United Artists | Release Date: March 29, 1959
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 121 Ratings
Watch Now
TyranianApr 13, 2019
Fairly funny film with really good acting but men acting like women is only funny for so long.
thelolSep 25, 2017
Some people still say this is the greatest comedy ever made in Hollywood. Who am I to argue? Even after 45 years, it's still very funny and not the least bit dated. It is one of the true classics in the history of film.

I know one thing:

I know one thing: Marilyn Monroe never looked hotter!

The film is a wonderful combination of comedy, action, suspense and romance with great old-time gangster scenes played out first in Chicago and then in Miami Beach. George Raft and Nehimiah Persoff are just great as gangsters.

The stars, though, are Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis but you can also enjoy performances from famous known actors like Pat O'Brien and Joe E. Brown. The action scenes are in the beginning and end. In the middle, the bulk of the film, is the main story featuring comedy and romance. Lemmon has the best lines in the film and his facial expressions alone evoke lots of laughter.

This film is so famous that there is no need going into detail, but for some younger person reading this, don't worry about this being an old-fashioned, boring black-and-white film your parents or grandparents liked but you would find boring. You'll have fun watching this, too, I guarantee it.
BitashJan 26, 2020
Omgosh...i am shocked how good this movie is. Its 2020 and this movie is NOT out dated at all. The acting and writing is so good, so natural. Jack Lemon is halarious, so many funny scenes....Tony Curtis is wonderful and he was HOT. TheOmgosh...i am shocked how good this movie is. Its 2020 and this movie is NOT out dated at all. The acting and writing is so good, so natural. Jack Lemon is halarious, so many funny scenes....Tony Curtis is wonderful and he was HOT. The dancing scene he has with Joe e Brown was cracking me up i had to keep rewinding it to see it again. I hope younger generation watches this movie. Its incredible. Gotta say i dont love Merylin Monroe, she is over acting and just not believable. But who cares Jack Lemon is Brilliant! Expand
amheretojudgeMay 3, 2018
refresh my memory..

Some Like It Hot The comic sequences aren't just some hocus pocus but contains some concrete material that has witty humor and amusing characters that focuses on the crisp of it and not some lame one liners or double
refresh my memory..

Some Like It Hot

The comic sequences aren't just some hocus pocus but contains some concrete material that has witty humor and amusing characters that focuses on the crisp of it and not some lame one liners or double entandre. I.A.L. Diamond and Billy Wilder; the screen writers, adapted the raw concept smartly and projected it onto various conversations that draws out laughs; especially the "train" sequence. Billy Wilder's brilliant execution is the key that helps keeping it to the ground and practical despite of having some sketchy scenes in it. Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are flat out hilarious in their parallel roles and are supported thoroughly by Marilyn Monroe. Some Like It Hot defines and preaches others on how to create such genre feature and that is by focusing onto its lead characters that should and does go in here the journey that is full of chaos and bold but still never leaves the fun out of it.
EgeBerkDec 17, 2018
I watched this film at the age of 14-15, I liked it very much and wanted to watch it again and it was as nice as I remember.
I think we laughed so much that almost everyone would be happy to watch this movie.Jack Lemmon fascinates you with his acting really he plays the role and makes us feel it was one of the best acting I've seen

My favorite and most laughing scene was the dance scene of jack lemmon and Joe E.Brown duo,is probably one of the best scenes in the history of cinema.would definitely recommend to everyone.wonderful movie a masterpiece.but of course there are some bad aspects of ridiculous scenes, but you don't wear them too much.
BenWomackJun 25, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello. Have a good day. You're trying to decide, whether or not to invest time watching Some Like It Hot... Again? It's still there. Not trying to influence that decision too heavily, bits that came through last time I saw it (June 5th 2020) were: did laugh. Also, it's very sad, actually. Marilyn Monroe in her real life? is sort of dying? The scene where she's sad about how it's gone, jilted at the altar, tying up Act 3... Felt very close to the bone.
I gather, Ms. Otis Regrets? was the result of a dare, as to whether Cole Porter could fit a tune to the next thing he heard in a hotel lobby? I don't think S.L.I.H. is as a result of a similar challenge, to the director- could he make a comedy about the St. Valentine's Day massacre? So. You have the set-up, for this big farce. They're playing women. Good delay of the punch-line, lead up to, their transformation- that timing's all pretty perfect. It's fine when it works. It's a bit slow later- the resort kills the buzz, a bit. Would Jack Lemmon, go swimming? Wouldn't that- make it obvious. Wouldn't the obvious thing to have done, be have some contrivance where M.M. has to play a fella? Perhaps as a song with the band.
Perhaps more seriously... Does this make your life any easier, if you are in the wrong gender?
Got good elements, not perfect product. Thanks, Ben.
JGuevaraMar 1, 2020
I can see the appeal of this movie, especially for its time. It is well executed and the acting is great. Many of the comedic scenes are original and it is remains light throughout. However, it pains me to say I just did not find myself beingI can see the appeal of this movie, especially for its time. It is well executed and the acting is great. Many of the comedic scenes are original and it is remains light throughout. However, it pains me to say I just did not find myself being immersed or laughing very often, perhaps it was too light for my taste. Even comedies have a level of tension, suspense, character development, intended to pull you in, be invested at what is at stake, but I did not feel that here so much. Expand
FnnJun 3, 2020
Although not all the jokes have aged well its a funny film. I also whacked it a lot waist growing up so I'm quite attached to it. its a great film that everyone should see.
IrrelevantGeOffSep 23, 2020
A genuine joy to watch, can’t be missed! The vast majority of the humor is as hilarious today as it was then. Jack Lemmon is a treat, Tony Curtis was acting perfection, Marlyn Monroe was magical, and Joe E Brown delivered the greatest endingA genuine joy to watch, can’t be missed! The vast majority of the humor is as hilarious today as it was then. Jack Lemmon is a treat, Tony Curtis was acting perfection, Marlyn Monroe was magical, and Joe E Brown delivered the greatest ending line of all time! Expand