Well Go USA Entertainment | Release Date: April 6, 2018
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 111 Ratings
Watch Now
hypeatiaJun 30, 2018
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great film, one about sibling relationships (pretty accurately rendered) and a fun take on time loops that also loops into another Justin Benson film, Resolution. Clever, and full of characters to root for. Expand
AugustKellerJun 4, 2018
The Endless is a film that is easy to get pulled into due to the variety of its techniques and the intention of its direction. A daunting atmosphere is created almost instantly with ominous scoring and dramatic transitions from scene toThe Endless is a film that is easy to get pulled into due to the variety of its techniques and the intention of its direction. A daunting atmosphere is created almost instantly with ominous scoring and dramatic transitions from scene to scene. Tensions rise as the plot carefully creeps along and the cast is given room to hit notes as diverse as comedic and horrifying. However, while the craft of this movie may be clear, the drawbacks are clear as well.

Some jokes fall flat, some characters feel incomplete, and some effects look weak. The Endless gives so many gifts but, unfortunately, it delivers some misses as well. Lightly peppered throughout the existential themes and sprawling imagery are cheesy lines and forced plot points, which leaves the whole thing feeling like a slightly missed opportunity. Superb sound, pacing and direction make The Endless a fascinating film from the drop but it all comes with enough miscalculations that the tonal integrity may be questioned by some. The result is a film that has potential to form a niche following but receive some mixed reviews from the general public.

Writing: 7/10
Production Design: 5/10
Casting: 5/10
Effects: 7/10

Overall Score: 7.1/10

Original Article: https://thefilmguys.blog/reviews/augusts-reviews/the-endless-2018/
TryASummersaultJun 24, 2018
8.4/10 Once again the incredibly talented and innovative duo of Moorhead/Benson make a very captivating and perplexing spectacle full of ominous imagery and flabbergasting mind boggling conclusions. When I saw their first great film;8.4/10 Once again the incredibly talented and innovative duo of Moorhead/Benson make a very captivating and perplexing spectacle full of ominous imagery and flabbergasting mind boggling conclusions. When I saw their first great film; "Resolution" a few years back, I was absolutely blown away by its unique and foreboding nature, and I was constantly wondering about the ambiguous yet fantastic ending it left us with. I had a feeling from the first trailer this was going to somehow connect, and thankfully this film ties Resolution in flawlessly and honestly I consider this a sequel that answers some massive questions. Its imagination and creative unraveling of a insanely brilliant and mysterious tale is incredibly intriguing. The visuals and set pieces are astoundingly well done and set such a clever tone that's doused in suspense and wonder throughout. It's abundantly clear these guys can make amazing films on lower humble budgets and it speaks volumes about their talent as writers/filmmakers. While it does leave us with another ending that could go either way, I'm holding out hope for another entry into this highly entertaining and thrilling universe. While I wouldn't classify these films as horror's, I would call them more existential sci/fi/thrillers that get you thinking and pondering. Expand
Brent_MarchantApr 22, 2018
An intriguing sci-fi/horror offering that starts out great and finishes strong but sags somewhat in the middle. It's one thing to entice viewers with cryptic and metaphorical dialogue and actions, but it's something else to keep doing so toAn intriguing sci-fi/horror offering that starts out great and finishes strong but sags somewhat in the middle. It's one thing to entice viewers with cryptic and metaphorical dialogue and actions, but it's something else to keep doing so to the point where it becomes tiresome, as happens in this release's second act. The visuals are impressive, and the script has a good deal of humor carefully mixed in. If you can make it through the picture's midsection, you'll be rewarded, but don't be surprised if your patience gets tried a bit along the way. Expand
JLuis_001Jun 30, 2018
An interesting and intelligent puzzle that will make you think and that's always a good thing in films, however I feel the execution wasn´t successful. The film is well constructed but it feels very anticlimactic and the mystery itself is notAn interesting and intelligent puzzle that will make you think and that's always a good thing in films, however I feel the execution wasn´t successful. The film is well constructed but it feels very anticlimactic and the mystery itself is not really spectacular.

This film left me with a good impression, I cannot deny that. The film is entertaining and enjoyable but as I said it's also anticlimactic, however I recommend it because it's an attractive and well-made proposal outside the mainstream that will give you a nice talk post-film and most importantly this guys, the filmmakers, they're on a good path and I believe they're on the verge of their big breakthrough.
Bizzylorenzo70Aug 3, 2018
Type of low budget sci-fi flick that some will love and others will be asking "what did I just watch"? I found it intriguing, and yet quite frustrating at times, with a fascinating realism about it. It gains momentum and starts explainingType of low budget sci-fi flick that some will love and others will be asking "what did I just watch"? I found it intriguing, and yet quite frustrating at times, with a fascinating realism about it. It gains momentum and starts explaining more as it progresses to its rather shocking conclusion. Expand
greenisgoodDec 9, 2018
An absolute gem of a slow burn, IMHO. The minimal Cgi usage keeps the pacing intriguing as well as the intelligent usage of said minimal effects nudge the weirdness just enough to stay ominous.
The director duo work well as actors more so as
The director duo work well as actors more so as two passive aggressive brothers that are learning to respect each other. The supporting cast though mostly passive did well enough to hold up the central sibling relationship which was the focus.
I loved every camera shot and movement that was showcased in this film and adore the organic flow of the exposition dealt out to us. Up until the end and even after the climax I would say we as viewers are not given any resolute definitions about what is actually happening and I respect such movies that allow my own mind to make up what could be. This is especially a better way to write your screenplay and story and I would prefer this style over any dumb cgi creation coupled with loud jump scares which seems to plague modern horror movies.
Watch this movie Support the Directing Duo I hope to see them flourish and see more of their future work.
FIghtDucksFIghtJul 3, 2018
I hate to be the guy that says this..but I swear I NEVER write reviews. The Endless is simply genius. Moorhead and Benson are brilliant at writing and acting. I can't recommend watching Resolution prior to this enough (although notI hate to be the guy that says this..but I swear I NEVER write reviews. The Endless is simply genius. Moorhead and Benson are brilliant at writing and acting. I can't recommend watching Resolution prior to this enough (although not mandatory to enjoy it thoroughly). Spring is almost as amazing at riding some seven genre fence of genius. It's poignant, horrific, romantic, surprising and has not been praised enough. But with the endless, this two guys have really reached a new high that I have no doubt is still just the beginning of their excellent careers. TEN. Requiem 10. One Flew Over... 10 Black Swan 10 Fight Club 8.5 The Endless: TEN Expand
truerockApr 26, 2020
So, here we have a low budget film that professional critics rate 8/10 and there are no political or social hooks to garner favor with ideologically biased individuals. That is an 8/10 based on the quality of the film with no socialSo, here we have a low budget film that professional critics rate 8/10 and there are no political or social hooks to garner favor with ideologically biased individuals. That is an 8/10 based on the quality of the film with no social commentary that could assuage MSNBC or Fox News devotees.

I wanted to give the film a lower rating because it has a low-quality patina. Right from the beginning – when the film’s sole writer plays one of the main acting roles - I am thinking low budget quality. And, in my opinion, Justin Benson needs to continue writing because he obviously is gifted at that skill – and, avoid acting at which he is only average.
Immediately after watching this film, I looked up what other things Justin Benson has been working on. I plan to follow his efforts closely.

The writing was excellent. I am assuming that is what the professional critics are going to say they liked. If a critic does not say that, I will be careful never to read any of that critic’s writings again.
Other non-Justin Benson acting was good – but, there was no heavy-hitter acting talent to make the film more enjoyable. All other technicals were somewhere between average and film-student-senior-project quality – although the special effects were noteworthy – especially given the low budget I assume they had to work with.
Thus, if you are going to watch this film – and I recommend that you do – realize it is for the writing and not necessarily for other reasons. If you spend a lot of time watching reality-tv, please do not waste your time. You will be at the end of this film realizing you just wasted 111 minutes you could have spent watching Real Housewives.
wollam11Oct 15, 2018
One of those movies that you love that you are pretty sure you will never watch again. Wouldn't want to get caught in a loop. Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson would make a cute couple, even if they are brothers. Just can't help rooting forOne of those movies that you love that you are pretty sure you will never watch again. Wouldn't want to get caught in a loop. Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson would make a cute couple, even if they are brothers. Just can't help rooting for them both. Expand
justwibiOct 16, 2018
the idea of this film is really good! they don't have a lot of money but success made this sci-fi/horror looks so natural and creepy! that's why you don't have to had lot of money for making a film.
BeepboopbopSep 19, 2018
Incredible! I think the less you know going in the more you will enjoy this film.
GrantD243Jan 9, 2019
Given a bigger budget, I think that The Endless could have been one of the biggest sci-fi films of this year. However, the smaller budget does show at times, as some of the effects are a little too ambitious for what they had to work with.Given a bigger budget, I think that The Endless could have been one of the biggest sci-fi films of this year. However, the smaller budget does show at times, as some of the effects are a little too ambitious for what they had to work with. The story is fantastic for about 80% of the runtime, and the mystery is enthralling from the start. Unfortunately, the ending jumped the shark for me. It's not a terrible ending, but it cheapened the rest of the film for me. If the ending had connected better with the rest of the film, I think this would be one of my favorite films of the year. Expand
Slovenly_MuseJan 12, 2019
Regardless of the occasional rough patches and loose threads, this is a very enjoyable, fascinating film that makes excellent use of a small budget and delivers on its unsettling story.
CosiMOLOGOSep 10, 2018
La emoción más antigua y más intensa de la humanidad es el miedo, y el más antiguo y más intenso de los miedos es el miedo a lo desconocido. Con esta frase de H. P. Lovecraft, escritor que cimentó las bases del terror cósmico, comienza estaLa emoción más antigua y más intensa de la humanidad es el miedo, y el más antiguo y más intenso de los miedos es el miedo a lo desconocido. Con esta frase de H. P. Lovecraft, escritor que cimentó las bases del terror cósmico, comienza esta película que guarda mucha similitud con los libros del mencionado autor. Narra la historia de dos hermanos, que después de recibir una cinta de vídeo, vuelven a una secta de la que escaparon hace años. Lo característico en las obras de Lovecraft es el miedo a algo o alguien, un ser omnipresente y con un poder absoluto. Como "En las montañas de la locura", historia que inspiró a "La cosa", una magnifica película de terror. Ahora con una historia muy compleja y un presupuesto muy bajo, el cineasta Justin Benson, logró plasmar de una manera magistral la esencia de la obra de Lovecraft en una película con un gran logro artístico, que se ve acompañado con excelentes actuaciones y efectos respetables para una producción independiente.

A diferencia de las mayoría de películas de terror, El infinito, sale de los parámetros de las películas de terror y muestra de una manera magnifica que este género aún puede dar buenos resultados. Como lo hizo "Huye", el año pasado o "La bruja".

Una de las mejores películas de terror y ciencia ficción del año
qbaseSep 20, 2019
Το The Endless αποτελεί τυπικά sequel/spin-off του Resolution, ή τέλος πάντως διαδραματίζονται στο ίδιο σύμπαν, χωρίς όμως να είναι απαραίτητο να έχετε δει τη προηγούμενη ταινία, μιας και η ιστορίες είναι ανεξάρτητες, παρά τους κάποιουςΤο The Endless αποτελεί τυπικά sequel/spin-off του Resolution, ή τέλος πάντως διαδραματίζονται στο ίδιο σύμπαν, χωρίς όμως να είναι απαραίτητο να έχετε δει τη προηγούμενη ταινία, μιας και η ιστορίες είναι ανεξάρτητες, παρά τους κάποιους κοινούς χαρακτήρες. Expand
ShoaibRahamanDec 9, 2020
Good movie, with some unsatisfying moments and no brainers plots, but overall a great time killer and thriller. Definitely worth a try.
Diane_HJun 16, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved this movie! It's one of those movies I had to watch twice. But, I have a question for those of you who have seen it. What do you think happened in the end? Do you think they really got out, or do you think they were stuck driving in their own time loop? Is that why the gas tank always showed it was empty, but they were still able to drive? Expand
JLauSep 18, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brothers leave a UFO death cult that revolves around killing people in time loops but might actually just be stuck in one big time loop themselves. Expand
Riley_G_wagnerJan 13, 2021
This and resolution by these guys are great movies watched them both a couple times