Summit Entertainment | Release Date: March 18, 2016
4.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 280 Ratings
Watch Now
DontBeNastyMar 18, 2016
Its more adolescent nonsense to exploit teenage girls that will go over anything that has young handsome guys and girls engage in some fantasy crap. End it already!
FolderMathMar 19, 2016
Terribly cliche movie, TV commercial is the worst I've ever seen, trailer is pretty much the whole movie summed up, and a poor screenplay. This film deserves nothing more than a 1, if someone argues well enough. Sure, fans of the book mightTerribly cliche movie, TV commercial is the worst I've ever seen, trailer is pretty much the whole movie summed up, and a poor screenplay. This film deserves nothing more than a 1, if someone argues well enough. Sure, fans of the book might enjoy, but that's as far as it goes. Expand
Unladenswallow0Mar 18, 2016
Young girl, beautiful and intelligent, but different from the rest, soon learns that she is the sole hope for saving the entire world. Where have we heard that before? This is what this movie is, its just so painfully predictable, even theYoung girl, beautiful and intelligent, but different from the rest, soon learns that she is the sole hope for saving the entire world. Where have we heard that before? This is what this movie is, its just so painfully predictable, even the things the characters say. Youve got the cliche "just two days from retirement" chracter deaths, obviously evil but portrayed as good middle aged balding men, you've got imaginative CGI futuristic orange bubbles that cleanse the radioactive crap from the main protagonists bodies, You've even got a character that can tell if a puddle of water is radioactive, just by looking at it! Wtf? The acting is wooden, even from the extras. I actually found the execution at the beginning to be hilarious as the extras were so terrible, waving their hands around like slightly to moderately concerned individuals at bingo. At one point my brother said to me "hey didnt we see this movie before" and i was like "nah that was the scorch trials" and he was like "nah the other one" and I was like "the hunger games" and he was like "nah man, the one where the girl saves the world from the bad guy" and i was like "oh yeah you mean the mortal instruments?" and he was like "nah man the other one". Expand
NerdConsultantMar 23, 2016
I'm not angry with Divergent anymore i'm just bored with it. I'd say that the plot causes the franchise to go off the rails but that implies it ever got on the rails in the first place. Allegiant has no choice but to rip off the Maze RunnerI'm not angry with Divergent anymore i'm just bored with it. I'd say that the plot causes the franchise to go off the rails but that implies it ever got on the rails in the first place. Allegiant has no choice but to rip off the Maze Runner after Insurgent pretty much ran whatever originality the series had with it's concept into the ground (which even then felt like it was ripping off the Hunger Games). the plot is so confusing and makes no sense and has to establish everything again which it does poorly and i also believe fans of the book will be aggravated by the changes from the source material especially splitting the final book into 2 films. the cast also show real visible disdain for material they've been given including newcomer Jeff Daniels who really looks like he doesn't want to be there and Miles Teller is still really annoying . it's a mess there's no other way of looking at it. i was never that big a fan The Hunger Games but this series as well as The 5th Wave makes me pine for it Expand
HohumMar 18, 2016
Congratulations to Jeff Daniels - having done Dumb and Dumber, you've now participated in Dumbest.

Honestly the worst thing I've had to suffer through in a theater in recent memory. Having quite enjoyed the first movie, I approached this one with the wide-eyed innocence of the lamb being conveyor-belted to the saw blade. Imagine my surprise upon being assaulted by a nonsensical plot, awful 2D characters and even garbage special effects.

Also, Ladies and Gentlemen - let's pause for a moment to take on a special feeling of disdain for the acting. In particular, Triss' delivery of "maybe they're here to rescue us?" which was delivered with all the emotion and poise of a preschooler reading aloud to class (apologies to all the preschoolers out there).

It's sad that this festering turd of a movie will ride the popularity wave of the books and do quite well for itself. It is most certainly not deserved. Avoid at all costs.
mykdudeMar 19, 2016
As with The Hunger Games, another series finale that is going to suffer from being dragged out into two parts. Allegiant is slow, dull, redundant and stale. The extended story line has destroyed the pace of the last two films and has openedAs with The Hunger Games, another series finale that is going to suffer from being dragged out into two parts. Allegiant is slow, dull, redundant and stale. The extended story line has destroyed the pace of the last two films and has opened up holes in the story line. When part 2 of part 3 comes out, hopefully it will find its legs again. Expand
EpicLadySpongeMar 18, 2016
Aren't we already tired of this continuing series that manages to exist for only money at the box office? That's what I thought. With Allegiant, things are starting to get old and the Divergent Series manages to overstay its welcome byAren't we already tired of this continuing series that manages to exist for only money at the box office? That's what I thought. With Allegiant, things are starting to get old and the Divergent Series manages to overstay its welcome by wearing off its greatness from the first installment even though Divergent hardly had any greatness anyways. Expand
TheKavehJMar 19, 2016
When I walked into The Divergent Series: Allegiant, I had very low expectations. But, the film turned out to be even worse. The acting is dull, the plotline is week, and the film itself is just boring.
ThealienaddictMar 21, 2016
This movie is absolute **** The characters are bland and have no personality, the special effects are terrible, and it is trying too hard to be the hunger games. The dialogue and jokes seem like they were written by a five year old. The plotThis movie is absolute **** The characters are bland and have no personality, the special effects are terrible, and it is trying too hard to be the hunger games. The dialogue and jokes seem like they were written by a five year old. The plot is incredibly formulated and quite frankly, stupid. The only reason you should watch this movie is if you want to get cancer. Expand
CineAutoctonoMar 25, 2016
" Allegiant " was a very bad , seriously boring , bad film photography , as the " Divergent " series focused on what we wanted to focus on Allegiant but I did not understand the story, a little saturated and stay with flavorless
ricky1121Jun 25, 2016
No no no! This was a horrid movie! Who could sit and watch this mess of a film without walking out or falling asleep. Big disappointment. See something else!
RickyReviewsJun 25, 2016
I thought this would be a good movie in the vein of the Hunger Games. Boy, was I wrong. It was cliched, poorly scripted, and bad acting, and would be better off as a SyFy Original. Mega thumbs down :(
LonelyCriticMay 29, 2016
Just when you think the series can't get any worse, this movie comes up. Woodley's performance is dull in every single way. The plot is torn apart in billion pieces. THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE.
reviewer1234567Jun 25, 2016
Worst movie I've ever seen. Big waste of time. Bad acting and reminded me of something off of SyFy. I'm surprised this isn't a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. :(
geneboobJun 30, 2016
I'm not even sure where they got their movie plot...certainly didn't even remotely follow the storyline..its embarrassing that they would try and name this movie after the book
TkHow88Mar 18, 2016
Allegiant ? More like a detergent. Wash up our evenly little interest to take a look at this pile of crap.

Never interested since the trailer of first movie.
MattBrady99Mar 25, 2016
Allegiant is unoriginal, bland, dull and a complete embarrassment to the source material that it's based on. I can't wait for these teens novel adaptations to go extinct.
SrPepeMar 25, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. La saga va de mal en peor. No leí el libro para juzgar pero la película ha sido muy vacía y muy predecible. Para ser una guerra civil solo hubo 4 muertes, y solo de un personaje destacable que igual no era la gran cosa. La traición de Peter, el perdón de Tris a su hermano, la mentira de David, todo es muy predecible y aburrido. Lo peor de la película fue el asesinato despiadado a cientos de personas en el final, tirando la nave a la base y que mate a todos, y los personajes simplemente sonrían y festejen cuando al principio abandonaron Chicago por estar en contra de la muerte. Lo único que destaco es el personaje sarcástico y malvado de Peter que siempre es grato ver. El resto de personajes, para mal. Los efectos de la película si que fueron bastante buenos y es lo único que destaca de la película.

En resumen, la película es muy aburrida y densa, y las escenas interesantes solo fue la pelea del final, la cual fue bastante corta.
grantchulaMar 30, 2016
I don't know what they had in mind when they made this movie, but it is nothing like the book. the pace of this movie is also weird and they lose touch on emotions halfway through. still worth the watch if you really keep up and slow downI don't know what they had in mind when they made this movie, but it is nothing like the book. the pace of this movie is also weird and they lose touch on emotions halfway through. still worth the watch if you really keep up and slow down with the awkward pace. also try to pay attention to the plot and ignore the repetitive (and i mean repetitive) cgi action. Other than that it is really not an entertaining movie with a weird pace and confusing plot. Expand
kokolostaMay 30, 2016
Awful,dull,stupid,annoying,bad,stupid,horrible.I could do this all day.There isn't a single good performance.This movie is the worst thing i have seen in my life.
morninstarApr 2, 2016
This movie embodies the very thing I hate about movies. The thing that popular books need to be converted into poorly done movies, with **** ass acting. No one in this movie seemed to give a **** about it, except maybe Miles Teller, who IThis movie embodies the very thing I hate about movies. The thing that popular books need to be converted into poorly done movies, with **** ass acting. No one in this movie seemed to give a **** about it, except maybe Miles Teller, who I thought was just trying to have fun with it. There are good YA books out there, and Fault in Our Stars showed us they can be made into good enough movies, but this is just the plot of Hunger Games recycled, with a little bit of changeover, so that it seems "original". And to think I kind of liked the first one. That's the thing about trilogies though, either they can awesome and super well formed, like the Kung Fu Panda trilogy, or suck like these three movies(or the Taken trilogy, for that matter). All in all, listen to everyone on this website and save yourself some money. Expand
TyronJamesMay 23, 2016
This films predecessor's are bad no matter what but this film is pure garbage. This film have become worse and worse and I am tired of it.The maze runner is also bad but The divergent series is the worse.
csw12Jun 27, 2016
A pile of garbage and ridiculously stupid from start to finish...........................................................................................................................
FuturedirectorApr 30, 2017
Surprisingly smart and fast-paced, but fatally flawed and cliched, Allegiant just continues it's predecessors steps in an every-time-worse way, also thanks to it's dull storytelling that lacks a good point of view to it's cast.
SomePersonaJan 22, 2017
They were going mediocre for the first two, and now they are going bad. The quality is really off for this one; bad acting, bad story, bad visual effects, and tons of badness. The only real redeeming quality of this movie is some of itsThey were going mediocre for the first two, and now they are going bad. The quality is really off for this one; bad acting, bad story, bad visual effects, and tons of badness. The only real redeeming quality of this movie is some of its ideas, but other than that, it sucks. Expand
djniceyJul 17, 2016
I enjoyed the first two films and was expecting to like this too, but the franchise seems to have gone off the rails for some reason. The plot seemed a bit dumbed down from the previous movies but even so was pretty nonsensical. I was able toI enjoyed the first two films and was expecting to like this too, but the franchise seems to have gone off the rails for some reason. The plot seemed a bit dumbed down from the previous movies but even so was pretty nonsensical. I was able to suspend my disbelief for the first two films but this one just seemed a bit more silly and the action sequences were pretty contrived and lacked any real threat to the characters, although one of the characters at the start of the movie got shot by a bullet that could apparently change direction at will, seeing as she was standing away from the edge of a really large wall and got shot by someone at the bottom. It just went downhill from that point onwards.

Just about worth watching if you have watched the previous two films, but otherwise its a pretty lame film in its own right.
eagleeyevikingJul 14, 2016
The Divergent Series: Allegiant renders the Divergent Series redundant with another completely forgettable installment in the franchise. One note-characters, obvious use of green screen and terrible dialogue contribute. At least it wasn't boring.
badgerryan19May 19, 2017
Another underwhelming movie from the Divergent series. Just like the previous 2 it seems like no one is actually trying and there to just collect a paycheck. Some points make zero sense at at when they reach the end credits which had noAnother underwhelming movie from the Divergent series. Just like the previous 2 it seems like no one is actually trying and there to just collect a paycheck. Some points make zero sense at at when they reach the end credits which had no conclusion to an apparent conclusion of the series. Expand
Sam3336Oct 15, 2016
I was so disappointed with the acting in this movie and it doesn't compare to the previous divergent series movies in my opinion. I won't be watching anymore divergent movies when they come out in the future as i believe they will be the sameI was so disappointed with the acting in this movie and it doesn't compare to the previous divergent series movies in my opinion. I won't be watching anymore divergent movies when they come out in the future as i believe they will be the same level of disappointment as this movie. I do not recommend anyone to buy or watch this rubbish. Expand
duzaonSep 22, 2017
A troca de diretor fez com que a história se perdesse e fosse parar em um rumo totalmente diferente do que foi escrito. Não adianta colocar milhares de efeitos especiais se a história não for boa com o livro. Decepcionante.
Dragonfly44Oct 11, 2018
I tried to like the first two. And they weren’t the worse. But this, this is just disgusting. Even more so predictable and the dialouge and acting has been turned down about fifty notches. Rating - 15%
Viktory_GamingMar 19, 2018
Very disappointed. The acting is sub par and the ending is unforgivingly anti climactic. Most of everything that happens throughout this film was painfully predictable. The most anticipated film in the series yet the most disappointing one.
ErikTheCriticOct 11, 2018
This is the second last film in this franchise, meaning that it should be more gripping and stirring than previous entries. Unfortunately, it is the dullest entry in the series yet.
AWESOM-0Jun 12, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn’t think it could get worse but it did. I heard people like the novel but the movie is so predictable, this can’t be how the novel is right? There is absolutely no drama or suspense because it is just so cliche. How the ridiculous is it that Tris overcomes one massive conspiracy and rises above it in the first two movies to fall for another massive conspiracy. I’m not saying that it needed to be different but please be more creative, if not in substance at least In execution. Expand