Paramount Pictures | Release Date: April 30, 2004
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 376 Ratings
Watch Now
RobwinzAug 7, 2020
Mean Girls is an average comedy movie. The movie's got an alright plot with some hit and miss funny moments and it's even got some really good acting from the cast.
amheretojudgeOct 24, 2019
Rachel McAdams is the winner of the show, think about it, she, her character goes through everything, in this film.

Mean Girls The director Mark Waters, I know, is responsible for this coming-of-age or teenage dream film. But I am going to

Mean Girls

The director Mark Waters, I know, is responsible for this coming-of-age or teenage dream film. But I am going to slide this credit over to the writer; she adapted the screenplay from a book, Tina Fey. Especially after what she has done now. To any of you who don't know, what she has done now, is brought this film into theatre. A musical show that is successfully rocketing upwards with groovy songs and the already hyped up fame that was received from this very film. Coming back to the film. Tina Fey's nuanced and easily adaptive humor is the only reason I stuck around to this infamous pop culture film. Why?

Despite a tangible concept, something that we all can resonate with, the film somehow alienates us and the characters as well. What remains safe at the end of the day are just the characters. That loneliness is unforgiving. Everything else is forgiving. The script is written in a way to be sealed as a time capsule. What it forgets while constructing this bulletproof idea, the get out clause, is the world they are surrounded with. And the Fey tries immensely to ground them into reality, by keeping them in contrast with their parents.

But this obligatory section is barely fulfilled satisfactorily. What they get is a pitiful nod from us. So why does it still work? I think it is because of the fantasized revenge-driven character of the film that Fey paints such intricately. And then there is the casting. Rachel McAdams lives up to the centered role she is given. She is a supporting character, still there is not a doubt where she doesn't own the scene. With a sassy yet heartwarming body language, the word vomit of the film shouldn't be Regina George or Mean Girl(s) but Rachel McAdams.
MichaelDJun 23, 2011
I only watched the last hour of the movie and from what I've watched, the movie is OK at best. Lohan acts okay and the plot is original enough.
jimmytancrediMay 29, 2011
It might seems one more teen movie at a school, but the idea of the movie goes furthermore. Mean Girls can portrays very well what really happens in the girlâ
LittleRobinBirdJan 28, 2011
Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) grew up in Africa and is home-schooled, well, until now. Her parents move to America and decide that it's time for Cady to start high school. Then Cady is left to struggle with the non-written laws of the humanCady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) grew up in Africa and is home-schooled, well, until now. Her parents move to America and decide that it's time for Cady to start high school. Then Cady is left to struggle with the non-written laws of the human world. The film is basically a chick-flick, with a high school theme.

Cady makes friends with the Plastics, who are the royalty of their school. They're these three beautiful girls, one of them stupid, one of them the servant bee, and one of them the queen bee. Queen bee, Regina George (Rachel McAdams), is both smart and evil, and the most glamorous of them all. First, Cady makes friends with them but after she sees Regina steal her crush from her, she plots a plan against the Plastics with two outsiders, Janis and Damian.

I had never watched a Lindsay Lohan movie before, and I'm surprised that she can actually act. She looked right for the role, and wow, she was looking decent before all those drugs and partying. She could've progressed into a good actress. Rachel McAdams makes a good smug, plotting, evil **** We're bored of seeing her in romantic dramas one after another, she must try different roles. Amanda Seyfried looked like she was having fun playing the stupid blonde, and that makes the viewers have fun too. And the girl who plays the outsider Janis, Lizzy Caplan, she's the chick from Cloverfield, in case "Who was that girl?" got stuck in your head.

Well, it's not a deep, meaningful movie. You can watch it just to have fun, or to spend 1,5 hours not thinking deeply. It's a high school comedy with girls plotting against each other, but it's not that bad. The cast is good. There is even Tina Fey. And the Janitor from Scrubs. It's watchable.
LisaFeb 15, 2006
This movie was okay. But, I really do not think this movie is good for little kids. Like, when that girl talks about her wide-set vagina.. I mean thats just nasty!! And, I'm not exactly for gays anyways, so the queer that was her friend This movie was okay. But, I really do not think this movie is good for little kids. Like, when that girl talks about her wide-set vagina.. I mean thats just nasty!! And, I'm not exactly for gays anyways, so the queer that was her friend was weird too for me. But, I can't choose how the movie will go. The movie was too bad, I like how in the end, she realized who her true friends were. And how the plastics broke up and continued to talk to others too. It may not have had a good beginning but it had a great end! Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
patrickd.Dec 16, 2005
Best movie ever? Why? I really wantto say something....... It's not that good.
0 of 1 users found this helpful