Tribeca Film | Release Date: January 25, 2013
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 29 Ratings
Watch Now
greenisgoodAug 3, 2019
My One and only issue is I watched this movie out of order i.e; watched Endless before Resolution and kind of saw the end coming. Regardless of inadvertently spoiling the movie for myself my watch still unsettled me as well as endeared me toMy One and only issue is I watched this movie out of order i.e; watched Endless before Resolution and kind of saw the end coming. Regardless of inadvertently spoiling the movie for myself my watch still unsettled me as well as endeared me to the characters.

TL;DR - Watch the movies in order Resolution before Endless, it will give a fuller narrative since the over arcing story carries over through both these films. Either one by itself will not have the desired effect, remarkable execution of film-making is the highlight for this watch more so over a horror/sci-fi experience.

The two characters you follow through the movie are complex enough to keep your attention for the entirety of the movie; the over arching plot that extends beyond this movie into Endless is just a tether to hold on to fantastic and believable performances.
The Director Duo make a serious effort to give us a worthwhile watch in all the technical aspects with excellent cinematography, editing, sound design. Coupled with near flawless execution of character direction and believable dialogue writing make for a worthwhile watch.

Can't say I don't understand the low score since this is a piece of a picture puzzle and the time between this movie and it's conclusion Endless is quite a bit considering the independent film background.

I would still recommend this as a combo watch with Endless to get the full extent of the impact the Director/Writer Duo are trying to tell through their hard work and talent.
foofighter3Jul 1, 2013
The opposite of "Cabin in the Woods". That statement will only make sense once you watch it. Great movie with a great ending. More fun than scary, it still has its scares though and there is a creepy feeling throughout the entire movie.
tvnewsguidoNov 2, 2014
Delightfully weird little movie available now on Amazon Prime and Netflix.

You should go into this one knowing nothing about the film. It is a well-constructed indie project with some great dialogue and an interesting take on the nature
Delightfully weird little movie available now on Amazon Prime and Netflix.

You should go into this one knowing nothing about the film.

It is a well-constructed indie project with some great dialogue and an interesting take on the nature of reality.
JLuis_001Nov 15, 2019
I only knew a few days ago that this film, in addition to being directed by the same pair that made The Endless, is also located in the same world of that film, although this one was released first.
Considering that I really enjoyed The
Considering that I really enjoyed The Endless I decided to look for it and see how it was.

It's certainly a minor film, it feels and it shows. It takes time to start and that can end up exasperating, besides the ambiguity of its plot over-uses its charm.
It's also true that when the time comes the story feels like two different film but manages to channel things right and remain stable until the end.

I liked The Endless a lot more but both are definitely two good options for a double feature.
qbaseSep 26, 2019
Ειλικρινά δεν μπορώ να κατατάξω εύκολα το «Resolution» σε κάποια αναγνωρισμένη κατηγορία του τρόμου. Η αλλόκοτη αυτή ταινία των Justin Benson και Aaron Moorhead (Spring) ανακατεύει με πρωτότυπο τρόπο θέματα και μοτίβα ευρέως χρησιμοποιημέναΕιλικρινά δεν μπορώ να κατατάξω εύκολα το «Resolution» σε κάποια αναγνωρισμένη κατηγορία του τρόμου. Η αλλόκοτη αυτή ταινία των Justin Benson και Aaron Moorhead (Spring) ανακατεύει με πρωτότυπο τρόπο θέματα και μοτίβα ευρέως χρησιμοποιημένα ως κινητήριοι μοχλοί της πλοκής ταινιών τρόμου παρουσιάζοντας ταυτόχρονα μια ασυνήθιστη ιστορία δύο φίλων, μπολιασμένη με πινελιές δράματος και ψήγματα κωμωδίας. Expand