Lionsgate | Release Date: September 6, 2019
tbd
No score yet
Watch Now
LamontRaymondSep 6, 2019
What starts out like a supernatural curiosity because a super interesting thriller with complex plotting. The terrific cast carries the day. Recommmended! (And great to see Amy Ryan back on the big screen.)
JLuis_001Sep 21, 2019
It begins in an interesting way but it gets diluted very fast, when I was in the middle of the story I stopped being interested and its conclusion was hollow and weak.
fr261865Sep 6, 2019
Is this movie a thriller? Or a supernatural scary movie? Or a combination of both? It reminded me of the way Alfred Hitchcock made movies. Like "Ordinary People" (Amy Ryan as the angry Mary Tyler Moore mother perfomance) meets an adultIs this movie a thriller? Or a supernatural scary movie? Or a combination of both? It reminded me of the way Alfred Hitchcock made movies. Like "Ordinary People" (Amy Ryan as the angry Mary Tyler Moore mother perfomance) meets an adult thriller (Psycho). The opening scene, leading to a flashback is a perfect framing device. It does not give away too much a whats to come, at the same time it leaves the viewer hanging there. Nick Robinson gives an amazingly nuanced performance, we know he is keeping a secret but what can it be? (no, not the "big ass secret he had in Love Simon!). Blythe Danner, Brian Cox and Greg Kinnear are just not on screen as much as we would have liked. And, Margaret Qualley is a fantastic mix of down to earth vs. crazy. Wish they would make movies like this more often. What a treat!! Expand