer a los personajes uno por uno de una manera poco llamativa y pobre. El desarrollo en los personajes no existe, no hay personalidad en ellos, ni siquiera el villano es interesante, no tiene motivo ni razones para ser villano. Josh Trank y la misma FOX no supieron manejar el inicio de estos super héroes, esperemos que en un futuro, los 4 fantásticos o "Fantastic Four" tengan una película justa y decente, esperemos que Disney-Marvel aproveche esta situación. Decepcionante, Aburrida y con una introducción eterna sin un desarrollo y final. Expand
AllenHernandezAug 9, 2015
Fantastic Four is going to be “THE FANTASTIC FLOP OF 2015” Fox made a real big mistake making this garbage movie. The trailers and TV spots uploaded on YouTube were terrible, by watching them, this film looked more like a science fictionFantastic Four is going to be “THE FANTASTIC FLOP OF 2015” Fox made a real big mistake making this garbage movie. The trailers and TV spots uploaded on YouTube were terrible, by watching them, this film looked more like a science fiction movie. There is absolutely nothing in this film that is related to the true F4 comics. Expand
JackGriffinAug 9, 2015
Fantastic Four is the worst movie Fox has ever made. This is a big shame on Fox and the A-HOLE Josh Trank. The acting and performance of the cast was completely lame.
ZackBowenAug 9, 2015
All the people involved in making Fantastic Four did not make this movie for the fans, they just made the movie for themselves. Even the two previous F4 movies are much better than this garbage movie.
RickyGomezAug 9, 2015
First of all Josh Trank blames the fans for him quitting the Star Wars film and now he blames Fox for the bad reviews of Fantastic Four. Fox made a big mistake making Josh Trank as the director, they should have at least taken Matthew VaughnFirst of all Josh Trank blames the fans for him quitting the Star Wars film and now he blames Fox for the bad reviews of Fantastic Four. Fox made a big mistake making Josh Trank as the director, they should have at least taken Matthew Vaughn to direct. He would have been an excellent choice. Expand
JohnTaylorAug 9, 2015
Worst movie of all time, Worst director in Hollywood, Worst cast in a movie, Worst superhero movie, Worst story line, the effects, editing are horrible, & lastly, people now believe that 20th Century Fox is becoming the Worst studio.
NatT96Aug 9, 2015
Seriously you will need to see Ant Man to wash this films terrible taste out of your mouth, it just did nothing correct at all and felt incomplete. I must say this film is worst than the first 2 original film, but at the same time while ISeriously you will need to see Ant Man to wash this films terrible taste out of your mouth, it just did nothing correct at all and felt incomplete. I must say this film is worst than the first 2 original film, but at the same time while I didn't like the first 2 films, the first 2 films had better developed characters than this one. You just cannot connect to these characters at all, they just have no souls. The CGI is the only thing that is acceptable, everything else is crap, to the slim plot and to the bad development on the characters. I more so feel sorry for the actors though, all very young and wanting to be actors, ave there images put into a crappy spotlight. They even deserved better. Expand
lott11Aug 10, 2015
In a word Crap!!!
this has personified what Hollywood has become.
you would be better of renting the blob or even attack of the killer tomatoes. Hollywood's prime time liberties with the plot shows up in epic glory, make it they will view
In a word Crap!!!
this has personified what Hollywood has become.
you would be better of renting the blob or even attack of the killer tomatoes.
Hollywood's prime time liberties with the plot shows up in epic glory, make it they will view it.
do your self a favor go and watch a marathon of Abbott and Costello, Harold Lloyd.
see Gold Diggers of 1933, something that has a real plot and the has some entertaining value.
the only seen that was somewhat entertaining was done by the younger kids.
ho kids do your self a favor do not put this movie in your resume, it will kill your prospects as an actor.
As for the actors If you have a choice in choosing your director, as for a British or an Ozzie some that cares what goes on the screen.
At least they have the attitude to make a film that is presentable or a the least viewable.
To be complacently fare this film dose not even come close to the avengers.
And I mean the cartoon version that one had a plausible plot not that this film had one.
RocharoxAug 10, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This move is the Day-Z of super heroes, and we know how bad this goes.
So, no source material was used besides the title. The move is an obvious cash-grab, with the actors running around spitting lines that most of the time don't even make much sense.
The pseudo-science is also bad and some of the CGI looks amateurish.
I honestly asked for my money back, because the trailer looked more polished than the movie,
Don't watch.
cliftonrainAug 10, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the worst summer movies to come. Great cast but gets brought down by a horrible storyline. its a action movie trying to be better than other action movies but gets brought down by a 10 minutes action scene. For me personally I almost fell asleep in this movie and the last battle scene was not thrilling enough for me and needs more action but what can u do. Expand
enriquegAug 11, 2015
Horrible movie, I would prefer to watch a mosquito bite my ass. It looks like fox just used the hype of the fantastic 4 franchise to create buzz, but at the end it was a very bad movie. Would ask for a refund if possible.
SofaTrooperAug 13, 2015
Wow what complete and utter kack. Don't bother wasting your time and money, so bad Poor story, bad characters and lame corny acting. Please dont waste your time on this garbage, they should refund everyone for this travesty.
grandpajoe6191Aug 14, 2015
To be fair, the movie had a great start to it; it's just that all of a sudden the direction of the story and script soon became muddled up and went absolutely haywire towards the end. What started out as your usual enjoyable summerTo be fair, the movie had a great start to it; it's just that all of a sudden the direction of the story and script soon became muddled up and went absolutely haywire towards the end. What started out as your usual enjoyable summer blockbuster superhero flick just didn't possess enough quality and action scenes, or even a satisfying end for that matter, to even make the standard cut. Truly a shame to see the film never fulfilling what it promised out on, but hey, it's a fantastic four movie; expect what you would expect. Expand
TheKavehJAug 14, 2015
80 minutes of Fantastic 4 prepare you for a wimpy ten minute battle. Awfully casted, majorly boring, and honestly, probably the worst superhero movie ever.
MagesticLeanAug 17, 2015
very good movie apart from the editing out of scenes and the shortness and the fact its stand along i like it though because its very good half of this movie is great but the wig and the editing brought it down to a 7 worth a watch tho
alva3901Jul 5, 2017
It's hard to begin writing a review on Fantastic Four as I could hardly get past the first act of the movie. It was a tragedy of a movie with little story, little character development and little action. I would give a 1 only for its cast,It's hard to begin writing a review on Fantastic Four as I could hardly get past the first act of the movie. It was a tragedy of a movie with little story, little character development and little action. I would give a 1 only for its cast, but I feel that would be being too polite on such a bad movie. Expand
JohnKristoferAug 7, 2015
After the one of the worst superhero flick and it's **** equivalent sequel comes a reboot that has
potential to be good but still fails to represent on of Marvel's oldest and greatest heroes.The trailer shows potential and I was impressed by it making me thinking this could be a good fantastic four movie but nope
it sucks.The movie is a lot of mess,no fun indeed and not even enjoyable to watch.The cast are great but they are surrounded by a tedious narrative and uneven storytelling.Fox' third attempt isn't really a success but a failure which is also a wasted potential.Boring and embarrassing.Good luck for the upcoming sequel LOL!
SagaGeminisAug 7, 2015
Pesima Pelicula, Sosa, Interminable. Horas perdidas de mi vida, sin humor, actores infumables, argumento incoherente, EVITENLA.

La PEOR pelicula de la franquicia que me ha tocado ver, Directo a los Razzies
bingokamiAug 7, 2015
un desastre de película, algo q ya se venia venir desde q se anunciaron algunos de los cambios q resultaron polémicos salir decepcionado de una película q no esperaba nada ya es mucho decir lo mala q me pareció
MastodonAug 10, 2015
The only movie that was worse so far this year was Pixels. Honestly this movie was really boring. You spend the whole movie being unattached to the characters due to poor writing and poor performances by the actors/actresses. You think "ohThe only movie that was worse so far this year was Pixels. Honestly this movie was really boring. You spend the whole movie being unattached to the characters due to poor writing and poor performances by the actors/actresses. You think "oh well there's gotta be action to make up for it right?" But no.... you wait 90% of the movie for a couple minutes of action then an ending that made everyone in the theater collectively ask "that was it?" Expand
imthenoobAug 8, 2015
I enjoyed the cast and thought they did an outstanding job considering the garbage script they had. There's no real character development. Aside from Reed you get very little from the other characters, Especially with Johnny Storm. About halfI enjoyed the cast and thought they did an outstanding job considering the garbage script they had. There's no real character development. Aside from Reed you get very little from the other characters, Especially with Johnny Storm. About half way through the movie the plot simply fails to move forward and doesn't advance at all. There is pretty much no action what so ever until the last 10 minutes of the movie. The end sequence, where Doom comes back and starts a destructive path, starts and finishes in the last 15 minutes of the movie. It's done as quickly as it starts. It was laughably anti-climactic.

What should have been a slightly above average movie is crippled with one of the worst scripts for a comic book movie since Daredevil. It was so poorly executed in the last half of the movie that it completely ruins what was built up in the first. Don't even bother with this one.
osueboyAug 10, 2015
failed casting, failed story, stupid dialogs, better watch something else. If you like super hero movies, this is not for you, its a failure in every aspect, Toby Kebbell didn't even try, of course is not all his fault because he should havefailed casting, failed story, stupid dialogs, better watch something else. If you like super hero movies, this is not for you, its a failure in every aspect, Toby Kebbell didn't even try, of course is not all his fault because he should have never been casted as Doom, the same with everyone of the Random Four. Expand
TVJerryAug 11, 2015
The onslaught of comic book heroes continues with this origin story about a quartet of unusual characters. As such, it takes almost an hour before any transformations occur and by then, the audience is asleep. The writing is flat, the actionThe onslaught of comic book heroes continues with this origin story about a quartet of unusual characters. As such, it takes almost an hour before any transformations occur and by then, the audience is asleep. The writing is flat, the action (what little there is) falls flat and the cool demonstration of their powers is in short supply. Despite the charisma of the talented cast (Miles Teller, Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara), they're given nothing to work with. Even the effects (the basic currency of any super hero flick) range from dumb to just OK. This has to be the worst of the genre so far. Expand
ShaunjcwAug 11, 2015
Okay so here's like a genuine honest review of the film. It's not as bad as everyone is making out to be for a start! But it does have it's problems.

Overview: The first half of the movie was actually done rather well and to a quality I was happy with. After the time jump to a year later the movie falls apart - Fast!!! It seems like the put a lot of effort into the start and then after they'd had a good build up that maybe lasted longer than expected they realised they had to actually finish the film. The back half just feels incredibly rushed and sloppy. It seems like they just the first thing that came to mind was what they went with because they hadn't planned how to finish it and so it's incredibly sloppy.

In Depth Look:
For the first half of the movie it does a really good job of setting up the characters, Ben and Reed are developed alongside each other and as the characters the movie spends the most time with they actually seem believable and likeable, well written AT THE TIME!

We're quickly introduced to Johnny and Sue and they're just portrayed as the typical know it all pioneering young scientist (Sue) and the typical rebellious teen who is squandering his potential (Johnny) Okay these characters needed a lot more work but fine... Reed and Ben have been done really well so I'll tolerate it. I even though they did a good portrayal of Victor! (NOT! Dr Doom, he was an absolute shambles)

So for this first half it's set up acceptable and I am totally on board with the film, they acquire their powers in a very dramatic way and it's pretty fun to watch, a little over the top but it's a super hero movie, what do you expect?

But I'm aware time is running short at this point. We're like 2/3rds through the run time and they still need to show how the team adapt to their new powers and have Victor come back as Doom... How are they going to fit all that in to what's left of this movie!

Well! First of all! Who needs to see the interesting struggles these guys face developing their new powers when we can just cut to a year later when they've got it all under control! Oh but Reed ditched them because they've been in captivity so we have to have Ben go bring him back. Incredibly sloppy and rushed but still I'm looking at the clock like "They still don't have time to really have Doom do much, this has already been ridiculously fast, I'm worried that this movie is just going to fall apart towards the end..."

And of course it does! But more spectacularly than I could possibly imagine. Doom is back on earth less than two minutes before he's blowing up people's heads with his mind (I was unaware Dr Doom was capable of such things) He's just walking through halls blowing up everyone's brains then decides to create a black hole that will consume the earth, all because he doesn't want them to touch his planet... Okay...? I was trying to give this ludicrous plot swing some defence and was thinking it least it's not "You betrayed me and left me here, I'm going to kill you all" Because that would have been predictable but honestly that would have been ALOT! better. It's typical because it works. Doom was a mess, the ending was a mess and it was such a shame because I really! enjoyed the first half... To just leave it in this pile of mess when they had done so well ugh...

Well maybe they're get it right for the sequel!? *Cough* They're likely not getting one *cough* *cough*
Atr0sAug 14, 2015
The movie can be divided in halves, the first half is solid and set up a lot of the background story of each character, particularly Reed and Ben's childhood friendship. Victor, like his comic book counterpart, is insufferable as ever yetThe movie can be divided in halves, the first half is solid and set up a lot of the background story of each character, particularly Reed and Ben's childhood friendship. Victor, like his comic book counterpart, is insufferable as ever yet there's valid reasoning for his attitude against authorities (his glory-seeking behavior clashes against . Then comes the event on which everyone get their powers and the plot suddenly derails, a few timeskips leave a lot of unexplained events and the acting start to look very awkward. As this wasn't enough, the main villain pops in out of nowhere exhibiting an unexplained set of new powers and a completely irrational and out-of-character mindset. What was awkward until then turns into a VERY cheesy last battle, complete with forced heroic lines and a fight with almost no action in it (you read it right, it's a last battle with little fighting to speak of).

In short, this is a strong contender for the worst superhero movie in the last decade.
YamenAug 18, 2015
Plz go die people who watched this
bcz I'm dying now it's the worst movie ever ! period
This movie is traaaaaaaassh
Nothing can change that fact
Plz don't watch and wast your time ..
Verschiel16Aug 22, 2015
Another fantastic failure. Fox's failed attempt to produce another marvel franchise is unsurprisingly disappapointing. It starts with a long, unimportant, and dragging introduction to the back stories of how the fantastic four started. It wasAnother fantastic failure. Fox's failed attempt to produce another marvel franchise is unsurprisingly disappapointing. It starts with a long, unimportant, and dragging introduction to the back stories of how the fantastic four started. It was visually success but the whole idea and plot of the movie was completely out this world. It tried to hit high but it missed without a doubt. The depiction of Dr. Doom was another missed shot. A failed origin story, a failed portrayal and an ending fight scene that lasted for five horrible minutes. Fox should give back the rights to Marvel and save the franchise from dying another time. Expand
BB_CriticAug 23, 2015
God what a pile of crap this movie is. It's pacing, acting, and script were all awful, and the stars have little to no chemistry. I would ask for a refund if i could
Jivey236Aug 26, 2015
A high quality movie with poor cuts that just scratches the surface of the director's intentions. A preface film entirely since they don't get their powers until thirty minutes from the end of the movie, and even when they get their powersA high quality movie with poor cuts that just scratches the surface of the director's intentions. A preface film entirely since they don't get their powers until thirty minutes from the end of the movie, and even when they get their powers they hate each other! The story is completely wrong and Dr. Doom looks like he's wearing the iron mask from Man in Iron Mask and gets so many powers that he wasn't suppose to get. The final "showdown" - if you can call it that- takes in total about 15 minutes and has zero build up. The end of the film is corny and will leave you feeling like there's going to be a sequel, even though that would be the worst possible choice to make. The only thing I would say that is good is the actors chosen for the Fantastic Four- not Dr. Doom, Toby Kebbell seems to ruin every movie he touches, and they played well off of each other, that is when they actually liked each other. Expand
eymurfAug 27, 2015
Fantastic Four is just that, Fantastic. With Josh Frank, the director of Chronicle, i was hoping for a relatively similar feel, and i got just that. It seems to me that most that came to watch this movie were hoping for just another MarvelFantastic Four is just that, Fantastic. With Josh Frank, the director of Chronicle, i was hoping for a relatively similar feel, and i got just that. It seems to me that most that came to watch this movie were hoping for just another Marvel movie. One thing you notice in the theater is the different route this movie takes, if you can get passed it, i guarantee you'll enjoy the movie. Expand
greatKEKAug 30, 2015
Из за того что сделали не по комиксу и со своей толерантности вставили негра: 0 Почему , зачем? Надоело что фильмы портят толерантностью , мы хотим смотреть фильмы по комиксам как было задумано.Из за того что сделали не по комиксу и со своей толерантности вставили негра: 0 Почему , зачем? Надоело что фильмы портят толерантностью , мы хотим смотреть фильмы по комиксам как было задумано.
karaiskakis1821Aug 30, 2015
Very poor movie only ten minutes action and the end was very quick and predictable. The story was ok at the start but after the first 15 minutes the whole movie was rubbish!
WheelzFourReelzAug 10, 2015
Have you ever wanted to see a movie where every aspect of that said movie fails immensely? Well then, Fant4stic is for you! It's one of the worst movies I've seen in recent memory.
Movi3R3vi3werAug 10, 2015
We currently live in the golden age of comic book movies. With such movies like Nolan's Batman Trilogy or The Avengers, you would think they could pull this off. I was sorely wrong. This movie sucks. I hated watching every single second ofWe currently live in the golden age of comic book movies. With such movies like Nolan's Batman Trilogy or The Avengers, you would think they could pull this off. I was sorely wrong. This movie sucks. I hated watching every single second of this movie, there is no redeeming aspect to this film. The characters are one dimensional, the actors don't seem to care, terrible script, awful special effects, the pacing is nonexistent and Fant4stic has one of the worst third acts I have ever seen in a movie in my entire life. This is the Batman & Robin of the 2010s. Expand
Thewatcher66Aug 11, 2015
Wow, cut a new vision some slack. This is an origins movie. It has to begin somewhere to give the new viewer, and those not familiar with the comic book a reference point. It is not perfect but way better than the goofy previous iterations. AWow, cut a new vision some slack. This is an origins movie. It has to begin somewhere to give the new viewer, and those not familiar with the comic book a reference point. It is not perfect but way better than the goofy previous iterations. A bit serious but clearly a perfect set up for the next one. Expand
McGillotineAug 11, 2015
Where the 2005 version was at-least watchable and the 1994 version, had the decency to never exist, Fan4stic feels as though it just slipped through the gaps in movie releases this year. Where fan4stic's first mistake was not releasing duringWhere the 2005 version was at-least watchable and the 1994 version, had the decency to never exist, Fan4stic feels as though it just slipped through the gaps in movie releases this year. Where fan4stic's first mistake was not releasing during the summer blockbuster phase were it might have otherwise been bearable to watch within the cinemas, Fan4stic breaks past mediocrity and into the abysmal below with a passion, lacking prominent movie features such as ambition and the love of storytelling, coming across as a film in which everyone who was involved looked disinterested and ready to dig a six foot grave for the film which would be filled with quick drying cement. Were everyone expresses the fact that the film has a talented cast , i believe that it somewhat a half-truth, were they have shown once they are good in atleast one form of media, it seems as though this gang of young cast members came across as one hit wonders, lacking chemistry and character imagination yet proudly receiving a paycheck by the end of it all. However enough of that lets talk about the plot, Fan4tic simply is the largest origin story ever made with simply enough sound and noise to signify nothing, leaping across the finish line, almost like watching a person with Parkinson's disease trying to play Frogger. The film is completely dis-interesting, motives are no longer established and the threat of anything is not established until the third act which consequently is the worst part. In the end not even a bottle of scotch and a bunch of dead babies can't drown the sorrows of this fantastic flop Expand
VeskaAug 10, 2015
It is terrible movie with terrible actors. Black human torch? Really? **** 45 minutes i must wait for creating the team of young, stupid "actors"....and i must sit and watch, how Josh Trank ruined another film with FF.... Fantastic Four fromIt is terrible movie with terrible actors. Black human torch? Really? **** 45 minutes i must wait for creating the team of young, stupid "actors"....and i must sit and watch, how Josh Trank ruined another film with FF.... Fantastic Four from 2005 is better then this **** Expand
JamesLang95Aug 9, 2015
This movie has a lot of flaws but buried beneath them is something really unique and fresh. It may not be for everyone with it's slow pace and few action scenes but this is sacrificed to allow more time for you to get to know the charactersThis movie has a lot of flaws but buried beneath them is something really unique and fresh. It may not be for everyone with it's slow pace and few action scenes but this is sacrificed to allow more time for you to get to know the characters which are played by a great cast. The movie has a relatively short running time so the slow pace isn't as harmful as it could have been. Overall this is movie is a breath of fresh air and it shows getting super powers not as this amazing thing that everyone wishes for but as a horrible accident that makes you feel sorry for these characters. Expand
ThegodfathersonAug 7, 2015
Fantastic Four isn’t unwatchable or flat-out awful. It’s aggressively mundane, and devoid of energy, wonder, wit and whimsy. For a movie about people seeking what else is out there, Fantastic Four never looks for a spark of life in itself.Fantastic Four isn’t unwatchable or flat-out awful. It’s aggressively mundane, and devoid of energy, wonder, wit and whimsy. For a movie about people seeking what else is out there, Fantastic Four never looks for a spark of life in itself. It’s all as cold and grey as the soulless buildings the characters are entombed in throughout. Expand
brunookAug 10, 2015
o filme tem um inicio ate bacana, no 1º ato se mostra um filme de ficcao cientifica, mas quando o filme tenta se transformar em um filme de super heróis, fica um lixo. o filme tem dialogos muito amadores, algumas cenas, você percebe que oo filme tem um inicio ate bacana, no 1º ato se mostra um filme de ficcao cientifica, mas quando o filme tenta se transformar em um filme de super heróis, fica um lixo. o filme tem dialogos muito amadores, algumas cenas, você percebe que o efeito especial, não funciona muito bem, e as piadas do filme nehuma delas funciona dentro de um roteiro com muitos furos.
nota: 5/10.
TrilobiteGAug 11, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, this movie has a good thin (very **** thin) crust, to a superhero movie if you will. Despite what critics say, I like the look of Doctor Doom, I like his powers as well but we'll get onto that. It has fine cinematography and a decent soundtrack, now lets move on to the negatives. What the f*ck were they thinking. There was no back story to this, zero, and I'm not exaggerating, literally zero explanation as to why Reed richards is a super genius child and why for some reason there is advanced scientific parts in a junk yard in America, why johnny has a car that he loves so much and that he apparently wants badly so he'll work for a scientific organisation rather than doing something else and why susan has about as much facial expression as Bella from twilight. I cannot believe how much this movie infuriated me. Doctor Doom, no explanation as to why he hates the earth so much, he's just some hipster loner douchebag who is a dick and hates the earth for some bizarre unknown reason. And the thing, another loner with an abusive background (at least SOME background my god) and not one redeemable quality too him makes him seem relevant or cool. Oh and by the way, this movie is 90% having awkward conversations and 10% actually doing fights. What a steaming pile of dogwank. Expand
MortremAug 20, 2015
Worst then worst. This movies is so bad that fox couldn't hope to keep the franchise. Let's all hope that Disney get it back. It will hurt Fox for a long time.
tjman09Aug 7, 2015
The Fantastic Four wastes a talented cast on a humorless, sporadic, generic movie that unfortunately is a steaming hot mess. Going in I was excited, coming out I was saddened. The unfortunate thing is the film's not so bad it's unwatchable,The Fantastic Four wastes a talented cast on a humorless, sporadic, generic movie that unfortunately is a steaming hot mess. Going in I was excited, coming out I was saddened. The unfortunate thing is the film's not so bad it's unwatchable, it's just a flat third act drags the entire film down. The origin story usually encompasses some build up, that is a given but the entire film contains 2 action sequences, and 1 of them is about 3 minutes, while the other is anti-climactic. The pacing is thrown off because instead of progressing the pacing the film stops and slows down, while the special effects crew does as well. The film may have gotten away with this a little more but the last 45 minutes are dull, because the actors are suffering from Star Wars syndrome (a lack of direction), and there's no humor to help move things along. Then after a boring 30 minutes one of the best comic book villains of all time is shoehorned into a climax, just for the sake of having one. The climax is so generic it comes across as anti-climactic as it never really surprises. All in all this film was a mess that ended poorly due to sporadic pacing, a lack of action and humor, and a generic plot and villain. Expand
juanrosariogAug 13, 2015
it is a good film, i loved it but i wished the fight scene was better and i didn't like how sue got her powers but still 10/10 and i don't get why it got so many bad reviews